PDA

View Full Version : What audio codecs work in Vdub?

Karl Beem
27th December 2001, 16:56
I'm encoding basketball games with Divx 4.x. I don't need great sound. Small size and maintaining the audio sync is most important. What do you use?

Karl

MaTTeR
28th December 2001, 04:37
Personally I'd try using LAME with a bitrate around 96k. Should work nicely for you.

Now that you mention it..I've been wanting to encode some UK games but haven't got around to it yet :)

EDIT- Check out the thread in this forum called "Anyone get Lame to work in Virtualdub? "

Karl Beem
28th December 2001, 15:33
Originally posted by matter
Personally I'd try using LAME with a bitrate around 96k. Should work nicely for you.

Now that you mention it..I've been wanting to encode some UK games but haven't got around to it yet :)

EDIT- Check out the thread in this forum called "Anyone get Lame to work in Virtualdub? "

The only way I've gotten Lame to work is to also have the Radium Franhofer hack installed. But then I end up with a file saying that the audio codec is Franhofer IIS. Unless lame also uses this signature, Vdub is choosing the Radium, probably because it can't initialize Lame.

Karl

MaTTeR
28th December 2001, 16:55
You might look into encoding the audio and video seperately and then muxing them back together. Check out the Gknot/Vdub guide on this site. It will walk you through all the very simple steps.

chemmajik
6th January 2002, 01:37
Just capture in PCM non compressed then recommpress to your prefered audio codec, it really doesnt take long when you only have to just recompress audio.