PDA

View Full Version : SMPlayer - a new frontend for MPlayer

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

rvm
25th March 2008, 09:15
Version 0.6.0rc3 released

Most important changes since 0.6.0rc2:

* (Windows) Enqueuing multiple files in smplayer should work ok now even if smplayer is not running.
* Added new menu Video->Rotate, with options to rotate the image.
* Added new option Play->Jump to, which will show a dialog where you can enter the position (time) to jump.
* Added two new options in the Subtitles menu: "Enable closed caption" and "Forced subtitles only".
* The software equalizer should work now with gl, gl2 and directx:noaccel.
* Some multimedia keys should be recognized now in the shortcut editor.
* Added help for all options in the preferences dialog.
* New error dialog which will be shown if mplayer crashes, fails to start or finishes unexpectedly.
* SMPlayer will try to use xv (or directx in windows) as default.
* Added two new translations: Macedonian and Basque.

Downloads:
http://smplayer.sourceforge.net/downloads.php
http://smplayer.berlios.de/downloads.php

helms
31st March 2008, 09:25
Hi,

Is there anyway to remove the green line which occurs in some videos when using "expand=0:0:1440:0:0:8/5,harddup"

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/6066/shot0087no4.th.jpg (http://img514.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shot0087no4.jpg)

feature request:
A,B placeholders so you can loop/repeat the part of the video in between the placeholders.

rvm
31st March 2008, 11:18
I don't get that green line using that filter. Tested with directx, directx:noaccel and gl. Using mplayer r26264.

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9726/shot0007lw1.th.jpg (http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shot0007lw1.jpg)

helms
1st April 2008, 06:37
how about with this sample video:

maybe its because its packed bit stream, no idea, when I use smart copy mode in avidemux the green line doesn't show up in the resulting encode.

I think I remember someone posting a sample of a TV capture in the avidemux forum but unsure whether that is accepted on doom9.

rvm
1st April 2008, 10:48
Remove the harddup filter and also be sure the option "Include subtitles on screenshots" is disabled. This way the green line disappears.

helms
1st April 2008, 12:15
Is there another word I can use there instead of hardup, if I remove hardup, subtitles disappear too slowly like before and you see the new subtitle on top of the old one.

Can I ask what is the default color key of smplayer, since I tried changing it to get rid of the green line.

rvm
1st April 2008, 22:25
Is there another word I can use there instead of hardup, if I remove hardup, subtitles disappear too slowly like before and you see the new subtitle on top of the old one.

Maybe you can try with scale, eq2... I don't have your sample video in this computer so I can't test by myself.

Can I ask what is the default color key of smplayer, since I tried changing it to get rid of the green line.

0x020202

helms
2nd April 2008, 09:45
scale works.

:thanks:

Just noticed, scale seems to cause flash videos to add a partial 2nd image to the right of the original. Eq2 causes the green line. I think I should report the subtitle bug when using the expand filter to mplayer maybe it would get fixed so that there is no need to append anything to the end of the filter. Then again I don't know whether the bug occurs in linux.

After testing various words I found that "crop" and "noformat" both don't give the green line and fixes the subtitle bug. They shouldn't do anything to the video if I don't add any other words or numbers?

rvm
15th April 2008, 02:25
Version 0.6.0rc4 released

Most important changes since 0.6.0rc3:

* (Bugfix) Now DVDs start to play at chapter #1, instead of chapter #2, if using mplayer 1.0rc2 or older.
* (Fix) A delay could happen on startup if there were non local files in the recent's menu.
* (Bugfix) When using the command line options -send-action or -actions, some actions like aspect_4:3 didn't work.
* Initial support for edl files. If a file with the same name of the file to play but with extension .edl (or .EDL) exists, then smplayer will load it automatically. An edl file allows to skip or mute parts of the video.
* Possibility to automatically get info (length and name) about the files added to the playlist. This option is enabled by defaul on linux and disabled on windows (it's slow in this OS).
* Added in Preferences->General->Video an option to select the default deinterlacer.
* Added support for the mouse's buttons XButton1 and XButton2.
* Some new options have been added to the list of available actions for mouse buttons.
* Possibility to merge the 6 seeking buttons in the GUI into only two. It would only show the "rewind 10 secs" and "forward 10 secs" buttons. Keeping them pressed for a moment would popup menu with the rest of the buttons. This option is DISABLED by default and currently it can only be enabled at compile time changing the MINI_ARROW_BUTTONS define in src/guiconfig.h before compiling.

Downloads:
http://smplayer.berlios.de/downloads.php

liruogu
16th April 2008, 07:24
There's a problem with my 3GP files which were taken by my mobilephone, smplayer 0.5.62 plays them well, but 0.6.0 has no sound output, the audio format shown in 0.5.62 is:
samr
128kbps
8000Hz
ffamrnb
In 0.6.0, the last parameter is empty. Is it a bug of Mplayer?

rvm
16th April 2008, 14:53
This is because the mplayer build has been compiled without support for libamr_wb and libamr_nb because of licensing problems.

You can use this build (http://www.cccp-project.net/smf/index.php?topic=811.0) instead, I think it has support for those libs.

LoRd_MuldeR
17th April 2008, 19:06
Apparently ATI Catalyst 8.4 re-introduces OpenGL acceleration as it used to be in the good old days :D

(tested on Radeon 1950XT and WinXP x64-Edition)

bsw11
26th April 2008, 01:33
Hi,
Your player has real potential!

There is a problem using it in Vista as it causes the basic graphics mode to kick in and that is bad. It also does not seem to play at all on the 2nd video monitor. Do you have control over making changes to mplayer or if not where do I post these issues to?

As suggestion - make your playlist position dropable like winamp.

Also can where are the tracking files stored and are you keeping a play count and last play date?

An option to treat the playwindow as a drop into the current playlist (at end or after current) would also be very nice.

Thanks,

Barry

rvm
26th April 2008, 02:12
Hi,
Your player has real potential!

There is a problem using it in Vista as it causes the basic graphics mode to kick in and that is bad. It also does not seem to play at all on the 2nd video monitor. Do you have control over making changes to mplayer or if not where do I post these issues to?

Both things are explained in the FAQ (http://smplayer.wiki.sourceforge.net/FAQ#tocFAQ21)

Anyway version 0.6.0rc4 has a bug that could make disable Aero even if using gl/gl2. It's fixed in svn:
ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/smplayer/windows/

As suggestion - make your playlist position dropable like winamp.

The playlist can be docked into the main window, just drag it to the main window.

Also can where are the tracking files stored and are you keeping a play count and last play date?

The config files are in C:\Documents and Settings\your_username\.smplayer\ (that's in Windows XP, I think Vista uses a different directory).

An option to treat the playwindow as a drop into the current playlist (at end or after current) would also be very nice.

You can drag and drop files from the Windows explorer to the playlist.

(I don't know if this is what you were asking...)

bsw11
27th April 2008, 00:20
Both things are explained in the FAQ (http://smplayer.wiki.sourceforge.net/FAQ#tocFAQ21)

Anyway version 0.6.0rc4 has a bug that could make disable Aero even if using gl/gl2. It's fixed in svn:
ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/smplayer/windows/

The playlist can be docked into the main window, just drag it to the main window.

The config files are in C:\Documents and Settings\your_username\.smplayer\ (that's in Windows XP, I think Vista uses a different directory).

You can drag and drop files from the Windows explorer to the playlist.

(I don't know if this is what you were asking...)

The FAQ did the trick! - Suggestion - in the NSIS install - detect Vista and set the config file to the gl2 as the default.

Playlist - what I am talking about is the ability to drop AT a specific position in the playlist - right now when you drop a new file into the playlist, it ALWAYS goes at the END of the list. In winamp you can drop it anywhere IN the list. I hope this is clear now - its an important feature.

Another feature would be to be able to set where in the list an associated file winds up - End, or after the current file being played.

New Question - Is there any way to run multiple instances of SMPlayer? Where the file data is kept in a central place, put the player specific data is kept in separate locations?

I usually run 2 separate players on each monitor.

rvm
27th April 2008, 01:05
The FAQ did the trick! - Suggestion - in the NSIS install - detect Vista and set the config file to the gl2 as the default.

This is something pending. I hope I could do it soon.

Playlist - what I am talking about is the ability to drop AT a specific position in the playlist - right now when you drop a new file into the playlist, it ALWAYS goes at the END of the list. In winamp you can drop it anywhere IN the list. I hope this is clear now - its an important feature.

It's not possible at the moment. Maybe in the future, once I rewrite the playlist (another thing in the TODO list since a lot of time...)

New Question - Is there any way to run multiple instances of SMPlayer? Where the file data is kept in a central place, put the player specific data is kept in separate locations?

Yes, it's possible to run several instances. Preferences->Interface->Instances.

tomic
30th April 2008, 22:51
Hi,

i have a question about the Video-Equalizer. I change the options (Gamma,Kontrast etc) but i see no difference in my video. Why doesn't work?

Thx in advance

LoRd_MuldeR
30th April 2008, 23:45
Hmm, works fine here. With both, dx and gl renderer :confused:

Maybe some setting in your graphics drives disables application-controlled video eq !?

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/1741/colorzt5.th.png (http://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?image=colorzt5.png)

However you can try the "Use software video equalizer" option in SMPlayer preferences...

rvm
30th April 2008, 23:47
The video equalizer may not work with some video drivers. Try to check the option "Use software video equalizer" in Preferences->General->Video and see if it works.

tomic
1st May 2008, 00:37
I checked the option "Use software video equalizer" and now the player doesn't work. After only 1 second it stops playing the files

rvm
1st May 2008, 00:49
I checked the option "Use software video equalizer" and now the player doesn't work. After only 1 second it stops playing the files

Could you copy the mplayer log? (Options->View logs)

tomic
1st May 2008, 06:44
mplayer log is empty, so i copied smplayer log

rvm
1st May 2008, 08:40
mplayer log is empty

Take a look at the mplayer log after you tried to play a file. Then it shouldn't be empty.

LoRd_MuldeR
1st May 2008, 23:52
@tomic:
Better do not post log files as "attachment", because they need approval by a moderator!
Approval can take a loooong time and during this time other users can't access your attachment.

You can include the log in your post easily using CODE (http://forum.doom9.org/misc.php?do=bbcode#code) tags.
Or you can submit your log to Pastebin (http://pastebin.com/) and post the link back here...

tomic
2nd May 2008, 16:52
OK sorry for the attachment..

this is my mplayer log

C:/Programme/MPlayer for Windows/MPlayer.exe -noquiet -nofs -sub-fuzziness 1 -identify -slave -vo directx -ao dsound -zoom -nokeepaspect -priority abovenormal -framedrop -wid 918188 -colorkey 0x020202 -monitorpixelaspect 1 -subfont-autoscale 1 -subfont-text-scale 5 -subcp ISO-8859-1 -subpos 100 -contrast 0 -brightness 20 -hue 0 -saturation 0 -nocache -osdlevel 0 -vf-add screenshot -channels 2 -af volnorm=2,scaletempo -sws 9 C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/user1/Desktop/ns/1.avi

MPlayer Sherpya-SVN-r26446-4.2.3 (C) 2000-2008 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel Celeron 2/Pentium III Coppermine,Geyserville (Family: 6, Model: 8, Stepping: 3)
CPUflags: MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 0
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE
Setting process priority: abovenormal

Playing C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/user1/Desktop/ns/1.avi.
AVI file format detected.
ID_VIDEO_ID=0
[aviheader] Video stream found, -vid 0
ID_AUDIO_ID=1
[aviheader] Audio stream found, -aid 1
VIDEO: [DIVX] 320x240 24bpp 30.000 fps 242.6 kbps (29.6 kbyte/s)
Clip info:
Software: Lavf50.5.0
ID_CLIP_INFO_NAME0=Software
ID_CLIP_INFO_VALUE0=Lavf50.5.0
ID_CLIP_INFO_N=1
ID_FILENAME=C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/user1/Desktop/ns/1.avi
ID_DEMUXER=avi
ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=DIVX
ID_VIDEO_BITRATE=242624
ID_VIDEO_WIDTH=320
ID_VIDEO_HEIGHT=240
ID_VIDEO_FPS=30.000
ID_VIDEO_ASPECT=0.0000
ID_AUDIO_FORMAT=85
ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=65336
ID_AUDIO_RATE=0
ID_AUDIO_NCH=0
ID_LENGTH=118.33
ID_SEEKABLE=1
Opening video filter: [screenshot]
==========================================================================
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
Selected video codec: [ffodivx] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG-4)
ID_VIDEO_CODEC=ffodivx
Opening audio decoder: [mp3lib] MPEG layer-2, layer-3
AUDIO: 22050 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 8.0 kbit/1.13% (ratio: 1000->88200)
ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=8000
ID_AUDIO_RATE=22050
ID_AUDIO_NCH=2
Selected audio codec: [mp3] afm: mp3lib (mp3lib MPEG layer-2, layer-3)
AO: [dsound] 22050Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
ID_AUDIO_CODEC=mp3
Starting playback...
VDec: vo config request - 320 x 240 (preferred colorspace: Planar YV12)
Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
Opening video filter: [scale]
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is 1.33:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
ID_VIDEO_ASPECT=1.3333
SwScaler: reducing / aligning filtersize 1 -> 4
SwScaler: reducing / aligning filtersize 1 -> 4
SwScaler: reducing / aligning filtersize 1 -> 1
SwScaler: reducing / aligning filtersize 7 -> 6
[swscaler @ 0pe0923c]Lanczos scaler, from yuv420p to yuyv422 using MMX2
[swscaler @ 0pe0923c]using 4-tap MMX scaler for horizontal luminance scaling
[swscaler @ 0pe0923c]using 4-tap MMX scaler for horizontal chrominance scaling
[swscaler @ 0pe0923c]using n-tap MMX scaler for vertical scaling (BGR)
[swscaler @ 0pe0923c]320x240 -> 320x240
VO: [directx] 320x240 => 320x240 Packed YUY2 [zoom]
ID_AUDIO_TRACK=1

LoRd_MuldeR
2nd May 2008, 17:02

Enter "scale" (exactly) in the "Video Filters:" editbox at Preferences -> Advanced -> Options for MPlayer and try again...

tomic
2nd May 2008, 18:09
Enter "scale" (exactly) in the "Video Filters:" editbox at Preferences -> Advanced -> Options for MPlayer and try again...

i entered but still doesn't work

rvm
2nd May 2008, 22:58
In version 0.6.0rc4, smplayer automatically adds the scale filter, but only if using gl, gl2 or directx:noaccel (it didn't seem necessary for directx...)

So try for instance gl2 instead, and see if it works.

cyberbeing
3rd May 2008, 00:45
How does SMPlayer deal with scaling?

If I set -sws 9 under Advanced>Options for Mplayer>Options will it get automatically used? If so, what is the SMPlayer Video filter software scaling for (redundant?)? If not then I assume it does some sort of hardware scaling by default?

If I didn't set -sws 9 in the SMPlayer MPlayer options, what scaling method would it use when the software scaling video filter is selected?

Also is there some inherent advantage of why you would want to use gl2 over gl? gl2 seems to be missing a lot of the options from gl. Would gl:yuv=3:cscale=1:lscale=1 give better quality then gl2:yuv=3 which doesn't have the cscale and lscale options?

rvm
3rd May 2008, 01:01
How does SMPlayer deal with scaling?

If I set -sws 9 under Advanced>Options for Mplayer>Options will it get automatically used? If so, what is the SMPlayer Video filter software scaling for (redundant?)?

Video->Filters->Software scaling. You don't need to use -sws 9, smplayer already does when you select this option.

If not then I assume it does some sort of hardware scaling by default?

Yes by default it uses hardware scaling. In my case, with a nvidia card the result is very good, I can't see any difference compared to software scaling.

If I didn't set -sws 9 in the SMPlayer MPlayer options, what scaling method would it use when the software scaling video filter is selected?

smplayer already uses the -sws 9 option, but if you use mplayer alone, the default scaling method (according to the mplayer manpage) is bicubic (-sws 2).

cyberbeing
3rd May 2008, 01:09
Thank you rvm, just the answers I was looking for.

Do you have any insight about the gl vs gl2 question that I edited in my previous post at the last minute?

rvm
3rd May 2008, 01:24
About gl vs gl2 I'm afraid the only thing I can say is what the mplayer manpage (http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/man/en/mplayer.1.html#VIDEO OUTPUT DRIVERS (MPLAYER ONLY)) says:

gl

OpenGL video output driver, simple version. Video size must be smaller than the maximum texture size of your OpenGL implementation. Intended to work even with the most basic OpenGL implementations, but also makes use of newer extensions, which allow support for more colorspaces and direct rendering.

gl2

OpenGL video output driver, second generation. Supports OSD and videos larger than the maximum texture size.

tomic
3rd May 2008, 07:21
In version 0.6.0rc4, smplayer automatically adds the scale filter, but only if using gl, gl2 or directx:noaccel (it didn't seem necessary for directx...)

So try for instance gl2 instead, and see if it works.

:) now it works...thx for the player :thanks:

Reimar
3rd May 2008, 10:34
gl2

OpenGL video output driver, second generation. Supports OSD and videos larger than the maximum texture size.

Ui, I never realized it was so confusing. I updated it to say:

Variant of the OpenGL video output driver.
Supports videos larger than the maximum texture size but lacks many of the
advanced features and optimizations of the gl driver and is unlikely to be
extended further.

cyberbeing
3rd May 2008, 21:33
Variant of the OpenGL video output driver.
Supports videos larger than the maximum texture size but lacks many of the advanced features and optimizations of the gl driver and is unlikely to be extended further.

Thanks Reimar, that is a bit more clear. When I read second generation in the original description I was thinking that gl2 was all around better and designed as a replacement for gl for hardware with more advanced opengl capabilities or something. From the updated description I gather gl2 was built as multi-texture opengl renderer because gl couldn't exceed the maximum texture size but it's purpose was more of a complement rather then a replacement for gl for people who needed that functionality.

Reimar
4th May 2008, 08:37
As far as I know, gl2 was originally intended to replace gl, and gl had even less features than gl2 when I started working on MPlayer. But the multi-texture support makes the gl2 code a mess so I did hardly any work on it, and thus gl is now again far ahead of gl2.

LoRd_MuldeR
7th May 2008, 02:21
@rvm:
Just want to mention that I just updated my Qt libs to v4.4.0 and they seem to work fine with SMPlayer :)

petran79
7th May 2008, 11:13
there is a problem and I dont know if it has to do with my OS or is MPlayer specific (more the former I think).

When I open a file that includes Unicode characters (eg. German, Spanish, French vowels) or non-Latin characters (Japanese, Russian, Arabic) while in the Regional Settings I have not selected this language as the default, Mplayer says the file is not found. The non-Latin characters appear in the log as ??????????.avi while in WIndows Explorer they appear correctly. Also the latin characters with the vowels appear correctly but in the log they're not found either.

Other players do not have that problem. Windows and Unicode is really a mess.

Reimar
7th May 2008, 11:40
When I open a file that includes Unicode characters

See
http://bugzilla.mplayerhq.hu/show_bug.cgi?id=955
I also do not know how a fix for that would affect support for Windows 95/98 (nor do I know how many users of those we have, though at least I still have a PC with Win 98).

rvm
7th May 2008, 12:19
smplayer provides a work-around for this problem: Preferences->Advanced->Pass short filenames to mplayer.

This way mplayer will be able to open these files.

petran79
8th May 2008, 08:45
thanks for the answer.

I use Windows XP and not 98. In 98 it would work without problems I think :p

LoRd_MuldeR
8th May 2008, 12:54
smplayer provides a work-around for this problem: Preferences->Advanced->Pass short filenames to mplayer.

Is there any drawback on that option or is it safe to use it as default?

rvm
8th May 2008, 22:25
Is there any drawback on that option or is it safe to use it as default?

The filename could appear in some places in the short filename format.

Just want to mention that I just updated my Qt libs to v4.4.0 and they seem to work fine with SMPlayer :)

At least it seems there's a minor problem: the logo isn't shown on startup. (In linux the problem seems to be more important: http://smplayer.berlios.de/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=1889#p1889)

ericab
8th May 2008, 23:12
hi im new to this forum, but have been reading it for many years...
thanks for the amazing infos...

anyway.
ive been having a problem with sm/mplayer for some time now. this is the error log i get when trying to run an .mkv in smplayer (which works perfectly fine in MPC & VLC):

Trying to force audio codec driver family hwac3...
Opening audio decoder: [hwac3] AC3/DTS pass-through S/PDIF
hwac3: switched to AC3, 448000 bps, 48000 Hz
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, ac3, 448.0 kbit/29.17% (ratio: 56000->192000)
ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=448000
ID_AUDIO_RATE=48000
ID_AUDIO_NCH=2
Selected audio codec: [hwac3] afm: hwac3 (AC3 through S/PDIF)
No accelerated IMDCT transform found
[format] Sample format big-endian AC3 not yet supported
Error at audio filter chain pre-init!

Exiting... (Fatal error)

why wont it bit-stream to my receiver ???
thanks,
eric

*EDIT*
btw im using:
Version: 0.6.0rc4+SVN-r1227
Compiled with Qt 4.3.2
Using MPlayer SVN r26446

LoRd_MuldeR
8th May 2008, 23:36
The filename could appear in some places in the short filename format.

I see. However I now enabled that option by default to avoid trouble with unicode filenames.

At least it seems there's a minor problem: the logo isn't shown on startup.

Confirmed :o

bonanza
9th May 2008, 18:06
Is there an option for prefering special decoders like coreavc or ac3filter ?

LoRd_MuldeR
9th May 2008, 19:39
Is there an option for prefering special decoders like coreavc or ac3filter ?

You can at least force MPlayer to use a certain decoder/splitter for a specific file.
See the "Demuxer", "Video Codec" and "Audio Codec" tabs in the "File Properties" dialog.

Of course you can always do it manually with MPlayer commandline options.
Goto "Advanced" -> "Options for MPlayer" in SMPlayer's "Preferences" dialog and add the required params.

For example the following options will enforce the "AC3/DTS Passthrough" audio codecs:
-ac hwac3,hwdts,

Don't forget the trailing , in order to allow MPlayer to fallback to other codecs...

ericab
9th May 2008, 21:17
still a no go. i get this:

Trying to force audio codec driver family hwac3...
Opening audio decoder: [hwac3] AC3/DTS pass-through S/PDIF
hwac3: switched to DTS, 1536000 bps, 48000 Hz
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, ac3, 1536.0 kbit/100.00% (ratio: 192000->192000)
ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=1536000
ID_AUDIO_RATE=48000
ID_AUDIO_NCH=2
Selected audio codec: [hwdts] afm: hwac3 (DTS through S/PDIF)
Couldn't find audio filter '-ac hwac3'
[libaf] Couldn't create or open audio filter '-ac hwac3'

Exiting... (Fatal error)

LoRd_MuldeR
9th May 2008, 22:13
@ericab:
What exactly do you want to do? And please post your complete commandline!

rvm
9th May 2008, 22:38
I think ericab copied "-ac hwac3" to the audio filter field, but it has to be in the options field above.

LoRd_MuldeR
9th May 2008, 22:51
I think ericab copied "-ac hwac3" to the audio filter field, but it has to be in the options field above.

Or he forgot to add the trailing , to allow fallback to other audio codecs.
However he simply could have checked the "AC3/DTS pass-through S/PDIF" option under General/Audio preferences :p

My example above was intended to show how audio/video codecs can be enforced manually...

ericab
9th May 2008, 23:54
@rvm,

oops youre correct, i put it in the incorrect field :P

@MuldeR

now i see you can force the codec this way; but....
i have checked the "AC3/DTS pass-through S/PDIF" option under General/Audio preferences all along before you suggested forcing it in the options field with -ac hwac3,hwdts,
but it still wont bitstream out to my receiver. the file is an MKV, and it works just fine in VLC, MPC, KMPlayer, & ZoomPlayer, however s/mplayer wont give me spdif out... im using the latest SVN...

**edit**
this is whats stopping it from bitstreaming...
what do i do?:

[format] Sample format big-endian AC3 not yet supported

LoRd_MuldeR
10th May 2008, 15:05
I noticed an issue when GL renderer is used: You can't drag in files into the SMPlayer window any more!
To be more precise: You can still drag them on the menubar or the statusbar, but not on the video area.

I think this can be a result of the way the GL renderer is now embedded into the host application...

Reimar
10th May 2008, 16:28
I noticed an issue when GL renderer is used: You can't drag in files into the SMPlayer window any more!
To be more precise: You can still drag them on the menubar or the statusbar, but not on the video area.

I think this can be a result of the way the GL renderer is now embedded into the host application...

Yes, because the window where the video is shown is now MPlayer's window. I do not see any really acceptable solution to this problem.

LoRd_MuldeR
10th May 2008, 19:54
Yes, because the window where the video is shown is now MPlayer's window. I do not see any really acceptable solution to this problem.

Can't the messages be simply forwarded to the host application's window?

Reimar
11th May 2008, 10:32
Can't the messages be simply forwarded to the host application's window?

That part would be no problem, the problem that the window would need to be set to accept files, but there seems to be no way to find out if the parent window accepts dropped files or not, so either it is broken for all application accepting dropped files, it is broken for all not doing so, or there would have to be a Windows, OpenGL vo-specific option for it.
None of these really seem acceptable to me (and now you may all guess why as a programmer I _hate_ Windows).

LoRd_MuldeR
11th May 2008, 12:47
Why not always accept files and forward the messages?

If the host application doesn't want to accept files, it will simply discard those message in it's message loop...

Reimar
11th May 2008, 14:57
Why not always accept files and forward the messages?

Because the mouse cursor will the look like the application will accept files even when it does not.

If the host application doesn't want to accept files, it will simply discard those message in it's message loop...

As I understand those functions, simply discarding would be bad since that would case a memory leak each time.

LoRd_MuldeR
12th May 2008, 22:54
Because the mouse cursor will the look like the application will accept files even when it does not.

IMHO it's better to have a "wrong" cursor icon in some applications, than breaking functionality in others...

As I understand those functions, simply discarding would be bad since that would case a memory leak each time.

Do you really need to free any memory if DragQueryFile() was never called? :confused:

Clobon
12th May 2008, 23:39
Hi,

I don't know if this has been disussed earlier:

the option General/Audio/Change volume just before playing doesn't seem to work for me...

If I tick YES it just comes up with an errormessage with the following errorlog:

C:/Programme/MPlayer for Windows/MPlayer.exe -noquiet -nofs -sub-fuzziness 1 -identify -slave -vo directx -ao dsound -zoom -nokeepaspect -priority abovenormal -framedrop -wid 5113170 -colorkey 0x020202 -monitorpixelaspect 1 -subfont-autoscale 1 -subfont-text-scale 5 -subcp ISO-8859-1 -aid 1 -subpos 100 -contrast 0 -brightness -100 -hue 0 -saturation 0 -volume 72 -nocache -ss 59 -osdlevel 0 -vf-add screenshot -channels 4 -af scaletempo -sws 9 -loop 0 H:\somefiledude.AVI

MPlayer Sherpya-SVN-r26446-4.2.3 (C) 2000-2008 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz (Family: 6, Model: 15, Stepping: 11)
CPUflags: MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2
Unknown option on the command line: -volume
Error parsing option on the command line: -volume

I'd like to use it because the standard seems to be: put audio to 100%, wait a second and then put it to the desired level
(which actually annoys the hell out of me). If I turn it of it plays fine.

BTW: I'm using Mulders package MPlayer for Windows (2008-05-08).

Thanks anyway for this awesome frontend.

HF, Clobon

LoRd_MuldeR
12th May 2008, 23:50
The MPlayer builds included in my package (Sherpya) don't support the "-volume" switch, because that option isn't officially supported by MPlayer yet. It's only available via patch. I have already added a feature request to add the "-volume" patch to Sherpya's next builds, but no answer so far...

rvm
14th May 2008, 02:08
Version 0.6.0 final

Most important changes since 0.6.0rc4:

* (Bugfix) Two mplayer processes were run when opening a file. This could even make Aero in Windows Vista to be disabled.
* Seeking with the time slider works much better.
* Now it's possible to add directories recursively to the playlist.
* Added a preferences dialog for the playlist.
* The right mouse button can be configured.
* (Linux) File managers should now display an option to enqueue files in the smplayer playlist.
* (Fix) The playlist was shown for a small moment on startup. This caused problems if using compiz, as the window might not hide.
* Fix for Qt 4.4, the logo didn't show.
* Some translations have been updated (Simplified-Chinese, Italian, Ukrainian, Dutch, French, Romanian, Portuguese, Polish, Russian, Japanese, Spanish and German)
* Now the file Install.txt contains updated info about how to compile and install smplayer.

Downloads: http://smplayer.berlios.de/downloads.php

RNiK
14th May 2008, 10:18
Thanks a lot! Great player! :cool:

vio_man
17th May 2008, 17:43
There's something wrong with real time seek. I've tried to seek inside within a VOB video and it doesn't really seeks. Cursor jumps to the selected time frame but the video is not from that time :confused:

LoRd_MuldeR
17th May 2008, 20:52
Yes, the seekbar appears to be broken for VOB files indeed!

The same applies for Video DVD's when playing from "physical" disc, not from Image file:
You move the slider to some position in the last third of the movie, but you end up somewhere else (usually near the beginning) ...

I guess those are problems in MPlayer, not SMPlayer itself...

Yong
17th May 2008, 21:18
@rvm: How do you compile mplayer with freetype?
i cant compile it unless disable freetype. it seems msys/mingw, or mplayer cant find the freetype2 directory during compiling, but not during configure.

and libac3 decoding still crash for me, your compile is working fine:confused:

ericab
18th May 2008, 05:15
i cant compile it unless disable freetype. it seems msys/mingw, or mplayer cant find the freetype2 directory during compiling, but not during configure.

im with ya yong;

i still to this day cant bitstream out to my reciever, and nobody has an answer. :eek:

rvm
18th May 2008, 17:55

My notes, with the packages I used and the options to compile them:

http://smplayer.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/smplayer/mplayer-builds/compiling_mplayer_mingw_with_fontconfig.txt

http://smplayer.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/smplayer/mplayer-builds/compiling_mplayer_mingw_additional_packages.txt

rvm
20th May 2008, 01:22
There's something wrong with real time seek. I've tried to seek inside within a VOB video and it doesn't really seeks. Cursor jumps to the selected time frame but the video is not from that time :confused:

If you've got a dvdrip (not only vob files but also the ifo files and so on) it would be better you use the option "Open->DVD from folder" and then select the folder with the *.vob files.

LoRd_MuldeR
20th May 2008, 01:33
If you've got a dvdrip (not only vob files but also the ifo files and so on) it would be better you use the option "Open->DVD from folder" and then select the folder with the *.vob files.

Yes. But DVD playback from "physical" disc (disc in the DVD drive) breaks seeking for some reason :(

Seeking works 100% fine, when I play the DVD from Folder on my HDD or when I play a DVD image from ISO file.
But when playing from a "real" disc, then seeking causes a huge delay and you end up at some random location.

LoRd_MuldeR
20th May 2008, 02:49
@rvm:
I think I found a bug in SMPlayer: While and after playing a web-stream, the "Open File" dialog doesn't work any more :o
Only way to make it work again loading a local file via drag & drop. Even restarting SMPlayer won't fix it.

My assumption: The open dialog tries to open the folder where the last played file is located, which isn't possible for URLs.

Tested with SMPlayer r1266 under Windows and using Qt 4.4.0

ericab
20th May 2008, 03:15
@rvm
i think i found a bug in SMPlayer: dts or ac3 wont bitstream out

@MeGui
20th May 2008, 03:19
I have Q about supporting Streamzap PC Remote (http://www.streamzap.com/), can be done?

Tnx in advannce :)

rvm
20th May 2008, 09:18
My assumption: The open dialog tries to open the folder where the last played file is located, which isn't possible for URLs.

Yes that's the problem (although strangely the "open dialog" works for me, even with Qt 4.4.)

I hope this is fixed in r1271.

rvm
20th May 2008, 09:21
@rvm
i think i found a bug in SMPlayer: dts or ac3 wont bitstream out

Did you try a different (maybe older) mplayer build?
It seems some versions crash.

LoRd_MuldeR
21st May 2008, 04:54
Yes that's the problem (although strangely the "open dialog" works for me, even with Qt 4.4.)

I hope this is fixed in r1271.

Thanks for the quick fix :)

LoRd_MuldeR
21st May 2008, 17:31
Found another problem: Apparently "Help > FAQ" doesn't work. Nothing happens.
Tested with SMPlayer r1271 + WindowsXP + Qt 4.4.0

Here is what I captured via ProcessMonitor when clicking the "FAQ" button:
21847 18:27:00,7565680 smplayer_portable.exe 1648 QueryOpen C:\Program Files (x86)\MPlayer for Windows\docs\en_US\faq.html PATH NOT FOUND
21849 18:27:00,7771265 smplayer_portable.exe 1648 QueryOpen C:\Program Files (x86)\MPlayer for Windows\docs\en\faq.html SUCCESS
21868 18:27:00,8483185 smplayer_portable.exe 1648 QueryOpen C:\Program Files (x86)\MPlayer for Windows SUCCESS
21869 18:27:00,8491689 smplayer_portable.exe 1648 QueryOpen C:\Program%20Files%20(x86)\MPlayer%20for%20Windows\docs\en\faq.html PATH NOT FOUND
22963 18:27:00,9774011 smplayer_portable.exe 1648 QueryOpen C:\Program%20Files%20(x86)\MPlayer%20for%20Windows\docs\en\faq.html PATH NOT FOUND

rvm
22nd May 2008, 12:29
Found another problem: Apparently "Help > FAQ" doesn't work. Nothing happens.
Tested with SMPlayer r1271 + WindowsXP + Qt 4.4.0

It seems to happen with Qt 4.4.
I think the problem is fixed now in r1278 (ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/smplayer/windows/smplayer_update_svn_r1278.7z).

Yong
22nd May 2008, 18:17
My notes, with the packages I used and the options to compile them:

http://smplayer.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/smplayer/mplayer-builds/compiling_mplayer_mingw_with_fontconfig.txt

http://smplayer.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/smplayer/mplayer-builds/compiling_mplayer_mingw_additional_packages.txt
your mplayer build is r26450,
while im using r26794, i believe the recent changes on the make system breaks the freetype compiling.
now newer revs only can use "mingw32-make", instead of "make":confused:

its too hard for me to fix it:eek:

unskinnyboy
23rd May 2008, 04:53
Ya know, running MPlayer.exe manually, and also trying with MPUI both work, but I noticed something. When these playback, it disables my Windows Vista Aero color scheme and switches it to Basic.

I think this because MPlayer uses the Overlay Renderer for video output.
From what I know, the Overlay Renderer doesn't work with Vista's "Aero" 3D User Interface.
So Vista will disable Aero for backward compatibility, as soon as Overlay is in use.
It seems for some reason that doesn't happen in SMPlayer ....

Did you try the OpenGL renderer instead of DirectX?I also have a Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family display adapter and am experiencing the same issue as EpheMeroN and have the same question he had:

Where's this OpenGL option located?

Does it have to be passed as an option to MPlayer? -gl?

Using SMPlayer SVN v1247.

rvm
23rd May 2008, 10:14

Using SMPlayer SVN v1247.

In smplayer you can select the video driver in Preferences->General.

For MPUI you need to pass -vo gl to mplayer.

LoRd_MuldeR
23rd May 2008, 12:52
The front-end (e.g. MPUI or SMPlayer) will pass it to MPlayer. Passing it to the front-end won't do anything.
In SMPlayer set "Output Drivers > Video" to "gl:yuv=2", in MPUI add "-vo gl:yuv=2" to the "Additional MPlayer Parameters:" edit field.

In case you run MPlayer manually from the commandline, do it like this:
MPlayer.exe -vo gl:yuv=2 -dr -noslices "C:\My Videos\Foo.avi"

unskinnyboy
23rd May 2008, 13:13
The front-end (e.g. MPUI or SMPlayer) will pass it to MPlayer. Passing it to the front-end won't do anything.
In SMPlayer set "Output Drivers > Video" to "gl:yuv=2", in MPUI add "-vo gl:yuv=2" to the "Additional MPlayer Parameters:" edit field.Thanks. Although the drop-down only had a gl:yuv=3, I was able to manually change the yuv parm from 3 to 2. But either 3, 2 or 4 seems OK to me. Just a gl played too jerky. I sometimes have a problem with jerky playback on 1080p material, so I'm hoping this will fix it too.

LoRd_MuldeR
23rd May 2008, 14:19
Thanks. Although the drop-down only had a gl:yuv=3, I was able to manually change the yuv parm from 3 to 2. But either 3, 2 or 4 seems OK to me. Just a gl played too jerky. I sometimes have a problem with jerky playback on 1080p material, so I'm hoping this will fix it too.

Try Yong's build of MPlayer from here, which already includes the latest GL fixes:
http://y0ngc6.googlepages.com/Mplayer-r26853.7z

And add this to "Additional MPlayer Parameters:" in MPUI:
-vo gl:yuv=2:force-pbo:ati-hack -dr -noslices

I couldn't get that build to work with SMPlayer though...

Yong
24th May 2008, 06:52
@LoRd_MuldeR
my build dont have freetype, so other freetype-related stuff were also disabled, eg fontconfig/libass. i did mentioned about my build problems :p
"-subfont-autoscale" only work if has freetype and fontconfig enable when compiling, while SMplayer has that option enabled by default, i dont know how to remove that command on SMplayer though :p

i think i will report the problem to mplayer team.

too bad celtic druid/serphya still does not have any updated mplayer build :(

rvm
24th May 2008, 10:23
I've just compiled mplayer svn r26865 (http://downloads.sourceforge.net/smplayer/mplayer-r26865-mingw.7z) (no problem with freetype).

LoRd_MuldeR
24th May 2008, 14:52
too bad celtic druid/serphya still does not have any updated mplayer build :(
I wrote a mail to Sherpya two days ago and asked for an update, but no reply so far...

LoRd_MuldeR
24th May 2008, 14:58
I've just compiled mplayer svn r26865 (http://downloads.sourceforge.net/smplayer/mplayer-r26865-mingw.7z) (no problem with freetype).

Ah, that one works fine with "gl:yuv=2:force-pbo:ati-hack", performance looks really good :thanks:
I can now play HD content using the GL renderer :)

// EDIT

After further testing I noticed that it's the "force-pbo" sub-option that boosts performance on my Radeon 19650XT a lot.
The "ati-hack" option doesn't seem to have any noticeable effect, although it's an ATI card...

// EDITē

Another observation: Direct Rendering kills performance on DVD playback! Works fine when I disable Direct Rendering ...

LoRd_MuldeR
25th May 2008, 00:29
Feature request for SMPlayer:
Add "gl:yuv=2:force-pbo:ati-hack" to the list of video output drivers. Maybe clean-up some other "gl" entries...

rvm
30th May 2008, 02:53
Version 0.6.1

Most important changes since 0.6.0 final:

* Now compact mode resizes the window, instead of leaving black borders.
* Added an option in Preferences->Interface which allows the user to select his/her preferred GUI. This way it's easier to use the mini GUI, for those who prefer a simpler interface with few buttons.
* One more fix for Qt 4.4. The option FAQ in the Help menu didn't work.
* (Windows) Fix: zoom didn't work well (black blocks appeared) if using directx.
* Added the Catalan translation.

Another change, which I couldn't test, is that now smplayer will try to use by default gl in Windows Vista instead of directx. (This affects only new users. If you already used smplayer and want to test, delete smplayer.ini)

Reimar
31st May 2008, 11:02
Another change, which I couldn't test, is that now smplayer will try to use by default gl in Windows Vista instead of directx. (This affects only new users. If you already used smplayer and want to test, delete smplayer.ini)

Works, though since it is just -vo gl without special options it is very slow. This is made worse by the fact that at least the NVidia Vista drivers seem to have massive problems with vsync (at least with the method that MPlayer uses): it causes an additional 10% of "System" CPU usage (the red thing in the task manager). Surprisingly, this is also when Aero is disabled, for which I see no logical reason.
Adding swapinterval=0 helps, and at least with Aero enabled should have no bad effects, so for that case I would suggest trying: -vo gl:yuv=2:force-pbo:ati-hack:swapinterval=0 -dr -noslices

LoRd_MuldeR
31st May 2008, 12:45
I think using "-dr" by default is problematic in some way.
It works fine with my HD trailers, but it decreases performance drastically for DVD playback! :confused:
This is reported on WinXP x64 with ATI hardware...

Reimar
31st May 2008, 14:15
I think using "-dr" by default is problematic in some way.
It works fine with my HD trailers, but it decreases performance drastically for DVD playback! :confused:
This is reported on WinXP x64 with ATI hardware...

If you use "-dr" you _must_ use "-noslices". But it does not make much of a difference currently, so feel free to not use it if you think it gives trouble.

LoRd_MuldeR
31st May 2008, 14:30
If you use "-dr" you _must_ use "-noslices". But it does not make much of a difference currently, so feel free to not use it if you think it gives trouble.

Yes, I use both of them. I always use "-noslices", but adding "-dr" definitely makes DVD sources unwatchable here.
When playing HD sources, I cannot see much difference between "-dr" and not using "-dr" for some reason...

Gusar
31st May 2008, 16:48
"ati-hack" and "-dr" don't work together for DVDs here. But since I have a Nvidia card, I don't use ati-hack, just "-vo gl:yuv=2:force-pbo -dr -noslices" and it works great for all sorts of video, including DVDs.

rvm
31st May 2008, 23:13
Adding swapinterval=0 helps, and at least with Aero enabled should have no bad effects, so for that case I would suggest trying: -vo gl:yuv=2:force-pbo:ati-hack:swapinterval=0 -dr -noslices

Thanks for the suggestion.

Although in my case, with a nvidia card (FX 5500), if I use -noslices I got a very jerky playback.

Clobon
3rd June 2008, 01:28
Hi,

for convenience I had the equalizer assigned to mbutton 3.
In recent builds that won't work anymore (I'm using LoRd_MuldeRs
package btw). In the build before the (2008-06-01) the equalizer
would appear when pushing the mb but wouldn't disappear
when pushing the mb again. Now (with the MPlayer for
Windows (2008-06-01) package) nothing happens.

Can anyone reproduce this? Or did I mess something up??

HF, Clobon

LoRd_MuldeR
3rd June 2008, 01:48
I can configure SMPlayer to show the equalizer when MouseButton3 (Wheel on my Mouse) is pressed down.
Tested with SMPlayer version 0.6.1+SVN-r1327 ...

Clobon
3rd June 2008, 02:01
HiI can configure SMPlayer to show the equalizer when MouseButton3 (Wheel on my Mouse) is pressed down.
Tested with SMPlayer version 0.6.1+SVN-r1327 ...

MB3 on my mouse is at the side. MWheelbutton is NR2 and configured by default for mute
which I use frequently. Anyhow it should work either and did until now.

Confirmed, it works with the MWheelbutton.
But it would be nice if the sidebutton would work again.

HF, Clobon

PS: The mouse is a Logitech G9 Laser

rvm
3rd June 2008, 02:32
Maybe your side buttons are producing horizontal wheel events. These events are ignored since svn r1232.

If you move the mouse wheel, does it activate the action you configured for MB3 by any chance?

Clobon
3rd June 2008, 02:55
HiMaybe your side buttons are producing horizontal wheel events. These events are ignored since svn r1232.

If you move the mouse wheel, does it activate the action you configured for MB3 by any chance?

Nopes, it controls volume... Default is media seeking but I always
use the MWheel for volume control. I wish that would be the default.

The MWheel is a 4 way wheel so the horizontal wheel events
are triggered by the wheel itself and not by the sidebuttons.

The bottuns are numbered like this:
LeftMB=0
RightMB=1
MiddleMB(Wheel)=2
Sidebutton1=3
Sidebutton2=4

HF, Clobon

rvm
3rd June 2008, 03:02
Ok, do you know the last version of smplayer on which the MB3 worked for you? (appears in Help->About smplayer)

Clobon
3rd June 2008, 03:34
Hi,

unfortunately I don't have the old packages anymore.
In SVN-r1321 nothing happens. In SVN-r1299 the
equalizer appeared on MB3 but didn't disappear when
pushing the MB3 again.

And afair in SVN-r1293 it worked fine but I can't say for
sure. I'm really sorry for being that vague. *gomenasai*

Under preferences/keyboard and mouse/mouse all buttons
that can be programmed are shown so I take it smplayer
recognises them. It wouldn't let me assign a function to
a mouse button it doesn't recognise, would it?

HF, Clobon

rvm
3rd June 2008, 07:52
Hi,

unfortunately I don't have the old packages anymore.
In SVN-r1321 nothing happens. In SVN-r1299 the
equalizer appeared on MB3 but didn't disappear when
pushing the MB3 again.

Ok, I'll see what has changed between r1299 and r1321.

Under preferences/keyboard and mouse/mouse all buttons
that can be programmed are shown so I take it smplayer
recognises them. It wouldn't let me assign a function to
a mouse button it doesn't recognise, would it?

I'm afraid smplayer doesn't check for the mouse buttons (I don't know if that can be done with Qt). So yes, you can assing a function to a button your mouse even may not have.

rvm
3rd June 2008, 08:21
Well, between versions r1299 and r1321 nothing related to the mouse buttons has changed.

The only thing that has changed which may have an effect on it, is the version of the Qt libraries. In my package I upgraded Qt from 4.3.2 to 4.3.5, while LoRd_MuldeR's packages I think now include 4.4.0.

Qt 4.4.0 introduced a lot of important changes, and it's quite possible that it could have broken several things in smplayer (at least two issues were detected and fixed until now).

Did you test my package? (smplayer_0.6.1_setup.exe (http://prdownload.berlios.de/smplayer/smplayer_0.6.1_setup.exe))

Clobon
3rd June 2008, 11:42
Hi,Did you test my package?
just did, same effect. Nothing happens when I assign the equalizer to MB3.
LeftMB or MiddleMB do fine. I didn't change anything related to the mouse...
No new driver and I didn't mess with any preferences either.

Thanks so far. HF, Clobon

rvm
4th June 2008, 10:37
You'll find here (ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/smplayer/windows/) some old versions, from r1202 to r1341. Could you test them until you find the one where your MB3 stops to work?

LoRd_MuldeR
18th June 2008, 18:06
I've got a question: Is there a way to hack the "smplayer.ini" in order to embed SMPlayer's playlist window into the main window?
Apparently embedding the playlist only changes some bytes in "toolbars_state", but that's a pretty long array. So I don't want to (over)write it as a whole.

Note: I ask, because I want to change the initial layout right after install. So I'm looking for a method that's safe for future versions...

rvm
18th June 2008, 19:11
That array is generated by Qt (QMainWindow::saveState) and it seems to be some internal data. Also the structure of the array might change in future versions, so I don't know if it would be safe to modify it. But I'm afraid there's no other way.

LoRd_MuldeR
18th June 2008, 19:18
That array is generated by Qt (QMainWindow::saveState) and it seems to be some internal data. Also the structure of the array might change in future versions, so I don't know if it would be safe to modify it. But I'm afraid there's no other way.

I see. Thanks for info! So I can forget about this...

avih
18th June 2008, 19:37
I see. Thanks for info! So I can forget about this...
Actually, you can modify it, to a degree. Before you change that array, make sure it's the one you already know (crc32 comes to mind). If it's a match, change it, if not, let it be. It will at least work for the versions you know.

Reimar
18th June 2008, 20:56

If it wasn't safe to modify, anyone who updates smplayer without deleting the .ini file would be in trouble, too...
And I can't resist to also say: please do not misuse CRCs. They are only to check against low probablility errors/noise, and not really suitable for anything else (not to mention that I can't see it help in this case anyway, even if the default value has stayed the same, the value for "embedded playlist" might still have changed).

LoRd_MuldeR
18th June 2008, 21:53
Well, I think I'll simply keep it as-is, unless a better solution is available. Maybe a separate option or a new commandline switch can be added?

rvm
19th June 2008, 08:27
If it wasn't safe to modify, anyone who updates smplayer without deleting the .ini file would be in trouble, too...

Actually some people reported the playlist not showing after an update. The only solution was to delete the toolbars_state entry in the config file.

Well, I think I'll simply keep it as-is, unless a better solution is available. Maybe a separate option or a new commandline switch can be added?

Yes, I think this can be done.

LoRd_MuldeR
21st June 2008, 13:31
I have to report a problem with SMPlayer that bothers me for some time now:

When I play an audio-only file first and then play a video file, MPlayer will crash! Then I press the "play" button again and it works :confused:
This is 100% reproducible, but only with OpenGL renderer. It does not happen with DirectX renderer.
Furthermore I cannot reproduce the crash with MPUI, even when using the GL renderer and when switching between audio-only and video files.

I have compared the commandlines:
There is no difference! So the same commandline, that works 100% fine in the second attempt, crashes in the first attempt (after an audio only file).

This was tested with SMPlayer v0.6.1+SVN-r1441, but can be reproduces with previous revisions. Also I use MPlayer Sherpya-SVN-r27081.
I'm on Windos XP Professional x64 Edition, using an ATI card with latest Catalyst drivers.

Here is what I get on the log:
http://pastebin.org/45103

Second attempt, same commandline:
http://pastebin.org/45104

Any ideas ???

My idea is that SMPlayer hides the video panel for the audio-only file. Then I play the video file, but initially the video panel is still hidden.
Somehow the GL renderer doesn't like that and crashes. Nevertheless SMPlayer recognizes that there should have been video and makes the video panel visible again.
When I try again, the video panel is already visible so everything works as expected again.

Quick and dirty workaround: Don't hide the video panel for audio-only files, just resize the SMPlayer window...

Reimar
21st June 2008, 19:57
Here is what I get on the log:
http://pastebin.org/45103

I know neither if it is enabled in your MPlayer build nor if it works in Windows, but try the following to get more useful output:
1) Make sure gdb (available from the MinGW homepage) is in your path (e.g. whatever SMPlayer uses as current directory should do it).
2) add -crash-debug to the MPlayer command-line

If it works, the MPlayer output should contain a gdb backtrace. Obviously this is most useful if you have a MPlayer version with debug info included.

LoRd_MuldeR
21st June 2008, 21:06
MPlayer Sherpya-SVN-r27081-4.2.3 (C) 2000-2008 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz (Family: 6, Model: 15, Stepping: 7)
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2
Unknown option on the command line: -crash-debug
Error parsing option on the command line: -crash-debug

:D

rvm
23rd June 2008, 08:28

From r1465 you can use -actions "dock_playlist true".

(dock_playlist false should undock the playlist but for some unknown reason is not working)

I have to report a problem with SMPlayer that bothers me for some time now:

When I play an audio-only file first and then play a video file, MPlayer will crash! Then I press the "play" button again and it works :confused:
This is 100% reproducible, but only with OpenGL renderer. It does not happen with DirectX renderer.

I can't reproduce this problem. After playing an audio file, I play a video file (using gl or gl:yuv=2:force-pbo:ati-hack) and there's no crash.

Using smplayer r1469, tested with both Qt 4.3.5 and Qt 4.4. The version of mplayer is r26865 compiled by myself.

Edit: I've just downloaded MPlayer-rtm-svn-27081.7z (http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mplayer-win32/MPlayer-rtm-svn-27081.7z). No crash either :confused:

LoRd_MuldeR
23rd June 2008, 11:41
From r1465 you can use -actions "dock_playlist true".

(dock_playlist false should undock the playlist but for some unknown reason is not working)

Thanks for that :)

I can't reproduce this problem. After playing an audio file, I play a video file (using gl or gl:yuv=2:force-pbo:ati-hack) and there's no crash.

Using smplayer r1469, tested with both Qt 4.3.5 and Qt 4.4. The version of mplayer is r26865 compiled by myself.

Edit: I've just downloaded MPlayer-rtm-svn-27081.7z (http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mplayer-win32/MPlayer-rtm-svn-27081.7z). No crash either :confused:

Hmmm, anything I can do? Are you on WinXP with ATI card and latest Catalyst too?

I just tried your "mplayer-r26865-mingw.7z" and it crashed in the same way :scared:
http://pastebin.org/45604

Maybe you can make "Hide video panel for audio-only files" optional?
In fact I can see no reason why displaying the SMPlayer logo while playing audio should be a bad thing...

rvm
24th June 2008, 08:42
Hmmm, anything I can do? Are you on WinXP with ATI card and latest Catalyst too?

Windows XP (32 bits), ATI card, and Catalyst I think it's version 8.4.

Maybe you can make "Hide video panel for audio-only files" optional?

Maybe. First try this build (ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/smplayer/windows/smplayer_svn_r1476_nohidevideowindow.7z). It doesn't hide the video window when playing audio files. Verify that it really avoids the crash.

Anyway this looks like a mplayer bug, maybe caused by something new in the ATI drivers.

LoRd_MuldeR
24th June 2008, 14:18
Maybe. First try this build (ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/smplayer/windows/smplayer_svn_r1476_nohidevideowindow.7z). It doesn't hide the video window when playing audio files. Verify that it really avoids the crash.

Yes, it definitely works :)

Can you make that a default for Win32 builds until a better solution comes around?

Anyway this looks like a mplayer bug, maybe caused by something new in the ATI drivers.

ATI and drives :rolleyes:

LoRd_MuldeR
24th June 2008, 16:13
Interesting observation:

The crash still happens when the video area is resized to zero size, e.g. when I make the playlist fill the entire SMPlayer window.
So it will be necessary to automatically resize the video area to at least 1x1 pixels before video playback starts...

BTW: Resizing the video area to zero size while the video is already playing doesn't cause a problem for some reason :confused:

ericab
25th June 2008, 04:46
very small visual feature request:

when in fullscreen;
moving the cursor down to the bottom of the screen, the play controls nicely slide up in a smooth animation....

...can we have it so it slides down in the same smooth animation too ?

rvm
25th June 2008, 09:09
Yes, it definitely works :)

Can you make that a default for Win32 builds until a better solution comes around?

Now in r1482 there's the option hide_video_window_on_audio_files for smplayer.ini. So you only need to set it to false.

On the other hand, I had to remove the action dock_playlist because it was causing a lot of troubles (even crashes) and it was difficult to properly fix it. So I'm afraid you'll need to modify the toolbars_state if you want the playlist embedded by default (or patch the source code).

rvm
25th June 2008, 09:10
...can we have it so it slides down in the same smooth animation too ?

I'll try.

LoRd_MuldeR
25th June 2008, 11:21
Now in r1482 there's the option hide_video_window_on_audio_files for smplayer.ini. So you only need to set it to false.

Okay, thanks for that :)

But there still is the problem that MPlayer will crash if the video area has zero size, e.g. when the playlist fills the entire SMPlayer window.
This has become even worse, because SMPlayer now won't resize it's window according to the video size when the playlist is visible. I think this did work before.
Even clicking "Video > Size > 100%" doesn't change the size of the SMPlayer window, when the playlist is visible. Simply nothing does happen.
So when the video area has zero size, because the playlist is visible, and you play a video, it will crash. And it will even crash at all following attempts now!
You need to either make the playlist smaller or hide it. Only then the video area becomes "visible" (size != 0x0) and MPlayer works again.

[EDIT]

To be precise, SMPlayer will sometimes resize the window to 100% size of the video. But sometimes it will resize the window to some other (smaller) size.
And sometimes it won't resize the window at all. So the video area might remain at zero size and cause MPlayer to crash on subsequent playback attempts.
I'm unable to reproduce the resizing problem reliable. It just seems to happen randomly...

On the other hand, I had to remove the action dock_playlist because it was causing a lot of troubles (even crashes) and it was difficult to properly fix it. So I'm afraid you'll need to modify the toolbars_state if you want the playlist embedded by default (or patch the source code).

Too bad, I liked that option...

JoeBG
25th June 2008, 12:12
@ rvm

You have a very nice mkv support for your player. We can see the name of the streams and all chapters. :thanks:
Unfortunatly 99% of my files are mp4 and for mp4 there is no support for chapters, streamnames and tags. It would be wonderful to have a full mp4 suport - do you plan to add something like this? :)

I still hope for the mp4 support with chapters, tags and streamnames ;) ;)

LoRd_MuldeR
27th June 2008, 14:31
Thanks for the audio EQ :)

Maybe you can add some fancy presets like "Rock", "Live" or "Club" to it ;)

rvm
28th June 2008, 00:57
But there still is the problem that MPlayer will crash if the video area has zero size, e.g. when the playlist fills the entire SMPlayer window.
This has become even worse, because SMPlayer now won't resize it's window according to the video size when the playlist is visible. I think this did work before.
Even clicking "Video > Size > 100%" doesn't change the size of the SMPlayer window, when the playlist is visible. Simply nothing does happen.
So when the video area has zero size, because the playlist is visible, and you play a video, it will crash. And it will even crash at all following attempts now!
You need to either make the playlist smaller or hide it. Only then the video area becomes "visible" (size != 0x0) and MPlayer works again.

I'm afraid I can't reproduce this problem.

LoRd_MuldeR
28th June 2008, 01:30
I'm afraid I can't reproduce this problem.

Okay, I have uploaded a screen capture that illustrates the problem:
http://mplayer.somestuff.org/misc/MPlayer_Crash.7z

rvm
2nd July 2008, 00:40
Okay, I have uploaded a screen capture that illustrates the problem:
http://mplayer.somestuff.org/misc/MPlayer_Crash.7z

I see.

Well, as expected I don't have any crash. In my case I can't see the video, but when resizing the playlist the video appears.

I think the problem happens if the main window doesn't fit on the screen, then Qt resizes on its own to fit.

For instance, I play a 720x576 video. In the logs I can see the following:

Debug: [01:23:06] BaseGui::resizeWindow: 720, 576
Debug: [01:23:06] BaseGui::resizeWindow: size to scale: 720, 576
Debug: [01:23:06] BaseGui::resizeWindow: temp window size: 720, 1502
Debug: [01:23:06] BaseGui::resizeWindow: temp panel->size: 720, 573
Debug: [01:23:06] BaseGui::resizeWindow: diff: 0, 929
Debug: [01:23:06] BaseGui::resizeWindow: done: window size: 720, 1505
Debug: [01:23:06] BaseGui::resizeWindow: done: panel->size: 720, 576
Debug: [01:23:06] BaseGui::resizeWindow: done: mplayerwindow->size: 720, 576

The "done" lines report the size of the main window ("window size") and the video window ("panel" and "mplayerwindow") just after smplayer had resize the window. The video window size is correct, the problem is that the height of the main window (1505) doesn't fit on my screen (1280x1024) so I think Qt resizes to fit, which can make that the video window could be smaller than it should be.

The problem is difficult to fix, as for the function which makes the resizing everything went ok.

Edit: in svn r1515 (ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/smplayer/windows/smplayer_update_svn_r1515.7z) I've made the minimum size of video window to be 1x1 instead of 0x0, but I don't know if this will fix anything...

LoRd_MuldeR
2nd July 2008, 16:22
I just discovered this:

Revision 1515 - Directory Listing
Modified Wed Jul 2 00:05:54 2008 UTC (15 hours, 15 minutes ago) by rvm

Setting the minimum size of the panel widget to 1x1 instead of 0x0

This definitely fixes the crashes I encountered with the OpenGL renderer right after playing an audio-only file :)

:thanks: to rvm!

rvm
11th July 2008, 02:08
Good news, SMPlayer is one of the finalists in the "Best Project for Multimedia" category in the SourceForge.net 2008 Community Choice Awards:
http://sourceforge.net/community/cca08-finalists

http://sourceforge.net/awards/cca/badge_img.php?group_id=185512&style=5 (http://sourceforge.net/awards/cca/?group_id=185512)

I'd also like to say that version 0.6.2 is going to be released very soon. This version includes:

* audio equalizer
* new dialog to search and download subtitles from opensubtitles.org
* possibility to configure the toolbars. Ok, no graphical editor yet, it has to be done editing the config file, but you can at least get rid of the buttons you don't like, change the order, add other buttons... (I'll try to add the toolbar editor for 0.6.3)

You can test the latest version from svn: smplayer_update_svn_r1553.7z (ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/smplayer/windows/smplayer_update_svn_r1553.7z)

ericab
11th July 2008, 02:10
Good news, SMPlayer is one of the finalists in the "Best Project for Multimedia" category in the SourceForge.net 2008 Community Choice Awards:

http://sourceforge.net/awards/cca/badge_img.php?group_id=185512&style=5 (http://sourceforge.net/awards/cca/?group_id=185512)

I'd also like to say that version 0.6.2 is going to be released very soon. This version includes:

* audio equalizer
* possibility to configure the toolbars. Ok, no graphical editor yet, it has to be done editing the config file, but you can at least get rid of the buttons you don't like, change the order, add other buttons... (I'll try to add the toolbar editor for 0.6.3)

You can test the latest version from svn: smplayer_update_svn_r1553.7z (ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/smplayer/windows/smplayer_update_svn_r1553.7z)

cool congrats rvm!

any word on the smooth scrolling control bar (stop, play, seek etc...) in fullscreen ?

LoRd_MuldeR
11th July 2008, 02:12

* audio equalizer

Congratulations http://www.soadfans.de/forum/images/armageddon/smilies/winken.gif

rvm
11th July 2008, 02:18
any word on the smooth scrolling control bar (stop, play, seek etc...) in fullscreen ?

I'm afraid that won't be in time for 0.6.2.

video_magic
11th July 2008, 02:34
Thankyou for your work on making Mplayer easy to use and accessible as a player, I use it quite often, and it's taken over from (the also terrific) VLC.

Congratulations also :thanks:

rvm
15th August 2008, 11:18
Version 0.6.2 released

Most important changes since 0.6.1:

* Added an audio equalizer (please read Audio_equalizer.txt).
* Added a dialog to search and download subtitles from opensubtitles.org (See Finding_subtitles.txt).
* The toolbars can be configured. The user can remove, add or change the order of the buttons. Right now it can only be done by editing manually the configuration file. A graphical editor will be added in the next version. See Configuring_the_toolbars.txt.
* The single instance port can now be chosen automatically by the application.
* Possibility to compile a portable version which (by default) won't write anything outside the smplayer's folder. It won't write either anything in the Windows registry. See Portable_Edition.txt for details.
* Added the Slovenian translation.

LoRd_MuldeR
15th August 2008, 11:49
great! :D

avih
17th August 2008, 10:23

* audio equalizer

Congratulations and good luck :)
It is indeed a very good project. Well done.

Regarding the subtitles, I used to use opensubtitles.org, but it's quite slow and I've found that in most cases, http://subscene.com gives better results.

IceHand
6th September 2008, 19:28
Very nice frontend, it's my default video player now. One small problem though: I can't find an option to configure which channel to use for volume control. By default SMPlayer uses the channel "PCM" for mixing on my PC, but I would like it to use "Master" instead, because my other programs do too and setting PCM too high causes distortion.

I use Arch Linux (current) and have a AD1981B AC'97 Audio controller (Intel 855GM), if that's of any concern.

rvm
6th September 2008, 22:28
I think you can do it by adding something like -mixer-channel Master to Preferences->Advanced->Options for MPlayer.

This what the mplayer manpage (http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/man/en/mplayer.1.html) say about that option:

−mixer−channel <mixer line>[,mixer index] (−ao oss and −ao alsa only)

This option will tell MPlayer to use a different channel for controlling volume than the default PCM. Options for OSS include vol, pcm, line. For a complete list of options look for SOUND_DEVICE_NAMES in /usr/include/linux/soundcard.h. For ALSA you can use the names e.g. alsamixer displays, like Master, Line, PCM.
NOTE: ALSA mixer channel names followed by a number must be specified in the <name,number> format, i.e. a channel labeled ’PCM 1’ in alsamixer must be converted to PCM,1.

IceHand
6th September 2008, 23:15
I think you can do it by adding something like -mixer-channel Master to Preferences->Advanced->Options for MPlayer.Thank you, that worked! However now SMPlayer always changes the volume to the default volume set under Preferences->General->Audio when opening a file, even though I have disabled the option "Change volume on every file". How can I disable that behaviour?

rvm
7th September 2008, 02:35
I think that problem is now fixed in svn r1751.

IceHand
7th September 2008, 11:21
Thanks!

rvm
26th September 2008, 12:56
Version 0.6.3 released

Most important changes since 0.6.2:

* Two fixes for Windows Vista. Now IPv4 is used by default (connection to networks are faster). And now it really uses "gl:yuv=2:force-pbo:ati-hack" as the default video output driver. Note: this mode could give problems with some graphic cards (specially ATI), if you experience any, try the other gl variants, or just directx.
* (Linux) Added a fix for a black screen problem when using Compiz.
* Added an option to select the number of threads that mplayer will use for decoding (only works for MPEG-1/2 and some H.264 videos).
* Added the possibility to disable the audio equalizer. Seems to be necessary to use the S/PDIF output.
* Added some options to increase/decrease the speed by 1% and 4%. This allows to play 24 fps movies at 25 fps speed and vice versa.
* Fix: sometimes the playlist is not shown. Added a workaround for the problem.
* Added some checks to avoid crashes when selecting subtitle tracks.
* (Windows) Added a new submenu Video->Screen to select the screen which will display the video when using directx.
* The settings in smplayer.ini have been reorganized in several sections. (This also means most of your preferences will be lost and you will have to reconfigure smplayer again).
* Added an option to mirror the video. And now it's also possible to flip and rotate the subtitles along with the image.
* Added a new shortcut set (sda.keys) which can be loaded in the shortcut editor in preferences.
* Added two new translations: Arabic and Kurdish.

(whole changelog (http://smplayer.berlios.de/forums/viewtopic.php?id=720))

Downloads (http://smplayer.berlios.de/downloads.php)

fastplayer
27th September 2008, 21:03
Thanks a lot for the new version, rvm! :thanks:
Two things I noticed:
1. There's one problem though with the portable version*: In Preferences --> General --> Video, "User defined" is selected by default with the value being "directx,". The problem is with the comma. With it no video is displayed (screen remains black). If you remove the comma, then all is fine and SMP reverts to "directx (fast)".
2. I have "save_playlist_in_config" set to "false" and all items removed from the playlist but smplayer.ini still contains an current_item=0 (item_0_filename, duration and name are all set with the last video played back before "save_playlist_in_config" was set to "false"). I know this is nitpicking but there shouldn't be any traces of filenames in the smplayer.ini if all history features are disabled.

* I don't know if this issue occurs with other builds since I use the portable only...

rvm
27th September 2008, 22:41
Thanks a lot for the new version, rvm! :thanks:
Two things I noticed:
1. There's one problem though with the portable version*: In Preferences --> General --> Video, "User defined" is selected by default with the value being "directx,". The problem is with the comma. With it no video is displayed (screen remains black). If you remove the comma, then all is fine and SMP reverts to "directx (fast)".

Actually the comma tells mplayer to fall back to other drivers if directx is not available. That's why I add it as default. I don't know why it doesn't work for you. I'll try to reproduce the problem, although if I could see your mplayer log when you use "directx," would be useful...

2. I have "save_playlist_in_config" set to "false" and all items removed from the playlist but smplayer.ini still contains an current_item=0 (item_0_filename, duration and name are all set with the last video played back before "save_playlist_in_config" was set to "false"). I know this is nitpicking but there shouldn't be any traces of filenames in the smplayer.ini if all history features are disabled.

I'll check this.

fastplayer
27th September 2008, 22:48
Actually the comma tells mplayer to fall back to other drivers if directx is not available. That's why I add it as default. I don't know why it doesn't work for you. I'll try to reproduce the problem, although if I could see your mplayer log when you use "directx," would be useful...
Here's the MPlayer log:
D:/Apps/Player/SMPlayer/mplayer/mplayer.exe -noquiet -nofs -sub-fuzziness 1 -identify -slave -vo directx, -ao dsound -zoom -nokeepaspect -priority abovenormal -nodr -double -wid 2425412 -monitorpixelaspect 1 -subfont-autoscale 1 -subfont-text-scale 5 -subcp ISO-8859-1 -subpos 100 -volume 50 -cache 2000 -osdlevel 0 -vf-add screenshot -slices -channels 2 -af scaletempo,equalizer=0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0 -nofontconfig D:/Incoming/spiritthe_trlr_02_720p_dl.mov

MPlayer dev-SVN-r27130-3.4.5 (with -volume) (C) 2000-2008 MPlayer Team
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+ (Family: 15, Model: 47, Stepping: 2)
CPUflags: MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1
Compiled with runtime CPU detection.

Playing D:/Incoming/spiritthe_trlr_02_720p_dl.mov.

Cache fill: 0.00% (0 bytes)
libavformat file format detected.
ID_VIDEO_ID=0
[lavf] Video stream found, -vid 0
ID_AUDIO_ID=1
[lavf] Audio stream found, -aid 1
VIDEO: [avc1] 1280x544 24bpp 23.976 fps 0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
ID_FILENAME=D:/Incoming/spiritthe_trlr_02_720p_dl.mov
ID_DEMUXER=lavfpref
ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=avc1
ID_VIDEO_BITRATE=0
ID_VIDEO_WIDTH=1280
ID_VIDEO_HEIGHT=544
ID_VIDEO_FPS=23.976
ID_VIDEO_ASPECT=0.0000
ID_AUDIO_FORMAT=255
ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=0
ID_AUDIO_RATE=48000
ID_AUDIO_NCH=2
ID_LENGTH=147.07
ID_SEEKABLE=1
Selected video codec: [ffh264] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg H.264)
ID_VIDEO_CODEC=ffh264
Opening audio decoder: [faad] AAC (MPEG2/4 Advanced Audio Coding)
[mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 00C370B0]negative ctts, ignoring
FAAD: compressed input bitrate missing, assuming 128kbit/s!
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 128.0 kbit/8.33% (ratio: 16000->192000)
ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=128000
ID_AUDIO_RATE=48000
ID_AUDIO_NCH=2
Selected audio codec: [faad] afm: faad (FAAD AAC (MPEG-2/MPEG-4 Audio) decoder)
AO: [dsound] 48000Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
ID_AUDIO_CODEC=faad
Starting playback...
VDec: vo config request - 1280 x 544 (preferred colorspace: Planar YV12)
Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
[swscaler @ 00C33B64]No accelerated colorspace conversion found
[swscaler @ 00C33B64]using unscaled yuv420p -> rgb24 special converter
VO: [directx] 1280x544 => 1280x544 Planar YV12 [zoom]
ID_AUDIO_TRACK=1

Maybe the comma is not allowed in a parameter (see first line)?

rvm
27th September 2008, 23:13
2. I have "save_playlist_in_config" set to "false" and all items removed from the playlist but smplayer.ini still contains an current_item=0 (item_0_filename, duration and name are all set with the last video played back before "save_playlist_in_config" was set to "false").

With that option set to false, the playlist is not saved to the config file, but it won't delete the remaining info there could be already there. You have to delete yourself.

About the problem with "directx," I'll check it later (I'm on linux now). BTW, could you copy the mplayer log when you use "directx" (without the comma)?

fastplayer
27th September 2008, 23:20
With that option set to false, the playlist is not saved to the config file, but it won't delete the remaining info there could be already there. You have to delete yourself.
No biggie! I just deleted the "playlist_contents" category and all is OK. I was just wondering why an entry was left.

About the problem with "directx," I'll check it later (I'm on linux now). BTW, could you copy the mplayer log when you use "directx" (without the comma)?
I remember the option "Repaint background of the video window" from the previous version 0.6.2. If I disabled it, it had the same effect as the issue above: blank screen. I can't find this option in the preferences anymore. Maybe it is set to disabled in the smplayer.ini itself?

Edit: OK, my last assumption doesn't make much sense because then "-vo directx" itself would show a blank screen too...

fastplayer
27th September 2008, 23:22
Here you go:
D:/Apps/Player/SMPlayer/mplayer/mplayer.exe -noquiet -nofs -sub-fuzziness 1 -identify -slave -vo directx -ao dsound -zoom -nokeepaspect -priority abovenormal -nodr -double -wid 4653446 -colorkey 0x020202 -monitorpixelaspect 1 -subfont-autoscale 1 -subfont-text-scale 5 -subcp ISO-8859-1 -subpos 100 -volume 50 -cache 2000 -osdlevel 0 -vf-add screenshot -slices -channels 2 -af scaletempo,equalizer=0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0 -nofontconfig D:/Incoming/spiritthe_trlr_02_720p_dl.mov

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+ (Family: 15, Model: 47, Stepping: 2)
CPUflags: MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1

Playing D:/Incoming/spiritthe_trlr_02_720p_dl.mov.

libavformat file format detected.
ID_VIDEO_ID=0
[lavf] Video stream found, -vid 0
ID_AUDIO_ID=1
[lavf] Audio stream found, -aid 1
VIDEO: [avc1] 1280x544 24bpp 23.976 fps 0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
ID_FILENAME=D:/Incoming/spiritthe_trlr_02_720p_dl.mov
ID_DEMUXER=lavfpref
ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=avc1
ID_VIDEO_BITRATE=0
ID_VIDEO_WIDTH=1280
ID_VIDEO_HEIGHT=544
ID_VIDEO_FPS=23.976
ID_VIDEO_ASPECT=0.0000
ID_AUDIO_FORMAT=255
ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=0
ID_AUDIO_RATE=48000
ID_AUDIO_NCH=2
ID_LENGTH=147.07
ID_SEEKABLE=1
Selected video codec: [ffh264] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg H.264)
ID_VIDEO_CODEC=ffh264
Opening audio decoder: [faad] AAC (MPEG2/4 Advanced Audio Coding)
[mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 00C370B0]negative ctts, ignoring
FAAD: compressed input bitrate missing, assuming 128kbit/s!
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 128.0 kbit/8.33% (ratio: 16000->192000)
ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=128000
ID_AUDIO_RATE=48000
ID_AUDIO_NCH=2
Selected audio codec: [faad] afm: faad (FAAD AAC (MPEG-2/MPEG-4 Audio) decoder)
ID_AUDIO_CODEC=faad
Starting playback...
VDec: vo config request - 1280 x 544 (preferred colorspace: Planar YV12)
Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
[swscaler @ 00C33B64]No accelerated colorspace conversion found
[swscaler @ 00C33B64]using unscaled yuv420p -> rgb24 special converter
VO: [directx] 1280x544 => 1280x544 Planar YV12 [zoom]
ID_AUDIO_TRACK=1

rvm
28th September 2008, 00:45
I found the problem. If using "directx," smplayer doesn't pass mplayer the -colorkey option... Horrible bug indeed :(

I didn't realize of it because I compiled and tested it on a windows xp running on a virtual machine inside linux. There it worked.

fastplayer
28th September 2008, 12:04
I found the problem. If using "directx," smplayer doesn't pass mplayer the -colorkey option... Horrible bug indeed :(
I noticed that too after I diff'ed both logs but I wasn't sure what to think of it... :confused:
Anyway, I'm glad you figured it out! :thanks:

rvm
28th September 2008, 17:26
I've just uploaded an update: smplayer-portable_update_svn_1903.7z (ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/smplayer/windows/smplayer-portable_update_svn_1903.7z).

Could you test if it works ok now?

fastplayer
28th September 2008, 17:52
I've just uploaded an update: smplayer-portable_update_svn_1903.7z (ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/smplayer/windows/smplayer-portable_update_svn_1903.7z).

Could you test if it works ok now?
I removed the smplayer.ini before extracting the update in order to start with a clean profile. I changed not one setting and immediately opened a video file which played back correctly. The MPlayer log indicated that the "colorkey" parameter was added to the command line. :)

rvm
29th September 2008, 00:45
Version 0.6.3.1 (release for Windows only)

This release includes a fix for an important bug in 0.6.3 which affected the version for Windows: the video window would be black on the first video played, or always if the user opened the preferences dialog before playing a video. In those cases "directx," was used as video driver but the -colorkey option was not passed to mplayer producing the problem. Windows Vista probably wasn't affected by this bug, as it uses a different video driver as default.
Packages for v. 0.6.3.1 (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=185512&package_id=216202&release_id=629389)

LoRd_MuldeR
29th September 2008, 00:56
Thanks for the fix :)

avih
20th October 2008, 12:55
rvm,
Issues in SMPlayer svn-r2030 (XP-SP3, NVidia, mulder's full package, GL/fast output):

- When the video is restarted (after preference changes, if reloaded while set to "remember settings", etc), a custom aspect ratio is restored at the menus but is not applied to the video.

- When I set middle mouse click to "show equalizer", it didn't work.

- Sometimes, maybe due to mplayer bugs, certain preferences changes through the menus (certain filters, etc) may cause mplayer to stop playing. In such cases, the bad menu option cannot be turned off because the menu is disabled (video not playing). It's even worse if the "remember settings" is checked in the preferences because it automatically applies the "bad" option, aborts the playback, menu gets disabled, and no way to disable the option without unchecking "remember " and reloading the video. I suggest to enable the menus even if the video isn't playing, such that changes can apply to the next playback.

As always, beautiful front end :), keep up the good work!

fastplayer
20th October 2008, 13:13
Can somebody reproduce this?

Click on a menu like "Help" or "Options", then move the mouse across the menu items into the video output area, move it back to the opened menu. Do that back and forth. The mouse cursor will disappear at some point when pointing inside the video output area.

avih
20th October 2008, 13:18
Can somebody reproduce this?

Click on a menu like "Help" or "Options", then move the mouse across the menu items into the video output area, move it back to the opened menu. Do that back and forth. The mouse cursor will disappear at some point when pointing inside the video output area.
Confirmed. My case is even simpler: just open one of the menus and move the cursor to the video area -> cursor disappears (tried with output GL and GL(fast))

fastplayer
20th October 2008, 13:50
Confirmed. My case is even simpler: just open one of the menus and move the cursor to the video area -> cursor disappears (tried with output GL and GL(fast))
Thanks for confirmation!
I'm using DirectX output and yes, I can reproduce the behavior you described but it's not consistent. Most of the time I have to move the cursor a couple of times between menu and video area but sometimes the cursor disappears immediately.

LoRd_MuldeR
20th October 2008, 14:58
But it only disappears when moving the cursor over the video area. Moving it back onto the menu makes it re-appear.

rvm
21st October 2008, 00:54
rvm,
Issues in SMPlayer svn-r2030 (XP-SP3, NVidia, mulder's full package, GL/fast output):

- When the video is restarted (after preference changes, if reloaded while set to "remember settings", etc), a custom aspect ratio is restored at the menus but is not applied to the video.

I can't reproduce this problem, here in linux with xv, using smplayer svn r2072.

- When I set middle mouse click to "show equalizer", it didn't work.

Fixed in r2074.

- Sometimes, maybe due to mplayer bugs, certain preferences changes through the menus (certain filters, etc) may cause mplayer to stop playing. In such cases, the bad menu option cannot be turned off because the menu is disabled (video not playing). It's even worse if the "remember settings" is checked in the preferences because it automatically applies the "bad" option, aborts the playback, menu gets disabled, and no way to disable the option without unchecking "remember " and reloading the video. I suggest to enable the menus even if the video isn't playing, such that changes can apply to the next playback.

I'll try to find a fix for this. Meanwhile there's an easy workaround, just disable the "remember settings" and open the video again. After that you can enable "remember settings" again.

avih
21st October 2008, 07:37
Fixed in r2074.

Thanks.

I'll try to find a fix for this. Meanwhile there's an easy workaround, just disable the "remember settings" and open the video again. After that you can enable "remember settings" again.
Thanks. And for quoting my workaround ;)

I can't reproduce this problem, here in linux with xv, using smplayer svn r2072.

OK, I didn't try it with many files, just with the ones I actually needed this feature for (I capture to 572x288 and the a.r. should be 4:3) and it didn't work for them. It does seem to work with other files.

I'm attaching a video snippet of the problematic file (format?). If you still can't reproduce it, I'll upload the log files.

BTW, because this video is so short, there's an easier way to reproduce this issue: start playing, pause if you need to, change to 4:3 from the menu, let the playback finish, click play --> not in 4:3.

thx again.

rvm
21st October 2008, 10:13
OK, I didn't try it with many files, just with the ones I actually needed this feature for (I capture to 572x288 and the a.r. should be 4:3) and it didn't work for them. It does seem to work with other files.

I'm attaching a video snippet of the problematic file (format?). If you still can't reproduce it, I'll upload the log files.

BTW, because this video is so short, there's an easier way to reproduce this issue: start playing, pause if you need to, change to 4:3 from the menu, let the playback finish, click play --> not in 4:3.

thx again.

Normally smplayer sets the aspect ratio (and other things, like subtitles, audio track...) just after the video has started to play, all important info is printed by mplayer before.

But this file starts to play a little bit before some of the info (resolution, video driver) is printed by mplayer. That confuses smplayer.

Maybe you video has a few ms at the beginning with audio only?

Changing the demuxer from avi to lavf fixes the problem with this video.

Edit: the video doesn't have this problem if using mplayer r27130. So maybe newer versions introduced a bug (or a fix)...

Edit 2: another strange thing in the video, the movie aspect is 2.00:1, if you are creating these videos, why don't you set the aspect to 4:3?

LoRd_MuldeR
21st October 2008, 15:41
rvm, what exactly does "dxlist.exe" do and what do we need it for?

Or in other words: Shall I include it in my package or not? I can't see any problem with excluding it :confused:

rvm
21st October 2008, 22:04
There's a document in the sources which explains:

dxlist is a small console application for Windows which can list the
directsound devices and directdraw display devices. This info is then used
by smplayer.

Usage: just run dxlist.exe with the -d or -s switches. -d shows the display
devices, -s the sound devices.

Compiling: in order to compile it you need the directx headers
(you can get a package here: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/dx7headers.tgz), and
extract it in the directx folder. Then just compile it with the usual:

qmake
make

Installation: dxlist.exe has to be installed on the same folder as smplayer.exe.

Someone may be wondering... why don't you just simply call mplayer to get that
info instead of writing this program?

Yes, mplayer can display that info, but there are several inconveniences:

1) it's necessary to use the -v switch. That makes mplayer to be much more
verbose, that could even have an impact on performace (at least that was
a problem with old versions of Qt)

2) it's necessary to play a file. Yes, you can't get the info if you don't
play a file. That's a problem, smplayer wouldn't be able to get the info until
the user has at least played one file.

3) even worse, to get the info about the attached displays, you have to
use the -adapter option, but how can you know what value to use for
-adapter if you don't know yet the list of valid values?

Because of those problems, I found easier to try to get that info using other
ways. This program just outputs the required info, no need to play anything,
smplayer can call it whenever it needs it.

Finally, the reason to implement all this in a separate program and not inside
smplayer itself (which would have been easier) is just simply to avoid it
to depend on directx, and require everyone who want to compile it to install
the directx headers. After all this (dxlist) program is optional, smplayer
can work without it.

LoRd_MuldeR
21st October 2008, 22:26
There's a document in the sources which explains:

I see. Thanks for the info :)

After all this (dxlist) program is optional, smplayer can work without it.

That's what I wanted to clarify :D

avih
22nd October 2008, 09:51
Normally smplayer sets the aspect ratio (and other things, like subtitles, audio track...) just after the video has started to play, all important info is printed by mplayer before.

But this file starts to play a little bit before some of the info (resolution, video driver) is printed by mplayer. That confuses smplayer.

Maybe you video has a few ms at the beginning with audio only?

Changing the demuxer from avi to lavf fixes the problem with this video.

Edit: the video doesn't have this problem if using mplayer r27130. So maybe newer versions introduced a bug (or a fix)...

Edit 2: another strange thing in the video, the movie aspect is 2.00:1, if you are creating these videos, why don't you set the aspect to 4:3?
regarding A/V delta, could be, it's captured with virtualdub and ffdshow. The relevent vdub options are left at default "auto a/v sync" or something similar. I didn't intentionally create this skew if there is one.

Can one choose lavf demuxer from the options? if not, how?

Could also be an mplayer bug of course, or vdub bug. But I think vdub is usually very "correct" with the file it outputs. mplayer is considered very robust too... but playback before it outputs certain parameters seems a bit strange. dunno.

regarding the manual capture aspect ratio, already tested earlier while trying to find a solution for my problem, it worked (initially ffdshow encoder was left at the default of PAR 1:1, I had to manually set the output display aspect ratio of ffdshow encoder to 4:3), it definitely is the correct way to handle this and I'll probably set my cap params this way now, but I was just reporting an incorrect behavior of the playback using SMPlayer.

rvm
22nd October 2008, 11:16
Can one choose lavf demuxer from the options? if not, how?

Options->View info and properties->Demuxer. But this only affects the current video.

There's also a way to change the demuxer for all videos, add -demuxer lavf in Preferences -> Advanced -> Options for mplayer -> Options, but then lavf will be used for all formats and it may not be suitable for some of them.

avih
22nd October 2008, 11:26
K, thx. Do you think this kind of video might also "confuse" SMPlayer in other aspects (pardon the pun)?

rvm
22nd October 2008, 11:44
Apart from the aspect ratio issue, I don't see any other problem.

rvm
27th October 2008, 17:00
Version 0.6.4 released.

Most important changes since 0.6.3:

* Now the dialog to find subtitles can also download the subtitle file and load it in smplayer automatically.
* (Linux) The black screen problem when using Compiz should really be fixed now.
* Added support for encoding autodetection for subtitle files. Requires a mplayer compiled with enca support.
* (Linux) Now it's possible to choose the audio device to be used with alsa (needs the application "aplay").
* (Windows) Now it's possible to choose the audio device to be used with dsound.
* (Windows) The menu Video->Screen displays now the actual available screens with their names.
* Added the possibility to add consecutive files (video_01.avi, video_02.avi..) automatically to the playlist.
* Bugfix: logout is not cancelled by smplayer.
* Now the options in preferences display a tooltip with a help message.
* Now it's possible to change the video track.
* Added the Galician translation.

LoRd_MuldeR
11th November 2008, 16:44
rvm, is there any chance to fix Drag&Drop for the OpenGL renderer on Win32 ???

Not being able to use Drag&Drop in fullscreen mode (and only outside the video area in windowed mode) is a bit nasty, although it's definitely not the end of the world ;)

(AFAIK the problem is that the GL renderer is using it's own window, but doesn't forward window messages, such as WM_DROPFILES, to the front-end app)

Reimar
11th November 2008, 20:25
(AFAIK the problem is that the GL renderer is using it's own window, but doesn't forward window messages, such as WM_DROPFILES, to the front-end app)

No, not quite. Qt (which SMPlayer uses) uses the OLE drag-and-drop method, so WM_DROPFILES is not involved and supporting it does not help.
Luckily I was stupid and there is a much easier way than forwarding messages: set the window to disabled, which also works for Drag-and-Drop.
So unless I once more messed up my testing this is fixed in MPlayer SVN r27904.

LoRd_MuldeR
11th November 2008, 20:33
No, not quite. Qt (which SMPlayer uses) uses the OLE drag-and-drop method, so WM_DROPFILES is not involved and supporting it does not help.
Luckily I was stupid and there is a much easier way than forwarding messages: set the window to disabled, which also works for Drag-and-Drop.
So unless I once more messed up my testing this is fixed in MPlayer SVN r27904.

LoRd_MuldeR
16th December 2008, 15:52
I got a feature request for SMPlayer:
When I do "+" -> "Add file(s)" in the playlist window and select a ".m3u" playlist file, then import&append the playlist to my current playlist.

At the moment it will add the ".m3u" file as a single item to the playlist, so it won't play at all :(

:thanks: in advance!

rvm
31st December 2008, 15:11
I think I forgot to announce the changes in version 0.6.5:

Most important changes since 0.6.4:

* The subtitles when using the SSA/ASS library can now be further customized. It's possible to select the font, size, colors, bold, italic, outline, shadow...
* (Linux) Now smplayer tries to follow the XDG Base Directory Specification for the config files. That means the now the configuration files will be saved under the directory $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/smplayer (or $HOME/.config/smplayer if $XDG_CONFIG_HOME is not defined). If you want to keep your preferences, copy or move the files from $HOME/.smplayer to the new location.
* Added some options in Preferences->Interface to configure the floating control.
* The commandline option -ini-path has been removed and replaced with -config-path, which specifies the directory where smplayer will store its data (not only smplayer.ini).

And these are the changes in the new version 0.6.6:

Most important changes since 0.6.5:

* Added an option to generate a preview (thumbnails) of the video.
* Added a new gui (mpcgui, a media player classic clone) developed by Matthias Petri.
* Added some auto zoom options, to display the video without black borders.
* Implemented a new (and optional) method to save the file settings. This method uses an ini file per each played file. It's faster than the old one.
* Added a new option in Preferences->Video: add black borders on fullscreen. If this option is enabled, black borders will be added to the image in fullscreen mode. This allows subtitles to be displayed on the black borders.
* Increased the resolution of the seekbar. Allows a more accurate seeking.
* Added 3 modes for the stay on top option: always, never and while playing.
* Added a history to the open URL dialog.
* Added new action to cycle through all aspect ratios. Assigned by default to key "A".
* It's possible to run some specified actions every time a file is loaded.
* Possibility to set up a proxy for internet connections (used for subtitle downloading).

Currently there's only available an update package:
smplayer_update_0.6.6.7z (ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/smplayer/windows/smplayer_update_0.6.6.7z)

Unity
31st December 2008, 17:32
A fantastic mplayer gui !

The new mpc skin is really nice too :)

LoRd_MuldeR
31st December 2008, 17:49
Thank you rvm :thanks:

I noticed one small cosmetic error with the MPC GUI: If you press the "play" button again while it's already pressed (lowered) it will become un-pressed (flat) again.
There is no effect though, so the media will keep on playing...

BTW: Happy new year !!!

tekNerd
1st January 2009, 17:45
Currently there's only available an update package:
smplayer_update_0.6.6.7z
Link doesn't work for me, it seems that the server is down or something. Can someone upload this somewhere else?

LoRd_MuldeR
1st January 2009, 17:47
Link doesn't work for me, it seems that the server is down or something. Can someone upload this somewhere else?

Seems to work for me :confused:

ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/smplayer/windows/smplayer_update_0.6.6.7z

rvm
1st January 2009, 19:34
I've just uploaded it here too:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/smplayer/smplayer_update_0.6.6.7z

tekNerd
1st January 2009, 23:12
It started to work the ftp link...
Thanks.

Question:
can smplayer take a screenshot of a video and put it in the video's folder (like using some kind of option: use video's folder for screenshots)?

LoRd_MuldeR
1st January 2009, 23:16
Question:
can smplayer take a screenshot of a video and put it in the video's folder (like using some kind of option: use video's folder for screenshots)?

Answer: Yes.

(Use the "Video" -> "Screenshot" function to take a screenshot. Also note that the screenshot directory can be configured in the "Preferences" window)

tekNerd
2nd January 2009, 02:20
No, I know that it can take screenshots, I just want to know if it is possible to have as screenshot folder the video's corespondent folder, not a global screenshot folder.
And another thing: is it possible to save the screenshot with the video file's name?

mhj911
2nd January 2009, 02:39
a little issue, because I have no real decode file drvc.dll, so when I play a rmvb video, smplayer have no video image, some menu about video are disable status, it is normal. I click 'stop' button to stop playing this video, then copy 'drvc.dll' to 'codecs' folder under mplayer folder. I continue click 'play' button to play this video. smplayer display video image, but status of those menu about video are not updated. if I choose open this video again, those menu is ok.

check VIDEO_CODEC whether is null to decide whether have video, then to update those menu status.
VIDEO_CODEC='';
if mplayer ouput 'ID_VIDEO_CODEC=codec_name' then VIDEO_CODEC=codec_name
if VIDEO_CODEC='' then HaveVideo=false else HaveVideo=true;
menu.enable= HaveVideo;

because version of mplayer, it don't play video but only audio without real decoder 'drvc.dll', it maybe can use ffrv40 to play a real video after update mplayer.

CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2140 @ 1.60GHz (Family: 6, Model: 15, Stepping: 13)

Playing D:/My Documents/My Videos/非诚勿扰.rmvb.

REAL file format detected.
Stream description: Audio Stream
Stream mimetype: audio/x-pn-realaudio
ID_AUDIO_ID=0
[real] Audio stream found, -aid 0
Stream description: Video Stream
Stream mimetype: video/x-pn-realvideo
ID_VIDEO_ID=1
[real] Video stream found, -vid 1
Stream mimetype: logical-fileinfo
VIDEO: [RV40] 640x460 24bpp 25.000 fps 0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
Clip info:
name: 非诚勿扰1
Opening video decoder: [realvid] RealVideo decoder
Error loading dll
ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec drvc.so.
Read the RealVideo section of the DOCS!
VDecoder init failed :(
Error loading dll
ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec drvc.dll.
Error loading dll
ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec drv4.so.6.0.
Error loading dll
ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec drv43260.dll.
Error loading dll
ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec drvc.bundle/Contents/MacOS/drvc.
Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x30345652.
Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!
Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
AUDIO: 44100 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 44.1 kbit/3.12% (ratio: 5512->176400)
ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=44096
ID_AUDIO_RATE=44100
ID_AUDIO_NCH=2
Selected audio codec: [ffcook] afm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg COOK audio decoder)

MPlayer Sherpya-SVN-r28126-4.2.5 (C) 2000-2008 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2140 @ 1.60GHz (Family: 6, Model: 15, Stepping: 13)
The -nogui option will only work as the first command line argument.

Playing d:\My Documents\My Videos\非诚勿扰.rmvb.
REAL file format detected.
Stream description: Audio Stream
Stream mimetype: audio/x-pn-realaudio
ID_AUDIO_ID=0
[real] Audio stream found, -aid 0
Stream description: Video Stream
Stream mimetype: video/x-pn-realvideo
ID_VIDEO_ID=1
[real] Video stream found, -vid 1
Stream mimetype: logical-fileinfo
VIDEO: [RV40] 640x460 24bpp 25.000 fps 0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
Clip info:
name: 非诚勿扰1
[...]
Error loading dll
ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec drvc.so.
Error loading dll
ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec drvc.dll.
Error loading dll
ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec drv4.so.6.0.
Error loading dll
ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec drv43260.dll.
Error loading dll
ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec drvc.bundle/Contents/MacOS/drvc.
Selected video codec: [ffrv40] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg RV40 decoder)
Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
AUDIO: 44100 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 44.1 kbit/3.12% (ratio: 5512->176400)
ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=44096
ID_AUDIO_RATE=44100
ID_AUDIO_NCH=2
Selected audio codec: [ffcook] afm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg COOK audio decoder)

rvm
2nd January 2009, 02:52
No, I know that it can take screenshots, I just want to know if it is possible to have as screenshot folder the video's corespondent folder, not a global screenshot folder.

No, it's not possible. Maybe I could add an option for that.

And another thing: is it possible to save the screenshot with the video file's name?

No. There was a patch sent to the mplayer-dev-eng mailing list which added support for that, but it hasn't been added to mplayer yet.

Maybe I can add that possibility in smplayer anyway, it would be just a matter of renaming the screenshot made by mplayer.

mhj911
2nd January 2009, 03:15
name of system font not always uniform with first font face name of font, so use fontconfig + font name, may not work. e.g. simhei.ttf display as '黑体' in list of system font, if use -fontconfig -font 黑体 ,it don't work, use -fontconfig -font simhei ,is ok. so I never use fontconfig, but directly use -font +font.

petran79
2nd January 2009, 15:39
I have the following issue.

In Preferences -> File Types, when I click "Select None", all but the bin, divx, dv,iso, nsv and vcd extension disappear. Even when I uncheck the extensions manually and click "Apply" the boxes are automatically ticked again.

As a result only through Windows folder options in control panel is it possible to apply a different player.

rvm
2nd January 2009, 22:50
What version of Windows are you using? (XP? Vista?)

rvm
3rd January 2009, 01:03
a little issue, because I have no real decode file drvc.dll, so when I play a rmvb video, smplayer have no video image, some menu about video are disable status, it is normal. I click 'stop' button to stop playing this video, then copy 'drvc.dll' to 'codecs' folder under mplayer folder. I continue click 'play' button to play this video. smplayer display video image, but status of those menu about video are not updated. if I choose open this video again, those menu is ok.

Maybe you need to install the additional codecs package (smplayer_codecs_20071007.exe (http://www.mediafire.com/?jzlj6iw0wls) or windows-essential-20071007.zip (http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/codecs/windows-essential-20071007.zip)). They are not included in the smplayer packages because of licensing problems.

rvm
3rd January 2009, 01:05
New packages for Windows are available:

* smplayer_0.6.6_setup.exe (http://downloads.sourceforge.net/smplayer/smplayer_0.6.6_setup.exe) (includes mplayer svn r28126 from this site (http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php))

* smplayer-0.6.6_without_mplayer.7z (http://downloads.sourceforge.net/smplayer/smplayer-0.6.6_without_mplayer.7z)

* smplayer-portable-0.6.6.7z (http://downloads.sourceforge.net/smplayer/smplayer-portable-0.6.6.7z)

tekNerd
3rd January 2009, 18:23
Hi.
I know SMplayer is only a frontend for mplayer (a very good one, the best), but I was wondering: to pass new settings does have to restart the mplayer everytime?
I understand for video or audio renderer or some other setting like that, but for a subtitle setting or just for going fullscreen?
Am I doing something wrong or this is the normal behavior?
Thank u.

rvm
3rd January 2009, 19:23
Sometimes it's necessary to restart mplayer, but not always. Selecting a different subtitle track doesn't require to restart mplayer but if you change the font then it does. Going fullscreen doesn't require to restart mplayer (unless you have the option to automatically add black borders in fullscreen enabled).

tekNerd
4th January 2009, 01:51
I see.
Thank u for the help.

petran79
4th January 2009, 23:48
What version of Windows are you using? (XP? Vista?)

XP. But it wasnt such a big issue. Uninstalled and installed again and problem solved. Though now when I press select all, only m3u, m3u8 and pls extension are not ticked. Is it because another application locks the file type?

rvm
5th January 2009, 00:16
Probably, but I don't know. The file associations code was written by another person, so I don't know exactly how it works.

I experienced sometimes on Windows Vista that some of the extensions are disabled, so they can't be checked or unchecked, but I never had that problem on Windows XP.

LoRd_MuldeR
5th January 2009, 00:21
I don't think file extensions can be "locked" by an application. Maybe Windows Vista itself doesn't allow certain extension to be associated with a custom application?

Also some applications install an "Agent" which will be running in the background all the time and re-associates the file extensions with their own application as soon as it's changed by another application.

nae1986
6th January 2009, 22:15
The extensions don't look like something Windows would restrict.
I was facing the same problem under Vista SP1.
- UAC disabled
- without "agents" like Winamp to keep file associations

setarip_old
9th January 2009, 22:34
I recently installed the SMPlayer/MPlayer package, so I'm probably overlooking something very obvious:

If I select "Play DVD from harddrive", the movie starts immediately. Is there no way to to access the DVD's menu?

LoRd_MuldeR
9th January 2009, 22:45
I recently installed the SMPlayer/MPlayer package, so I'm probably overlooking something very obvious:

If I select "Play DVD from harddrive", the movie starts immediately. Is there no way to to access the DVD's menu?

MPlayer does not DVD menus. Well, there is "libdvdnav", but I'm not aware of any Windows build of MPlayer with that one enabled.

User SMPlayer's "Browse" menu instead ;)

setarip_old
9th January 2009, 23:09
User SMPlayer's "Browse" menu insteadThat does not provide access to an active version of the DVD menu either...

LoRd_MuldeR
9th January 2009, 23:14
That does not provide access to an active version of the DVD menu either...

No, you can't access the menus from MPlayer. But you can go to any title you need through the "Browse" menu.

Don't forget the MPlayer is a CLI tool after all...

rvm
9th January 2009, 23:28
I'm adding support for dvd menus in smplayer (I hope it will be finished in 0.6.7), but it's necessary a mplayer compiled with dvdnav support and I don't know if there's any in windows... so the current code for dvd menus in smplayer is disabled (not compiled) in windows.

(Linux users can test it as explained here (http://smplayer.berlios.de/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=4291#p4291))

Reimar
9th January 2009, 23:57
I hope to soon apply a change that will build MPlayer with dvdnav by default, no extra changes or libraries necessary.
I'd expect the Windows builds to all have dvdnav support then.

LoRd_MuldeR
9th January 2009, 23:59
I hope to soon apply a change that will build MPlayer with dvdnav by default, no extra changes or libraries necessary.
I'd expect the Windows builds to all have dvdnav support then.

Oh, good news :eek:

setarip_old
10th January 2009, 01:11
@rvm, @Reimar,

I look forward to the changes, as the combined programs are otherwise most impressive ;>}

Milvus
10th January 2009, 02:27
Good news for dvdnav. Most of the time, I like to skip the menus, but with some DVD, it's quite difficult to know the title number of what you want to see. For example, with japanese animes, it look like they just use random numbers to hide the episodes amongst 30+ titles (trailers, bonus material...). No one seem to use the title feature of DVD in any sane way, like with plain old CD audio.

MPlayer and SMPlayer are really the ultimate video players...

mhj911
10th January 2009, 08:47
http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ease_id=600085
In this site, mplayer-ww provide mplayer console version with dvdnav for windows.
length of dvdnav may as well use length of each chapter for correct seek. when play next chapter,use chapter length replace TotalTime length in time. use 'seek time 0' replace 'seek time 2' ,will have max compatibility, especially for DVD or DVDnav play. if first pop-up dvd menu, you will not determine playing status of dvdnav base on timecode for mouse handle,but you will meet 'too many data package' issue, it is resson of DVDnav use '-nocach' parameter.

setarip_old
10th January 2009, 19:17
Why is it that the SMPlayer/MPlayer combination will not play a VC-1 stream directly, but will play that same stream in an MKV wrapper?

LoRd_MuldeR
10th January 2009, 20:34
Why is it that the SMPlayer/MPlayer combination will not play a VC-1 stream directly, but will play that same stream in an MKV wrapper?

Missing demuxer for "raw" VC-1 streams?

I don't know what demuxer MPlayer tries to use (posting your log may help), but you could try enforcing the "lavf" or "rawvideo" demuxer (depending on what is used currently).

In SMPlayer you can do that in the "File properties" dialog on the "Demuxer" tab...

rvm
11th January 2009, 13:20
I've just compiled the svn version with the code for dvd menus enabled:
smplayer_update_svn_r2661.7z (ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/smplayer/windows/smplayer_update_svn_r2661.7z)

But I couldn't test it, I don't have any mplayer build for windows with dvdnav support.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ease_id=600085
In this site, mplayer-ww provide mplayer console version with dvdnav for windows.

I'm afraid that link is wrong :(

Reimar
11th January 2009, 15:14
smplayer_update_svn_r2661.7z (ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/smplayer/windows/smplayer_update_svn_r2661.7z)

But I couldn't test it, I don't have any mplayer build for windows with dvdnav support.

You could try this binary:
http://natsuki.mplayerhq.hu/~reimar/mplayer.exe
WARNING: only use it for testing dvdnav, it is compiled against old versions of FreeType etc. that probably have security issues!
Also, MinGW was not patched, so it will have issues with seeking in files > 2GB (which might also cause issues for dvdnav, it worked fine for my DVDs as far as I tested though).

LoRd_MuldeR
11th January 2009, 18:39
You could try this binary:
http://natsuki.mplayerhq.hu/~reimar/mplayer.exe
WARNING: only use it for testing dvdnav, it is compiled against old versions of FreeType etc. that probably have security issues!
Also, MinGW was not patched, so it will have issues with seeking in files > 2GB (which might also cause issues for dvdnav, it worked fine for my DVDs as far as I tested though).

Can't get that build to work with SMPlayer, because I either get

Unknown option on the command line: -ass
Error parsing option on the command line: -ass
-or-
Unknown option on the command line: -noass
Error parsing option on the command line: -noass

Any chance to tell SMPlayer to not pass "-(no)ass" at all? :confused:

LoRd_MuldeR
11th January 2009, 18:44
I also tried from the commandline and the video window will pop up for ~2 seconds. Then MPlayer will exit :(

C:\Program Files (x86)\MPlayer for Windows>mplayer_dvdnav.exe -dvd-device g:\ dvd://

MPlayer dev-SVN-r28298-3.4.5 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz (Family: 6, Model: 15, Step
ping: 7)
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx SSE SSE2

Playing dvd://.
libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.9 for DVD access
libdvdread: Couldn't find device name.
There are 11 titles on this DVD.
There are 1 angles in this DVD title.
audio stream: 0 format: ac3 (stereo) language: de aid: 128.
number of audio channels on disk: 1.
subtitle ( sid ): 0 language: de
number of subtitles on disk: 1
MPEG-PS file format detected.
MPEG: No audio stream found -> no sound.
VIDEO: MPEG2 720x576 (aspect 2) 25.000 fps 8000.0 kbps (1000.0 kbyte/s)
Opening video decoder: [mpegpes] MPEG 1/2 Video passthrough
VDec: vo config request - 720 x 576 (preferred colorspace: Mpeg PES)
The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.
Selected video codec: [ffmpeg2] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG-2)
Audio: no sound
Starting playback...
VDec: vo config request - 720 x 576 (preferred colorspace: Planar YV12)
VO: [direct3d] 720x576 => 768x576 Planar YV12
[mpeg2video @ 0pab8d10]ac-tex damaged at 22 4
[mpeg2video @ 0pab8d10]Warning MVs not available
[mpeg2video @ 0pab8d10]concealing 1440 DC, 1440 AC, 1440 MV errors

Exiting... (End of file)

[EDIT]

Same problem happens with another DVD ...

[EDIT 2.0]

D'oh! It was my mistake of course. I need to use "dvdnav://" instead of "dvd://" :D

Works just fine with one of my DVD's now. With another one it freezes as soon as I select a menu item.

Also I noticed that the "direct3d" renderer has wrong menu positions, the "directx" renderer crashed and the "gl" renderer worked okay.

BTW: Is mouse menu support possible/planned ???

Reimar
11th January 2009, 21:06
Unknown option on the command line: -ass

Sorry, I forgot to even build with freetype support, I uploaded a new version.
Download again, I guess it will work though.
Would be nice if SMPlayer could work without it, on some strange systems it can be quite difficult to compile libfreetype (which is nessary for ASS support).

Also I noticed that the "direct3d" renderer has wrong menu positions, the "directx" renderer crashed and the "gl" renderer worked okay.

directx hasn't crashed for me, weird. The direct3d issue is known, I fixed gl only about a day or two ago, before it had the same one.

BTW: Is mouse menu support possible/planned ???

-mouse-movements
You might have to hold the CTRL for mouse-clicks to work (I guess/hope that's not an issue when running from SMPlayer).

LoRd_MuldeR
11th January 2009, 21:20
Sorry, I forgot to even build with freetype support, I uploaded a new version.
Download again, I guess it will work though.
Would be nice if SMPlayer could work without it, on some strange systems it can be quite difficult to compile libfreetype (which is nessary for ASS support).

Thank you! Now I need to get SMPlayer to use "dvdnav://" instead of "dvd://" :p

You might have to hold the CTRL for mouse-clicks to work

Unfortunately MPlayer stops responding as soon as I press CTRL once...

rvm
11th January 2009, 21:47
Any chance to tell SMPlayer to not pass "-(no)ass" at all? :confused:

Yes, disable the "Freetype support" option in Preferences -> Subtitles.

LoRd_MuldeR
11th January 2009, 21:55
Yes, disable the "Freetype support" option in Preferences -> Subtitles.

Thanks. But with Reimar's latest build "-no(ass)" is working okay.

However SMPlayer still passes "dvd://" instead of "dvdnav://", so dvdnav is not currently used.

Do I miss something or is it not implemented yet?

rvm
11th January 2009, 21:59
You need at least r2660. Then:

* go to Preferences->Keyboard and mouse->Mouse and select "Activate option in DVD menus" for the left mouse button (so you can select the options in the menus with the mouse)
* go to Preferences->Drives and check the option "Enable DVD menus"

Edit: I've just tried with Reimar's build and it seems to work (more or less) ok.

http://e.imagehost.org/t/0598/dvdmenus.jpg (http://e.imagehost.org/view/0598/dvdmenus)

LoRd_MuldeR
11th January 2009, 22:29
You need at least r2660. Then:

* go to Preferences->Keyboard and mouse->Mouse and select "Activate option in DVD menus" for the left mouse button (so you can select the options in the menus with the mouse)
* go to Preferences->Drives and check the option "Enable DVD menus"

I see!

Edit: I've just tried with Reimar's build and it seems to work (more or less) ok.

Yup, agreed :D

I only noticed that the "highlight" doesn't move when I move the mouse cursor over a menu button. Always remains on first button.

BTW: I think the left mouse button should be assigned to "Enable DVD menus" by default now.

Definitely a great step forward for MPlayer :thanks:

rvm
11th January 2009, 22:34
I only noticed that the "highlight" doesn't move when I move the mouse cursor over a menu button. Always remains on first button.

Yes, it will be fixed.

(There are a lot of issues still to fix)

BTW, the "highlight" doesn't appear in the correct position if using direct3d. The same happens in linux with x11. I guess this is a bug in mplayer.

BTW: I think the left mouse button should be assigned to "Enable DVD menus" by default now.

It will be.

LoRd_MuldeR
11th January 2009, 22:42
BTW, the "highlight" doesn't appear in the correct position if using direct3d. The same happens in linux with x11. I guess this is a bug in mplayer.

Yup. Reimer said that it's known problem and he recently fixed it for the GL renderer.

BTW: Opening a DVD still takes ~20 seconds, so maybe a loading screen (or at least a message in the statusbar) would be nice :)

People may think (S)MPlayer is hanging...

mhj911
12th January 2009, 06:13

I'm afraid that link is wrong :(

sorry, correct link is http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=210480&package_id=276557&release_id=600085
ower of mplayer-ww package mplayer svn27654 with dvdnav and smplayer.

if you want to only use mouse to select dvd menu entry when only dvd menu appear, but in playing mouse function keep original function. it is a bit difficult, because have no mplayer status is very good for determine what is dvdnav menu status.
for some DVD disc, may meet issue ,such as "Too many video packets in the buffer: (4096 in 8255500 bytes).
Maybe you are playing a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed?
For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option.". in this time, handle of dvdnav menu will be very slow.
use reimar/mplayer.exe with dx,d3d,gl,gl2
hightlight is correct with dx,gl,gl2
http://i.namipan.com/files/a88d1917834d3fead0463326592039092a1aa65d04f2000008cd/0/dx_gl%282%29.JPG
postion of hightlight is a littlt issue with d3d.
http://i.namipan.com/files/5ecd606eca9fa84935f15f1c37254487a35ed1856a220100305b/0/d3d.JPG

rvm
12th January 2009, 13:28
sorry, correct link is http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=210480&package_id=276557&release_id=600085

Thanks for the link.

if you want to only use mouse to select dvd menu entry when only dvd menu appear, but in playing mouse function keep original function. it is a bit difficult, because have no mplayer status is very good for determine what is dvdnav menu status.

Yes, I realized that currently mplayer doesn't make things easy for GUI's when using dvdnav. I'm missing above all that mplayer would report when a dvd title is changed, the length of the new title or if the the dvd menu is shown.

BTW, new update: smplayer_update_svn_r2670.7z (ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/smplayer/windows/smplayer_update_svn_r2670.7z). Now the highlight changes when the mouse is moved.

Reimar
12th January 2009, 13:49
Yes, I realized that currently mplayer doesn't make things easy for GUI's when using dvdnav.

IMO it is not just GUI support, dvdnav support is generally very unpolished. I guess most people use it either only "in emergencies" like I do or not at all because their binaries did not support it, at least that's how I interpret the lack of bug reports despite the many bugs.
I hope that at least more builds will include it now that it gets compiled-in by default without having to compile libdvd* separately first.

mhj911
13th January 2009, 09:28
smplayer_update_svn_r2670.7z can use mouse to select dvdnav menu entry.mplayer should output chapters,angles,titles info. not all dvdnav menu include these info or setting. i remember mplayer version at when i writer dvdnav of mpui(2008-09-10), if use dvdnav://,mplayer first display dvdnav menu,but mplayer will not output chapters info and chapters length. if use dvdnav://+titleID, will directly play corresponding title, mplayer will output all title,chapters,angle info as you use dvd://. if you have no time info, timecode and length of totaltime maybe wrong, seekbar is base on timecode and totaltime. because it, front have no menu entry about dvd chapters and angles. current mplayer don't output these info. in this way, we don't handle dvdnav through menu of front:(. In result, mpui will out of chapters menu entry bound:( ,because mplayer don't output chapters info and length of chapters:(

mhj911
13th January 2009, 19:41
i borrow original japanese animation DVD, mplayer dvdnav can output info about chapters,titles. Another one of my dvd,
mplayer can't output info about chapters,titles. in result, Failed to create chapters menu. This is too strange.
命令行:
E:\software\PlaySoft\mplayer28298.exe -nogui -noconsolecontrols -slave
-identify -noquiet -nofs -term-osd-esc "[Fenny8248] " -hr-mp3-seek
-subalign 1 -spualign 1 -sub-fuzziness 1 -subfont-autoscale 2
-subfont-osd-scale 4.8 -subfont-text-scale 4.5 -subfont-outline 2
-subfont-blur 2 -priority abovenormal -colorkey 0x101010 -nokeepaspect
-wid 1903388 -double -font C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\SIMSUN.TTC -autoq 10
-vf-add pp -subcp CP936 -monitoraspect 1024:768 -subpos 96 -vf-add
screenshot -nocache -dvd-device F: dvdnav://1

Syntax error in font desc: ttcfCannot load bitmap font: C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\SIMSUN.TTC

Playing dvdnav://1.
libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version MPlayer-custom
NAME OPEN FAILED
libdvdnav: Unable to find home directorylibdvdnav: DVD disk reports itself with Region mask 0x00000000. Regions: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
libdvdnav: Language 'en' not found, using '' instead
libdvdnav: Menu Languages available: 
Title: ''
ID_DVD_TITLE_1_LENGTH=74029.800
TITLE 1, CHAPTERS: 00:24:24,00:48:48,01:12:58,01:37:07,02:01:32,02:25:41,02:49:51,03:13:59,03:38:09,04:02:18,04:26:33,04:50:42,
05:14:51,05:39:16,06:03:25,06:27:35,06:51:44,07:15:53,07:40:02,08:04:12,08:28:21,08:52:30,09:16:40,09:40:49,10:05:14,
10:29:08,10:53:02,11:16:57,11:41:22,12:05:31,12:29:40,12:53:49,13:17:58,13:42:07,14:06:16,14:30:25,14:54:50,15:18:59,
15:43:09,16:07:19,16:31:29,16:55:38,17:20:03,17:44:27,18:08:51,18:33:01,18:57:11,19:21:21,19:45:31,20:09:25,20:33:49,
audio stream: 0 format: mpeg2ext (stereo) language: ?? aid: 0.
INIT ERROR: couldn't get init pos New position not yet determined.

Remember to disable MPlayer's cache when playing dvdnav:// streams (adding -nocache to your command line)

DVDNAV, switched to title: 1

ID_VIDEO_ID=0
dvdnav_stream, seeking to 134294766570905600 failed: <NULL>
ID_AUDIO_ID=0
VIDEO: MPEG2 352x288 (aspect 2) 25.000 fps 1500.0 kbps (187.5 kbyte/s)
ID_FILENAME=dvdnav://1
ID_DEMUXER=mpegps
ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=0x10000002
ID_VIDEO_BITRATE=1500000
ID_VIDEO_WIDTH=352
ID_VIDEO_HEIGHT=288
ID_VIDEO_FPS=25.000
ID_VIDEO_ASPECT=0.0000
ID_AUDIO_FORMAT=80
ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=0
ID_AUDIO_RATE=0
ID_AUDIO_NCH=0
ID_LENGTH=4273553.38
ID_SEEKABLE=1
ID_CHAPTERS=51
Opening video filter: [pp]
VDec: vo config request - 352 x 288 (preferred colorspace: Mpeg PES)
[PP] Using external postprocessing filter, max q = 6.

libdvdread: Attempting to retrieve all CSS keys
libdvdread: This can take a _long_ time, please be patient

libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.VOB at 0x00000237
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB at 0x000004e8
libdvdread: Found 1 VTS's
ID_VIDEO_CODEC=ffmpeg2
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 96.0 kbit/6.25% (ratio: 12000->192000)
ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=96000
ID_AUDIO_RATE=48000
ID_AUDIO_NCH=2
ID_AUDIO_CODEC=mp3
Starting playback...
VDec: vo config request - 352 x 288 (preferred colorspace: Planar YV12)
ID_VIDEO_ASPECT=1.3333
SwScaler: reducing / aligning filtersize 5 -> 4
(last message repeated 1 times)
[swscaler @ 0pc863dc]BICUBIC scaler, from yuv420p to rgb24 using MMX2
[swscaler @ 0pc863dc]using 4-tap MMX scaler for horizontal luminance scaling
[swscaler @ 0pc863dc]using 4-tap MMX scaler for horizontal chrominance scaling
[swscaler @ 0pc863dc]using n-tap MMX scaler for vertical scaling (BGR)
[swscaler @ 0pc863dc]352x288 -> 384x288
VO: [directx] 352x288 => 384x288 Planar YV12

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
命令行:
E:\software\PlaySoft\mplayer28298.exe -nogui -noconsolecontrols -slave
-identify -noquiet -nofs -term-osd-esc "[Fenny8248] " -hr-mp3-seek
-subalign 1 -spualign 1 -sub-fuzziness 1 -subfont-autoscale 2
-subfont-osd-scale 4.8 -subfont-text-scale 4.5 -subfont-outline 2
-subfont-blur 2 -priority abovenormal -colorkey 0x101010 -nokeepaspect
-wid 1903388 -double -font C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\SIMSUN.TTC -autoq 10
-vf-add pp -subcp CP936 -monitoraspect 1024:768 -subpos 96 -vf-add
screenshot -nocache -dvd-device F: dvdnav://1

Syntax error in font desc: ttcfCannot load bitmap font: C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\SIMSUN.TTC

Playing dvdnav://1.
libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version MPlayer-custom
NAME OPEN FAILED
libdvdnav: Unable to find home directorylibdvdnav: DVD disk reports itself with Region mask 0x00000000. Regions: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Title: ''
ID_DVD_TITLE_1_LENGTH=35.200
TITLE 1, CHAPTERS: 00:00:35,
audio stream: 0 format: mpeg2ext (stereo) language: ?? aid: 0.

libdvdread: Attempting to retrieve all CSS keys
libdvdread: This can take a _long_ time, please be patient

libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.VOB at 0x00000123
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.VOB at 0x00001db9
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB at 0x00003a3f
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_0.VOB at 0x000049c8
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_1.VOB at 0x0000664e
libdvdread: Found 2 VTS's
INIT ERROR: couldn't get init pos New position not yet determined.

Remember to disable MPlayer's cache when playing dvdnav:// streams (adding -nocache to your command line)

ID_VIDEO_ID=0
ID_AUDIO_ID=0
VIDEO: MPEG2 720x576 (aspect 2) 25.000 fps 2000.0 kbps (250.0 kbyte/s)
ID_FILENAME=dvdnav://1
ID_DEMUXER=mpegps
ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=0x10000002
ID_VIDEO_BITRATE=2000000
ID_VIDEO_WIDTH=720
ID_VIDEO_HEIGHT=576
ID_VIDEO_FPS=25.000
ID_VIDEO_ASPECT=0.0000
ID_AUDIO_FORMAT=80
ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=0
ID_AUDIO_RATE=0
ID_AUDIO_NCH=0
ID_LENGTH=35.20
ID_SEEKABLE=1
ID_CHAPTERS=1
Opening video filter: [pp]
VDec: vo config request - 720 x 576 (preferred colorspace: Mpeg PES)
ID_VIDEO_CODEC=ffmpeg2
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 224.0 kbit/14.58% (ratio: 28000->192000)
ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=224000
ID_AUDIO_RATE=48000
ID_AUDIO_NCH=2
ID_AUDIO_CODEC=mp3
Starting playback...
VDec: vo config request - 720 x 576 (preferred colorspace: Planar YV12)
ID_VIDEO_ASPECT=1.3333
(last message repeated 1 times)
[swscaler @ 0pc863dc]BICUBIC scaler, from yuv420p to rgb24 using MMX2
[swscaler @ 0pc863dc]using 4-tap MMX scaler for horizontal luminance scaling
[swscaler @ 0pc863dc]using 4-tap MMX scaler for horizontal chrominance scaling
[swscaler @ 0pc863dc]using n-tap MMX scaler for vertical scaling (BGR)
[swscaler @ 0pc863dc]720x576 -> 768x576
VO: [directx] 720x576 => 768x576 Planar YV12
[mpeg2video @ 0pbd68b0]ac-tex damaged at 0 8
[mpeg2video @ 0pbd68b0]Warning MVs not available
[mpeg2video @ 0pbd68b0]concealing 1260 DC, 1260 AC, 1260 MV errors

ID_SUBTITLE_ID=0
ID_AUDIO_ID=160

Too many video packets in the buffer: (4096 in 8253555 bytes).
For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option.
DVDNAV, switched to title: 2

Too many video packets in the buffer: (4096 in 8259550 bytes).
For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option.
DVDNAV, switched to title: 2

ID_AUDIO_ID=1
VDec: vo config request - 352 x 288 (preferred colorspace: Planar YV12)
ID_VIDEO_ASPECT=1.3333
VO: [directx] 352x288 => 384x288 Planar YV12

rvm
14th January 2009, 03:06
Well, it seems my support for dvd menus has finished for the moment. Currently mplayer has a lot of issues/limitations when using dvdnav, and I'm afraid I can't do anything else.

Some of the problems I found:

* it seems there's no way to know the current title that it's playing. MPlayer prints a line like this "DVDNAV, switched to title: 1" but unfortunately the title number that appears there may not match the title IDs that mplayer printed before (it may say "switched to title 2" but the actual title may be the 12th :( ). As smplayer doesn't know the title, restoring the previous position after a mplayer restart is impossible.
* when seeking the subtitles disappear.
* if the audio track is changed, when you return to the dvd menu the sound may be lost (while printing a lot of error messages "Too many video packets in the buffer").

mhj911
14th January 2009, 06:03
for mutil-Level dvdnav menu, mplayer often output info , such as "DVDNAV, switched to title: 2", and Pop-up same info on many occasions. Actually,mplayer still in dvdnav menu, title number is often wrong. for one title style,i can support it very good. after into menu,then it is difficult to decide mplayer's status. dvdnav support "switch_title" command, but don't output info about chapters:(
if dvdnav don't repeat output same info in the process of using the dvdnav menu, we can disassemble multi-titles to one title, then use dvdnav://+TID, mplayer will output all chapters info about this title. in this way, we can very good to support multi-titles dvd with dvdnav.
current mplayer version use endTime of chapter to describe length of chapter, previous mplayer version use startTime of chapter to describe length of chapter. it don't need to use totle time - lastChapterTime.

because have no a clear status, in order to retain the 'click video to pause' function, i also had to give up show dvdnav menu function first:(

rvm
12th March 2009, 19:09
SMPlayer 0.6.7 released:

Most important changes since 0.6.6:

* Added experimental (and uncomplete) support for dvd menus. Requires a mplayer build compiled with dvdnav support. Please read dvdmenus.txt to know how to enable it.
* Now loading an external subtitle file doesn't require to restart the mplayer process (except for idx/sub subtitles).
* (Playlist) When a file is added to the playlist, if it was already in the list, it's moved to the end of the list.
* Options for mplayer: finally spaces in arguments between quotes are handled properly.
* Added two options (in the audio and subtitle menus) to allow the user to enter the audio and subtitle delay (in milliseconds).
* (ASS subtitles) The outline and shadow options now accept values with decimals.
* (ASS subtitles) Possibility to change the color of the border and shadow.
* Now the default value for the "correct pts" option is auto.
* (Windows) Now the screensaver is allowed to turn on if the file is paused or it's an audio file.
* (Windows) The direct3d video output is now the default for Windows Vista.

Downloads:

fastplayer
27th March 2009, 23:14
I've noticed that SMPlayer Portable created a bunch of reg keys under HKCU\Software\Trolltech. They belong to the Qt GUI library that SMP uses, I guess. Can this be suppressed?

rvm
28th March 2009, 03:25
I've looked at some of the Qt sources (qfiledialog.cpp, qcolordialog.cpp) and it seems there's no way to disable it :(

fastplayer
28th March 2009, 10:54
I've exported the registry key, maybe this can help narrowing down the files that are responsible for it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?dvtdxdofgzy

rvm
28th March 2009, 11:48
I'm afraid that file doesn't help, this is what I've got when I try to see it:

http://f.imagehost.org/t/0102/reg.jpg (http://f.imagehost.org/view/0102/reg)

fastplayer
28th March 2009, 11:55

http://f.imagehost.org/t/0102/reg.jpg (http://f.imagehost.org/view/0102/reg)
That's weird. Opens just fine here. Probably some encoding issue.
I'll just post the keys right here:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trolltech]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trolltech\OrganizationDefaults]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trolltech\OrganizationDefaults\Qt Factory Cache 4.4]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trolltech\OrganizationDefaults\Qt Factory Cache 4.4\com.trolltech.Qt.QImageIOHandlerFactoryInterface:]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trolltech\OrganizationDefaults\Qt Factory Cache 4.4\com.trolltech.Qt.QImageIOHandlerFactoryInterface:\D:]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trolltech\OrganizationDefaults\Qt Factory Cache 4.4\com.trolltech.Qt.QImageIOHandlerFactoryInterface:\D:\Apps]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trolltech\OrganizationDefaults\Qt Factory Cache 4.4\com.trolltech.Qt.QImageIOHandlerFactoryInterface:\D:\Apps\Player]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trolltech\OrganizationDefaults\Qt Factory Cache 4.4\com.trolltech.Qt.QImageIOHandlerFactoryInterface:\D:\Apps\Player\SMPlayer]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trolltech\OrganizationDefaults\Qt Factory Cache 4.4\com.trolltech.Qt.QImageIOHandlerFactoryInterface:\D:\Apps\Player\SMPlayer\imageformats]
"qjpeg4.dll"=hex(7):32,00,30,00,30,00,38,00,2d,00,30,00,39,00,2d,00,31,00,31,\
00,54,00,31,00,39,00,3a,00,33,00,34,00,3a,00,35,00,30,00,00,00,6a,00,70,00,\
65,00,67,00,00,00,6a,00,70,00,67,00,00,00,00,00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trolltech\OrganizationDefaults\Qt Plugin Cache 4.4.false]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trolltech\OrganizationDefaults\Qt Plugin Cache 4.4.false\D:]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trolltech\OrganizationDefaults\Qt Plugin Cache 4.4.false\D:\Apps]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trolltech\OrganizationDefaults\Qt Plugin Cache 4.4.false\D:\Apps\Player]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trolltech\OrganizationDefaults\Qt Plugin Cache 4.4.false\D:\Apps\Player\SMPlayer]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trolltech\OrganizationDefaults\Qt Plugin Cache 4.4.false\D:\Apps\Player\SMPlayer\imageformats]
"qjpeg4.dll"=hex(7):34,00,30,00,34,00,30,00,32,00,00,00,30,00,00,00,57,00,69,\
00,6e,00,64,00,6f,00,77,00,73,00,20,00,6d,00,69,00,6e,00,67,00,77,00,20,00,\
72,00,65,00,6c,00,65,00,61,00,73,00,65,00,20,00,66,00,75,00,6c,00,6c,00,2d,\
00,63,00,6f,00,6e,00,66,00,69,00,67,00,00,00,32,00,30,00,30,00,38,00,2d,00,\
30,00,39,00,2d,00,31,00,31,00,54,00,31,00,39,00,3a,00,33,00,34,00,3a,00,35,\

rvm
28th March 2009, 12:04
I remembered that qfiledialog uses the windows native dialog. So what I said previously about it is wrong. It doesn't save anything to the registry (as far as I know).

According to the registry entries you pasted, the problem seems related to the plugin qjpeg4.dll. Delete that file (in the imageformats folder) and see if that solves the problem.

fastplayer
28th March 2009, 12:08
I remembered that qfiledialog uses the windows native dialog. So what I said previously about it is wrong. It doesn't save anything to the registry (as far as I know).

According to the registry entries you pasted, the problem seems related to the plugin qjpeg4.dll. Delete that file (in the imageformats folder) and see if that solves the problem.
Yep, this solved it. What is the file actually for?

rvm
28th March 2009, 12:11
Yep, this solved it. What is the file actually for?

Allows smplayer to read/write jpeg files. Currently only used for the video preview option. Anyway it could work without it, using png files instead.

fastplayer
28th March 2009, 12:16
Allows smplayer to read/write jpeg files. Currently only used for the video preview option. Anyway it could work without it, using png files instead.
Thanks for the quick response! :thanks:

Edit: Previews work just fine with PNGs like you mentioned. JPEG does not appear in the drop down menu.

Reimar
28th March 2009, 15:45

That file is in UCS-2/UTF-16 (thanks to the Windows developers for choosing the format of least convenience there - SCNR), the FF FE at the start is the byte-order marking.
It should work with vim, at least if the "fileencodings" variable contains "ucs-bom" and e.g. kate can display it when you set encoding to UCS-2 or UTF-16 manually.
EDIT: "cat Qt.reg" shows it in a quite readable way, too.

fastplayer
31st March 2009, 16:21
2 issues:
- If you play a video in a maximized window, and press the play button again after it has finished playing, the window will minimize itself back to the default size.
- Is it possible that the mouse button doesn't disappear when playing a video in a maximized window? If not, can you at least increase the time until the mouse disappears?

rvm
31st March 2009, 22:49
2 issues:
- If you play a video in a maximized window, and press the play button again after it has finished playing, the window will minimize itself back to the default size.

This happens if you have the option "Autoresize" set to "Whenever it's needed" (Preferences -> Interface). If you set to "Never" or "Only after loading a new video" it won't happen.

- Is it possible that the mouse button doesn't disappear when playing a video in a maximized window? If not, can you at least increase the time until the mouse disappears?

I guess I could increase the time. Or better, make it configurable.

fastplayer
1st April 2009, 07:56
This happens if you have the option "Autoresize" set to "Whenever it's needed" (Preferences -> Interface). If you set to "Never" or "Only after loading a new video" it won't happen.
Ouch, I missed that option :o
I guess I could increase the time. Or better, make it configurable.
The cursor even disappears when no video is loaded and when the window is not maximized which makes it even more uncommon...

By the way, have you taken a look at Kovensky's MPlayer builds (http://kovensky.project357.com/)?

avih
1st April 2009, 13:44
Feature request: toolbar button: toggle monitor aspect ratio.

My setup is dual screen (LCD monitor and Plasma display attached for films). Whenever I move the video window from one display to the other, I have to change the monitor aspect ratio because the plasma is not PAR 1:1 while the monitor is (I usually just change the video AR to fit because it's more accessible than display AR). Automatic toggle depending on the current display would, of course, be welcome (with option to define each monitor's AR), but toggle button (or even a menu checkbox like the SAA lib) would be probably easier to implement.

rvm
2nd April 2009, 10:31
The cursor even disappears when no video is loaded and when the window is not maximized which makes it even more uncommon...

In svn r2934 (ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/smplayer/windows/smplayer_update_svn_r2934.7z) the mouse cursor will only be hidden when playing.

By the way, have you taken a look at Kovensky's MPlayer builds (http://kovensky.project357.com/)?

I did, but it had the problem of creating the font cache every time. Although according to its site, the problem may be fixed now.

rvm
2nd April 2009, 10:32
Feature request: toolbar button: toggle monitor aspect ratio.

My setup is dual screen (LCD monitor and Plasma display attached for films). Whenever I move the video window from one display to the other, I have to change the monitor aspect ratio because the plasma is not PAR 1:1 while the monitor is (I usually just change the video AR to fit because it's more accessible than display AR). Automatic toggle depending on the current display would, of course, be welcome (with option to define each monitor's AR), but toggle button (or even a menu checkbox like the SAA lib) would be probably easier to implement.

I'll try.

fastplayer
2nd April 2009, 10:45
In svn r2934 (ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/smplayer/windows/smplayer_update_svn_r2934.7z) the mouse cursor will only be hidden when playing.
Appreciated! :thanks:
I get this error though when starting SMPlayer.exe:
http://f.imagehost.org/0060/New_Bitmap_Image.png
I did, but it had the problem of creating the font cache every time. Although according to its site, the problem may be fixed now.
Even with "-nofontconfig" as parameter?