PDA

View Full Version : Problem DVD -> How to Edit / Fix ?

prubin
24th February 2007, 20:03
Hi all. I'm new to IFOEdit, and I have a problem DVD that I'm trying to rip. When I preview in DGIndex, the first about 4 minutes seems to alternate back and forth between Cell ID 1 and Cell ID 2 (English and Japanese). Then once Cell ID 3 starts, all is OK.

I've looked over the structure in IFOEdit, however I'm not sure how to fix this. I thought perhaps I could just delete Cell ID 2, but I can't seem to figure out how.

Thanks in advance!

setarip_old
24th February 2007, 23:01
Hi!

Sounds like a multi-angle DVD.

1) What is the Title and region of the DVD?

2) What software and procedures are you using to initially rip the DVD?

prubin
24th February 2007, 23:27
It's a Japanese Anime move, "Origin Secrets of the Past", via DVD Decrypter. Yes it appears to have two angles, One for Japanese, and another for English. For some reason, the credits section (about 4 minutes) wants to play both angles at the same time. Any ideas?

Hi!
Sounds like a multi-angle DVD.
1) What is the Title and region of the DVD?
2) What software and procedures are you using to initially rip the DVD?

blutach
25th February 2007, 02:20
Have you ripped with VOB PUOps off? This is not usually a good idea for angle DVDs.

Get the PgcEdit PUOps plugin and reset the VOB PUOps (ie run it and leave the defaults). Should be OK then.

Regards

setarip_old
25th February 2007, 10:49
@prubin

Since you refer to using DGIndex, I presume you're intending to convert the "movie only" to .AVI or similar.

If so, I believe you can easily resolve your problem by re-ripping with DVD Decrypter and from the "Tools" dropdown menu, selecting Settings>>File Mode - and under "Options", putting a checkmark next to "Multi Angle Processing" and selecting the angle you wish to retain...

prubin
27th February 2007, 02:45
Thanks for the tip. I re-ripped with DVD Decrypter, selected the 2nd Angle only, and it worked great.

@prubin

Since you refer to using DGIndex, I presume you're intending to convert the "movie only" to .AVI or similar.

If so, I believe you can easily resolve your problem by re-ripping with DVD Decrypter and from the "Tools" dropdown menu, selecting Settings>>File Mode - and under "Options", putting a checkmark next to "Multi Angle Processing" and selecting the angle you wish to retain...

setarip_old
27th February 2007, 04:15
Thanks for the tip. I re-ripped with DVD Decrypter, selected the 2nd Angle only, and it worked great.Glad to hear it worked for you! As I've oft'times said, most times simpler is better ;>}