PDA

View Full Version : RipBot264 v1.18.3 - Simple and easy to use GUI -> IPOD . PSP . CONSOLES . BLURAY

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Atak_Snajpera
23rd December 2008, 21:16
Could you send me sample to www.mediafire.com. I will check if I have the same problem as you

wolfbane5
23rd December 2008, 21:31
sorry if this sounds stupid, but what would you like a sample of?

Atak_Snajpera
23rd December 2008, 21:32
sample of source (.m2ts or .evo) 50MB will be ok

wolfbane5
23rd December 2008, 22:30
ok I have my .m2ts file now (was having some trouble with tsmuxer before), how do i cut 50MB from it?

Atak_Snajpera
23rd December 2008, 22:41
http://neuron2.net/dgsplit/dgsplit10.zip

wolfbane5
23rd December 2008, 23:18
ok awesome. here's the 50MB sample: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7d119d997b9a3049d2db6fb9a8902bda

Edit: The sample I included was just the video as I had demuxed the DTS-HD MA and extracted the DTS core before. I decided to retry encoding it with the .m2ts and .dts files. I set everything up and surprisingly, it worked (it's doing pass 1 right now). The problem occurred before when I simply chose the .m2ts from the disc/bdmv/stream folder using RipBot264 and got it to demux the video/audio. Beats me why it happened, but since you're the RipBot264 creator maybe you'll have some strange desire to want to fix it or figure out why it did that... (we can all hope, I suppose) :)

nwg
23rd December 2008, 23:29
Instead of Copy stream select AC3 640 kbps

I have always thought it just used the actual audio track in the m2ts when I select copy stream. I have so far used all AC3 640k and one DTS 768k on around 15 discs. What would happen if the track is AC3 640k and I used the AC3 640k setting? I haven't had any problems with low audio but I do use a DD/DTS amp.

Atak_Snajpera
23rd December 2008, 23:47
Audio normalization is only available if you re-encode audio. if you don't have problems with volume you should always use COPY STREAM

@wolfbane
remux your 50 MB sample in tsmuxer and check if you can convert new .m2ts . it works on my pc.

nwg
23rd December 2008, 23:49
Audio normalization is only available if you re-encode audio. if you don't have problems with volume you should always use COPY STREAM

OK, good. I'll stick with copy stream then.

fourbigkids
24th December 2008, 02:38
Hi all.

I've got the latest version of ripbot264 from the first page of this thread. I've downloaded the latest version of ffdshow (ffdshow_rev2527_20081219_clsid.exe - I have also tried ffdshow_rev2527_20081219.exe), and I keep getting the attached error:

The error occurs on each time when I:

Open ripbot264,
Select 'Add',
Browse to, and select a ripped Hd-DVD .evo file,
Select 'No Subtitles' in the 'Select Streams' screen.

Ripbot264, starts analysing the streams, demuxing goes to 2%, 'Gathering information' then appears in the bottom of the active screen, then I get the error. On checking the H drive, the file does not exist.

Appreciate any help to get past this.

Regards,

Allan

Blackwalker
24th December 2008, 04:52
Instead of Copy stream select AC3 640 kbps

solved the "low audio" problem doing this:

- disinstall ffdshow
- clean registry
- restart
- install ffdshow
- used 4.1 BD profile

now video and audio are perfect! finally :D

hope this'll help someone else.

(used the last ffdshow "ffdshow_prebeta6_rev2527_20081219" and no other codec installed, like k-lite etc..)

Blackwalker
24th December 2008, 04:55
...about the True-HD problem,
i used tsmuxer with the "downcovert in AC3" in the audio track.
I know true-HD is better, but audio is good for me!

Atak_Snajpera
24th December 2008, 06:59
- used 4.1 BD profile
read first post

Ripbot264, starts analysing the streams, demuxing goes to 2%, 'Gathering information' then appears in the bottom of the active screen, then I get the error. On checking the H drive, the file does not exist.
show me video - log.txt

sat-jokar
24th December 2008, 07:03
hi Atak_Snajpera ..

i have this error when i run the program

http://i39.tinypic.com/2cicnc5.jpg

what this mean ?

wolfbane5
24th December 2008, 07:12
...about the True-HD problem,
i used tsmuxer with the "downcovert in AC3" in the audio track.
I know true-HD is better, but audio is good for me!

There isn't much support for dts-hd ma and truehd yet - at least if you're playing the file on your computer. AC3 @ 640kbps is good, but for bluray movies, I personally prefer DTS audio tracks. eac3to enables conversion from truehd to dts. You might want to check it out if you're interested.

- disinstall ffdshow

By the way, it's uninstall, not disinstall. :)

fourbigkids
24th December 2008, 07:26
show me video - log.txt

Hi atak. Thanks for taking the time to respond. Based on the following it looks like the issue relates to the Haali muxer. An alternative is offered. I'll give it a go tomorrow. Thanks again. Allan

eac3to v2.78
command line: "C:\Program Files\media players & editors\ripbot\Tools\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "D:\movies\reign of fire\FullDisc\DVD_VOLUME\" 1) 3:"H:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv" 4:"H:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.eac3.flac" 2:"H:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt" -progressnumbers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVO, 1 video track, 2 audio tracks, 2 subtitle tracks, 1:41:58
"pgm"
1: Joined EVO file
2: Chapters, 12 chapters with names
3: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9) with pulldown flags
4: E-AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 2046kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB, -17ms
5: E-AC3, Japanese, 5.1 channels, 448kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -25dB, -17ms
6: Subtitle, Japanese
7: Subtitle, Japanese
[a04] The Nero decoder doesn't seem to work, will use libav instead.
Creating file "H:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt"...
[v03] This EVO/VOB file contains authoring faults. Will try to work around that. (263)
[v03] Extracting video track number 3...
[v03] Removing h264 pulldown...
[v03] Muxing video to Matroska...
[a04] Extracting audio track number 4...
[a04] Removing E-AC3 dialog normalization...
[a04] Decoding with libav/ffmpeg...
[a04] Remapping channels...
[a04] Applying RAW/PCM delay...
[a04] Reducing depth from 64 to 24 bits...
[a04] Encoding FLAC with libFlac...
Loading white noise (needed for dithering)...
[a04] Creating file "H:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.eac3.flac"...
Unfortunately the Haali Muxer cannot handle this source file.
It doesn't contain enough seek/recovery points.
The "-seekToIFrames" option may work around that.
However, using this option may result in artifacts when seeking.
[v03] Waiting for DirectShow decoder thread to finish. Please wait...
Aborted at file position 309559296.

illestdomer2005
24th December 2008, 20:52
There isn't much support for dts-hd ma and truehd yet - at least if you're playing the file on your computer. AC3 @ 640kbps is good, but for bluray movies, I personally prefer DTS audio tracks. eac3to enables conversion from truehd to dts. You might want to check it out if you're interested.

If you're doing a 2-pass, I don't know why people keep the DTS or even 640kbps AC3. Maybe the difference it makes for the video is peanuts, but the video quality is much more important for me than the audio. In other words, I can tolerate even 128kbps AAC over a macroblocky, noisy picture.

But hey, one man's trash is another man's treasure ;)

Atak_Snajpera
24th December 2008, 21:20
If you're doing a 2-pass, I don't know why people keep the DTS or even 640kbps AC3. Maybe the difference it makes for the video is peanuts, but the video quality is much more important for me than the audio. In other words, I can tolerate even 128kbps AAC over a macroblocky, noisy picture.
I agree with you at some point. I convert everything to 640 AC3 because I can't hear difference between 2Mbps DTS-HD and AC3 640kbps. I was testing using JLB speakers + Sound Blaster Fatality + Yamaha amplituner couple samples at my friends house and everything sound exactly the same. I really don't understand why some people are so obsessed with DTS-HD @ 2 Mbps or PCM (TrueHD or any lossless format). Backup does not have to be always 1:1 .

for 5.1 AC3@640 Kbps seems optimal for me. Everything below may not sound that good as original track. 128 AAC for stereo may sound as good as mp3 @ 192 kbps.

asarian
24th December 2008, 23:30
I agree with you at some point. I convert everything to 640 AC3 because I can't hear difference between 2Mbps DTS-HD and AC3 640kbps.
Well, you said you can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p, either. :)

I, on the other hand, can hear a world of difference between 640Kbps AC3 and even 1536Kbps DTS (let alone TrueHD or DTS-MA). It's just a much fuller range, especially the HD audio. It's no comparision, really. I mean, I can listen to the AC3 track and find it quite acceptable, until I switch to the TrueHD track and am swept over by a sea of audio. I even bought a new amp for it, so I can convert the TrueHD and DTS-MA audio to LPCM, and stream em to my PS3 that way at their high bitrates.

I agree, of course, that video quality is more important than the audio. But audio is very important, too. And it's only with the advent of Blu-ray that the industry has finally acknowledged the importance of audio. And I'm the happier for it.

wolfbane5
25th December 2008, 00:15
I personally have very sharp hearing and prefer the DTS audio over AC3 especially with 720p/1080p. For example, when I compared the difference between AC3 640kbps and DTS 1.5 Mbit when watching The Dark Knight, it was a huge difference. The sound felt fuller, especially since I have a 5.1 surround sound system for my computer. For my 720p encodes, I like a balance between video and audio. The video at great quality is priority one, but it shouldn't diminish the fact that audio affects my movie watching experience. I guess each to his/her own - it's why we use video encoding programs - so we can create what we want.

Atak_Snajpera
25th December 2008, 00:23
Well, you said you can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p, either.
You've seen my examples.

Blackwalker
25th December 2008, 05:36

ops :eek: you are right...its uninstall...my english suck lol :D

ok, maybe dts or true-hd is better...but for me, as Atak say, AC3@640 Kbps seems optimal!

2 questions to Atak:

1) Which component can make the program (RipBot) faster?
a better:

-CPU?
-Hardisk?
-Memory?
-VGA?

i have a q9550 (@at 3.2Mhz), Raptor, 8800 GT 1GB, 4GB DD3 Corsair

and...

2) there is a way to have the "source file" on 1 harddisk and the temp file on another one? (i'd like also to set the output file on a different harddisk!)

thx all and merry christmas to all! :cool:

thx

Atak_Snajpera
25th December 2008, 06:35
1) CPU
2) ripbot264.ini

~bT~
25th December 2008, 10:24
Merry Xmas Atak!

You have done wonders this year! Thank you and God bless!

jtheripper
25th December 2008, 19:01
ops :eek: you are right...its uninstall...my english suck lol :D

ok, maybe dts or true-hd is better...but for me, as Atak say, AC3@640 Kbps seems optimal!

2 questions to Atak:

1) Which component can make the program (RipBot) faster?
a better:

-CPU?
-Hardisk?
-Memory?
-VGA?

i have a q9550 (@at 3.2Mhz), Raptor, 8800 GT 1GB, 4GB DD3 Corsair

and...

2) there is a way to have the "source file" on 1 harddisk and the temp file on another one? (i'd like also to set the output file on a different harddisk!)

thx all and merry christmas to all! :cool:

thx

as atak said the cpu is most important in terms of speed. I see you have a q9550. You are not going to find any CPU much faster than that. I have the same, the only thing you can try is to overclock some more. I got mine at 3.6GHz

nurbs
25th December 2008, 20:00
All of the core i7 cpus should be faster than what he has. The comparison on anandtech (http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/intel/showdoc.aspx?i=3448&p=18) shows the slowest one (core i7-920; 2.66 GHz) to be about 25% faster (2nd pass) than a QX9770 (3.2 GHz). It would still be about 10% faster if he overclocks to 3.6 GHz. Would be expensive though, requireing a new mainboard and everything.

Blackwalker
25th December 2008, 22:10
thx a lot all for the info!!!

i still have to understand something...:

- how to extract the True-HD Track, using ea3co? i mean the command line is?
- i have to extract the video track with tsremux
- after that, how i'll join audio and video?

thx again! :D

wolfbane5
26th December 2008, 06:44
If you want to extract the video into a .m2ts or .ts file, then you will need tsmuxer/tsremux. If you want to extract the video into a mkv, eac3to can do that for you. I hope madshi adds extraction to .m2ts and .ts in a later revision as that would be helpful. The eac3to wikibook is very helpful with regards to extracting from disc via eac3to. (http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Eac3to <--under How-To-Use)

Blackwalker
26th December 2008, 16:36
If you want to extract the video into a .m2ts or .ts file, then you will need tsmuxer/tsremux. If you want to extract the video into a mkv, eac3to can do that for you. I hope madshi adds extraction to .m2ts and .ts in a later revision as that would be helpful. The eac3to wikibook is very helpful with regards to extracting from disc via eac3to. (http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Eac3to <--under How-To-Use)

ho well, i know how to extract the video...

sorry maybe i write it bad!

i only need to know the command line, using eac3to, to extract the true-hd audio and then join again with the video one!

I'd write in this way:

after i have extract the video track with tsremux:

- which is the comman line, using ea3co, to extract the True-HD Track and how i'll join audio and video in one file?

ho well, i'll check your link, thx

wolfbane5
26th December 2008, 23:23
tsMuxeR can extract the video and audio into one file for you. Just load the m2ts file from the disc into tsmuxer and check what you want from that file and it will save it all into 1 file for you. Very easy and simple. :)

fourbigkids
27th December 2008, 02:31
Hi all, sorry for the newb query, but I can't work out how to select the "-seekToIFrames" option as mentioned in the extract from the log below:

[a04] Creating file "H:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.eac3.flac"...
Unfortunately the Haali Muxer cannot handle this source file.
It doesn't contain enough seek/recovery points.
The "-seekToIFrames" option may work around that.
However, using this option may result in artifacts when seeking.
[v03] Waiting for DirectShow decoder thread to finish. Please wait...
Aborted at file position 309559296.

Appreciate your advice,

Regards,

Allan

Blackwalker
27th December 2008, 04:46
tsMuxeR can extract the video and audio into one file for you. Just load the m2ts file from the disc into tsmuxer and check what you want from that file and it will save it all into 1 file for you. Very easy and simple. :)

thx wolfbane5 for your help, but i know this!
i try to make 2 movie with true-hd audio track,
and the result was bad! so someone suggest me to use ea3co
to extract the true-hd audio track, tsmuxer to extract the video track and then join them.

but i dont know how to do it!

i need to check how to do it! :D

wolfbane5
27th December 2008, 05:14
Oh I see what you're trying to do now. So extract the video track via tsmuxer into a .ts or .m2ts, etc. Navigate to eac3to in the command prompt and enter the following:

eac3to X:\ where X is the letter of your blu-ray/hddvd drive

eac3to will provide you with a list of playlists from the disc. Find under which section the truehd audio track you are looking for is ( 1), 2), etc.) and then add that to the command line you typed before. So it should look like:

eac3to X:\ #) where # is the number of the playlist

Once that command is entered it will show you something like this:

1: chapters
2: video track
3: video/audio track
etc.

Find which number corresponds to the audio track you're looking for. The command line will look like this now:

eac3to X:\ #) *: "audioTrack.thd" where *= track number; audiotrack = the directory where you're saving the truehd audio file and .thd is the file type.

Once you have both the video and audio track, load the video track into tsmuxer, hit append and load the audio track. Make sure both tracks are selected in the check box area and then you can save the file with both video and audio.

All of what I've written here is demonstrated visually near the end of the "How-To-Use" page of the eac3to wikibook located here: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Eac3to/How_to_Use.

Famille_CB
27th December 2008, 09:32
Hello,

I import a video file via avisynth with audio in 41kHz.
I choose to encode in ogg, ripbot264 don't let me the choise to resampling the audio (In fact, I don't want to resample).
When ripbot264 finish the encoding, the audio output is in 48kHz.

I can read in the "job1.avs" this:
#AudioSource
audio=DirectShowSource("D:\Encodage Premiere\2008-11-16 01.avs",video=false)
audio=ResampleAudio(audio,48000).

Can you help me to make ripbot doesn't resample my audio?

Thank's.

Atak_Snajpera
27th December 2008, 21:45
is that hard to remove this line from the script??????????
audio=ResampleAudio(audio,48000)

iwens
28th December 2008, 13:26
Let me first apologize if this is already asked before.

I noticed your tool because it mentioned tvix in the change log.

I am looking for an tool to backup my planet earth blue-ray collection to playback on my dvico tvix 4100 with max possible quality (i don't care about the file size). I selected the 4.0 profile but the resulting file was unplayable on my 4100connected to nfs, it slowed down and eventually freezes.

I suspect the max video rate or Max buffer rate, so anyone who already has experience with the dvico tvix 4100 has an clue what to edit in the profile ?

bigggt
28th December 2008, 14:05
I recently got an ipod touch and been having a problem with no sound

i select level 3.0 ipod and 2.0 ct AAC-LC 128 kpbs{abr} which works great but for some reason the last 3 i have done i get 157 kpbs,48 KHz, 5 channels, AAC LC

thanks

edit

Just tried on a second PC and same result 2.0 not working for me in 1.11.5
edit #2
This is just happening with Friends Season 10 dvd's , other files work fine

any suggestions

~bT~
28th December 2008, 15:09
^ its working fine here. post log file.

Let me first apologize if this is already asked before.

I noticed your tool because it mentioned tvix in the change log.

I am looking for an tool to backup my planet earth blue-ray collection to playback on my dvico tvix 4100 with max possible quality (i don't care about the file size). I selected the 4.0 profile but the resulting file was unplayable on my 4100connected to nfs, it slowed down and eventually freezes.

I suspect the max video rate or Max buffer rate, so anyone who already has experience with the dvico tvix 4100 has an clue what to edit in the profile ?
updated firmware?

iwens
28th December 2008, 19:06
^ its working fine here. post log file.

updated firmware?

I already upgraded to the latest firmware but no availl i already did some conversions from that title but from the hd-dvd title i also own, in the past with megui. I managed to get some perfect copies at 720p 11mbs files. The files where 4gig large for 51 min content.

But i found the program terrible complex, and cannot really remember how i did it and what i am doing wrong this time. I tried to compare the settings, but i only could find that i setted vbv-bufsize to -1. But not even shure what that does.

So i loaded the hd-dvd title in ripbot, i selected the episode plains. At 1:55 an bird hovers in the screen, followed by an highly complex slide over grass. In vlc media player the bitrate exceeds 25 mbs in that piece, but play's perfect on my pc. On the dvico the player reboot's at the exact same spot.

Even when i lower the max buffer and max bitrate to 20mb/s it still does that. The log files below are from the editted profile file.

So i think i need an setting that limit's the max bitrate to an exact value, i had hoped the settings below would do that but i still see some parts in the movie that have an higher bitrate then 20mbps

--level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 20000 --vbv-maxrate 20000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --mixed-refs --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --weightb --direct auto --subme 7 --trellis 1 --partitions all --8x8dct --me umh --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim

[JobSettings]
VideoFile=D:\DiSC 3\HVDVD_TS\PEVOB001.EVO
VideoCodec=vc1
VideoWidth=1920
VideoHeight=1080
VideoAspectRatio=16:9
VideoProfile=TVIX 4100 buf 20 max 20
SourceFPS=23,976
MovieFPS=23,976
FPSinGUI=23,976
SourceNumberOfFrames=73387
SourceMovieLength=3060,85251918585
CurrentMovieLength=3060,85251918585
SourceAudioLength=3060,864
Frames=73387
Duration=0:51:0,853
Mode=CQ
kbps=18
AudioFile=D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job2\audio.1.ac3
AudioFileSize=171408384
AudioCodec=ac3
AudioBPS=448000
AudioProfile=x.x C O P Y S T R E A M
Frequency=48000
Channels=6
DurationAudio=0:51:0,864
AudioLength=3060,864
Normalize=OFF
AudioDelay=0
Output=D:\Test 1 buff 20 max 20 24p.mkv
Container=mkv
LockSize=0
Size=541
Deinterlace=Do not deinterlace
Crop=Do not crop
CropTop=0
CropBottom=0
CropLeft=0
CropRight=0
Resize=HD-Ready 1280x720 [1,78:1]
ResX=1280
ResY=720
Decimate=Do not decimate
Colors=Do not change colors
hue=0
sat=1
bright=0
cont=1
subtitles=Do not use subtitles
subtitleFileSize=0
path=
Denoise=Do not denoise
AssumeFPS=Do not change

eac3to v2.78
command line: "C:\Program Files\RipBot264v1.11.5\Tools\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "D:\DiSC 3\HVDVD_TS\PEVOB001.EVO" 1:"D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job2\video.mkv" 2:"D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job2\audio.1.ac3" 3:"D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job2\subtitle.1.sup" -progressnumbers
EVO, 1 video track, 1 audio track, 3 subtitle tracks, 0:51:00
1: VC-1, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9) with pulldown flags
2: AC3, 5.1 channels, 448kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
3: Subtitle
4: Subtitle
5: Subtitle
[v01] Extracting video track number 1...
[v01] Removing VC-1 pulldown...
[v01] Muxing video to Matroska...
[a02] Extracting audio track number 2...
[a02] Removing AC3 dialog normalization...
[a02] Creating file "D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job2\audio.1.ac3"...
[s03] Extracting subtitle track number 3...
[s03] Creating file "D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job2\subtitle.1.sup"...
Added fps value to MKV header.
Video track 1 contains 73388 frames.
eac3to processing took 8 minutes, 32 seconds.
Done.

~bT~
28th December 2008, 19:34
^ u have used cq mode 18, that seems like the issue. try lower cq 22 or do 2 pass encodes.

iwens
28th December 2008, 20:08
^ u have used cq mode 18, that seems like the issue. try lower cq 22 or do 2 pass encodes.

Ok i have them running now with cq 22, will update with results.

From an quality stand, what is best cq 22 or 2 pass encodes , when u do not care about file size ?

iwens
28th December 2008, 20:20
All profiles use AQ ( 0.5 and 5) AQ raises bitrate in dark and blue areas to prevent blocking therefore size is bigger in CQ mode.

As the dvico crashes when an single bird is diplayed with an large blue area (sky) i suspect this could also have something to do with it.

Dark Shikari
28th December 2008, 20:27
As the dvico crashes when an single bird is diplayed with an large blue area (sky) i suspect this could also have something to do with it.AQ does not and never had any relation to color.

iwens
28th December 2008, 20:36
Ok thnx for correction i qouted this from the outhor of ripbot264 http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1080872#post1080872 So i asumed it was correct.

But many thnx for the info, guess it indeed is the cq value.

Atak_Snajpera
28th December 2008, 21:00
iwens
You should leave default CRF factor at 22. if this does not work either use 2-pass mode.

iwens
28th December 2008, 21:21
iwens
You should leave default CRF factor at 22. if this does not work either use 2-pass mode.

I am currently running an pass with crf at 22 will update if this is indeed the solution.

I also wanted to test the 2pass method, but i am prob missing something obvious but i cannot seem to select 2pass. I do see the option's when it's demuxing the files after the initial selection but after that i only see this.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~iwens/images/ripbot.gif

Atak_Snajpera
28th December 2008, 21:32
I do see the option's when it's demuxing the files after the initial selection but after that i only see this.
You didn't even bother to look for the option. The answer to your question is exactly on your screenshot :)

iwens
28th December 2008, 21:38
Ah lol found it :o thnx must have been blind :)

Atak_Snajpera
28th December 2008, 22:08
i select level 3.0 ipod and 2.0 ct AAC-LC 128 kpbs{abr} which works great but for some reason the last 3 i have done i get 157 kpbs,48 KHz, 5 channels, AAC LC
It looks like that decoder sees only 5 channels instead of 6. Can i get a sample? (.vob i assume)

bigggt
28th December 2008, 22:50
thanks Atak_Snajpera

It is a.vob and it has 5 channels

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=db479e78a9b36830d2db6fb9a8902bda

Atak_Snajpera
28th December 2008, 23:40
This episode (season) was encoded by some stupid f*****!!! Why on earth audio has only 5 channels if other seasons have proper number of channels!?!?

Ajax_Undone
29th December 2008, 05:03
LOL five haahahaha! LMAO oh ok well This is really screw'd up...

Gspot
0xbd[0x80]:48000Hz 448 kb/s tot , 5 chnls (3/2)

jamd1
29th December 2008, 06:05
I'm having trouble using ripbot on Galapagos Bluray. The .m2ts files are level 3, 1920x1080 interlaced at 29.97 framerate. Ripbot seemingly demuxes the files ok - but when it comes to gathering information the program hangs and media player tries to open with no message - There is no log produced by ripbot after closing. I don't remember trying a level 3 file before - I have tried several versions of ripbot , starting with the latest one. All give the same results. Any help appreciated.

Atak_Snajpera
29th December 2008, 06:58
go to ffdshow -> Codecs -> VC-1 -> change libavcodec to wmv9
Unfortunately libavcodec do not support interlaced vc-1

Blackwalker
29th December 2008, 07:02
Oh I see what you're trying to do now. So extract the video track via tsmuxer into a .ts or .m2ts, etc. Navigate to eac3to in the command prompt and enter the following:

eac3to X:\ where X is the letter of your blu-ray/hddvd drive

eac3to will provide you with a list of playlists from the disc. Find under which section the truehd audio track you are looking for is ( 1), 2), etc.) and then add that to the command line you typed before. So it should look like:

eac3to X:\ #) where # is the number of the playlist

Once that command is entered it will show you something like this:

1: chapters
2: video track
3: video/audio track
etc.

Find which number corresponds to the audio track you're looking for. The command line will look like this now:

eac3to X:\ #) *: "audioTrack.thd" where *= track number; audiotrack = the directory where you're saving the truehd audio file and .thd is the file type.

Once you have both the video and audio track, load the video track into tsmuxer, hit append and load the audio track. Make sure both tracks are selected in the check box area and then you can save the file with both video and audio.

All of what I've written here is demonstrated visually near the end of the "How-To-Use" page of the eac3to wikibook located here: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Eac3to/How_to_Use.

tyvm for your "clear" answer! :goodpost:
i'll try it

thx again an have a nice new year...! :D

iwens
29th December 2008, 07:16
An little update

So i tried to recode as suggested the episode plains of my hd-dvd planet earth with crf setting 22. But it also crashes my dvico at the same exact spot, the file size is half of the setting crf 18 namely 2gb for 51 min 720p. But the dvico reboots at exact the same spot.

Also the quality was dissapointing, as the crf 18 encode is far superior quality wise (if i skip the bad spot i can watch it for like 10 min befor an other freeze). So running an 2pass encode now to see how the quality will be.

But at default settings ripbot264 doesn't produce an playable file for the dvico tvix4100 which is rather strange becouse it's rather good at it and i never had such trouble's befor.

Also i do have 5 episode's at 4 gig size for 51 min which i encoded with megui some 6 months ago which do play flawless on my dvico.

Will update when the 2pass encode's finish.

jamd1
29th December 2008, 08:01
go to ffdshow -> Codecs -> VC-1 -> change libavcodec to wmv9
Unfortunately libavcodec do not support interlaced vc-1

Great Thx for that - works great now.

Adub
29th December 2008, 08:12
@iwens,

This probably has to do with the the fact that it is a hardware player, and the problem with crf is that it can go over the VBV buffer or the maximum VBV bitrate, which is probably causing your problems. If you encode with a two pass encode and make sure that your buffer and vbv maximum bitrate are in spec, then you should have no problems.

The safe rule of thumb when encoding for standalones is to use 2 pass with the proper buffer and vbv maximum bitrate specified.

bigggt
29th December 2008, 12:25
This episode (season) was encoded by some stupid f*****!!! Why on earth audio has only 5 channels if other seasons have proper number of channels!?!?

Well that sucks, my son bought these dvd's mostly to put on his ipod

does anyone know if the rest of the friends Seasons are ok.

god_md5
29th December 2008, 16:31
Atak_Snajpera can you add more aac bitrate ?
i make the youtube 720p is not work for 128kbps, only over 256kbps is work..
http://dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=154352

wolfbane5
29th December 2008, 16:39
@iwens

Personally, I prefer 2-pass encodes since the end result is more polished, despite it taking longer. If you are looking to create 720p quality encodes using the 2-pass method, I would suggest using a minimum of 4 Mbps bit rate.

iwens
29th December 2008, 18:16
@iwens,

This probably has to do with the the fact that it is a hardware player, and the problem with crf is that it can go over the VBV buffer or the maximum VBV bitrate, which is probably causing your problems. If you encode with a two pass encode and make sure that your buffer and vbv maximum bitrate are in spec, then you should have no problems.

The safe rule of thumb when encoding for standalones is to use 2 pass with the proper buffer and vbv maximum bitrate specified.

I indeed ran my succesfull first conversion with ripbot264. I made an 2 pass 8mbit 720p movie (3,1gb for 51 min ) which ran flawless on my dvico. So i am now upping the bitrate to see where it will end.

2pass seems indeed the way to go with the dvico, becouse even if the file is 1,5 times larger then the crf22 encoded file it ran perfect on my dvico. The crf22 file rebooted my player after 1,5 min.

Atak_Snajpera
29th December 2008, 19:02
So i am now upping the bitrate to see where it will end.
According to my knowledge tivix supports up to HP@Level 4.0 so maximum bitrate will be 25000 kbps.

iwens
29th December 2008, 19:17
According to my knowledge tivix supports up to HP@Level 4.0 so maximum bitrate will be 25000 kbps.

Yes they indeed claim this to be true, but they do not specify from which media, i do not have an internal harddisk in my dvico so i play all file's from my nas with nfs.

I cued the file as 25 22 20 18 16 14 12 10 8 mbps to see what is max bitrate vs picture quality. My c2duo6600 oc 3,5ghz chews rather quickly thru them.

Will update which max bitrate will play correctly on my dvico with nfs from an nas.

Atak_Snajpera
29th December 2008, 19:23
I cued the file as 25 22 20 18 16 14 12 10 8 mbps to see what is max bitrate vs picture quality
720p @ 6 Mbps and 1080p @ 12 Mbps has never disappointed me in terms of quality.

vman9999
29th December 2008, 20:02
Hi.

I'm getting an error on Ripbot of (Failed to get data for 'mpg1'). Can anyone help?

8ternity
29th December 2008, 22:39
Hi Atak,

Im getting an error with ripbot when try to preview to theses settings:

- 1080P, filter FILM, preview with media player classic fail to open fft3dGPU.dll at line 29.

Try: AVIsynth 2.5.7, 2.5.8 RC5,
Latest 1.11.5 and previous 1.11.3,
try: ffdshow latest 2475, 2405

Still getting that error and the conversion start with muxing the project.
http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr165/8ternity/Other/error_ripbot1115.jpg

Can you help me please?

Hardware:
AMD 64x2 6400+
4GB DDR2 800MHZ
ATI HD 3870 512MB DX10

Thanks, and happy new year :) :)

Atak_Snajpera
29th December 2008, 22:58
Try to install latest drivers and DirectX (november) http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/DirectX-9.0c-Redistributable.shtml

Bajunid
30th December 2008, 03:36
Atak..any chance having ASS or SSA subs being supported?

EDIT: got it..there are two subs support, one in built-in pic and another external...Thanks!..I'm super happy now...

vman9999
30th December 2008, 05:17
Hi.

I'm getting an error on Ripbot of (Failed to get data for 'mpg1'). Can anyone help?

I solved this on my own... I just re-installed ffdshow and everything worked fine.

vman9999
30th December 2008, 05:19
Question...

Can anyone tell me how I can re-direct RipBot to utilize 64bit codecs? I am using Vista 64 and I wanted to take full advantage of the processing power.

Thanks.

deets
30th December 2008, 09:20
Question...

Can anyone tell me how I can re-direct RipBot to utilize 64bit codecs? I am using Vista 64 and I wanted to take full advantage of the processing power.

Thanks.

you cant :) dont worry about it.

if your really interested you can find a cli version of x264 64 bit and go from there

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143539

but that wont use ripbot at all.

Nemesis7
30th December 2008, 23:45
Can someone help me out here please? I've been struggling with selectable subtitles for a while now. Is it possible to alter mp4box to change the 'text' subtype into 'sbtl' when adding .ttxt files as subtitles? If so how (where in the source). That would enable the subs on the iPhone. The problem is that I don't know how to code in c++ (java only)

@Atak_Snajpera: I asked about selectable subtitles before, but it seemed to be ignored. Can/will you make this available in a next build of RipBot? Thanks a lot mate.

simbot41
31st December 2008, 04:14
Hi all

Noobie questions but I waited my five days and came back :)

Using ripbot to backup my hd-dvds for playback on Ps3 (packed htpc in and went with playtv/ps3 combo)

Ok 3 Questions

1. If I were to drop a quad core AMD 9550 into my machine will this speed up the process (ie half it) it took 16 hours to do Happy Feet this was on a dual core 4600 Am2
2. I am not worried about file size. What setting should I select to pretty much retain video as is, no compression, but speed up as much as possible?
3. Can I retain DTS HD/TrueHD using Ripbot.

Great program by the way, I spent days trying to work out how this was done and used all programs eac3to, tsmuxer, megui etc.

This is much much easier :)

wolfbane5
31st December 2008, 06:12
Hi all

Noobie questions but I waited my five days and came back :)

Using ripbot to backup my hd-dvds for playback on Ps3 (packed htpc in and went with playtv/ps3 combo)

Ok 3 Questions

1. If I were to drop a quad core AMD 9550 into my machine will this speed up the process (ie half it) it took 16 hours to do Happy Feet this was on a dual core 4600 Am2
2. I am not worried about file size. What setting should I select to pretty much retain video as is, no compression, but speed up as much as possible?

Great program by the way, I spent days trying to work out how this was done and used all programs eac3to, tsmuxer, megui etc.

This is much much easier :)

1. I doubt the quad core will help with the encoding since ripbot hasn't been optimized for quad core support.

2. When you re-encode videos, you lose quality. If you don't care about file size and want to retain video as is, there's really no point in encoding any of the hd-dvd's. You could simply create a .ts/.m2ts file with the video/audio tracks you want and then burn it to disc or play it on your tv.

simbot41
31st December 2008, 06:32
H iwolfbane thanks for the reply.

I thought I read somewhere that Ripbot was optimised to take advantage of as many cores as were avaialable to 100%.

I have tried doing a straight conversion to m2ts, but I must convert the VC1 based video into something the Ps3 can play off the xmb/strema through tversity. How would you do it as I have had no luck whatsoever

deets
31st December 2008, 09:54
H iwolfbane thanks for the reply.

I thought I read somewhere that Ripbot was optimised to take advantage of as many cores as were avaialable to 100%.

I have tried doing a straight conversion to m2ts, but I must convert the VC1 based video into something the Ps3 can play off the xmb/strema through tversity. How would you do it as I have had no luck whatsoever

x264 is very capable of taking advantage of more cores so in theory it should help considerably. all ripbot does is create the commands for the other bits to run, it in itself wont be affected by cores, just the progs it passes it info onto.

i dont know about that specific cpu but my q6600 is great little chip for x264 which is what takes up most of the time.

as for your other questions, in a basic way, with 264 quicker time means a potential drop in quality. One way is to use CRF mode, purely as its one pass, so you cut out the 2 pass system. its ideal if you want a set quality and not too fussed about file size. Trial and error is good on that one. chose a smallish clip of say 30 mins and test on that to get an idea of the end quality at each setting.

Atak_Snajpera
31st December 2008, 10:26
I doubt the quad core will help with the encoding since ripbot hasn't been optimized for quad core support.
BUT encoding engine (x264) is optimized for multicores !!! More cores always means faster encoding (2X , 4X)

If I were to drop a quad core AMD 9550 into my machine will this speed up the process (ie half it) it took 16 hours to do Happy Feet this was on a dual core 4600 Am2
Instead of AMD 9550 2,2Ghz I would buy Q6600 2,4 Ghz . It can be overclocked very easly to at least 3Ghz. I have Q6600@3ghz and it's rock stable! All you need is to change fsb to 333. You don't have to raise cpu voltage and you don't have to buy extra cooling system! I doubt that you will achieve the same result on amd cpu.

iwens
31st December 2008, 11:47
So i finished my 8 10 12 14 16 18 20 mbit/s encode's.

The goal was to get max quality from my setup, i use an dvico tvix 4100 as playback source on an panasonic 37pv70 hd ready plasma. The dvico is connected by lan with nfs. For test purpose my nas was replaced by main comp so throughput is not an issue.

This are the provisionary results for the episode plains of my blue-ray planet earth. The source is 51 min filesize 7,7 gb 1920 x 1080.

Crf 18 Size 4,4 Gb Player reboots after 1,30 min Quality Excelent
crf 20 Size 3,2 Gb Player reboots after 1,15 min Quality ok
Crf 18 Size 2,1 Gb Player reboots after 1,30 min Qualty poor
2p 8 Mbs Size 3,1 Gb Play's perfect Quality ok
2p 10 Mbs Size 3,8 Gb Play's perfect Quality Good
2p 12 Mbs Size 4,4 Gb Player reboots after 8 min Quality Excelent
2p 14 Mbs Size 5,1 Gb Player reboots after 8 min Quality excelent
2p 16 Mbs Size 5,8 Gb Player Reboots after 1 min Quality Excelent
2p 18 Mbs Size 6,4 Gb Player Reboots after 1 min Quality excelent
2p 20 Mbs Size 7,1 Gb Player Reboots after 1 min Quality excelent

My conclusion for the dvico tvix 4100 without an hd is: encode with profile 4.0 standalone 2 pass 10Mbps 720p. This will give the best picture the dvico lan connected can handle with nfs.

As i only encoded 1 episode which is of course not much of an test so it could be that 10mbs is also just an bit to much on some content.

I also will experiment an bit with the profile's max bitrate an buff size to see if this can help playing the higher bitrate's.
I will update if i get the results.

Also i have to say that i find the recommended crf 22 settings very poor, picture quality is clearly lacking in this mode. Resizing an 7,7 gb 1080p to 2,1 gb 720 p is asking to much from the codec and u will notice an significant quality degrade.

Atak_Snajpera
31st December 2008, 11:54
2p 12 Mbs Size 4,4 Gb Player reboots after 8 min Quality Excelent
2p 14 Mbs Size 5,1 Gb Player reboots after 8 min Quality excelent
2p 16 Mbs Size 5,8 Gb Player Reboots after 1 min Quality Excelent
2p 18 Mbs Size 6,4 Gb Player Reboots after 1 min Quality excelent
2p 20 Mbs Size 7,1 Gb Player Reboots after 1 min Quality excelent

I would contact tivix support and ask them why device reboots!?

Also i have to say that i find the recommended crf 22 settings very poor, picture quality is clearly lacking in this mode.
Show us screenshots and we will judge!

Does it look like bad quality for you now? 720p CRF22 (average bitrate 3782 kbps)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ndutml

This are the provisionary results for the episode plains of my blue-ray planet earth.
I have also planet earth on Blu-Ray. Tell me which episode did you encode? I will do few tests.

iwens
31st December 2008, 12:43
Tvix support is sadly non excisting, after an great start they are lacking support majorly now. After going thru the same thing with my kiss player i wonder if there ever will be an player released with good support.

This said the profile is just an guide line, they say it support's it but don't state from what media.

I encoded the episode great plains it's on disc 3.

As for the quality issue i guess i have to explain it an little bit more, as i could show u screenshots which will absolutely mean nothing to anyone's other setup.

With my setup sitting about 4 meters from an 37" plasma i and my family could clearly notice the difference. But the difference will be greater or less depending on the quality of the components.

If u look at it from an technical view point u get (1280x720p) / (1920x1080) X 7,7 gb u will need an minimum of 3,4 gb to be able to get at least the same bitrate. Also u exclude the quality difference then from the recode. At crf 18 u get an 4,4 gb file an bit larger that to some extent will compensate for the recode, i had an really hard time to tell the difference then, it's almost transparent.

When u have an player which support's this i would recomend this setting it's rather fast encode and quality is excelent.

But if u will see this will depend greatly on your setup.

Atak_Snajpera
31st December 2008, 13:27
Does it look like bad quality for you now? 720p CRF22 (average bitrate 3782 kbps)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ndutml
Do you see compression artifacts? I don't! I am sitting 1 meter from 19'' widescreen LCD monitor...

if there ever will be an player released with good support.
popcorn hour (http://www.popcornhour.com)

iwens
31st December 2008, 18:27
Do you see compression artifacts? I don't! I am sitting 1 meter from 19'' widescreen LCD monitor...]

Yes An lot actualy , made an little example: Frame 15007 great plains disc 3 planet earth

First 22 crf lot's of artifacts

http://www.xs4all.nl/~iwens/images/22crf.jpg

Then 18 crf better

http://www.xs4all.nl/~iwens/images/18crf.jpg[/IMG]

Then 16mb 2 pass still some artifacts but an lot cleaner.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~iwens/images/16mb.jpg

[URL="http://www.popcornhour.com"]popcorn hour[/URL

yeah i followed this an long time ago already, at mpcclub. At the moment of the release of the popcorn dvico was highly recommended

simbot41
1st January 2009, 03:20
Hey thanks all for the replies

Atak I have had to make do with the parts that I have (got a Samsung 46inch 1080p tv, Sony muteki sound system and a ps3 :)) so AMD it will have to be. But that is good news re encoding engine.

So just my last two questions

4. What are the best settings for a straight swap from VC1 to x264 to use on PS3 (filesize is not an issue tveristy will transfer a 18gb blu ray to ps3 hdd not a problem)

Cheers

Dark Shikari
1st January 2009, 03:24
Yes An lot actualy , made an little example:

First 22 crf lot's of artifactsAre you sure you're using a compliant H.264 decoder? The first image looks like you have in-loop deblocking disabled or something.

~bT~
1st January 2009, 04:44
Are you sure you're using a compliant H.264 decoder? The first image looks like you have in-loop deblocking disabled or something.

he said he could see the artefacts on his telly..using his tvix.

juGGaKNot
1st January 2009, 07:30
Added: support for .mov (it will not work with installed QUICKTIME!)

You the man!

Hope the suport for 2 audio tracks is also on the list :P

@bT is this SATA ?

iwens
1st January 2009, 07:52
Are you sure you're using a compliant H.264 decoder? The first image looks like you have in-loop deblocking disabled or something.

Edit:

Thnx for the tip, i rechecked it all an it seems vlcmedia player isn't or at least the screen shot feature isn't not shure. But the difference was greater with vlc mediaplayer, also i noticed it ddidn't use the ffdshow plugin. So i made the screenshots again with mpc and ffdshow. And updated the screenshots.

I never had thought of such an big difference in playback software.

It still show's clearly btw the quality loss i notice with crf 22.

the profile i used has the following commands: --level 4.0 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --mixed-refs --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --weightb --direct auto --subme 7 --trellis 1 --partitions all --8x8dct --me umh --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim

This is the standalone profile from ripbot264

It's an clean system only windows xp and the ripbot required file's.

As for he artifacts when the movie moves it is less noticeable, but i am personally not suprised there are artifact's the 16 mb 2 pass file is 3 times the size of the 22 crf. And even the 16 mb has some artifact's problem's.

Btw alway's open to suggestions how to improve quality even more (-:

I still feel if u will see his will depend on your setup, but i clearly can see the difference on mine.

Ajax_Undone
1st January 2009, 08:33
Installer updated. Um Atak I have not tested whether or not AVISynth 2.5.8 works with this I figure it does. So that's what I packed with this installer.

juGGaKNot
1st January 2009, 09:44
Installer updated. Um Atak I have not tested whether or not AVISynth 2.5.8 works with this I figure it does. So that's what I packed with this installer.

Can i use 2.5.8 ? 2.5.7 is not mandatory ?

deets
1st January 2009, 10:36
fast download link :)

http://delivery-102.vipeers.com/file_sharing?message_hash=484876444a6c74416673643432367537446c553251773d3d&locale=en

iwens
1st January 2009, 11:14
tesa motion algorithm

What does this exactly do, and when to use ?

Atak_Snajpera
1st January 2009, 11:35
If you have plenty of time you can use these settings.
http://pix.nofrag.com/2/6/a/6dcad6f0194e3fb84fc056159331f.bmp (http://pix.nofrag.com/2/6/a/6dcad6f0194e3fb84fc056159331f.html)

Encoding speed will be veeerrrryyy sloooowwww.

iwens
1st January 2009, 12:03
Ah thank u, running on that setting now, as i could care less about encoding time :).

Atak_Snajpera
1st January 2009, 13:04
Hope the suport for 2 audio tracks is also on the list :P
Two main problems:
1) My lack of motivation for two audio streams (My main enemy:). I really prefer original audio (chinese in Shoalin Soccer for example) with subtitles instead of dubbed version. I don't care about director's comments either.
2) My initial predictions show that blu-ray size calculation will be very difficult to create for 2 audio streams. Maybe I'm wrong but this is what I think about it at the moment.

simbot41
1st January 2009, 13:45
Ok so can Ripbot maintain TrueHD.

Eg converted file, when played on Ps3 will report Truehd as the audio.

Great program, jsut struggling.

Have tried all convoluted methods all I want is HD video and HD audio for PS3 from my predominantly Vc1 TrueHD movie library

~bT~
1st January 2009, 13:57
what does the bit in bold mean?

Added: support for .mov (it will not work with installed QUICKTIME!)

@ Ajax_Undone

does 2.5.8 support MT?

Atak_Snajpera
1st January 2009, 14:31
quicktime player installs its own shitty splitter and h.264 decoder (shitty as well) .

~bT~
1st January 2009, 14:45
^ do u recommend i uninstall it? or something else..?

Atak_Snajpera
1st January 2009, 14:59
If you have Haali Media Splitter and ffdshow you don't need anything else. Friend of mine accidentally installed itunes with quicktime player and suddenly we discovered that all .mov files (FullHD Baseline 5.1@30Mbps) from his Canon EOS 5D Mark II are jerky (Quad core@4GHz!!!). I tried to reinstall Haali and ffdshow and still nothing. I even tried MPC-HC with all enabled internall splitters/decoders - nothing! Everything went to normal after removing evil quicktime player.

~bT~
1st January 2009, 15:39
^itunes will not start without QT.. what a load of tosh!

bigggt
1st January 2009, 16:10

I'm also in this situation, i know someone will say use something like Floola(which i love) but i don't think there is any alternatives to itunes for the ipod touch yet

thanks for the new version and all your hard work Atak_Snajpera

laserfan
1st January 2009, 16:13
iTunes is awfully popular, as is (of course!) the iPod, but I have always found iTunes and QuickTime to be horrible resource hogs and priority-grabbers. They're both completely gone from my PCs...

~bT~
1st January 2009, 16:13
^ you're right. floola doesn't support touch..yet.

Atak_Snajpera
1st January 2009, 16:15
Ok guys FALSE ALARM! Sorry for that. It looks like that QuickTime Codecs/Splitter are not used in AviSynth (DirectShowSource). Haali and FFdshow are loaded correctly!
I will correct first post!

priority-grabbers
TRUE! TRUE! TRUE! I still don't understand why buildin splitters and codecs in MPC-HC are not active when playing .mov files. It does not matter what I will do always quicktime components are in use!!! WEIRD! WEIRD! WEIRD! Luckly I'm PSP user so I don't need this shit!

bigggt
1st January 2009, 17:40
Added: support for weird 5 channel audio (always downmixed to stereo)

Thanks for this , my son will be very happy

almost missed it:)

vman9999
1st January 2009, 18:26
m4v = mp4
and
m4a = mp4

Thanks for this reponse.

Can anyone please tell me how I can add an AC3 audio track to an mp4 (for Apple TV) created by ripbot?

I stripped out the AC3 track but I am having trouble combining them and it sounds like I will have to create an m4v or a mov file to support this.

Thanks again.

eyekyu
1st January 2009, 20:19
sorry i havent been on here for a long time, is ur app or another able to add multiple titles to a single 25gb bd-r?

Atak_Snajpera
1st January 2009, 21:03
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143744

survivant001
1st January 2009, 21:22
thanks for this New Year present :)

juGGaKNot
2nd January 2009, 11:41
http://pix.nofrag.com/2/6/a/6dcad6f0194e3fb84fc056159331f.bmp (http://pix.nofrag.com/2/6/a/6dcad6f0194e3fb84fc056159331f.html)

I used these setting :

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll105/juGGaKNot4cs/rip_settings_old.jpg

And i will now use :

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll105/juGGaKNot4cs/rip_settings_new.jpg

The problem is that i also have a tutorial for other people to use

http://www.pgl.ro/forum/showpost.php?p=962191&postcount=15

Is my "advice" k or should i remake the preset ?

Also i get this error when i open any AVI clips with PCM audio.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll105/juGGaKNot4cs/rip_error_new.jpg

Thnx.

iwens
2nd January 2009, 12:13
Could i ask u why do u uncheck avchd option ?

juGGaKNot
2nd January 2009, 12:24
Could i ask u why do u uncheck avchd option ?

Movies are max 720P and only mp4 and mkv render

mainly games movies ( counter strike and others )

i read it is for blu-ray, do not need it.

iwens
2nd January 2009, 12:49
Well i used the new settings and the file is an bit smaller but the quality is excelent.

I would love to use these settings, but sadly the dvico will not play it and reboot after 1:30 min even when i try to play it from connected usb drive. Bit at loss why to be honest.

Default settings 10mb 2pass

http://www.xs4all.nl/~iwens/images/10mbdef.jpg

Very slow settings Atak suggested encoding time 8hours on c2d6600 3,5 ghz for 51 min episode.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~iwens/images/10mbhq.jpg

eyekyu
2nd January 2009, 16:11
thx atak for the link

iwens, is that using the 4.1 profile?

iwens
2nd January 2009, 16:18
thx atak for the link

iwens, is that using the 4.1 profile?

No i used level 4.0 profile

greggerm
2nd January 2009, 18:30
I've been wracking my brain trying to wrap it around the Blu-Ray ripping process, and I've hit a stumbling block that I need some pointers on, and RipBot is in the mix.

I am attempting to rip down and re-encode "David Gilmour: Remember That Night", a concert disc. It's my first Bluray purchase, and I'm looking to get it ripped down to use it "sans disc" on my HTPC. I'd be happy with a playable .TS file, however the ultimate goal is a MP4/MKV with a little of the bitrate shaved off the top. I chose a great first one to buy, as it is giving me fits with the reencoding.

It is a VC-1 disc, with DolbyHD, in 1080i resolution. (yes, 1080 interlaced - the concert was shot in video, not film). Using AnyDVD HD, I ripped the disc to my hard drive, and that's where the fun begins.

I have determined that it is a branching disc, making it more difficult. 00001.m2ts, 00003.m2ts, and 00002.m2ts make up the appropriate playlist. RipBot senses this and appears to set up things appropriately for the demux and encode.

I can get through the process of remuxing and reencoding the data, however the resultant video is playing back very much out of sync with the slow-motion video. In all cases, the audio sounds just fine - but the video is woefully slow and logically, the audio is instantly out of sync.

I've read about framerate issues in various Internet threads on bluray rips, but nothing ever offered symptoms or solutions. Could it be the interlacing? The incorrect FPS settings? Bad demuxing? It's a tricky disc, to be certain.

I'm pretty sure it's not the fault of Ripbot or even the other muxing tools I've played with - it has to be a setting on my part I am not using correctly. I haven't found the internet posting yet that sets me straight. Can anyone point this true layman in the right direction for understanding how to defeat this particular type of problem?

-Greg

(*oh how I miss the halcyon days of ripping down my standard DVD collection... rip, click, done!)

~bT~
2nd January 2009, 18:33
^ new F/W avail for tvix i hear..

Atak_Snajpera
2nd January 2009, 20:36
@greggerm
What cpu do you have? What player do you use? If you have at least decent dual core install ffdshow MT (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=173941&package_id=214245&release_id=523000)

iwens
2nd January 2009, 20:48
^ new F/W avail for tvix i hear..

Yeah but again only for the 6500.

mikelebron
2nd January 2009, 21:06
Question.. I have all my DVDs already ripped to my hard drive BUT I kept them in the DVD format (multiple VOBs, etc.). I want to use RipBot but it only supports single VOBs. What tool do you recommend in editing/joining the VOBs into a single file with NO re-encoding to get it ready for RipBot?

Thanks

greggerm
2nd January 2009, 21:09
@greggerm
What cpu do you have? What player do you use? If you have at least decent dual core install ffdshow MT (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=173941&package_id=214245&release_id=523000)

I've attempted encodes and playback on both a C2D 6420 and a C2D 8600. Playback has been handled by ZoomPlayer on both machines. On those same machines, other full-size (1080p) high def files do play successfully, so I am leaning more toward having to tweak the demux/encode settings versus the computers not being able to keep up.

Here's a look at some of the files from the process:

Blueray Structure File, showing the playlist source for the encode...

eac3to v2.78
command line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\RipBot264v1.11.5\Tools\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "F:\GILMOUR_REMEMBER_D1\"
1) 00002.mpls, 00000.m2ts+00003.m2ts+00001.m2ts, 2:32:17
- VC-1, 1080i60 /1.001 (16:9)
- RAW/PCM, English, stereo, 48khz
- TrueHD, English, multi-channel, 48khz

As an experiment with FPS settings, I'm running an encode right now with the following job.ini resulting...

{JobSettings}
VideoFile=F:\GILMOUR_REMEMBER_D1\BDMV\STREAM\00000.m2ts
VideoCodec=vc1
VideoWidth=1920
VideoHeight=1080
VideoProfile=[ level 4.0 ] HD . BluRay . Consoles
SourceFPS=29.97
MovieFPS=23.976
FPSinGUI=23.976
SourceNumberOfFrames=273838
SourceMovieLength=9137.07040373707
CurrentMovieLength=9137.0954287621
SourceAudioLength=9137.088
Frames=219071
Duration=2:32:17.095
Mode=CQ
kbps=22
AudioFile=C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.ac3
AudioFileSize=584773632
AudioCodec=ac3
AudioBPS=512000
AudioProfile=5.1 CT AAC-LC 256 kbps [abr]
Frequency=48000
Channels=6
DurationAudio=2:32:17.088
AudioLength=9137.088
Normalize=OFF
AudioDelay=0
Output=U:\2992deinterlace23FPSAssumed.mp4
Container=mp4
LockSize=0
Size=1686
Deinterlace=Top Field First -> 29.97 FPS
Crop=Do not crop
CropTop=0
CropBottom=0
CropLeft=0
CropRight=0
Resize=Do not resize
ResX=1920
ResY=1080
Decimate=Do not decimate
hue=0
sat=1
bright=0
cont=1
subtitleFileSize=0
path=
Denoise=FILM
AssumeFPS=AssumeFPS -> 23.976

The SourceFPS and MovieFPS are different (29.97 vs 23.976), so I took a chance and flipped a setting in the GUI to adjust the speed, which added the AssumeFPS line at the bottom of the ini file. I did not adjust any of the above items in my prior failed attempts.

I've got to wait overnight for the encode to go through (unless someone knows a way to cook up a "draft" MKV/MP4 in record time!), but we'll see what it does. I'm not holding my breath too much at this point.

Editing to add:
I just popped open the "de-muxed" video which RipBot is using to feed AVISynth and x264, and it too, without any sound, is in slow motion. ZoomPlayer reads that the designated framerate is 29.97... just about half the indicated 60 FPS seen in the first informational file above. Do I have to somehow force a 60 FPS (59.somethingsomething) to make this work better? (if so, in which step?) Hmmm...

I'll give the other FFDSHOW build a review after the encode completes, which looks like it will be sometime tomorrow morning.

If you see anything out of whack in that .ini file, or how you'd approach the task given the data, feel free to share ideas! (I can kick off another encode on the other computer to test any other ideas)

Thanks kindly,
-Greg

bigggt
2nd January 2009, 21:26
Question.. I have all my DVDs already ripped to my hard drive BUT I kept them in the DVD format (multiple VOBs, etc.). I want to use RipBot but it only supports single VOBs. What tool do you recommend in editing/joining the VOBs into a single file with NO re-encoding to get it ready for RipBot?

Thanks

Ripbot can handle them just they way they are, no need to be single .vobs

Atak_Snajpera
2nd January 2009, 21:29
use latest version and try again. It has updated eac3to tool.
Also send me 50 mb sample of first .m2ts to www.mediafire.com
Use this http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/File-Management/DGSplit.shtml

mikelebron
2nd January 2009, 21:30
Ripbot can handle them just they way they are, no need to be single .vobs

Then how when my DVD has 7 VOBs that make up the movie and RipBot only lets you select 1 VOB

bigggt
2nd January 2009, 21:33
you just select the first vob and all will be good ,just try it and see if ripbot gives the correct time

Atak_Snajpera
2nd January 2009, 21:35
Then how when my DVD has 7 VOBs that make up the movie and RipBot only lets you select 1 VOB
Do what that gentleman advice you and you will see the magic :)

you just select the first vob
It does not even have to be first .vob :) (VTS_01_x.vob)

greggerm
2nd January 2009, 22:14
use latest version and try again. It has updated eac3to tool.
I'll drop in 1.12.0 following this in-progress encode (presuming it fails) and I'll restart the process.
Also send me 50 mb sample of first .m2ts...
Linked here... (http://www.pilotgerm.com/00000.m2ts_0)

Thanks,
-Greg

Atak_Snajpera
2nd January 2009, 22:46
This is what I get in latest version (v.1.12.0) with your sample

[JobSettings]
VideoFile=C:\00000.m2ts
VideoCodec=vc1
VideoWidth=1920
VideoHeight=1080
VideoProfile=[ level 4.0 ] HD . BluRay . Consoles
SourceFPS=29.97
MovieFPS=29.97
FPSinGUI=29.97
SourceNumberOfFrames=717
SourceMovieLength=23.9239239239239
CurrentMovieLength=23.9239239239239
SourceAudioLength=23.92
Frames=717
Duration=0:0:23.924
Mode=CQ
kbps=22
AudioFile=F:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.pcm.flac
AudioFileSize=3618511
AudioCodec=pcm
AudioBPS=1210166
AudioProfile=2.0 CT AAC-LC 128 kbps [abr]
Frequency=48000
Channels=2
DurationAudio=0:0:23.92
AudioLength=23.92
Normalize=100%
AudioDelay=0
Output=C:\00000.mp4
Container=mp4
LockSize=0
Size=3
Deinterlace=Top Field First -> 29.97 FPS
Crop=Do not crop
CropTop=0
CropBottom=0
CropLeft=0
CropRight=0
Resize=Do not resize
ResX=1920
ResY=1080
Decimate=Do not decimate
hue=0
sat=1
bright=0
cont=1
subtitleFileSize=0
path=
Denoise=Do not denoise
AssumeFPS=Do not change

asarian
3rd January 2009, 00:02

Thanks, nonetheless, for adding these 'insane' settings. :)

8ternity
3rd January 2009, 02:28
Try to install latest drivers and DirectX (november) http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/DirectX-9.0c-Redistributable.shtml

Thanks a lot.
I have update DirectX 10 with the latest updates and it's fine.

:p

8ternity
3rd January 2009, 02:46
Hi Atak,

I would like to know what is the difference in Encoder Setting, theses 2 options:

TRELLIS. QUANT.
1- STANDARD and 2- ENHANCED
and

ADAPTIVE B-FRAMES
1- STANDARD and 2- ENHANCED

Did change defaut setting can accurate encoding quality?

Thanks,
Happy New Year ATAK. !

greggerm
3rd January 2009, 03:54
Strange - upon updating to 1.12.0, I get the following error when attempting to prepare a job:

It goes through the demux process before giving the options for the job. At the tail end of all the demuxing, prior to setting any options for the encode, I see...

Please Wait... Gathering informations...

..in the status area. Then the WMP Classic window appears, and after sitting on an "Opening..." screen for 30 or so seconds, vaboom - this...

http://members.cox.net/spambait/ripboterror.jpg

Here's the first few lines of the getinfo.avs script...

video=DirectShowSource("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv",audio=false).ConvertToYV12()
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\RipBot264\tools\AviSynth plugins\NicAudio\NicAudio.dll")
audio=NicAC3Source("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.ac3")
AudioDub(video,audio)
WriteFile("C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framecount")...

I validated that the NicAudio.dll plugin is in the path specified in the script. I can duplicate the error by running the jobinfo.avs file from the job's temp directory by hand in either WMP Classic or Zoomplayer. It would seem that the NicAudio plugin is having a fit.

This does not occur when I attempt to bring in the 50MB example file - only the full movie.

I have reinstalled FFDShow as well as AVISynth, with reboots in between, and still no joy.

Any ideas on this one?! She was working just fine prior to me bringing in the 1.12.0 files!

Cleghorn65
3rd January 2009, 04:55
I completed the encoding process but now it's on the "muxing" process and it has been for a few hours, the encoding went slow though but CPU usage is at 0% for the muxing process. That doesn't seem normal, is anything wrong?

Ajax_Undone
3rd January 2009, 07:57
Has there been any major changes in Avisynth v2.5.8 that would effect the operation of ripbot in any way?:)

thanx is advanced

survivant001
3rd January 2009, 12:38
I had the same problem as @greggerm.

and Ripbot got stuck 2 times when starting a 2th pass.

I just have to abort the job and start it again.

Atak_Snajpera
3rd January 2009, 13:24
Any ideas on this one?! She was working just fine prior to me bringing in the 1.12.0 files!
Ok. I think i found a bug.

~bT~
3rd January 2009, 18:02
bug? i added an external audio file..

http://thumbnails5.imagebam.com/2259/61b55e22586412.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/61b55e22586412)

http://thumbnails9.imagebam.com/2259/a3310f22586410.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/a3310f22586410)

eyekyu
3rd January 2009, 20:48
i dont know if this has been discussed, but Low Priority Checked or UN-Checked

mikelebron
3rd January 2009, 22:04
Yep... worked.. thanks.. weird.. I had to select the 2nd file rather then the first to recongize the entire length of movie... no issues.. though..

I would like to recommend an enhancement... if you can

1. Add a profile regarding resolution for iphone / itouch
2. Keep aspect ratio when changing resolution.

Thanks!

Do what that gentleman advice you and you will see the magic :)

It does not even have to be first .vob :) (VTS_01_x.vob)

Atak_Snajpera
4th January 2009, 00:29
1. Add a profile regarding resolution for iphone / itouch
iphone has the same vertical resolution as PSP (480x...)

2. Keep aspect ratio when changing resolution.
ok

@BT
Show what you have in audio.1.pcm - Log.txt

mikelebron
4th January 2009, 01:14
@greggerm

Whats the difference with ffdshow MT and ffdshow?

Atak_Snajpera
4th January 2009, 01:20
Main difference is that h.264/AVC decoder in FFDshow MT is fully multithreaded. My Q6600@3Ghz can decode 1920x1080 60p (50Mbps) in more than 80fps. Despite experimental label it works very well.

melmac77
4th January 2009, 03:01
Hi All
I am new to ripbot and so far have done a few HD DVD to MKV no problem awesome program however when I try to do a standard dvd it crops my output to 4:3 instead of keeping it exactly as the original was. This also occured when I tried did a mpg same thing cropped to 4:3. I suspect that this is due to the flag of what the imput file size is is not being passed into Ripbot by FFDShow I hope that makes sense I'm fairly new to encoding. I think that 5something that should be ticked in either FFDSHOW or Haail and is not, hopefully someone could tell me what that would be
Thanks in advance
Mel

~bT~
4th January 2009, 03:58
@BT
Show what you have in audio.1.pcm - Log.txt

eac3to v2.87
command line: "C:\Program Files\RipBot264\Tools\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "G:\Projects\DEMUXED\00005 PID 1100 DELAY 0ms.pcm" "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.pcm.flac
This might be a RAW/PCM file. Trying to figure out the details.
This will probably take a while. Please be patient...
Was not able to figure out all parameters of this RAW/PCM file.
Please specify channel, bitdepth and endian parameters via command line.

mikelebron
4th January 2009, 04:47
Main difference is that h.264/AVC decoder in FFDshow MT is fully multithreaded. My Q6600@3Ghz can decode 1920x1080 60p (50Mbps) in more than 80fps. Despite experimental label it works very well.

Right now I am lucky if I am getting 3 FPS using the 4.0 profile (no changes).. Im using an AMD Opteron 185@2.8 Ghz.. Its taking more then 14 hours to do a re-encode to blueray.. Would it improve using the MT version?

let me ask you.. the extension bluray over MKV.. how does this differ?

Ajax_Undone
4th January 2009, 05:51
One is the bluray disk structure the other is an mkv file...

Atak_Snajpera
4th January 2009, 09:47
Right now I am lucky if I am getting 3 FPS using the 4.0 profile (no changes).. Im using an AMD Opteron 185@2.8 Ghz.. Its taking more then 14 hours to do a re-encode to blueray.. Would it improve using the MT version?

I meant pure playback measured in timecodec not speed of conversion!!!

use mkv

@BT
Send me sample (.pcm)
Use DGsplit
and www.mediafire.com

mochevolete
4th January 2009, 10:36
noob question, may I create a new profile for re-encoding a BR to downsize it and recreate the BR like this ?

--pass 2 --bitrate 9877 --stats "1.stats" --level 4.1 --ref 4 --mixed-refs --no-fast-pskip --bframes 3 --b-pyramid --b-rdo --bime
--weightb --direct auto --filter -3,-3 --subme 7 --trellis 1 --analyse p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8 --8x8dct --me umh --threads auto
--thread-input --sar 1:1 --cqmfile "prestige.cfg" --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output "1080p[no p4x4].mkv" "1.avs"
--aq-strength 0.5 --aq-sensitivity 13 --qcomp 1

Atak_Snajpera
4th January 2009, 10:48
--cqmfile "prestige.cfg"
DO NOT USE CUSTOM MATRICES! Especially very controversial 'prestige' matrix

--aq-strength 0.5 --aq-sensitivity 13 --qcomp 1
Remove this as well! Default AQ values are better.

Four important switches are missing. --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 50000 --vbv-maxrate 50000.
you can also replace this
--analyse p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8 --8x8dct
with this
--partitions all --8x8dct

mochevolete
4th January 2009, 11:05
thanks for reply,

regarding the last suggestion there's a quote from another forum:
Conclusion
Seeing as excluding P4x4 frames has no ill effects on PQ I advise that you all disable P4x4 in order to truly conform to L 4.1
But look at the screens and judge for yourself

So, to disable P4x4 in commandline, instead of using --analyse all use:

--analyse p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8

so now another question, it has any sense to create "super" profiles to re-encoding a 27GB file (with only the video stream) to 20GB ? Maybe for this target is more than adequate the basic profile for Blurays ?

Nik

Atak_Snajpera
4th January 2009, 11:29
You can enable P4x4. Trust me!

it has any sense to create "super" profiles to re-encoding a 27GB file (with only the video stream) to 20GB ?
NO! Use default profile.

mochevolete
4th January 2009, 11:34
ok good !

BTW where's the temp folder of Ripbot ?

Atak_Snajpera
4th January 2009, 11:37
By default on x:\Temp\RipBot264temp
Where X is partition with the biggest free space

See RipBot264.ini

mochevolete
4th January 2009, 11:41
ok,
is there a way to avoid the initial demuxing (beacuse there's already just the video track) ? what if I feed Ripbot directly with an mkv instead of an m2ts ?

Nik

Atak_Snajpera
4th January 2009, 12:30
ok,
is there a way to avoid the initial demuxing (beacuse there's already just the video track) ? what if I feed Ripbot directly with an mkv instead of an m2ts ?
Audio if present is always demuxed from container!

mochevolete
4th January 2009, 12:39
nope, I mean because I've already demuxed the BR with eac3to, in the m2ts file there's only the video track, what if I feed Ripbot directly with an MKV instead of the M2TS ?

BTW many thanks for your support :)

Nik

mochevolete
4th January 2009, 13:20
please ignore my previous post

I've enabled in ffdshow the AVC/H264 decoding, and now the ETA time is 2 hrs, on the previous attempt, just aborted was more than 9hrs !
Is this normal ?

Nik

~bT~
4th January 2009, 16:17
@BT
Send me sample (.pcm)

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=39dde50f7954a9bed2db6fb9a8902bda

jasimo
4th January 2009, 17:01
Hi,

it is possible to add the ability to select more than only one subtitle to be extracted from the source m2ts file?

Thats because when i search for the right subtitle it takes a while to find the correct one (e.g. searching for forced subs, or if there are more subs in the same language).

rgs

Dark Shikari
4th January 2009, 17:38
Remove this as well! Default AQ values and --qcomp 1 are better.No, don't tell people to mess with qcomp. Leave it on default, not 1.0.

greggerm
4th January 2009, 18:28
One problem solved... but not without a hiccup

Upon updating to 1.12.0, I get the following error when attempting to prepare a job:

It goes through the demux process before giving the options for the job. At the tail end of all the demuxing, prior to setting any options for the encode, I see...

Please Wait... Gathering informations...

..in the status area. Then the WMP Classic window appears, and after sitting on an "Opening..." screen for 30 or so seconds, vaboom - this...

http://members.cox.net/spambait/ripboterror.jpg

After poking around on the internet for the same error type, it was obvious it was a system related issue and not a Ripbot related issue.

I could easily play the demuxed MKV file on its own, and I could play the demuxed AC3 file on its own, but the "getinfo.avs" script wasn't working right.

Some internet research pointed me in the direction of codecs - this type of AVSynth hiccup is usually associated with playback chains and whatnot.

I took a look inside my FFDSHOW codec settings, and found the problem - The video VC-1 playback codec was set to libavcodec, and not wmv9 - I recall reading that VC-1 should always be set to wmv.

I reset it to wmv9, then re-initialized the process.... After Ripbot ran and did it's first quick pull of playlist and m2ts files, the setting was somehow reset back to libavcodec. I re-set it once more to wmv9 and initialized the preparatory demux process - the wmv9 setting remained through the process and it completed successfully.

It would seem that simply running RipBot changes the WMV and VC-1 codec settings to the libavcodec. This seems to be a bad thing, as it will error out when trying to gather info on a VC-1 video file unless the codec is set to wmv9.

Now I can get back to troubleshooting my audio sync issues...

Atak_Snajpera
4th January 2009, 19:28
No, don't tell people to mess with qcomp. Leave it on default, not 1.0.
Sorry I meant to remove Aq-strength , aq-sensitivity and -qcomp

This happens when you try to do two things at the same time.

This seems to be a bad thing, as it will error out when trying to gather info on a VC-1 video file unless the codec is set to wmv9.
Yes. I know that. New version will force wmv9.

greggerm
5th January 2009, 00:26
Yes. I know that. New version will force wmv9.

Good to hear - and FYI... 1.12.0 seems to handle the David Gilmour video (slow motion video problem) disc better. My first test of a waaay small (320x240 @ 256kbps) encode maintained proper speed and sync throughout. I'm running the overnight "master" encode now to see how it holds up. The only item I tweaked in the settings was to enable de-interlacing @ 29.72 top - everything else on the AVISynth side remained at the calculated defaults.

Thanks for your assistance, and thanks for your continuing work on the program.

-Greg

asarian
5th January 2009, 02:28
Atak, any reason not to use this version of ffdshow with your program?

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=173941&package_id=214245

Looks pretty exciting. :)

~bT~
5th January 2009, 02:47
^ already use it here :) obviously its aimed at the higher end cpu's.

asarian
5th January 2009, 02:55
^ already use it here :) obviously its aimed at the higher end cpu's.

Thanks. Gonna give it a try on my quadcore. :)

Mary H
5th January 2009, 05:15
Thanks for the great program! I've had excellent results converting my BD/HD movies to 720P MKV's of about 8.3 GB. On my 65" Mits RPTV, they look very very close to the originals.

Just recently I've tried it on my favorite DVD's. The results look OK, but I'm not sure I'm using the best settings. What profile, resolution, final size, and KBPS would you recommend for a typical 2 hour DVD? I've searched for a guide on the web that might focus on DVD's, but haven't found one yet. A link to something like that would be great too. Thanks!

Blackwalker
5th January 2009, 05:52
I've enabled in ffdshow the AVC/H264 decoding, and now the ETA time is 2 hrs, on the previous attempt, just aborted was more than 9hrs !
Is this normal ?

i'd like to know this too!
ty again atak for this great program! :D

melmac77
5th January 2009, 07:03
Hi All
I am new to ripbot and so far have done a few HD DVD to MKV no problem awesome program however when I try to do a standard dvd it crops my output to 4:3 instead of keeping it exactly as the original was. This also occured when I tried did a mpg same thing cropped to 4:3. I suspect that this is due to the flag of what the imput file size is is not being passed into Ripbot by FFDShow I hope that makes sense I'm fairly new to encoding. I think that something that should be ticked in either FFDSHOW or Haail and is not, hopefully someone could tell me what that would be
Thanks in advance
Mel

Looked around and cannot work out why my dvds are resized whe converting to mkv so I am going to unistall the version of ripbot I am using and install the latest version. Do I need a specific version of FFDShow I am currently using
FFDShow rev.2364
AviS 2.5.7
Haali 1.8.122.18
Thanks in advance
Mel

mochevolete
5th January 2009, 08:42
unfortunately after 11+ hrs of encoding the result is a 427MB file (I was re-encoding a BR from 27GB to 20GB), I set the size to 19.000 MB,
any idea why it ended so small ?

Nik

Atak_Snajpera
5th January 2009, 14:33
unfortunately after 11+ hrs of encoding the result is a 427MB file (I was re-encoding a BR from 27GB to 20GB), I set the size to 19.000 MB,
any idea why it ended so small ?
LOG please (/Logs/Jobx_log.txt)

prettyboy85712
5th January 2009, 14:51
Thanks for the great program! I've had excellent results converting my BD/HD movies to 720P MKV's of about 8.3 GB. On my 65" Mits RPTV, they look very very close to the originals.

Just recently I've tried it on my favorite DVD's. The results look OK, but I'm not sure I'm using the best settings. What profile, resolution, final size, and KBPS would you recommend for a typical 2 hour DVD? I've searched for a guide on the web that might focus on DVD's, but haven't found one yet. A link to something like that would be great too. Thanks!

What settings did you use?

I've noticed when using DVD content that RipBot264 seems to have problems with window boxed content. It doesn't always calculate correctly when using the crop and resize feature. A lot of times the resulting image appears stretched.

greggerm
5th January 2009, 15:48
Atak -
A note of thanks and success...

After a week of trials, errors, problems, and small victories, I can say that I have successfully completed my first h264 highdef encode from a Bluray disk.

In this day and age of instant gratification, h264 encoding of Bluray forces us all to sit back and relax - if only because it takes so long to process the data! These delays forced me into being patient. Patience is a necessity when working with programs such as RipBot - not because of any faults in the program, but because the process is complex and full of variables from one movie or computer to the next.

I certainly don't claim to know how everything meshes together, and I am positive that down the road I'll be back here in the thread soliciting help - but after fighting through my first encode, I have a better handle on the process and my hope is that future encoding projects will be nice and smooth. And if not smooth, at least I have a little experience to build on to troubleshoot it.

So again, thanks for the efforts writing and maintaining the package. Hopefully I'll be able to leverage it further as my nascent Blu-Ray collection starts to grow.

-Greg

deets
5th January 2009, 16:00
any chance of giving us the option to pipe to the 64 bit version of x264 like lord mulders prog?

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1231227#post1231227

mikelebron
5th January 2009, 16:18
Can you share your settings?

Atak -
A note of thanks and success...

After a week of trials, errors, problems, and small victories, I can say that I have successfully completed my first h264 highdef encode from a Bluray disk.

In this day and age of instant gratification, h264 encoding of Bluray forces us all to sit back and relax - if only because it takes so long to process the data! These delays forced me into being patient. Patience is a necessity when working with programs such as RipBot - not because of any faults in the program, but because the process is complex and full of variables from one movie or computer to the next.

I certainly don't claim to know how everything meshes together, and I am positive that down the road I'll be back here in the thread soliciting help - but after fighting through my first encode, I have a better handle on the process and my hope is that future encoding projects will be nice and smooth. And if not smooth, at least I have a little experience to build on to troubleshoot it.

So again, thanks for the efforts writing and maintaining the package. Hopefully I'll be able to leverage it further as my nascent Blu-Ray collection starts to grow.

-Greg

god_md5
5th January 2009, 16:41
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/8929/screenhunter01jan060035zb5.jpg

i get this error ,when i chage 5.1 h264 ts to mp4
in vista sp1 x64.ripbot264 ver 1.12

pilot550
5th January 2009, 16:46
I have been trying a lot of programs lately for converting Blu-ray into MKV. MeGUI and AutoMKV are both stellar programs in my opinion but Ripbot264 combined with AnyDVD HD makes everything so simple. You can do everything right from the Blu-ray disc. I don't know how it works, I just know it does. My question resides in the "how it works" category. I encoded The Dark Knight to mkv with 2-pass mode @ 6144 kbps selecting the 5.1 Aften 448 kbps AC3 audio stream. I set the size to 1280x720. The resulting mkv was 7.01GB. I then ran it again with the exact same settings except this time I chose 1920x1080 resolution and to copy the audio stream. The encoding took considerably longer and I ended up with a 7.21Gb mkv file. I confirmed the resolutions and audio bit rates with MediaInfo. I compared the audio stream sizes with Tsmuxer and the 640 kbps AC3 stream in 209MB larger then the 448 kbps stream. So that means the 1080p video stream is the same size as the 720p stream. MediaInfo reads the 720p stream as being 5879 Kbps and the 1080p stream as being 5871 Kbps. So if the bit rates are the same but the resolutions are different how can the file sizes be the same?

god_md5
5th January 2009, 16:59
I have been trying a lot of programs lately for converting Blu-ray into MKV. MeGUI and AutoMKV are both stellar programs in my opinion but Ripbot264 combined with AnyDVD HD makes everything so simple. You can do everything right from the Blu-ray disc. I don't know how it works, I just know it does. My question resides in the "how it works" category. I encoded The Dark Knight to mkv with 2-pass mode @ 6144 kbps selecting the 5.1 Aften 448 kbps AC3 audio stream. I set the size to 1280x720. The resulting mkv was 7.01GB. I then ran it again with the exact same settings except this time I chose 1920x1080 resolution and to copy the audio stream. The encoding took considerably longer and I ended up with a 7.21Gb mkv file. I confirmed the resolutions and audio bit rates with MediaInfo. I compared the audio stream sizes with Tsmuxer and the 640 kbps AC3 stream in 209MB larger then the 448 kbps stream. So that means the 1080p video stream is the same size as the 720p stream. MediaInfo reads the 720p stream as being 5879 Kbps and the 1080p stream as being 5871 Kbps. So if the bit rates are the same but the resolutions are different how can the file sizes be the same?
1080p 5871kbps resize to 720p ,you can change the bitrate to half ,than file size is half. resolutions low so you can make the low bitrate , like jpg the bitrate is low the q is low.
you can use the lock size ,to make 4.3gb about to dvd...

greggerm
5th January 2009, 17:12
@ mikelebron

My settings are all pretty standard - I needed to use 1.12.0 due to some demuxing issues with my original disc, but I used RipBot264 essentially straight out of the box.

I used the hidef (lev 4) profile, along with a CQ 22 value, and I reencoded my audio to AAC 5.1 @ 256kbps. Outside of that, I had to enable 29.72 top field first deinterlacing due to the source being an interlaced video. I probably could have gotten away with resizing down to 720p because of the interlaced original, however I kept it up at 1080 for the heck of it.

The original bluray is 40 GB or so, the resultant video is 20 GB. I could also probably get away with lowering the quality on the video (moving to CQ 23, 24, 25) to further reduce the size, but those experiments will wait a bit, as I want to savor my first successful encode for a bit.

My next attempt will hopefully be a pure 1080p source, so I can *really* see what it can look like!

-Greg

Ajax_Undone
6th January 2009, 04:37
any chance of giving us the option to pipe to the 64 bit version of x264 like lord mulders prog?

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1231227#post1231227

Why would one need this the 32bit version is just fine. I am truly not seeing a necessity here. :sly:

Besides that RipBot is a 32bit program and runs fine on both x64 and x86 platforms.

If your needing the 10% gain. That is a relative measurement anyway and there in varies from 0-10%. To change an already working app to compensate for a 10% margin of err is kind of ludicrous. Don't you think. Besides the 64bit version is not yet supported AFAIK.:D

wolfbane5
6th January 2009, 06:03
I'm having a bit of a problem with encoding Underworld Evolution from blu-ray. I loaded a .ts with video only and a .dts file for audio. Normally, I tell RipBot264 to automatically crop the black borders and it works fine. Except this time, it somehow screws up and doesn't seem to be able to maintain the aspect ratio of the movie (2.40:1). Instead it crops it way down to 1.85:1. Anyone know why this could happen? If you needs pics of the problem, I'll get them.

Edit: I'm using the latest version of RipBot264 1.12.0.

deets
6th January 2009, 08:37
Why would one need this the 32bit version is just fine. I am truly not seeing a necessity here. :sly:

Besides that RipBot is a 32bit program and runs fine on both x64 and x86 platforms.

If your needing the 10% gain. That is a relative measurement anyway and there in varies from 0-10%. To change an already working app to compensate for a 10% margin of err is kind of ludicrous. Don't you think. Besides the 64bit version is not yet supported AFAIK.:D

sure its fine, was just asking if it were an option :) and a 10% speed increase is a huge amount in the x264 world and when converting hd, god knows how much time that could save.

all i was thinking was a check box and then the output command gets piped to the 64 bit version via avs2yuv.exe.

nothing else would change, so cant see it being a huge thing as you made out.

was just interested what atak thought, not even sure if he has a 64 bit os!

mochevolete
6th January 2009, 09:12
log please (/logs/jobx_log.txt)
:) ...

picman1
6th January 2009, 13:30
Hi,

Being new to using this tool for converting my blu-ray dvd's to *.ts files for streaming to my PS3 I wanted to make sure I am doing the process the most efficient way. Using The Dark Knight as an example I use ripbot to create my x264 video file with no audio. I use TSmuxer to demux the TrueHD audio file, use eac3to to convert the TrueHD audio to an LPCM audio and finally TSmuxer to mux the new video and LPCM audio file to a .ts file. The file created works great with Tversity and the stream always seems to work great to the PS3. My question, is this the best way to get an x264 video file and a LPCM audio file created and combined for streaming to my PS3? I don't see any option to convert audio files to LPCM within ripbot or to combine an existing LPCM audio file if it were available. By the way great tool, very easy to use and with a quad core I can get a couple of blu's done in a day. Thank you for any help or suggestions.

iwens
6th January 2009, 14:38
After experimenting an lot with this tool to get an good quality mkv that will playback on my dvico tvix 4100, i finally found an work around.

I selected blue-ray output and the resulting mt2s file in the stream folder play's flawlessly on my tvico dvix 4100 with bitrates up to 16mb/s.

So i made an 720p 15mb/s level 4.1 profile with the very slow settings atak provided an couple of page's back. The resulting file is after 8 hours encoding an 5,5 gb large file for 51min video. And looks absolutely stunning and also play's back fine on my tvix dvico 4100.

So very happy now :)

greggerm
6th January 2009, 14:42
Atak and all other experts -

Is it possible to use a tool like DGSplit to chop a m2ts file into a small chunk, and then use that small chunk just as you would any other m2ts file in the eyes of Ripbot?

I am interested in playing with the various encoding and bitrate settings of Ripbot, but I certainly do not want to encode the ~entire~ movie each time while I test to find my personal preferences for bitrate and quality.

Do any of you have preferred methods for testing encode quality with small chunks of video?

Regards,
-Greg

asarian
6th January 2009, 16:22
Atak and all other experts -

Is it possible to use a tool like DGSplit to chop a m2ts file into a small chunk, and then use that small chunk just as you would any other m2ts file in the eyes of Ripbot?

I use tsMuxeR for that (use 'cut' on one of the tabs).

prettyboy85712
6th January 2009, 16:38
I use tsMuxeR for that (use 'cut' on one of the tabs).

Wow. I completely forgot about that feature.

swashbuckle
6th January 2009, 17:08
found a command-line error in "job1_MuxFiles.cmd" when i tried to add subtitles into the final Mux, while leaving the subtitles language box empty.

the command-line was originally this:-
"C:\Users\directory\ripbot\tools\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" -o
"C:\videofile.mkv" --default-duration 0:23.976fps -d 0 -A -S
"C:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" -a 0 -D -S
"C:\temp\RipBot264temp\audio.aac" --language 0: -s 0 -D -A "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\subtitles.srt"

it couldn't complete the encoding and it gave the error that "--language 0:" language was unspecified

it only worked when i manually typed in the language below:
"--language 0:english"

swashbuckle
6th January 2009, 17:10
may i also suggest that RipBot include Nero AAC encoder support in its next release?

Atak_Snajpera
6th January 2009, 17:10
v1.12.0
Fixed: Files were not muxed into mkv container if subtitles didn't have specified language

?????

swashbuckle
6th January 2009, 17:16
?????

eh?

realised im still on v1.11.5 lol

anyway it would be great if you could add Nero AAC encoder as an option, because popular Media Players like Popcorn Hour, Western Digital etc can't play .MKV files that use Vorbis audio.

Atak_Snajpera
6th January 2009, 17:17
What's wrong with CT AAC?????????

swashbuckle
6th January 2009, 17:25
What's wrong with CT AAC?????????

nothing, just a personal preference for Nero AAC because i *think* it gives better quality :D

btw I have a noob question:
if i enable sharpening in ffdshow when i encode, would it have a sharpening effect on the encoded video?

Atak_Snajpera
6th January 2009, 17:27
Only when script uses DirectShowSource

was just interested what atak thought, not even sure if he has a 64 bit os!
At the moment I have only Vista 32bit but with your help (testing) I could add this. Up to 15% faster encoding looks really nice.

picman1
6th January 2009, 17:33
Hi,

Is there any future consideration of allowing LPCM files to be passed through and having an output file of .ts? This would save time remuxing time for creating PS3 streaming files. Thank you.

Atak_Snajpera
6th January 2009, 17:36
is this feature available in the ripbot GUI?
MKV , MP4 and few other formats are automatically decoded via DirectShowSource.

Is there any future consideration of allowing LPCM files to be passed through and having an output file of .ts?
Maybe, maybe not. i haven't decided yet.

picman1
6th January 2009, 17:47
If you decide to go ahead it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

screaming
7th January 2009, 05:08
I seem to be having a problem only with audio that's in E-AC3. Below is the log for eac3to:

eac3to v2.87
command line: "C:\Program Files\RipBot264\Tools\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "G:\" 1) 3: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv" -seekToIFrames 4: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.eac3.flac" 2: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt" -progressnumbers
EVO, 1 video track, 5 audio tracks, 4 subtitle tracks, 2:25:27
"Feature Presentation"
2: Chapters, 48 chapters with names
3: VC-1, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9) with pulldown flags
4: E-AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
5: E-AC3 Surround, French, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
6: E-AC3 Surround, Spanish, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
7: E-AC3 Surround, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
"Cast and crew commentary"
8: E-AC3 Surround, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
"Cop and crook commentary"
9: Subtitle, English
10: Subtitle, English, "SDH"
11: Subtitle, French
12: Subtitle, Spanish
Disabling DRC for Nero (E-)AC3 decoding...
Creating file "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt"...
[v03] Removing VC-1 pulldown...
[a04] Decoding with DirectShow (Nero Audio Decoder 2)...
[a04] The FLAC encoder didn't receive the format information.
Aborted at file position 19882702848.

Any ideas? Perhaps I need to re-install something?

melmac77
7th January 2009, 10:53
Hi All
I am new to ripbot and so far have done a few HD DVD to MKV no problem awesome program however when I try to do a standard dvd it crops my output to 4:3 instead of keeping it exactly as the original was. This also occured when I tried did a mpg same thing cropped to 4:3. I suspect that this is due to the flag of what the imput file size is is not being passed into Ripbot by FFDShow I hope that makes sense I'm fairly new to encoding. I think that 5something that should be ticked in either FFDSHOW or Haail and is not, hopefully someone could tell me what that would be
Thanks in advance
Mel

Some help Please :(
I have used the installer to upgrade to the newest version of ripbot and FFDShow(2547) but I still cannot get a Std dvd to come out right HDVD and Bluray I do no problem. I ripped Flying High standard DVD to the harddrive with AnydvdHD play one of the VOBs yep full screen looks good, open ripbot load it in go to properties accept default no resize no crop preview and boom 4:3 again where am I going wrong !
Any help greatly appreciated i am quietly going mad here :(
Mel

~bT~
7th January 2009, 11:09
after ripbot creates the d2v file, open it in notepad and copy paste 1st few lines here.

example:

Stream_Type=1
MPEG_Type=2
iDCT_Algorithm=6
YUVRGB_Scale=1
Luminance_Filter=0,0
Clipping=0,0,0,0
Aspect_Ratio=16:9
Picture_Size=720x576
Field_Operation=0
Frame_Rate=25000 (25/1)
Location=0,0,3,6a1ce

edit: sd pal & sd ntsc resize is not correct for vobs. just checked it myself but sd pc is correct.

~bT~
7th January 2009, 13:24
SD PAL - 720/436=1.65 = INCORRECT
SD NTSC - 720/362=1.98 = INCORRECT
SD PC - 640/272=2.35 = CORRECT

Should be (excluding borders):

SD PAL - 720/304=2.36

easiest way is to simply resize (no cropping) to 720x400+PAL/NTSC borders.

example:

#Resize
video=Spline36Resize(video,720,400).AddBorders(0,40,0,40)

#Resize
video=Spline36Resize(video,720,400).AddBorders(0,88,0,88)

juGGaKNot
7th January 2009, 13:36

Should be (excluding borders):

SD PAL - 720/304=2.36

easiest way is to simply resize (no cropping) to 720x400+PAL/NTSC borders.

example:

#Resize
video=Spline36Resize(video,720,400).AddBorders(0,40,0,40)

#Resize
video=Spline36Resize(video,720,400).AddBorders(0,88,0,88)

spline64 is better for downsampling ( avisynth 2.5.8 )

^ it was an example and also it wasn't downsampled :)

not forgetting, i aint upgraded yet, waiting for the MT patch.

True :D

~bT~
7th January 2009, 14:10
^ it was an example and also it wasn't downsampled :)

not forgetting, i aint upgraded yet, waiting for the MT patch.

deets
7th January 2009, 15:36
id be happy to test any 64 bit additions :)

Atak_Snajpera
7th January 2009, 20:58
Have you ever heard about anamorphic resolution and --sar switch in x264?!?!

SD PAL -> --sar 1422:1000 = 1.422*720 = 1024 / 436 = 2.35 !!!
SD NTSC -> --sar 1185:1000 = 1.185*720 = 853 / 362 = 2.36 !!! (tiny error)

Any help greatly appreciated i am quietly going mad here
START ENCODING AND YOU WILL SEE THAT FINAL FILE WILL HAVE CORRECT ASPECT RATIO!!! Don't worry about preview in this case!

screaming
7th January 2009, 22:27
Now even selecting a TrueHD track isn't working. If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.

eac3to v2.87
command line: "C:\Program Files\RipBot264\Tools\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "G:\" 1) 3: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv" -seekToIFrames 4: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.eac3.flac" 10: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\subtitle.1.sup" 2: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt" -progressnumbers
EVO, 1 video track, 6 audio tracks, 10 subtitle tracks, 1:57:36
"Blade Runner Final Feature"
2: Chapters, 37 chapters with names
4: E-AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB, -5ms
5: TrueHD, English, 5.1 channels, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB, -1ms
6: E-AC3, French, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB, -5ms
7: E-AC3, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB, -21ms
"Commentary #1"
8: E-AC3, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB, -21ms
"Commentary #2"
9: E-AC3, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB, -21ms
"Commentary #3"
13: Subtitle, Japanese
14: Subtitle, Chinese, "Chinese"
15: Subtitle, Korean
16: Subtitle, Portuguese
17: Subtitle, Japanese, "Commentary #1"
18: Subtitle, Japanese, "Commentary #3"
19: Subtitle, Japanese, "Commentary #2"
[s10] Extracting subtitle track number 10...
[s10] Creating file "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\subtitle.1.sup"...
Aborted at file position 20381827072.

I seem to be having a problem only with audio that's in E-AC3. Below is the log for eac3to:

eac3to v2.87
command line: "C:\Program Files\RipBot264\Tools\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "G:\" 1) 3: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv" -seekToIFrames 4: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.eac3.flac" 2: "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt" -progressnumbers
EVO, 1 video track, 5 audio tracks, 4 subtitle tracks, 2:25:27
"Feature Presentation"
2: Chapters, 48 chapters with names
4: E-AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
5: E-AC3 Surround, French, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
6: E-AC3 Surround, Spanish, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
7: E-AC3 Surround, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
"Cast and crew commentary"
8: E-AC3 Surround, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
"Cop and crook commentary"
9: Subtitle, English
Aborted at file position 19882702848.

Any ideas? Perhaps I need to re-install something?

gyrene2083
7th January 2009, 22:41
Atak, I'm sure you heard this already but this is a fantastic program. Kudos to you. For me, this is a long long way from making VCD's, lol... I was able to re-encode The Dark Knight. I got it down to about 9 gigs, and I was truly impressed, that it kept the letterbox scenes and switched to full screen without a hitch. I couldn't tell if I was watching the blu-ray disk itself! I tried using HB and it took about 17 hours, and it didn't keep format of the movie, could be that since I'm still learning that I didn't know what I was doing but it did a decent job, and i was left with a 12 gig file. This only took me about 15 hours.

Here are my specs CoreDuo E8400 3.0ghz, 4gb Ram, running on Vista Ultimate x64. Anyway just wanted to say thank you, and great job!!!

Atak_Snajpera
7th January 2009, 23:18
Now even selecting a TrueHD track isn't working. If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.
Temporary remove Nero Audio Decoder 2

asarian
8th January 2009, 00:23

Try adding "-libav" to the eac3to command line, to bypass Nero.

~bT~
8th January 2009, 00:31
Have you ever heard about anamorphic resolution and --sar switch in x264?!?!

SD PAL -> --sar 1422:1000 = 1.422*720 = 1024 / 436 = 2.35 !!!
SD NTSC -> --sar 1185:1000 = 1.185*720 = 853 / 362 = 2.36 !!! (tiny error)

START ENCODING AND YOU WILL SEE THAT FINAL FILE WILL HAVE CORRECT ASPECT RATIO!!! Don't worry about preview in this case!i have heard of anamorphic encoding ;)

it doesn't work dude.. tried it 3 times. once without any crop or resize, once with resize and finally once with crop and resize.
tried mp4 and mkv. cheers!

"C:\Program Files\RipBot264\tools\x264\x264.exe" "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" --crf 22 --sar 1185:1000 --level 3.0 --vbv-bufsize 5000 --vbv-maxrate 12000 --no-cabac --filter 0,0 --ref 1 --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --weightb --direct auto --subme 7 --partitions p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,p4x4, --me umh --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.264"

Atak_Snajpera
8th January 2009, 00:41
it doesn't work dude.. tried it 3 times. once without any crop or resize, once with resize and finally once with crop and resize.
tried mp4 and mkv. cheers!

So How will you explain this (.VOB 720x480 letterbox with aspect ratio 2.35:1)
http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/3735/new1wc8.th.png (http://img386.imageshack.us/my.php?image=new1wc8.png)

Let me guess ! Stupid AppleTV does not care about sar values :)

~bT~
8th January 2009, 00:46
let me try again...

edit: yes, its the Apple-TV profile.. lol!
tried bluray and it was perfect!

screaming
8th January 2009, 05:23
Temporary remove Nero Audio Decoder 2

I found the .ax file for Nero Audio Decoder and renamed it. I tried again, and it looks like it reverted to libav, but then failed. I am screwed!

eac3to v2.87
EVO, 1 video track, 6 audio tracks, 10 subtitle tracks, 1:57:36
"Blade Runner Final Feature"
2: Chapters, 37 chapters with names
4: E-AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB, -5ms
5: TrueHD, English, 5.1 channels, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB, -1ms
6: E-AC3, French, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB, -5ms
7: E-AC3, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB, -21ms
"Commentary #1"
8: E-AC3, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB, -21ms
"Commentary #2"
9: E-AC3, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB, -21ms
"Commentary #3"
13: Subtitle, Japanese
14: Subtitle, Chinese, "Chinese"
15: Subtitle, Korean
16: Subtitle, Portuguese
17: Subtitle, Japanese, "Commentary #1"
18: Subtitle, Japanese, "Commentary #3"
19: Subtitle, Japanese, "Commentary #2"
[a04] The Nero decoder doesn't seem to work, will use libav instead.
[a04] Creating file "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.eac3.flac"...
[a04] Clipping detected, a 2nd pass will be necessary.
[a04] Starting 2nd pass...
[a04] Creating file "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.eac3.flac"...
[a04] The FLAC encoder's verifyer detected a data mismatch.
Aborted at file position 15138252800.

Espio
8th January 2009, 09:42
"BePipe.exe - Application Error
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135)."

Any reason this might be happening? Windows XP SP3, using the newest version (1.12.0), the audio seems to be Vorbis.

juGGaKNot
8th January 2009, 11:03
Just got a 1920x1080 benq e2200HD 22' LCD monitor

I must say that the videos encoded with ripbot look much better than the ones done with old methods ( bat r600 and megui r 800 ) that are in the cs encoding world.

Cheers for your work on ripbot.

melmac77
8th January 2009, 13:36
after ripbot creates the d2v file, open it in notepad and copy pa7ste 1st few lines here.

[QUOTE=Atak_Snajpera;1233798
START ENCODING AND YOU WILL SEE THAT FINAL FILE WILL HAVE CORRECT ASPECT RATIO!!! Don't worry about preview in this case![/QUOTE]

Hi all thanks for the reply I ignored preview and encoded file I select do not crop do not resize result was squished to 4:3. d2v file below
DGIndexProjectFile16
D:\Workingfolder\flying1\FLYING_HIGH\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_1.VOB
D:\Workingfolder\flying1\FLYING_HIGH\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_2.VOB
D:\Workingfolder\flying1\FLYING_HIGH\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_3.VOB
D:\Workingfolder\flying1\FLYING_HIGH\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_4.VOB
D:\Workingfolder\flying1\FLYING_HIGH\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_5.VOB

Stream_Type=1
MPEG_Type=2
iDCT_Algorithm=6
YUVRGB_Scale=1
Luminance_Filter=0,0
Clipping=0,0,0,0
Picture_Size=720x576
Field_Operation=0
Frame_Rate=25000 (25/1)
Location=0,0,4,1bb11

Not quite sure where I'm going wrong hard to beleive HDVD and blurays worked so easy but standard DVD is causing me so much trouble obviously something in my system is not set right hopefully you might be able to tell me where
Thanks in advance
Mel

Ween
8th January 2009, 18:31
I have a computer that encodes and merges the files just fine... but the gui says "merging..." in the bottom left corner and doesnt move on to process the next file. The merge is complete however and the file is finished. I also have x264 crashes on a separate computer (but not the merging... problem). Anyone have a clue?

~bT~
9th January 2009, 01:09
^ do u have the log folder in place? i had the same problem a while back where the log folder disappeared and it would hang on muxing.

Ween
9th January 2009, 02:05
^ do u have the log folder in place? i had the same problem a while back where the log folder disappeared and it would hang on muxing.

Where is the default log folder? I am assuming its not where I unzip'd the files.

~bT~
9th January 2009, 02:40
http://thumbnails4.imagebam.com/2311/f6142e23102260.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/f6142e23102260)

alc0re
9th January 2009, 03:13
Atak...when you specify bluray as output...it muxes with tsMuxer if I'm not mistaken (I see the app in the ripbot folders and the log mentions using tsMuxer.) Do you set any special options for txMuxer that are not default? Like for example on video streams the following options are on by default : Add picture timing info and continually insert SPS/PPS and use async I/O. Do you keep those on or do you turn them off?

Or maybe you can help answer my real question that I've asked in a few other forums with no answer.

Here is it : I hope you don't take offense but I don't really use RipBot264 currently, although its a great solution and I may start using it. Right now I transcode blurays to AVCHDs targeted to fit on a dual layer dvd using eac3to, megui, suprip, and tsmuxer. Basically I'm just doing what RipBot264 does, but manually. I have an issue though. My transcoded blurays...the video stutters when I'm playing them on my Panasonic bluray player with the way I've been transcoding them. I rip streams using eac3to, transcode the video with MeGUI using Ryu77's avchd profile. I resize the video down to 1280x720 with a bitrate to fit on a dual layer dvd. i then mux the streams back to a bluray structure using tsMuxer. But the video stutters. Its not a FPS issue...im transcoding @ 23.976 FPS. Its something else. For the hell of it this morning I tried something different. I transcoded the matrix 3 using ripbot. I used your bluray profile. I set it for bluray output and set the target size to a single layer dvd. I burnt that and tested it and there's no stuttering. So I'm trying to figure out what RipBot264 is doing that the video is smooth that I'm not doing correctly with MeGUI doing the transcoding. Any ideas? My only guesses are 1) the x264 encoding/profile settings 2) the level (your bluray profile is high@L4.0 and the one I'm using with MeGUI is high@L4.1) 3) The muxing process with tsMuxer 4) The bitrate. To fit it on a single layer dvd the bitrate is like 3800 which is pretty far below my normal transcoding bitrate or 5) the medium. I burned RipBot's output to a single layer verbatim disc and my normal ones are burnt to a dual layer memorex dvd (before I researched and found that verbatim make better blank dvds.)

Any input would be much appreciated.

EDIT/UPDATE : Nevermind...I figured it out. It was the level. I took one of the movies that was stuttering and demuxed the tracks out. I then re-muxed it with tsRemux and checked the option to change the level from 4.1 to 4.0. It now plays just like its supposed to on my panasonic bd35.

Ween
9th January 2009, 03:46
http://thumbnails4.imagebam.com/2311/f6142e23102260.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/f6142e23102260)

Yea, I figured that out after I went hunting.. and yes, it works perfectly. Thank you very much for your response.

prettyboy85712
9th January 2009, 04:19
Encountering problems trying to encode Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles BD. I've ripped the disk to my hard drive using AnyDVDHD. I encoded the 3 episodes and they wound up with black bars on the left and right side of the image. http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=0d8915707b1ee678d2db6fb9a8902bda

If I encode a single episode straight to Blu-ray disk the bars are gone, but if I encode more than one episode the bars appear.

C:\>"C:\RipBot264\tools\x264\x264.exe" "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" --pass 1 --bitrate 3793 --stats "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats" --sar 1185:1000 --level 4.1 --vbv-bufsize 30000 --vbv-maxrate 30000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --mixed-refs --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --weightb --direct auto --subme 7 --trellis 1 --partitions all --8x8dct --me umh --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --partitions none --subme 3 --me dia --output "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264"

avis [info]: 720x480 @ 23.98 fps (61039 frames)

x264 [info]: using SAR=237/200

x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 PHADD SSE4.2

x264 [info]: profile High, level 4.1

x264 [info]: slice I:834 Avg QP:12.16 size: 51373

x264 [info]: slice P:26566 Avg QP:13.45 size: 27484

x264 [info]: slice B:33639 Avg QP:14.84 size: 12666

x264 [info]: consecutive B-frames: 14.2% 29.9% 12.2% 43.7%

x264 [info]: mb I I16..4: 24.0% 25.6% 50.4%

x264 [info]: mb P I16..4: 29.7% 0.0% 0.0% P16..4: 63.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% skip: 7.3%

x264 [info]: mb B I16..4: 8.8% 0.0% 0.0% B16..8: 39.9% 0.0% 0.0% direct:32.0% skip:19.3% L0:36.3% L1:25.6% BI:38.1%

x264 [info]: final ratefactor: 14.71

x264 [info]: 8x8 transform intra:1.8% inter:32.8%

x264 [info]: direct mvs spatial:99.5% temporal:0.5%

x264 [info]: ref P L0 69.7% 17.9% 12.5%

x264 [info]: ref B L0 75.8% 24.2%

x264 [info]: kb/s:3768.0

encoded 61039 frames, 24.29 fps, 3768.07 kb/s

This is driving crazy and I can't figure it out.

Espio
9th January 2009, 07:55
"BePipe.exe - Application Error
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135)."

Any reason this might be happening? Windows XP SP3, using the newest version (1.12.0), the audio seems to be Vorbis.

Apparently just running BePipe on its own causes it to crash, as well.

iwens
9th January 2009, 08:56
After finding out what to do to get files who play on my tvix 4100 i started to recode my blue-ray colection.

But i have now had 3 times that it seems like the second or first pass failes. When i am at my comp watching i notice this becouse the fps shoot's to 88 fps.

last night i loaded the 11 collection's in ripbot which takes some time becouse u need to analyze every file 1 by 1. When i came back this morning it finished 6 files which is weird becouse every recode last 9 hours. So i checked the file and it was very small in mediainfo it showed the following info.

General
ID : 1
Complete name : D:\backup\04-11 Caves.bluray\BDMV\STREAM\00001.m2ts
Format : BDAV
Format/Info : BluRay Video
File size : 262 MiB
Duration : 48mn 45s
Overall bit rate : 752 Kbps
Maximum Overall bit rate : 35.5 Mbps

Video
ID : 4113 (0x1011)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Bit rate : 73.4 Kbps

Audio
ID : 4352 (0x1100)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Duration : 48mn 45s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 640 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Surround: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz

So clearly wrong as the video is empty. I tried to create an blue-ray file actually i only need the m2ts file to remux to ts but no ts output option in ripbot264.

Also there was no log in ripbot264 log directory of the failing recode's. Not shure what info u need further but can provide u with anything u need if not already here.

The system is clean btw becouse i multiboot i only have ripbot installed with the installer provided in the forum.

I have compressed the files in my temp folder of the failing job. Which u can download at: job4.rar (http://www.xs4all.nl/~iwens/files/job4.rar)

If u need any further info let me know.

Atak_Snajpera
9th January 2009, 12:07
Apparently just running BePipe on its own causes it to crash, as well.
This will solve your problem
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=E3821449-3C6B-42F1-9FD9-0041345B3385&displaylang=en

Encountering problems trying to encode Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles BD. I've ripped the disk to my hard drive using AnyDVDHD. I encoded the 3 episodes and they wound up with black bars on the left and right side of the image
I need sample of source. Everything should be ok. --sar 1185:1000 is present so output resolution should be 16:9 (853:480). However I have the same problem with your sample.

but if I encode more than one episode the bars appear.
What do ou mean exactly?

prettyboy85712
9th January 2009, 14:00
I need sample of source. Everything should be ok. --sar 1185:1000 is present so output resolution should be 16:9 (853:480). However I have the same problem with your sample.

What do ou mean exactly?

Here is a sample of the source. LINK (http://www.mediafire.com/?mg32mjg3yyn)

Let me clarify. If I point RipBot264 to the full rip of the disk it recognizes the 3 episodes as the main feature. At this point everything appears to be normal. I setup my parameters(the script provided) and output to Blu-ray disk. The result is black bars on the entire encode. I then tried encoding only a single episode and output to Blu-ray disk and the encode turned out perfect. So, I can encode one episode per disk with correct results, but not all 3 together.

laserfan
9th January 2009, 16:06
Atak...when you specify bluray as output...it muxes with tsMuxer if I'm not mistaken (I see the app in the ripbot folders and the log mentions using tsMuxer.) Do you set any special options for txMuxer that are not default?...I don't really use RipBot264 currently, although its a great solution and I may start using it...
Virtually everything RipBot264 does is readily exposed in the Temp files it creates, including your question about tsMuxeR. Just check "keep those files" and examine them and all will be revealed.

mochevolete
9th January 2009, 19:19
:) ...
Hi Atak, could you please have a look at my log file, I get this warning about the size and bitrate 95% of the encodings ... :(

:\>"C:\DL\RipBot264v1.12.0\tools\x264\x264.exe" "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" --pass 1 --bitrate 16249 --stats "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats" --sar 1:1 --level 4.0 --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --mixed-refs --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --weightb --direct auto --subme 7 --trellis 1 --partitions all --8x8dct --me umh --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --partitions none --subme 3 --me dia --output "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264"

avis [info]: 1920x1080 @ 23.98 fps (218978 frames)

x264 [info]: using SAR=1/1

x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 Cache64

x264 [info]: profile High, level 4.0

x264 [info]: slice I:877 Avg QP:13.97 size: 12775

x264 [info]: slice P:55181 Avg QP:13.96 size: 63

x264 [info]: slice B:162920 Avg QP:12.00 size: 51

x264 [info]: consecutive B-frames: 0.4% 0.0% 0.0% 99.6%

x264 [info]: mb I I16..4: 98.8% 0.0% 1.2%

x264 [info]: mb P I16..4: 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% P16..4: 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% skip:100.0%

x264 [info]: mb B I16..4: 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% B16..8: 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% direct: 0.0% skip:100.0% L0:67.1% L1:32.9% BI: 0.0%

x264 [info]: final ratefactor: -39.15

x264 [info]: 8x8 transform intra:0.0% inter:41.5%

x264 [info]: direct mvs spatial:0.0% temporal:100.0%

x264 [info]: ref B L0 99.0% 1.0%

x264 [info]: kb/s:20.1

encoded 218978 frames, 27.68 fps, 23.65 kb/s

C:\>"C:\DL\RipBot264v1.12.0\tools\x264\x264.exe" "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" --pass 2 --bitrate 16249 --stats "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats" --sar 1:1 --level 4.0 --vbv-bufsize 25000 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --mixed-refs --bframes 3 --b-adapt 1 --weightb --direct auto --subme 7 --trellis 1 --partitions all --8x8dct --me umh --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264"

avis [info]: 1920x1080 @ 23.98 fps (218978 frames)

x264 [warning]: target: 16249.00 kbit/s, expected: 20.17 kbit/s, avg QP: 10.0000

x264 [warning]: try reducing target bitrate or reducing qp_min (currently 10)

x264 [info]: profile High, level 4.0

Atak_Snajpera
9th January 2009, 19:35
Did you get picture in preview?

mochevolete
9th January 2009, 20:00
the above log was a BR downsizing and the only way I could make it work has been to demux the video with eac3to before the encoding, and after a whooping 40hrs of encoding (I have a E6400, 2GB, on Vista 32) I got my video re-encoded.

Right now I'm trying to reencode a 5GB m2ts files with BR extras to 1GB mkv, Ripbot reports 23,976fps, but the VC-1 video is actually 29,97fps (reported by yor Mediainfo), BTW after 2 tries the result is a tiny 50MB little file :(, and the preview, using a slight modified profile, is working good

Nik

melmac77
10th January 2009, 00:36
Hi all thanks for the reply I ignored preview and encoded file I select do not crop do not resize result was squished to 4:3. d2v file below

DGIndexProjectFile16
D:\Workingfolder\flying1\FLYING_HIGH\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_1.VOB
D:\Workingfolder\flying1\FLYING_HIGH\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_2.VOB
D:\Workingfolder\flying1\FLYING_HIGH\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_3.VOB
D:\Workingfolder\flying1\FLYING_HIGH\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_4.VOB
D:\Workingfolder\flying1\FLYING_HIGH\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_5.VOB

Stream_Type=1
MPEG_Type=2
iDCT_Algorithm=6
YUV7RGB_Scale=1
Luminance_Filter=0,0
Clipping=0,0,0,0
Picture_Size=720x576
Field_Operation=0
Frame_Rate=25000 (25/1)
Location=0,0,4,1bb11

Not quite sure where I'm going wrong hard to beleive HDVD and blurays worked so easy but standard DVD is causing me so much trouble obviously something in my system is not set right hopefully you might be able to tell me where
Thanks in advance
Mel

Hi all does ny one have any thoughts on where i'm going wrong re above I have tried other standard dvds but am having the same problems with those
mel

Atak_Snajpera
10th January 2009, 01:02
create 50mb sample from first .vob. you can use DGsplit.
send sample to www.mediafire.com

vman9999
10th January 2009, 05:19
Hi,

I'm getting this error "mp4box has stopped working" in the final stages of an AppleTV conversion within RipBot.

It seems to be happening with select videos but it consistantly happens with those videos.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

mochevolete
10th January 2009, 07:10
unfortunately I had the same undersized result with the last encode:
C:\>"C:\DL\RipBot264v1.12.0\tools\x264\x264.exe" "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" --pass 1 --bitrate 4096 --stats "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats" --sar 1:1 --level 4.1 --vbv-bufsize 50000 --vbv-maxrate 50000 --filter 0,0 --ref 4 --mixed-refs --bframes 4 --b-adapt 1 --weightb --direct auto --subme 7 --trellis 1 --partitions all --8x8dct --me umh --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --partitions none --subme 3 --me dia --output "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264"

avis [info]: 1920x1080 @ 23.98 fps (44027 frames)

x264 [info]: slice I:178 Avg QP:13.96 size: 12663

x264 [info]: slice P:8807 Avg QP:13.96 size: 66

x264 [info]: slice B:35042 Avg QP:12.00 size: 51

x264 [info]: consecutive B-frames: 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 1.6% 98.4%

x264 [info]: mb I I16..4: 98.8% 0.0% 1.2%

x264 [info]: mb P I16..4: 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% P16..4: 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% skip:100.0%

x264 [info]: mb B I16..4: 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% B16..8: 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% direct: 0.0% skip:100.0% L0: 0.0% L1:100.0% BI: 0.0%

x264 [info]: final ratefactor: -27.14

x264 [info]: 8x8 transform intra:0.0% inter:14.3%

x264 [info]: ref P L0 100.0% 0.0% 0.0%

x264 [info]: kb/s:20.1

encoded 44027 frames, 25.67 fps, 23.64 kb/s

C:\>"C:\DL\RipBot264v1.12.0\tools\x264\x264.exe" "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" --pass 2 --bitrate 4096 --stats "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats" --sar 1:1 --level 4.1 --vbv-bufsize 50000 --vbv-maxrate 50000 --filter 0,0 --ref 4 --mixed-refs --bframes 4 --b-adapt 1 --weightb --direct auto --subme 7 --trellis 1 --partitions all --8x8dct --me umh --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264"

avis [info]: 1920x1080 @ 23.98 fps (44027 frames)

x264 [warning]: target: 4096.00 kbit/s, expected: 20.22 kbit/s, avg QP: 10.0000

x264 [warning]: try reducing target bitrate or reducing qp_min (currently 10)

x264 [info]: slice I:178 Avg QP:41.66 size: 10420

x264 [info]: slice P:8807 Avg QP:43.56 size: 3096

x264 [info]: slice B:35042 Avg QP:46.59 size: 953

x264 [info]: consecutive B-frames: 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 1.6% 98.4%

x264 [info]: mb I I16..4: 34.8% 64.9% 0.3%

x264 [info]: mb P I16..4: 4.2% 3.2% 0.0% P16..4: 14.5% 0.2% 0.1% 0.0% 0.0% skip:77.7%

x264 [info]: mb B I16..4: 0.1% 0.1% 0.0% B16..8: 12.2% 0.0% 0.0% direct: 0.0% skip:87.6% L0:37.2% L1:62.6% BI: 0.1%

x264 [info]: 8x8 transform intra:47.3% inter:97.9%

x264 [info]: ref P L0 65.4% 17.4% 12.5% 4.7%

x264 [info]: ref B L0 82.9% 10.3% 6.8%

x264 [info]: kb/s:272.4

encoded 44027 frames, 6.26 fps, 272.53 kb/s

C:\>"C:\DL\RipBot264v1.12.0\tools\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "C:\00036.mkv" --default-duration 0:23.976fps -d 0 -A -S "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264" --sync 0:0 -a 0 -D -S "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.ac3" --chapters "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\chapters.txt"

mkvmerge v2.4.0 ('Fumbling Towards Ecstasy') built on Oct 11 2008 20:10:57

'C:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264': Using the AVC/h.264 ES demultiplexer.

'C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.ac3': Using the AC3 demultiplexer.

'C:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264' track 0: Extracted the aspect ratio information from the MPEG-4 layer 10 (AVC) video data and set the display dimensions to 1920/1080.

'C:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264' track 0: Using the MPEG-4 part 10 ES video output module.

'C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.ac3' track 0: Using the AC3 output module.

The file 'C:\00036.mkv' has been opened for writing.

The cue entries (the index) are being written...

Muxing took 39 seconds.

what's that qp_min value ? how can I prevent this ?

melmac77
10th January 2009, 11:28
create 50mb sample from first .vob. you can use DGsplit.
send sample to www.mediafire.com

Hi
Sample created
http://www.mediafire.com/?vmglzu9xmzx
thanks
Mel

jtheripper
10th January 2009, 20:24
Tested ripbot 12.0 on windows 7 64 bit worked perfectly

Atak_Snajpera
10th January 2009, 22:05
@melmac77
Does it look like 4:3 for you?
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/4027/16896655gc1.th.png (http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=16896655gc1.png)

CyberTron88
11th January 2009, 01:25
Is the tesa algorithm activated by default? Does it improve the encoding quality?

melmac77
11th January 2009, 01:49
@melmac77
Does it look like 4:3 for you?
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/4027/16896655gc1.th.png (http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=16896655gc1.png)

nope it looks beautiful so what is causing mine to come out 4:3 ! I have the latest ripbot installed with the installer I figure it has got to be something in ffdshow but I dont know where to look :(

nwg
11th January 2009, 03:25
I am still impressed with this software but it would really great if it automatically muxed the original sup subtitle files instead of using srt's. I have to use txmuxer again on its own to incorpate the sup's as I find suprip too inaccurate. It is also nice to have the original fonts.

~bT~
11th January 2009, 03:33
nope it looks beautiful so what is causing mine to come out 4:3 ! I have the latest ripbot installed with the installer I figure it has got to be something in ffdshow but I dont know where to look :(
delete the mplayerc.ini file from tools folder and retry (have you tried the encoded file in any other player?)

if you still get no joy...

uninstall ffdshow, reinstall ffdshow and reset settings.

bigggt
11th January 2009, 13:00
delete the mplayerc.ini file from tools folder and retry (have you tried the encoded file in any other player?)

what settings are you supposed to use with ffdshow , i seen it in this thread but can't find it

thanks

melmac77
11th January 2009, 13:21

Bt Thank you so much for trying to help. Deleting the mplayerc.ini file worked !! I am now busy making mkv's for the tvix thank you :)
:thanks:

Mel

prettyboy85712
11th January 2009, 15:49

Wow. This seems to have correct my problem with Terminator:The Sarah Connor Chronicles. :thanks:

update.

My mkv files are now encoded with the correct aspect ratio of 16/9, but it appears that tsmuxer when I append the files and covert them to Blu-ray they are changing to 4:3. Strange

mochevolete
11th January 2009, 17:03
after getting almost mad I've figure out that under Xp everything works as expected, so there's something wrong under Vista...
what could cause the ultra low bitrate used during the encodes under Vista ?
Avisynth ? ffdshow ?
obviously I have the latest and suggested revs. installed ...

wich tool is used in the very firts part of the analyzing that decide the wrong bitrate to use later ?

Nik

survivant001
11th January 2009, 22:08
bug when m2ts splitting activated and when target sine is smaller than the split value. EX : I put split a 4 gigs. but my target is 1500 gigs.

the results is :

C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1>"D:\DVD-tools\RipBot264v1.12.0\tools\tsmuxer\tsmuxer.
exe" "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\tsmuxer.meta" "C:\i-septic.bluray"
SmartLabs tsMuxeR. Version 1.8.8(b) http://www.smlabs.net
Decoding H264 stream (track 1): Profile: High@4.0 Resolution: 1280:688p Frame
rate: 23.976
0.0% complete
Too small split interval

tsmuxer.meta
MUXOPT --no-pcr-on-video-pid --new-audio-pes --blu-ray --vbr --auto-chapters=5 --split-size=4GiBGiB --vbv-len=500
V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC, "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264", fps=23.976, insertSEI, contSPS
A_AC3, "C:\temp\RipBot264temp\audio.ac3"

you should check if the target < target.. then no split.

thehuey
12th January 2009, 19:56
I have a question. I've been using RipBot264 for quite some time and only recently did it start to not work.

Here's what happens:

After about ~4 successful uses on a fresh install of Windows/FFDshow/Avisynth/Haali Media Splitter, when it finishes demuxing an MKV, WMVHD, M2TS or "whatever" the case may be, it opens up MPC and spits out an ACM Wrapper::Output error and does absolutely nothing else. The files are deleted automatically from the temp folder where the demuxed files rest every time.

I change absolutely nothing. I've tried uninstalling FFDShow, Avisynth and Haali... I have no codec packs isntalled whatsoever. I've noticed it does this mostly on VC-1 sources but it has done it on a few AVC sources as well.

The only solution I've come up with thus far is a reformat on my PC. However, as one might imagine, that's a long and laborious process that isn't really worth it, in my opinion.

I've tried looking through the 180 pages, I've done a search on ACM Wrapper::Output and haven't come up with any solutions. Everything is set to decode with libavcodec.

Please, if you have any help whatsoever I'd greatly appreciate it. I really don't like reformatting everytime RipBot stops working correctly for me.