PDA

View Full Version : position the subtitle in the black margin

kappa72
7th February 2007, 03:55
hi guys...if i play the .avi in the computer with bsplayer the subtitle appear on the black margin at the screen...but when i convert the .avi to dvd the sub is on the movie, up the black margin...is any way to put the sub on the black margin when i convert for dvd?

unskinnyboy
7th February 2007, 04:53
I don't know what application you are using to convert the avi to DVD, but whatever it is, I am assuming it has an avs input. If so, are you adding the subtitles after you add the borders? If you are using an ssa script, you can do the positioning in the script itself.

kappa72
7th February 2007, 16:11
i using TNPGEnc 3 xpress and the .srt or .sub subtitle...i will try with .ssa file and i will tell you the result...thanks

kappa72
8th February 2007, 23:49
unskinnyboy, i try but the same promblem..the subtitle appear up to the black margin...if i try moven down, enter under the black margin...anyway, thanks

unskinnyboy
9th February 2007, 00:26
What exactly did you try? Can you describe? Can you post your script?

kappa72
9th February 2007, 00:50
i think i undestand what is the problem...so...when i see a movie on the compuer (with bsplayer) i can manage the subtitle and put her on the black margin..but when i conver to dvd the subtitle appea over the black margin...but i search on the others forum and i undestand as the black margin in the computer come from the program what i use(bsplayer) and for put the subtitle on this black margin i must resize the WxH dimension and made this black margin...with virtualdub for example...now, i d'ont know how i can make this:)...do you know any guide for this?...thanks a lot man:D

unskinnyboy
9th February 2007, 01:49
http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/avi2dvdr.htm