PDA

View Full Version : DirectVobSub, titles multiplied and stretched in width...

tomixyz
27th June 2007, 16:32
Does somebody know what is wrong with DirectVobSub when the text is multiplied aka the same text is written 5 times filling the whole screen vertically and at the same time stretched to the width of the video window/screen?

I installed the DVS along with the K-Lite Mega (v.2.10) with lots of stuff settings as I've done before with earlier KLMCP's, but this kind of problem hasn't come up before. I tried to use the codec pack fix tweak but it was no help.

I will probably try to uninstall and re-install the whole thing again, but if there are any clues for the possible cause of the described problem, please let me know. I'd hopefully be able to avoid the wrong moves later on if the problem re-occurs..

Dark Shikari
28th June 2007, 03:54
Well the proper solution is to not install crappy codec packs. K-Lite Mega is notorious for throwing tons of filters and splitters together without any care for actually making them work correctly.

Try using something more tested and reliable, like the CCCP.

tomixyz
28th June 2007, 17:48
Well the proper solution is to not install crappy codec packs. K-Lite Mega is notorious for throwing tons of filters and splitters together without any care for actually making them work correctly.

Try using something more tested and reliable, like the CCCP.

Reason I've been using K-Lite Mega is that I have some video clips that have been piling up through years, and althought I little by little re-compress them to more convenient contemporary formats (DivX or Xvid), I still need the 'retro' codecs until all conversions are done.. But anyway hint taken, thanks! :)

I found that the reason for the multiplied texts wasn't actually the DirectVobSub, but the .sub-files themselves - which I had ripped with SubRip from DVDSupDecode converted bitmaps - which were converted from .sup files ripped with ProjectX. I haven't found the actual origin of the error yet, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't the DVDSupDecode converted stuff somehow.

So, I'm still looking for the proper solution on how to convert the .sup-files, ripped from DVB-recorder's .ts-files (with ProjectX or equivalent) into .sub-files - which seems to be the best supported format on both the PC and hardware video players. Anybody who can create a reliable one click solution to get the .ts-subtitles into .sub-format will be my next big hero. ;)

The horizontal stretching seems to be appearing only with MPEG2 files that are widescreen aka the pixels are stretched in width and the subtitles are then stretched accordingly. I guess DirectVobSub was created with 1:1 pixels in mind..?