PDA

View Full Version : Ripping Moulin Rouge

JodoKaast
28th December 2001, 00:14
I'm not sure if I have a bad (scratched or defective) DVD of this or not, but in Smart Ripper it rips EXTREMELY slowly, and before even finishing the first VOB file (after about 20 minutes of ripping) it gets an error, something about not being able to read the ifo I think and stops. vStrip crashes after about 10 minutes of ripping, with "average" speeds ranging from 100kbps and 2000kbps...

Do I have a bad DVD, or is this something tricky with the Moulin Rouge DVD? Any other rippers to try and see what I get with them?

Any settings I might be able to fiddle with to get this to rip, hopefully at reasonable speeds, but if not, get it ripped at all?

maven
28th December 2001, 14:34
define "crashed".

[sounds like a scratched dvd to me].

JodoKaast
28th December 2001, 15:32
When I say vStrip crashed, I mean it says "vStrip has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down" or something similar.

I finally got it working in Smart Ripper by disabling ASPI. SR was using ASPI to decrypt the DVD and it was taking forever and eventually screwing up, so I just disabled it and it worked fine with DeCSSPlus. Even went faster than ASPI, quite a bit actually.

maven
28th December 2001, 16:49
what DVD did it crash on?
i haven't had a crash in ages (that was related to vStrip and not my shitty Delphi-code)...

JodoKaast
28th December 2001, 17:48
It was the recently released Moulin Rouge DVD. Alls I know is that forcing no-aspi with Smart Ripper got it to work at about an average of 2500kbps, but when I did it with SR with ASPI, it varied from 100kbits to 2000kbps and stopped and gave me an error about not reading being able to read the IFO file after just copying 300meg of the first VOB file. After SR errored out on me, my DVD drive disappeared from windows and I had to reboot in order to get it to show up again. vStrip crashed (actually crashed) at a similar location in copying the DVD.