PDA

View Full Version : DVD-R problems

joderbaer
31st December 2001, 18:40
:confused:
Happy new year to everybody!
I have two problems with self-made DVD-Rs, maybe someone can give me some tips...

but first technical data:
- P3-1000, 256 MB RAM and so on...
- Pioneer DVR03 DVD-Burner
- Sonic MyDVD 2.5
- Gainward MPEG2 Encoder board ( http://www.gainward.de/products/videoxpert.html )

then my approach up to now:
- with the Gainward-board I digitized a Hi8-Video to MPEG2, 720x576, 25 fps (PAL), 5 MBit/s video + 384 kBit/s audio, already multiplexed in one file, other settings not possible.
has superb quality, even after 45 minutes audio and video are synchronized...
- with MyDVD I imported this file, and started the cration-process. It seems that first the File gets de-mulriplexed than re-multiplexed...
- DVD-R (general use) is burned

Finally I view it and then:
- viewable, video and audio quality are super!
BUT
a) video and audio are not sync'ed, audio is approx 1 to 2 seconds in front
b) on my Yamakawa 715 stand-alone player fast forwarding is not possible! But this works on my PC-DVD-Player, so it can be an error in the Yami...

a) is the biggest problem, of course!!
Any suggestions, ideas, help, comments are welcome!
Thanks in advance
J. Haberer

Haywire
1st January 2002, 17:18
joderbaer,

b) on my Yamakawa 715 stand-alone player fast forwarding is not possible! But this works on my PC-DVD-Player, so it can be an error in the Yami...

Hmm.. What firmware level do you have? Make sure you have 1.65. I know it doesn't sound like it should matter but I also found out that playback on my standalones *improved* alot once I upgraded from 1.55 to 1.65. And like you mentioned, it works on your PC, but not too well on your Yamakawa. Sounds like the problems I had with my Sony. I could fast forward and skip chapters but it would lock up after a while. Now it doesn't anymore..

beaups
2nd January 2002, 04:57
Originally posted by joderbaer
:confused:
Happy new year to everybody!
I have two problems with self-made DVD-Rs, maybe someone can give me some tips...

but first technical data:
- P3-1000, 256 MB RAM and so on...
- Pioneer DVR03 DVD-Burner
- Sonic MyDVD 2.5
- Gainward MPEG2 Encoder board ( http://www.gainward.de/products/videoxpert.html )

then my approach up to now:
- with the Gainward-board I digitized a Hi8-Video to MPEG2, 720x576, 25 fps (PAL), 5 MBit/s video + 384 kBit/s audio, already multiplexed in one file, other settings not possible.
has superb quality, even after 45 minutes audio and video are synchronized...
- with MyDVD I imported this file, and started the cration-process. It seems that first the File gets de-mulriplexed than re-multiplexed...
- DVD-R (general use) is burned

Finally I view it and then:
- viewable, video and audio quality are super!
BUT
a) video and audio are not sync'ed, audio is approx 1 to 2 seconds in front

a) is the biggest problem, of course!!
Any suggestions, ideas, help, comments are welcome!
Thanks in advance
J. Haberer

Everything I've done with MyDVD just stinks...A/V is always out of sync. There are updates available at hp.com but I don't know if this is fixed. Better solution is to use different authoring s/w. MyDVD transcodes all of the audio and just can't seem to ever get it right.

--Sean

jdobbs
3rd January 2002, 19:22
joderbaer,

I don't think MyDVD will burn MPEG audio files. It seems I've read it breaks them out into PCM (all it supports) before the burn. You might try creating and using a WAV file for your burn.

On the other hand you might want to think about getting some better Authoring software.