PDA

View Full Version : txt to Scenarist image files

kitchy
15th February 2007, 14:05
Is there any software out there that takes a Ansi txt (or whichever text based subtitle format) and convert it to a .sst file along with every bitmap file for use in sonic scenarist (image sequence)?

Scenarist itself can't make an image sequence from .txt files, it needs the picture files along with the .sst file.

JapanSuki
15th February 2007, 18:10
MaestroSBT can convert .ssa to .sst bitmaps. I usually use 4bit bmp bitmaps though.

Mtz
18th February 2007, 10:04
Let's hope SubtitlesCreator will be able for this someday. Paddington, Manusse?

enjoy,
Mtz

kumi
18th February 2007, 11:00
One more vote for MaestroSBT here. The rendering engine is very good. And it can use Postscript or OpenType fonts, something SubtitleCreator will not have anytime soon.

derebo
20th February 2007, 15:42
Hi,

I've just tested MaestroSTB and the rendering engine outputs really nice bmp's! Now, two drawbacks (i'm not an expert so please report any info you consider useful):

1.- subtitle location. converting .srt > .ssa defaults to subtitles being located somrwhere in the middle of the screen. Isn't there a way for .ssa subs to be located somewhere else, just where I want them to be?

2.- loading a video background in MaestroSTB should be the answer. however, for some reason the program won't load .avi or .divx or .mpg (MPEG2)... And furthermore, in MaestroSTB I have found no way of moving all the subs to some screen location at the same time. so it has to be done... one after one! there must be a better way...

greetings,

kumi
20th February 2007, 19:05
1.- subtitle location. converting .srt > .ssa defaults to subtitles being located somrwhere in the middle of the screen. Isn't there a way for .ssa subs to be located somewhere else, just where I want them to be?Global postion is set in Styles > Edit style.

2.- loading a video background in MaestroSTB should be the answer. however, for some reason the program won't load .avi or .divx or .mpg (MPEG2)...I've never tried the video background setting. I usually just capture a frame of my video, and set it as a static "Picture file". If you press "Ctrl-A" in the Rendering Preview window, you will see exactly what the final rendered subs will look like. Very handy.

If you still want video preview, you can use the little button below the "Guidelines" button to feed the VirtualDub plugin.

For example, if your source is a DVD, load all VOBS in DGIndex and Save Project .D2V.
Fill in video "xxxx.d2v" filename and save one of these .AVS script:

For NTSC 16:9-Corrected subtitles over anamorphic video, accurate subtitle placement and sizing:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\dgmpgdec\DGDecode.dll") # From http://neuron2.net/dgmpgdec/
LoadVirtualdubPlugin("G:\Program Files\MaestroSBT-ANSI-2.6.0.0\VDubMaestroSBT.vdf", "_VD_MSBT")
MPEG2Source ("xxxx.d2v").ConvertToRGB32()._VD_MSBT()
BilinearResize(720,390).AddBorders(0,75,0,75,$000000)

For NTSC 4:3-corrected subtitles over anamorphic video, accurate subtitle placement and sizing:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\dgmpgdec\DGDecode.dll") # From http://neuron2.net/dgmpgdec/
LoadVirtualdubPlugin("G:\Program Files\MaestroSBT-ANSI-2.6.0.0\VDubMaestroSBT.vdf", "_VD_MSBT")
MPEG2Source ("xxxx.d2v").ConvertToRGB32()
BilinearResize(720,390).AddBorders(0,45,0,45,$000000)._VD_MSBT()
BilinearResize(720,540)

If you're working with PAL and/or non-anamorphic video, adjust BilinearResize() and AddBorder() parameters accordingly...

Start the MaestroSBT feed, load the .AVS in VirtualDub, and you've got video preview. :)
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/626/vdub00002uz3.th.png (http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/626/vdub00002uz3.png)

derebo
23rd February 2007, 10:52
Hi,

Thanks for that piece of info. I have a question concerning resizes...?

NTSC is 720 x 480 pixels
So why...?

BilinearResize(720,390).AddBorders(0,75,0,75,$000000)

for NTSC 16:9

and

BilinearResize(720,390).AddBorders(0,45,0,45,$000000)._VD_MSBT()
BilinearResize(720,540)
for NTSC 4:3

The same question applies to PAL. Could you give some more details? What's the reason for resizing? Should size remain the same?

greetings,