PDA

View Full Version : RipBot264 v1.18.3 - Simple and easy to use GUI -> IPOD . PSP . CONSOLES . BLURAY

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Blender
27th April 2009, 23:16
Anyone had problems with Blood Diamond? I have transcoded it three times and at 42 minutes and some seconds it turns into colored snow . I tried trancoding other discs to make sure not a hardware or software issue and all wok fine. Is there some copy/transcode protection I am running in to?

laserfan
27th April 2009, 23:57
Anyone had problems with Blood Diamond? I have transcoded it three times and at 42 minutes and some seconds it turns into colored snow .That's a VC-1 and so likely you're having decoding problems. Do you have WMP11 installed...

RCF
28th April 2009, 18:05
Atak,
I'm very pleased to see that Ripbot and all the associated modules work perfectly under Windows 7 64 bit RC1. I had some concerns but so far I've converted 2 Blu-Ray movies to AVCHD (1080p) using Windows 7 without issue. Thanks again for all of your hard work and a terrific product. It is greatly appreciated by the vast majority of us.

RCF

RCF
28th April 2009, 18:15
Has anyone tried using RipBot264 with VC-1 material on Windows 7 x64? I have been successful with H264 and MPEG-2, but with VC-1 RipBot hangs after the demux of the m2ts file. Is there a workaround for this as I would really like to continue using Win7?

Thanks in advance.
Balthazar2k4,

In response to your question I've not had any issues at all using Ripbot with Windows 7 64 bit RC1. I've ripped 2 movies thus far with this configuration, one was an h.264 and the other VC-1. No issues with either. My system is a home built Q6600 with 4 gigs RAM. I hope this answers your question. Now...with that said I HAVE occasionally had similar problems under Vista especially when the source Blu-Ray contains interlaced video. These are usually Blu-Rays from DiscoveryHD or National Geographic HD. In these cases the work around has been to manually use TS Muxer to save just the streams I want (creating an M2TS file) and then loading that file into Nero Vision (included with Nero 9) to create the AVCHD. Nero Vision packaged with Nero 8 didn't do very well. The new version is much better and handles interlaced sources easily.

RCF

Balthazar2k4
28th April 2009, 18:30
Balthazar2k4,

In response to your question I've not had any issues at all using Ripbot with Windows 7 64 bit RC1. I've ripped 2 movies thus far with this configuration, one was an h.264 and the other VC-1. No issues with either. My system is a home built Q6600 with 4 gigs RAM. I hope this answers your question.

RCF

Well, I am at a loss. I have tried three different builds of 7 x64 (fresh installs including build 7100) and none of them will properly load ffdshow after the demux. H264 and MPEG-2 work fine, but VC-1 refuses to play nice. What could I be missing? I have RipBot264 setup exactly the same way as I do under Vista x64 (which works perfectly) and it just does not work. Did you do anything special?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

illestdomer2005
29th April 2009, 02:56
Anybody having trouble with the Sin City blu-ray? The movie is getting chopped up into sections that repeat the credits and are out of order. It seems like RipBot isn't processing them correctly.

CORRECTION: Disc 2 of the new BD is a "recut" version that is intentionally chopped up. Apologies.

Blender
29th April 2009, 03:32
That's a VC-1 and so likely you're having decoding problems. Do you have WMP11 installed...

Yes I have WMP 11 installed . I have same problem with transcoded file with VLC and Powere dvd 9 hd as well. All turn to snow.

illestdomer2005
29th April 2009, 04:33
Well, I am at a loss. I have tried three different builds of 7 x64 (fresh installs including build 7100) and none of them will properly load ffdshow after the demux. H264 and MPEG-2 work fine, but VC-1 refuses to play nice. What could I be missing? I have RipBot264 setup exactly the same way as I do under Vista x64 (which works perfectly) and it just does not work. Did you do anything special?

I had some issues initially setting up RipBot on Windows 7, and I wish I could remember how I fixed them. Basically, RipBot wasn't properly seeing ffdshow, Haali Media Splitter, or both.

In any event, I am running a dual boot Vista x86 and 7 x64, and I've only used 7 a couple of times...mostly because I already have so much already set up on Vista.

The good news is that I think the problem is solvable as long as you don't give up :)

Balthazar2k4
29th April 2009, 05:05
I had some issues initially setting up RipBot on Windows 7, and I wish I could remember how I fixed them. Basically, RipBot wasn't properly seeing ffdshow, Haali Media Splitter, or both.

In any event, I am running a dual boot Vista x86 and 7 x64, and I've only used 7 a couple of times...mostly because I already have so much already set up on Vista.

The good news is that I think the problem is solvable as long as you don't give up :)

I believe you would be correct about RipBot not seeing FFDshow correctly. Nothing in Win7 sees FFDshow. I have tried MPC Home Cinema, MeGUI, and HDConverToX. They all exhibit the same problem. What I can't seem to figure out is how others have managed to get it to work and I have spent days researching the problem and can't solve it. Kind of depressing really....

buzzqw
29th April 2009, 07:09
I believe you would be correct about RipBot not seeing FFDshow correctly. Nothing in Win7 sees FFDshow. I have tried MPC Home Cinema, MeGUI, and HDConverToX. They all exhibit the same problem. What I can't seem to figure out is how others have managed to get it to work and I have spent days researching the problem and can't solve it. Kind of depressing really....

isn't a issue of gui, but avisynth directshowsource's not able to "dialogate" with ffdshow on win7

maybe better to wait for ffdshow compatibility with win7

BHH

TRONDROM
29th April 2009, 14:58
A noob question: I have an HDTV 720p mkv of Armageddon that I would like to make into a BD9, the problem is it's 25 frames per second and my Sony BD9-S300 only plays NTSC 24 fps.........if I change the frame rate to 24 with the Ripbot feature, will it change the audio, too, to match the video? Or would I have to use another program to change the frame rate of the audio and then mux that with the changed 24 fps of the video? Not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

prettyboy85712
29th April 2009, 16:11
Why don't you try it and find out?

TRONDROM
29th April 2009, 20:55
prettyboy85712, thanks for the great advice, but I'm looking to save 10 hours of encoding time. I don't want to encode it for 10 hours for it not to work. That's why I'm trying to do a little research and be smart and ask someone with more experience than myself. I'll tell you a story, man. Okay? A wise man asks for help when he doesn't know something, a dumb-ass does things on his own and tries to learn by himself. I'm a wise-man. Peace.

prettyboy85712
29th April 2009, 21:31
A wise-man wouldn't encode the entire file. He would clip a small section. Peace

Sarreq Teryx
30th April 2009, 01:43
so, just out of curiousity, has development just stalled, or stopped altogether??

RCF
30th April 2009, 06:27

No...nothing special except I did the "upgrade" from Vista 64 to W7 64 bit build 7100. I was VERY careful to keep my 64 bit Vista clean (without extra codecs). Beyond that I simply don't know unless some other program or driver is causing the issue. I have a rather old Radeon X1800 video card. Perhaps I have a slightly different version of ffdshow as there seems to be several to chose from...I dunno.

RCF

SurroundBoy
30th April 2009, 07:09
Just got me a Dell XPS 435MT with Core i7 920 processor, Vista 64 Home Premium. First off, when I try to do Level 3.0 ipod encoding, the "initializing" stage lasts a good 3 minutes. Then when it comes time to encode, I get only audio and no video, what's my issue here?

glowball
30th April 2009, 13:21
Using the latest version of Ripbot it is reporting the video length as different from the audio by quite a bit, ie. my current job has video 1:43 and audio 1:48 but the preview shows lip-synch to be OK so I will proceed with the encode.

Is there any help or a guide anywhere that explains what to do when an encode goes wrong and lip-synch becomes a problem?
I had a HD-DVD which I re-encoded to Blu-Ray which over it's length the audio was like 10 minutes out!

Great program, thanks.

TRONDROM
30th April 2009, 20:18
A wise-man wouldn't encode the entire file. He would clip a small section. Peace

:stupid:
No, it didn't work. I had to use BeLight to encode the audio to 24 fps.......thanks for the excellent advice prettyboy......it's people like you this forum that make me coming back for more great advice......

illestdomer2005
1st May 2009, 05:10
isn't a issue of gui, but avisynth directshowsource's not able to "dialogate" with ffdshow on win7

maybe better to wait for ffdshow compatibility with win7

BHH

That's merely a distinction without a difference... In any event, there are issues with ffdshow appearing for RipBot.

mackworth
1st May 2009, 13:40
so, just out of curiousity, has development just stalled, or stopped altogether??

I would also like to request some kind of status update. Not that it matters much, just wondering when we might get a new version. I would like to use a newer version of x264 and ffmpeg but noticed ripbot uses some kind of custom version of x264.

prettyboy85712
1st May 2009, 17:27
I would also like to request some kind of status update. Not that it matters much, just wondering when we might get a new version. I would like to use a newer version of x264 and ffmpeg but noticed ripbot uses some kind of custom version of x264.

You are free to update the individual applications on your own. They are not custom/special versions.

mackworth
1st May 2009, 18:59
You are free to update the individual applications on your own. They are not custom/special versions.

Are you sure, when I updated to a newer version of x264, it complained about some command line argument not being understood. From some quick google searching, it seems that this command line flag isn't in the main x264 codeline and was applied as a patch...

laserfan
1st May 2009, 20:13
Are you sure, when I updated to a newer version of x264, it complained about some command line argument not being understood. From some quick google searching, it seems that this command line flag isn't in the main x264 codeline and was applied as a patch...Indeed, different folks make different "builds" of x264 which have different patches applied (or not). I'm not sure whose builds Atak uses; I'd suggest giving the build in this post (http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1278791&postcount=1844) a try.

mackworth
1st May 2009, 21:06
Indeed, different folks make different "builds" of x264 which have different patches applied (or not). I'm not sure whose builds Atak uses; I'd suggest giving the build in this post (http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1278791&postcount=1844) a try.

Thanks, I will have to check that out.

Does anyone know what other tools I would need to update?

Right now I convert Blueray rips to mkv, stream copy the sound with high profile.

I updated ffdshow, tsmuxer, and then I will update x264.

viceversa
1st May 2009, 21:43
Is there any way to use multiple subtitles with RipBot?
For ex. i want to burn some signs to video and beside this, want to use 4, 5 different languages.
4 is .ASS, 1 is . SRT...

Is this possible?

FS
1st May 2009, 23:59
^ When you click on subtitles, simply keep clicking on (+) to add more subtitles. I have tried it for up to 3(.srt subs), so I know it definitely supports at most 3 subs.

viceversa
2nd May 2009, 00:14
^ When you click on subtitles, simply keep clicking on (+) to add more subtitles. I have tried it for up to 3(.srt subs), so I know it definitely supports at most 3 subs.

What about .ASS?

NiGHTsC
2nd May 2009, 00:49
Does anyone know if it's possible to load RMVB into Ripbot?
I've tried to creat an AVS first but it seems Ripbot can't read it properly, 1 hour RMVB video turn into 10secs only.

Thank you.

ibabob
2nd May 2009, 15:14
I encoded a blu-ray that had a vc-1 video track to avc with ripbot264 using the PS3 profile. The file plays fine either streaming with MediaTomb or directly from the PS3's hard drive, but I can't seek the file ! (fast forward, Go To, using the scenes menu with square...)

The only thing I changed in the settings of RipBot264 is the Profile from 4.0 to 4.1 because I wanted to use bitrates higher than 25 mbps. I outputted the file to MKV container than converted with GOTSent.

Anybody knows if I should change something in RipBot264 to be able to seek the file ? The quality is great, the audio is in sink, I juste want to be able to seek :( Would outputting to Blu-ray disk change anything ?

nwg
2nd May 2009, 22:06
Anybody knows if I should change something in RipBot264 to be able to seek the file ? The quality is great, the audio is in sink, I juste want to be able to seek :( Would outputting to Blu-ray disk change anything ?

It is a bug that has affected every version of ripbot. It is the way the video is encoded. I used BD Rebuilder instead and FF/RW and chapters works.

brenboy
3rd May 2009, 07:42
Has anyone seen an issue where Ripbot hardcodes subtitles into the picture even though under Properties -> Subtitles the setting is 'Do not use subtitles'??

This seemed to happen after I had to remove Media Player Classic from my system because it kept generating Windows Exception Breakpoint errors when I ran it or started to reencode a file with Ripbot.

Details of the file I was reencoding to High@L4.1 with 4 reference frames:

General

Complete name: /home/Planet.Earth.01.From.Pole.to.Pole.2006.mkv

Format : Matroska
File size : 4.37 GiB
Duration : 53mn 20s
Overall bit rate : 11.7 Mbps

Encoded date : UTC 2007-05-12 15:33:30
Writing application : mkvmerge v2.0.2 ('You're My Flame') built on Feb 21 2007 23:40:55

Writing library : libebml v0.7.7 + libmatroska v0.8.1
Cover : Yes / Yes

Video

ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L5.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 16 frames
Muxing mode : Container profile=Unknown@5.1
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 53mn 17s
Bit rate : 11.1 Mbps
Nominal bit rate : 11.3 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Resolution : 24 bits
Colorimetry : 4:2:0
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.222
Stream size : 4.11 GiB (94%)

Writing library : x264 core 55 svn-655
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=16 / deblock=1:-2:-1 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=7 / brdo=1 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=2 / nr=0 / decimate=0 / mbaff=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=1 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / wpredb=1 / bime=1 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40(pre) / rc=2pass / bitrate=11305 / ratetol=1.5 / rceq='blurCplx^(1-qComp)' / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30

Audio

ID : 2
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Codec ID : A_AC3
Duration : 53mn 20s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 448 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Surround: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Stream size : 171 MiB (4%)
Title : English (AC3)
Language : English

Text

ID : 3
Format : ASS
Codec ID : S_TEXT/ASS
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Sub Station Alpha
Language : English

Hobbit112
3rd May 2009, 18:23
First off, many thanks Atak for this great gui!

I know this was asked before but I never found an answer:

Is there anyway to select and include multiple audio tracks within RipBot264? I would love to be able to include the 2 channel stereo audio in situations where no ability to decode the multi-channel DTS track is available.

ibabob
4th May 2009, 00:47
It is a bug that has affected every version of ripbot. It is the way the video is encoded. I used BD Rebuilder instead and FF/RW and chapters works.

Thanks for the suggestion, I had never heard of BD Rebuilder !

brenboy
4th May 2009, 01:41
The hardcoded subtitle issue was caused by ffdshow having the Subtitles checkbox was enabled. Unticked it and subtitles are no longer hardcoded into the video stream.

wolfbane5
4th May 2009, 08:10
So I've been using RipBot264 for a fairly long time now (currently using 1.13.3) and have never really had any issues until now. I was trying to create 720p rips of the firefly bluray i have. I ripped the vid/aud using eac3to + tsmuxer like I always do. However when I encoded one of the episodes, I found that the audio kept going further and further out of sync as the episode progressed. I thought something weird happened with that particular episode so I did another episode and the same thing happened again. Someone know how I can fix this?

Alfeuss
4th May 2009, 13:31
Check your FPS. The audio might be playing at a diff frame rate than the video. I have had this happen b4. It may or maynot be the same as your prob. I fixed by remuxing with the correct fps settings. No reencode needed. Hope this helps.

Balthazar2k4
4th May 2009, 14:30
No...nothing special except I did the "upgrade" from Vista 64 to W7 64 bit build 7100. I was VERY careful to keep my 64 bit Vista clean (without extra codecs). Beyond that I simply don't know unless some other program or driver is causing the issue. I have a rather old Radeon X1800 video card. Perhaps I have a slightly different version of ffdshow as there seems to be several to chose from...I dunno.

RCF

Well, based on a hunch I tried something new to solve my VC-1 problem and it actually worked. It seems that RipBot is struggling with the m2ts to mkv video demux. So I demuxed the m2ts with tsremux and then used mkvmerge to create my own mkv. Open RipBot and voila.... it worked. I am encoding this morning. I wish I could figure out why RipBot is unable to properly handle this on Win7 as the new "method" does add some steps (read: time) to the process. Anyways, thanks to everyone who gave assistance and I hope the above helps anyone experiencing the same problem....

nwg
4th May 2009, 15:18
Thanks for the suggestion, I had never heard of BD Rebuilder !

The problem doesn't affect all players. I have a Samsung BD player and FF/RW and skipping works fine. The same disc in my Sony BD player doesn't.

Balthazar2k4
4th May 2009, 16:00
Well, based on a hunch I tried something new to solve my VC-1 problem and it actually worked. It seems that RipBot is struggling with the m2ts to mkv video demux. So I demuxed the m2ts with tsremux and then used mkvmerge to create my own mkv. Open RipBot and voila.... it worked. I am encoding this morning. I wish I could figure out why RipBot is unable to properly handle this on Win7 as the new "method" does add some steps (read: time) to the process. Anyways, thanks to everyone who gave assistance and I hope the above helps anyone experiencing the same problem....

It appears I may have broken out the champagne too soon. X264 or avs2yuv keeps crashing at the same spot on the 2nd pass... hmmm.....

wolfbane5
4th May 2009, 20:06
Check your FPS. The audio might be playing at a diff frame rate than the video. I have had this happen b4. It may or maynot be the same as your prob. I fixed by remuxing with the correct fps settings. No reencode needed. Hope this helps.

I checked out the .ts (bluray rip of video) in mediainfo, tsmuxer and ripbot and each said 23.976, 23.976 and 24 respectively. How do i check the fps on the dts audio track?

viceversa
5th May 2009, 08:44
Is there any way to use multiple subtitles with RipBot?
For ex. i want to burn some signs to video and beside this, want to use 4, 5 different languages.
4 is .ASS, 1 is . SRT...

Is this possible?

So its not possible i presume?

prettyboy85712
5th May 2009, 13:40
So its not possible i presume?

Yes, to multiple subtitle tracks. No, to multiple audio tracks.

Balthazar2k4
5th May 2009, 15:08
It appears I may have broken out the champagne too soon. X264 or avs2yuv keeps crashing at the same spot on the 2nd pass... hmmm.....

Must have been a bad source file. Tried several others with no problem. I guess my problem is solved. Now I can use Win7 full time!

grondinm
5th May 2009, 23:13
hey guys back again with another issue. i can't seem to get the files i convert with ripbot to play on my psp. it has the latest firmware installed and i did choose the sd,psp profile. but it will not play them. what i did was i took the blu-ray and converted it to a mp4 using the HD profile. then converted that mp4 using the SD profile. could this be the problem? what can i try.

i think i fixed it will update after it's done encoding this time

wolfbane5
6th May 2009, 00:38
I was looking through the High 4.0 Profile settings and I was wondering what AVCHD Compatibility (--aud --nal-hrd in x264) does, as well as, --filter 0,0? I've been trying to find the x264 command list, but have been unsuccessful thus far.

Blackwalker
6th May 2009, 06:29
hi!
used ripbot and never had a problem!
Today i used it with "Daredevil" movie, but i'm not able to make it work...i select the ".m2ts" file, wait the process until 100%,
and before i can set any option to start the encoding, i got this error:
http://utenti.lycos.it/BlackWalker/Image1.jpg

here is the log: http://utenti.lycos.it/BlackWalker/log.rar

video - log.txt:
eac3to v3.12
command line: "D:\DOWNLOAD Conversione BLU Ray\Guida1 per rip e conversione BLU Ray\RipBot264 v1.13.3\Tools\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "D:\A FILM BLU-RAY - TS Files\DaredevilOk\00000.m2ts" 1: "D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv" -seekToIFrames 2: "D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.dts" -core 3: "D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\subtitle.1.sup" -progressnumbers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M2TS, 1 video track, 1 audio track, 3 subtitle tracks, 2:13:08, 24p /1.001
1: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
2: DTS, Italian, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 768kbps, 48khz
3: Subtitle (PGS), Italian
4: Subtitle (PGS), Italian
5: Subtitle (PGS), Italian
[a02] Extracting audio track number 2...
[v01] Extracting video track number 1...
[v01] Muxing video to Matroska...
[s03] Extracting subtitle track number 3...
[a02] Creating file "D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.dts"...
[s03] Creating file "D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\subtitle.1.sup"...
Added fps value to MKV header.
Video track 1 contains 191526 frames.
Subtitle track 3 contains 1049 normal and 9 forced captions.
eac3to processing took 20 minutes, 52 seconds.
Done.

Blu-Ray_title_info.txt:
eac3to v3.12
command line: "D:\DOWNLOAD Conversione BLU Ray\Guida1 per rip e conversione BLU Ray\RipBot264 v1.13.3\Tools\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "D:\A FILM BLU-RAY - TS Files\DaredevilOk\00000.m2ts"
M2TS, 1 video track, 1 audio track, 3 subtitle tracks, 2:13:08, 24p /1.001
1: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
2: DTS, Italian, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 768kbps, 48khz
3: Subtitle (PGS), Italian
4: Subtitle (PGS), Italian
5: Subtitle (PGS), Italian

mkvinfo.txt:
File 'D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv': container: Matroska
Track ID 1: video (V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC)

getinfo.avs:

video=DirectShowSource("D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv",audio=false).ConvertToYV12()
LoadPlugin("D:\DOWNLOAD Conversione BLU Ray\Guida1 per rip e conversione BLU Ray\RipBot264 v1.13.3\tools\AviSynth plugins\NicAudio\NicAudio.dll")
audio=NicDTSSource("D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.dts")
AudioDub(video,audio)
WriteFile("D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framecount")
WriteFile("D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framerate")
WriteFile("D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioRate")
WriteFile("D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioChannels")
WriteFile("D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioLength")
WriteFile("D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Width")
WriteFile("D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Height ")
Trim(0,-1)

job1.avs:

#MT

#VideoSource

video=DirectShowSource("D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv",audio=false).ConvertToYV12()

#Deinterlace
#Decimate
#Crop
#Resize
#Colors
#Denoise
#Subtitles
#AudioSource
#DownMix
#Delay
#Tempo
#Normalize
#AudioDub
#Triming
#AVSameLength
#ColorSpace

I have installed:

RipBot 264 v1.13.3
AviSynth_208.exe
Haali media splitter (MatroskaSplitter.exe) last version
ffdshow_rev2936_20090503_xxl.exe (tryed also with the last ffdshow MT version

the strange thing is that, after i close the error window, mplayer loop without showing something.... But if i open the ".mkv" file i can see it perfectly!
And if i open the ".m2ts" file with mediaplayer classic i see the video and audio perfectly....!!!

somene can help me? plz! :(
thx! :)

Updated:

if i dont use the default "subtitle" (no subtitles), it work...!?!?!?!?!
any suggestion?
thx!

viceversa
6th May 2009, 08:03
Yes, to multiple subtitle tracks. No, to multiple audio tracks.

Then can someone teach me how to add multiple ".ASS" subtitles to a video with RipBot please?

wolfbane5
6th May 2009, 16:04
I was looking at the settings of the profile I created --bitrate x --sar 1:1 --level 4.1 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 5 --mixed-refs --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --weightb --direct auto --subme 7 --trellis 1 --partitions all --8x8dct --me umh --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim
and I was curious whether ripbot264 uses the exact profile for pass 1 and 2. I looked at a logfile and noticed that it sort of did and didn't.

pass1: --pass 1 --bitrate 5583 --sar 1:1 --level 4.1 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 5 --mixed-refs --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --weightb --direct auto --subme 7 --trellis 1 --partitions all --8x8dct --me umh --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --partitions none --subme 3 --me dia
I noticed here that i already have --me umh --partitions all -subme7 and that --partitions none --subme 3 --me dia have been tacked on the end of pass 1. I'm assuming that the 3 tacked on the end overwrite the equivalent 3 previously and speed up pass1? Could someone clarify this for me?

pass2: exactly what the profile I created was.

Blackwalker
6th May 2009, 16:46
someone have a idea why with subtitles dont work and without subtitles yes?
(read my previous post)

darthk
6th May 2009, 16:55
is it somehow possible to integrate the newest x264 codecs?

so far, so good. a great program.

thanks

Ajax_Undone
6th May 2009, 17:21
hi!
used ripbot and never had a problem!
Today i used it with "Daredevil" movie, but i'm not able to make it work...i select the ".m2ts" file, wait the process until 100%,
and before i can set any option to start the encoding, i got this error:

here is the log: http://utenti.lycos.it/BlackWalker/log.rar

video - log.txt:

Blu-Ray_title_info.txt:

mkvinfo.txt:

getinfo.avs:

job1.avs:

I have installed:

RipBot 264 v1.13.3
AviSynth_208.exe
Haali media splitter (MatroskaSplitter.exe) last version
ffdshow_rev2936_20090503_xxl.exe (tryed also with the last ffdshow MT version

the strange thing is that, after i close the error window, mplayer loop without showing something.... But if i open the ".mkv" file i can see it perfectly!
And if i open the ".m2ts" file with mediaplayer classic i see the video and audio perfectly....!!!

somene can help me? plz! :(

Updated:

if i dont use the default "subtitle" (no subtitles), it work...!?!?!?!?!
any suggestion?
thx!

Why are you using avisynth Version that old....
[AviSynth 2.0.8 March 12, 2003]

This could and probably does explain your issues. Use this version of Avisynth v2.5.8 (http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=57023&filename=Avisynth_258.exe&a=30951898)

Ajax_Undone
6th May 2009, 17:23
First off, many thanks Atak for this great gui!

I know this was asked before but I never found an answer:

Is there anyway to select and include multiple audio tracks within RipBot264? I would love to be able to include the 2 channel stereo audio in situations where no ability to decode the multi-channel DTS track is available.

No if you want to include multiple audio tracks you need to learn how to use mkvtoolnix.

Ajax_Undone
6th May 2009, 17:26
I was looking through the High 4.0 Profile settings and I was wondering what AVCHD Compatibility (--aud --nal-hrd in x264) does, as well as, --filter 0,0? I've been trying to find the x264 command list, but have been unsuccessful thus far.

http://mewiki.project357.com/wiki/X264_Settings

Ajax_Undone
6th May 2009, 17:32
is it somehow possible to integrate the newest x264 codecs?

so far, so good. a great program.

thanks

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=89979

Use the patched builds at the top of the page...

Open ripbot264/tools/x264 and over right both files with the newer files. x64 to the x64 and x86 with x86...

~DarC

darthk
6th May 2009, 17:49
ah, i tried the non-patched ones from the x264 homepage and what happened? ripbot264 -> stuck...after six hours of encoding.
that really made me happy.

anyway, thanks.

laserfan
6th May 2009, 18:12
I noticed here that i already have --me umh --partitions all -subme7 and that --partitions none --subme 3 --me dia have been tacked on the end of pass 1. I'm assuming that the 3 tacked on the end overwrite the equivalent 3 previously and speed up pass1?Yes. Atak himself said he was "lazy" and just added the options, which indeed overwrite the earlier instances i.e. the last option given is the one x264 uses.

wolfbane5
6th May 2009, 19:04
http://mewiki.project357.com/wiki/X264_Settings

I found this earlier today and it explained the filter 0,0 and aud. However, I'm still unclear exactly what AVCHD Compatibility is and why its checked off in the High 4.0 Default Profile. I tried googling it, but I couldn't find any decent explanations of it. :confused:

Yes. Atak himself said he was "lazy" and just added the options, which indeed overwrite the earlier instances i.e. the last option given is the one x264 uses.

Great, thanks for the clarification. :cool:

duramaximus
6th May 2009, 19:45
I have been using RipBot for a while now and love it. I have been converting all my blurays to BD9 keeping 1 audio track and 1 subtitle track. I have been using txMuxer to mux the original Bluray subtitle to the x264 file.

My next project is to start making MKV files to test in Windows 7. I would like to keep the main movie, 1 audio file and 1 subtitle file.

I noticed that Ripbot makes a subtitle file in the temp directory after the job is complete. How do I add that subtitle file to my MKV?

Thanks,

Duramaximus

Ajax_Undone
7th May 2009, 01:04
I found this earlier today and it explained the filter 0,0 and aud. However, I'm still unclear exactly what AVCHD Compatibility is and why its checked off in the High 4.0 Default Profile. I tried googling it, but I couldn't find any decent explanations of it. :confused:

Great, thanks for the clarification. :cool:

AVC Stands for Advanced Video Codec. So I think that the HD at the end stands for High Def. If so then it is for HD devices to be able to read the AVC Stream. Hope that helps.
:rolleyes:

~DarC

Blackwalker
7th May 2009, 06:40
Why are you using avisynth Version that old....
[AviSynth 2.0.8 March 12, 2003]

This could and probably does explain your issues. Use this version of Avisynth v2.5.8 (http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=57023&filename=Avisynth_258.exe&a=30951898)

thx, i try also with the 2.5.8 version but same problem...sigh!
i really dont understand why if i use subtitles i got error...damn!!!!!!!!

darthk
7th May 2009, 15:56
hm...my prob still exists.
ripbot does not run with newer x264 codecs. even not with the patched ones.
so here is my question again:
is it somehow possible to use always the newest x264 (64bit) releases?

dbone1026
7th May 2009, 16:08
Don't mean to beat a dead horse here, but this question as been asked by several members without a response.

Has development of Ripbot come to a halt?

mackworth
7th May 2009, 16:36
hm...my prob still exists.
ripbot does not run with newer x264 codecs. even not with the patched ones.
so here is my question again:
is it somehow possible to use always the newest x264 (64bit) releases?

Thats not true. I successfully updated my x264, ffdhow, and mkvtoolnx.

I used the x264 built from here http://x264.nwgat.net/index.htm

darthk
7th May 2009, 16:52
thx for your answer. i will try it out immediately.

Blackwalker
7th May 2009, 18:19
Don't mean to beat a dead horse here, but this question as been asked by several members without a response.

same here!

Hope noRipBot its a fantastic and potential program!

Atak_Snajpera
7th May 2009, 19:28
I'm on vacations in Poland till 19th and I have no access to my sources. Also last week I had laser eye correction so I'm not allowed to sit in front of monitor for long time. Good news is that 1.14 is almost finished. I will release new version once I come back to Ireland.

jamd1
8th May 2009, 00:27
Atak - hope all's well - Ripbot has been working well lately. Just come accross an flv that won't convert. It is a fan made free movie : The Hunt for Gollum . Very good ratings and here is a link to a 1280x720 flv(288mb) : http://proxy-69.dailymotion.com/18/1280x720/on2/15302574.on2?dbd721b5d2dc3add960f6202a597a5cb13bca5c.
Using Internet download manager the stream is captured easily. When adding to Ripbot the audio demuxes ok then there is an AVS error and program aborts. I have tried many .flv movies before on ripbot with no problem. If you get time to look at this much appreciated.

glowball
8th May 2009, 00:44
Speedy recovery, looking forward to the next release. Can you give us an insight into what the changes will be, thanks.

Blackwalker
8th May 2009, 06:53
I'm on vacations in Poland till 19th and I have no access to my sources. Also last week I had laser eye correction so I'm not allowed to sit in front of monitor for long time. Good news is that 1.14 is almost finished. I will release new version once I come back to Ireland.

hi Atak, hope your vacations are good and, of course, hope that all is good now with your laser eye correction! Also my friend did it 2 moths ago and all was fine!
see you soon on this forum!

Bye :) :)

Atak_Snajpera
8th May 2009, 08:49
@Jamd1
It works on my Windows 7 7100.

@glowball
I accidentally deleted changelog from my laptop during instalation w7 7100. You will have to wait.

jhmac
8th May 2009, 14:08
Had no problem converting this movie... The Hunt For Gollum, took about 28 mins.

jamd1
8th May 2009, 23:50
Strange that mine won't work on this movie - I get :
Evaluate: System ecxeption - Access violation
getinfo.avs error line 2

getinfo.avs :

video=DirectShowSource("E:\E Downloads\The Hunt For Gollum.flv",convertfps=true,audio=false).ConvertToYV12()
LoadPlugin("E:\E Downloads\BLURAY\RipBot264v1.13.3\tools\AviSynth plugins\BassAudio\BassAudio.dll")
audio=BassAudioSource("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.mp3")
AudioDub(video,audio)
WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framecount")
WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framerate")
WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioRate")
WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioChannels")
WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioLength")
WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Width")
WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Height ")
Trim(0,-1)

Thx for any help/suiggestions.

Ramir Gonzales
9th May 2009, 01:59
Strange that mine won't work on this movie - I get :
Evaluate: System ecxeption - Access violation
getinfo.avs error line 2

getinfo.avs :

video=DirectShowSource("E:\E Downloads\The Hunt For Gollum.flv",convertfps=true,audio=false).ConvertToYV12()
LoadPlugin("E:\E Downloads\BLURAY\RipBot264v1.13.3\tools\AviSynth plugins\BassAudio\BassAudio.dll")
audio=BassAudioSource("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.mp3")
AudioDub(video,audio)
WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framecount")
WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framerate")
WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioRate")
WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioChannels")
WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioLength")
WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Width")
WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Height ")
Trim(0,-1)

Thx for any help/suiggestions.

Nasty PIRATE Alert ! :mad:

Ajax_Undone
9th May 2009, 03:15
Nasty PIRATE Alert ! :mad:

Stay on topic please.

@jamd1
We can't help you out on downloaded content. Sorry!!!

Hobbit112
9th May 2009, 03:19
No if you want to include multiple audio tracks you need to learn how to use mkvtoolnix.

Thanx for the heads up, will research.:thanks:

jamd1
9th May 2009, 03:24
Stay on topic please.

@jamd1
We can't help you out on downloaded content. Sorry!!!

This is a free source legally downloaded movie. Can't see where the problem is??

Ajax_Undone
9th May 2009, 03:32
This is a free source legally downloaded movie. Can't see where the problem is??

Do you have a link so as to verify..

jamd1
9th May 2009, 03:40
Do you have a link so as to verify..

Yes - NP - posted on last page:

http://proxy-69.dailymotion.com/18/1280x720/on2/15302574.on2?dbd721b5d2dc3add960f6202a597a5cb13bca5c

Source:
http://thehuntforgollum.s3.amazonaws.com/film.htm
http://www.dailymotion.com/gb/video/x93zji_the-hunt-for-gollum-hd-version_shortfilms

Ajax_Undone
9th May 2009, 03:59
Thanks...

Do you have the log file...

Use Code or Quote tags if it is long..

jamd1
9th May 2009, 04:08
Thanks for the reply - No log is made as ripbot just closes with the avs error. Very strange as I just tried this on an older pc with RipBot264v1.10.5 and it reads the file ok - but if I use RipBot264v1.10.5 on my current PC I still get the same error. Never had a problem with any flvs before.

Ajax_Undone
9th May 2009, 05:33
Thanks for the reply - No log is made as ripbot just closes with the avs error. Very strange as I just tried this on an older pc with RipBot264v1.10.5 and it reads the file ok - but if I use RipBot264v1.10.5 on my current PC I still get the same error. Never had a problem with any flvs before.

it might be a FFDShow problem... Open audio properties and change the settings for mp3 from its current setting to mp3lib...

jamd1
9th May 2009, 05:54
it might be a FFDShow problem... Open audio properties and change the settings for mp3 from its current setting to mp3lib...

Thx - tried all the settings for .mp3 - still the same ???
Thx again for your help.

RBJTech
9th May 2009, 07:45
Quick question on temp files if I may.

Is there any way to keep the 'video.264' temp file in the '\temp\ripbot264\jobX' folder as opposed to the '\temp\ripbot' folder ?

With multiple jobs, this file gets overwritten and I'd like to keep it for re-muxing with subs, extra audio tracks etc.

I've had a look in the main .ini file and yes I can change the path for the files, but video.264 always seem to be created outside the job areas ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

turbojet
9th May 2009, 08:46
muxing .264 with tsmuxer produces buggy output on some players like MPC-HC and TMT 2

Ga1j1n
9th May 2009, 11:50
@Atak

Does RipBot work for VC1 to h264 transcodes on your Win7 7100 RC1 build?

I'm having trouble with these on a fresh 64 bit version of Win7 RC1 although h264 re-encodes work fine, no log as it doesn't get past mediaplayer classic popping up.

I think it has something to do with the new embedded codecs not playing nice with FFDShow.

Did you do anything in particular to get VC1 to work?
(I have changed FFDshow decoder properties to both WMV9 & libavcodec with no success)

Only 32bit versions of avisynth, FFDshow & Haali installed at the moment as 64bit tried also

Any suggestions welcome...

:helpful:

Atak_Snajpera
9th May 2009, 12:19
send me vc-1 sample to www.mediafire.com (50mb)

Ga1j1n
9th May 2009, 13:28
Complete file detail from MediaInfo

Format : Matroska
File size : 14.2 GiB
Duration : 1h 13mn
Overall bit rate : 27.7 Mbps
Encoded date : UTC 2009-05-07 16:25:13
Writing application : eac3to
Writing library : Haali DirectShow Matroska Muxer 1.9.42.1

Video
Format : VC-1
Format profile : AP@L3
Codec ID : WVC1
Codec ID/Hint : Microsoft
Duration : 1h 13mn
Bit rate : 26.6 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Resolution : bit0
Colorimetry : 4:2:0
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.536

I encoded this file with Ripbot to a 2Gb h264 MP4 on WinXP SP3 just a few days before the reinstall to Win7 on the exact same rig, here's hoping it's an easy fix...

gav1577
9th May 2009, 15:47
I was just about to ask the same question. I too am having problems opening vc1 files in ripbot and megui. so i dont think the problem is down to ripbot both gui are affected.

Atak_Snajpera
9th May 2009, 15:47
I found temporary solution for vc-1 sources.

1) change permission in
(32bit) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectShow\Preferred or in
(64bit) HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\DirectShow\Preferred
(Guide: http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/04/replacing-the-default-dtvdvd-decoder-without-breaking-live-tv-playback.html )

2) delete whole \Preffered folder (Don't forget to create backup before deleting)

3) change VC-1 decoder to wmv9 (FFDShow Video Decoder Configuration)

gav1577
9th May 2009, 15:49
Thanks for the work around Atak
Edit: Tried and tested works fine :)

Ga1j1n
10th May 2009, 18:12
That works a treat, thanks Atak most appreciated.

Is this a fix you can incorporate into the next version of Ripbot or even add into the install notes?

I guess a change needs to be made at the install point of FFDshow really, are the developers aware of this potential stumbling block?

:thanks:

howzz
11th May 2009, 02:50
i have a question about ripping a blu-ray with subtitles. How do i do it?

i noticed that when i select the subtitle in the feature/chapter/audio selection menu it doesn't actually rip the subtitle into the ripbot temp folder. and i tried look for the subtitle manually by clicking on subtitle browser and going into the ripbot temp folder but it's empty.

i have a couple foreign language blu-rays that i would like to try making into mkv.

duramaximus
12th May 2009, 01:13
i have a question about ripping a blu-ray with subtitles. How do i do it?

i noticed that when i select the subtitle in the feature/chapter/audio selection menu it doesn't actually rip the subtitle into the ripbot temp folder. and i tried look for the subtitle manually by clicking on subtitle browser and going into the ripbot temp folder but it's empty.

i have a couple foreign language blu-rays that i would like to try making into mkv.

I too would like to know how people are achieving this. I know ripbot will produce a subtitle "After" it is complete. Is there a way to pick it "Before" it completes? Kind of a one click solution? I am converting many blurays to BD9 and am trying to make the process as easy as possible.

Right now, this is the process I use.

1. Demux main movie, english audio (AC3 640k) and english subtitle (tsMuxeR)
2. Convert main movie + english audio to BD9 (Ripbot264 2 pass lock size to 8000mb)
3. Mux ripbot file (main movie + english audio) and demuxed english subtitle to Blu-ray Disk (tsMuxer)

Thanks,

Duramaximus

hoju3508
12th May 2009, 04:26
Ripbot264 uses eac3to under the hood to extract the sup to the job[n] directory for you. You need to select it before starting your encode.

howzz
12th May 2009, 05:17
Ripbot264 uses eac3to under the hood to extract the sup to the job[n] directory for you. You need to select it before starting your encode.

i did select it at the screen... but nothing is loaded after it demuxes it. here's what i usually do.

1. rip the content with ANYDVD to a folder.

2. open ripbot and click on browse for file. and i select the main feature inside the BDSTREAM folder.

3. a small window pops up asking which video stream you would want.. and it gives you the times of all the video streams it detects. select the main stream, and audio stream. and at the very bottom, there is a subtitle selection drop down menu. i select english.

4. Ripbot demuxes the video and audio streams (takes a while), and then it gives you the option to save the file, or convert the audio stream to AC3 or whatever.... and at the very bottom right hand corner of the menu, there is the subtitle menu (to the right of the destination save box). i click on the subtitle... it's empty.

so what am i missing,

do i need to use TSmuxer or what? i thought Ripbot is suppose to make our lives easier by streamlining the process into one without using Tsmuxer for this and some other XYZ program for that.

Blackwalker
12th May 2009, 06:07
hi!
i'm trying now to decode some HD-DVD.
I create a blu-ray disc and all its ok, but size is larger, so i need to use RipBot.

I got and error when i import a .m2ts or .mkv file, maybe because it have a "VC-1" video codec?
If yes, how i can convert a "VC-1" codec to "H.264"??? or RipBot can handle "VC-1" codec?
thx!

Ga1j1n
12th May 2009, 06:21
i did select it at the screen... but nothing is loaded after it demuxes it. here's what i usually do.

1. rip the content with ANYDVD to a folder.

2. open ripbot and click on browse for file. and i select the main feature inside the BDSTREAM folder.

3. a small window pops up asking which video stream you would want.. and it gives you the times of all the video streams it detects. select the main stream, and audio stream. and at the very bottom, there is a subtitle selection drop down menu. i select english.

4. Ripbot demuxes the video and audio streams (takes a while), and then it gives you the option to save the file, or convert the audio stream to AC3 or whatever.... and at the very bottom right hand corner of the menu, there is the subtitle menu (to the right of the destination save box). i click on the subtitle... it's empty.

so what am i missing,

do i need to use TSmuxer or what? i thought Ripbot is suppose to make our lives easier by streamlining the process into one without using Tsmuxer for this and some other XYZ program for that.

After the ripping stage of eac3to you will find a .sup file in the relevant temp folder, you need to convert this to an SRT file with SupRip http://exar.ch/suprip/ and save it back to the same folder.

Then you will be able to select a subtite stream on the encoding panel.

:D

howzz
12th May 2009, 08:29
After the ripping stage of eac3to you will find a .sup file in the relevant temp folder, you need to convert this to an SRT file with SupRip http://exar.ch/suprip/ and save it back to the same folder.

thanks a million man... i'll give that a try tomorrow.

BZeeme
12th May 2009, 10:59

Just select the .sup file - no need to covert to srt. RipBot264 will use it (the size of the subtitles may be too large if you are changing from 1080 to 720)

Lance
12th May 2009, 13:07
Hi, installed Ripbot and the demanded ffdshow codec. Haali was installed already. If I open a M2TS Source, Media Player Classic opens... and shuts down a second later. After that, the "Video " List is empty.

If I try to start the file directly in Media Player Classic, I get a "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error"

Here is a info of the file I tried

Allgemein
ID : 1
Vollständiger Name : E:\Videoprojekte Privat\TDaT.m2ts
Format : BDAV
Format/Info : BluRay Video
Dateigröße : 28,4 GiB
Dauer : 2h 3min
Gesamte Bitrate : 32,9 Mbps
maximale Gesamtbitrate : 35,5 Mbps

Video
ID : 4113 (0x1011)
Menü-ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format-Profil : High@L4.1
Format-Einstellungen für CABAC : Ja
Format-Einstellungen für ReFrame : 3 frames
Breite : 1 920 Pixel
Höhe : 1 080 Pixel
Bildseitenverhältnis : 16/9
Bildwiederholungsrate : 23,976 FPS
Auflösung : 24 bits
Colorimetrie : 4:2:0
Scantyp : progressiv

Audio #1
ID : 4352 (0x1100)
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Format-Profil : MA
Bitraten-Modus : variabel
Kanäle : 6 Kanäle
Kanal-Positionen : Front: L C R, Surround: L R, LFE
Samplingrate : 48,0 KHz
Video Verzögerung : 2ms
Sprache : Englisch

Audio #2
ID : 4353 (0x1101)
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Bitraten-Modus : konstant
Bitrate : 768 Kbps
Kanäle : 6 Kanäle
Kanal-Positionen : Front: L C R, Surround: L R, LFE
Samplingrate : 48,0 KHz
Video Verzögerung : 2ms
Stream-Größe : 679 MiB (2%)
Sprache : Deutsch

Text #1
ID : 4608 (0x1200)
Format : PGS
Sprache : Englisch

Text #2
ID : 4609 (0x1201)
Dauer : 4s 404ms
Video Verzögerung : 2h 3min
Sprache : Französisch

Text #3
ID : 4610 (0x1202)

Text #4
ID : 4611 (0x1203)
Dauer : 65ms
Video Verzögerung : 2h 3min

Text #5
ID : 4612 (0x1204)

Text #6
ID : 4613 (0x1205)

I know, this is probably not an ripbot issue, but maybe someone can help ?

duramaximus
12th May 2009, 14:50
Just select the .sup file - no need to covert to srt. RipBot264 will use it (the size of the subtitles may be too large if you are changing from 1080 to 720)

I cannot select the .sup file. It wont let me. I see its there but when I click on the lower right subtitle button and then try to add it its blank.

hoju3508
12th May 2009, 15:15

so what am i missing,

You probably got a window like this when you clicked on the subtitle button. Look for the "+" in the upper left hand corner to add subtitle. There's also a "-" to remove a subtitle.

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr98/hoju3508/sup/sub.jpg

Click on the '+" and you'll get this window.

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr98/hoju3508/sup/sub1-1.jpg

Select the sup and it will take you to the last window.

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr98/hoju3508/sup/sub2.jpg

Select the correct language and hit OK.

Ripbot supports sup so that you don't have to convert to an .srt file.

-Hoju

duramaximus
12th May 2009, 15:59
You probably got a window like this when you clicked on the subtitle button. Look for the "+" in the upper left hand corner to add subtitle. There's also a "-" to remove a subtitle.

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr98/hoju3508/sup/sub.jpg

It will then open this window.

[place holder]

Select the sup and it will take you to the last window.

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr98/hoju3508/sup/sub2.jpg

Select the correct language and hit OK.

Ripbot supports sup so that you don't have to convert to an .srt file.

-Hoju

This is the same procedure I try every time. When I click on the + sign the directory is empty. It cannot find the .sup file in the temp directory. When I use windows explorer to navigate to the directory I can see it but for some reason, ripbot cannot.

hoju3508
12th May 2009, 16:06
That's odd. When you clicked on the "+" sign, are you sure that the path is the same as the one in Windows Explorer?

duramaximus
12th May 2009, 22:55
That's odd. When you clicked on the "+" sign, are you sure that the path is the same as the one in Windows Explorer?

100% sure. I know it sounds weird but that is what I have been dealing with for a while now. I only use Blurays and make BD9's and have never been able to get this to work.

My work around is using tsMuxeR along with ripbot.

I just wish I could use only ripbot. That would be my perfect world :)

Duramaximus

hoju3508
12th May 2009, 23:37
Are you running on Vista? What version of Ripbot?

Is the temp dir on your local HD or on an external HD?

duramaximus
12th May 2009, 23:55
Are you running on Vista? What version of Ripbot?

Is the temp dir on your local HD or on an external HD?

Yes, Vista Ultimate. Ripbot 1.13.3

My temp directory is on my local HD. (C:\Temp)

Thanks,

Duramaximus

duramaximus
13th May 2009, 00:10
[settings]
// TEMP=uses System temp ; AUTO = selects the biggest partition ; C , D ... uses specific partition
StoreTempFilesin=AUTO
KeepJobsQueue=0
---------------------
DefaultProfile=[HIGH 4.0] HD . BluRay . Consoles
DefaultEncodingMode=CQ
DefaultModeValue=22
---------------------
//Directory must exists!!! D:\movies\ is correct but D:\movies is incorrect!
DefaultOutputPath=C:\temp\
---------------------
// allowed values are mp4, mkv or bluray
DefaultContainer=bluray
---------------------
// in GiB (1GiB=1024 MiB) , 0 = no splitting
SplitM2TS=0
---------------------
FastFirstPassin2passMode=1
---------------------
//AnyDVD DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-Ray decryptor will be automatically activated with RipBot264
ExecuteAnyDVD=0
---------------------
x264LowPriority=0
---------------------
//RipBot264 will check if AviSynth, FFDshow and Haali Media Spliter are installed
CheckRequiredSoftware=1
---------------------
// it will use 64bit version of x264 on 64bit Windows. Up to 10% faster encoding speed.
Usex264x64=1

hoju3508
13th May 2009, 01:03
We have the same OS, Ripbot264 and .ini file.

I'm also assuming that your Ripbot264.exe is located in c:\RipBot264v1.13.3.

Have you tried running the program as an Admin? This shouldn't make a difference.

duramaximus
13th May 2009, 01:09
We have the same OS, Ripbot264 and .ini file.

I'm also assuming that your Ripbot264.exe is located in c:\RipBot264v1.13.3.

Have you tried running the program as an Admin? This shouldn't make a difference.

The program is located under program files.

I am in the process of trying it out on a different computer loaded with Windows 7 RC.

I will try to duplicate the same problem.

duramaximus
13th May 2009, 01:42

I am in the process of trying it out on a different computer loaded with Windows 7 RC.

I will try to duplicate the same problem.

OK, I used ajax's installer on a Windows 7 RC machine.

I started ripbot and loaded the m2ts file. I clicked on subtitle and then the + sign and it shows the subtitle file in the temp directory. I added it and clicked english for the language.

In the preview box it looks like a whole bunch of random letters and symbols. It looks just like this .........

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1284550#post1284550

Is this correct? I was expecting time stamps and english words.

hoju3508
13th May 2009, 02:59
This is correct since sup is binary format not text bases like srt. Glad it's working for you even though it's very strange.

If you want to verify that your sup is correct, I usually run it through "suprip" to review the text.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/SupRip

I found that with Vista when I had RipBot264 located in my c:\Programs Files; I wasn't getting the log files.

duramaximus
13th May 2009, 03:25
This is correct since sup is binary format not text bases like srt. Glad it's working for you even though it's very strange.

If you want to verify that your sup is correct, I usually run it through "suprip" to review the text.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/SupRip

I found that with Vista when I had RipBot264 located in my c:\Programs Files; I wasn't getting the log files.

OK that makes sense. I didn't even think about that. I will download suprip and try it out.

Thanks for the help :)

duramaximus
13th May 2009, 03:36
Wow, Im glad I opened suprip and the subtitle.sup file.
There was errors on almost every other line.
I think I will keep using my method, ripbot + txMuxeR to build my BD9's with subtitles.

Duramaximus

hoju3508
13th May 2009, 03:46
That's normal. The errors that you're seeing has to do with how well the tool performs OCR. The sup file is golden.

I use suprip to make sure that I grabbed the main English sub instead of say the director's comments sub.

Wow, Im glad I opened suprip and the subtitle.sup file.
There was errors on almost every other line.
I think I will keep using my method, ripbot + txMuxeR to build my BD9's with subtitles.

Duramaximus

duramaximus
13th May 2009, 03:52
The errors that you're seeing has to do with how well the tool performs OCR. The sup file is golden.

I use suprip to make sure that I grabbed the English sub instead of the English SDH sub.

OK, so I will try one of my blurays tonight and test it out.

Thanks,

Duramaximus

illestdomer2005
13th May 2009, 04:37
I've never been able to get subtitles to work, but fortunately I rarely even want them.

Blackwalker
13th May 2009, 05:30
hi!
i'm trying now to decode some HD-DVD.
I create a blu-ray disc and all its ok, but size is larger, so i need to use RipBot.

I got and error when i import a .m2ts or .mkv file, maybe because it have a "VC-1" video codec?
If yes, how i can convert a "VC-1" codec to "H.264"??? or RipBot can handle "VC-1" codec?
thx!

nobody?

illestdomer2005
13th May 2009, 07:02
nobody?

What do you have right now? The HD-DVD files? An mkv or an m2ts from a previous attempt? RipBot can handle all of those files. What are you trying to do?

Blackwalker
13th May 2009, 15:31
What do you have right now? The HD-DVD files? An mkv or an m2ts from a previous attempt? RipBot can handle all of those files. What are you trying to do?

- i ripped a HD-DVD movie on the harddisk.
- I joined the 2 EVO files and converted, with ea3co, in a mkv file.
- i repped the audio track with ea3co
- use tsmuxer to create a .m2ts file

note: the video file is "VC-1" and not a h.264

when the load process of the .m2ts file using RipBot end, i got this error:

dunno if i miss some codecs or i do something wrong.
The m2ts file created with tsmuxer play perfect on the pc...
dunno what to do! :(

nwg
13th May 2009, 16:04
I would install clown_bd instead. This is a gui that uses eac3to and tsmuxer automatically to create a full BD structure from both HD DVD and BD. Then put it through ripbot and you will also have things like chapters and subtitles working.

Mary H
13th May 2009, 17:31
This is the same procedure I try every time. When I click on the + sign the directory is empty. It cannot find the .sup file in the temp directory. When I use windows explorer to navigate to the directory I can see it but for some reason, ripbot cannot.

Possible explanation: When I go through these same steps, the default file types displayed in the Open dialog are SRT, SSA, ASS... SUP is not included! I have to type *.* in the filename box, and then I can see the SUP file! Try it and see...

Atak_Snajpera
13th May 2009, 17:39
@blackwalker
Install Windows Media Player 11

Blackwalker
13th May 2009, 17:48
@blackwalker
Install Windows Media Player 11
Thx Atak, i already have wmp11 on xp professional. i'll try to install it again and see what happen...but i doubt it'll
work, anyway i'll try it.
thx for your help!!

I would install clown_bd instead. This is a gui that uses eac3to and tsmuxer automatically to create a full BD structure from both HD DVD and BD. Then put it through ripbot and you will also have things like chapters and subtitles working.

what is "clown_bd" and where i can find it?
(so i can give it a try) thx :)

hoju3508
13th May 2009, 19:40
Quoting mrr19121970

To sum it up in one sentence: Clown_BD will enable you to extract (on the fly) the main movie and language streams of your choice, resulting in either transport streams (for Media Jukebox), an ISO image (for PowerDVD) or even a burned BD disk (for standalone players).

Here's the link: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?p=192480

duramaximus
13th May 2009, 21:32
Possible explanation: When I go through these same steps, the default file types displayed in the Open dialog are SRT, SSA, ASS... SUP is not included! I have to type *.* in the filename box, and then I can see the SUP file! Try it and see...

OK will do :)

Thanks

Blackwalker
13th May 2009, 21:48
Quoting mrr19121970

Here's the link: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?p=192480

found it and i'm testing/using it.
Just one question:

it'll convert the video form VC1 to h.264?

because, if the size is larger than 25gb i need to resize it
with RipBot and, as i reported some post before,
if the video is still VC1, dont work with RipBot!!

Mary H
13th May 2009, 23:26
as i reported some post before,

That's strange, cause I've converted all of my VC-1 movies with RipBot.

Search this thread for posts that talk about VC-1 and ffdshow.

dbone1026
14th May 2009, 01:48

Same here, done my VC1s without a prob

hoju3508
14th May 2009, 03:46
@Blackwalker,

clown_bd doesn't do any conversion.

BTW, you mentioned that you're running Win XP Pro. I also had issues getting VC-1 files to encode. I tried enabling/disabling VC-1 from ffdshow but it wouldn't work for me. I can't recall if I had WMP 11 installed on that box or not.

-Hoju

Just one question:

Blackwalker
14th May 2009, 05:22
Same here, done my VC1s without a prob

lucky you :)

@Blackwalker,

clown_bd doesn't do any conversion.

BTW, you mentioned that you're running Win XP Pro. I also had issues getting VC-1 files to encode. I tried enabling/disabling VC-1 from ffdshow but it wouldn't work for me. I can't recall if I had WMP 11 installed on that box or not.

-Hoju

why did you bold Win XP Pro? i dont think it have something to do with this problem!

i search for ffdshow and someone suggested to try the "CLSID" version (i'm using the XXL) but didnt work for him,
but i'll give a try!

updated:

no way with CLSID Version!
I set to use FFdshow to decode wm9, now i'm trying with libavcodec and see what happen...

this is the complete log of the error i got:
D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs::Avisynth video #1

Media Type 0:
--------------------------
Video: YV12 1920x1080 23.98fps

AM_MEDIA_TYPE:
majortype: MEDIATYPE_Video {73646976-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
subtype: MEDIASUBTYPE_YV12 {32315659-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
formattype: FORMAT_VideoInfo {05589F80-C356-11CE-BF01-00AA0055595A}
bFixedSizeSamples: 1
bTemporalCompression: 0
lSampleSize: 3110400
cbFormat: 88

VIDEOINFOHEADER:
rcSource: (0,0)-(0,0)
rcTarget: (0,0)-(0,0)
dwBitRate: 0
dwBitErrorRate: 0
AvgTimePerFrame: 417083

BITMAPINFOHEADER:
biSize: 40
biWidth: 1920
biHeight: 1080
biPlanes: 1
biBitCount: 12
biCompression: YV12
biSizeImage: 3110400
biXPelsPerMeter: 0
biYPelsPerMeter: 0
biYPelsPerMeter: 0
biClrUsed: 0
biClrImportant: 0

pbFormat:
0000: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 3b 5d 06 00 00 00 00 00 ........;]......
0030: 28 00 00 00 80 07 00 00 38 04 00 00 01 00 0c 00 (...€...8.......
0040: 59 56 31 32 00 76 2f 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 YV12.v/.........
0050: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

Damn...i have to make it work! :devil: :D

howzz
14th May 2009, 05:22
i have a question about converting videos into playable Iphone files.

i am sure there must be some people here that share the same frustration as me.

as i understand there's the ipod profile in the option. but even when i choose it, and with Mp4 format, and aac audio 128bit. it's still unplayble with my iphone.

the only way to get it to work is to use Videora iphone converter to do the job. and it takes a whole day. Ripbot seems a lot easier and faster. even after i try to match the settings exactly from the Videora software to Ripbot (like 480X320 res).. it still won't play.

can someone confirm this?

wolfbane5
14th May 2009, 07:35
i have a question about converting videos into playable Iphone files.

i am sure there must be some people here that share the same frustration as me.

as i understand there's the ipod profile in the option. but even when i choose it, and with Mp4 format, and aac audio 128bit. it's still unplayble with my iphone.

the only way to get it to work is to use Videora iphone converter to do the job. and it takes a whole day. Ripbot seems a lot easier and faster. even after i try to match the settings exactly from the Videora software to Ripbot (like 480X320 res).. it still won't play.

can someone confirm this?

I'm not sure what you're doing wrong, but I've used the ipod profile on several occasions with the 128kbps aac audio, did all the cropping and created an mp4 which worked just fine on the ipod. Make sure you're using Base 3.0, not 3.1 or whatnot, it doesn't work. Try and post your log & settings so we can see what you've been creating.

hoju3508
14th May 2009, 15:28
I think Win XP (Pro) is missing a codec or something that Vista isn't. Maybe someone on this forum has gotten Ripbot working on Win XP.

why did you bold Win XP Pro? i dont think it have something to do with this problem!

howzz
14th May 2009, 18:37

ok... so i tried your suggestion. it worked.. but some of the type faces of the subtitle came out in some weird shape and symbol.... i did auto OCR in suprip but is there anything i can do to fix that.

hoju3508
14th May 2009, 18:53
Auto OCR won't pick up all of the letters correctly. You'll have to manually select the correct letter.

ok... so i tried your suggestion. it worked.. but some of the type faces of the subtitle came out in some weird shape and symbol.... i did auto OCR in suprip but is there anything i can do to fix that.

howzz
14th May 2009, 22:04
I'm not sure what you're doing wrong, but I've used the ipod profile on several occasions with the 128kbps aac audio, did all the cropping and created an mp4 which worked just fine on the ipod. Make sure you're using Base 3.0, not 3.1 or whatnot, it doesn't work. Try and post your log & settings so we can see what you've been creating.

here's my video log.. i wasn't sure which log you were refering to. but let me know if you need more info.

thanks for the help man.. really appreciate it.

eac3to v3.12
command line: "D:\DVD_decrypter_work_files\Programs\RipBot264v1.13.3\Tools\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "K:\" 1) 2: "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv" -seekToIFrames 7: "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.dts" -core 10: "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\subtitle.1.sup" 1: "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt" -progressnumbers
M2TS, 1 video track, 7 audio tracks, 3 subtitle tracks, 1:59:54, 24p /1.001
1: Chapters, 17 chapters
2: VC-1, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3: RAW/PCM, English, 5.1 channels, 16 bits, 48khz
4: DTS Hi-Res, English, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 3018kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -4dB
(core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 1509kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -4dB)
5: AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 448kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
6: RAW/PCM, Korean, 5.1 channels, 16 bits, 48khz
7: DTS Hi-Res, Korean, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 3018kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -4dB
(core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 1509kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -4dB)
8: AC3, Korean, 5.1 channels, 448kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
9: AC3 Surround, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
10: Subtitle (PGS), English
11: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish
12: Subtitle (PGS), English
Creating file "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt"...
[s10] Extracting subtitle track number 10...
[a07] Extracting audio track number 7...
[a07] Extracting DTS core...
[a07] Removing DTS dialog normalization...
[v02] Extracting video track number 2...
[v02] Muxing video to Matroska...
[a07] Creating file "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.dts"...
[s10] Creating file "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\subtitle.1.sup"...
Added fps value to MKV header.
Video track 2 contains 172488 frames.
Subtitle track 10 contains 1016 captions.
eac3to processing took 17 minutes, 45 seconds.
Done.

Blackwalker
14th May 2009, 22:11
Someone told me that RipBot work ok for VC-1 video file using K-Lite codec.

so, here is another question....

WHY, if i install k-lite codec (that have also ffdshow), when i set VC-1 enabled when RipBot start it
disabled this setting???

I see that also using the ffdshow, when i set VC-1 enabled when RipBot start it
disabled this setting???

why???????????

nwg
14th May 2009, 22:41
Just one question:

No conversion but it will create a movie only structure quickly ready for ripbot.

VC-1 one works fine with ripbot. Try reinstalling hali splitter and ffdshow.

Sharktooth
14th May 2009, 22:52
@Blackwalker: coz windows already has VC-1 decoder (assuming you updated it thru windows update) and it should work better than the one included with libavcodec.

Blackwalker
15th May 2009, 16:31
I think i Solved!
thx to user "Mary H"!!!!

removed all programs.
installed the RipBot package installer and ffdshow xxl last version, and now all work great!
thx again to "Mary H"!

someone finally "understand" the problem and what i mean
(my english is bad...i know :) )
and helped me to correct the problem!

byez =)

elJorda
16th May 2009, 12:05
my ripbot worked always fine. but know i got this error:
http://img2.abload.de/img/123ftiy.png

i changed ffdshow video configuration VC-1 settings:
switched between wmv9, lobavcodec, disabled.

always the same error.

please help ;)

Atak_Snajpera
16th May 2009, 13:16
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1283290#post1283290

Denner
16th May 2009, 18:06
Hi, great tool, looking forward to an update as soon as Atak_Snajpera gets well after eye surgery, and have time to get it done ;)

Keaping my fingers croosed for multi audio option, so I dont have to use eac3to to rip second audio track and remux output using mkvmerge :D

Well my question is, how should I set up ffdshow ?

Right now I have it set up so that I use the Windows VC1 decoder, libmpeg2 for mpeg2 and ffmpeg-mt for H264, is this the best way ( best way to decode the different codecs ) feed the source to RipBot, if I want the best ( most correct ) decoding of my different sources ?

Hope some one can awnser me my question :confused:

Best Regards
Dennis

BazookaJo
16th May 2009, 18:42
Thank the gods for Ripbot!!! Been using it for months and had no real issues, but currently trying to rip some of my longer BD movies to Dual Layer DVD+R but the 8150 "Lock Size" option is producing files around 8350

e.g. Batman : The Dark Knight currently weighs in at 8,349,495 kb according to windows explorer.

As a result ImgBurn and Nero consider my Dual +R Traxdata DVDs too small for the job.

Is this a known issue with Ripbot or am I missing something?

Big thanks in advance.

Joe

P.S. my 4400 sized rips will only fit on DVD-R as well

darkedgex
17th May 2009, 02:10
I generally use RipBot264 for re-encoding movie trailers, but wanted to convert some DVD content recently so tried that. No dice. It finishes immediately, saying it was successful, but of course the file is much too small and looking at the batch files used appears to shed some light on the problem (though obviously not enough for me to fix it myself or I wouldn't be here, heh). When running job1_EncodeVideoPass1.cmd this is what is output:

C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1>job1_EncodeVideoPass1.cmd

C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1>"D:\RipBot264\tools\avs2yuv\pipebuf.exe" "D:\RipBot26
4\tools\avs2yuv\avs2yuv.exe" "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" -raw - : "D:\
RipBot264\tools\x264\x264_x64.exe" --crf 20 --stats "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\
job1.stats" --sar 1185:1000 --level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vb
v-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --mixed-refs --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --weig
htb --direct auto --subme 7 --trellis 1 --partitions all --8x8dct --me umh --thr
eads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --fps 23.976 --frames 14
749 --output "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" - 720x480 : 4
D:\RipBot264\tools\x264\x264_x64.exe: unknown option -- nal-hrd
C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs: 720x480, 24000/1001 fps, 14749 frames
Output error: wrote only 491401 of 518400 bytes

I tried updating the x264 binaries to the latest revisions, as well as editing the CMD file directly to use the x86 build instead of the x64 build, but that didn't seem to help.

Any advice?

Edit: Removing "--nal-hrd" from the command line seems to make it work.

Atak_Snajpera
17th May 2009, 09:10
Thank the gods for Ripbot!!! Been using it for months and had no real issues, but currently trying to rip some of my longer BD movies to Dual Layer DVD+R but the 8150 "Lock Size" option is producing files around 8350

e.g. Batman : The Dark Knight currently weighs in at 8,349,495 kb according to windows explorer.

As a result ImgBurn and Nero consider my Dual +R Traxdata DVDs too small for the job.

Is this a known issue with Ripbot or am I missing something?

Big thanks in advance.
What container did you choose? (mkv , mp4 or blu-ray)
What kind of audio did you use? (AC3 , DTS and what bitrate of audio)
Did you add subtitles?
Show me log

Well my question is, how should I set up ffdshow ?

Right now I have it set up so that I use the Windows VC1 decoder, libmpeg2 for mpeg2 and ffmpeg-mt for H264, is this the best way ( best way to decode the different codecs ) feed the source to RipBot, if I want the best ( most correct ) decoding of my different sources ?

Hope some one can awnser me my question
Next version will automatically force ffdshow as preffered directshow decoder in windows 7.

mackworth
17th May 2009, 20:22
I generally use RipBot264 for re-encoding movie trailers, but wanted to convert some DVD content recently so tried that. No dice. It finishes immediately, saying it was successful, but of course the file is much too small and looking at the batch files used appears to shed some light on the problem (though obviously not enough for me to fix it myself or I wouldn't be here, heh). When running job1_EncodeVideoPass1.cmd this is what is output:

C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1>job1_EncodeVideoPass1.cmd

C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1>"D:\RipBot264\tools\avs2yuv\pipebuf.exe" "D:\RipBot26
4\tools\avs2yuv\avs2yuv.exe" "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" -raw - : "D:\
RipBot264\tools\x264\x264_x64.exe" --crf 20 --stats "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\
job1.stats" --sar 1185:1000 --level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vb
v-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --mixed-refs --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --weig
htb --direct auto --subme 7 --trellis 1 --partitions all --8x8dct --me umh --thr
eads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --fps 23.976 --frames 14
749 --output "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" - 720x480 : 4
D:\RipBot264\tools\x264\x264_x64.exe: unknown option -- nal-hrd
C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs: 720x480, 24000/1001 fps, 14749 frames
Output error: wrote only 491401 of 518400 bytes

I tried updating the x264 binaries to the latest revisions, as well as editing the CMD file directly to use the x86 build instead of the x64 build, but that didn't seem to help.

Any advice?

Edit: Removing "--nal-hrd" from the command line seems to make it work.

When you upgraded the binaries for x264, you need to use a special patched version. If you read back a couple pages at most there are some links to the patched versions on this forum.

Ajax_Undone
17th May 2009, 20:47
http://skystrife.com/x264/x264.1148M.x86.exe 32bit binary.

http://skystrife.com/x264/x264.1148M.x64.exe 64bit binary

Enjoy

~DarC

jtheripper
18th May 2009, 01:28
Hi Atak,
I know your releasing a new version soon. I was wondering if it was going to allow to keep a HD audio without conversion for BD-R. Your program is the best and fastest and really only needs that (with newest TSMUXER) to be near perfect for most needs.

kalle2k3
18th May 2009, 10:09
Hi Atak,
I know your releasing a new version soon. I was wondering if it was going to allow to keep a HD audio without conversion for BD-R. Your program is the best and fastest and really only needs that (with newest TSMUXER) to be near perfect for most needs.

i fully agree..keep hd audio for bd25 encoding !

Blackwalker
18th May 2009, 14:25
Hi Atak,

yea! if we can use also true-hd tracks this program'll be perfect!!!

spida_singh
19th May 2009, 01:50
Hi Atak,

I would like this feature too, great as MKV now supports HD audio tracks (via mkvtoolnix), and, i will be buying a Dune prime which reads HD audio tracks within MKV containers. (if you plan on adding this option for both BD output as well as MKV output)

BlindBandit
19th May 2009, 05:49
Is this setting good for anime for PS3
--level 4.1 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 50000 --filter 3,3 --ref 3 --mixed-refs --bframes 3 --b-adapt 2 --weightb --direct auto --subme 9 --trellis 2 --partitions p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8 --8x8dct --me umh --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim

dbone1026
19th May 2009, 11:44
Aside from being able to add the HD audio others have mentioned:

- Ability to add multiple audio tracks
- Ability to mux to mkv/ts/m2ts without encoding. I currently use MakeMKV and/or Clown_BD for my Blu Ray/HD DVDs that I don't want to encode. Since Ripbot264 demuxes the file anyhow, it would be nice to use ripbot264 as a one stop shop.

Ajax_Undone
19th May 2009, 12:07
Aside from being able to add the HD audio others have mentioned:

- Ability to add multiple audio tracks
- Ability to mux to mkv/ts/m2ts without encoding. I currently use MakeMKV and/or Clown_BD for my Blu Ray/HD DVDs that I don't want to encode. Since Ripbot264 demuxes the file anyhow, it would be nice to use ripbot264 as a one stop shop.

It kind of defeats the purpose of having a simple encoding app if you start looking for features outside the basic scope of the authors original intention..:cool:

Plus as you mentioned you can use those other tools to get what you want...:p

HD Aud might be an option *Don't Know* but the multiple audio track and demux/remux ideas are things that were not addressed the last time they were mentioned because your taking and trying to get titanic luxury out of a tug boat. It wont happen.

MeGUI is the best titanic multipurpose app on these forums and tries its best to include every tool to help in all encoding circomstances. It might be a better fit you and others.

~DarC

dbone1026
19th May 2009, 12:41
It kind of defeats the purpose of having a simple encoding app if you start looking for features outside the basic scope of the authors original intention..:cool:

HD Aud might be an option *Don't Know* but the multiple audio track and demux/remux ideas are things that were not addressed the last time they were mentioned because your taking and trying to get titanic luxury out of a tug boat. It wont happen.

MeGUI is the best titanic multipurpose app on these forums and tries its best to include every tool to help in all encoding circomstances. It might be a better fit you and others.

~DarC

Well said, just a thought since Ripbot already is demuxing the file into the temp folder. I am just a big fan of Ripbot264, so it is a shame I can't use it all the time, but point taken.

Blackwalker
19th May 2009, 15:38
hi Ajax_Undone!
i recently used your "Ripbot" package hat solved some problems i had, so thx for your work
andsorry for my english hehe :)

So you suggest, for the True-HD tracks to use MeGUI?
i never try it...

buzzqw
19th May 2009, 16:13
or HDConvertToX, it support multiple audio and multiple subs..

BHH

mackworth
19th May 2009, 18:27
Would love see HD audio. Right now I am saving all my blurays and encoding so I can go back and re-do it.

jindo
20th May 2009, 13:35
I have 2 problems:

1. If I choose the Denoise option to FILM, Ripbot does not encode the movie. Moreover, I can't choose better audio quality (192kbps or 256 kbps). Why and how?

2. mkvtoolnix released version 2.8.0. I downloaded and extracted 7z file to replace all the files in folder \RipBot264v1.13.3\Tools\mkvtoolnix. Is it ok?

Atak_Snajpera
20th May 2009, 13:45
1. Install latest DirectX, 128kbps is enough
2. yes

jindo
20th May 2009, 13:52
Thank you for your quick reply. I have just installed Windows Vista Enterprise SP1 with DirectX 10. I think it is the latest version, right?

I want to rip HD music video clips so I need a bit higher audio quality. Is it possible?

Atak_Snajpera
20th May 2009, 13:54
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9226a611-62fe-4f61-aba1-914185249413&displaylang=en

jindo
20th May 2009, 14:03
You gave the link to download DirectX 9.0c. I downloaded and installed but the installation quickly finished. dxdiag shows that the DirectX version in my PC is still DirectX 10.

Ga1j1n
20th May 2009, 14:23
Hey Atak,

I've noticed a new strange bit of behaviour, the first time I go to transcode an h264 mp4 from VOB's ripbot will skip the video encoding step after it finishes the audio, mux into an mp4 and announce everything is complete.

However the next time I run the same project (and any others in the queue) it completes perfectly.
Is this common? I have never used it for VOBs before now
v1.13.3

jtheripper
20th May 2009, 18:19

~DarC

I agree that people should not expect this program to do everything. But adding the ability to keep the HD audio track really is not a luxary and even though I am not a expert programmer do not think it would be that difficult to add. AS it is megui is overkill, bdrebuilder has many bugs still. Ripbot is the best overall except for the HD audio. The alternatives are to demux the audio, reencode the video and hope you get the right size and then remux to BD. So basically all ripbot would have to add is the calculation part as it already does the rest.

cxp36
20th May 2009, 18:59
I'm trying to use v1.13.3. I have a Vista partition and an XP partition. I installed Ripbot264 on both.

On the Vista partition, RB started, indicated I had all the necessary subprograms it requires. AnyDVD HD was running. I put in a Blu-ray disc, RB analyzed, and I selected the largest .mt2 file for processing. Then nothing happened at all. It wouldn't do a thing - extraction never started.

In XP, did all of the above, and extraction was successful, but right after extraction got to 100% Media Player Classic popped up with the error message:

"DirectShowSource: Couldn't open file c:\temp\ripbot264temp\job1\video.mkv An object or name was not found (\Job1\Getinfo.avs, line 2)"

Getinfo.avs says this:
[blank line]
DirectShowSource("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv",audio=false).ConvertToYV12()
WriteFile("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framecount")
WriteFile("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framerate")
WriteFile("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioRate")
WriteFile("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioChannels")
WriteFile("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioLength")
WriteFile("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Width")
WriteFile("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Height ")
Trim(0,-1)

MKVInfo.txt says this:
Error: The source file 'C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv' could not be opened successfully, or retrieving its size by seeking to the end did not work.

Video - Log.txt says this:
eac3to v3.12
command line: "C:\Program Files\RipBot 264\Tools\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "C:\TEMP\52918285_MAD_MAX_2\" 1) 2: "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv" -seekToIFrames 3: "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.ac3" 7: "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\subtitle.1.sup" 1: "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt" -progressnumbers
M2TS, 1 video track, 4 audio tracks, 4 subtitle tracks, 1:35:30, 24p /1.001
1: Chapters, 33 chapters
2: VC-1, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3: AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
4: AC3 Surround, French, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
5: AC3, Spanish, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
6: AC3, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
7: Subtitle (PGS), English
8: Subtitle (PGS), English
9: Subtitle (PGS), French
10: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish
Creating file "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt"...
[v02] Extracting video track number 2...
[s07] Extracting subtitle track number 7...
[a03] Extracting audio track number 3...
[a03] Removing AC3 dialog normalization...
[v02] Muxing video to Matroska...
[v02] Getting "Haali Matroska Muxer" instance failed. <ERROR>
Aborted at file position 1048576. <ERROR>

The same thing happened with multiple discs, both when ripping directly from the disc, and also after ripping the disc to my hard drive with AnyDVD HD and pointing RB at that directory.

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

hbcsavage
21st May 2009, 04:45
I have a bit of a noob question i have TS MPEG2 file that is 1920 x 1080i, 29.970 fps, 14 Mbps.When i encoded to avchd using ripbot,playback picture was moving too fast and audio was way out of sync.Can anyone tell me the correct settings for this type of file?Also i had a 720p mkv file that was 10gb but when i encoded it to avchd after ticking the 8150 tab output size was 12.2gb can anyone help with this also.Any info would be great.

Blackwalker
21st May 2009, 10:51
or HDConvertToX, it support multiple audio and multiple subs..

BHHso you suggest this program for hd tracks????

prettyboy85712
21st May 2009, 15:08
I have a bit of a noob question i have TS MPEG2 file that is 1920 x 1080i, 29.970 fps, 14 Mbps.When i encoded to avchd using ripbot,playback picture was moving too fast and audio was way out of sync.Can anyone tell me the correct settings for this type of file?Also i had a 720p mkv file that was 10gb but when i encoded it to avchd after ticking the 8150 tab output size was 12.2gb can anyone help with this also.Any info would be great.

What were the sources of both files and you need to :script:

Hyrax
21st May 2009, 15:49
I'm trying to use v1.13.3. I have a Vista partition and an XP partition.

In XP, did all of the above, and extraction was successful, but right after extraction got to 100% Media Player Classic popped up with the error message:

"DirectShowSource: Couldn't open file c:\temp\ripbot264temp\job1\video.mkv An object or name was not found (\Job1\Getinfo.avs, line 2)"

The same thing happened with multiple discs, both when ripping directly from the disc, and also after ripping the disc to my hard drive with AnyDVD HD and pointing RB at that directory.

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

I've no idea what is happening, but can suggest a method I use that helps me. In your XP partition, run a CMD session, change the directory to your Job1 folder, and run the various CMD files RipBot creates. You'll see the actual output from all of the tools and that may give you a clue.

If my instructions are too brief, search this thread for my earlier posts and find where I describe it in more detail.

hbcsavage
21st May 2009, 16:34
What were the sources of both files and you need to :script:

HDTV for 1080i file and the 720p is ripped off of bluray disc.

Inbox7
22nd May 2009, 04:32
Ok I'm stumped. Installed a clean version of Windows 7, AnyDVD, Acronis Backup, Total Media Theater 3, MS Office, and Ripbot + supporting files. Life was good...I was able to rip a MP4 1080p copy of my new Star Trek III bluray. Looked and sounded great.

The next day, I tried the same thing again. Only this time, nothing worked. Ripbot reported "NO CHAPTERS" and "NO AUDIO" under "Select Streams." I tried TSMuxeR thinking I could do it manually but it reported "Unsupported Format."

So I though 'just restore the computer to a point before you installed everything' and start over. I ran Acronis restore and put everything back to the first time I ran Windows 7. I restarted the computer then reinstalled Ripbot + supporting files. This time though, same problem: "NO CHAPTERS" and "NO AUDIO." Tried on other Star Trek Titles and same problem. Did several google searches but couldn't pinpoint the issue.

Adding to the confusion... when I tested some other titles like "Christmas Vacation" and "Phantom of the Opera," Ripbot still worked fine.

Ugg. Really stumped on this one and not sure what/how to troubleshoot next. How could it work one time but not the next on the same title? What could be different? Is it a codec issue? Bluray security problem?

Any advice is appreciated.

System
Windows 7 64Bit
i7 920 Intel
Gigabyte EX58 MB
6 GB Ram
Dual nVidia 9800GTX graphics

Ga1j1n
22nd May 2009, 13:09
Hey Atak,

I've noticed a new strange bit of behaviour, the first time I go to transcode an h264 mp4 from VOB's ripbot will skip the video encoding step after it finishes the audio, mux into an mp4 and announce everything is complete.

However the next time I run the same project (and any others in the queue) it completes perfectly.
Is this common? I have never used it for VOBs before now
v1.13.3

Further to my earlier post I have noticed the same behaviour for Vob encodes further down the queue although here doesn't appear to be a pattern to the failure.

I've included the log file for one of the job's which has failed numerous times to complete where others do complete the second or so time around.

Odd?

Script used:

# BEGIN

import("D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job9\job9.avs")

# END

Scanning for Audio Stream...

Found Audio Stream

Channels=2, BitsPerSample=16, SampleRate=48000Hz

Writing Header...

Writing Data...

0%
Done!

* AACPlus v2 Encoder (using Winamp 5.2 enc_aacplus.dll)

* Source timestamp Mon May 15 17:24:26 2006

* Build May 15 2006, 17:24:35

* NOTE! enc_aacplus.dll must be into executable directory

* get it from Winamp 5.2 plugins directory

* tested on Winamp 5.2 Release Feb 23 2006 Full (Not Pro) version)

Input file: -

Output file: D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\audio.aac

SampleRate: 48000

ChannelCount: 2

BitsPerSample: 16

Bitrate: 131072

ChannelMode: Stereo

Encoder: AAC-LC

Encoding...
Finalizing...
Done

D:\>"C:\Program Files (x86)\RipBot264v1.13.3\tools\avs2yuv\pipebuf.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\RipBot264v1.13.3\tools\avs2yuv\avs2yuv.exe" "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job9\job9.avs" -raw - : "C:\Program Files (x86)\RipBot264v1.13.3\tools\x264\x264_x64.exe" --crf 22 --stats "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job9\job9.stats" --sar 1422:1000 --level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --mixed-refs --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --weightb --direct auto --subme 7 --trellis 1 --partitions all --8x8dct --me umh --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --fps 25 --frames 61550 --output "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" - 720x576 : 4

x264 [info]: 720x576 @ 25.00 fps

x264 [info]: using SAR=711/500

x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 Cache64

x264 [info]: profile High, level 4.0
D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job9\job9.avs: 720x576, 25 fps, 61550 frames

Output error: wrote only 614118 of 622080 bytes

encoded 6 frames, 193.55 fps, 0.00 kb/s

D:\>"C:\Program Files (x86)\RipBot264v1.13.3\tools\mp4box\mp4box.exe" -tmp "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp" -add "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" -fps 25 -add "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\audio.aac":lang=und -mpeg4 -chap "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job9\chapters.txt" -new "F:\Video\Sample.mp4"

Cannot find H264 start code

Error importing D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264: BitStream Not Compliant
-------------------------

Elapsed Time: 00h:00m:55s

dbone1026
22nd May 2009, 13:22
Can anyone think of why when encoding an SD-DVD to mkv the quality is hit or miss? As an example I had ripped dodgeball to my PC (keeping the Video_TS structure in tact). I have no problems playing this movie, PQ looks great. I tried encoding it to mkv using the same profile I use for all my otehr movies inlcuidng Blu Rays (4.0 - 2-Pass - 2GB target size) and the PQ comes out a little streaky, especially when there is movement. I have had this same problem with other SD DVD rips, but not all of them. I attached a screenshot, you can see the "streaking" in the "OSQ" title. There are no other problems, but this makes the mkv unwatchable.

I have never had this problem with Blu Ray or HD DVD movies.

prettyboy85712
22nd May 2009, 17:38
Change to Top Field First under de-interlace.

Nkotok
22nd May 2009, 21:51
Hi guys. I am making a switch from BD Rebuilder to try Ripbot for blu-ray movie only. I am interested in keeping HD audio though. I hope RibBot will include this option soon.

As for other aplications that come with Ripbot but outdated - TSmuxer and eac3to: can I manually replace the ones with newer version and will Ripbot work? If yes, do I need to replace the whole folders of Tsmuer and eac3to in Ripbot's tools or just the main .exe files? Thanks in advance and sorry if it has been discussed before.

prettyboy85712
23rd May 2009, 05:10
Yes to replacing the individual apps and no to replacing just the executables.

Inbox7
24th May 2009, 22:58
After a lot of trial and error, I discovered that the "No Chapters" "No Audio" issue was a result of the wrong registration for AnyDVD. Somehow I had registered the regular version and not the HD version so other programs were not able to correctly read the streams. In case others have this issue, you may want to double check.

JohnnyB.Good
25th May 2009, 22:58
Great tool, works wonderfully. It would be great if you can select your streams and also pick all of your options and set it off to start before demuxing, is that possible? Some movies take upwards to 40 minutes to demux so right now you have to wait until its done before you can click start and leave it off overnight, unless the option is there and I just don't know about it...

jhmac
25th May 2009, 23:33
Is there any way to boost audio vol in the psp format?

Atak_Snajpera
26th May 2009, 00:04
Normalize = 200%

jhmac
26th May 2009, 02:09
Thanks worked great...

mackworth
26th May 2009, 12:16

Any news on 1.14, perhaps that changelog of whats coming? :) :)

Nkotok
26th May 2009, 15:38
I see the new log for 1.14 No option for keeping hd audio, right?

buzzqw
26th May 2009, 16:09
great idea about visual crop! :) very nice

just a question: why using w64 ? because bepipe/nicaudio cannot handle hd audio stream ?

BHH

Atak_Snajpera
26th May 2009, 16:34
just a question: why using w64 ? because bepipe/nicaudio cannot handle hd audio stream ?
1) Lossless audio has variable bit-rate. My calculation formula for AVCHD works only with constant bit-rate. Uncompressed audio (wave64) provides always constant bitrate.
2) I don't want to use DirectShowSource (ffdshow) method for decoding audio because it can only complicate things. For example I would have to disable 'Mixer' in FFdshow and probably other filters.

I see the new log for 1.14 No option for keeping hd audio, right?
PCM, TrueHD and EAC3 will be always converted to uncompressed wave64 format (.w64). If you do BD50 -> BD25 backups you can import back .w64 into AVCHD structure. Quality will be exactly the same. Also keep in mind that AVCHD officially supports only AC3,DTS and PCM (wave64 for example).

Nkotok
26th May 2009, 16:51
PCM, TrueHD and EAC3 will be always converted to uncompressed wave64 format (.w64). If you do BD50 -> BD25 backups you can import back .w64 into AVCHD structure. Quality will be exactly the same. Also keep in mind that AVCHD officially supports only AC3,DTS and PCM (wave64 for example).

I still am trying to understand why there is no option to just leave hd audio untouched? Is it your personal choice not to include it?
My guess is it does not require much. TS muxer does that.
The audio is stripped off the video at the beginning and then after video reencode is done is muxed back together. So why can it not be unconverted hd audio?

nwg
26th May 2009, 16:53
Thanks for the new version.

However, burning to a BD is not really AVCHD so all BD audio formats should work with it. The player will recognise it as a BD not as a AVCHD.

mackworth
26th May 2009, 16:55

Just to be clear, version MKVToolnix 2.7 added support for TrueHD, and 2.3 added support for DTS-HD.

If I select audio Stream copy from a blueray ripped with AnyDvD HD into a mkv file, will it copy the DTS-HD/TrueHD audio into the mkv, or will it only be a dts/AC3 file?

Atak_Snajpera
26th May 2009, 16:56
I still am trying to understand why there is no option to just leave hd audio untouched? Is it your personal choice not to include it?
My guess is it does not require much. TS muxer does that.
The audio is stripped off the video at the beginning and then after video reencode is done is muxed back together. So why can it not be unconverted hd audio?

I will repeat again.
Lossless audio (TrueHD,DTS-HD bla bla ...) has variable bit-rate. My calculation formula for AVCHD works only with constant bit-rate. Uncompressed audio (wave64) provides always constant bitrate. CONSTAT BITRATE = ACCURATE SIZE Uncompressed audio = so called HD Audio . BD-25 has enough room for video and uncompressed audio.

Just to be clear, version MKVToolnix 2.7 added support for TrueHD, and 2.3 added support for DTS-HD.
ffdshow decodes only DTS-core. Flac has better compression than TrueHD. If you really want I can add option to compress truehd/pcm to flac.

Nkotok
26th May 2009, 17:00
I will repeat again.
Lossless audio (TrueHD,DTS-HD bla bla ...) has variable bit-rate. My calculation formula for AVCHD works only with constant bit-rate. Uncompressed audio (wave64) provides always constant bitrate. CONSTAT BITRATE = ACCURATE SIZE Uncompressed audio = so called HD Audio . BD-25 has enough room for video and uncompressed audio.

I see. Thanks for explaining. So when you say:"for BD25 backups you can import back .w64 into AVCHD structure". How do I do that? I mean at what stage: after I get the final blu-ray structure from RipBot. Do I need to remux everything once again?

Atak_Snajpera
26th May 2009, 17:04
1) select any .m2ts
2) select trueHD/pcm audio from list
3) after demuxing select avchd and COPY STREAM under audio profile

DIVX2009
26th May 2009, 17:14
You add in the future full recode for blu ray whit menu, ...??

Atak_Snajpera
26th May 2009, 17:15
no.... If you want menu use multiAVCHD or if you want original menu use BD-RB

Nkotok
26th May 2009, 17:26
I will repeat again.

Let me get back to this. I am still thinking about what you said.
So you have a calculation formula for AVCHD that works with constant bit-rate. But in case with HD audio we are not interested in this formula, right? If we want to keep hd audio as is, then all we care about is video reencode. So when we start using RipBot the TSmuxer strips video and audio and then RipBot uses your formula to calculate the output size. So if you choose no audio at all, it will make video only fit 100% on a BD25, right? And that without using AVCHD formula as you chose no audio. So when you choose to keep an HD track, is it possible to make RipBot to follow the same process but just deduct the size of the HD track and adjust the video output size?
If I got it all wrong, I apologize in advance! )

EDIT: I probably got AVCHD and your formula for it all wrong as it does all together: audio and video and can not be divided.

juGGaKNot
26th May 2009, 18:25
Yep looks great all around.

Is the x264 autovaq ?

mackworth
26th May 2009, 18:44
I will repeat again.

ffdshow decodes only DTS-core. Flac has better compression than TrueHD. If you really want I can add option to compress truehd/pcm to flac.

I am just looking for a way to make as close to original copy of the blueray into a single mkv file. It looks like ffdshow does decode TrueHD, but you are right that it does dts-hd core only.

Is there another tool that you know of that I could manually demux the dts-hd audio out and add it myself?

Flac sounds interesting for TrueHD audio, but I am playing back on a popcorn hour and i am not sure it can handle that combo (mkv and flac).

Atak_Snajpera
26th May 2009, 19:17
Flac sounds interesting for TrueHD audio, but I am playing back on a popcorn hour and i am not sure it can handle that combo (mkv and flac).
http://www.popcornhour.com/onlinestore/index.php?pluginoption=catalog&task=info&item_id=10&main_id=0

Ajax_Undone
26th May 2009, 20:08
OK the installer has been updated.

hbcsavage
26th May 2009, 23:06
How do i make a working avchd from a 1080i mkv file. Playing avchd on 160gb ps3?

Ajax_Undone
26th May 2009, 23:10
How do i make a working avchd from a 1080i mkv file. Playing avchd on 160gb ps3?

Where did you get the mkv from....

turbojet
27th May 2009, 00:55
Thanks for the new version especially the closing x264.exe workaound, sup resize support and vobsub support both seem to work well. Even though I never use it I also like the zoomed crop preview, at first it looks confusing but once you try it it's easier then having the full size frame on the screen.

Out of curiosity is there any benefit to keep the directshow/preferred filter in Windows 7?
How it is currently locks out all other directshow decoders except ffdshow from directshowsource. Removing the preferred key resolves this issue.

Another thing is now that there's sup resize and vobsub support could the subtitle selected from the select streams window be added automatically to the project?
TSMuxer supports up to 32 subtitles as far as I know. Could there be multiple subtitle selection from the select streams window?
Is there any chance of fixing subtitle preview for sup and unicode srt?

Is there a chance of an option to set larger font of the check box titles or just change to a larger font?

If you program has resolution and framerate info is there a chance to ensure level compliancy of reference frames and vbv max bitrate (maybe only when AVCHD compatibility is checked)?
For example 1280x720: 4.x max is 9 reference frames, 4.0 = 25 mbps max bitrate, 4.1 = 50 mbps max bitrate
and 1920x1080: 4.x max is 4 reference frames
b-pyramid no longer affects the reference count.
Also would it make sense to have current HD, bluray, Console profile renamed to AVCHD, Console or something and have another profile named Blu-Ray that has max bitrate of 40-45 mbps to prevent undersized BD25 with the current profile?

Any chance to add --tff to x264.exe.cmd when it's encoding interlaced?
Another thing could be using an avisynth function like 'last.getparity() ? 1 : 0' to tell field order and set tff or bff accordingly, tff is much more common however.

Also is there a chance of a delete temp directory option from ini?

Nkotok
27th May 2009, 01:51
Why was blu-ray option removed and AVCHD put instead? So now if I want to make a bdmv to burn on a BD-r I need to take an extra step with TSmuxer?

rack04
27th May 2009, 02:40
Is there a way to specify the location of the temp folder? For some reason RipBot264 creates a temp folder on my C: and D: drive.

nekrosoft13
27th May 2009, 03:11
Atak_Snajpera

could you please allow an option to ignore JAVA, as far as i'm aware java is only needed for BDSup2Sub. Something that not everyone needs.

hbcsavage
27th May 2009, 03:18

Got the mkv from a trusted hd blog site.

hbcsavage
27th May 2009, 03:54

American site if that is what you mean.

BlindBandit
27th May 2009, 05:35
// it will use 64bit version of x264 on 64bit Windows. Up to 10% faster encoding speed. May not work sometimes.
Usex264x64=1

Does not work >_<

hoju3508
27th May 2009, 05:40
You can use tsmuxer or eac3to.

Is there another tool that you know of that I could manually demux the dts-hd audio out and add it myself?

Ajax_Undone
27th May 2009, 06:35
So if I want AVCHD as default I should make sure that I have bluray after the "='s" sign...

---------------------
DefaultContainer=bluray
---------------------

*Inside the INF file*

hbcsavage
27th May 2009, 07:24
Just encoded a 720p 6.6gb file to avchd with new version and set output file size to 8150 and it gave me an output file size of 8.11 gb.How do i fix this?
[JobSettings]
VideoFile=C:\Users\Savage\Documents\Downloaded.mkv
VideoCodec=h264
VideoWidth=1280
VideoHeight=540
VideoAspectRatio=1:1
VideoProfile=[HIGH 4.0] HD . BluRay . Consoles
SourceFPS=23.976
MovieFPS=23.976
FPSinGUI=23.976
SourceNumberOfFrames=190078
SourceMovieLength=7927.84451117784
CurrentMovieLength=7927.84451117784
SourceAudioLength=7927.92533333333
Frames=190078
Duration=2:12:7.845
Mode=2-Pass
kbps=6720
AudioFile=C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.dts
AudioFileSize=1495404916
AudioCodec=dts
AudioBPS=1509750
AudioProfile=x.x C O P Y S T R E A M
Frequency=48000
Channels=6
DurationAudio=2:12:7.925
AudioLength=7927.92533333333
Normalize=OFF
AudioDelay=0
AudioLang=English [eng]
Output=C:\temp\Downloaded.AVCHD
Container=ts
LockSize=1
Size=8150
Deinterlace=Do not deinterlace
Crop=Do not crop
CropTop=0
CropBottom=0
CropLeft=0
CropRight=0
Resize=HD-Ready 1280x720 [2,35:1]
ResX=1280
ResY=544
Decimate=Do not decimate
Colors=Do not change colors
hue=0
sat=1
bright=0
cont=1
subtitles=Do not use subtitles
subtitleFileSize=0
path=
Denoise=Do not denoise
AssumeFPS=Do not change

B2K24
27th May 2009, 08:15
Buy your BD movies and rip them.
Downloaded piracy is not supported here.

Discoboy
27th May 2009, 08:18
// it will use 64bit version of x264 on 64bit Windows. Up to 10% faster encoding speed. May not work sometimes.
Usex264x64=1

Does not work >_<

64bit version working for me OK with ini file set to: Usex264x64=1 in version 1.14.0. Also confirmed by the task manager showing the x264_x64 file running during encoding

turbojet
27th May 2009, 08:19
Why was blu-ray option removed and AVCHD put instead? So now if I want to make a bdmv to burn on a BD-r I need to take an extra step with TSmuxer?

TSMuxer bluray output isn't needed unless you are outputting VC-1 to play on a Panasonic BD player which you aren't. In all other situations AVCHD is a lot heavier tested and working fine. The only real issue issue I can see targeting a BD25 is undersize due to max bitrate of 25 mbps in the bluray profile.

Is there a way to specify the location of the temp folder? For some reason RipBot264 creates a temp folder on my C: and D: drive.

I have the same problem, always makes C:\Temp no matter what temp folder is set to in .ini. The only way I found to not make at least 2 temp directories is setting it to C:\ which I don't want to as it slows the OS way down. While I would appreciate if this was fixed I'd much more appreciate an option to delete meaningless temp folders on exit.

nwg
27th May 2009, 12:25
Even though AVCHD is now labelled as the output. It still has the normal BD file structure just like before instead of a AVCHD one which has less folders.

Balthazar2k4
27th May 2009, 15:31
So I just tried encoding my first flick using 1.14 by converting the PCM track off the disc to 5.1 AAC. Unfortunately, RipBot keeps telling me that the final movie size is 220mb. When I tell it to go ahead and encode it takes about 15 seconds and then tells me it is done encoding. It never even gets to starting the video. If I add just the video it calculates the final size at 3400mb, but if I add the wav file it drops to 220mb. I never had this problem with 1.13. Now, I am using Win7 x64 if that is any help, but this is real puzzler for me. I am thinking the wav64 has something to do with it, but I haven't a clue how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Blackwalker
27th May 2009, 16:00
hi Atak, i see that you realease a new version!
thx a lot!

just one question.
I have to reinstall all or i can only upgrade some files?
(if yes which ones?)
thx :)

dbone1026
27th May 2009, 18:59
Change to Top Field First under de-interlace.

I changed to TFF under de-interlaced and that cleared up the PQ issues. However, now the audio seems to be out of sync, any thoughts? I have a box set of the Chappelle Show. I ripped each episode individually to Video_TS and now am converting them to mkvs using Ripbot. This is the first time I have had an audio sync problem. thx

Atak_Snajpera
27th May 2009, 21:45
I think you forgot to activate Decimate -> restore 23.976
If delay is constant try to find correct value manually

bigggt
27th May 2009, 23:15
thanks for the new version:)

jamd1
27th May 2009, 23:55
Thx for the new version . Is there a new multithread supported FFdshow version. I was previously using ffdshow_rev2633_20090130_clsid_mt.exe - But searching through all the builds at sourceforge I can no longer find any mt builds. Thx for the help.

BlindBandit
28th May 2009, 01:13
64bit version working for me OK with ini file set to: Usex264x64=1 in version 1.14.0. Also confirmed by the task manager showing the x264_x64 file running during encoding

Did that don't work, but x264 x64 did work with 1.13.0 but it don't work in the new version.

Balthazar2k4
28th May 2009, 01:31
Did that don't work, but x264 x64 did work with 1.13.0 but it don't work in the new version.

I can confirm that the x64 version is working as well.

Balthazar2k4
28th May 2009, 01:32
So I just tried encoding my first flick using 1.14 by converting the PCM track off the disc to 5.1 AAC. Unfortunately, RipBot keeps telling me that the final movie size is 220mb. When I tell it to go ahead and encode it takes about 15 seconds and then tells me it is done encoding. It never even gets to starting the video. If I add just the video it calculates the final size at 3400mb, but if I add the wav file it drops to 220mb. I never had this problem with 1.13. Now, I am using Win7 x64 if that is any help, but this is real puzzler for me. I am thinking the wav64 has something to do with it, but I haven't a clue how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

I have discovered that the PCM track I was trying to encode was 7.1. Since I am not sure if that is the problem or not I am going to rip a disc with 5.1 PCM and see if that works properly.

* Update: Apparently it doesn't matter whether it is 5.1 or 7.1, I get the same result. I did notice that both show they are only 6+ minutes long in RipBot, but the wav file is over 4GB. I suspect the problem is that the file IS over 4GB and it is only reading the amount over 4GB (WAV format issue?). Until someone can help me, I guess it is back to 1.13 for me....

survivant001
28th May 2009, 10:35
@Atak_Snajpera

is it possible to disabled to feature that validate the movie dimension (1080p,720p) when selecting AVCHD ? I don'T relly want to burn the converted movie, I just want a .m2ts to play on the PS3 without resizing the movies. It was working in the previous version. Now I have to choose .mkv and remux it with tsmuxer.

dbone1026
28th May 2009, 12:23
I think you forgot to activate Decimate -> restore 23.976
If delay is constant try to find correct value manually

Looks like for the movies with audio delays Ripbot was automatically calculating a delay. I brought this down to zero and still get a delay (although much better). I will have to keep playing around with this.

dbone1026
28th May 2009, 12:41
Anyone know a reason why the Deinterlace/Decimate option is not always available? I was taking some of my son's cartoons that I have on DVD (Curious George) and using RipBot to encode to mkv (Profile 4.0 -> CQ -> 22) yet the Deinterlace/Decimate option is not enabled? Not sure it really matters, just curious.

amiglick
28th May 2009, 15:05
I consider to move to Windows 7 64 BIT. Does RIPBOT264 will work ?
This is my major decision factor to move or not .

Thanks

hoju3508
28th May 2009, 15:39
Renmae your current Ripbot folder to Ribot.old (in case you want to roll back) and install the new version.

hi Atak, i see that you realease a new version!
thx a lot!

just one question.
I have to reinstall all or i can only upgrade some files?
(if yes which ones?)
thx :)

Blackwalker
28th May 2009, 16:49
Renmae your current Ripbot folder to Ribot.old (in case you want to roll back) and install the new version.

only this?
i mean, the other components are the same?
thx hoju3508 :)

Balthazar2k4
28th May 2009, 17:02
I have discovered that the PCM track I was trying to encode was 7.1. Since I am not sure if that is the problem or not I am going to rip a disc with 5.1 PCM and see if that works properly.

* Update: Apparently it doesn't matter whether it is 5.1 or 7.1, I get the same result. I did notice that both show they are only 6+ minutes long in RipBot, but the wav file is over 4GB. I suspect the problem is that the file IS over 4GB and it is only reading the amount over 4GB (WAV format issue?). Until someone can help me, I guess it is back to 1.13 for me....

I have installed a sparkling new Vista x64 installation and tried several different movies with either TrueHD or PCM tracks and all of them fail to encode to 5.1 AAC under RipBot 1.14. These same movies encode without issue under 1.13. Isn't anyone else having this problem? I have tried two different machines running both Win7 and Vista with the same results....

mmmmdonut
28th May 2009, 20:37
I have installed a sparkling new Vista x64 installation and tried several different movies with either TrueHD or PCM tracks and all of them fail to encode to 5.1 AAC under RipBot 1.14. These same movies encode without issue under 1.13. Isn't anyone else having this problem? I have tried two different machines running both Win7 and Vista with the same results....

I did two encodes last night with v14 (apple tv profile, resize to 1280 and 5.1 aac). Both sources were avc and one source had dts hd-ma and the other true hd. The source with dts came out fine the one with true hd did not. Ripbot didnt report an error on screen but file size was 200MB or so. Unfortunately dont have a log to produce since I closed RB. Will try the encode again tonight so I can produce a log for Atak to look at.

Balthazar2k4
28th May 2009, 21:08
I did two encodes last night with v14 (apple tv profile, resize to 1280 and 5.1 aac). Both sources were avc and one source had dts hd-ma and the other true hd. The source with dts came out fine the one with true hd did not. Ripbot didnt report an error on screen but file size was 200MB or so. Unfortunately dont have a log to produce since I closed RB. Will try the encode again tonight so I can produce a log for Atak to look at.

I am glad(?) someone else is seeing the problem as well. RipBot does not report an error per se, but simply shows the movie final size as 200mb with the audio anywhere from 6 mins to -6 minutes. I have looked through the logs and found nothing suspicious. I almost wonder if the problem is stemming from eac3to.

hoju3508
28th May 2009, 21:31
Essentially what you're doing is making a backup of your existing Ripbot tree (including the sub directory) and installing the latest version. The latest version will have updated tools, etc.

only this?
i mean, the other components are the same?
thx hoju3508 :)

Atak_Snajpera
28th May 2009, 21:45
@Balthazar2k4
Modify script like shown and everything should be ok
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/8343/new1y.png

I consider to move to Windows 7 64 BIT. Does RIPBOT264 will work ?
This is my major decision factor to move or not .

Thanks
yes. I've tested on both x86 and x64.

I was previously using ffdshow_rev2633_20090130_clsid_mt.exe - But searching through all the builds at sourceforge I can no longer find any mt builds.
Fmpeg-mt was merged with with official builds long time ago.

is it possible to disabled to feature that validate the movie dimension (1080p,720p) when selecting AVCHD ?
AVCHD does not support cropped resolutions. Period.

Anyone know a reason why the Deinterlace/Decimate option is not always available? I was taking some of my son's cartoons that I have on DVD (Curious George) and using RipBot to encode to mkv (Profile 4.0 -> CQ -> 22) yet the Deinterlace/Decimate option is not enabled? Not sure it really matters, just curious.
Decimate is only available for NTSC sources (29.97fps or 59.94fps). In PAL (25 or 50fps) world live is simpler and we don't have to use that option.
Deinterlace is not available if source has 23.976fps. That kind of combination simply does not exists :)

Balthazar2k4
29th May 2009, 00:27
[QUOTE=Atak_Snajpera;1291037]@Balthazar2k4
Modify script like shown and everything should be ok
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/8343/new1y.png

Thanks Atak! That worked great. Any chance this will be added automatically in a future version?

asarian
29th May 2009, 03:35

Is there a 64-bit version of AVISynth then? I'm also looking into going for an i7 with 64-bit Windows 7.

Mary H
29th May 2009, 07:07
Atak, thanks for the new version! And I know it's just a cosmetic thing, but thanks also for the nice blue text on the status bar! So much easier to read now... :)

mmmmdonut
29th May 2009, 10:29
Atak, appending the ,1 at the end of the audio= string also corrected my True HD to AAC encode.

Thx

darthk
29th May 2009, 11:14
the programm runs perfectly and the result could not be better on my pioneer bdp.

...can you make the encoding process to 1080p eight to twelve times faster?

anyway, thx!

Atak_Snajpera
29th May 2009, 11:37
...can you make the encoding process to 1080p eight to twelve times faster?
Yes sure! No problemo! Peace of cake. What else you wish? 1 million bucks directly on your account?

juGGaKNot
29th May 2009, 12:24
Yes sure! No problemo! Peace of cake. What else you wish? 1 million bucks directly on your account?

15 times better, no need to send me the money, i'm k.

ON : So anything on 2 audio tracks ... ? still big nono ?

stryker412
29th May 2009, 13:57
After a few suggestions, I'm trying out Ripbot for the first time. I've ripped my BD to my HDD using AnyDVD. I've loaded up the largest m2ts file and set my preferences in ripbot. I'm having a weird issue though. The video says it is 2hrs 6mins but the audio only says it is 1min45sec. What am I doing wrong?

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/4117/capturehxo.png

29th May 2009, 14:07
Did that don't work, but x264 x64 did work with 1.13.0 but it don't work in the new version. Where are you getting the MKV and MP4 media files shown in your attachment?

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out. Struck for rule 6.

jacksback
29th May 2009, 15:37
I too am having problems with the latest release. I curently use ripbot on 2 computers and a laptop to re-encode my HD DVD collection. I upgraded the laptop and dekstop 1's ripbot and both have similar problems.

Time is out and locking the size to 8gb gives me a really large kbps. Manually choosing 8000+ kbps gives me a size of 300 meg. Please see image below.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/4783/ripbotproblem.th.jpg (http://img40.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ripbotproblem.jpg)

I have converted over 50 of my HD DVD's without any issues. Problems started when I upgraded Ripbot and ffdshow using version ffdshow-rev2844_20090330 from the website suggested by RipBot

Please help

Thanks

stryker412
29th May 2009, 16:01
I too am having problems with the latest release. I curently use ripbot on 2 computers and a laptop to re-encode my HD DVD collection. I upgraded the laptop and dekstop 1's ripbot and both have similar problems.

Time is out and locking the size to 8gb gives me a really large kbps. Manually choosing 8000+ kbps gives me a size of 300 meg. Please see image below.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/4783/ripbotproblem.th.jpg (http://img40.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ripbotproblem.jpg)

I have converted over 50 of my HD DVD's without any issues. Problems started when I upgraded Ripbot and ffdshow using version ffdshow-rev2844_20090330 from the website suggested by RipBot

Please help

Thanks

You have the same issue I do. The time on your video is fine but look at the time on your audio (5mins 21secs). Something is definitely not right.

Balthazar2k4
29th May 2009, 16:49
You have the same issue I do. The time on your video is fine but look at the time on your audio (5mins 21secs). Something is definitely not right.

Please see this answer from Atak.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1291093#post1291093

It has solved the problem for me.