PDA

View Full Version : Timcode instead of .srt text ?

spacelord
11th March 2007, 13:40
Hi:confused:

I have made a DivX file of a movie I have at home. I bought it when I was in London and was thrilled when I saw that someone has gone through the pain to translate it into Swedish for me.
The .srt file that I downloaded works perfect on my pc (playing it in VLC media) but when I try to watch it on TV I get the "timecodes" instead of the actual text. What have I done wrong and what can I do to correct this

Thanks for your time in advance :thanks:

S-lord

setarip_old
11th March 2007, 18:43
Hi!

Sounds like your standalone player requires a different subtitle format. The player's documentation undoubtedly provides the required information...

Mtz
12th March 2007, 07:10
Try to load the subtitle file in Subtitle workshop and save it from there as SubRip.

enjoy,
Mtz

spacelord
12th March 2007, 09:27
Hi!

Sounds like your standalone player requires a different subtitle format. The player's documentation undoubtedly provides the required information...

Sory Setarip. It's working on another avi in me TViX M5000A and the player undoubtedly supports .srt files. I should have stated that (sorry)

Try to load the subtitle file in Subtitle workshop and save it from there as SubRip.

enjoy,
Mtz

The other avi I have works flawlessly in my other player. I ll download SUb workshoP and check it out. I might need
help with the program though since I am a total newb :-( (sorry for that)

Nik

spacelord
13th March 2007, 20:57

enjoy,
Mtz

Hiya Mtz

I just want to thank you for that little tip :thanks: and
for your time.

Subtitle workshop worked perfectly and I can now enjoy my
old avi file with text in my language :)

Cheers
Nik

setarip_old
13th March 2007, 21:42
Glad to hear you've resolved your dilemma!

I'm curious to know if you've determined why other .SRT format files played properly, while this one didn't

spacelord
14th March 2007, 08:53
Glad to hear you've resolved your dilemma!

I'm curious to know if you've determined why other .SRT format files played properly, while this one didn't

Not a clue setarip. I Loaded several .srt files in "Subtitle Workshop" to compare setup and where timecodes were placed etc. I haven't used the prog before so I have probably missed something but once I saved the text as "subrip" and loaded that .srt file into my TViX HD Player, the actual text showed up instead of the timecode. Call it "fluke" or "magic" :) I really can't understand. Maybee Mtz can explain as to why this is ? I just really happy that I can watch my old movie :)
Nik
ps. LOVELY PROGRAM "Subt Workshop" though. I am amazed. It will take a while to get to know it but I am prepared to study cause it seems to be able to do just about anything you want :-) ds