PDA

View Full Version : "Simple" capturing tool?

CharlyAR2
20th May 2007, 07:00
Hi guys,

Mi wife needs to capture (many) different videos from VHS and convert them to DVD. So I was looking for some "simple" tool so I don't have to do all the work... :P

I tried Nero Vision and seems to work ok, but is SO simple that doesn't even allow to cut the typical borders...

Can anybody recomend me any tool to do this and have some very basic functions as crop and able to delete some sections?

Thanks a lot!

WildCelt
21st May 2007, 14:12
If you are looking for "simple," then go for a standalone player. You will not be able to customize menus, etc. like you could in software, but it is much easier.

CharlyAR2
21st May 2007, 14:44
Mhmmm... Unfortunately, that's not a posibility, it has to be DVD... :(

setarip_old
21st May 2007, 19:28
Hi!

Actually, I'm fairly certain that "WildCelt" meant to say "standalone DVD RECORDER" (not "player").

The standalone recorders (there are also combination VHS/DVD recorder units) record directly to DVD - a true "one click" solution...

DanielSmith
22nd May 2007, 09:37
there are a lot such software like premier and ulead ,but since you need a simple one, why do you try windows movie maker?
i have used kind of screen capture software called ACA Capture Pro (http://www.acasystems.com/index.php), i think it can handle it .

WildCelt
22nd May 2007, 14:18
Hi!

Actually, I'm fairly certain that "WildCelt" meant to say "standalone DVD RECORDER" (not "player").

The standalone recorders (there are also combination VHS/DVD recorder units) record directly to DVD - a true "one click" solution...

Yes, that is what I meant. Sorry for the confusion.

jult
25th May 2007, 00:53
there are a lot such software like premier and ulead ,but since you need a simple one, why do you try windows movie maker?I didn't see him mentioning trying WMM.

WildCelt
25th May 2007, 15:00
I think he meant, "why don't you try..." :)