PDA

View Full Version : MaestroSBT RTL bug - a fix/alternative?

The Professor
28th May 2007, 14:58
Hello,

First off, allow me to thank guillep2k for such great program, it's really efficient, specially that it supports SSA's styles and fonts, etc... that's a great benefit for me as a subtitler.

I tested this great program with English subtitles, and it worked just fine. However, when I tried to use it with Arabic subtitles, the result wasn't as expected. If I set 'Script font code page:' to force Arabic and 'Multibyte code page:' to Arabic, it would work, but the text would be reversed. Now, I'm aware of the 'Right to left language' option, nonetheless, when I tick it and try 'Edit & Preview' or 'Generate', the application would crash right away. Same happens with the Unicode version.

Unfortunately, since guillep2k doesn't maintain the program anymore, I was hoping that there's someone else who can fix this bug, so please if you know anything about it, please help me out. However, if no programmers are interested, or have no idea how to fix it, I would appreciate it if you guided me to another program which converts SSA (or ever SRT) subtitles to DVD Maestro format (.son & .spf), which allowes me after that to convert it them to VobSub (IDX/SUB).

I'm aware that there is a very nice, easy and fast application named "Txt2VobSub" that can covert SRT/SUB subtitles to VobSub, but it doesn't support SSA nor keep SRT's special tags.

I wish someone would look into it.

Thanks in advance,
TP.

manusse
28th May 2007, 15:06
For your information, SubtitleCreator can also convert SRT/SUB subtitles to VobSub, but it also doesn't support ssa.

Cheers
Manusse

The Professor
28th May 2007, 20:51
For your information, SubtitleCreator can also convert SRT/SUB subtitles to VobSub, but it also doesn't support ssa.

Cheers
Manusse

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, first off.
Does it allow SRT special tags (Italic/Bold/Underline...)?
I might give it a try, anyways. Thanks.

However, if anybody has a solution for MaestroSBT or similar program which supports SSA, please let me know.

manusse
28th May 2007, 23:03
There are a few special tags allowed like bold, underline, italics, choose your font and font size and subtitle position. You can even choose a karaoke color i.e. use 2 different colors for your text. (Provided the players/VSFilter can display such multi-color sub/idx files, which I don't know).

Cheers,
Manusse

The Professor
29th May 2007, 00:53
Hi,

It's very nice, no, it's great! Italic/Bold is good enough for me, I even managed to get different offsets for different lines. Moreover, I could choose different colors, etc. So basically no need to SAA in this case.

Nonetheless, I got 2 things to ask about:

1) Although this might sound silly, for me it's kind of important. I'll demonstrate with a picture:

http://uploader.polorix.net//files/367/prob1.bmp

My goal from this picture is to show you that there's a space between the period at the end of the line and the word before, which is weird, because that's not the case with English subtitles, plus it's not a font problem (I tested several fonts), and in the original file there are no spaces before the periods, and this is only at the end of the lines, as you can see it's fine in the middle. This is only with periods, lines that end with question mark or exclamation mark does not have space before them. If I removed the space manually it would look fine, but I can't do that to 100's of lines. It's really weird. At least if there had been a replace function (like Ctrl+h in MS apps) I would have had been able to remove these spaces.

PS: That's Arabic in the picture (RTL language).

2) After I finish converting to VobSub, I would get an error, and here are the details:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: SplitterDistance must be between Panel1MinSize and Width - Panel2MinSize.
at System.Windows.Forms.SplitContainer.set_SplitterDistance(Int32 value)
at SubtitleCreator.PreviewForm.ResizePreviewForm()
at SubtitleCreator.PreviewForm.PreviewForm_Resize(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnResize(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnResize(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at SubtitleCreator.PreviewForm.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SubtitleCreator
Win32 Version: 2.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/SubtitleCreator/SubtitleCreator.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
DShowNET
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.1
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/SubtitleCreator/DShowNET.DLL
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
ListViewEx
Assembly Version: 1.0.2297.19690
Win32 Version: 1.0.2297.19690
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/SubtitleCreator/ListViewEx.DLL
SubtitleCreator.resources
Win32 Version: 2.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/SubtitleCreator/en/SubtitleCreator.resources.DLL
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I apologize for the long post, and I hope you can assist me, especially with the first "problem", because it's important to me.

I appreciate your replies, thanks.

manusse
29th May 2007, 19:23
About point 1)
Paddington should have a look because he coded this part.
About point 2)
Could you PM me the original srt file so that I try to understand what the bug is? Also tell me if you're working in NTSC or PAL mode.

Cheers
Manusse

moko
18th June 2007, 19:43
I used to have similar problems with hebrew subtitles way back, with the words order being wrong, flipped numbers and more. a friend mine programmed a little something for me that changed everything in the original srt sub and then everything was fine in MaestroSBT. the problem is I can't find this program now... guess I'll have to dig deeper. off course I can't tell if it'll help with arabic subs since I never tested it but both languages are more than simlar so there's a good chance.
I'll let you know if I find it somewhere.

EDIT: just when I posted this I remembered that I had a copy of it in my gmail, so here it is:
http://rapidshare.com/files/37978943/RTL_flupsub.exe.html

just input the original srt sub (it has to be srt!) and try it. let me know if it works!

manusse
18th June 2007, 20:56
Did you try this (I mean if you use SubtitleCreator):
Unselect Settings->During the loading of subtitles->Cleanup spaces

This solved The Professor's spaces problem.

Cheers
Manusse