PDA

View Full Version : RipBot264 v1.18.3 - Simple and easy to use GUI -> IPOD . PSP . CONSOLES . BLURAY

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

zeus163
25th September 2008, 02:32
I seem to be having the same problem as others did a few pages back where ripbot appears to hang and do nothing after selecting a file. I've ripped my blu-ray Spiderwick Chronicles with AnyDVD. I then select the m2ts file and ripbot starts it's magic. It shows it demuxing video and then audio and even subtitles and then it just sits there and my only options are to abort or select another file. This process ran over night and nothing came up for me to select, specifically the blu-ray option. So, I started again before work and when I got home the same thing was going on--nothing.

I just put together a new machine especially for taking my blu-ray collection and converting them to avhc DVD's and now I'm stuck. It worked on my old machine, but 40 hours is way too long. Any ideas?

OK, nevermind, I figured out my problem. I recently re-installed my OS and copied the wrong plug-ins folder to my avisynth directory. One of the two I keep backed up causes avisynth to crash. Got it taken care of last night and the two pass encode was done when I got up this morning. Much faster than my 40 hours before.

juGGaKNot
25th September 2008, 17:00
Dont know why but now i get a stream error in the middle of the video, i preview the script in ripbot and its all k, all frames are there, also i can play the entire uncompressed video fine but when i render only half is the video, the rest this :

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll105/juGGaKNot4cs/aaaaaaaaa00210918-48-35.jpg

i have RipBot264v1.10.6 with

Avisynth_257
latest matroska splitter
and ffdshow_beta5_rev2033_20080705_clsid

LE : problem solved BUT

The main reason why i had the problem was :

DENOISE!

I wanted to show someone that ripbot has this filter so i went there and i chose film, then anime, then NONE

after this 3 bad encodes, so i chose NONE again and i have no problem now.

this i think was the problem.

irritant4
25th September 2008, 19:46
I have read most of this thread but haven't come across anyone else running into the same problem.

I am ripping BluRay to HD then using RB to "shrink" a 25GB+ movie to fit onto a 25GB single layer BD-R. RB does an excellent job re-encoding.

The problem is visible on all of my test encodes. Playback is not smooth. It looks as if it is dropping a single frame at regular intervals. This creates a very visible jerky playback in high motion scenes. I have tried several different RB configurations. CQ and 2-Pass yield the same results as far as rough playback. Everything else is perfect.

I would really appreciate some advice on this. This is the only problem that is preventing perfect backups.

Atak_Snajpera
25th September 2008, 22:15
how do you watch your backups?

irritant4
25th September 2008, 22:19
I watch all of my BD-R on a set top stand-alone BR player. I don't watch any on PCs.

Atak_Snajpera
25th September 2008, 22:37
What model do you have? Did you upgrade firmware? Could you also rip to DVD-DL (8150MB) or use lower bitrate something like 8192 kbps.

irritant4
25th September 2008, 22:54
I have a Philips BDP9000 with upgraded firmware. It really does look like it's missing a frame or it's doing some unnecessary blend(?) during the re-encode. The skipping/framedrop is completely consistent and doesn't appear to be a buffer issue. If it means anything, retail discs that can be simply remuxed to 25GB BD-R play perfectly on this player. I never tried a DVD-DL

Atak_Snajpera
25th September 2008, 23:03
send me 50 mb sample video.mkv from ripbot264temp directory. use www.mediafire.com

irritant4
26th September 2008, 04:03
Here's a sample from Transformers retail Blu-Ray (not HD-DVD): http://rapidshare.com/files/148422981/not_smooth_sample.ts or http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=43e0788e4ce3f415d2db6fb9a8902bda

This is 1080p 1920X1080 (film) encoded in 2-pass, locked size of 22000 & bitrate upped from 30000 (def) to 40000 since 30000 caused severe artifacts.

Buffalobiian
26th September 2008, 04:49
I'm trying to convert mkv files to mp4 using Ripbot.

After I load the video into ripbot, I select subtitles->"+"->"subtitle_1.srt(in the temp/job1 folder)

I label it english, and I see that the preview is what it's supposed to be.

I proceed to convert to mp4, but the output file doesn't have any subtitles.

Any help?

Shirokuu
26th September 2008, 09:29
Atak_Snajpera, you did a wonderful job with RipBot264! I've only recently discovered your conversion tool when looking for a nifty app that could convert anime fansubs to my iPhone 3G. It does the trick perfectly. Thank you, thank you! :) Long roadtrips aren't boring anymore.

binhex
26th September 2008, 10:51
I'm trying to convert mkv files to mp4 using Ripbot.

After I load the video into ripbot, I select subtitles->"+"->"subtitle_1.srt(in the temp/job1 folder)

I label it english, and I see that the preview is what it's supposed to be.

I proceed to convert to mp4, but the output file doesn't have any subtitles.

Any help?

im having the exact same issue, i realize the subtitles should be embedded into the mp4 but i cannot seem to get the subtitles to display, am i missing something here?, do i need to use a certain player in order to view subtitles? (currently using win media player). ive also noticed that the preview showing the content of the subtitles doesnt change if you have multiple jobs queued, for example if you set a job to encode, and then add a second job you can then see the two temporary "job" folders (job1, job2) if you then choose either folder the content of the subtitle seems to be the same, possible a bug i dunno?.

on another note i would just like to say a massive thanks to the author of this app, it really is fantastic!, standalone, reasonably quick and superb results, i couldnt be more impressed!.

cheers.

Atak_Snajpera
26th September 2008, 21:29
im having the exact same issue, i realize the subtitles should be embedded into the mp4 but i cannot seem to get the subtitles to display, am i missing something here?
Use MPC-HC instead of windows media player

ive also noticed that the preview showing the content of the subtitles doesnt change if you have multiple jobs queued, for example if you set a job to encode, and then add a second job you can then see the two temporary "job" folders (job1, job2) if you then choose either folder the content of the subtitle seems to be the same, possible a bug i dunno?.
It looks like a bug. Thanks!

Here's a sample from Transformers retail Blu-Ray
Question: Original sample should be in .m2ts so why did you remux that to transport stream????
The easiest way to rip Blu-Ray is:
1) install and execute AnyDVD HD
2) select any .m2ts file directly in RipBot264

http://rapidshare.com/files/14842298...ooth_sample.ts
provided sample plays smoothly on my PC . I tried both methods : decoding via FFDShow and graphic card (DXVA)

irritant4
26th September 2008, 21:34
Question: Original sample should be in .m2ts so why did you remux that to transport stream????
The easiest way to rip Blu-Ray is:
1) install and execute AnyDVD HD
2) select any .m2ts file directly in RipBot264

I ripped to HD first with AnyDVDHD. Then I opened RB. RB did the remuxing on it's own *shrug*. I have a bunch of rips on HD already. What's the steps when it's already ripped?

malgates
26th September 2008, 21:50
Hi,

I finally managed to encode it correct. Only problem I still have is that it takes too long. I have a AMD X2 3800+ and it takes 20 hours to encode the video. Is this nomal? I am Using 2Pass Encoding. This is slower I know.

2nd Problem: How can I add another Audiotrack? It only picks one Audio Track. Can I Mux it to the video afterwards?

Regards

Atak_Snajpera
26th September 2008, 22:00
Only problem I still have is that it takes too long. I have a AMD X2 3800+ and it takes 20 hours to encode the video. Is this nomal? I am Using 2Pass Encoding. This is slower I know
You want faster encoding ??? Quad-core is the answer! I have q6600@3Ghz and conversion is always ready when i wake up :)

2nd Problem: How can I add another Audiotrack? It only picks one Audio Track. Can I Mux it to the video afterwards?
Use mmg.exe from tools/mkvtoolnix

malgates
26th September 2008, 22:06
You want faster encoding ??? Quad-core is the answer! I have q6600@3Ghz and conversion is always ready when i wake up :)

Use mmg.exe from tools/mkvtoolnix

Argh .. now the file is too big for a dvd9 :-( and its an mkv again :-(

If I do a 1pass encode which quality should I use to get a file with roundabout 7 gigs? Or isn't this possible to predict?

Atak_Snajpera
26th September 2008, 22:13
If I do a 1pass encode which quality should I use to get a file with roundabout 7 gigs? Or isn't this possible to predict?
If Nostradamus was still alive I would ask him :)

over-killer
27th September 2008, 03:11
I'm trying to convert my copy of equilibrium from hddvd to bluray. For some reason when I put it into ripbot a horn blows and says there is only 450 frames. I am using version 1.10.6 and didn't have a problem with version 1.10.5 when I changed it to a bd9. What should I send you to trouble shoot this?

Thanks

8ternity
27th September 2008, 04:13
Hi Atak,

I would like to know, if i have an problem with sound encoded the the project with ripbot was done and have an audio bugs when bluray setting project has done.

Did i need to upgrade ffdshow with the latest CLSID version will correct the audio bug? The original mkv was okay i check it and my copy was not good.

Thanks.

malgates
27th September 2008, 08:22
I'm trying to convert my copy of equilibrium from hddvd to bluray. For some reason when I put it into ripbot a horn blows and says there is only 450 frames. I am using version 1.10.6 and didn't have a problem with version 1.10.5 when I changed it to a bd9. What should I send you to trouble shoot this?

Thanks

How can you convert a HD dvd to bluray with ripbot? Which file do you have to add?

Blue_MiSfit
27th September 2008, 10:46
I have a recent build of ffdshow tryouts (32 bit) installed on Vista x64, and Ripbot264 is complaining about ffdshow not being installed.

Is there a fix for this??

~MiSfit

Atak_Snajpera
27th September 2008, 11:22
I have a recent build of ffdshow tryouts (32 bit) installed on Vista x64, and Ripbot264 is complaining about ffdshow not being installed.

Is there a fix for this??
does this this key exist HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GNU\ffdshow in Vista x64? if not I need to know where ffdshow setup saves those keys.

richarddd
27th September 2008, 12:53
I've been using RibBot264 at 512 kbs bitrate for my ipod touch. Would I be better off with a CQ setting? If so, which one and why?

Globerex
27th September 2008, 13:18
Very nice GUI. Thanks for that.

Hopefully this wasn't ask bevor. I didn't find such a questiion via forum search and i denid to read 127 pages :D So please don't be angry if it is a FAQ:

Is it possible to implement an automatic interlace detection which can be switch on / off?
Maybe it is possible to implement a feature that allows to apply all settings including the AVS one's to a bunch of files? This might be usful to convert a set of DVB recodings which have all same quality, interlace and other settings.

At the moment i have here more the 30 Simpsons :D episodes and i have to apply all the settings to each of it to build my job queue for all of them.

Atak_Snajpera
27th September 2008, 13:38
I've been using RibBot264 at 512 kbs bitrate for my ipod touch. Would I be better off with a CQ setting? If so, which one and why?
512 kbps is ok for ipod touch.

Is it possible to implement an automatic interlace detection which can be switch on / off?
Maybe it is possible to implement a feature that allows to apply all settings including the AVS one's to a bunch of files? This might be usful to convert a set of DVB recodings which have all same quality, interlace and other settings.
automatic interlace detection would be easy to add (via MediaInfo for example) however from experience I know that it may cause some problems. I have few streams which are detected as interlace but in fact they are progressive (or progressive instead of interlace). That's why I prefer to just use my eyes.

survivant001
27th September 2008, 14:49
I have a request.

can you increase the width of the Window of Ripbot ? with the latest build, they add the file size, so we don't see the remaining time for the encoding

and to you have plan to release a new ripbot with tsmuxer 1.8.8 ?

Atak_Snajpera
27th September 2008, 15:16
and to you have plan to release a new ripbot with tsmuxer 1.8.8 ?
according to http://www.smlabs.net/tsmuxer_en.html 1.8.4 is the latest

can you increase the width of the Window of Ripbot ? with the latest build, they add the file size, so we don't see the remaining time for the encoding
yes

boissy
27th September 2008, 16:07
@Atak_Snajpera
"If you have installed codec packs like K-Lite , CCCP , Vista Codec Packs or similar UNINSTALL THEM IMEDIATELLY!"
Why did you say that,
is it just for Ripbot to work ?
Cause I'm running Vista, if I uninstall the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 4.1.4,
I'm not sure I can see videos with powerDVD or openning files with MeGUI

:devil:

NjB

Atak_Snajpera
27th September 2008, 16:10
@Atak_Snajpera
"If you have installed codec packs like K-Lite , CCCP , Vista Codec Packs or similar UNINSTALL THEM IMEDIATELLY!"
Why did you say that,
is it just for Ripbot to work ?
Cause I'm running Vista, if I uninstall the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 4.1.4,
I'm not sure I can see videos with powerDVD or openning files with MeGUI
if something will go wrong don't ask me for help.

richarddd
27th September 2008, 18:40
If I have a DVD with subs, how do I include the subs in the file output by RipBot?

~bT~
27th September 2008, 18:52

did a test encode.
video @ CQ 21 size = 214MB
same video @ 512Kbps size = 417MB

CQ 21 = lower file size and only 1 pass = a winner.
quality was better too.

survivant001
27th September 2008, 19:43
according to http://www.smlabs.net/tsmuxer_en.html 1.8.4 is the latest

I got the link there : http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1188709#post1188709

richarddd
27th September 2008, 19:59
did a test encode.

quality was better too.
I'll have to do some testing. It's very surprising that half the bitrate can be higher quality, especially if both are VBR.

Blue_MiSfit
27th September 2008, 20:34
The registry entries for ffdshow on 64 bit windows live in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->Wow6432Node->GNU->FFDSHOW

Note the Wow6432Node :)

-Derek

Atak_Snajpera
27th September 2008, 20:45
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->Wow6432Node->GNU->FFDSHOW
thanks

boissy
27th September 2008, 21:48
Is it the same registry entries in a 32 Bit windows machine under Vista

:confused:

Atak_Snajpera
27th September 2008, 21:54
Is it the same registry entries in a 32 Bit windows machine under Vista
nope...

over-killer
27th September 2008, 23:30
How can you convert a HD dvd to bluray with ripbot? Which file do you have to add?

I select main1.evo and ripbot will give you the option to select both files with chapters, audio and subs. It then will demux it and convert it with your options.

richarddd
27th September 2008, 23:55
If I have a DVD with subs, how do I include the subs in the file output by RipBot?
Use vobsub to create a .sub file, then point to that file using the subtitle part of the properties page.

richarddd
28th September 2008, 16:24
did a test encode.

quality was better too.
I did some test encodes with a few 5 minute or so clips. cq21 or cq22 tended to be much larger than 512 (in one case, cq22 was about the same size). In every case, quality was proportional to file size - bigger was better. I watched on PC, not on the Touch

pOpY
29th September 2008, 20:14
@Atak_Snajpera:

I have tried to load a .m2ts file in RipBot264. The file plays fine in mpc & powerdvd. After demuxing RipBot264 shows me a wrong duration & framecount (to less!!) of the movie.

After lokking at the batch file ripbot264 has created in the \jobX\ dirextory, ill found out that the program "dgavcdec" (DGAVCINDEX) get the m2ts infos.

I have installed the newer version (1.0.1) and loaded the file again. Now it works like a charm :rolleyes::rolleyes:

What i want to say: Please update dgavcdec in upcomming ripbot264 releases.

cu
pOpY

PS: Is a new ripbot264 release planned? If yes, when?

over-killer
29th September 2008, 23:23
Thank you for posting this!:) I have had the same problem and posted it on here twice, but no one had bothered to help. Once again THANK YOU!

@Atak_Snajpera:

I have tried to load a .m2ts file in RipBot264. The file plays fine in mpc & powerdvd. After demuxing RipBot264 shows me a wrong duration & framecount (to less!!) of the movie.

After lokking at the batch file ripbot264 has created in the \jobX\ dirextory, ill found out that the program "dgavcdec" (DGAVCINDEX) get the m2ts infos.

I have installed the newer version (1.0.1) and loaded the file again. Now it works like a charm :rolleyes::rolleyes:

cu
pOpY

PS: Is a new ripbot264 release planned? If yes, when?

Atak_Snajpera
29th September 2008, 23:55
New version was ready yesterday but I wanted to wait for new DGAVCDec 1.0.1 :) I will upload 1.10.7 tomorrow...

Ajax_Undone
30th September 2008, 00:00
Nice!:) I am going to get my old script out and get ready for it...:p

Wondering? Does it have an updater yet or is that still in the making?:rolleyes:

Atak_Snajpera
30th September 2008, 00:06
Wondering? Does it have an updater yet or is that still in the making?
I'm to lazy and like I said before I would need reliable server for updates. Few weeks ago I got some space here http://mirror05.x264.nl/Atak_Snajpera/ . However this was given just to test my new x264 website.

Ajax_Undone
30th September 2008, 00:09
Awe, lol its all good...

Love the site...

If I put the money into it, You mind using rented space...

These guys have excellent deals here in the US... http://www.3ix.org/

pOpY
30th September 2008, 11:06
Thank you for posting this!:) I have had the same problem and posted it on here twice, but no one had bothered to help. Once again THANK YOU!

no problem!

pOpY
30th September 2008, 11:07
New version was ready yesterday but I wanted to wait for new DGAVCDec 1.0.1 :) I will upload 1.10.7 tomorrow...

Thats gooooood news :p:p

Waiting for it!

Thanks man.
cu
pOpY

prettyboy85712
1st October 2008, 02:19
Atak,

Bravo on the update.

Thank you. :)

Ajax_Undone
1st October 2008, 07:17
Sorry it took so long had a busy day... New installer in My signature...

juGGaKNot
1st October 2008, 15:19
x264 is removing b-rdo and bime options this week. GUI makers, take note, and prepare patches.

subme6: RD on I/P frames
subme7: RD on all frames
subme8: RD refinement on I/P frames
subme9: RD refinement on all frames

new subme 6 = old subme 6
new subme 7 = old subme 6 + b-rdo
new subme 8 = old subme 7 + b-rdo
new subme 9 = didn't exist, RD refinement in B-frames is completely new.

Does this mean 1.10.8 when you have free time ?

Paddy97
1st October 2008, 16:15
The new version is a blast! Dear Atak_Snajpera, just as an update. I've had problems with audio sync issues with some Disney Blurays with the older versions. The new .7 version works flawlessly with no sync issues at all! Might have been the updated DGAVCDec or something else you did, it doesn't matter since its flawless now.

Thanks for all your time and effort into this wonderfull tool!

pOpY
1st October 2008, 17:24
Thanks for the Update. I will test it in the next days.

@Atak_Snajpera: It is possible to change RipBot264 that it doesnt demux the streams first. It took a while to demux it and after that i can make my settings. It is possible to change this that the demuxing process starts if the job queue is started??

Thanks for this great tool
cu
pOpY

gav1577
1st October 2008, 18:26
@ Atak_Snajpera Thanks for the excellent work much appreciated :thanks:

laserfan
1st October 2008, 19:51
The new version has inspired me to try RipBot264, but I have a question: What profile should be used to create a BD5 or BD9?

It looks to me like the two (provided) BD profiles differ by Trellis and Bitrate, but I thought that creation of the BR structure onto a DVD-5 or -9 required bitrates of 20Mbps or less??? :confused:

malgates
1st October 2008, 20:13
Hi,

I'm encoding HD DVDs. I don't want to encode with 2pass. I want to encode with 1pass. But which quality should I use? I used CQ 22. But the video file is only 600MB. I want the best Quality possible.

Regards

Atak_Snajpera
1st October 2008, 20:58
@Atak_Snajpera: It is possible to change RipBot264 that it doesnt demux the streams first. It took a while to demux it and after that i can make my settings. It is possible to change this that the demuxing process starts if the job queue is started??
Nope. Too many things depend on demuxed audio. File size , duration , number of channels and so on.

he new .7 version works flawlessly with no sync issues at all! Might have been the updated DGAVCDec or something else you did, it doesn't matter since its flawless now.

New DGAVCDec and new eac3to probably fixed your problems. I've just updated those tools :)

It looks to me like the two (provided) BD profiles differ by Trellis and Bitrate, but I thought that creation of the BR structure onto a DVD-5 or -9 required bitrates of 20Mbps or less???
What? There is only one profile Level 4.0 HD . BluRay . Consoles . This is the most compatible profile which you can get for HD (DXVA , XBOX360 , PS3 , ... , BluRay)

I'm encoding HD DVDs. I don't want to encode with 2pass. I want to encode with 1pass. But which quality should I use? I used CQ 22. But the video file is only 600MB. I want the best Quality possible.
1920x1080@23.976fps squeezed into 600MB?!?!!? At CRF 22?!?!?!?! it's rather impossible. CRF22 should give you average bitrate around 12Mbps! You better show me Jobx_log.txt

Does this mean 1.10.8 when you have free time ?
Perhaps :)

malgates
1st October 2008, 21:06
Here is the Code

D:\>"C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\videotools\RipBot264v1.10.6\tools\bepipe\bepipe.exe" --script "import(^D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs^)" | "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\videotools\RipBot264v1.10.6\Tools\aften\aften.exe" -readtoeof 1 -b 640 - "D:\temp\RipBot264temp\audio.ac3"

BePipe by dimzon

Script used:

# BEGIN

import("D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs")

# END

Scanning for Audio Stream...

Found Audio Stream

Channels=6, BitsPerSample=16, SampleRate=48000Hz

Writing Header...

Writing Data...

0%

Aften: A/52 audio encoder

Version SVN

(c) 2006-2007 Justin Ruggles, Prakash Punnoor, et al.

input format: Microsoft WAVE Signed 16-bit little-endian 48000 Hz 5.1-channel

output format: 48000 Hz 3/2 + LFE

SIMD usage: MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3

Threads: 2

progress: 0% | q: 455.7 | bw: 58.0 | bitrate: 640.0 kbps
progress: 0% | q: 316.7 | bw: 58.0 | bitrate: 640.0 kbps
progress: 0% | q: 316.7 | bw: 58.0 | bitrate: 640.0 kbps
progress: 0% | q: 316.6 | bw: 58.0 | bitrate
Done!

: 640.0 kbps
progress: 0% | q: 316.6 | bw: 58.0 | bitrate: 640.0 kbps
progress: 100% | q: 316.6 | bw: 58.0 | bitrate: 640.0 kbps

D:\>"C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\videotools\RipBot264v1.10.6\tools\x264\x264.exe" "D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" --pass 1 --bitrate 8767 --stats "D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats" --level 4.0 --sar 1:1 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 30000 --vbv-maxrate 30000 --filter 0,0 --bframes 3 --b-pyramid --direct auto --subme 2 --analyse none --me dia --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output "D:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264"

avis [info]: 1920x1080 @ 23.98 fps (162079 frames)

x264 [info]: using SAR=1/1

x264 [warning]: VBV bitrate (30000) > level limit (20000)

x264 [warning]: VBV buffer (30000) > level limit (25000)

x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Slow

encoded frames: 163/162079 (0.1%), 11.91 fps, eta 3:46:36
x264 [info]: slice I:2428 Avg QP:12.11 size:125404

x264 [info]: slice P:89268 Avg QP:14.29 size: 59201

x264 [info]: slice B:70383 Avg QP:16.24 size: 23386

x264 [info]: consecutive B-frames: 26.2% 44.1% 3.5% 26.3%

x264 [info]: mb I I16..4: 65.3% 0.0% 34.7%

x264 [info]: mb P I16..4: 42.2% 0.0% 0.0% P16..4: 25.8% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% skip:32.0%

x264 [info]: mb B I16..4: 10.0% 0.0% 0.0% B16..8: 23.0% 0.0% 0.0% direct:17.2% skip:49.7% L0:37.6% L1:46.1% BI:16.4%

x264 [info]: final ratefactor: 17.07

x264 [info]: direct mvs spatial:98.0% temporal:2.0%

x264 [info]: kb/s:8562.4

encoded 162079 frames, 7.74 fps, 8567.13 kb/s

D:\>"C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\videotools\RipBot264v1.10.6\tools\x264\x264.exe" "D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs" --pass 2 --bitrate 8767 --stats "D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.stats" --level 4.0 --sar 1:1 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 30000 --vbv-maxrate 30000 --filter 0,0 --ref 3 --mixed-refs --bframes 3 --b-pyramid --b-rdo --bime --weightb --direct auto --subme 6 --trellis 1 --analyse all --8x8dct --me umh --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output "D:\temp\RipBot264temp\video.264"

avis [info]: 1920x1080 @ 23.98 fps (162079 frames)

x264 [warning]: VBV bitrate (30000) > level limit (20000)

x264 [warning]: VBV buffer (30000) > level limit (25000)

encoded frames: 163/162079 (0.1%), 9.36 fps, eta 4:48:10
x264 [info]: slice I:2428 Avg QP:13.92 size: 81712

x264 [info]: slice P:89268 Avg QP:16.64 size: 63964

x264 [info]: slice B:70383 Avg QP:18.69 size: 21134

x264 [info]: consecutive B-frames: 26.2% 44.1% 3.5% 26.3%

x264 [info]: mb I I16..4: 37.8% 54.7% 7.5%

x264 [info]: mb P I16..4: 5.6% 14.8% 0.9% P16..4: 31.1% 9.0% 5.5% 0.0% 0.0% skip:33.1%

x264 [info]: mb B I16..4: 0.7% 1.2% 0.0% B16..8: 25.4% 0.5% 0.8% direct: 4.2% skip:67.1% L0:45.0% L1:37.6% BI:17.4%

x264 [info]: 8x8 transform intra:67.3% inter:79.6%

x264 [info]: direct mvs spatial:86.7% temporal:13.3%

x264 [info]: ref P L0 59.1% 24.5% 16.3%

x264 [info]: ref B L0 74.3% 25.7%

x264 [info]: ref B L1 96.6% 3.4%

x264 [info]: kb/s:8752.4

encoded 162079 frames, 2.38 fps, 8756.94 kb/s

D:\>"C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\videotools\RipBot264v1.10.6\tools\tsmuxer\tsmuxer.exe" "D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\tsmuxer.meta" "D:\Ripbot\DoomEU.bluray"

SmartLabs tsMuxeR. Version 1.8.4(b) http://www.smlabs.net

Decoding H264 stream (track 1): Profile: High@4.0 Resolution: 1920:1080p Frame rate: 23.976

0.0% complete

Decoding AC3 stream (track 2): Bitrate: 640Kbps Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 6

B-pyramid level 1 detected. Shift DTS to 2 frames

0.0% complete

H264 bitstream changed: insert SPS/PPS units

0.0% complete

0.1% complete

0.1% complete

0.1% complete

94.1% complete

94.2% complete

94.2% complete

94.3% complete

94.3% complete

94.3% complete

94.4% complete

94.5% complete

94.5% complete

94.5% complete

94.6% complete

94.7% complete

94.7% complete

94.8% complete

94.8% complete

94.9% complete

94.9% complete

95.0% complete

95.1% complete

95.2% complete

95.3% complete

95.3% complete

95.3% complete

95.4% complete

95.4% complete

95.5% complete

95.6% complete

95.6% complete

95.6% complete

95.7% complete

95.7% complete

95.8% complete

95.8% complete

95.9% complete

96.0% complete

96.0% complete

96.1% complete

96.2% complete

96.2% complete

96.3% complete

96.4% complete

96.4% complete

96.4% complete

96.5% complete

96.5% complete

96.6% complete

96.6% complete

96.7% complete

96.7% complete

96.8% complete

96.8% complete

96.9% complete

96.9% complete

96.9% complete

97.0% complete

97.1% complete

97.2% complete

97.3% complete

97.3% complete

97.4% complete

97.4% complete

97.4% complete

97.4% complete

97.5% complete

97.5% complete

97.6% complete

97.6% complete

97.6% complete

97.7% complete

97.7% complete

97.8% complete

97.8% complete

97.9% complete

97.9% complete

97.9% complete

98.0% complete

98.0% complete

98.1% complete

98.1% complete

98.2% complete

98.2% complete

98.3% complete

98.3% complete

98.4% complete

98.4% complete

98.5% complete

98.5% complete

98.6% complete

98.6% complete

98.6% complete

98.6% complete

98.6% complete

98.6% complete

98.7% complete

98.7% complete

98.7% complete

98.7% complete

98.7% complete

98.8% complete

98.9% complete

98.9% complete

98.9% complete

98.9% complete

99.0% complete

99.0% complete

99.0% complete

99.1% complete

99.1% complete

99.1% complete

99.2% complete

99.2% complete

99.3% complete

99.3% complete

99.3% complete

99.4% complete

99.4% complete

99.4% complete

99.4% complete

99.5% complete

99.5% complete

99.5% complete

99.6% complete

99.6% complete

99.6% complete

99.6% complete

99.7% complete

99.7% complete

99.7% complete

99.8% complete

99.8% complete

99.8% complete

99.8% complete

99.9% complete

100.0% complete

Processed 162079 video frames

100.0% complete

Creation of Blu-ray playlist

Creation of Blu-ray stream info and seek index

Mux successful complete.

Muxing time: 13 min 19 sec

Atak_Snajpera
1st October 2008, 21:24
Try again with 1.10.7

malgates
1st October 2008, 22:49
Same Problem again ...

avis [info]: 1920x1080 @ 23.98 fps (67409 frames)

x264 [warning]: VBV bitrate (40000) > level limit (20000)

x264 [warning]: VBV buffer (40000) > level limit (25000)

x264 [info]: slice I:271 Avg QP:14.36 size: 13460

x264 [info]: slice P:16988 Avg QP:14.28 size: 85

x264 [info]: slice B:50150 Avg QP:12.16 size: 52

x264 [info]: consecutive B-frames: 0.4% 0.0% 0.0% 99.6%

x264 [info]: mb I I16..4: 98.4% 0.3% 1.2%

x264 [info]: mb P I16..4: 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% P16..4: 0.1% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% skip:99.9%

x264 [info]: mb B I16..4: 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% B16..8: 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% direct: 0.0% skip:100.0% L0:85.2% L1:12.0% BI: 2.8%

x264 [info]: 8x8 transform intra:0.4% inter:79.4%

x264 [info]: direct mvs spatial:100.0% temporal:0.0%

x264 [info]: ref P L0 98.9% 1.0% 0.0%

x264 [info]: ref B L0 42.0% 58.0%

x264 [info]: ref B L1 99.7% 0.3%

x264 [info]: kb/s:22.0

encoded 67409 frames, 14.39 fps, 29.29 kb/s

X:\>"C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\videotools\RB10.7.7\tools\tsmuxer\tsmuxer.exe" "X:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\tsmuxer.meta" "D:\Ripbot\Crank2.bluray"

SmartLabs tsMuxeR. Version 1.8.8(b) http://www.smlabs.net

Decoding H264 stream (track 1): Profile: High@4.0 Resolution: 1920:1080p Frame rate: 23.976

0.0% complete

Decoding DTS stream (track 2): Bitrate: 1536Kbps Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 6

B-pyramid level 1 detected. Shift DTS to 2 frames

1.9% complete

3.8% complete

5.7% complete

7.3% complete

9.1% complete

10.8% complete

12.6% complete

14.5% complete

16.2% complete

18.0% complete

19.8% complete

21.8% complete

23.6% complete

25.3% complete

27.3% complete

29.1% complete

31.0% complete

32.7% complete

34.6% complete

36.6% complete

38.4% complete

40.3% complete

42.1% complete

44.1% complete

46.1% complete

47.9% complete

49.8% complete

51.6% complete

53.2% complete

55.0% complete

56.7% complete

58.4% complete

60.3% complete

62.3% complete

64.1% complete

66.0% complete

68.0% complete

69.4% complete

71.2% complete

73.2% complete

75.1% complete

76.9% complete

78.7% complete

80.6% complete

82.4% complete

84.4% complete

86.0% complete

87.8% complete

89.6% complete

91.5% complete

93.5% complete

95.1% complete

96.9% complete

98.9% complete

Processed 67409 video frames

100.0% complete

Creation of Blu-ray playlist

Creation of Blu-ray stream info and seek index

Mux successful complete.

Muxing time: 14 sec

Atak_Snajpera
1st October 2008, 23:28
Show me script.
BTW. is preview working?

Ajax_Undone
2nd October 2008, 02:51
It looks to me like the two (provided) BD profiles differ by Trellis and Bitrate, but I thought that creation of the BR structure onto a DVD-5 or -9 required bitrates of 20Mbps or less???

What? There is only one profile Level 4.0 HD . BluRay . Consoles . This is the most compatible profile which you can get for HD (DXVA , XBOX360 , PS3 , ... , BluRay)

that might be my fault the updater & installer dont delete the old profiles in the profiles folder do to concerns of people making customized settings in them..

So the option is always there to delete the extras manually... How ever profiles of the same name as the old ones they will over right them just for forward compatibility with later versions of ripbot... such as the comment about b-rdo being removed... Now as that I have not studied the effects of x.264 cmd line vs the profiles because of time restraints it gets a little frustrating having to pick and choose so I am deeply sorry...

malgates
2nd October 2008, 09:18
Show me script.
BTW. is preview working?

Where do I get the script? I only have the logfile. Is it in the tempfiles?

How can I preview the video? VLC?

Sorry for the stupid questions.

xaero
2nd October 2008, 13:06
i get a msg saying that directshow cannot find combination filter when opening an mkv file... i was using 10.0.7 (overwritten version v10.0.6 non-installer version). is there something i didnt update or anything that i need to update?

brogan
2nd October 2008, 14:14
I've been making conversions of movies from 25 fps to 23.976 fps & they've been coming out a little weird...during scenes where the camera pans, it stutters a little...when I'm setting up the script, Properties > Output Speed > change to Assume 23.976, do I also need to change the Decimate setting as well? I'm a little unclear on this...any help would be greatly appreciated...

:thanks::thanks::thanks:

malgates
2nd October 2008, 15:34
hmm now I used 2 Pass again and set the filesize to 8000, should be around 8Gigabytes now. But instead it's 800 Megabyte.

Strange

Atak_Snajpera
2nd October 2008, 20:36
How can I preview the video? VLC?
PRESS PREVIEW BUTTON in Properties section. Script will be in RipBot264temp/Jobx/Jobx.avs

is there something i didnt update or anything that i need to update?
Reinstall FFDSHOW AND HAAli MEdia Splitter

I've been making conversions of movies from 25 fps to 23.976 fps & they've been coming out a little weird...during scenes where the camera pans, it stutters a little...when I'm setting up the script
Send me sample (source)

mmmmdonut
3rd October 2008, 02:34
Atak

I am getting the following error using the latest release:

Directshowsource: couldnt open file ..RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv: An operation failed due to a certification failure. (..\job1\getinfo.avs, line 2)

getinfo.avs file

video=DirectShowSource("H:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv",audio=false).ConvertToYV12()
LoadPlugin("C:\DVDTools\RipBot264v1.10.7\tools\AviSynth plugins\NicAudio\NicAudio.dll")
audio=NicAC3Source("H:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.ac3")
AudioDub(video,audio)
WriteFile("H:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framecount")
WriteFile("H:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framerate")
WriteFile("H:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioRate")
WriteFile("H:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioChannels")
WriteFile("H:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioLength")
WriteFile("H:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Width")
WriteFile("H:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Height ")
Trim(0,-1)

This is the second time I received the error on two different Blu sources.

Thanks for your assistance.

xaero
3rd October 2008, 07:40
that did the trick! http://forum.doom9.org/images/smilies/thanks-t.gif

Atak_Snajpera
3rd October 2008, 12:29
Directshowsource: couldnt open file ..RipBot264temp\job1\video.mkv: An operation failed due to a certification failure. (..\job1\getinfo.avs, line 2)
uninstall all codec packs!

that did the trick!

malgates
3rd October 2008, 13:28
PRESS PREVIEW BUTTON in Properties section. Script will be in RipBot264temp/Jobx/Jobx.avs

I guess that worked for me as well. Sample was fine. Lets see.

mmmmdonut
3rd October 2008, 16:33
uninstall all codec packs!

I will go back and double check my system but do not recall loading any. Plus previous versions of RB264 work fine.

Will let you know what I find. Thanks for the quick response.

Atak_Snajpera
3rd October 2008, 16:54
Plus previous versions of RB264 work fine.
Changed: MKV na MP4 are now decoded via DirectShowSource()

Paddy97
3rd October 2008, 17:07
With the .7 version i get fully in sync BD rips from my Disney BDs. But now I have started to recieve reboots with my Tvix 6500 player with the files created from Ripbot.

I have two tvix boxes with different firmware in them. One reboots with the files created and the other stutters heavily.

I am using the level 4.0 profile that I've allways used to create MKV files for my tvix from bluray discs. I have used both CQ mode and 2-pass but both creates files that my tvixes have problems with. Any idea where to start looking? The files playes OK on my PC with for instance videolan and coreavc so I have no clue where to start.

Atak_Snajpera
3rd October 2008, 17:39
I have two tvix boxes with different firmware in them. One reboots with the files created and the other stutters heavily.
Did you have the same problem with previous version?

juGGaKNot
3rd October 2008, 18:51
question : now output is AVC1 and not h.264

DXVA still works, just want to now why :)

also, is the x264 patched with x264_hrd_pulldown.09_interlace.diff ?

my footage is progresive, is there any way to remove this from the cfg ? should i remove it or if the footage is not interlaced is does not do anything ?

Atak_Snajpera
3rd October 2008, 19:01
question : now output is AVC1 and not h.264
AVC1 = h.264 . Somebody made cosmetic change. FFDSHOW guys or x264 team? Frankly I don't care

also, is the x264 patched with x264_hrd_pulldown.09_interlace.diff ?
yes.

my footage is progresive, is there any way to remove this from the cfg ? should i remove it or if the footage is not interlaced is does not do anything ?
You don't have to do anything!

juGGaKNot
3rd October 2008, 19:07
THNX for your hard work, waiting for 1.10.8 with "new" x264 configuration.

cheers

Rumbah
4th October 2008, 04:53
I have one small feature request.

If you select to resize to PSP resolution Ripbot264 always resizes to a vertival resolution of 270 and adds a border of 2 lines (eg. with a 4/3 video it resizes to 360*270 and adds borders in the vertical and horizontal direction). I hope you can change it to 272 and fill the vertical resolution fully (changing it by hand every time is annoying).
Example of an Ripbot avs file:
video=Spline36Resize(video,360,270).Sharpen(0.2).AddBorders(60,0,60,2)

In addition it would be great if it would resize 16:9 matierial to the full native resolution at 480*272 and not to 480*270 and 2 black lines because it is better compressible that way and the aspect ratio error will only be about 1,3% .

Atak_Snajpera
4th October 2008, 07:06
In addition it would be great if it would resize 16:9 matierial to the full native resolution at 480*272 and not to 480*270 and 2 black lines because it is better compressible that way and the aspect ratio error will only be about 1,3% .
PSP always removes two bottom lines if resolution is 480x272!

pOpY
4th October 2008, 08:52
Nope. Too many things depend on demuxed audio. File size , duration , number of channels and so on.

Ok, but i am using just "lock size" feature, so if i can set my settings before demuxing audio it would be great. You can just analyse the audio & video stream and then let me take my options!?!?

Please?!?!

I which programming language did you write this app?

Is it open source?

thanks
pOpY

Paddy97
4th October 2008, 09:38
Did you have the same problem with previous version?

I have just redone the encode of the same BD with the .6 version and ran it through my both tvixes (whole movie). Works flawlessly apart from the audio sync problem. So this was introduced in the .7 version.

Just for fun I have now taken the dgavcdec from .7 and i'm using it in the .6 version and doing another encode to see if I get an in sync version that works with tvix. Sorry to say it did not fix the sync issues so it is something else that is the magic pill.

Rumbah
4th October 2008, 14:26
PSP always removes two bottom lines if resolution is 480x272!

Sorry, didn't know that. And I just tested and it seems that x264 has no problem with such small borders, I could not see any difference or increase in filesize.

laserfan
4th October 2008, 14:52
I've uninstalled & re-installed 1.10.7 and although I've had success in the past using x264 from the command line (in c:\program files\x264), with RipBot264 the process crashes (twice) when attempting to execute the x264 .cmd (once for each of 2 passes I presume). The only thing I note that's different, apart from that the cmds are attempting to execute from x264's subfolder, is that there's a dll in the x264 subfolder which I'd not seen before (maybe because I was using an older build of x264, I dunno). The dll is mentioned in the crash report.

Yes I know this is a crappy post, and I need to do more t-shooting and provide better error reporting, but I'm hoping someone knows a simple answer, or something obvious for me to check. Are there for example some pre-requisite MS libraries I need to have installed for x264? The next thing I am going to try I guess is to edit the .cmd's that RipBot has created to use the x264 installed at c:\program files\x264. Any other ideas? :confused:

binhex
4th October 2008, 15:31
hi i have been playing around with setting the default values for the video to 2-pass and settings the bitrate by defining this in the ini file, is it possible to set the bitrate for the audio as well using the ini file?, if not could this be added as a feature request :-).

cheers,
binhex.

p.s many thanks for replying to my previous post :-)

bigjohn
4th October 2008, 17:56
This thread is amazing, and it seems the application is too!
I have a question. I have a media server, and my standard method of ripping a dvd (movie only) to it has been less than sucessful lately, due to some wierdness in the dvd's.

I need to:
1 - rip the main title only (been using Anydvd + shrink for this)
2 - convert the file to a specific bitrate mpg.

I've been doing the transcode using VLC, but there is something odd happening. The VLC command line is quite straight forward... but somehow the single VOB created by shrink, while the right size, is not being seen correctly? middle of the movie missing sometimes, or even stopping 50 minutes in to a 2 hour movie...

start "Converting with VLC.EXE" /BelowNormal /b /wait %VLCPath% -vvv "%~1" --sout "#transcode{vcodec=mpgv,vb=7413,scale=1,width=720,height=400,fps=29.97,paddtop=40,paddbottom=40,acodec=mpga,ab=192,samplerate=48000,channels=2,equalizer-preamp=20}":standard{url="%~dpn1.DVD.mpeg"} --aspect-ratio=4:3 --sout-ffmpeg-keyint=16 --sout-ffmpeg-strict-rc vlc:quit

Can someone outline how I could accomplish my task using this program? OH, and are there other skins? I can't read the white on lightblue concept...

Ajax_Undone
4th October 2008, 18:47

Is it open source?

thanks
pOpY

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1076062#post1076062

Yeah this is what I got for an answer long ago...:rolleyes:

weaver4
4th October 2008, 20:32
I encode a movie using RB and the "[ level 4.0 ] HD . BluRay . Consoles" profile, I have it set to 1-Pass with a CQ of 22. The filesize was larger than I expected so I tested it with some other programs. The video parameters of all the movies are 640x272, cq of 22, boarders are cropped. I used mediainfo on the video file when complete to verify the audio files are the same. Here are the files sizes with different tools.

RipBot264 = 950k
StaxRip = 591k
MeGui = 597k
Mpeg Mediator = 589k

I then took and made a iPhone Video with the same tools with a width of 480 and CQ=24 and size was roughly equal between all four programs. Size was about 445k

So I am thinking that something may be wrong with the "[ level 4.0 ] HD . BluRay . Consoles" profile.

Atak_Snajpera
4th October 2008, 21:18
RipBot264 = 950k
StaxRip = 591k
MeGui = 597k
Mpeg Mediator = 589k
Could you show me results with longer video( 60 min or more)

I have just redone the encode of the same BD with the .6 version and ran it through my both tvixes (whole movie). Works flawlessly apart from the audio sync problem. So this was introduced in the .7 version.

Just for fun I have now taken the dgavcdec from .7 and i'm using it in the .6 version and doing another encode to see if I get an in sync version that works with tvix. Sorry to say it did not fix the sync issues so it is something else that is the magic pill.
it will be fixed in next release. Regarding audio problem this should explain
Added: Demuxing process will be automatically repeated if eac3to generates .gaps files.

See first post

Paddy97
4th October 2008, 21:54
it will be fixed in next release.

I bow my head with gratitude! Thanks for the support.

weaver4
4th October 2008, 22:59
I'm sorry, the file sizes were Meg not Kilo so the RipBot264 file was 950M.

Thanks!

Atak_Snajpera
4th October 2008, 23:06
I would need exact command line used by other guis.
UPDATE: I've just made test with MeGUI and I got the same file size .

weaver4
4th October 2008, 23:30
I changed the profile from:TrellisQuant=1 to TrellisQuant=0 and the filesize went to 662M; so it is getting closer.

Here is the x264 command from StaxRip. (I noticed that trellis=1 on this command line, so I don't think my change above was legit.)

C:\Documents and Settings\Trey Weaver\Local Settings\Application Data\StaxRip\Applications\x264\x264.exe" --crf 22 --ref 3 --bframes 16 --b-pyramid --weightb --direct auto --filter -2:-1 --subme 6 --partitions p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8 --8x8dct --trellis 1 --me umh --merange 12 --threads auto --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --output "D:\aa-Rips\xxx\VIDEO_TS\xxx--zsxq22_EncoderOutput.264" "D:\aa-Rips\xxx\VIDEO_TS\xxx--zsxq22.avs"

weaver4
5th October 2008, 21:54
UPDATE: I re-encoded a movie that I did with ribbot264 in Mid Aug. The filesize in Mid Aug was 514M (don't know what version of RB that was) and the same movies encoded with the latest RB is 797M. This is done with the same vob files. Both are CQ of 22 with resolution of 640x272; using the Console profile.

Here is the Media info:

Old RipBot264 =====================================
General #0
Complete name : E:\Movies-Other\Movies-H264\Christine--zrbq22-new.mp4
Format : MPEG-4
Format/Info : ISO 14496-1 Base Media
Format/Family : MPEG-4
File size : 491 MiB
PlayTime : 1h 50mn
Bit rate : 624 Kbps
StreamSize : 3.17 MiB
Encoded date : UTC 2008-08-20 01:02:36
Tagged date : UTC 2008-08-20 01:02:36

Video #0
Codec : AVC
Codec/Family : AVC
Codec/Info : H.264 (3GPP)
Bit rate : 491 Kbps
Width : 640 pixels
Height : 272 pixels
Display Aspect ratio : 2.35
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.118
StreamSize : 386 MiB
Encoded date : UTC 2008-08-20 01:02:36
Tagged date : UTC 2008-08-20 01:03:29

New RipBot =======================================
General #0
Complete name : E:\Movies-Other\Movies-H264\Christine--zrbq22-new-2.mp4
Format : MPEG-4
Format/Info : ISO 14496-1 Base Media
Format/Family : MPEG-4
File size : 760 MiB
Bit rate : 965 Kbps
StreamSize : 3.17 MiB
Encoded date : UTC 2008-10-04 20:19:51
Tagged date : UTC 2008-10-04 20:19:51

Video #0
Codec/Info : H.264 (3GPP)
Bit rate : 833 Kbps
Width : 640 pixels
Height : 272 pixels
Display Aspect ratio : 2.35
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.199
StreamSize : 655 MiB
Encoded date : UTC 2008-10-04 20:19:51
Tagged date : UTC 2008-10-04 20:21:11

Atak_Snajpera
5th October 2008, 22:06
commit 173b40c276ee187de31ef630fd207a62de1b2cc7 r968
Author: Jason Garrett-Glaser <darkshikari@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Sep 13 14:03:12 2008 -0700

Move adaptive quantization to before ratecontrol, eliminate qcomp bias
This change improves VBV accuracy and improves bit distribution in CRF and 2pass.
Instead of being applied after ratecontrol, AQ becomes part of the complexity measure that ratecontrol uses.
This allows for modularity for changes to AQ; a new AQ algorithm can be introduced simply by introducing a new aq_mode and a corresponding if in adaptive_quant_frame.
This also allows quantizer field smoothing, since quantizers are calculated beofrehand rather during encoding.
Since there is no more reason for it, aq_mode 1 is removed. The new mode 1 is in a sense a merger of the old modes 1 and 2.
WARNING: This change redefines CRF when using AQ, so output bitrate for a given CRF may be significantly different from before this change!

Copied from change log

weaver4
6th October 2008, 02:18
That makes it about useless to me. I know that CQ=22 was good enough for me, I have no idea what new number to use now.

Dark Shikari
6th October 2008, 02:55
That makes it about useless to me. I know that CQ=22 was good enough for me, I have no idea what new number to use now.Stick with the same unless you have good reason not to.

Some videos got larger at the same CRF, some got smaller, others stayed the same. On average, things stayed the same.

Ajax_Undone
6th October 2008, 05:20
I think its great! Some of the movies i've encoded are smaller after re encoding from original source...

You guys rock...

pOpY
6th October 2008, 11:37
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1076062#post1076062

Yeah this is what I got for an answer long ago...:rolleyes:

:mad::mad:

Thanks for the info.

@Atak_Snajpera: Please can you give us the source???

cu
pOpY

weaver4
6th October 2008, 17:21
I did two movies, both got 20-30% larger. I will try it with a few more.

Thanks,

Atak_Snajpera
6th October 2008, 17:34
What language do you use?

nwg
6th October 2008, 21:18
I have been looking for something like this for a couple of months. I think it is excellent but do have a few small requests.

My computer does this very slow. Pass 1 is 4-5 fps speed. Pass 2 is less than 2 fps. I have it low priority but it would be good to be able to switch it off without having to start again.

Also, a pause button would be good so I can do other things then carry on.

The ability to select a single layer or double layer like in 2 pass mode but in 1 pass CQ mode.

Atak_Snajpera
6th October 2008, 21:31
The ability to select a single layer or double layer like in 2 pass mode but in 1 pass CQ mode.
Not possible

laserfan
6th October 2008, 22:06
I've uninstalled & re-installed 1.10.7 and although I've had success in the past using x264 from the command line (in c:\program files\x264), with RipBot264 the process crashes (twice) when attempting to execute the x264 .cmd (once for each of 2 passes I presume). The only thing I note that's different, apart from that the cmds are attempting to execute from x264's subfolder, is that there's a dll in the x264 subfolder which I'd not seen before (maybe because I was using an older build of x264, I dunno). The dll is mentioned in the crash report.

Yes I know this is a crappy post, and I need to do more t-shooting and provide better error reporting, but I'm hoping someone knows a simple answer, or something obvious for me to check. Are there for example some pre-requisite MS libraries I need to have installed for x264? The next thing I am going to try I guess is to edit the .cmd's that RipBot has created to use the x264 installed at c:\program files\x264. Any other ideas? :confused:
No one responded to me, and I've not been able to get 1.10.7 to work, but I installed 1.10.5 that I had here and it's working. So something about 1.10.7 doesn't like my P4 setup... :(

Ajax_Undone
6th October 2008, 23:40
:mad::mad:

Thanks for the info.

cu
pOpY

Ok well like its said it is written in delphi if you can code in it and can afford there Compiler then more power to you...

nwg
7th October 2008, 11:52
Hi.

I wonder if this is possibe.

To have a save progress/project so someone could do encoding, save what I have done so far and turn off the computer then carry on the next day.

weaver4
7th October 2008, 19:18
I encoded six movies with the latest version using CQ=22 and Console profile.

All six movies were 20 to 35% larger than the same movies encoded with the last version with the same settings. But it could be the movies I picked.

Through some testing I found that CQ=24 created a size result of approx the same as the old CQ=22. Anyone know how the quality would compare of today's CQ=24 vs the previous CQ=22. It is all about filesize vs quality.

chainring
7th October 2008, 21:17
Hi Atak_Snajpera,

I just wanted to tell you how impressed I am with RipBot264. The interface is so amazingly clean, but functional when you need access to more advance options.

Once question related to the recent x264 changes. When do you expect to have a version with the changes implemented for those announced here? (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=141569)

Thanks!

8ternity
8th October 2008, 04:49
I encoded six movies with the latest version using CQ=22 and Console profile.

All six movies were 20 to 35% larger than the same movies encoded with the last version with the same settings. But it could be the movies I picked.

Through some testing I found that CQ=24 created a size result of approx the same as the old CQ=22. Anyone know how the quality would compare of today's CQ=24 vs the previous CQ=22. It is all about filesize vs quality.

I recommand you to select 2-Pass and lock size of you exportation. CQ = Constant Quality so it's normal that you will all the time oversize. Choose 2-Pass.

If you track is DTS or DTS-HD, set to this:
DVD5 4450
DVD9 8050
All my project done with DTS, DTS-HD oversize if you set 4470 and 8150.

Atak_Snajpera
8th October 2008, 12:58
To have a save progress/project so someone could do encoding, save what I have done so far and turn off the computer then carry on the next day.
Windows has Hibernate function

All my project done with DTS, DTS-HD oversize if you set 4470 and 8150.
What container did you use? What sizes did you get?

nwg
8th October 2008, 16:58
Windows has Hibernate function

But how can I do that if there is no pause button? Wouldn't it mess up the encoding if I suddenty put it in hiberation?

deets
8th October 2008, 17:40
But how can I do that if there is no pause button? Wouldn't it mess up the encoding if I suddenty put it in hiberation?

shouldnt do, try it on a small test and find out :)

Atak_Snajpera
8th October 2008, 17:49
it works fine in Vista SP1 :) Tested

weaver4
8th October 2008, 18:52
I recommand you to select 2-Pass and lock size of you exportation. CQ = Constant Quality so it's normal that you will all the time oversize. Choose 2-Pass.

No, I want to use CQ. My point is that a CQ=22 is a much larger filesize than a CQ=22 a few months ago. I want a good quality picture with a minimal filesize, I use to be happy with CQ=22 but now the filesize is bigger than it needs to be.

And my questions are:
> Is CQ=22 now a better picture than CQ=22 of a few months ago?
> And if I was happy with a CQ=22 before what value should I be using for CQ now.

Maybe this is a question I should be asking on the X264 forum.

pOpY
8th October 2008, 19:55
What language do you use?

I have knowledge in delphi 5, please give me the source?

Thanks
cu
pOpY

Atak_Snajpera
8th October 2008, 22:36
why do you need my source so badly?

malgates
8th October 2008, 22:40
Hi,

posted it already as a seperate topic but no answers.

I used RipBot264 to reencode my HDDVDs. But unfortunately it only supports 1 audiostream.

So I added a second ac3 stream (encoded it with eac3to) but neither PowerDVD nor my PS3 will recognise the second stream. But VLC will recognise and play it. I used the tsmuxer to add the stream.

did I do s.th. wrong? Maybe someone can help me.

regards

pOpY
9th October 2008, 07:18
why do you need my source so badly?

I want to add some features (demux & converting in one step). Ill think this feature you dont want to add, would you??

cu
pOpY

nwg
9th October 2008, 09:17
it works fine in Vista SP1 :) Tested

Doesn't work in XP. It tries to go into hibernation but doesn't fully get there and is left with the hdd light going like mad. I had to switch the computer off and on again to get it working again.

I still think this is a amazing bit of software. I managed to get a 18GB Blu Ray down to fit on a single layer DVD with its DD 5.1 audio and it looked amazing even when shown at 80". I resized it down to 720p.

I found the Blu Ray to DVD software just too confusing and found this GUI to be a godsend. It is just a shame that the fps speed is slow on my pc spec. Would it be faster using dual or quad core?

Apart from a pause button which I could make use off. I thought of something else. How about the pc storing details of files put through Ripbot so when I open the same file it doesn't have to scan the file a second time. It can take 20 minutes to do it. It could go straight to demuxing the audio.

Wishbringer
9th October 2008, 09:43
My point is that a CQ=22 is a much larger filesize than a CQ=22 a few months ago.
Right, and it is still changing in next builds. Search for DS comments about AQ.

Is CQ=22 now a better picture than CQ=22 of a few months ago?
What do you mean with "better"?! It's subjectiv, it uses another method to determine whats good. It preserves more noise and grain and so looks more natural than flatened and smoothed videos.

Maybe this is a question I should be asking on the X264 forum.
Yep, it isn't RipBot related, it's related to x264 development changes

Atak_Snajpera
9th October 2008, 10:24
Doesn't work in XP.
Hahaha. So Vista is not so bad after all :)

Would it be faster using dual or quad core?

Yes!!! Buy Q6600. Mine is running at 3GHZ without problems. During conversion Xvid -> PSP i have about 120+ fps (CRF22). In Full HD i have about 7fps

buzzqw
9th October 2008, 11:25
@atak

a question: what builf of x264 are you including in RipBot264 ? (bob0r/skystryfe/audionut...)

just to mention that latest (999) skystryfe builds often crash (reported on automkv thread)

BHH

nwg
9th October 2008, 11:27
Yes!!! Buy Q6600. Mine is running at 3GHZ without problems. During conversion Xvid -> PSP i have about 120+ fps (CRF22). In Full HD i have about 7fps

So is that the equivalent of 4 cores running at 3ghz each?

Dark Shikari
9th October 2008, 11:27
just to mention that latest (999) skystryfe builds often crash (reported on automkv thread)I have received no such crash reports, nor have I seen any crash reports in the AutoMKV thread...

buzzqw
9th October 2008, 11:33
@Dark Shikari
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1192387#post1192387
and here http://forum.divxmania.it/index.php?p=82975&showtopic=9118&view=findpost (italian) (search for "cicofalzina" post)

usin bob0r's build seems ok

BHH

deets
9th October 2008, 13:00
So is that the equivalent of 4 cores running at 3ghz each?

sort of. dont worry about how it works, just know that for PSP encoding it will fly, for SD it will be very quick and for HD its a relative boost like you wont believe :)

i have b3 q6600 and i dont overclock but it still moves like a greased mouse on a slide

Atak_Snajpera
9th October 2008, 13:17
a question: what builf of x264 are you including in RipBot264 ? (bob0r/skystryfe/audionut...)
I don't remember. New version will use 999 compiled by techhouse. It works without crash on my Quad core.

nwg
9th October 2008, 14:55
Thanks for the new version. I just started a new job. Am I detecting slightly more fps speed?

juGGaKNot
9th October 2008, 20:28
v1.10.8
Added: Codec changes for latest x264 (do not use older profiles)
Fixed: MaxBitrate and BufferSize have been restored to 30000 (reason: tvix does not like higher values)
Fixed: removed progress in log during muxing to blu-ray structure
Updated: x264 r999 , eac3to v2.66

What can i say, you the man, will try to download now ( kinda slow on my 56K wireless :( )

nwg
9th October 2008, 20:45
I just tried my first test and it worked on my Sony S350 Blu Ray player. I went from 18GB 1080p and DD 5.1 down to 4.34GB still DD 5.1 and it plays wonderfully on a single sided DVD at 720p. I had to make it a AVCHD disc by using Imgburn and burn just the BDMV folder.

I also tried a double layer version at 7.90GB but it stuttered(although the audio was ok and in sync). I think it has too high bitrate for AVCHD to cope although it is still only around 8Mbps.

pOpY
9th October 2008, 21:00
Thanks for the new Version! I currently running one job, to try the new version.

cu
pOpY

astragalos
10th October 2008, 03:04
Thank you for such a great job !!! I think it's a fantastic program which opens a new world to the ones that did'n dare to have anything to do with re-encoding.

Go on that way, please !!!!:thanks:

Ajax_Undone
10th October 2008, 06:19
Updated installer {this one is made to delete all previous files in the install folder use carefully}

juGGaKNot
10th October 2008, 06:42
Bitrate is down by 500 KB for CRF 22 with r999 subme 9

looks great to me, i will post 2 screens with source and encoding but i have a rather "non ripbot" related question

can/is x264 lossless DXVA ? i want a real HQ version for myself so why not lossless ?

THNX for the release, doing some more research om deblocking now.

LE : bitrate is the same but speed is 20-25% better

source is 1024x576 at 30 FPS, used media info for file info :

Source :

Format : AVI
Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
Format/Family : RIFF
File size : 1.15 GiB
PlayTime : 59s 966ms
Bit rate : 165 Mbps
Codec/Info : Huffman Lossless YUV and RGB formats (with Alpha-channel)
Width : 1024 pixels
Height : 576 pixels
Display Aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate : 30.000 fps
Resolution : 24 bits

1.10.8 CQ 22 :

Movie name : Encoded in RipBot264 v1.10.8
Codec/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Codec profile : High@L4.0
Codec settings, CABAC : Yes
PlayTime : 1mn 33ms
Bit rate : 4029 Kbps
Chroma : 4:2:0
Interlacement : Progressive
Writing library : x264 - core 65 r999M cc51047
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=esa / subme=9 / psy_rd=1.0:0.0 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=3 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=1 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / wpredb=1 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40(pre) / rc=crf / crf=22.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=30000 / vbv_bufsize=30000 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30 / aq=1:1.00

1.10.7 CQ 22 :

Movie name : Encoded in RipBot264 v1.10.7
PlayTime : 1mn 33ms
Bit rate : 4029 Kbps
Writing library : x264 - core 64 r994M b35a044
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=esa / subme=7 / psy_rd=1.0:0.0 / brdo=1 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=3 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=1 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / wpredb=1 / bime=1 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40(pre) / rc=crf / crf=22.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=40000 / vbv_bufsize=40000 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30 / aq=1:1.00

I got the pictures by using kmplayer's "capture frame ( original size ) as"

This is work in progress for my "WCG Romania 2008 Project"

1'st is the source, 2'd the render.

LE : Looks weird, used my custom bat to do another file, CQ 22, 2x lenght but smaller filesize LOL

File size : 32.9 MiB
PlayTime : 2mn 20s
Bit rate : 1973 Kbps
PlayTime : 2mn 20s
Bit rate : 1749 Kbps
Writing library : x264 - core 64 r995M 2324c70
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=14 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=esa / subme=7 / psy_rd=1.0:0.0 / brdo=1 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=2 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=3 / nr=0 / decimate=0 / mbaff=0 / bframes=16 / b_pyramid=1 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / wpredb=1 / bime=1 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40(pre) / rc=crf / crf=22.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30 / aq=1:1.00

Will do a ripbot vs bat same imput ( here it was the same but 1mn 33ms vs 2mn 20s )

Dark Shikari
10th October 2008, 12:31
x264 lossless, aka High 4:4:4 Predictive Profile, is not DXVA-compliant.

~bT~
10th October 2008, 12:34
x264 crashing on every encode (1.10.8).

system:

vista x86
Q6600 (not over clocked)

EDIT:

my file was corrupt.

Wishbringer
10th October 2008, 13:13
@~bT~:
Did yesterday and today on three systems 12 encodes together (each four): Source BluRay, Dest: 8.5GB DVD - AVCHD

All are Vista Ultimate 64bit, 8GB DDR2-1066, Q6600/Q6700 overclocked to 3.6 GHz and Raid5 with 4 Samsung 1TB HDDs.
No crashes, all encodes are fine.

UAC is disabled! (maybe a reason)
Maybe because 32bit? I doubt!
Maybe instable ram or mainboard? (not allways OC is reason for instable systems)

~bT~
10th October 2008, 14:19
^ all is OK here. i didn't realise my file was corrupt. thanks for response.

Paddy97
10th October 2008, 15:57
Sorry to report that the Tvix bug is not resolved in the .8 version. Same symptom as the .7 version. One tvix with older firmware reboots and the one with never firmware stutters severly.

The encode done from a Bluray disc and the funny thing is that the raw m2ts file plays fine on the tvixes.

I am now running an encode at 24000 maxbitrate (edited the cmd files ) to see if the problem persists.

brogan
10th October 2008, 16:02
Hello,

I have been trying to re-encode a file & RipBot gets through the 1st pass but just hangs afterwards...it will just say: Pass 1...
and never start Pass 2...this has happened while trying to re-encode a file that's like 8.25 GB in size & I'm trying to shrink to 7.95GB in Blu-ray structure to fit on a DL DVD...the video is H.264 (1920x1080, 23.976 fps) & the audio is DTS (768 kbps)
I've tried a .mkv, .ts, .m2ts extensions of the same file w/the same result...the files play fine in VLC, Nero Showtime & WMPC...I've been using RipBot 1.10.7 on a Vista Ultimate 64-bit system & haven't had any problems w/similar files...does anyone have any ideas what could be the problem?? Thanks in advance...

:thanks::thanks::thanks:

dvgeek
10th October 2008, 22:21
Hello Atak,

Can you please clarify if the program would benefit running on an SSE4 platform as compared to an SSE3 platform (Intel Q8200 / Intel Q6600)?

Thanks.

Dark Shikari
10th October 2008, 22:24
Hello Atak,

Can you please clarify if the program would benefit running on an SSE4 platform as compared to an SSE3 platform (Intel Q8200 / Intel Q6600)?

Thanks.Penryn is faster clock-for-clock at x264.

But if you're buying a new computer, wait for the Nehalem. My preview Nehalem box tells me that its awesome, but I can't give any numbers right now :cool:

nurbs
10th October 2008, 23:03
I am currently waiting for the Nehalem. Since you can't give any numbers can you maybe tell us if this anandtech preview (http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/intel/showdoc.aspx?i=3326&p=6) gives us a good idea about the performance gains?

gav1577
10th October 2008, 23:17
There is a teaser review here http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/intel/showdoc.aspx?i=3326&p=6
EDIT damn just realized its the same review above lol

Dark Shikari
10th October 2008, 23:18
I am currently waiting for the Nehalem. Since you can't give any numbers can you maybe tell us if this anandtech preview (http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/intel/showdoc.aspx?i=3326&p=6) gives us a good idea about the performance gains?Yes, that looks about right. However, there will be many places for future optimizations, some of which I am working on right now :cool:

Ajax_Undone
11th October 2008, 05:01
Sweet I am going to buy me a new rig in about 6 months can't wait...

Paddy97
11th October 2008, 08:32
Sorry to report that the Tvix bug is not resolved in the .8 version. Same symptom as the .7 version. One tvix with older firmware reboots and the one with never firmware stutters severly.

I am now running an encode at 24000 maxbitrate (edited the cmd files ) to see if the problem persists.

Sorry to say even with a lovered bitrate the tvixes can't handle the files. Looks like there is something else in the profile that messes with the tvix.

laserfan
11th October 2008, 14:52
x264 still crashes for me in Version .8. Using .5 successfully. I suspect something about my Pentium 4 perhaps, as Atak has/tests with a Quad core, but otherwise have tried & failed figure it out. :(

prettyboy85712
11th October 2008, 19:44
x264 still crashes for me in Version .8. Using .5 successfully. I suspect something about my Pentium 4 perhaps, as Atak has/tests with a Quad core, but otherwise have tried & failed figure it out. :(

I have the same issue with my other system which is a P4 WinXP w/SP2. The only difference is I can run 1.10.6. Any version higher than .6 crashes immediately upon encoding.

My primary AMD based system has run every version without problem.

laserfan
11th October 2008, 21:18
I have the same issue with my other system which is a P4 WinXP w/SP2. The only difference is I can run 1.10.6. Any version higher than .6 crashes immediately upon encoding.

My primary AMD based system has run every version without problem.Thanks pb, you have confirmed my suspicions (my P4 is WinXP w/SP3). I hope someone who understands x264 processing options can suggest a fix/workaround for this...?

mmmmdonut
12th October 2008, 02:57
Sorry to say even with a lovered bitrate the tvixes can't handle the files. Looks like there is something else in the profile that messes with the tvix.

Which Tvix model(s) are you using?

Paddy97
12th October 2008, 07:34
Which Tvix model(s) are you using?

I have two HD M-6500A. Both are v2 models ( the ones that tvix have updated with heatsinks and such ). I use one for my home cinema with a 108" screen and projector and one for my old fat TV.
One I keep at the last stable firmware ( home cinema ) and the one for the TV I keep up with the latest beta firmwares just to see if they work.

Paddy97
12th October 2008, 08:01
Last try with the .8 profiles. With these settings ( after reading another thread at doom9 about safe limits for limited hardware ) and truning of bpyramid. The problem persists with the tvix as a player.

BufferSize=14745
MaxBitrate=17500

I am using .6 version successfully but I have one Disney Bluray that this one do not handle successfully so I am very keen on finding the problem with the .7 and .8 releases.

boissy
12th October 2008, 13:51
I have two HD M-6500A. Both are v2 models ( the ones that tvix have updated with heatsinks and such ). I use one for my home cinema with a 108" screen and projector and one for my old fat TV.
One I keep at the last stable firmware ( home cinema ) and the one for the TV I keep up with the latest beta firmwares just to see if they work.

I have the tvix 7000,
do you think the firmware update is nescessary .

:o

NjB

laserfan
12th October 2008, 18:18
I have found that my crashing problem is owing to Atak's using a build of x264 for core2 computers, and then specifically it doesn't like the --nal-hrd option. If I use a build optimized for my P4 computer (found in this post (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1155803#post1155803)) then everything works!

EDIT: According to at least this post from Sharktooth (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1155803#post1155803) and this post from LoRd_MuldeR (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1194136#post1194136) using an x264 build made for core2 CPUs and above does not enhance speed and thus unnecessarily reduces compatibility.

brogan
12th October 2008, 18:28
If I have a 1920x800 file & just want to keep that resolution w/out stretching the video, is there a line I can add in .avs script to to just add the black bars (add borders)?
Some of the videos that I've converted have looked a little too stretched, it's a little distracting :(

juGGaKNot
13th October 2008, 08:29
Near the "remaining time" box there should be a "elapsed time" box.

Or a log at the end with "total encoding time"

bigggt
13th October 2008, 16:46
Has anyone had any luck using Ripbot for the Popcorn Hour.

I select the Level 4.0 profile and cq22 and the resulting file won't play, when i select it ,it just goes back to the menu

On a side note i have questions about the cq 22

i did Baby Mama with cq22 and resized to 720x384 and the file ended up being only 750mb with a bitrate of 700 , does this seem correct.

i also tried Transformers HD at 1280x720 (just cut a 20 second clip to test) and the result is bitrate of around 5000 but when played on 50" tv it does not look that good

weaver4
13th October 2008, 20:21

I select the Level 4.0 profile and cq22 and the resulting file won't play, when i select it ,it just goes back to the menu

I use RipBot to make videos for my Popcorn Hour A-100. Never had a problem. I also use cq22. But I had been using the old 4.1 profile. Be sure to use the AAC-LC audio.

~bT~
13th October 2008, 21:29
i did Baby Mama with cq22 and resized to 720x384 and the file ended up being only 750mb with a bitrate of 700 , does this seem correct.
yes, it seems correct.

shades
14th October 2008, 10:10
I am just getting the microsoft error report when trying to re-encode a .mkv file. I am on a 3200+ Athlon PC with 2 Gig ram installed. XP pro

arapkadri
14th October 2008, 11:29
RipBot264v1.10.8.7z (15.97 MB)

Access to the URL has been denied! :scared:

prettyboy85712
14th October 2008, 13:51
RipBot264v1.10.8.7z (15.97 MB)

Access to the URL has been denied! :scared:

Works fine for me.

mouw
14th October 2008, 19:27
Backing up Blu-Ray movies w/RipBot almost 2mos now
started out using .4 ver migrated now -> new ver .8
done about 25 so far (9= BD-R / 16= BD9) almost ZERO problems **
Running dedicated VISTA-32bit machine-- Rip/Encode/Burn
Started out w/ E6600 CPU DualCore2 2.40ghz 4gig-DDR2-800mhz ECS-P965-MB
now using Q6600 QuadCore2 2.4ghz 4gig-DDR2-1066mhz P35-Gigabyte-MB
i have seen Encoding Times go from 22/28hrs--> 11/15hrs (BD-R 25g)
and Encoding Times go from 15/23hrs --> 8/11hrs (BD9 8.5g)
QuadCore is TWICE as FAST... i see the little CPU meter PEGGED @ 100%
newer RipBot ver .7-.8 the DeMuxing has dropped in Half 40-50min --> 20/25min

my Routine == 1920x1080p 24fps/NO Subtitles/5.1 AC3 640kbs/2-PASS
Started out doing the math...
TotalBitsBlankMedia/VideoRunTimeSec-640KbsAC3*94%(6%OverHead)= Projected Kbps
but RipBot interActive DropBoxes are so GOOD i now use them exclusively w/2-PASS
Check LockSizeTotalBox--HighLite and Enter 8170 (BD9= 8.5g DL) or 24000 (BD-R= 25g)
UnCheck LockSizeTotalBox--HighLite KBPS Adj#s until TotalBox =< 8175 or 24100
OverHead is running 3-3.5% = BD-R and 4% = BD9 (DVD+R DL)
early on testing Hunt for Red October --> BD9 i over calculated (math-method pushing envelope)
after 23hrs Encoding (E6600) i decided to BURN it anyway--Plays OK stops 20sec into Credits

RipBot 1.10.8 (AviSynth_257 / ffdShow_rev2156 / Haali Media Splitter 29032008)
** encountered problems
** Stopped during Encoding FFdShow Error message== changed -> ffdshow_2156
** Blue Screened 3times during Encoding== changed out OCZ PC6400 DDR2 for Corsair PC8500 DDR2
** OCZ memory SUCKS (not my 1st problem with this memory company)

NEVER a Problem with the RipBot GUI....
a BIG Thanks ATAK -- keep up the GOOD WORK -- iam a Huge FAN

shades
15th October 2008, 00:59
Well I tried to reinstalling version xx.8 from the link and I still get the Microsoft Error Report asking me to send or not to send the error to Microsoft when clicking on Start in RipBot trying to reencode a .mkv
I have no codec packs installed.

shades
15th October 2008, 09:19
Well, here's something funny. I just installed RipBot264v1.10.zip (30MB)
from http://www.videohelp.com/tools/RipBot264?oldversions=1#download
and it seems to be working. Perhaps xx.8 has some files missing that are needed? The newer version is a lot smaller 18 MB ?

What I will try next is copying the updated version files out of the archive to the ripbot directory and see if the new one works.

shades
15th October 2008, 11:47
Well, here's something funny. I just installed RipBot264v1.10.zip (30MB)
from http://www.videohelp.com/tools/RipBot264?oldversions=1#download
and it seems to be working. Perhaps xx.8 has some files missing that are needed? The newer version is a lot smaller 18 MB ?

What I will try next is copying the updated version files out of the archive to the ripbot directory and see if the new one works.

Well after installing every version as listed in link above, I have found that any version after RipBot264v1.10.6 results in failure to convert or start pass 1. The Microsoft Error Reporting tool pops up and asks to send the error to Microsoft.

I am not sure what broke but I can now happily use RipBot264v1.10.6 on my AthlonXP 3200 System.

weaver4
15th October 2008, 13:49

I tired the latest build 1.10.8, Console profile [4.0], cq=22 and it played fine on my Popcorn Hour A-100.

weaver4
15th October 2008, 13:51
I tired the latest build using the Console profile and cq=22 and the filesizes look much, much better.

Thanks Atak_Snajpera!!!

Glaan
15th October 2008, 17:13
Best Prog i ever had for my ipod. Thanks Atak.
Can you please make it support variable framerate?
-(convertfps=true)
-http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/VFR

Thanks.

nwg
15th October 2008, 19:24
Can I suggest a few small things -

A pause encoding button.

A abort confirmation button. I have ruined two encoding sessions (and wasted 12 hours of encoding) as I had to press the button mouse to get it moving and both times was over the abort button.

Save encoding project option.

laserfan
15th October 2008, 19:25
Well after installing every version as listed in link above, I have found that any version after RipBot264v1.10.6 results in failure to convert or start pass 1. The Microsoft Error Reporting tool pops up and asks to send the error to Microsoft.

I am not sure what broke but I can now happily use RipBot264v1.10.6 on my AthlonXP 3200 System.I don't know the 3200, but I'd guess it's related to Atak's using a build with the core2 option enabled, as I mentioned a few posts ago.

prettyboy85712
15th October 2008, 20:02
I don't know the 3200, but I'd guess it's related to Atak's using a build with the core2 option enabled, as I mentioned a few posts ago.

No problem here when using the latest build and my XP3200.

shades
15th October 2008, 22:40
I don't know the 3200, but I'd guess it's related to Atak's using a build with the core2 option enabled, as I mentioned a few posts ago.

Could be. My PC is an older AthlonXP 3200+ single core CPU.

nwg
17th October 2008, 19:04
How do subtitles work with this software? I wanted to do Fearless which would need subs as it has Chinese audio. It found the subtitles in the select stream bit but it wantesd SRT subs and not sup. I would thought it would use SUP format if it detects it in the first place. I was hoping the burned in subtitle bit would make the subs part of the picuture.

mmmmdonut
17th October 2008, 20:33
I use supread for HD DVD titles and it works great. Havent found a good tool for Blu-ray titles. Suprip seems like it does the trick but havent had the chance to really test it yet. Both tools will convert sup to srt.

nwg
17th October 2008, 20:39
I use supread for HD DVD titles and it works great. Havent found a good tool for Blu-ray titles. Suprip seems like it does the trick but havent had the chance to really test it yet. Both tools will convert sup to srt.

I have supread and suprip but doesn't work with the demuxed sup file. Suprip liked Blu Ray but it takes a long time to OCR as it can't do a line without quering something during the OCR.

I was hoping that the ripbot program automatically works with the evo file as it detects the subtitles. Why detect them if they cannot be used?

Furiousflea
18th October 2008, 00:45
I have supread and suprip but doesn't work with the demuxed sup file. Suprip liked Blu Ray but it takes a long time to OCR as it can't do a line without quering something during the OCR.

I was hoping that the ripbot program automatically works with the evo file as it detects the subtitles. Why detect them if they cannot be used?

It CAN....

Subrip is great, its just rubbish for the first few mins of the film. Its LEARNING as you go so it needs less and less help as it goes. You will have to type the odd letter by about 30 mins in and by 45 mins it will pretty much do everything itself with maybe 2-3 more letters needed for the WHOLE 2nd half of the film...

I would hazard a guess that you haven't even tried to do the whole film with it and gave up after a few lines ;)

It took me about 5 mins each to do the jap version of "Ring" and its sequel\prequel - If you can't be bothered with that, I'd suggest not getting out of bed in the morning either. But I'm sure you weren't aware it gets easier :)

nwg
18th October 2008, 09:18
I would hazard a guess that you haven't even tried to do the whole film with it and gave up after a few lines ;)

I gave up after manually doing 200 lines. It was querying every line. As there was 1000 total lines that is more than 5 minutes.

Anyway, back to ripbot.

pOpY
18th October 2008, 11:00
Hello. Does it Speedup the encoding when ill use Windows Vista x64 on my Intel Q9450??

Thanks
pOpY

Furiousflea
18th October 2008, 16:40
I gave up after manually doing 200 lines. It was querying every line. As there was 1000 total lines that is more than 5 minutes.

Anyway, back to ripbot.

Ah ok, seems abit strange. Didn't mean to be rude before in my post hope it didn't come across like that :)

Maybe your disc is a one off, might be worth trying another just to see. I found that it worked much like speech recognition software\OCR software where it "learns". So if it comes across something you've already confirmed as being a certain letter it will remember it?

Hmmmm.

mouw
18th October 2008, 19:00
Does it Speedup the encoding when ill use Windows Vista x64 on my Intel Q9450?

Doesn't lOOk like RipBot is 64bit (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1173361&highlight=Vista+x64#post1173361)

Ajax_Undone
18th October 2008, 19:28
RipBot is a 32bit front end to multiple 32bit projects all it does is consolidate them to a simple solution for people who don't like to use a multi interface technique to encode a simple video stream...

It was made 32bit for compatibility for internal tools as well as external codecs. A 64 bit interface would not be smart for another good reason. Most ""buy it and your done"" PC's out there are running a 32bit windows xp/vista interface meaning with it being 32 bit it is compatible with all of those who wish to use it even people with 64 bit windows...

The Q6600 is possibly the best Intel processor for use with the x264 codec because it has a great instruction set that just flows like water...

As for windows 64bit The creator of ripbot runs vista 64bit and has not had any issue with speed or compatibility...

asarian
19th October 2008, 15:08

I am not sure what broke but I can now happily use RipBot264v1.10.6 on my AthlonXP 3200 System.

I'm still using 1.10.5 my own self. Version 1.10.7 gave me really ugly errors (as others have posted, too) for some reason.

nwg
19th October 2008, 15:21
Quick bit of feedback. It worked great with my Transformers HD-DVD and looks great despite being just 4.37GB Blu Ray now. It took about 36 hours on my setup.

laserfan
19th October 2008, 15:45
I'm still using 1.10.5 my own self. Version 1.10.7 gave me really ugly errors (as others have posted, too) for some reason.Is yours a non-dual-or-quad core CPU?

asarian
19th October 2008, 15:50
Is yours a non-dual-or-quad core CPU?

It's a quad-core (Q6700 @ 3.2Ghz).

EDIT: The other machine I ran it on has a Q9450 (XP). The Q6700 is on Vista. 1.10.7 just wouldn't go, ranging from "x264 has stopped responding" to all sorts of very weird errors.

Damie
19th October 2008, 16:04
Very nice program!
Thank you for making it.

How to deinterlace a normal 29.97fps NTSC DVD properly with ripbot264?

Choose both "deinterlace to 59.97fps (top field first)" and "decimate to 23.976fps" ?

I guess the AssumeFPS setting is not needed?

EDIT: I'm getting 49.750fps video after using the above settings. Is this normal?
If i use "deinterlace to 29.97fps (top field first)" with decimate, I get 23.976fps.

nwg
19th October 2008, 22:17
Is it possible to estimate how big file a HD DVD or Blu Ray of 20GB-25Gb will turn out on CQ 22? It would be great if I could save some time instead of doing 2 passes.

Furiousflea
20th October 2008, 00:20
Is it possible to estimate how big file a HD DVD or Blu Ray of 20GB-25Gb will turn out on CQ 22? It would be great if I could save some time instead of doing 2 passes.

No, not reliably anyway.

If it was possible then people wouldn't use 2 pass encoding would they!

It *could* be implemented by encoding small portions of the movie at various points = predict final output size...

In fact you could do it yourself, cut up your movie into chunks and use common sense to get to the result.

Ajax_Undone
20th October 2008, 05:43
Very nice program!
Thank you for making it.

How to deinterlace a normal 29.97fps NTSC DVD properly with ripbot264?

Choose both "deinterlace to 59.97fps (top field first)" and "decimate to 23.976fps" ?

I guess the AssumeFPS setting is not needed?

EDIT: I'm getting 49.750fps video after using the above settings. Is this normal?
If i use "deinterlace to 29.97fps (top field first)" with decimate, I get 23.976fps.

As it should be... Although I would use top field first 29.97 Dec to 23.976 just to cut down on the number of frames and the size of the file.
You will not notice any difference in video quality...

The 59.97 frame De interlace setting is for HD and Bluray DVD's... DvD's In general will not have anything more then 30FPS...

:rolleyes:

nwg
20th October 2008, 12:33
No, not reliably anyway.

If it was possible then people wouldn't use 2 pass encoding would they!

It *could* be implemented by encoding small portions of the movie at various points = predict final output size...

In fact you could do it yourself, cut up your movie into chunks and use common sense to get to the result.

Ok, thanks.

shades
21st October 2008, 04:26
Ok. I recently installed RipBot264v1.10.8 on my mates dual core AMD 4800 and a 2 pass re-code has taken 36 hrs overnight obviously.
Is this normal??? I understand that it may be compiled for Core 2 and not the AMD dual core CPUs but is this kind of speed to be expected?

Dark Shikari
21st October 2008, 04:31
Ok. I recently installed RipBot264v1.10.8 on my mates dual core AMD 4800 and a 2 pass re-code has taken 36 hrs overnight obviously.
Is this normal??? I understand that it may be compiled for Core 2 and not the AMD dual core CPUs but is this kind of speed to be expected?There's no "compiling for" of any significance; x264 has runtime CPU detection.

If its taken that long, perhaps you can try faster encoding settings?

nwg
21st October 2008, 20:25
A couple of comments.

Has anyone had problems with no fast forward or rewind?

I created a m2ts file from a Blu Ray with the original video and one audio track. I did this through tsmuxer. I then ran it through ripbot using 2 passes and down to a single layer DVD. I then burn the BDMV folder to a DVD using Imgburn. I then play it in my Sony S350 as a AVCHD disc. Sound and picture is great. I can chapter back and forth but cannot fast forward or rewind. The screen just stays still until I press play again.

Is this ripbot causing this or something else? Is it because I am using a m2ts file rather than the complete ripped disc?

Also, using the same m2ts created file method (but different films) I have had it abort itself around 40% into the pass1 and creates a 600MB BDMV fodler and obviously corrupted as it doesn't do anything.

marcmartin
21st October 2008, 22:26
If its taken that long, perhaps you can try faster encoding settings?

Yes, I wonder what settings are being used for a 36-hour encode, and how long is the video? I've got a 4-year old computer and encoding a 50 minute 720x1280 video takes about 16 hours using the built-in HD settings, 2-pass, 4000 kbps.

As for new feature requests, I guess I'd echo requests for a pause button, although I admit that it seems to work fine on my computer going in and out of hibernation in Windows XP. However, a pause button would be nice if I want the CPU to focus on something else temporarily.

Also, I wish the calculation of the estimated time remaining was based more on the recent encode speed, and not how much progress has been made from the beginning of the encode. If one hibernates in the middle of the encode, the ETA isn't even close to being correct afterwards.

nwg
21st October 2008, 22:41
Yes, I wonder what settings are being used for a 36-hour encode, and how long is the video? I've got a 4-year old computer and encoding a 50 minute 720x1280 video takes about 16 hours using the built-in HD settings, 2-pass, 4000 kbps.

All mine have been around 36 hours no matter what I do (10-12 hours pass 1 and 24 hours pass 2).

I have gone from a blu ray m2ts file at around 20-32GB and gone down to both a single sided and dual layer dvd.

I have done them all at 1280 x 720, 2 passes and 3500-4000ish kbps for single sided and 7000-8000ish for dual layer.

The longest I have done is transformers at 2 hours 25 minutes and get exception quality on a single sided 4.37GB.

shades
22nd October 2008, 11:24

As for new feature requests, I guess I'd echo requests for a pause button, although I admit that it seems to work fine on my computer going in and out of hibernation in Windows XP. However, a pause button would be nice if I want the CPU to focus on something else temporarily.

Also, I wish the calculation of the estimated time remaining was based more on the recent encode speed, and not how much progress has been made from the beginning of the encode. If one hibernates in the middle of the encode, the ETA isn't even close to being correct afterwards.

What settings are you suggesting I messed up? RipBot is meant to keep it all simple for people who are a little lost in re-coding encoding but I am quite open to finding out what I have done wrong. All I did was a 2 pass, locked size to 4480 and did a copy stream for the DTS audio. Mind you that came out in Italian ;-) perhaps some extra settings would be good. Changing Matroska Splitter to only grab English audio didn't work so some other program must be extracting the audio track.

Still, I just came back to another failed 36 hr recode. My mate is laughing at the audio mis match for all that effort. Oh, 1 pass encode took over 12 hrs as well. Meh, I'm a noob.

awake33
22nd October 2008, 11:38
First off, great program, many thanks and kudos to the author. :thanks:

Is it possible to skip the demuxing of audio that occurs after selecting the file to be encoded? I don't use audio from Ripbot at all.

Also, would it be possible to skip the muxing process after the encode? All I need is the .h264 file.

nwg
22nd October 2008, 12:42
I tried doing I,Robot with a audio track that I created from the DTS-HD MA. I wanted 768kbps DTS so created a m2ts file with that audio. It got up to 94% on pass 1, then started to mux and ended up with a 735MB file (instead of a 4.37GB). If I mess with the audio first, am I better of doing a video only m2ts and then mux the audio in a new file after encoding the new H264 video. It would solve my problem where is it finishing too early as it is now the fourth or fifth time it has done it.

More control on what steps the program does would be good. A fully auto and a manual mode would be great. Perhaps have a tick box in the settings somewhere on what processes the program does or not do.

Furiousflea
22nd October 2008, 13:41
This program has served me well last 6 months or so...

The 1 feature I would love....would be XVID support :)

Reason being is that this h264 on the Xbox 360 is great for 2 channel audio soruces, especially interlaced DVDs that are encoded at 50fps (so you can maintain the smooth motion) and 50fps video play great on the 360...

However for 5.1 movies, the Xbox 360 only supports 2 channel AAC audio...But it supports 5.1 DD with XVID...

Just wondering if it would be difficult to implement a profile for that or if you have any intention :)

(Had enough of using Fair Use Wizard)

Thanks for any heads up, and again as I've posted a couple of times already...Thanks for a front end :)

nwg
22nd October 2008, 15:25
It would be good to be able to select H264 video files. I am trying Ripbot with just a video file (to mux a ac3 file afterwards). I had to go from a H264 video file to a mt2ts file which it makes a H264 file and back to a m2ts file.

riptorn
23rd October 2008, 03:21
I keep getting couldnt open the file, cannot play back the video stream, no suitable decompressor could be found.

This only happens on some blu-ray/hd-dvds.

Sgt_Strider
23rd October 2008, 03:44
Hi guys, I'm a newbie to this program. I'm wondeirng if RipBot will automatically resize a DVD to match the PSP's screen resolution? Can RipBot produce a MP4 file with subtitles and multiple soundtracks?

deets
23rd October 2008, 03:55
Hi guys, I'm a newbie to this program. I'm wondeirng if RipBot will automatically resize a DVD to match the PSP's screen resolution?

it will if you select resize and then psp in the drop down.

Sgt_Strider
23rd October 2008, 04:06
it will if you select resize and then psp in the drop down.

Have you done it before? Will the videos fully take advantage of every single pixel on the PSP?

Furiousflea
23rd October 2008, 15:11
Have you done it before? Will the videos fully take advantage of every single pixel on the PSP?

Yes, if you select the PSP resolution of 480x272 in the drop down list box for resizing.

asarian
23rd October 2008, 15:50

I echo the 'pause' request, too. Sadly, Windoze has no "Suspend Task" functionality, like UNIX has (Ctrl-Z). Ideally, Ripbot could save its current state of progress, be closed even, and pick up where it left off the next time you start it. I often am transcoding for >32 hours. Ideally, you'd use your machine during the day for the stuff you usually use it for, and have it transcode/recode at night time.

marcmartin
23rd October 2008, 16:11
I echo the 'pause' request, too. Sadly, Windoze has no "Suspend Task" functionality, like UNIX has (Ctrl-Z). Ideally, Ripbot could save its current state of progress, be closed even, and pick up where it left off the next time you start it. I often am transcoding for >32 hours. Ideally, you'd use your machine during the day for the stuff you usually use it for, and have it transcode/recode at night time.

I've been able to obtain this sort of functionality using a freeware utility named "BES - Battle Encoder Shirase 1.3.7". This allows you to target a process (in this case, x264.exe) and throttle down the CPU it demands anywhere from 0 to 100%. If I'm in no hurry, I will sometimes just throttle it down so the CPU doesn't have to run at 100% and the CPU fans don't have to run as fast.

Here's a link: http://mion.faireal.net/BES/

Dark Shikari
23rd October 2008, 16:40
I've been able to obtain this sort of functionality using a freeware utility named "BES - Battle Encoder Shirase 1.3.7". This allows you to target a process (in this case, x264.exe) and throttle down the CPU it demands anywhere from 0 to 100%. If I'm in no hurry, I will sometimes just throttle it down so the CPU doesn't have to run at 100% and the CPU fans don't have to run as fast.

Here's a link: http://mion.faireal.net/BES/You can do that trivially on almost any OS by simply pausing a process. Windows can do this too.

Also, I laughed at the name :p

bigggt
24th October 2008, 00:03
Hi i am trying to find a new PC to work with Ripbot, with all the 64bit questions can someone tell me if this should work

http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?CatIds=74%2C75,395&webid=752261&affixedcode=WW

will I see an improvement over my 3.5 fps on 1280x720 on my dual core

thanks

I know this isint the proper place to ask this but i am getting this pc just for Ripbot:)

Paddy97
24th October 2008, 17:40
@Dark Shikari : Since you are very much more knowledgeble in X264 then most could you please give me a hand?

With the [ level 4.0 ] HD . BluRay . Consoles profile in the .8 version of ripbot ( please see below ) it produces files that are not compatible with the Tvix media players if I encode a Bluray disc and I am trying to find out what to change in the profile to eliviate this problem. In MeGui the x264_dp_ Standalone-PS3-Xbox360 profile works like a charm but translating between that profile and Ripbots is more then I can manage. The tvix will reboot or stutter heavily as symptoms.

I've tried reducing the buffersize and maxbitrate to the levels in the megui profile but that did not fix the problem. Any other hints I should try to change in the ripbot profile?

[x264settings]
DeblockingStrength=0
DeblockingSensitivity=0
AdaptQuant=1
MotionEstimationAlgorithm=3 - UMH
SubpixelRefinement=7 - RD on all frames
I4X4=1
P4X4=1
P8X8=1
B8X8=1
AdaptDCT=1
I8X8=1
NumberOfRFrames=3
mixedRFrames=1
TrellisQuant=1
CABAC=1
NumberOfBFrames=3
AdaptBFrames=1
BPyramid=1
WeightBPrediction=1
HRD=1
BufferSize=30000
MaxBitrate=30000
Level=level 4.0

The easiest way would ofcourse to start using MeGui instead but Ripbot is so much more on par with my encoding skills from a user perspective.

Dark Shikari
24th October 2008, 17:55
The megui profile has no b-pyramid.

marcmartin
24th October 2008, 18:00
With the [ level 4.0 ] HD . BluRay . Consoles profile in the .8 version of ripbot ( please see below ) it produces files that are not compatible with the Tvix media players. In MeGui the x264_dp_ Standalone-PS3-Xbox360 profile works like a charm but translating between that profile and Ripbots is more then I can manage.

I also observed some playback problems (picture freezing) on my Popcorn Hour using the current RipBot HD profile. This is hardly scientific, but I took a look at the MeGui P3-XBOX360 profile, and made some changes to the RipBot HD profile based on that and the freezing went away. I think the changes I made were: turn off B-Pyramid, turn off Trellis, turn off P4x4, lower buffer and max bitrate to 20000, lower subme to 6. The encoding process is too long to figure out which one of these made the difference, and for all I know simply reencoding with no changes in the profile may have solved the problem!

nurbs
24th October 2008, 19:02
Trellis and subme can't cause problems on hardware players. p4x4 is not allowed in level 4.0 IIRC. b-pyramid might also be a problem.

Ajax_Undone
24th October 2008, 22:14
http://www.mediafire.com/?ixk1oygozaf

Try this profile on for size... I altered it so I wouldn't have problems with some of my stuff.

marcmartin
24th October 2008, 22:23
Try this profile on for size... I altered it so I wouldn't have problems with some of my stuff.

Thanks! I've just compared this with RipBot's built-in HD/BluRay/Console profile, and there are only 2
differences: P4x4 is turned off, and B-Pyramid is
turned off.

Ajax_Undone
24th October 2008, 22:26
Correct I made that adjustment when 1.10.8 came out figures it would help. :-)

It fixed all the problems I was having... As nurbs said just previously those settings are not possible in 4.0 profile...

You can however change to 4.1 but it really only works out good for PS3

Dark Shikari
24th October 2008, 23:52
Trellis and subme can't cause problems on hardware players. p4x4 is not allowed in level 4.0 IIRC. b-pyramid might also be a problem.p4x4 is surely allowed in L4.0.

Ajax_Undone
25th October 2008, 02:35
But my experience p4x4 always causes glitchy frames on my Popcorn Hour and my XBox is allergic to B-pyramid.

Paddy97
25th October 2008, 09:47
Thanks @Ajax_Undone, @marcmartin, @Dark Shikari

Taking away the Bpyramid and P4x4 will create a file that is able to run without problems on the latest Tvix beta firmware but it still reboots the last stable firmware release ( I have two tvix boxes ). I thought I would give Subme 6 ( since that is the level in the working megui profile ) a go as well to see if I can get a working file that also works with the stable firmware.

Thanks for your assistance so far!

Sharc
25th October 2008, 11:21
How can I set set the '--keyint' and '--min-keyint' parameters in the RipBot264 profiles?

nurbs
25th October 2008, 11:41
I thought I would give Subme 6 ( since that is the level in the working megui profile ) a go as well to see if I can get a working file that also works with the stable firmware.

Again, subme can't have an influence on hardware compatibility. subme 6 or 7 are a good compromise between speed and quality in my opinion.

laserfan
25th October 2008, 15:29
How can I set set the '--keyint' and '--min-keyint' parameters in the RipBot264 profiles?Dunno how to set in RB's profiles, but before you click "Start" (after selecting all other options for a job) you can manually edit the Pass1 and Pass2 .cmd files. Atak has expressed some discomfort ;) with users making such changes of course! But it works, and I like to use MeGUI x264 command lines in the RipBot program, because Atak's transparent bitrate calculator is outstanding. :)

If RipBot264 had a more complete x264 profile, and then had an option to pause before the tsMuxeR final step (to allow editing of the .meta file), It'd be perfect. Oh, I found it doesn't always interpret MPEG2 Blu-rays properly i.e. doesn't invoke DGindex as it should. And it uses a build of x264 my P4 doesn't like. But other than that... :p

Paddy97
26th October 2008, 09:58
Dear collegues, thanks for helping me tracking down how to make a profile that is safe for the Tvix HD-M6500/M7000 players. I have now after the last encode been able to produce a videofile that plays without either rebooting or stuttering the player. It also works like a charm on my Popcorn Hour A100 player.

The last thing that needed to get a working profile was to back down to Subme 6 from 7 that the new Ripbot uses. The old version .6 of Ripbot used Subme 6 and that one allways worked. I am aware that Nurbs says that this one can't have an impact but for some reason it does on the tvix. Below you can see the functioning profile. Please use it if you want to. The bitrate can be 30000 and still work but I am using a slightly less value just to keep everything on the safe side.

Once again, thanks for your efforts! I am now a very happy encoder that can take all my Bluray discs and put on the network so that my family gets a jukebox with great quality.

[x264settings]
DeblockingStrength=0
DeblockingSensitivity=0
AdaptQuant=1
MotionEstimationAlgorithm=3 - UMH
SubpixelRefinement=6 - RD on I/P frames
I4X4=1
P4X4=0
P8X8=1
B8X8=1
AdaptDCT=1
I8X8=1
NumberOfRFrames=3
mixedRFrames=1
TrellisQuant=1
CABAC=1
NumberOfBFrames=3
AdaptBFrames=1
BPyramid=0
WeightBPrediction=1
HRD=1
BufferSize=24000
MaxBitrate=24000
Level=level 4.0

nurbs
26th October 2008, 13:11
The last thing that needed to get a working profile was to back down to Subme 6 from 7 that the new Ripbot uses. The old version .6 of Ripbot used Subme 6 and that one allways worked. I am aware that Nurbs says that this one can't have an impact but for some reason it does on the tvix.

Sorry for giving bad advice, but that's very strange. Subme is an analysis option and while it obviously changes the written bitstream it shouldn't change it in any way that causes incompatibility. Maybe, if you feel like it, you could inform the manufacturer of the tvix about that problem.

8ternity
26th October 2008, 18:08
Hi Atak,

I have a question:
Did you think it can be possible to add an Save queue file to saving queue when we need to reboot between two conversion?

Thanks.

Ajax_Undone
26th October 2008, 22:51
October 9th is the last post that Atak made... Wonder where he is... Thank you Paddy97 for getting that to us works great...

slow4mula
27th October 2008, 00:15
has anyone had problems with the matrix revolutions bluray? when i load it into ripbot264 it says there are like 129 chapters and even after selecting 2-pass .bluray @ 8150mb final size it produces 12gb of garbage. I can tell it is going to be fubar right after it starts encoding because the speed is all messed up.

ive done about 100 other blurays with no real problems but this one refuses to work. any ideas?

keysersose
27th October 2008, 13:13
I am stuck on always getting this error -->DirectShow Service: Render File, the filter graph wont talk to me..

this pops up after Ripbot finishes demuxing the input stream..

I searched here and see it has come up before but I can't get past this problem

please help thanks!

nwg
27th October 2008, 13:18
I am stuck on always getting this error -->DirectShow Service: Render File, the filter graph wont talk to me..

this pops up after Ripbot finishes demuxing the input stream..

I searched here and see it has come up before but I can't get past this problem

please help thanks!

Is that the red graph thing that goes over 10 sec and nothing else? I have had the on the last two discs I tried. It did it with audio and video and also just video streams selected.

Ajax_Undone
27th October 2008, 17:45
has anyone had problems with the matrix revolutions bluray? when i load it into ripbot264 it says there are like 129 chapters and even after selecting 2-pass .bluray @ 8150mb final size it produces 12gb of garbage. I can tell it is going to be fubar right after it starts encoding because the speed is all messed up.

ive done about 100 other blurays with no real problems but this one refuses to work. any ideas?

It sounds like it wasn't decrypted properly! what decrypter have you used??

slow4mula
27th October 2008, 21:00
It sounds like it wasn't decrypted properly! what decrypter have you used??

latest version of anydvdhd..

i can play the decrypted m2ts file without any issue (i have nero w/ the hd plugin) so the rip seems to be fine :confused:

Ajax_Undone
28th October 2008, 00:24

i can play the decrypted m2ts file without any issue (i have nero w/ the hd plugin) so the rip seems to be fine :confused:

is it mpeg-2 or avc I know ripbot does not always pick up on mpeg-2 streams...

slow4mula
28th October 2008, 02:44
is it mpeg-2 or avc I know ripbot does not always pick up on mpeg-2 streams...

its vc1...the matrix and matrix reloaded encoded fine

has anyone else done or had problems with matrix revolutions?

slow4mula
28th October 2008, 02:51
it shows 159 chapters after loading into ripbot264 :confused:

http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=revolutionsjb9.jpg

asarian
28th October 2008, 03:36

I converted the new blu-ray Matrix (all 3 of them, actually; plus the Animatrix) with RipBot264 just fine. No problemo. I just fed RipBot264 the .m2ts file, though, without having RipBot264 figure out the BD structure.

~bT~
28th October 2008, 11:25
Hi Atak,

I have a question:
Did you think it can be possible to add an Save queue file to saving queue when we need to reboot between two conversion?

Thanks.

it already does it. untick 'delete temp files' before you start encoding.

mmmmdonut
28th October 2008, 12:16
For those discs that have a 7.1 audio track, is it possible to re encode those tracks to 7.1 aac?

I know the existing versions of RB264 stop at 5.1 but wasnt sure if there are any reasons/issues with doing a 7.1 aac encode.

Thx

asarian
28th October 2008, 13:06

I don't get it. How are you gonna interrupt RipBot264 exactly in-between two jobs? Once it's done with the first, it immediately proceeds to the second (which is good, btw).

Or are you saying you could actually interrupt the current job, and with 'delete temp files' ticked off, that RipBot264 will pick up where it left off? That would be fantastic!

asarian
28th October 2008, 18:58
Changed: Level 4.1 has been changed to Level 4.0 (Reason: some devices do not accept anything above Lv4.0. For example Tvix. Quality settings has not been changed!

Hmm, I wonder why Atak did this? According to wikipedia, there's some sizeable max bitrate differences between the two levels:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264

4 = 20 Mbit/s 25 Mbit/s 60 Mbit/s 80 Mbit/s
4.1 = 50 Mbit/s 50 Mbit/s 150 Mbit/s 200 Mbit/s

Etc. Also, who cares whether Mr. Tuvix can't handle 4.1? Or a PSP? Why should that affect my Blu-Ray profile?

slow4mula
29th October 2008, 00:35
I converted the new blu-ray Matrix (all 3 of them, actually; plus the Animatrix) with RipBot264 just fine. No problemo. I just fed RipBot264 the .m2ts file, though, without having RipBot264 figure out the BD structure.

i tried stripping the m2ts from the bluray with tsmuxer to just the video and ac3 5.1 audio...still produced a ~12gb file when i had it hard set to 8150mb...

ill try re-ripping i guess

asarian
29th October 2008, 02:05

Well, I upgraded to 1.10.8 to get this funtionality, but x264 fails after just a minute or so ("serious error; needs to close" kind). Sigh.

Am I the only one? I haven't had a working Ripbot264 (or x264 rather) since 1.10.5.

asarian
29th October 2008, 02:11
i tried stripping the m2ts from the bluray with tsmuxer to just the video and ac3 5.1 audio...still produced a ~12gb file when i had it hard set to 8150mb...

ill try re-ripping i guess
Well, I wouldn't know about size problems. I always set it to CRF=18, MotionEstimationAlgorithm=4 - ESA, and SubpixelRefinement=7; so the output is comparatively large (and non-predetermined). But I certainly didn't get garbage when recoding.

Nemesis7
29th October 2008, 03:15
I just got an iPhone, and mate... im so thankful for your application. This is too good! Thanks man!

yotsu
29th October 2008, 17:36
Hi Everyone. I have a big big problem with Ripbot264, when i started the job, the conversion doesn't work at all. I only have a message "Conversion is complete" it takes 500 ms to make the entire HD movie... When i preview the script it works, ripbot shows me the video so i really don't understand the thing :s

I reinstall FFDShow and halli media splitter , try different versions of Ripbot264, always the same thing. Impossible to encode :'(. Please help :thanks::thanks:

Ajax_Undone
29th October 2008, 18:54
Are you running it as an Administrator...

Nemesis7
29th October 2008, 19:45
Is it with RipBot264 possible to create a mp4 file that is compatible with the iPhone that:

- has multiple selectable subtitles which can be turned on/off in the iPhone (.srt input)
- has chapters (with names)

If not, are you planning on making this functionality? Thanks mate.

yotsu
29th October 2008, 21:45
Are you running it as an Administrator...

I'm not that stupid :p