PDA

View Full Version : Captured Audio

Blizzardstar
2nd February 2007, 01:37
Hello, I have a problem.
I formated my PC, and after reintalling DScaler and everything I tried recoridng, but after recording and checking the recorded video there was barely any sound, it was very, very low; I've tried various things and nothing worked. I'm at a loss here.
Please help me!

setarip_old
2nd February 2007, 02:54
Hi!

Have you tried playing other, previously recorded files containing audio - to determine if they play at proper audio levels?

Blizzardstar
2nd February 2007, 03:15
Yes, the files before the PC formatting are OK, in fact they're louder than normal and I have to turn down the volume when I play them.

Blizzardstar
2nd February 2007, 03:45
The audio is wrong anyway, there's something in the recording process because at the moment of recording the sound is normal.

setarip_old
2nd February 2007, 05:03
1) What does "DScaler" have to do with your audio problem? I'm not personally familiar with it but, per SourceForge, "DScaler" is "An application that does scaling/deinterlacing/inverse telecine using a high powered PC and a bt8x8 TV capture card."

2) What is your setup for capturing (software, video and audio connections, settings)?

I'm guessing that you need, but don't have a "Line-In" connection to your sound card - and, perhaps, instead are picking up ambient microphone audio...

Blizzardstar
2nd February 2007, 05:17
1)My problem with DScaler is that in the resulting file of the capture you can barely hear the audio, but I could hear the audio perfectly fine at the moment when the file was being caputured. The setting are the same before formatting the PC but only now there seems to be a problem.

2)My setup for capturing is DScaler, I use an A/V composite cable from the console to the PC, the video cable connects directly to the capture card while the audio ones go into a Y adapter and then in the "Line in" of the sound card.

I have checked to use the Audio Mixer from the system then in the Mixer Lines Source for Inputs I have the PC speakers.

I'm really stressed because I'm kinda a newb and it took me a couple of months to get the capture card going and now after formatting it seems the cycle to be repeating itself :(

setarip_old
2nd February 2007, 05:34
I'm sorry but again, I see nothing in the description of "DScaler" (at SourceForge) that indicates it in anyway facilitates audio capture.

If I'm mistaken, perhaps another poster can provide additional insight...

Blizzardstar
2nd February 2007, 05:41
I see... maybe it's something bigger than just the software, but it's confusing because it worked before and there's normal sound it's just the resulting file that's wrong. :confused:
Thanks anyway.

Edit: Just noticed that in the lower part it says "Volume mute" but I can't press anything around it, it's just there in the lower left corner, but the files have really low sound they're not mute.

setarip_old
2nd February 2007, 07:40
Just noticed that in the lower part it says "Volume mute" Go here: http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/setup/index.htm

and look at the setup for "Audio Input"...

Blizzardstar
3rd February 2007, 04:34
Problem solved!

Damn, I was wondering if something went wrong with the formatting and yes there was, I took the PC and it took the whole day to fix it (repaired by the guy that formatted the PC) From like 10 A.M. to like 7 P.M. I think they even formatted it again, and there were some messed up drivers.

Yay! It works perfectly now; but I'm too tired to record now... Good Night *Goes to sleep*