PDA

View Full Version : RipBot264 v1.18.3 - Simple and easy to use GUI -> IPOD . PSP . CONSOLES . BLURAY

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83

zirkov
16th August 2008, 13:32
Here's one of my example mp4, http://www.mediafire.com/?dzhfbc1oedx

malgates
16th August 2008, 14:08
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/5883/new1zy6.th.png (http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=new1zy6.png)

Big THX

Atak_Snajpera
16th August 2008, 14:42
Here's one of my example mp4, http://www.mediafire.com/?dzhfbc1oedx
Remove first dot from file name [Cyber12 . com]_Bounen_no_Xamdou_04.mp4
correct file name -> [Cyber12_com]_Bounen_no_Xamdou_04.mp4

zirkov
16th August 2008, 15:00
Thanks you, its working fine right now. Btw any tips for inserting image for 3-5 sec at opening, my file always get ripped by another website.

poisondeathray
16th August 2008, 15:59
Btw any tips for inserting image for 3-5 sec at opening, my file always get ripped by another website.

You can do this through avisynth. Just google "logo, watermark, avisynth." You can add overlays, images, or just a small logo if you want. Here is a sample guide (there are many others floating around):
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=48608

In ripbot264, when you push properties, it shows you the avisynth script. Just manually add it to your script.

zirkov
16th August 2008, 19:37
I tried to follow animesuki's tutor but it alwasy give me "Frame size dont match". Oh well I need learn about avisynth, btw this ripbot save me time, thanks for releasing it ^^

leemjas
17th August 2008, 06:18
[QUOTE=Atak_Snajpera;1170848]1-ref

Good question and I think I know the answer :)

First I go through the properties tab and pick the option build in picture and then I go to the 3 dot subtitle tab and pick the subtitles again.

As i mentioned previously the subtitles display correctly but are not switchable they are burned in the movie.

So what am I doing wrong?

hdpete
17th August 2008, 10:10
Please can someone tell me how I can convert the single flac .thd 5.1 audio file created in Ripbot264's temp folder to 6 seperate channel wavs? As I have SurCode DTS, I want to turn the original TrueHD converted to FLAC by Ripbot into a 1536kbps DTS soundtrack, but I need the individual 6 channels as WAVs to load into SurCode.

Thanks for your advice.

P.S. I've tried conversion with dbPowerAmp, but there's a 4gb wav limit.

BZeeme
17th August 2008, 10:32
I got RipBot264 (v1.10.5) working on my Vista machine but decided to put it on a spare WinXP computer so I can just let it run until done. On the WinXP, after RipBot264 muxes the bluray to MKV, MPC runs and displays an error message about Directshowsource can't open video.mkv due to a certification failure (getinfo.avs, line 20). Any suggestion as to how to correct?

dirk362
17th August 2008, 10:45
I've had plenty of success with BluRay to MKV, and all worked fine with exact sizes, great quality etc. RipBot264 has been an eye-opener of an application that does exactly what people want without overcomplicating things.

I'm now trying a few of my HDDVDs and I'm hitting a brick wall - they all seem to oversize !

If I take an example - Serenity HD-DVD

EVO, 1 video track, 6 audio tracks, 28 subtitle tracks, 1:59:01
"MainMovie"
1: Joined EVO file
2: Chapters, 20 chapters with names
3: VC-1, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9) with pulldown flags
4: E-AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 1536kbit/s, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB, 25ms

Audio track 4 gets converted into FLAC file as per log below:-

[a04] Extracting audio track number 4...
[a04] Removing dialog normalization...
[a04] Decoding with DirectShow (Nero Audio Decoder 2)...
[a04] DirectShow reports 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 48khz
[a04] Applying RAW/PCM delay...
[a04] Encoding FLAC...
[a04] Creating file "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.eac3.flac"...
Video track 3 contains 171228 frames.
eac3to processing took 16 minutes, 51 seconds.
Done.

The resultant FLAC file is 2.76Gb in size. This should leave 5.24Gb for Video

RipBot264 insists if I set 2-Pass, Lock @ 8150, that bitrate is 11093. This of course creates a massively oversized file of 11.9Gb, which even taking into account the 2.76Gb for Audio makes it 9.14Gb for Video, which is wrong as well.

I'd thought the bitrate calculation (please correct me if I'm wrong) for x264 is something like

Video Bitrate = ((Size - (Audio * Length )) / Length) * 8

Which for this disc would be ((8345600 – (192.25 * 7141)) / 7141) * 8
which equates to a Video Bitrate = 7811

Is there something obvious I'm missing here around HDDVD and RipBot264 ? I'm currently trying a different film to check this is reproduceable.

Interestingly (perhaps not) MeGUI reckons that video bitrate should be 6249

I guess the obvious question would be can someone post the details of the calculation method(s) within RipBot264 ?

Atak_Snajpera
17th August 2008, 10:59
First I go through the properties tab and pick the option build in picture and then I go to the 3 dot subtitle tab and pick the subtitles again.

As i mentioned previously the subtitles display correctly but are not switchable they are burned in the movie.

I knew from the begining what you did wrong :) "build in picture" means "they are burned in the movie."

dirk362
What happens if you encode audio to AC3 instead of FLAC?

Atak_Snajpera
17th August 2008, 11:03
On the WinXP, after RipBot264 muxes the bluray to MKV, MPC runs and displays an error message about Directshowsource can't open video.mkv due to a certification failure (getinfo.avs, line 20).
Remove all codec packs, Install latest Windows Media Player , FFDSHOW , HAAli media splitter and AviSynth

dirk362
17th August 2008, 11:21
Atak,

If I encode audio to AC3 instead of FLAC, this creates a "crap" audio file - by this I mean its all there etc, but the audio is choppy, has "clicking" in it for want of a better description. I've never determined why Aften always seems to create bad encodes for me. The PC this is all running on has never had anything other than RipBot264 and Nero 7 installed to ensure I'm not inheriting any bad codec packs etc.

But in terms of output size, I do end up with a valid 2-pass locked to 8150 encode and its the correct size. So going with AC3 640Kbps its correct. Keeping the better audio within FLAC, its wrong.

As a quick sanity check, I am checking 1.10.4 to the muxing stage to see what it states as the bitrate. This is using the versions of eac3to etc that were also in 1.10.4, which do have slight differences (e.g. RipBot264 states length is 1:58:46 for the joined EVO files, whereas eac3to correctly still shows 1:59:1 in the log files). This also states same bitrate as 1.10.5 of 11093

If I therefore wish to progress with HD-DVD then it appears I need to stick with AC3 and therefore I'll have to determine what is breaking the re-encoding of the audio - I do so hate having to rebuild the PC again, but its probably the safest option. I may also try out a VM first just to sanity check the Aften issue once and for all.

If there are any logs etc that would be useful, let me know. I've kept a copy of the working files from the encode (just not the video.mkv and the .flac file to save a bit of disk space)

Atak_Snajpera
17th August 2008, 11:27
If I encode audio to AC3 instead of FLAC, this creates a "crap" audio file - by this I mean its all there etc, but the audio is choppy, has "clicking" in it for want of a better description.
Did you check if .flac is free of "clicking" ? Maybe source .flac is already broken and therefore aften produces corrupted AC3? I've noticed that eac3to uses Nero Decoder. Could you check with libav (remove nero)

Regarding file size with flac audio. I will do some test letter.

dirk362
17th August 2008, 11:33
The FLAC file is fine (checking once its been demuxed) and no issues with audio clicking or drop outs etc.

I will do as you suggest and remove Nero so that libav is used, and post results (will also try with force eac3to to use libav as well just for "intersting" comparison)

dirk362
17th August 2008, 13:06
OK. There turns out there is nothing wrong with the AC3 conversion - it was my SPDIF settings. Somewhere along the line something (possibly me in a fit of stupitity) changed the SPDIF Restrict Sample Rate - this had been set to 48kHz only, so 44kHz wasn't enabled. If I remove the Restriction, output of the converted AC3 file plays fine. So using libav works fine to convert E-AC3 to AC3 640Kbps rather than using FLAC.

There is still the issue of oversized output when using FLAC though. I'd still rather use FLAC for the audio for better quality, so if your testing does turn up a fix, that would be great.

Wishbringer
17th August 2008, 13:26
I am just uploading a cutted 10sec clip (with tsMuxeR 1.8.4b):
http://www.mediafire.com/?ii9cqpbxvcp

It's from a BluRay-Disk.
When selecting stream on BD, I only get Russian TrueHD and Japanese AC3 in dropdown-menu, all other Audio tracks in DTS are not shown.
When making this little example clip, and selecting clip from hdd, all audio tracks are shown in menu.

So there are two thoughts:
Maybe RipBot has two identification routines for BD and m2ts files, and the BD routine don't "see" the DTS tracks,
or tsMuxeR alters the stream that RipBot can handle DTS.
But if 2nd thought is true, it's worthless to upload clips made with tsMuxeR, because Atak_Snajpera only sees working solution and can't narrow down on problem.
Is there another way to make clips? (I cant upload original 44GB stream ;-) )

Atak_Snajpera
17th August 2008, 13:45
There is still the issue of oversized output when using FLAC though.
I will try to fix that.

I'd still rather use FLAC for the audio for better quality, so if your testing does turn up a fix, that would be great.
I would rather use AC3 640kbps audio instead of flac. I prefer better quality video than audio. FLAC audio eats to much bits from video.

When selecting stream on BD, I only get Russian TrueHD and Japanese AC3 in dropdown-menu, all other Audio tracks in DTS are not shown.
Show me what you have in Blu-Ray_structure_info.txt (do not use forum's attachment option!)

~bT~
17th August 2008, 15:29

u dont need to go to properties tab.
select the subs like in the pics below..

http://maxupload.com/img/C6DF3C7B.jpg
http://maxupload.com/img/772069BA.jpg

dbone1026
17th August 2008, 23:04
I have been using Ripbot to convert my Blu Ray/HD DVD rips to mkv, and it has worked like a charm. Now I have set my sights on my standard dvd rips. I was looking to convert them to MP4. Any suggestions on the best settings to use? I would like to maintain as much quality as possible, but try to lock the file size to no more than 2GB'ish. I have an Xbox/PS3 that I could use to stream, but most likely I will use Popcorn Hour or SageTV Extender. Unfortunately I am in the process of running Cat5e wiring in my house, but it probably won't be done for another few weeks, so I won't be able to test the files out on my HDTVs yet (the reason why I thought I would ask now what settings everyone would recommend, don't want to run the risk that I create a bunch of files only to then test them out on my tvs in a few weeks and find out they look like crap). My HDTVs are 42' and 60'. I was thinking about using the following settings:

Video -> 4.1 HD ->2-Pass->2000MB (or should I just use Constant Quality and figure out which one gets me close to 2000MB?)
Audio -> 5.1 CT AAC-LC 320 kbps [abr]
Crop -> Automatically
Size -> Do Not Resize -> 720 x 480 (should I resize to HD-Full/HD-Ready or does that not accomplish anything since these are not HD dvds?)

~bT~
17th August 2008, 23:58
^ The below is what I would do..

Video - L4.1 @ 21 or 22 CQ in MKV (PH plays MKV)
Audio - AAC @ 192 or 256 kbps (320 IMO is overkill)
Crop and resize to SD-PC if source is DVD files as its not clear from your post above as you mention rips..

dbone1026
18th August 2008, 00:27
Dirk - I have had the same problem. I have converted 2 HD DVD movies, both using same presets (locking file size at 8150MB). First movie came out at 11.7GB, the second movie came out at 7.93GB. It appears the that first file suffered from the same issue that you had, second file came out perfect. I am going to try and encode a third file tonight, lets see what result I get.

Ajax_Undone
18th August 2008, 05:30
Depends on source the better quality of source the bigger file you get regardless of set size... Had the same problem with Divx about a year ago...

Selur
18th August 2008, 07:12
@Atak_Snajpera: What formula did you end up for calculating the muxing overhead for .m2ts files?

leemjas
18th August 2008, 10:17
u dont need to go to properties tab.
select the subs like in the pics below..

http://maxupload.com/img/C6DF3C7B.jpg
http://maxupload.com/img/772069BA.jpg

Thanks you have been a great help ..

BZeeme
18th August 2008, 10:50
"On the WinXP, after RipBot264 muxes the bluray to MKV, MPC runs and displays an error message about Directshowsource can't open video.mkv due to a certification failure (getinfo.avs, line 20)."

Remove all codec packs, Install latest Windows Media Player , FFDSHOW , HAAli media splitter and AviSynth

No codec packs. Upgraded from WMP10 to WMP11 - problem corrected. Thank you.

lmao2k
18th August 2008, 10:50
I'm getting this error all the time after the program finishes remuxing to mkv

http://www.gotany.info/tmp/error.png

I'm running server 2003 SP2 with all the latest updates as of 24hrs ago. WMP 11 and I did a clean install of ripbot264, ffdshow & avisynth. I never used to get this problem and so a bit baffled to why it is happening now.

Any ideas?

Thanks

aeroliteflyer
18th August 2008, 12:28
First let me say, this is the first program I have used that converted my .mpg (DVD rip) to h.264 reliably and with perfect audio sync and smooth video. I had several movies encoded for my iPhone 1. Everthing was good. then I downloaded to 2.0.1, and now on the iPhone it says "this movie format not supported". I have tried turning all settings off and everything I could think of, still nothing. I used videora, and those play just fine on the iphone, as well as some others, but I cant get them to get the good audio sync and smooth video that I have gotten using ripbot. So I am just wondering what I am missing, maybe one of you knows what in the world apple changed to not like these encodings now. I tried the ones i had, that were working perfectly, and i tried doing them again. I know its something with the new iphone software, and not ripbot, just wondering if anyone here might know what is throwing off new iphone software. Apparently i am not the only one either. Thanks for any responses.

Chris

dbone1026
18th August 2008, 12:40
I'm getting this error all the time after the program finishes remuxing to mkv

http://www.gotany.info/tmp/error.png

I'm running server 2003 SP2 with all the latest updates as of 24hrs ago. WMP 11 and I did a clean install of ripbot264, ffdshow & avisynth. I never used to get this problem and so a bit baffled to why it is happening now.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ah, the dreaded FFmpegSource error. I received the same error, I don't know if this is the same problem as you are having. Atak suggested that I take the original m2ts file and create a new one using TsRemux, and then use the new file with Ripbot. This worked like a charm. I only get this error once in a while with specific files, but the TsRemux rebuild seems to do the trick.

lmao2k
18th August 2008, 13:17
Ah, the dreaded FFmpegSource error. I received the same error, I don't know if this is the same problem as you are having. Atak suggested that I take the original m2ts file and create a new one using TsRemux, and then use the new file with Ripbot. This worked like a charm. I only get this error once in a while with specific files, but the TsRemux rebuild seems to do the trick.

I shall give that a go now and report back.

Thanks

lmao2k
18th August 2008, 14:47
TsRemux reports an error with the streams and on completion the resulting file is unresponsive. I'll have another play with the stream to see if I can fix it.

~bT~
18th August 2008, 14:56
First let me say, this is the first program I have used that converted my .mpg (DVD rip) to h.264 reliably and with perfect audio sync and smooth video. I had several movies encoded for my iPhone 1. Everthing was good. then I downloaded to 2.0.1, and now on the iPhone it says "this movie format not supported". I have tried turning all settings off and everything I could think of, still nothing. I used videora, and those play just fine on the iphone, as well as some others, but I cant get them to get the good audio sync and smooth video that I have gotten using ripbot. So I am just wondering what I am missing, maybe one of you knows what in the world apple changed to not like these encodings now. I tried the ones i had, that were working perfectly, and i tried doing them again. I know its something with the new iphone software, and not ripbot, just wondering if anyone here might know what is throwing off new iphone software. Apparently i am not the only one either. Thanks for any responses.

Chris
i have the same firmware & i use these settings which have worked gr8 so far!

http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1170284&postcount=2209

aeroliteflyer
18th August 2008, 15:37
Thanks for the info, i will try those settings tonight. Just out of curiousity, are you using the deinterlace/decimate filters. i am using those 2. Also, are you importing that into itunes then using itunes to "convert to iphone"?? thanks again..

Chris

~bT~
18th August 2008, 17:08
^ depending on the source (dvd files, interlaced or double fps ts), i would use deinterlace/decimate otherwise, no.

no, i'm importing to itunes then direct to ipod. no other conversion.

dirk362
18th August 2008, 18:52
Dirk - I have had the same problem. I have converted 2 HD DVD movies, both using same presets (locking file size at 8150MB). First movie came out at 11.7GB, the second movie came out at 7.93GB. It appears the that first file suffered from the same issue that you had, second file came out perfect. I am going to try and encode a third file tonight, lets see what result I get.

I've done another 3 HD-DVD encodes, leaving audio as do not encode (therefore as FLAC). One came out correct size, one oversized at 11.2Gb and one oversized at 10.9Gb. The correctly sized one has quite low bitrate for video of 6830 Kbps, which for a 2h18m film is too low, and it shows.

I'm going to go with the recommendation and encode to AC3 640Kbps, and put more bits aside for video. It only adds a few minutes processing, and in two tests the audio/video is fully sync'ed.

asarian
18th August 2008, 19:55
Thanks, Atak. I got the ffdshow issue resolved now. But while rendering, in Windows 2008, I get the following error after a few hours:

"x264 has stopped working"

I tried to upgrade the x264 version you include in your package, but RipBot264 (v1.10.5) immediately says all jobs are finished when I do that. Is there a way I can bypass that?

BZeeme
19th August 2008, 10:40
Thanks, Atak. I got the ffdshow issue resolved now. But while rendering, in Windows 2008, I get the following error after a few hours:

"x264 has stopped working"

I tried to upgrade the x264 version you include in your package, but RipBot264 (v1.10.5) immediately says all jobs are finished when I do that. Is there a way I can bypass that?

I just had this error last night on my Vista computer. The computer is fairly new and I've run Ripbot264 successfully before so I tried defragging. I then went back to RipBot, used "edit" to review my settings and restarted the processing. It is still running after 8 hours.

aeroliteflyer
19th August 2008, 19:36
~bt~, i tried that profile you sent, worked perfectly. amazing!!. thanks for the help.

chris

asarian
19th August 2008, 21:30
I just had this error last night on my Vista computer. The computer is fairly new and I've run Ripbot264 successfully before so I tried defragging. I then went back to RipBot, used "edit" to review my settings and restarted the processing. It is still running after 8 hours.

Thanks. But I somehow doubt defragging will stop x264 from hanging. I tried AVC -> AVC last night (just for test), and x264 crashed almost immediately. I'd rather Atak tell us how we can update the x264 prog in his distro. :)

Ajax_Undone
19th August 2008, 22:42

Is it still processing the same movie? (8 hours)

wakebrder
20th August 2008, 01:32
Just an FYI guys: BD-25 = 23098 MB according to Image Burn.

If you've got that much to work with, I might suggest giving a little cushion. (just sayin')

~bT~
20th August 2008, 03:11
~bt~, i tried that profile you sent, worked perfectly. amazing!!. thanks for the help.

chris

gr8 to hear! maybe Atak can change the profile in future build?

BZeeme
20th August 2008, 10:18
Is it still processing the same movie? (8 hours)

Yes. All 5 blurays I converted to BD9s took about 3 hours for pass 1 and 6 to 10 hours for pass 2. Vista Home Premium, Core 2 Duo E8500, 4G DDR2, 4 SATA 300 HDDs.

topsham
20th August 2008, 17:39
Can anyone give me a link to the 64 bit version of x264.exe to use with Vista 64 and Ripbot264?

illestdomer2005
20th August 2008, 22:00
Hey guys, I am new here, and I've browsed this thread but probably missed some stuff; so, if my question has been asked and answered, I apologize. Anyhow, I've got a new comp with an LG GGC-H20L BD-ROM, 780i mobo, Q6700 2.66GHz Quad-core, 2 GB DDR2 RAM, 8800 GT GPU, and 500 GB SATA HD. When I fire RipBot up, it seems to take an inordinately long time processing my .m2ts files before it even gives me the option to enqueue the job. Does RipBot demux the selected audio and video file into a single video and audio stream before it'll run or...? It just took roughly 3 hours before my Hellboy BD (ripped to hard drive first) was even available for compression. Do I have a codec issue or something? If so, how can I completely start from scratch and install what I need -- and only what I need to avoid potential conflicts -- and in what order should I install?

I know I am a bit of a "n00b" with this stuff, but I appreciate any help. Thanks guys. Oh, and I've used XVID4PSP to also convert my BDs into MP4s and MKVs. It doesn't seem to take nearly the prep time, but it has its own pet issues, I guess. I just wanted to fix whatever problems I'm having with RipBot since everybody seems to love it.

~bT~
20th August 2008, 23:56
^ it shouldn't take 3 hours but i can see a slight issue which may have a considerable effect here.

you have 1 hard drive.

and yes, it does demux before you can continue to queue.

Ajax_Undone
21st August 2008, 01:10
Can anyone give me a link to the 64 bit version of x264.exe to use with Vista 64 and Ripbot264?

I don't think anyone has yet built a x64 bit version of x264 I know ffdshow has x64 bit builds of there own codecs and filters but beyond that not much has come out for x64 on the codec end...

Ripbot264 currently as it is works on Vista x64 and it uses the 32bit x264 exe...

If your having problems then maybe post a log so the developer can help you...

dirk362
21st August 2008, 14:07
In some of my encodes I've noticed some unwanted blocking, most notable in scenes where they fade up or down (e.g. fade at end of movie, fade between acts).

Having compared encodes from several sources, as well as lots of investigation around the web and forums, as well as DVXA settings in "competing" applications, I'd like to canvass people's opinions/views around some of the settings in the current level 4.1 profile.

deblock - At present we have 1:0:0, which is defaults in x264. When not using cqm, there is some value to using 1:-1:-1 to retain detail. Has any one done any comparison encodes ? Certainly it seems 1:-1:-1 will retain better detail without blocking when not using cqm.

trellis & psy_rd - When using RDO, x264 wiki seems to state that trellis=2 is preferred to trellis=0, as that will retain quality over speed of encode.

ref - Max for 1080p is 4, max for 720p is 9. Is 3 a good average, and does RipBot264 take this into account and adjust this based on avisynth resizing if not encoding to 1920x1080 ?
However, as we use b_pyramids, are we actually stating ref=4, but then applying the -1 to this value to fix x264 and its (potential) issues with b-pyramids ?

keyint & min-keyint - Everything I read states this should be based around framerate. So for HD/BluRay, shouldn't these be 240 & 24 ? They always seem to be the default of 250 & 25.

Any thoughts from anyone ?

I'm going to perform an encode of a single chapter from a BluRay with the default level 4.1 profile, and then the same with "my" values by creating a custom 4.1 profile and compare them at same frame (by eye)

daWsOn_s
21st August 2008, 16:16
Hello,
I've upgraded to 1.50.5 from 1.8.x and now when I set a list of video to convert everytime it finishes one file it say in status "Muxing.." (anyway the file is already finished and ready to play) that lasts for ever. I have to abort and restart every file:confused:

is there anyway I can drag & drop or insert a lot of files together without choosing each one and setting the same global settings?

riptorn
21st August 2008, 17:10
The app seems to be using all 8 cores on my pc but on the first pass cpu only runs around 20% so I get 13fps; on the second pass im hitting 20-22fps. Any reason?

topsham
21st August 2008, 22:27
I don't think anyone has yet built a x64 bit version of x264 I know ffdshow has x64 bit builds of there own codecs and filters but beyond that not much has come out for x64 on the codec end...

Ripbot264 currently as it is works on Vista x64 and it uses the 32bit x264 exe...

If your having problems then maybe post a log so the developer can help you...Thank you. Ripbot is working OK but I'd seen references on Google to a 64 bit version and was hoping for a speed increase.

poisondeathray
21st August 2008, 22:31
Thank you. Ripbot is working OK but I'd seen references on Google to a 64 bit version and was hoping for a speed increase.

You might get a speed increase by using the old 64-bit version, but you lose all the quality enhancements inplemented in the 32-bit version over the last while

Ajax_Undone
22nd August 2008, 00:19
I have most of the code that I used to build the last installer set some is garbled and needs re written so I am going to take this opportunity to build the new installer in inno...

Still banking on a 2.0 release but know the latest installer has an update app so once a new version is released you can just update with no problem...

b@nned
22nd August 2008, 04:22
i am having a problem i hope you guys can help me with...

I ripped entourage: season 1 episode 1 and added it to ripbot and tried to convert it but it comes out like this:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e3/ge0rgieee/snapshot20080821231741.jpg

this does not happen with other dvds... what should I do to fix this?

Ajax_Undone
22nd August 2008, 05:06
Its called combing
use deinterlace and decimate to fix it... The decimation will keep audio aligned

It happens in interlaced films not all films are interlaced some are progressive...

Read this it gives really helpful info... http://www.digital-digest.com/nickyguides/interlace.htm

b@nned
22nd August 2008, 05:24
Its called combing
use deinterlace and decimate to fix it... The decimation will keep audio aligned

which one should I pick?

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e3/ge0rgieee/01-3.jpg

Ajax_Undone
22nd August 2008, 05:34
I usually choose Top Feild 29.97 It really depends on where it starts top or bottom in the pic it looks as if it starts on top so choose top first... Also on the next page select decimate to keep the audio in sync

I also use auto crop so as not to have any residual black lines that take up space in size as well as space in screen

illestdomer2005
22nd August 2008, 06:29
^ it shouldn't take 3 hours but i can see a slight issue which may have a considerable effect here.

you have 1 hard drive.

and yes, it does demux before you can continue to queue.

Pardon my ignorance, but what difference does a single hard drive make? I guess I could understand how the RPMs or cache might have an effect on the time it takes, but not having multiple HDDs in RAID?

I mean, I can use TSMuxer to parse MUCH quicker than RipBot seems to do, and I figured that was one of the tools that the GUI used. I'm currently using XVID4PSP just because it's much easier for me to use, gives me pretty good results, and just seems to jive with my hardware best lol

But no other ideas why it takes RipBot so long? I found that it also took MEGui a really long time (over an hour) to "analyse" my input before I finally got too impatient to wait any longer.

If this really IS a hard drive issue, I might have to look into adding another one or two!

aeroliteflyer
22nd August 2008, 12:25
I have ripbot 1.9.2, used it with no problems. I have many DVD's i ripped to MPEG 2 for my computer, and i use ripbot to conver to h.264, no problems. On all the movies, everyone on the main screen says 29.97, so i assume that means interlaced, so i select deinterlace and tdecimate, no problems. audio sync is also perfect. I started using 1.10.4, and some of the movies are now detect as 23.976, which i assume is progressive. so now the option to deinterlace and tdecimate are gone. but after i convert the movies, the audio is slightly out of sync, which i assume is due to the tdecimate/deinterlace issue. But i go back and use 1.9.2 and everything is fine there? I obviously would like to use the later versions, but not sure what i am doing wrong, everything to this point has been pretty straight forward. Thanks for any info..

chris

aeroliteflyer
22nd August 2008, 12:34
Ok update, sorry for the wrong info, i am using 1.10.5 as the new version and 1.9.2

Chris

dirk362
22nd August 2008, 14:17
Is there any way to add extra x264 command line switches into the .ini files ? When you customise a profile within the interface, only a small set of parameters are there. This is entirely correct for everyday use as we're trying to have a simple easy to use system.

There are however a couple of parameters I'd really like to use into the ini file. I can of course edit the two batch files for the two passes to add these, but its a pain to remember, and also you have to recognise the differences between pass1 and pass2 in terms of parameters to pass.

I don't want to complicate the product as I find its straight-forward approach refreshing when you compare to other options out there. But then again, its always nice to be able to put the odd extra tweak in via some form of advanced settings...

duramaximus
22nd August 2008, 20:14
Is it possible to keep the HD audio track in a Bluray and still re-encode the video?

I would like to shrink down all my Blurays keeping the main video file, english subtitle and the best audio track in HD form.

My future goal is to back up all my Blurays to BD-25 someday.

I am not sure if ripbot can achieve this all by itself or is other software required.

duramaximus
22nd August 2008, 21:51
Ok, upon further reading of the forums I have a couple more questions about lossless audio.

COPY STREAM option in audio will convert to FLAC.

Is FLAC the same as TrueHD and DTS-HD?

Thanks

jtheripper
23rd August 2008, 08:05
I have backed up a couple of Blurays keeping the main movie and the lossless audio only. True that copy stream converts lossless audio but that does not matter. You can use TSMUXer after you encode the movie in ripbot. First I rip the bluray disc to my HD and then use tsmuxer to select only the main movie and lossless audio from the m2ts file. Then I demux them. , if less then 22.5GB total then you dont need to do anything else except mux them together. If it is over that (which most dual layer BD are that have lossless audio) then you need to shrink the size in ripbot. In tsmuxer you select the m2ts file you created in ripbot then uncheck the audio track and check the h.264 track . Next you open the original m2ts bluray file in tsmuxer and uncheck the h.264 file and check the lossless audio file. Then mux the 2 selected files into bluray. Works great. only problem is that it seems that there is some video stuttering sometimes in high action scenes on the ripbot encode. Probably the parameters the program uses for the encode.

hdpete
23rd August 2008, 08:41
Is it possible to keep the HD audio track in a Bluray and still re-encode the video?

I would like to shrink down all my Blurays keeping the main video file, english subtitle and the best audio track in HD form.

My future goal is to back up all my Blurays to BD-25 someday.

I am not sure if ripbot can achieve this all by itself or is other software required.

I agree, this is what I want but unfortunately Audio Copy Stream doesn't mean that for DD+, DTS HD, TRUEHD or LPCM, they all get converted to FLAC. It would be nice to have the option of leaving them intact and have a Lock Size for a 25gb BD-R. Instead I'm doing the same as jtheripper, doing a video only shrink where necessary using RipBot and using TSMuxer to add the HD audio after. Not too much of a problem but just takes more time and a bit of guess work to make sure your finished file size isn't too big!

Auzentech are soon bringing out a soundcard which links to you graphics card and will then output a video/audio signal via HDMI. This will have the capability to stream HD Audio from your PC to a suitable amp. Having just bought an Onkyo TX-NR905, I can't wait.

duramaximus
23rd August 2008, 14:42
I have backed up a couple of Blurays keeping the main movie and the lossless audio only. True that copy stream converts lossless audio but that does not matter. You can use TSMUXer after you encode the movie in ripbot. First I rip the bluray disc to my HD and then use tsmuxer to select only the main movie and lossless audio from the m2ts file. Then I demux them. , if less then 22.5GB total then you dont need to do anything else except mux them together. If it is over that (which most dual layer BD are that have lossless audio) then you need to shrink the size in ripbot. In tsmuxer you select the m2ts file you created in ripbot then uncheck the audio track and check the h.264 track . Next you open the original m2ts bluray file in tsmuxer and uncheck the h.264 file and check the lossless audio file. Then mux the 2 selected files into bluray. Works great. only problem is that it seems that there is some video stuttering sometimes in high action scenes on the ripbot encode. Probably the parameters the program uses for the encode.

Holy crapper batman! I didn't know you could do that.

Thanks, I am trying it out as we speak.

duramaximus
23rd August 2008, 15:15

OK, let me see if I heard you correctly.

Tools needed.....

Ripbot264
tsMuxeR

1. Open movie in tsMuxeR and check main movie, HD audio and english and click demux.
2. After demuxing, check to see if the files all add up to 22.5GB or less.
3. If files above are 22.5GB or less use Imgburn (UDF2.5) and create an image to burn.
4. If files above are 22.5 or greater then use Ripbot to re-encode m2ts file demuxed by tsMuxeR.
5. Open Ripbot264 and select m2ts and ac3 file demuxed by tsMuxeR, re-encode file's to desired size.
6. Open tsMuxeR and select the m2ts file you created in ripbot then uncheck the audio track and check the h.264 track.
7. Open the original m2ts bluray file in tsmuxer and uncheck the h.264 file and check the lossless audio file.
8. Then mux the 2 selected files into bluray.

Does that sound correct?

dirk362
23rd August 2008, 15:21
In job1_EncodeVideoPass1.cmd settings are
--subme 2
--me dia
--analyse none

In job1_EncodeVideoPass2.cmd settings are the final output of
--subme 6 (or whatever is set in profile)
--me umh (or whatver is set in profile)
--analyse all

I appreciate there is some evidence that a speedy first-pass using no analysis and dia motion will not dramatically affect quality. But for those of us striving (with HD-DVD/BluRay source) for quality, is there any benefit in me editing the files before running them ?

Ajax_Undone
23rd August 2008, 15:47
In job1_EncodeVideoPass1.cmd settings are
--subme 2
--me dia
--analyse none

In job1_EncodeVideoPass2.cmd settings are the final output of
--subme 6 (or whatever is set in profile)
--me umh (or whatver is set in profile)
--analyse all

I appreciate there is some evidence that a speedy first-pass using no analysis and dia motion will not dramatically affect quality. But for those of us striving (with HD-DVD/BluRay source) for quality, is there any benefit in me editing the files before running them ?

If you feel that the presets are not satisfactory you can edit them and run them separate from ripbot or write a new ini file that holds your specific presets... As far as quality is concerned if you want a lot of quality CQ22 is pretty good at maintaining as much as possible with out a overly huge file.

If your doing bitrate which it looks like you are. Most of the quality is spread about by the amount of bits selected and can result in poor or great quality dependent on source and amount of bits selected vs length of Video. Video encoding is a variable based on length and source that is why vbr encoding exists it allows a quantisizer value to use a variable instruction set to measure quality not bitrate.

A speedie first pass just breaks down the video really fast and a lot of bits of information can be lost in the process. you might as well upscale the DVD forum and encode using 1 pass. You'd get about the same quality...

Fast is good if you don't care for quality but it defeats the purpose of using HD source... If you give the processor the time to work on the file using a slow first pass you will retain a lot of the quality and the second pass can do the same...

hdpete
23rd August 2008, 18:39
OK, let me see if I heard you correctly.

Tools needed.....

Ripbot264
tsMuxeR

1. Open movie in tsMuxeR and check main movie, HD audio and english and click demux.
2. After demuxing, check to see if the files all add up to 22.5GB or less.
3. If files above are 22.5GB or less use Imgburn (UDF2.5) and create an image to burn.
4. If files above are 22.5 or greater then use Ripbot to re-encode m2ts file demuxed by tsMuxeR.
5. Open Ripbot264 and select m2ts and ac3 file demuxed by tsMuxeR, re-encode file's to desired size.
6. Open tsMuxeR and select the m2ts file you created in ripbot then uncheck the audio track and check the h.264 track.
7. Open the original m2ts bluray file in tsmuxer and uncheck the h.264 file and check the lossless audio file.
8. Then mux the 2 selected files into bluray.

Does that sound correct?

Assuming you can't get the size below 22.5gb by just re-muxing using TSMuxer....

1. Select the demux option in TSMuxer and then tick any of the audio and subtitle streams you want to keep for your BD-25 disc. This is really just to find out what their total size is.
2. Import the main movie M2TS file into Ripbot and select NO AUDIO and NO SUBTITLES.
3. Re-encode the video only in Ripbot using the Blu-Ray option, 2-pass. Subtract the total size of the demuxed audio and subtitle stream(s) you want to keep from 22500mb (I think 23000mb should be OK, but stick to 22500mb to be on the safe side) to give you the lock size which you can overtype the presets, this should then mean that the resulting video size will be small enough to allow the addition of your demuxed audio later.
4. In properties, do automatic crop and then select Full HD in resize.
5. Add the Ripbot re-encoded blu-ray movie stream to TSMuxer and then add the earlier demuxed audio/subtitle file(s), and mux together using the Blu-Ray option.

If you did your maths right you'll have a blu-ray with original audio intact and a slightly reduced video that'll fit on a BD-25.

duramaximus
23rd August 2008, 21:05
Assuming you can't get the size below 22.5gb by just re-muxing using TSMuxer....

1. Select the demux option in TSMuxer and then tick any of the audio and subtitle streams you want to keep for your BD-25 disc. This is really just to find out what their total size is.
2. Import the main movie M2TS file into Ripbot and select NO AUDIO and NO SUBTITLES.
3. Re-encode the video only in Ripbot using the Blu-Ray option, 2-pass. Subtract the total size of the demuxed audio and subtitle stream(s) you want to keep from 22500mb (I think 23000mb should be OK, but stick to 22500mb to be on the safe side) to give you the lock size which you can overtype the presets, this should then mean that the resulting video size will be small enough to allow the addition of your demuxed audio later.
4. In properties, do automatic crop and then select Full HD in resize.
5. Add the Ripbot re-encoded blu-ray movie stream to TSMuxer and then add the earlier demuxed audio/subtitle file(s), and mux together using the Blu-Ray option.

If you did your maths right you'll have a blu-ray with original audio intact and a slightly reduced video that'll fit on a BD-25.

Why do you do an automatic crop in step 4?

Isnt the Bluray already in Full HD?

~bT~
23rd August 2008, 22:07
^ ignore step 4

duramaximus
23rd August 2008, 23:02
Oooops, I forgot about BDedit.

How does this sound so far?

Tools needed.....

Ripbot264
tsMuxeR
BDedit

1. Determine if Bluray main movie is one file or several. If movie is several files use BDedit to find play list.

2. Open movie or play list in tsMuxeR and check main movie, HD audio and english and click demux.

3. After demuxing, check to see if the files all add up to 22.5GB or less.

4. If files above are 22.5GB or less use Imgburn (UDF2.5) and create an image to burn.

5. If files above are 22.5GB or greater then use Ripbot to re-encode m2ts file demuxed by tsMuxeR.

6. Open Ripbot264 and import m2ts file (No Audio, No Subtitle) demuxed by tsMuxeR.

7. Re-encode m2ts file (Bluray, 2 Pass, 2250MB Lock Size minus HD Audio and Subtitle size from step 1.

8. Open tsMuxeR and select the m2ts file you created in ripbot (Steps 5 through 8) then uncheck the audio track and check the h.264 track.

9. Open the original m2ts bluray file in tsMuxeR (Step 1) and uncheck the h.264 file and check the lossless audio file.

10. Then mux the 2 selected files into bluray.

11. Use Imgburn (UDF2.5) and create an image to burn.

sethk
24th August 2008, 03:29
Hello - I apologize if this repeats an existing question, but I couldn't find an answer - every time I point the latest build of RibBot264 at any video file(s), it pauses for a minute with a demux message then pops up media player classic. Media Player Classic just says "opening..." and never does anything, although it is consuming about 25% CPU cycles.
I have the latest FFDShow build, latest AVISynth, clean Vista 32bit install. Any clues?

Ajax_Undone
24th August 2008, 05:35
Incorrectly ripped video... (ie still under DRM's crap spell)... What video is it???

hdpete
24th August 2008, 08:04
Why do you do an automatic crop in step 4?

Isnt the Bluray already in Full HD?

The automatic crop is so you're not wasting time encoding the black bars at the top and bottom of the picture, then by resizing, Ripbot puts the bars back to make the image 1920x1080.

IYG
24th August 2008, 09:08
I just checked out the new version and there is an option "denoise"
What is it?

dirk362
24th August 2008, 12:15
After performing dozens of tweaks across a range of parameters against a 10 second section of HD-DVD video, I've identified "my personal preference" for settings. I will perform a longer encode now with these to confirm they work across a range of video. Settings are:-

pass1.cmd
--pass 1 --bitrate 6424 --stats "job1.stats" --level 4.1 --sar 1:1 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 30000 --vbv-maxrate 30000 --filter 0,0 --bframes 16 --trellis 2 --no-fast-pskip --merange 64 --keyint 240 --min-keyint 24 --deadzone-inter 6 --deadzone-intra 4 --b-adapt 1 --b-pyramid --direct auto --subme 2 --analyse none --me dia --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim

pass2.cmd
--pass 2 --bitrate 6424 --stats "job1.stats" --level 4.1 --sar 1:1 --aud --nal-hrd --vbv-bufsize 30000 --vbv-maxrate 30000 --filter 0,0 --ref 5 --mixed-refs --bframes 16 --trellis 2 --no-fast-pskip --merange 64 --keyint 240 --min-keyint 24 --deadzone-inter 6 --deadzone-intra 4 --deblock 1:0:0 --psy-rd 1.000000 --b-adapt 1 --b-pyramid --b-rdo --bime --weightb --direct auto --subme 7 --analyse all --8x8dct --me umh --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim

There are some weird ones in here, but they do make a difference. Obviously bitrate is calculated by disc to fit to 8150.

bframes=16 - this just allows x264 to work upto the maximum. With adaptive B-frame decision on (the default behavior), it is safe to use higher values; the encoder will reduce the use of B-frames in scenes where they would hurt compression. The encoder rarely chooses to use more than 3 or 4 B-frames, but setting it to 3 as most people do only forces the encoder to not be able to flex this value as needed.
merange=64 - significantly improves ME by checking larger radius size (64 pixels), this being the most obvious setting to introduce quality over encoding time
trellis=2 - enabled on all mode decisions for RD quantization, and this needs to be set in both passes to ensure consistent behaviour and also to keep bitrate in line
deadzone-inter=6 ) I found using these two values instead of the default of 21,11 improves
deadzone-intra=4 ) quaility (to human eye) without the macroblocking that deblock 1:-1:-1 (or lower) can introduce

True, the above increases encode time by upto 30%, but when working to fixed size 2-pass as I am, I wanted to get the best I can into the 8150Mb, and as encodes run overnight, I'm not worried it takes a bit longer.

Yes, I'm sure that cq=22 could potentially get me an overall better quality encode, but the randomness of the final filesize isn't what I'm after. Otherwise with hard disk prices as they are, I'd just do 1:1 and mux only what I want to keep as others in this thread have recently been discussing.

I am now working out how to get these into a custom .ini file that gets accepted as, unless I'm doing something wrong, some settings are overwritten by an internal process within Ripbot264.

For those interested, the attached RAR file has the output of all the commands and a comparison from media-info of the two resultant encodes.

poisondeathray
24th August 2008, 15:06
I just checked out the new version and there is an option "denoise"
What is it?

You can look at the changes in the .avs script when selecting the option in the right window.

for denoise film selected:
FFT3DGPU(video,sigma=1.25).gradfun2db

You can google these filters if you want more specific info. There is a specific thread for each on Doom9. If you push the "preview script" button you can visually preview it

duramaximus
24th August 2008, 16:55
The automatic crop is so you're not wasting time encoding the black bars at the top and bottom of the picture, then by resizing, Ripbot puts the bars back to make the image 1920x1080.

OK, I did not know that.

Does this speed up the process at all?

hdpete
24th August 2008, 17:33
OK, I did not know that.

Does this speed up the process at all?

I can't say that I've noticed it, but it makes sense if you think about it. No sense in getting Ripbot to encode black bars which aren't part of the movie you're going to watch. By adding the Full HD option, the bars are put in automatically, I assume after encoding to make a Blu-Ray compliant 1080p video. Most video encoders give you the option to crop for the same reason, e.g. DIVX and Nero Recode.

duramaximus
24th August 2008, 17:54
I can't say that I've noticed it, but it makes sense if you think about it. No sense in getting Ripbot to encode black bars which aren't part of the movie you're going to watch. By adding the Full HD option, the bars are put in automatically, I assume after encoding to make a Blu-Ray compliant 1080p video. Most video encoders give you the option to crop for the same reason, e.g. DIVX and Nero Recode.

OK, i'll bite. I will try this out on my next project.

Thanks

dm1105
25th August 2008, 14:11
OK, i'll bite. I will try this out on my next project.

Thanks

If you don't mind brother, can you tell us here at the forum if this process will speed up the encoding process after you've applied these settings on your next project? Truly, I'm surprised this topic hasn't been mentioned yet.

I believe the reason people like you and I haven't used this feature is because perhaps we were afraid we would end up with an undesired aspect ratio i.e. where the movie seems to be strecthed vertically.

daWsOn_s
25th August 2008, 15:11
Hello,
I've upgraded to 1.50.5 from 1.8.x and now when I set a list of video to convert everytime it finishes one file it say in status "Muxing.." (anyway the file is already finished and ready to play) that lasts for ever. I have to abort and restart every file:confused:

is there anyway I can drag & drop or insert a lot of files together without choosing each one and setting the same global settings?

:confused:

hdpete
25th August 2008, 18:06
If you don't mind brother, can you tell us here at the forum if this process will speed up the encoding process after you've applied these settings on your next project? Truly, I'm surprised this topic hasn't been mentioned yet.

I believe the reason people like you and I haven't used this feature is because perhaps we were afraid we would end up with an undesired aspect ratio i.e. where the movie seems to be strecthed vertically.

It won't stretch the image, but be aware if you do this on a small clip of a film which is quite dark, the automatic setting might not pick up the difference between the black bars and the movie picture. It should normally be no more than about 140 on the top and bottom for a 2:40:1 movie. If you get any numbers to the left or right, I just manually put them back to zero, just crop the black bars at the top and bottom.

Bootstrap
25th August 2008, 18:33

No, it does not. It can add or remove borders BEFORE you encode by changing your AVS-script. How would you ever do this after you encoded a movie, that's not possible. So, since your original has already got the propper resolution you should ignore step 4.

Bootstrap
25th August 2008, 18:36
ATAK, great program thanks for your hard work on it.

I think there is still a bug in the ass=>srt conversion. The markers are indeed gone but the marker for a new line is not converted to an actual new line in the srt. Lines tend to become too large because of this.

riptorn
25th August 2008, 21:40
I am having issues with crashing; vista seems to bluescreen mid way through the conversion... any ideas? event logs dont tell me much.

Bigmango
25th August 2008, 22:41
How can I update the version of x264 ripbot uses?

Everytime I try to replace the x264.exe (in the tools directory) (today I tried version 949, but I have also tried with other versions) with the latest version of the x264.exe from megui it doesn't work. When I then click on "start" to start encoding a queued project it immediately tells me "All Jobs finished" without encoding anything.

Why doesn't it work and where can I get an updated x264.exe that is working with ripbot?

Thanks

~bT~
25th August 2008, 23:02
^ r941 is the only one from the updates which works for me..

~bT~
25th August 2008, 23:06
No, it does not. It can add or remove borders BEFORE you encode by changing your AVS-script. How would you ever do this after you encoded a movie, that's not possible. So, since your original has already got the propper resolution you should ignore step 4.
not forgetting that resizing will slow the encode down and also in this case is an unnecessary step :)

prettyboy85712
26th August 2008, 07:07
Looking for some direction. I'm attempting to backup a SD-DVD series to Blu-ray disc (BD5). Each disc has 4 episodes, each with subtitles. If I encode each episode as a separate job in the que, choose Blu-ray disc option and use same output path will the resulting BD5 have all 4 episodes? Or, would each job overwrite the previous resulting in just the fourth episode being on the disc?

I'm in the process of testing this, but my machine is slow by today's standards and will take most of the night/day to get the results.

Circuit
27th August 2008, 00:43
Hi all Ive just started to use Ribot and have done one of my HDDVD's Waterworld and everything worked great :)

But I'm now trying to do MI3 and keep getting a small MKV file, I'm trying to convert to 720P and get a file just over 3.5 gig and bitrate is quite small too.

Is there a way that I can adjust the bitrate to a minimum or to get a desired file size?
Ive looked but can't find any obvious adjusment.

Thanks

Edit " After the file was demuxed I started out with a 17gig video file and 3.5gig flac file, have set to 720P and Ac3 640

juGGaKNot
27th August 2008, 09:19
Just got it for some tests

and i must say its GREAT

keep up the good work!

Atak_Snajpera
27th August 2008, 10:15
Ive looked but can't find any obvious adjusment.
You have not looked well. Keep looking!

veggav
27th August 2008, 11:35
Hi,
I have a mkv that is 1280x688 and I want it to be 1280x720 but still be a mkv.
I'm using addborders command on the avisynth scrypt, but it's taking a lot! to finish the work.

How can I add the borders fast ?

Atak_Snajpera
27th August 2008, 11:44
Why do you add borders???? Why do you download rips from internet???

veggav
27th August 2008, 15:29
Because I live in Brazil and a blu-ray here cost 100 usd.
Because, there are movies that are not out in blu-ray like shawshack redenption, that you download a hdtv that is not 720p perfect.

I just want to add a couple of pixels up and down.
There is any way to that and fast ?

Atak_Snajpera
27th August 2008, 16:16
Because I live in Brazil and a blu-ray here cost 100 usd.
If you cannot afford it buy DVD instead. Nobody forces you to buy Blu-Rays!!!!

Bigmango
27th August 2008, 20:44
Hi,
How can I add the borders fast ?

To add borders you need to reencode. There's no way around this.

veggav
27th August 2008, 21:21
To add borders you need to reencode. There's no way around this.

Thank you Bigmango.

I was hopping for a friendly reply =)
Is ripbot the best way to do it or should I use megui with avisynth ?
With any of them, how do I do it ?

malimarek
27th August 2008, 21:38
Hi everybody, and especially hi to Atak Snajpera ( super program, kolego, jestem dumny, że urodziłeś się w Polsce). His application is great. I am not very proficient in all that encoding staff but I am not last in line either. I am trying to encode my BDs for my Apple Tvs. I was doing fine with DVDs and Handbrake before but now, you know, higher resolutions, different movie in every room, freedom for kids. Everything goes perfect except for limiting bit rate in ATV profile. I was reading about the profiles but I have impression even if I change the ATV profile or create new one from ATV one and put max bit rate 12000 the resulting file still ends up with 30Mb/s in its picks (Ok to be frank goes up to 19, 21 Mb/s – but still) and that makes my ATV choke(sometimes rally freezes for 20sec). Any help to make me happy. And another small question – is AC3 downmix dolby PrologicII. Will be grateful for the answer. Regards. Marek

Atak_Snajpera
27th August 2008, 22:00
Use 2-pass instead of CRF. 6Mbps will be ok for 720p (HQ). Buffer set to 5000 and max bitrate to 12000. Regarding audio. Multichannel audio is downmixed to plain stereo. PrologicII does not sound good on headphones and on plain speakers.

(A pomyśleć że ten programik powstał z myślą o konwersji dla mojego PSP'eka. :)

Ajax_Undone
27th August 2008, 23:01
It was? Wow PSP to BD Awesome... Tremendous job...

And malimarek you should be proud My grand parents (on my moms side) emigrated to US from Poland (during WW2) and they were the smartest people in the whole of the city they moved to...

brogan
29th August 2008, 00:55
whenever I add a file to encode, the lock file size option disappears...I would like to encode a file & keep the size the same or at least make the file 8 GB to fit on a DL DVD but I can't seem to do it..I'm using Vista 64-bit...the last time I tried to convert a 14 GB .ts file that was Profile 4, 25 fps & 1920x1084 to Profile 4.1, 23.976 fps & 1920x1080...it came out to 4.5 GB, I wanted to keep as much quality of the file as possibly & it was a mess...how can I configure this differently?

asarian
29th August 2008, 01:44
Thanks. But I somehow doubt defragging will stop x264 from hanging. I tried AVC -> AVC last night (just for test), and x264 crashed almost immediately. I'd rather Atak tell us how we can update the x264 prog in his distro. :)

Any word yet on the Win 2008 compatability? For now I went back to doing this on an XP 32-bit (Vmware ESX) box, but I can only assign that 2 vCPU's. I'd rather be doing this on the Win 2008 Server (also Vmware ESX), where I can give it 4 vCPU's.

prettyboy85712
29th August 2008, 04:56
whenever I add a file to encode, the lock file size option disappears...I would like to encode a file & keep the size the same or at least make the file 8 GB to fit on a DL DVD but I can't seem to do it..I'm using Vista 64-bit...the last time I tried to convert a 14 GB .ts file that was Profile 4, 25 fps & 1920x1084 to Profile 4.1, 23.976 fps & 1920x1080...it came out to 4.5 GB, I wanted to keep as much quality of the file as possibly & it was a mess...how can I configure this differently?

Change mode from CQ to 2-Pass.

Ajax_Undone
29th August 2008, 06:40
Any word yet on the Win 2008 compatability? For now I went back to doing this on an XP 32-bit (Vmware ESX) box, but I can only assign that 2 vCPU's. I'd rather be doing this on the Win 2008 Server (also Vmware ESX), where I can give it 4 vCPU's.

Have you tried x264.exe CLI using avs and cmd scripts it works on my server and it runs server 2008 enterprize.

*edit and it does use all 4 core 2 due Procesors...

asarian
29th August 2008, 07:17
Have you tried x264.exe CLI using avs and cmd scripts it works on my server and it runs server 2008 enterprize.

*edit and it does use all 4 core 2 due Procesors...

Thanks for replying. I guess with "CLI" you mean the standard distribution of x264? I did try to use that in combination with RipBot, but that failed immediately. I haven't done scripting yet. If I knew how to make the often complex command line options for x264, I wouldn't need RipBot. :)

Bigmango
29th August 2008, 08:38
Is ripbot the best way to do it or should I use megui with avisynth ?
With any of them, how do I do it ?

You can use both, but ripbot is the easiest to do it.

The only problem with ripbot is that it can't keep the original video source. Ripbot will add black borders by selecting i.ex 720 for your source in the resize options, but it shrinks the video to add the borders within the original resolution.

-> it will not output 1280x720, but add the borders inside your 1280x688 and to do this it shrinks/transforms your source.

For some strange reason Atak doesn't want to retain the original source, he prefers to modify it.

If you want to keep the original video, you can add the black borders manually in the avisynth script in the ripbot video settings tab. Add this line in the resize section:

video=AddBorders(video,00,16,00,16)

(16 = (720-688)/2)

This will add the borders and make your video 1280x720 without modifying its resolution.

brogan
29th August 2008, 13:37
Change mode from CQ to 2-Pass.

Is there any way to keep the file close to the same size that you start with? I would've put it on a BD25 if it kept the same size...

:thanks::thanks:

Bigmango
29th August 2008, 13:44
Is there any way to keep the file close to the same size that you start with? I would've put it on a BD25 if it kept the same size...

Select 2 pass and give it the original file's size. Or you can also give it the BD25 size to fill the BD25 completely if you want to maximize quality (assuming that the source is bigger).

Atak_Snajpera
29th August 2008, 21:18
-> it will not output 1280x720, but add the borders inside your 1280x688 and to do this it shrinks/transforms your source.
Your movie has incorrect aspect ratio. It should be 1.85 (1280x692) not 1.86 (1280x688).

Thanks for replying. I guess with "CLI" you mean the standard distribution of x264? I did try to use that in combination with RipBot, but that failed immediately.
New builds do not accept --b-adapt 1. New version should be ready tomorrow.

Bigmango
29th August 2008, 23:23
Your movie has incorrect aspect ratio. It should be 1.85 (1280x692) not 1.86 (1280x688).

This is because many other encoders guis >cut< (yes cut, they don't transform the video aspect ratio) the resolutions to automatically remove the black borders. 90% of the time they make the files 1280x688 or 1280x544, with no black borders.

But still the video aspec ratio is not wrong. It's just that to other tools cut a little more or a little less from each border. In your example with (692-688)/2= 2 -> it has cut 2 pixels from the top and from the bottom. This has nothing to do with aspect ratio. The video is fine. Now just add the borders and you have a correct 1280x720.

The problem with ripbot is that it will add borders inside the 1280x688 (or 1280x544 or whatever), making the video smaller that it originally was. So ripbot is losing a lot of image information and degrades picture quality.

Why degrade the picture quality by making the video smaller?

I prefer to maximize the picture quality for the given file size and for this I want to keep the original video. Re-encoding it already loses quality, why does ripobt force us to lose even more picture quality, for nothing.

Furthermore, 1280x720 is the standard 720p resolution. Why does ripbot want to force us to keep nonstandard resolutions (1280x544, 1280x688 etc...) and even more so, to do this it also wants us to transform the video to make it smaller by adding black borders inside the video resolutions.

And finally, with such nonstandard source resolutions (they are non standard only because the borders were cut, the video still has the right aspect ratio) ripbot currently has no way to output 720p (or 1080p etc...). Yes, in this example ripbot can't output a standart 720p (or 1080p... resolution). The only way to do this with the ripbot gui is to resize it to 1280x720; this will transform the video with a completely wrong aspect ratio.

The only way to do this right is to manually add the addborders() line to the avisynth script. Unfortunately, the normal user will never know this is possible.

It would be so much easier if ripbot could give us the option to select 720p (or 480p, 1080p, ...) and just add the black borders where they are missing.

New builds do not accept --b-adapt 1. New version should be ready tomorrow.

Thats some great news. :thanks:

Atak_Snajpera
30th August 2008, 00:40
Yes, in this example ripbot can't output a standart 720p (or 1080p... resolution).
Yeah right... What is wrong with you man?!?! I don't give a **** what other guis do. Correct aspect ratios are 1.333 1.778 , 1.85 , 2.35 ,2.40 end of story!
You don't even realize how many avis i had with completely wrong aspect ratio?!?! That's why those profile were made in order to avoid "stretched heads" on PSP , Ipod and so on. How I am supposed to know if frame was correctly cut or not!?!?!
Next time don't write that you don't get standard HD and FullHD resolutions because that statement is not true!!!! Profiles always give STANDARD resolutions!

Why degrade the picture quality by making the video smaller?
In this case you get 1280x692(+borders) instead of ...x688(+borders). According to math first one has more active lines so it is bigger not smaller. If you re-encode illegally downloaded mkv you already should say bye bye to picture quality. Next time use original HD-DVD/Blu-Ray disc.

Bigmango
30th August 2008, 01:27
Yeah right... What is wrong with you man?!?! I don't give a **** what other guis do. Correct aspect ratios are 1.333 1.778 , 1.85 , 2.35 ,2.40 end of story!
You don't even realize how many avis i had with completely wrong aspect ratio?!?! That's why those profile were made in order to avoid "stretched heads" on PSP , Ipod and so on. How I am supposed to know if frame was correctly cut or not!?!?!
Next time don't write that you don't get standard HD and FullHD resolutions because that statement is not true!!!! Profiles always give STANDARD resolutions!

Again:

1. You don't understand. You are mixing up video "cutting" and "aspect ratio transformation"; these are 2 differnt things.

I am only talking about "putting the borders back where they were cut" Nothing else.

2. As you are saying, it seems you are downloading movies from the internet with a wrong aspect ratio. Thats your experience. I have also seen this sometimes, but this is not what I am talking about.

I have several personal videos and backups that were done with many other tools over the years (automkv, etc...). I never transform the aspect ratio. Many of these tools automatically cut the borders. Some tools borders detection is better, some other tools do it less precisely (the tools have also improved and changed over the years so the encoded videos can be different). This is why there is a difference in the resolutions (1280x688, 1280x692 etc...). Some tools cut more, some less. But they DONT CHANGE the aspect ratio. THEY >CUT< the video -> some of the movie border was removed or the border was not removed completely, depending on the video and the resolution.

3. If left/right was cut movie information was lost in the source, nothing can be done to get it back; if top/bottom was cut only border were removed, sometimes some lines of the video are also cut depending on the original encoder gui's border detection).

In this case ripbot doesn't improve anything. It only makes matters worse by transforming and shinking the video, losing picture information/quality in the process. Yes ripbot will also output "compressed" heads as it wrongly transforms the aspect ratio.

-> 4. What does ripbot do when I select 1280? Ripbot adds borders inside these WRONG resolutions AND TRANSFORMS my video to make it smaller. -> It loses picture information and degrades quality.

5. No, with i.ex 1280x688 or 1280x544 files, if I select 1280 hd ready or 1920 fullHD ripbot CANNOT output standart resolutions (yes if the source aspect ratio was wrong it will correct it, depending on the source; but it will not give be the standard 720p). It will not give me the standart 1280x720, it will only preserve the original 1280x688 which is not standard hd ready.

720p and 1080p are THE standards: 1280x720 and 1920x1080.

6: To answer your question : "How I am supposed to know if frame was correctly cut or not!?!?!"

You cannot know this. The user knows this when he clicks on the preview button to preview the output.

I understand you need ripbot to do it as it does now because you need to correct the movies you are downloading from the internet which have a wrong aspect ratio. That's ok, and it IS NEEDED in some cases as you rightfully say.

I am not telling you to change this. I am only asking for more options. As you can see above, there are many different kinds of videos, so we need more options. You cannot know if a video aspect ratio is right or wrong. Assuming so as ripbot does now results in a wrong output, depending on the source.

There are several ways to make this convenient : In resize, next to 1280 HD ready and 1920 Full HD, just add another option for 720p and 1080p (and 480p ?) and auto add borders to match this. Or you could also just offer a "select box" that will only add borders to match the standard resolutions without resizing the video.

(or you could also let the user decide manually in the gui how much border he wants to add .... this will still always be better than the "hidden" addborders() command line a normal user will never know exists). This decision is up to you; you decide how you want to gui to look :)

I hope this will help you to understand the problem. Again, I am sorry if I came across in a confusing way. What ripbot does now is good for bad/wrong sources. We just need more options because most of the time the aspect ratio is right. And only the user can know or chose this, so let him do so :)

Ripbot is an awesome, easy and convenient tool. I am only putting this forward to you to make it even better :)

Atak_Snajpera
30th August 2008, 01:40
2. As you are saying, it seems you are downloading movies from the internet with a wrong aspect ratio. Thats your experience. I have also seen this sometimes, but this is not what I am talking about.
Who told you that. Me ???? I don't think so. I used to download music clips from stage6.com not movies amigo! Those clips encoded by some idiots have very weird resolutions (Dallas Superstars - Helium.avi @ 600x384 -1.563 or Dallas Superstars - Fine day.avi @ 624x304 (2.053)

Bigmango
30th August 2008, 01:52
Who told you that. Me ???? I don't think so. I used to download music clips from stage6.com not movies amigo! Those clips encoded by some idiots have very weird resolutions (Dallas Superstars - Helium.avi @ 600x384 -1.563 or Dallas Superstars - Fine day.avi @ 624x304 (2.053)

Ah, yep this is what I was thinking. I am broadly using the word movie... a clip is a small movie... :)

I agree with you, badly encoded videos are a PITA. It's a huge bandwidth and time waste downloading things that are useless due to some guy's inexperience/bad tools.

Ajax_Undone
30th August 2008, 15:46
You know you could just re rip and start over... If you truly made these videos from an original source (VHS, C-VHS, DVD, HD DVD, BluRay,) over the years...:p :rolleyes: There in retaining full aspect ratio and borders from source no one will force you to remove them again, and editing the avs script you can stretch and shrink the original source to your specs...

Just my own observation... Of course!!!

Bigmango
30th August 2008, 18:10
You know you could just re rip and start over... If you truly made these videos from an original source (VHS, C-VHS, DVD, HD DVD, BluRay,) over the years...:p :rolleyes: There in retaining full aspect ratio and borders from source no one will force you to remove them again, and editing the avs script you can stretch and shrink the original source to your specs...

Just my own observation... Of course!!!

And you think I haven't thought about this? :rolleyes:

Some are backups of dvds that were scratched by the kids, they were a real PITA just to save the dvd image to the HD to try to recover what was recoverable (sometimes the recovering software even took 4-5 hours just to read 1 dvd with failing error correction). Some other dvds I don't have here with me, they are with the family, so I'd have to move them here and back, etc... just too much trouble. It's much easier just to recode what I already have as I have backed it up with maximum quality. And furthermore I have everything already backed up with advertisements removed, chosen audio and subtile languages etc.... I would waste hours or days just to back it up again. Why should I go through such a headache if everything is already here, ready to roll?

And even if I could or would do it the problem still remains. People have used these auto border cropping encoders for years now. Just go to any avs forums and you will see people enquiring about this problem everywhere.

Of course I can edit the avs script myself, that's what I do now :) It's not a problem for me (but it would still be more convenient and faster it the tool could do it without me needing to take my calculator and writing a line every time). And as I said, it's ok for people like you and me; but the normal user will never know such a feature even exists... just look at avs forums all over the web.

And anyway, the ripbot HD-ready and FullHD resolutions need to be renamed to something else (maybe just 1280 and 1920). Because now with such cropped movies it says HDready 1280x544 (or 1280x688,...) and FullHD 1920x988 (or something like this) which is a completely wrong naming. These resolutions are not FullHD or HDready. This is why I suggested to keep the current options and just add 2 (or 3: 480p, 720p, 1080p) more options for the real FullHD and HDready (which is 1280x720 and 1920x1080) which would just add the borders back (or just put a single select box to only add borders back, etc...).

Ajax_Undone
30th August 2008, 19:30
Well maybe Atak could probably put real time AVS and BAT editing in the app so you don't have to manually edit them, but I don't know if he is willing to do so...
I know that the profiles that are set might be inconvenient for some, but do to the fact that most people aren't doing what you are attempting. It is easier to keep them as they are...

Bigmango
30th August 2008, 23:09
Well maybe Atak could probably put real time AVS and BAT editing in the app so you don't have to manually edit them, but I don't know if he is willing to do so...
I know that the profiles that are set might be inconvenient for some, but do to the fact that most people aren't doing what you are attempting. It is easier to keep them as they are...

As well as most people also don't need manual cropping, subtitles, resizing, etc... etc... So would the best be to just keep ripbot as a barebone app and let the people edit the avs script manually for everything? The question here is about making a great app even better. :)

Addborders is a very much needed feature for many situations, as well as cropping, resizing etc... are useful in certain situations.

One other user asked about addborders() 1 page ago in this thread. You can check almost all encoder tools on these forums and you will see people asking about addborders() in almost all of those threads (I know because I myself replied to many of them to help them out). You can also go on the many avs forums on the web: people need addborders().

The problem here is that ripbot aims to output blu-ray. And it claims to do it in FullHD and in HDready. The problem here is that this is not possible for many sources. What ripbot often does is it outputs exotic resolutions (depending on the source) that are not FullHD/HDready even if it wrongly claims so.

So the only way to output correct FullHD/HDready with many PC video sources is:

1. to crop the video left and right or top/bottom (losing part of the picture) and then resizing everything to the HD res

or

2. keeping the complete video and just add the black borders. This is the best option in many situations, as you maintain 100% of the source video.

Anyway, ripbot needs to be corrected or at least renamed in the resizing options because it makes wrong HD resolution claims for many sources.

If you want to make a generic encoding tool such as ripbot and want to support Blu-ray, FullHD/HDready, you need Addborders(). Period. Otherwise you just can't bring many of the videos to those standard resolutions without cropping them (-> and thus losing part of the picture) (and in this case I'm not even talking of the needed resizing that lowers quality).

Edit: Atak already went out of his way to correct videos with a wrong aspect ratio. So as he goes out of his way to support bad sources, wouldn't it be a good idea to also support good/correct sources so that they can properly be brought to the FullHD/HDready resolutions ? ;)

Drahga
30th August 2008, 23:44
OK, not sure what I'm doing wrong. I can convert Blu Ray discs with no problem. When I try to do HD DVD the converted video plays slow and skips and is horrible. The audio seems fine. The initial video.mkv in job1 is the same, so the issue is during the initial conversion to mkv. Am I missing a step for HD DVD? I don't think so since I can do Blu Ray fine. This on a Vista machine. I haven't tried it on XP yet.

Thanks in advance.

Atak_Snajpera
30th August 2008, 23:46
The problem here is that ripbot aims to output blu-ray
eeeee who told you that???? :)

Bigmango
31st August 2008, 00:01
eeeee who told you that???? :)

Uh ? :)

Well, in ripbot I see only 3 output options : mp4, mkv and blu-ray disc.

You are the one who coded this app, aren't you ;)

PatchWorKs
31st August 2008, 02:03
Cool, what's the license for RipBot ?

dbone1026
31st August 2008, 11:51
OK, not sure what I'm doing wrong. I can convert Blu Ray discs with no problem. When I try to do HD DVD the converted video plays slow and skips and is horrible. The audio seems fine. The initial video.mkv in job1 is the same, so the issue is during the initial conversion to mkv. Am I missing a step for HD DVD? I don't think so since I can do Blu Ray fine. This on a Vista machine. I haven't tried it on XP yet.

Thanks in advance.

I have converted many HDDVDs without a problem, using the same settings as Blu Ray (Blu Ray Profile -> 2 Pass -> 8150MB). The only additional step I have to do for HDDVD is that if the audio stream is EAC3 or similar I use the AC3 setting on audio and not original stream (for some reason when you use original stream in this case it creates a massive FLAC audio file, so even though I specify the mkv to be only 8150MB, it ends up being over 12GB). It appears if the audio stream is TrueHD then you can use the Original Stream option without an issue.

dbone1026
31st August 2008, 12:00
Question with subtitles. I am using Ripbot. On the Select Streams box I select the subtitle I want (in this case Subtitle (PGS) English). After the Remuxing is done if I select the Subtitles option on the Encoding Settings nothing is there. Any suggestions, I did the encode anyhow to see how it came out and there were no subtitles.

Atak_Snajpera
31st August 2008, 12:19
Subtitles (pgs) must be manually converted to .srt

When I try to do HD DVD the converted video plays slow and skips and is horrible. The audio seems fine.
You have too slow CPU.

Drahga
31st August 2008, 19:26
Subtitles (pgs) must be manually converted to .srt

You have too slow CPU.

I've got a quad core with 4 gigs of ram. It only has issues with HD DVD not Blu Ray. It's not a cpu issue.

Atak_Snajpera
31st August 2008, 19:31
Send me sample (50 MB - EVO and converted MKV). Use www.mediafire.com

dbone1026
31st August 2008, 21:16
Subtitles (pgs) must be manually converted to .srt.

Thanks Atak. I will do some research now on how to convert to srt and add to the MKV.

nekrosoft13
1st September 2008, 21:34
ts files with VC1 +AC3 converted with 1.10.5 to 264+AC3 blu-ray compatible files crash ffdshow.

files converted with older vesion of ripbot don't cause the crash.

any fix for this?

Yumepuro
1st September 2008, 22:20
First off i want to thank you very much for your awsome program :). I wanted to know though if there is a way to use a ".ogm" file type formats and if you can show me the way. Thank you very much.

Atak_Snajpera
1st September 2008, 23:53
ts files with VC1 +AC3 converted with 1.10.5 to 264+AC3 blu-ray compatible files crash ffdshow.

files converted with older vesion of ripbot don't cause the crash.

any fix for this?
Maybe if you'll send me source ts (50 MB) www.mediafire.com

Yumepuro
2nd September 2008, 02:11
using ripbot264 can you have more than one audio track in mpeg-4 container?

wakebrder
3rd September 2008, 20:13
Why do versions from 1.9.9. and up take forever to gather informations when importing a .mkv video file?

1.9.9. and previous were instantaneous.:confused:

Atak_Snajpera
3rd September 2008, 20:41
Before I was using DirectShowSource(). Now I use FFmpegSource. There are two reason why I decided to use FFmpegSource:
1) In order to avoid conflicts in installed codecs
2) Decoding via FFmpegSource is faster than DirectShowSource(ffdshow)

wakebrder
3rd September 2008, 20:43
Before I was using DirectShowSource(). Now I use FFmpegSource. There are two reason why I decided to use FFmpegSource:

Will importing separate video(mkv) / audio(ac3) files still work? (Even though it might take longer)

Thanks!

Ajax_Undone
4th September 2008, 00:14
Ok an update is ready for those who used the latest installer...

Sorry I couldn't get it up earlier had work...

8ternity
4th September 2008, 02:12
Ok an update is ready for those who used the latest installer...

Sorry I couldn't get it up earlier had work...

Did you've had installed the new image we produce? :eek:

Ajax_Undone
4th September 2008, 03:28
Yes I do... Also on a lighter note you must close ripbot during update otherwise the updater will not continue and wont exit... I need to correct that error but this will only happen after I get the code sorted out...

prettyboy85712
4th September 2008, 17:43
Atak,

Is there any possibility of adding a Restore to Default button for the encoding/codec GUI?

jamd1
4th September 2008, 22:44
I have just upgraded to a quadcore pc - nice for ripbot ;-) . PC has a new install of xp sp3 with no additional codecs. Only the required ripbot files. When trying to recode anything using bepipe I get a windows error: " application failed to initialize properly Ox0000135 click ok to terminate " and the process stops. I have tried running bepipe directly from a commandline - same result. Any idea what is causing the problem and how I might fix this. Thx for any help.

Atak_Snajpera
4th September 2008, 23:08
Remove everything! Avisynth 2.5.6 stable , FFDshow, Haali Media Splitter. Reboot. Install once again all necessary software

jeffy
4th September 2008, 23:30
@jamd1: You do not have .net installed.

Ajax_Undone
5th September 2008, 00:37
I would love it to see a self contained updater :p

Like MeGui

jamd1
5th September 2008, 04:54
I should have thought of that - thx - fixed the problem.

I now have a problem with all bluray rencodes containing ac3 audio - being way out of sync. Bluray source with dts comes out ok but using several different versions of ripbot (including the latest) on any Bluray source with ac3 audio produces an oos movie. My old core2 duo xp didn't do this - Is it likely to be some of my PC settings or is this common with faster processors ( Q9400) ? Thx for any advice.

Atak_Snajpera
5th September 2008, 13:42
I now have a problem with all bluray rencodes containing ac3 audio - being way out of sync.
show me all logs created by eac3to.

Good point. However I am surprised why SP3 does not contain .NET?!?!?! Vista SP0 had it from the beginning.

I would love it to see a self contained updater
I was already thinking about autoupdates via special server. However I would need some reliable place to put all updates. The best place would be http://x264.nl/ripbot264 :)

jamd1
5th September 2008, 21:52
Thanks for the advice Atak - Uninstallled Avisynth 2.5.7 , FFDshow, Haali Media Splitter and reinstalled Avisynth 2.5.6 stable , FFDshow, Haali Media Splitter - movies are In sync now. I may be wrong but does this earlier version of Avisynth produce lower quality FIRST pass movies? Second pass is fine ,but I always check the first pass for sync errors.

Sharktooth
6th September 2008, 01:34
@Atak_Snajpera: Vista SP0 -> Vista RTM

@jamd1: the avs file is identical for both passes. it is possible, though, to use different settings for first and second pass to speed up the encoding. that is usually by reducing some first pass settings to lower values to have a major speed up without producing a much lower quality second pass.

jamd1
6th September 2008, 01:58
Atak - found alot of pixelation using 1.10.6 on SYRIANA bluray. Tested with 1.10.5 and result is fine - I will upload a sample for you that produces the worst rencode from 1080 source to a 720 target. Sample portion that is worse is of a hazy horizon.
DownloadLink: http://rapidshare.com/files/142977080/SYCUT2.M2TS

Ajax_Undone
6th September 2008, 03:46
I was already thinking about autoupdates via special server. However I would need some reliable place to put all updates. The best place would be http://x264.nl/ripbot264 :)

Who owns x264.nl and besides the name sake why that location....

Would love the same for ffd and haali ;) (yep internal component updater would be nice to help users keep on top of things)

Atak_Snajpera
6th September 2008, 06:58
http://rapidshare.com/files/142977080/SYCUT2.M2TS
This sample is weird because I can't play it at all.

jamd1
6th September 2008, 10:50
This sample is weird because I can't play it at all.

I just downloaded and checked - plays fine in Nero showtime - If you can't play it put it in ripbot and see what happens.

Atak_Snajpera
6th September 2008, 21:00
It does not play at all with MPC-HC + Haali Media Splitter ! Tsmuxer does not see audio at all. Remuxed .m2ts by TSMuxer "works" in MPC-HC however I get alot of garbage+crash in MPC. I reckon that file has not been decrypted. That's the only explanation I have at the moment.

jamd1
6th September 2008, 22:01
Strange - I just put this sample on a PC that does not have Anydvd installed - It won't play in media player or vlc but fine in nero showtime (with bluray pluggin). It also loads into ripbot ok. I used cuttools.exe to make the sample.

mojolo
6th September 2008, 22:54
I'm pretty new to this. I have a 20GB 1080i ts file that i'd like to convert to a 7.95GB x264 1080P MKV for burning onto DVD+R DL. The DL DVD would be played back on an HTPC.

The 1080i ts is as follows:

ID : 33 (0x21)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : MPEG Video
Format version : Version 2
Format profile : Main@High
Format settings, Matrix : Standard
Duration : 2h 32mn
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 17.3 Mbps
Nominal bit rate : 65.0 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate : 29.970 fps
Colorimetry : 4:2:0
Scan type : Interlaced
Scan order : Top Field First
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 1.046

What are the best settings for deinterlacing?

- Top Field First -> 29.97 FPS
OR
- Top Field First -> 59.94 FPS

Should I use Tdecimate also?

Thx in advance.

Atak_Snajpera
6th September 2008, 23:01
Use Top Field First -> 29.97 FPS

If you spot repeated frames use Tdecimate as well.
How to spot repeated frames? Simply click preview button and rewind to credits. Then use arrows on keyboard to check if frames are duplicated.

deets
6th September 2008, 23:02
just out of curiosity, how easy would it be to make a 64 bit version?

Atak_Snajpera
6th September 2008, 23:04
just out of curiosity, how easy would it be to make a 64 bit version?
This is just a GUI. It does not matter if main exe is 16bit 32bit or 64bit.

deets
7th September 2008, 00:14
true, just a shame there doesnt seem to be much work on a 64 bit x264. if only i wasnt so stupid i would have a go :D

Dark Shikari
7th September 2008, 00:16
true, just a shame there doesnt seem to be much work on a 64 bit x264. if only i wasnt so stupid i would have a go :DPatches to extend the assembly abstraction to 64-bit Windows are welcome... :cool:

mojolo
7th September 2008, 01:21
Use Top Field First -> 29.97 FPS

If you spot repeated frames use Tdecimate as well.
How to spot repeated frames? Simply click preview button and rewind to credits. Then use arrows on keyboard to check if frames are duplicated.

Thank you for the advice.

When not using Tdecimate, every fifth frame was a repeat of the frame before it.

ie: frame 1 > frame 2 > frame 3> frame 4>frame 5(same as frame 4)>frame 6>frame 7>frame 8>frame 9>frame 10(same as frame 9)>...

When I switched to Tdecimate, I did not experience any repeated frames in the preview.

I suppose this is what you meant, so I will go ahead and use Tdecimate for this file unless I am mistaken.

Sem
7th September 2008, 02:47
Changed: Level 4.1 has been changed to Level 4.0 (Reason: some devices do not accept anything above Lv4.0. For example Tvix. Quality settings has not been changed! It's just cosmetic change)

ive always wondered what do these levels mean

i mainly encode for my PS3 so i know it has to be level 4.1

what is the difference between 4.1 and 5, 5.1 Unrestricted etc

will making it level 4.0 mean it wont look as good??? or something

i dont use tvix so is there anyway i can force it to use level 4.1 with 1.10.6 or should i just stick with .5

thanks

~bT~
7th September 2008, 03:19
^ u can always change the level to 4.1 and create your own profile.

Atak_Snajpera
7th September 2008, 06:37
will making it level 4.0 mean it wont look as good??? or something

Quality settings has not been changed! It's just cosmetic change
Do you understand know!?

Sem
7th September 2008, 13:04
nm found out now :D

juGGaKNot
7th September 2008, 13:43
Remove everything! Avisynth 2.5.6 stable , FFDshow, Haali Media Splitter. Reboot. Install once again all necessary software

2.5.6 ? i'm using 2.5.8 RC4 with ripbot and it works fine. sp2 no updates.

Quality is the same ?

I use ripbot + my own bat ( witch i just updated to r965 techouse ) with DirectShowSource because i read "Avisource is replaced with DirectShowSource which is a lot more forgiving"

if FFmpegSource is faster i will "upgrade" :)

also : 2 audio tracks in the near future for ripbot ?

yonta
7th September 2008, 14:25
Just tried RipBot v1.10.6 and it says I don't have ffdshow installed and quits?
I have ffdshow rev. 2099 installed and it's working just fine.

gav1577
7th September 2008, 15:14

Uninstall ffdshow use a safe reg cleaner reboot your pc reinstall latest ffdshow try again

~bT~
7th September 2008, 19:34

edit the ripbot264.ini file

CheckRequiredSoftware=0

jgbiggs
7th September 2008, 20:37
1.10.6 - ffmpeg crashes on loading file.

vista 64
ffdshow_rev2099_20080903_clsid
avisynth 2.5
haali media splitter 1.18.122.18

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ffmpeg.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 489d9698
Fault Module Name: ffmpeg.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 489d9698
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0008e053
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

version 1.10.4 works fine.

Atak_Snajpera
7th September 2008, 21:09
1.10.6 - ffmpeg crashes on loading file.
Copy old ffmpeg.exe from 1.10.4 to 1.10.6

Quality is the same ?

I use ripbot + my own bat ( witch i just updated to r965 techouse ) with DirectShowSource because i read "Avisource is replaced with DirectShowSource which is a lot more forgiving"

if FFmpegSource is faster i will "upgrade"

also : 2 audio tracks in the near future for ripbot ?

Quality MUST BE the same otherwise ffmpegSource would be useless!
I do not recommend DirectShowSource for .avi (XviD). Unless you like audio synchronization problems :)
I do not need 2 audio streams.

gav1577
8th September 2008, 03:17
@ Atak_Snajpera can we have a [SD-PAL 720x576] size in your next build please :)

juGGaKNot
8th September 2008, 11:14
I do not need 2 audio streams.

i do so i have to encode video with ripbot and audio + mux with the bat :)

k will upgrade to ffmpeg :D

Atak_Snajpera
8th September 2008, 17:04
@ Atak_Snajpera can we have a [SD-PAL 720x576] size in your next build please
Why?????

gav1577
9th September 2008, 13:43
Why?????

Well you have one for ntsc which adds borders which is handy why not one for pal res ?????

tinman_79
9th September 2008, 16:25
Hi!

When getinfo.avs starts in mpc, it never ends! Ripbot (v1.9.5.7 ,v1.10.4.7, v1.10.6.7) demuxes fine but then getinfo.avs just keeps on going, what is wrong?

I have tried to uninstall/reinstall avisynt, ffdshow and hali media splitter several times, using the versions described in this forum. I have even tried to clear the registry - no change.

Please help me!

Thank you ...

Furiousflea
9th September 2008, 17:14
Hi mate, thanks again for this app (I had problems a few months ago but have since used it for countless encodes with no problems)...

Anyway, I was wondering if you could implement some way to save the que of files...

I have on a few occassions loaded about 30 vids to encode with different settings and then I may need to turn the computer off half way through, or go out, or whatever?

Would be easy to do surely? Just like save the que as a file and so it can be loaded again later on?

Many thanks, keep up the good work. :)

8ternity
9th September 2008, 18:46
Hi Atak,

I would like to know about tsmuxer when project done and remux audio and video track in the version 1.10.6, windows vista give me an error about the program and can't remux.

I have Windows Vista, Ultimate Edition, 32bits with an 64bits processor dual core 6400+, dual 3.0ghz. It happen on sometimes. I have 2 job, the 1rst job sucessfully remux, but the 2nd, tsmuser.exe windows offer me to Send an repport or close the program.

Windows Control was desactivated long time ago. Enough memory, 4GB DDR2 installed.

Could you help me with that?

Thanks! ps, the version 1.10.5 does the same trouble.

Atak_Snajpera
9th September 2008, 18:52
Make sure you have enough space on hdd. Use different partition.

jgbiggs
10th September 2008, 03:12
[QUOTE=Atak_Snajpera;1180788]Copy old ffmpeg.exe from 1.10.4 to 1.10.6

should I copy -just- the ffmpeg.exe or the full ffmpeg dir from tools?

they are different from 1.10.4 to 1.10.6

thanks

BZeeme
10th September 2008, 10:29
version: 1.10.5

I'm backing up Harry Potter series to DVD+R DL and two of the four I processed so far came out a little too large for the DVDs (ImgBurn says HP4 is 32,768 bytes too big). I'm keeping the video (VC-1) at 1920X1080P, changing audio from "Copy Stream" to 5.1 Aften AC3 (640 or 448), and adding .srt subtitles (about 113,000 bytes). To get the size down, I reprocess with lower quality audio - 2.0 Aften on HP4. Is there a way to set the Lock Size a little smaller say 8100?

Other than this, RipBot264 is working for me. Great Program.

gav1577
10th September 2008, 12:41
version: 1.10.5

I'm backing up Harry Potter series to DVD+R DL and two of the four I processed so far came out a little too large for the DVDs (ImgBurn says HP4 is 32,768 bytes too big). I'm keeping the video (VC-1) at 1920X1080P, changing audio from "Copy Stream" to 5.1 Aften AC3 (640 or 448), and adding .srt subtitles (about 113,000 bytes). To get the size down, I reprocess with lower quality audio - 2.0 Aften on HP4. Is there a way to set the Lock Size a little smaller say 8100?

Other than this, RipBot264 is working for me. Great Program.

Type in the value you want and lock the size :rolleyes:

Atak_Snajpera
10th September 2008, 12:51
I'm backing up Harry Potter series to DVD+R DL and two of the four I processed so far came out a little too large for the DVDs (ImgBurn says HP4 is 32,768 bytes too big)
Use overburning option in ImgBurn !!!! 32KB is nothing or use only udf 2.60 instead of iso/joilet

jeffy
10th September 2008, 16:08
Use overburning option in ImgBurn !!!! 32KB is nothing or use only udf 2.60 instead of iso/joilet

Do you use it? Has it failed on you (DVD+-R/DL or SL) yet?
All the DVD burners I had from LG fail to overburn any DVD, even a little. As you can see in this older review, it just fails:
http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/LG-GBW-H10N-Super-Multi-Blu-ray-Burner-Review/Advanced-Test.html

Atak_Snajpera
10th September 2008, 16:21
All the DVD burners I had from LG fail to overburn any DVD, even a little. As you can see in this older review, it just fails:
In that case I would use UDF2.60 because wastes less space on DVD compared to ISO/joilet

tinman_79
10th September 2008, 22:49
Hi!

When getinfo.avs starts in mpc, it never ends! Ripbot (v1.9.5.7 ,v1.10.4.7, v1.10.6.7) demuxes fine but then getinfo.avs just keeps on going, what is wrong?

I have tried to uninstall/reinstall avisynt, ffdshow and hali media splitter several times, using the versions described in this forum. I have even tried to clear the registry - no change.

Please help me!

Thank you ...

Got any clues?

Atak_Snajpera
10th September 2008, 23:40
show me getinfo.avs (do not use forum's attachments)

dvd_maniac
11th September 2008, 05:51
I have ripped Transformers Bluray using AnyDVD and when I try to load it into RipBot264 it just says:
"Please Wait... Demuxing Video Stream... 100%"

I let it sit for about an hour and no change. What am I doing wrong?

tinman_79
11th September 2008, 09:49
getinfo.avs

LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\RipBot264\Tools\AviSynth plugins\FFmpegSource\FFmpegSource.dll")
video=FFmpegSource("D:\blabla\blabla.mkv",vcachefile="C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\FFmpegSource.cache").ConvertToYV12().AssumeFPS(23.976)
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\RipBot264\tools\AviSynth plugins\NicAudio\NicAudio.dll")
audio=NicDTSSource("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.1.dts")
AudioDub(video,audio)
WriteFile("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framecount")
WriteFile("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Framerate")
WriteFile("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioRate")
WriteFile("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioChannels")
WriteFile("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","AudioLength")
WriteFile("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Width")
WriteFile("C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\info.txt","Height ")
Trim(0,-1)

BZeeme
11th September 2008, 10:41
I'm backing up Harry Potter series to DVD+R DL and two of the four I processed so far came out a little too large for the DVDs

gav1577 and Atak_Snajpera, I'm reprocessing HP4 now, but I'll try your suggestions next time. Thank you for your replies

Atak_Snajpera
11th September 2008, 15:54
@tinman_79
Try to wait about 15 minutes :) In next version I will be using DirectShowSource instead of FFmpegSource because it takes to much time to gather simple informations from just ONE frame !!!!

I let it sit for about an hour and no change. What am I doing wrong?
show me all logs generated by eac3to. You will find them in ripbot264temp directory

tinman_79
11th September 2008, 16:00
You are mixing it up, Not my post :) I have run getinfo.avs over night a few times ...

thanx for the effort :)

tinman_79
11th September 2008, 16:02
I will try the next version :)
wich ones are the eac3to logs?

thank you!

Atak_Snajpera
11th September 2008, 16:15
I have run getinfo.avs over night a few times ...
why? This file is executed by avs2avi tool in order to save all necesary informations to FILE! (info.txt). Then this file used by RipBot

wich ones are the eac3to logs?
send me all .txt

tinman_79
11th September 2008, 16:21
Ok, I wasnt clear enough, I have let the file run throughout the night. I never stoped it. This is my problem - I never get any further than this. getinfo.avs is executed in mpc and then nothing more happens. Its never ending.

All this is done automatic, after selecting the file in the browser and after ripbot has demuxed ...

dvd_maniac
11th September 2008, 17:46
Has the new version with DirectShowSource been released yet?

dvd_maniac
11th September 2008, 21:36
Update on Transformers.
I started RipBot and imported the file containing the movie Transformers at 12:50PM.
I can see thatfiles are being created in the Temp folder but it is now 4:33PM (almost 4 hours later) and RipBot is still chugging along.
This is a Q6600 Quad core with 4GB DDR2 with a 3x320GB SATA II striped raid-0.
I ripped the file to another 2x 750GB STAT II Raid-o drive.

Why is it taking so long? What would be the bottleneck here?
Will the new DirectShowSource version fix this?

Atak_Snajpera
11th September 2008, 21:51
What do you see in status area? "...Gathering informations..."? or something else?

jtheripper
11th September 2008, 22:01
I have a similar system to yours (q6600, 4GB RAM raid 0). My q6600 is running at 3GHz. The time it takes to encode a movie varies tremendously depending on the source, how you are changing it etc. Typically it takes my PC to take a Blu-ray movie that is 1080p to a 1080p dvd9 about 7 hours. 720p is about 4 hours

dvd_maniac
11th September 2008, 22:38
It keeps saying Demuxing Audio Stream. But when I look in the job folder I see it ripping subtitles.
I told it not to use subtitles though.
Anyways Everytime it rips an Audio Stream or Subtitle Stream it says Demuxingh Audio Stream. Right now it is ripping Subtitle.4.Sup and info states Please Wait... Demuxing Audio Streams... 29% and going on almost 5 hours now.

dvd_maniac
11th September 2008, 22:39
I have a similar system to yours (q6600, 4GB RAM raid 0). My q6600 is running at 3GHz. The time it takes to encode a movie varies tremendously depending on the source, how you are changing it etc. Typically it takes my PC to take a Blu-ray movie that is 1080p to a 1080p dvd9 about 7 hours. 720p is about 4 hours

almost 5 hours and I still haven't even started to encode yet. RipBot is still tryinig to import the movie.

mikewt
12th September 2008, 03:38
Using the latest version of Ripbot264 I encoded a 25 Hz frame rate file into 23.976 frame rate and the duration was the original length so the end was cut off the file. The frame rate conversion worked just fine if I could only get the duration to be correct, and I can find no way to set it myself. Any ideas?

Mike T

dvd_maniac
12th September 2008, 11:44
Transformers final update.
It finally finished, taking a total of 11hrs 44min. Funny thing is that only 3 1/2 hours were for Encoding.
Seems that it imported and processed all Streams within the M2TS file even though I only picked the one video and one audio streams with no Subs.
The final output only had the one video and one audio too, so why did it need to process all the others?
If this is normal behavior for RipBot then I guess I'll use Tsmuxer to mux together a file with just the streams I want next time.
Over all, I'm very happy with your program and want to thank you for your time and effort with it...

~bT~
12th September 2008, 17:34
due to adding borders by default on POD resize, it disables the ability to zoom into the picture on the ipod touch.

any chance that the POD resize profile can be edited to remove addborders() pls? thanks!

ps. i know i can do it by hand but its a tedious process when editing multiple files.

jamieo
12th September 2008, 22:08
@tinman_79
Try to wait about 15 minutes :) In next version I will be using DirectShowSource instead of FFmpegSource because it takes to much time to gather simple informations from just ONE frame !!!
Any idea when this will be done and will it be for encoding too? I have a similar problem to Tinman in that it just sits on "...Gathering informations..." until aborted. I've also tried reinstalling ffd, haali and avisynth but no change. FFdShow is working fine in mpc and through DirectShowSource but not with FFmpegSource.

due to adding borders by default on POD resize, it disables the ability to zoom into the picture on the ipod touch.

any chance that the POD resize profile can be edited to remove addborders() pls? thanks!
This also annoys me but not just for ipod, for dvd and HD too, I don't know why it's the default. All encodes I've seen by others remove borders on purpose, supposedly to optimise the encoder (I also prefer it that way).

Btw, IIRC setting the resize numbers manually (without combo) avoids the borders being added without having to edit - not very helpful though...

@ Atak_Snajpera can we have a [SD-PAL 720x576] size in your next build please :)
Why?????
Why not? ;) You already added it for NTSC so why should the PAL people miss out?

One thing I never could use RipBot for was DVD encodes as I want to keep them original size AND anamorphic as it makes no sense to resize 720*576 -> 1024*576.

From the changelog:
Added: SD-NTSC 720x480 profile under size options (proper sar x:y values are added automatically)

It's my understanding that the SD-NTSC profile makes this possible but only for NTSC (hence the name). Therefore, why is there not a PAL profile too? That would be a great addition as I want to encode my dvds to x264 for storage on hdd but it's too tedious to do manually or with other tools so I've left it for now.

Jamie

weaver4
13th September 2008, 03:10
I am using version 1.10.5.

I just bought the latest version of the iPod Touch yesterday and used Ripbot264 to encode. I selected the source set it to single pass CQ of 24. Then I Deinterlace and Decimated it. Selected Auto crop and set the size to 480x272 for resize. But when I tried to sync it with my iPod it said it would not sync because it could not be played on the iPod. Below is MediaInfo information and the job's INI file:

What should I look for??

==========================================

General #0
Complete name : E:\New-Touch-Movies\Chr--zrbq24.mp4
Format : MPEG-4 Visual
Format/Family : MPEG-4
File size : 323 MiB
PlayTime : 1h 50mn
Bit rate : 410 Kbps
StreamSize : 2.06 MiB
Encoded date : UTC 2008-09-12 01:36:50
Tagged date : UTC 2008-09-12 01:36:50

Video #0
Codec : AVC
Codec/Family : AVC
Codec/Info : H.264 (3GPP)
Bit rate : 279 Kbps
Width : 480 pixels
Height : 272 pixels
Display Aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.089
StreamSize : 219 MiB
Encoded date : UTC 2008-09-12 01:36:50
Tagged date : UTC 2008-09-12 01:37:33
BitRate_Max : 2396776

Audio #0
Codec : AAC LC
Codec/Family : AAC
Codec/Info : AAC Low Complexity
Bit rate mode : CBR
Bit rate : 128 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : L R
Sampling rate : 48 KHz
Resolution : 16 bits
StreamSize : 101 MiB
Encoded date : UTC 2008-09-12 01:37:11
Tagged date : UTC 2008-09-12 01:37:33

=========================================

[JobSettings]
VideoFile=D:\aa-Rips\Chr\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB
VideoCodec=mpeg2
VideoWidth=720
VideoHeight=480
VideoAspectRatio=16:9
VideoProfile=[ level 3.0 ] iPOD . iPhone
SourceFPS=29.97
MovieFPS=23.976
FPSinGUI=23.976
SourceNumberOfFrames=197850
SourceMovieLength=6601.6016016016
CurrentMovieLength=6601.55989322656
SourceAudioLength=6601.568
Frames=158279
Duration=1:50:1.56
Mode=CQ
kbps=24
AudioFile=E:\temp\RipBot264temp\job5\job5 T80 2_0ch 384Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3
AudioFileSize=316875264
AudioCodec=ac3
AudioBPS=384000
AudioProfile=2.0 CT AAC-LC 128 kbps [abr]
Frequency=48000
Channels=2
DurationAudio=1:50:1.568
AudioLength=6601.568
Normalize=100%
AudioDelay=0
Output=E:\New-Touch-Movies\Chr--zrbq24.mp4
Container=mp4
LockSize=0
Size=909
Deinterlace=Top Field First -> 29.97 FPS
Crop=Automatically
CropTop=60
CropBottom=60
CropLeft=6
CropRight=6
Resize=PSP 480x204 [2,35:1]
ResX=480
ResY=204
Decimate=Use TDecimate -> 23.976 FPS
Colors=Do not change colors
hue=0
sat=1
bright=0
cont=1
subtitles=Do not use subtitles
subtitleFileSize=0
path=
Denoise=Do not denoise
AssumeFPS=Do not change

~bT~
13th September 2008, 03:54
^ u need the latest version, it has a fixed ipod profile. update.
also, select POD resize option.

weaver4
13th September 2008, 04:46
I downloaded the latest.

The problem is that the Touch and iPhone are 480x320 not 320x240. So setting it to 320x240 (for POD) is not a good choice. And, I can not find any profile file to change the resolution.

Atak_Snajpera
13th September 2008, 10:50
try this file
http://www.mediafire.com/?uq2hawez8fs

~bT~
13th September 2008, 13:05
I am using version 1.10.5

I downloaded the latest.

The problem is that the Touch and iPhone are 480x320 not 320x240. So setting it to 320x240 (for POD) is not a good choice. And, I can not find any profile file to change the resolution.

that is not the latest version..

i haven't had any issues with resizing to 320x240. all videos display correctly.

deets
13th September 2008, 13:23
i have a pal 2.35 DVD, it can crop out the borders just fine, but how do i resize it to keep the max resolution? I dont want to use the PC setting as this loses too much detail for my liking :) there doesnt seem to be a setting for this, but there is for ntsc?

weaver4
13th September 2008, 13:53
that is not the latest version..

i haven't had any issues with resizing to 320x240. all videos display correctly.

320x240 does display correctly. But the screen resolution for the iPhone and iPod Touch are 480x320 so the picture quality is better in the native resolution.

weaver4
13th September 2008, 14:30
try this file
http://www.mediafire.com/?uq2hawez8fs

I downloaded the file and it played fine. But, the resolution was PSP size of 480x272 not the iPhone size of 480x320. Don't know if this video was cropped to 272 or not. I personally would like to see one of the size options be 480x320; that way 720x480 movies would fill the complete screen.

Also I tried my movie with the latest version of RipBot264 and it now plays correctly of the iPod Touch 2G.

Atak_Snajpera
13th September 2008, 15:01
the resolution was PSP size of 480x272
original aspect ratio was 1.85:1 so I used 480x260 resolution + AddBorders(0,6,0,6) = 480x272

I personally would like to see one of the size options be 480x320
480x320 = aspect ratio 1.5:1
Movies use 1.78 , 1.85 , 2.35 , 2.40

Therefore I see no reason to use full resolution! for example 1.78 would mean 480x270+addborders?!?! and so on
If your video is 1.333 use 427x320 resolution

weaver4
13th September 2008, 15:13
True, but I thought it would make it clearer. iPhones are very popular and you have listings for PSP and the smaller iPods but none for iPhone. Most consumers would not know to use the PSP size.

deets
13th September 2008, 17:44
ok im ripping my 2.35 dvd's to 720x304, is there anything obviously wrong with this? looks ok to my old eyeys!

~bT~
13th September 2008, 19:02
^ shud be ok.

juGGaKNot
13th September 2008, 19:53
i must say that 1.10.6 works realy bad on my pc, could be because of avisynth 3.5.8 RC4 but i'm sticking to 1.10.5 until 1.10.7

Do you really think I'm fortune teller? This post is useless as hell!

Well the program is perfect ( for me ) imo so i realy dont have anything to help development wise.

LE : a, there is one error that i get when i select .wav audio

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll105/juGGaKNot4cs/error.jpg

Atak_Snajpera
13th September 2008, 19:57
i must say that 1.10.6 works realy bad on my pc,

Ajax_Undone
13th September 2008, 20:57
i must say that 1.10.6 works realy bad on my pc, could be because of avisynth 3.5.8 RC4 but i'm sticking to 1.10.5 until 1.10.7

Well the program is perfect ( for me ) imo so i realy dont have anything to help development wise.

LE : a, there is one error that i get when i select .wav audio

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll105/juGGaKNot4cs/error.jpg

It looks from the pics that its not 1.10.6 but in fact 1.10.5 that the errors have occured on you need to give us more info on what you have done to get thoes errors...

The wav must be corrupted try uploading a sample...

Also 3.5.8 RC4 is not even in existance you must mean 2.5.8 RC4 downgrade to 2.5.7 and then tell us what happens..

Sophocles
14th September 2008, 02:16

Has anyone told you today how much your efforts are appreciated? I've done a few movies with exceptional results and I have only one failure.

King Kong, which is over 3 hours in length and to convert from HD DVD to BD. Everything was almost perfect from beginning to the end except that halfway through the movie the audio went crazy. I'm still searching for answers and I've ripped the movie 3 separate times and tried to compress it twice. I've no issues with compressing BD to BD and all other HD DVD to BD have worked.

Thanks for the effort and the several successes that I've.

juGGaKNot
14th September 2008, 08:08
It looks from the pics that its not 1.10.6 but in fact 1.10.5 that the errors have occured on you need to give us more info on what you have done to get thoes errors...

The wav must be corrupted try uploading a sample...

Also 3.5.8 RC4 is not even in existance you must mean 2.5.8 RC4 downgrade to 2.5.7 and then tell us what happens..

I'm using .5 because of some errors in .6 ( on my pc ), it will not take any uncompressed AVI.

i have installed AviSynth 2.5 alpha - AVS 2.5.8 RC4a [080912] Last Update: Sep 12 2008, so alpha version ( because i use a .bat with r965 techouse and the new b-frame )

the sound is not a problem, i do not mux with ripbot because i use 2 sound tracks, i only encode no audio and it works perfect.

If i do a sample with just one soundtrack i just render mp3 from vegas.

so i cant realy be more happy with the program.

Just in case i didn't say it before GREAT JOB

LE : or on big projects i just render the 2 tracks MP3 and change the audio and mux .bat files, should work.

JungleBoy
15th September 2008, 13:50
Some suggestions:
1) Make the text more readable - instead of grey on white, use black on white, or white on black and use a slightly bigger font size.
2) Kick the x264.exe off in low priority to allow the Windows user interface to carry on working.
Thanks for a great little program.

juGGaKNot
15th September 2008, 16:59
1) Make the text more readable - instead of grey on white, use black on white, or white on black and use a slightly bigger font size.
2) Kick the x264.exe off in low priority to allow the Windows user interface to carry on working.
Thanks for a great little program.

1 : yes, it is unreadable

2 you have a "low priority" box there :)

Ajax_Undone
15th September 2008, 23:38
You know if you use search you will find out that the colour will not change just because you want it too.. Atak has said on several occasions that his app is not a christmas tree...

JungleBoy
16th September 2008, 15:39
Oh yes, I see it now - perhaps it was the grey on white text that made it difficult to see. Black on White would be easier or White on Black - for us decrepid old people.

asarian
16th September 2008, 19:27
I wonder, is it possible to do a true lossless encoding yet? For instance, I have a 'Kill Bill 1' H264 file here, that I like to encode subtitles in (my Japanese isn't all that good, LOL). RipBot264 has proven perfect for adding subtitles, but I hate to lose extra quality; so I'd rather just re-use the existing stream.

Ajax_Undone
16th September 2008, 23:24
Oh yes, I see it now - perhaps it was the grey on white text that made it difficult to see. Black on White would be easier or White on Black - for us decrepid old people.

In order to make the app black on white he would need to go through almost 120 bmp files and change the colour manualy!!! I wouldn't do it!!! I don't think he's would either...

Sorry I think you are out of luck on the colour change...

zirkov
16th September 2008, 23:46
Any idea how to increase the video quality, I'm using 2-pass and set my bitrate to 300. I compared with Bencos (mencoder GUI), and the quality is better than ripbot (using same bitrate). I like using ripbot because it easy to use and I can do hardsub.

Atak_Snajpera
17th September 2008, 00:42
Any idea how to increase the video quality, I'm using 2-pass and set my bitrate to 300.
Use CQ (22) instead of 2-pass with extremely low bitrate. 300kbps are you insane?!?!

In order to make the app black on white he would need to go through almost 120 bmp files and change the colour manualy!!!
True :) Have you counted them all ? :)

I wonder, is it possible to do a true lossless encoding yet? For instance, I have a 'Kill Bill 1' H264 file here, that I like to encode subtitles in (my Japanese isn't all that good, LOL). RipBot264 has proven perfect for adding subtitles, but I hate to lose extra quality; so I'd rather just re-use the existing stream.
lossless encoding means HUUUUUUUUUUGE file size.

Ajax_Undone
17th September 2008, 06:29
True :) Have you counted them all ? :)

No lucky guess though:) I figured I was exaggerating:rolleyes:...

mmmmdonut
17th September 2008, 15:40
Got a 264 level question. I pulled down a few of the free HD TV Shows off of iTunes and poking around using mediainfo I saw they were encoded using 3.1 level. For the aTV setting in RB264 is there any benefit using the 3.1 level over the 3.0 level? Glancing through the h264 wiki it looks like the 3.1 level allows more macroblocks/sec and higher bit rate but in terms of what the aTV can actually handle I dont see a benefit but being a curious individual figured I would throw it out to you experts for an answer.

Cheers.

zirkov
17th September 2008, 17:51
I encode for make the video size smaller ^_^ that's why usually I'm using 300 bitrate. Btw any idea how to make DENOISE option work ? I tried for my anime video but it wont encode, I got this error log :

avis [error]: unsupported input format (DIB )
x264 [error]: could not open input file 'C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1.avs'

brogan
17th September 2008, 20:14
I just used RipBot to convert Monsters, Inc from 1440x1040 25 fps to 1920x1080 23.976 fps...it looks & plays smooth, but the audio is way off...is there an easy way to convert a .dts or .ac3 stream that's 25 fps to 23.976 fps? Is there a guide to doing this?

Atak_Snajpera
17th September 2008, 20:45
I just used RipBot to convert Monsters, Inc from 1440x1040 25 fps to 1920x1080 23.976 fps...it looks & plays smooth, but the audio is way off...is there an easy way to convert a .dts or .ac3 stream that's 25 fps to 23.976 fps? Is there a guide to doing this?
You forgot to change option under a/v same length to STRETCH

Btw any idea how to make DENOISE option work ?
You need GFX card with pixel shader 2.0 or higher. It works on my Laptop (Radeon x700 128MB). It worked on my old Radeon 1950 256 MB and now it also works on my brand new Radeon 4850 512MB. So as you can see I had no problems with FFT3DGPU plugin.

For the aTV setting in RB264 is there any benefit using the 3.1 level over the 3.0 level?
there is no benefit at all. it is just an information written into video stream. Nothing more.

zirkov
18th September 2008, 00:38
Thanks you, its worked fine right now. Btw its okay to change for latest x264.exe ?

juGGaKNot
18th September 2008, 19:20
In order to make the app black on white he would need to go through almost 120 bmp files and change the colour manualy!!! I wouldn't do it!!! I don't think he's would either...

Sorry I think you are out of luck on the colour change...

I can do that, a link for them and i will edit.

Ajax_Undone
19th September 2008, 00:48
LOL whatcha' think Atak hes offering to cut half the work out of it... ;-)

I still think its a waste of time to do... What type of monitor do you have JuggaKNot...

I recommend a new one with at least 600:1 contrast ratio it will help you see the wording better..

asarian
19th September 2008, 02:08
lossless encoding means HUUUUUUUUUUGE file size.

Okay, thanks. Got another problem, though: the AddBorders command is a no-go. I added this to the Preview script:

AddBorders(0, 32, 0, 248)

(on a 1920:800p stream). That should give me a nice 1080p resolution, right? Only when I click 'preview', I keep getting this error:

"invalid arguments to function AddBorders"

Any idea what might be causing it?

EDIT: Never mind, solved it. I had forgotten the source.

video=AddBorders(video, 0, 32, 0, 248)

Does the trick.

juGGaKNot
19th September 2008, 07:28

I still think its a waste of time to do... What type of monitor do you have JuggaKNot...

I recommend a new one with at least 600:1 contrast ratio it will help you see the wording better..

Dell P1130 1600x1200@100 HZ.

If atak wants it done i'm willing.

asarian
19th September 2008, 09:31

Actually, he's not wrong at all: the 'near-white on white' color-scheme gives it a fancy look perhaps, but makes things hardly legible. And before you ask, yes, I have a very good LCD monitor. If someone offers to change it for him, then the true waste, way I see it, is not taking him up on his offer.

Atak_Snajpera
19th September 2008, 10:08
Actually, he's not wrong at all: the 'near-white on white' color-scheme gives it a fancy look perhaps, but makes things hardly legible. And before you ask, yes, I have a very good LCD monitor.

I have 19" LG Flatron L194WT-SF (mat) connected via DVI
http://img.ktr.pl/m/monlgl194wtsf/sb.jpg

I see all font without any problems. End of story.

Those small fonts have gray color (R:160;G:160;B:160) so as you can see these values are still far away from white (R:255;G:255;B:255). Therefore you should see them quite easily.

juGGaKNot
19th September 2008, 15:56
End of story.

There you go.

PS : upgraded to 1.10.6 with "oficial" avisynth 2.5.7 and not 2.5 alpha 2.5.8 RC4 and all problems are far away.

over-killer
19th September 2008, 18:21
I know this has been talked about before, but I couldn't find it. I would like to keep 2 audio tracks for one of my bluray's. The first one is french w/ english sub's and the other is the english audio. Is there any way to do that with ripbot or should I hard encode the french audio w/ english subs w/ ripbot and use tsmuxer to add the english audio?

Thanks

juGGaKNot
19th September 2008, 19:55
I know this has been talked about before, but I couldn't find it. I would like to keep 2 audio tracks for one of my bluray's. The first one is french w/ english sub's and the other is the english audio. Is there any way to do that with ripbot or should I hard encode the french audio w/ english subs w/ ripbot and use tsmuxer to add the english audio?

Thanks

no audio in Ripbot + mkvtoolnix 2.3.0 for the audio tracks is what i do.

I asked atak, there will be no "2 audio tracks" in ripbot

the other way ( might crash ripbot ) edit the audio.bat and mux.bat after adding a job.

over-killer
23rd September 2008, 20:21
@Atak

I'm trying to convert my copy of equilibrium from hddvd to bluray. For some reason when I put it into ripbot a horn blows and says there is only 450 frames. I am using version 1.10.6 and didn't have a problem with version 1.10.5 when I changed it to a bd9. What should I send you to trouble shoot this?

Thanks

malgates
24th September 2008, 07:46
Hi,

i converted one of my HD DVDS to an MKV with this tutorial:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=137128 Sektion 3.

So I got a MKV File with 2 Audio Stream and thougt "why not convert it with ripbot?". So I converted them to Bluray. I selected 2 Pass encoding with 8048 Mbits and the Playstation 3 Profile. After 12 hours of encoding I got a Blu-Ray Folder with a M2TS Stream with 800 MB. How is that possible? Did I do s.th. wrong? I am trying it again right now with a fixed size of 8500 MB. Hopefully that will work.

Can anyone give me a hint?

Regards