PDA

View Full Version : Dvd To Rip To Dvd Copy Problem?

1DREAMER
30th December 2001, 06:24
Just got A03 burner. Ripped movie with smartripper 2.40 , ran nero in udf/iso mode,dragged vobs & ifo into window area where it should go. Took about 56 min to burn at 1X . When i try to play on power dvd 3.0 , i get a (dvd error code 89030000
Unknown file format) ??? If i switch to file mode and drag the files in powerdvd, it plays. Will not play or be reconized on my standalone players. I saw this method of ripping and burning with nero in a thread reply. The movie is under 4.3gig. Can any one tell me if i am doing this right or wrong, and lead me in the right direction of the proper way to do this. Please keep it as simple as possible (i am a NEWBIE):(

1DREAMER
30th December 2001, 06:27
Forgot to add , i am running windows XP version. :(

jdobbs
30th December 2001, 06:55
I've tried NERO again and again, more than one version (and including the latest). It just doesn't work for me. I use PRASSI PRIMO DVD 2.0 (the one that came with the A03 burner) and it works every time. That includes my standalone Apex 660. NERO has to be doing something wrong. I'm only using DVD-RWs -- that may have something to do with it.

Chumboy
30th December 2001, 07:39
1DREAMER

check your exact method against this one if you wish to grab the movie only:

With Smartripper, select just the main movie. Go to stream processing, and I select just the video file, the english ac3 track, and ”others” and you want direct stream processing set for each. In settings under file splitting check every vob file. You should be able to leave everything else at its default settings. Now rip to a new folder named whatever you wish. When ripping is done, I make another new folder called new ifo’s. Now launch Ifoedit (you must use latest version!). Hit open, and navigate to the folder where you ripped the movie. Open the vts_01_0.ifo file. Hit vob extra’s and check correct vob unit pointers, remove P-UOps, correct IFO tables, and create new VIDEO_TS.IFO & VTS_01_0.IFO check those 4 things and nothing else. Save to your new ifo's folder. Hit ok and let Ifoedit do its thing. Save as BUP when asked at the end. Now go back to the folder where you ripped the movie and throw out everything except the vob files themselves. Go to the folder where you saved the new Ifo files and move them into the movie folder. Now rename your vobs from (example) vts_03_1.vob to vts_01_1.vob so they match your new ifo’s. Now launch Ifoedit again, hit open, go back to your movie folder and open each ifo file and run get vts sectors. Hit save on each one and save over the original. Name your movie folder to VIDEO_TS. Thats it. Its very fast and easy, and you get chapters, ac3, and everything works perfect.

i use primodvd, not nero...so i can't help there.

good luck.

1DREAMER
30th December 2001, 14:58
will give it a shot today. Thank you very much for the reply and detailed instructions. Happy Holidays.:)