PDA

View Full Version : damn vobsub makes me fuckin crazy

Frosty
28th December 2001, 16:42
k my problem:

some of the movies are flipped, some are not. i know i can use the option to flip them back but this sucks and its unconfortable. but the best is: i wanted to watch the ice age trailer, its in wmx format as far as i can remember. k, so this thing has NO subtitles, but the goddamn vobsub loads anyway and of course with a flipped picture. this wasnt like that before, but i had to reinstall the windows media player cuz some codecs were fucked. i reinstalled all from the scratch...codecs, vobsub etc but it still wont work. i am using vobsub 2.05. there is no problem with the 2.02 with this trailer, but this version always crashes when i want to load a subtitle. what shall i do? goddamn this sucks...

a pretty mad Frosty

gabest
28th December 2001, 17:34
Originally posted by Frosty
... there is no problem with the 2.02 with this trailer, but this version always crashes when i want to load a subtitle...

Is this "trailer" available somewhere on the net? Do you have an URL?

Is that subtitle file crashing the player if you load it with another movie?

Frosty
28th December 2001, 18:23
i ment with "there is no problem with the trailer" that 2.02 is not loading there. 2.05 is, even when there are no subs. and it crashes with every subtitle in every movie.

http://www.iceage-derfilm.de there you can find the trailer.

Schultz
29th December 2001, 03:01
Originally posted by Frosty
but the goddamn vobsub loads anyway

If you go into DirectVobSub's configuration there is an option to Always Auto-Load turn this option off and DirectVobSub should only load when Subtitles are found.

Frosty
29th December 2001, 12:54
Originally posted by Schultz

If you go into DirectVobSub's configuration there is an option to Always Auto-Load turn this option off and DirectVobSub should only load when Subtitles are found.

it is off, its by default off.