PDA

View Full Version : AACS key dissemination media attention

FMalibu
4th March 2007, 23:08
Hi,

Not sure if this is the right subforum for this, but it seems to be where all the discussion on this topic is centered.

As a sheer coincidence, I happened to pick up a free newspaper this friday and lo and behold, it contained a (quite inaccurate) article about AACS being "hacked". For those that can actually read Dutch, it's the in the first two columns of page 15: http://depers.coolcreations.nl/papers/37.pdf.

I won't translate it all (unless demand is high), but there are a couple of things that struck me while reading it:

Although Muslix64 and Arnezami are credited, there is no mention of Doom9. (maybe a good thing...)
Some glaring inaccuracies, including: "[Muslix64] seemed to be able to simulate a legitimate player and in this way have movies on hd-dvd give up their keys". Also they completely forget to mention Volume-IDs when it comes to the processing key.
It's written as if AACS is "hacked" forever, no mention of countermeasures.
The most interesting thing, they actually published the VUK for King Kong and the Processing Key! Can they get away with this? :)

Anyway, I was not surprised by the inaccuracy, it's what I've come to expect from journalism on highly technical topics, but I was surprised by to find the actual keys in the paper. Are there any other media that have published a similar article?

-- FMalibu

blutach
5th March 2007, 14:39
Not sure if this is the right subforum for thisNo, it isn't.

We have a News forum.

Moved.

Regards