PDA

View Full Version : DVD can play with certain dvd player only

spider1
6th May 2007, 05:35
Hello,
Newbie here. I just start using DVDRebuilder to re-author some dvd9 to dvd5, and I don't know what set up I should use but when it's done and burned onto dvd5 my panasonic dvd player can't play but samsung no problem!
Any ideas what set up I should use to eliminate this problem and is there any filters that I could use to make the quality of the dvd5 to come out better!! but reading few threads that procoder does not like to use any filters! Please give me some lights to start with!:thanks:

setarip_old
6th May 2007, 06:02
Hi!my panasonic dvd player can't play but samsung no problem!This would indicate that there's nothing wrong with your burned DVD.

To determine the capabilities/limitations of your specific brand and model of standalone DVD player, as well as media compatibility, go to:

www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers

wmansir
6th May 2007, 10:00
Like setarip_old suggested it's most likely a media compatibility issue.

But, since you mentioned Procoder I'll say I have encountered players that don't like Procoder's field based encoding. If your EclPro.ini file (under DVD RB/Encoders/EclPro) has Alwaysframe=0, then it will have used field based for interlaced segments. Setting it to =1 will give higher compatibility.

If the Panasonic plays other discs burned on that media fine, then it might be worth looking into.

~bT~
9th May 2007, 12:25
I have had the same problem in the past.
DVD wont play on player A but will play on player B and vice versa.

Both players have worked previously with the same media (TY) so that's not the problem.

Seems like some autorun isn't being activated..

Players in question are a Samsung and Tevion (DivX)

jdobbs
9th May 2007, 23:05
1. What version of Rebuilder are you using?

2. Are you doing any other pre or post processing?

3. What software are you using to burn?

[Added the last question after MLS's post -- good question -- I highly recommend ImgBurn]

MLS
10th May 2007, 02:14
Your process of putting the files on the DVD is also important, I remember back in my newbie days using Nero to author a DVD. The disc would play fine in a couple players and not in others.

This happened to be a UDF issue, and burning properly (with Imgtools or Imgburn) may be something to look at (it fixed my problem). Perhaps if you aren't already using the option to write a disc image for you, you may try that.

/MLS

~bT~
10th May 2007, 10:07
@ jdobbs

1. At that time it was 1.24.0
2. None, just ripping to HD using RI4M, movie & menus mode.
3. ImgBurn

jdobbs
10th May 2007, 10:54
Ripping in "Movie and Menus" mode is very definitely significant preprocessing. Try ripping the entire movie and then use DVD-RB to create "Movie and Menus" mode -- then report back.

blutach
10th May 2007, 11:29
@jdobbs

I always found Menu and Movie mode to be highly compliant. Simply, unwanted titlesets are blanked.

This is probably not the cause of the problem.

Regards

jdobbs
10th May 2007, 12:00
Sorry, but I've been down that road too many times before. If I find that it still occurs without that editing (and it is significant editing) I'll look at it... I'm confident that DVD-RB is also "highly compliant" -- but the problem is still apparently happening, and this is the only thing (from what is reported) that I as significantly different from what others (who aren't reporting this problem) may be doing.

~bT~
10th May 2007, 12:41
@jdobbs

I always found Menu and Movie mode to be highly compliant. Simply, unwanted titlesets are blanked.

This is probably not the cause of the problem.

Regards
I do most of my encodes using that option. It was only a one off prob so I'm not so bothered.

spider1
12th May 2007, 05:56
1. What version of Rebuilder are you using?

2. Are you doing any other pre or post processing?

3. What software are you using to burn?

[Added the last question after MLS's post -- good question -- I highly recommend ImgBurn]
Hello,
1. I'm using version 1.12.1
2.No
3.I use clone dvd to burn the dvd.
Next question is with procoder can I use any filters with it and what kind of filters and its limitation.
Thanks.

linx05
12th May 2007, 07:06
Update your DVD Rebuilder. The latest version is 1.25.0.

jdobbs
12th May 2007, 11:31
Are you a registered user?

The version you are using is way out of date. There have been 11 updates since that one. I would also highly recommend you use ImgBurn to burn your discs.