PDA

View Full Version : Backup hddvd and IME

guile
17th January 2007, 18:09
First, want to say big thanks to Muslix for this. A GREAT way to protect my investment!

A few things. I understand that Backuphddvd has issues with IME. So far, I have backed up my copies of Training Day and Swordfish and there seem to be no issues whatsoever. No synch issues, no blocking nothing other then perfect playback.

I did, however run into a problem when I attempted to backup Batman Begins. Basically, it just crashes the player and won't even load. All special features load with no problem but the main feature won't work (both .evob's crash player, using Powerdvd 6.5). Another strange problem with Superman Returns. Although the first feautre .evob is perfect, when I start the 2nd .evob of the feature, I get a severe hissing sound in 5.1. I have to revert the player to 2.0 and all is well.

So far, I have successfully backed up my copies of

Superman
Superman 2
The Thing
Swordfish
Training Day

And they all work fine.

blizc
17th January 2007, 20:39
Yes they do work fine. I made a mistake the first time reporting it. Just wanted to set the record straight so there is no more confusion. As some posters suggested, IME would cause distortion in video and audio. NOT a completely black screen. Crashing players I haven't experienced. We need more feedback on this issue.

bob0r
17th January 2007, 22:19
check http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/ for IME or other possible "bad" features.

guile
18th January 2007, 15:53
I think it would probably be a good idea to list any and all bugs on a per title basis. As this does relate to decrypting (possibly, it may just be ime or something similar), I think it should be posted here.

Quite a few titles that with posted keys do in fact have IME. I think this info will help people decide whether they should waste their time decrypting a particular HD-DVD from their collection (example, if I would have known Batman Begins would NOT work, I wouldn't have attempted to decrypt it).

It would be helpful to post software and perhaps playback rig (which may also contribute to playback issues).

My setup
AMD Dual Core 5000+
Asus 6800GT
2 Gig Ram
Powerdvd 6.5

My results thus far;

Training Day (First .evo plays fine, no glitches no issues, however when I playback 2nd .evo file, 5.1 is not possible resulting in a very loud hissing sound)

Superman Returns (same as above)

Batman Begins (Main Feature crashes player, both .evo's are unplayable)

Superman The Movie (Haven't watched the entire film, but both .evo files do play in full 5.1)

Superman 2: Donner Cut (Same as above, I will report back after I watch entire film)

Swordfish (Perfect playback from beginning to end)

jokin
18th January 2007, 16:39
Superman Returns - Both EVOs play fine with 5.1 for me

guile
18th January 2007, 16:48

I will assume then it is most likely the player as I am using Power DVD and I believe you are using Windvd. I would imagine the same for Training Day then. I have to get a copy of Windvd to play with it and report back. I also want to start my own key search for several titles in my collection.

jokin
18th January 2007, 16:51

evdberg
18th January 2007, 18:41
Just wondering, but when you guys backup a HD-DVD to HDD, you also copy the rest of the files to HDD (and in the proper directory structure)? Because if you only copy EVO files, it's like having VOB files without the IFO files (comparing to DVD). And if you play an interleaved VOB file directly in PowerDVD, you also get a very weird effect. You need to play HD-DVD from HDD, and not the separate EVO files.

2bigkings
18th January 2007, 19:07
with powerdvd you can play only EVO files from HDD! it doesn't accept complete HD-DVDs. we have to wait for a software that accepts "play hd-dvd from hdd"

btw: i'm searching for a hd-dvd authoring software that works with virtual drives

evdberg
18th January 2007, 19:30
with powerdvd you can play only EVO files from HDD!

Strange ... you say that the option 'Play HD-DVD from HD' does not work? I really need to setup my test environment so I can test stuff myself properly !

2bigkings
18th January 2007, 19:36
you can put the other files like *.map.. also in your playlist in powerdvd but it doesn't change something (still no navigation menu in mi2 for me). it plays only the evo files.

that's why im searching a software for a virtual HD-DVD Drive, so i can put all files together and try to play it with powerdvd ultra

blizc
18th January 2007, 19:41
The second feature .evo for Training Day works perfectly for me. Why do we get differrent results. Hmm... Do you use PowerDVD 7.2 ? That's my evo player.

I think it would probably be a good idea to list any and all bugs on a per title basis. As this does relate to decrypting (possibly, it may just be ime or something similar), I think it should be posted here.

Quite a few titles that with posted keys do in fact have IME. I think this info will help people decide whether they should waste their time decrypting a particular HD-DVD from their collection (example, if I would have known Batman Begins would NOT work, I wouldn't have attempted to decrypt it).

It would be helpful to post software and perhaps playback rig (which may also contribute to playback issues).

My setup
AMD Dual Core 5000+
Asus 6800GT
2 Gig Ram
Powerdvd 6.5

My results thus far;

Training Day (First .evo plays fine, no glitches no issues, however when I playback 2nd .evo file, 5.1 is not possible resulting in a very loud hissing sound)

Superman Returns (same as above)

Batman Begins (Main Feature crashes player, both .evo's are unplayable)

Superman The Movie (Haven't watched the entire film, but both .evo files do play in full 5.1)

Superman 2: Donner Cut (Same as above, I will report back after I watch entire film)

Swordfish (Perfect playback from beginning to end)

evdberg
18th January 2007, 19:41
Instead of choosing the playlist, you should choose 'Play HD-DVD from HD' mode ... well, I won't repeat myself anymore ...

2bigkings
18th January 2007, 19:42
The second feature .evo for Training Day works perfectly for me. Why do we get differrent results. Hmm... Do you use PowerDVD 7.2 ? That's my evo player.

he's using powerdvd 6.5 (look at his setup)
perhaps thats the problem

blizc
Yep looks like it.

2bigkings
there is no option for "play hd-dvd from hd" sorry

evdberg
18th January 2007, 19:45
I am not going into that discussion ... it's there.

2bigkings
18th January 2007, 19:50
i got only a option "play DVD files from HD", perhaps you using powerdvd 6.5? i use powerdvd ultra

evdberg
18th January 2007, 19:50
Yes, I use V6.5, because V7.2 is bitching that my video driver is not OK. It wants the ATI Catalyst driver, but that doesn't work on an iMac ...

2bigkings
18th January 2007, 19:52
7.2 works fine for me, but now i try the whole thing with 6.5 thanks. but i think i can't install 2 powerdvd versions or?
i tell you more later, perhaps it works..

guile
18th January 2007, 22:14

Judging by some other responses, I'm sure that is it. I just tried to install 7.2 Ultra but it reverted to Blu Ray ONLY. I will give it another shot and see what's up.

Btw, speaking of Powerdvd, is that the player most are using for their .evo files?...or is it Windvd??

guile
18th January 2007, 22:16
Instead of choosing the playlist, you should choose 'Play HD-DVD from HD' mode ... well, I won't repeat myself anymore ...

Eventhough the option is there (at least in 6.5) it does NOT work. I have moved all other files into the directory with the .evo files and nothing, nada zilch, won't work.

evdberg
18th January 2007, 22:18
Eventhough the option is there (at least in 6.5) it does NOT work. I have moved all other files into the directory with the .evo files and nothing, nada zilch, won't work.
You have to keep the filestructure the same as on the original disk, but maybe because the encryption is removed, some other files have to be changed as well. I will try it myself as soon as I can ...

And by the way, how do you know that the option does not work if you even do not know whether the option is there?

guile
18th January 2007, 22:19
You have to keep the filestructure the same as on the original disk, but maybe because the encryption is removed, some other files have to be changed as well. I will try it myself as soon as I can ...

I thought exactly the same thing. Since it (.evo files) have been decrypted, the structure is now changed.

Omnius
18th January 2007, 22:56
In 6.5, it is two separate options for DVD and HD-DVD, and HD-DVD never worked for me no matter what I tried (only tried decrypted files). In 7.2 Ultra only one option shows up, I forget the exact wording (at work at the moment), but I got the impression it was one option that would work for both DVD and HD-DVD. I was also never able to get it to work on a decrypted HD-DVD, I do not know about encrypted discs copied to the drive.

DJN8B
18th January 2007, 22:57
Judging by some other responses, I'm sure that is it. I just tried to install 7.2 Ultra but it reverted to Blu Ray ONLY. I will give it another shot and see what's up.
Try reinstalling PDVD 7.2 Ultra. Before you do, rename the PDVDBD folder to PDVDBD.old then rename PDVDHD folder to PDVDBD. This will force the HD-DVD installation instead of the default BluRay.

Btw, speaking of Powerdvd, is that the player most are using for their .evo files?...or is it Windvd??

There are only three that can be obtained so far:

PowerDVD 6.5 HD-DVD
PowerDVD 7.1 or 7.2 Ultra
WinDVD Platinum version 8 (Japan Release only)

DJN8B
18th January 2007, 23:59
7.2 works fine for me, but now i try the whole thing with 6.5 thanks. but i think i can't install 2 powerdvd versions or?
i tell you more later, perhaps it works..

You cannot have both PDVD's installed at once. Perhaps try installing to different partitions?

guile
19th January 2007, 01:03
Try reinstalling PDVD 7.2 Ultra. Before you do, rename the PDVDBD folder to PDVDBD.old then rename PDVDHD folder to PDVDBD. This will force the HD-DVD installation instead of the default BluRay.

Thanks for that. I did move the PDVDBD folder to another location hoping it would just pick up the HD-DVD folder but no go. Your method worked like a charm.

kolak
19th January 2007, 01:20
"Try reinstalling PDVD 7.2 Ultra. Before you do, rename the PDVDBD folder to PDVDBD.old then rename PDVDHD folder to PDVDBD. This will force the HD-DVD installation instead of the default BluRay."

:) funny, because I found exactly the same way. I wanted post it, but it's already done.

Wit Powerdvd ULtra you can play HD DVD from disk, but with PowerDVD 6.5 not (if I remeber corectly).

guile
19th January 2007, 03:23
"Try reinstalling PDVD 7.2 Ultra. Before you do, rename the PDVDBD folder to PDVDBD.old then rename PDVDHD folder to PDVDBD. This will force the HD-DVD installation instead of the default BluRay."

:) funny, because I found exactly the same way. I wanted post it, but it's already done.

Wit Powerdvd ULtra you can play HD DVD from disk, but with PowerDVD 6.5 not (if I remeber corectly).

Well, I guess it's back to 6.5 for me. After installing 7.2 Ultra, at first, it was playing .evo files (but zoomed in with horrible color) then it stopped and is saying my rig is NOT compatible. I don't have a hdcp TV. That is another reason I think backuphddvd is great!

2themax
19th January 2007, 05:15
There is a playback solution for movies with IME and U-Control. Run the movie through BackupHDDVD to your hard drive as normal. Once the movie is done decrypting, go to the folder where the .EVO files were decrypted. Create 2 new folders; ADV_OBJ and HVDVD_TS. Copy the main movie, usually will have FEATURE or PEVOB in the name, into the HVDVD_TS folder. There may be more than one .EVO file to copy. Once that is done, go back to the original disc and browse to the HVDVD_TS folder. Copy over the corresponding .MAP files; i.e. if the .EVO file is FEATURE.EVO, copy over FEATURE.MAP, to the HVDVD_TS folder on your hard drive. From the same directory, copy the .VTI file. It should look something like HVA00001.VTI. Place both MAP and .VTI files in the HVDVD_TS folder on your hard drive. Now go back to the disc and browser to the ADV_OBJ folder. From that folder, copy the DISCID.DAT file and the VPLST000.XPL file to the ADJ_OBJ folder you just created on your hard drive. Once that is done, open the VPLST000.XPL in either an XML editor or plain-text editor. At the top, there may be some AACS info and null characters. They can be erased. There may also be some at the end of the file. In that file, focus on the info between the opening and closing TitleSet tags. The following parts can be customized. Since only the main movie was copied over to the HVDVD_TS folder, the rest of the information needs to be deleted. Start by deleting the FirstPlayTitle info. Next, find the main movie. If there are any Titles before it, delete them also. If doing this, make sure to change the titleNumber attribute of the main movie to 1. Now delete all titles after the main movie. There may be quite a few to delete. After all the titles, there is a section called PlaylistApplication. Delete that too. There should now only be one title left, the main movie. Within that title, there may be references to ApplicationSegment and ScheduledConrtolList. Delete either or both if they exist. What you are left with is the Playlist for the main movie. It contains the needed references to the main and sub video along with the main audio, sub audio, and subtitles. Since PowerDVD does not handle subtitles right, I choose to delete all references to them in the Playlist. To do so, remove references to them in the PrimaryAudioVideoClip and also in TrackNavigationList. I also removed the references to SubVideo and SubAudio to insure smooth playback. This may not be necessary though. Once all that is done, from PowerDVD, point to the folder containing the ADV_OBJ and HVDVD_TS folders on your hard drive and hit play. If everything was done right, you should be watching the movie. So far I have gotten King Kong and Batman Begins to play using this method. Give it a shot!

jokin
19th January 2007, 05:26
Nice work. I will try this when I get home.

blizc
19th January 2007, 05:53
If this works then we are another step closer. Pretty big step I'd say. Thanks for posting this.

There is a playback solution for movies with IME and U-Control. Run the movie through BackupHDDVD to your hard drive as normal. Once the movie is done decrypting, go to the folder where the .EVO files were decrypted. Create 2 new folders; ADV_OBJ and HVDVD_TS. Copy the main movie, usually will have FEATURE or PEVOB in the name, into the HVDVD_TS folder. There may be more than one .EVO file to copy. Once that is done, go back to the original disc and browse to the HVDVD_TS folder. Copy over the corresponding .MAP files; i.e. if the .EVO file is FEATURE.EVO, copy over FEATURE.MAP, to the HVDVD_TS folder on your hard drive. From the same directory, copy the .VTI file. It should look something like HVA00001.VTI. Place both MAP and .VTI files in the HVDVD_TS folder on your hard drive. Now go back to the disc and browser to the ADV_OBJ folder. From that folder, copy the DISCID.DAT file and the VPLST000.XPL file to the ADJ_OBJ folder you just created on your hard drive. Once that is done, open the VPLST000.XPL in either an XML editor or plain-text editor. At the top, there may be some AACS info and null characters. They can be erased. There may also be some at the end of the file. In that file, focus on the info between the opening and closing TitleSet tags. The following parts can be customized. Since only the main movie was copied over to the HVDVD_TS folder, the rest of the information needs to be deleted. Start by deleting the FirstPlayTitle info. Next, find the main movie. If there are any Titles before it, delete them also. If doing this, make sure to change the titleNumber attribute of the main movie to 1. Now delete all titles after the main movie. There may be quite a few to delete. After all the titles, there is a section called PlaylistApplication. Delete that too. There should now only be one title left, the main movie. Within that title, there may be references to ApplicationSegment and ScheduledConrtolList. Delete either or both if they exist. What you are left with is the Playlist for the main movie. It contains the needed references to the main and sub video along with the main audio, sub audio, and subtitles. Since PowerDVD does not handle subtitles right, I choose to delete all references to them in the Playlist. To do so, remove references to them in the PrimaryAudioVideoClip and also in TrackNavigationList. I also removed the references to SubVideo and SubAudio to insure smooth playback. This may not be necessary though. Once all that is done, from PowerDVD, point to the folder containing the ADV_OBJ and HVDVD_TS folders on your hard drive and hit play. If everything was done right, you should be watching the movie. So far I have gotten King Kong and Batman Begins to play using this method. Give it a shot!

2bigkings
19th January 2007, 06:12

i will try this later, perhaps it works!

guile
19th January 2007, 07:37

You rock!!! Works great. I really think you found a big peice to the puzzle here. First, this is the ONLY title that I was able to scan through from beginning to end! Obviously, when you play it this way (rather then single .evo files) you are probably going to get the best playback the player can afford. This actually may solve more problems then just ime or u-control because I am thinking this is (at least for now, until muliplexer) will allow seemless playback of designated .evo's. I will do this with other titles I have had issues with and see what happens but I think this is a big step forward and I thank you for this.

Thanks Batman Begins is one of my favorites of the last few years.

bass4040
19th January 2007, 11:34
I get a format not supported message. Can someone post what the xpl file should look like after all the deletions?

2themax
19th January 2007, 13:48
This method will also work with any disc you have backed up. I did so with Hulk and playback was fine.

Here's what my version of the Batman Begins XPL file looks like.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Playlist xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.dvdforum.org/2005/HDDVDVideo/Playlist file:/F:/Program%20Files/Oxygen%207.0/current_schemas/Playlist.xsd"
xmlns="http://www.dvdforum.org/2005/HDDVDVideo/Playlist"
displayName="Batman Begins HD DVD"
minorVersion="0"
majorVersion="1">

<Configuration>
<StreamingBuffer size="0"/>
<Aperture size="1920x1080"/>
<MainVideoDefaultColor color="108080"/>
</Configuration>

<MediaAttributeList>
<VideoAttributeItem codec="VC-1" index="1"/>
<VideoAttributeItem codec="MPEG-2" index="2"/>
<AudioAttributeItem codec="DD+" index="1" channels="6"/>
<AudioAttributeItem codec="MLP" index="2" channels="6"/>
<AudioAttributeItem codec="DD+" index="3" channels="2"/>
<SubpictureAttributeItem codec="8bitRLC" index="1"/>
</MediaAttributeList>

<TitleSet tickBase="60fps" timeBase="60fps" defaultLanguage="en">

<Title displayName="Feature Presentation" id="feature" titleNumber="1" titleDuration="02:20:17:39" tickBaseDivisor="4" onEnd="feature">
<PrimaryAudioVideoClip titleTimeBegin="00:00:00:00" titleTimeEnd="01:19:45:30" src="file:///dvddisc/HVDVD_TS/PEVOB_1.MAP" dataSource="Disc">
<Video mediaAttr="1" track="1"/>
<Audio mediaAttr="1" track="1" description="English 5.1" streamNumber="1"/>
<Audio mediaAttr="2" track="2" description="English MLP" streamNumber="2"/>
<Audio mediaAttr="1" track="3" description="French 5.1" streamNumber="3"/>
<Audio mediaAttr="1" track="4" description="Spanish 5.1" streamNumber="4"/>
</PrimaryAudioVideoClip>
<PrimaryAudioVideoClip titleTimeBegin="01:19:45:30" titleTimeEnd="02:19:54:25" src="file:///dvddisc/HVDVD_TS/PEVOB_2.MAP" seamless="true" dataSource="Disc">
<Audio mediaAttr="2" track="2" description="English MLP" streamNumber="2"/>
<Audio mediaAttr="1" track="3" description="French 5.1" streamNumber="3"/>
<Audio mediaAttr="1" track="4" description="Spanish 5.1" streamNumber="4"/>
</PrimaryAudioVideoClip>
<PrimaryAudioVideoClip titleTimeBegin="02:19:54:25" titleTimeEnd="02:20:17:39" src="file:///dvddisc/HVDVD_TS/Interpol.MAP" dataSource="Disc" description="Interpol Warning">
<Video track="1" mediaAttr="1"/>
</PrimaryAudioVideoClip>
<ChapterList>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 1" titleTimeBegin="00:00:00:00"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 2" titleTimeBegin="00:03:39:00"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 3" titleTimeBegin="00:07:30:40"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 4" titleTimeBegin="00:11:33:20"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 5" titleTimeBegin="00:16:14:40"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 6" titleTimeBegin="00:19:43:10"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 7" titleTimeBegin="00:24:17:50"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 8" titleTimeBegin="00:28:23:00"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 9" titleTimeBegin="00:31:23:30"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 10" titleTimeBegin="00:35:51:40"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 11" titleTimeBegin="00:38:22:20"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 12" titleTimeBegin="00:41:12:10"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 13" titleTimeBegin="00:43:05:40"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 14" titleTimeBegin="00:46:55:10"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 15" titleTimeBegin="00:49:41:00"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 16" titleTimeBegin="00:53:23:00"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 17" titleTimeBegin="00:55:51:40"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 18" titleTimeBegin="00:57:58:40"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 19" titleTimeBegin="01:03:28:00"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 20" titleTimeBegin="01:05:49:10"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 21" titleTimeBegin="01:08:34:40"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 22" titleTimeBegin="01:11:21:30"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 23" titleTimeBegin="01:13:15:10"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 24" titleTimeBegin="01:16:11:40"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 25" titleTimeBegin="01:19:45:30"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 26" titleTimeBegin="01:23:49:20"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 27" titleTimeBegin="01:28:57:20"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 28" titleTimeBegin="01:32:31:10"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 29" titleTimeBegin="01:37:43:10"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 30" titleTimeBegin="01:40:27:40"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 31" titleTimeBegin="01:45:02:40"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 32" titleTimeBegin="01:49:25:30"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 33" titleTimeBegin="01:51:22:30"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 34" titleTimeBegin="01:54:42:10"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 35" titleTimeBegin="01:58:04:00"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 36" titleTimeBegin="02:01:47:40"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 37" titleTimeBegin="02:04:53:40"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 38" titleTimeBegin="02:05:59:20"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 39" titleTimeBegin="02:09:10:40"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 40" titleTimeBegin="02:10:49:10"/>
</ChapterList>
<TrackNavigationList>
<AudioTrack track="1" langcode="en:01"/>
<AudioTrack track="2" langcode="en:01"/>
<AudioTrack track="3" langcode="fr:01"/>
<AudioTrack track="4" langcode="es:01"/>
</TrackNavigationList>
</Title>

</TitleSet>

</Playlist>

2themax
19th January 2007, 14:02
In the code I just posted, remove

<PrimaryAudioVideoClip titleTimeBegin="02:19:54:25" titleTimeEnd="02:20:17:39" src="file:///dvddisc/HVDVD_TS/Interpol.MAP" dataSource="Disc" description="Interpol Warning">
</PrimaryAudioVideoClip>

Otherwise you will have issues at the end of the movie.

Eeknay
19th January 2007, 16:39
I just tested with V For Vendetta and it worked. Thanks.

Metro
19th January 2007, 17:33
Worked for me with King Kong (US). That's really great work, 2themax, thanks!

Incidentally it works fine if you leave all the rest of the HVDVD_TS and ADV_OBJ files in their directories on the harddrive, they just get ignored, but if you've copied the AACS directories over, it seems to break PowerDVD 7.2 - I've been unsuccessfully messing with the XML for several days now.

In a broader sense having editable XML is a big step forward - for the format, as well as for playing IME/UControl. Once we understand the structure it should be possible to customize the discs in any way we want. It will be good to strip those pesky FBI warnings and enforced trailers while preserving the good bits. Some script wizards should be able to write automation for this, and it's easier to understand than some of the cryptic navigation stuff in conventional DVD.

A functional breakdown of 2thmax's modified XML template looks like this:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<Playlist (Some stuff)
<Configuration>
(Some stuff)
</Configuration>
<MediaAttributeList>
(Some stuff)
</MediaAttributeList>

<TitleSet timebase... (Some stuff)

<Title titleNumber="1" ...(Some stuff)
<PrimaryAudioVideoClip>
(Some stuff)
</PrimaryAudioVideoClip>
<PrimaryAudioVideoClip> .... If there's more than one feature EVO
(Some stuff)
</PrimaryAudioVideoClip>
<ChapterList>
(Some stuff)
</ChapterList>
<TrackNavigationList>
(Some stuff)
</TrackNavigationList>
</Title>
</Titleset>
</Playlist>

- and that's all we need for the main feature. Great work!

2bigkings
19th January 2007, 17:47
it work's fine!!! now i can change the language in european HD-DVDs!! thank you!

honai
19th January 2007, 20:40
Once we understand the structure it should be possible to customize the discs in any way we want. It will be good to strip those pesky FBI warnings and enforced trailers while preserving the good bits. Some script wizards should be able to write automation for this, and it's easier to understand than some of the cryptic navigation stuff in conventional DVD.

I'm working on a command-line version of this, first version should be out this weekend.

guile
19th January 2007, 20:57
I'm working on a command-line version of this, first version should be out this weekend.

Cool, I would like to play with that. Btw, are most of you guys using Power DVD 6.5? If so, on certain titles, are you seeing an occasional "tearing" type effect? I'm wondering if it is player related or due to improper decryption. Since I haven't messed with jap windvd 8, I can't really say. So far, I have noticed it on several titles. Nothing too distracting but it's there.

noclip
19th January 2007, 22:51
Which file are you supposed to play? Nothing works for me.

guile
19th January 2007, 23:00
Which file are you supposed to play? Nothing works for me.

Using Powerdvd 6.5, you would select "Open HD-DVD file from hard disk" and just go to the directory of the stored backup. If you did this, and you couldn't click "OK" to play it, then most likely you did something wrong in the .xmp file.

noclip
19th January 2007, 23:09
That's the way I was doing it, it shows a black screen for a second and then stops playback.

What's wrong with my playlist?

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<Playlist xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.dvdforum.org/2005/HDDVDVideo/Playlist
file:/X:/RND/current_schemas/Playlist.xsd"
xmlns="http://www.dvdforum.org/2005/HDDVDVideo/Playlist" displayName="V for Vendetta HD DVD"
minorVersion="0" majorVersion="1">
<Configuration>
<MainVideoDefaultColor color="108080"/>
</Configuration>
<MediaAttributeList>
<VideoAttributeItem codec="VC-1" index="1"/>
<VideoAttributeItem codec="MPEG-2" index="2"/>
<AudioAttributeItem codec="DD+" index="1" channels="6"/>
<AudioAttributeItem codec="MLP" index="2" channels="6"/>
<AudioAttributeItem codec="DD+" index="3" channels="2"/>
<SubpictureAttributeItem codec="8bitRLC" index="1"/>
</MediaAttributeList>
<TitleSet tickBase="60fps" timeBase="60fps" defaultLanguage="en">
<Title displayName="Feature Presentation" id="feature" titleNumber="1" titleDuration="02:12:47:38" tickBaseDivisor="4" onEnd="feature">
<PrimaryAudioVideoClip src="file:///dvddisc/HVDVD_TS/PEVOB_1.MAP" titleTimeBegin="00:00:00:00" titleTimeEnd="01:08:11:40" dataSource="Disc">
<Audio mediaAttr="2" track="2" description="English TrueHD" streamNumber="2"/>
</PrimaryAudioVideoClip>
<PrimaryAudioVideoClip src="file:///dvddisc/HVDVD_TS/PEVOB_2.MAP" titleTimeBegin="01:08:11:40" titleTimeEnd="02:12:24:24" dataSource="Disc" seamless="true">
<Audio mediaAttr="2" track="2" description="English TrueHD" streamNumber="2"/>
</PrimaryAudioVideoClip>
<ChapterList>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 1" titleTimeBegin="00:00:00:00"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 2" titleTimeBegin="00:02:24:10"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 3" titleTimeBegin="00:09:07:20"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 4" titleTimeBegin="00:10:59:44"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 5" titleTimeBegin="00:16:26:00"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 6" titleTimeBegin="00:21:55:20"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 7" titleTimeBegin="00:25:00:00"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 8" titleTimeBegin="00:30:08:00"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 9" titleTimeBegin="00:35:35:20"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 10" titleTimeBegin="00:40:35:00"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 11" titleTimeBegin="00:43:11:40"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 12" titleTimeBegin="00:47:59:50"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 13" titleTimeBegin="00:49:38:00"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 14" titleTimeBegin="00:54:07:50"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 15" titleTimeBegin="00:56:36:10"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 16" titleTimeBegin="01:00:27:40"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 17" titleTimeBegin="01:04:43:10"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 18" titleTimeBegin="01:09:37:00"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 19" titleTimeBegin="01:12:03:10"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 20" titleTimeBegin="01:18:45:00"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 21" titleTimeBegin="01:21:08:10"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 22" titleTimeBegin="01:25:56:30"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 23" titleTimeBegin="01:29:15:20"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 24" titleTimeBegin="01:32:02:50"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 25" titleTimeBegin="01:36:15:30"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 26" titleTimeBegin="01:39:22:30"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 27" titleTimeBegin="01:44:11:20"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 28" titleTimeBegin="01:48:43:50"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 29" titleTimeBegin="01:51:57:00"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 30" titleTimeBegin="01:53:50:50"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 31" titleTimeBegin="01:57:44:30"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 32" titleTimeBegin="01:59:28:10"/>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 33" titleTimeBegin="02:04:31:00"/>
</ChapterList>
<TrackNavigationList>
<AudioTrack track="1" langcode="en:01" description="English 5.1"/>
<AudioTrack track="2" langcode="en:01" description="English TrueHD"/>
</TrackNavigationList>
</Title>
</TitleSet>
</Playlist>

guile
19th January 2007, 23:14
Playlist looks ok. Did you remember to move the .vti file to the HVDVD_TS folder?

noclip
19th January 2007, 23:16
Playlist looks ok. Did you remember to move the .vti file to the HVDVD_TS folder?

Yeah. Are you supposed to edit the VTI file too?

guile
19th January 2007, 23:25
Yeah. Are you supposed to edit the VTI file too?

No, just the xmp. Stupid question. You did also move the feature .map's to the HVDVD_TS folder? I know somebody reported they did V for Vendetta and it worked.

noclip
19th January 2007, 23:30
No, just the xmp. Stupid question. You did also move the feature .map's to the HVDVD_TS folder? I know somebody reported they did V for Vendetta and it worked.

Why is that a stupid question? The VTI file contains references to the other EVOBs.

I did everything according to the post on page 2 and double checked it. I even tried copying all the decrypted EVOBs and their MAPs to the HDDVD_TS directory and using the original playlist with AACS crap deleted.

2themax
20th January 2007, 01:33
The VTI is very important. Everything else could be perfect and without it nothing would work. I tested V for Vendetta and it works. One thing I think I see is that you are running PowerDVD 6.5. Correct me if I am wrong. For some reason, 6.5 never liked V for Vendetta. It definitely will work under 7 though.

noclip
20th January 2007, 01:37
I can play it in 7 but it stutters like mad. Scarcely 3 seconds goes by without the image going black for 1.

ginhead
20th January 2007, 01:44
noclip,
what playback software are you using? I'm using PDVD 7.2 and cant get King Kong to work (been trying all day) while Serenity and Training Day work perfectly. Not sure if this could be a factor, but I dont see anything wrong with your code.

Here is the file I'm using for King Kong - I'd appreciate it if anyone could let me know if there is an obvious error or post a working file for KK:

<Playlist majorVersion="1" minorVersion="0"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.dvdforum.org/2005/HDDVDVideo/Playlist http://www.dvdforum.org/2005/HDDVDVideo/Playlist/Playlist.xsd">

<Configuration>
<MainVideoDefaultColor color="107F7F"/>
</Configuration>

<MediaAttributeList>
<VideoAttributeItem index="1" codec="VC-1"/>
<VideoAttributeItem index="2" codec="AVC"/>
<VideoAttributeItem index="3" codec="MPEG-2"/>
<AudioAttributeItem index="1" codec="DD+"/>
<AudioAttributeItem index="2" codec="AC-3"/>
<SubpictureAttributeItem index="1" codec="8bitRLC"/>
</MediaAttributeList>

<TitleSet timeBase="60fps" tickBase="24fps" defaultLanguage="en">

<Title titleNumber="1" titleDuration="03:07:11:54" id="MainMovie" displayName="Main Movie" onEnd="deluxe" tickBaseDivisor="2" alternativeSDDisplayMode="letterbox">
<PrimaryAudioVideoClip titleTimeBegin="00:00:00:00" titleTimeEnd="01:27:42:10" src="file:///dvddisc/HVDVD_TS/FEATURE_1.MAP" dataSource="Disc">
<Audio track="1" streamNumber="1" mediaAttr="1" description="English 5.1"/>
<Audio track="2" streamNumber="2" mediaAttr="1" description="Spanish 5.1"/>
<Audio track="3" streamNumber="3" mediaAttr="1" description="French 5.1"/>
</PrimaryAudioVideoClip>
<PrimaryAudioVideoClip titleTimeBegin="01:27:42:10" titleTimeEnd="03:07:11:54" src="file:///dvddisc/HVDVD_TS/FEATURE_2.MAP" dataSource="Disc" seamless="true">
</PrimaryAudioVideoClip>
<ChapterList>
<Chapter displayName="Opening - New York 1933" titleTimeBegin="00:00:00:00" />
<Chapter displayName="Vaudeville" titleTimeBegin="00:03:03:37" />
<Chapter displayName="Theater Closed" titleTimeBegin="00:04:21:32" />
<Chapter displayName="Denhams Screening" titleTimeBegin="00:06:44:32" />
<Chapter displayName="Defeat Is Always Momentary" titleTimeBegin="00:10:30:02" />
<Chapter displayName="A Fateful Meeting" titleTimeBegin="00:12:33:27" />
<Chapter displayName="A Woman Born to Play this Role" titleTimeBegin="00:14:18:32" />
<Chapter displayName="The Moving Picture Ship" titleTimeBegin="00:17:40:50" />
<Chapter displayName="An Early Departure" titleTimeBegin="00:20:25:37" />
<Chapter displayName="Jack's Quarters" titleTimeBegin="00:24:12:50" />
<Chapter displayName="Bruce Settles In" titleTimeBegin="00:25:55:05" />
<Chapter displayName="Jimmy's Story" titleTimeBegin="00:26:12:47" />
<Chapter displayName="Ann Meets Jack Driscoll" titleTimeBegin="00:27:59:57" />
<Chapter displayName="A Moustache for Bruce" titleTimeBegin="00:30:28:42" />
<Chapter displayName="We're Filming on an Island Now?”" titleTimeBegin="00:31:06:35" />
<Chapter displayName="Filming a Classic Scene" titleTimeBegin="00:33:06:22" />
<Chapter displayName="Romance on the Venture" titleTimeBegin="00:34:13:27" />
<Chapter displayName="The Last Blank Space on the Map" titleTimeBegin="00:36:54:40" />
<Chapter displayName="A Long Sea Voyage" titleTimeBegin="00:39:44:17" />
<Chapter displayName="It’s in the Sub-Text" titleTimeBegin="00:41:06:02" />
<Chapter displayName="A Change of Course" titleTimeBegin="00:42:30:10" />
<Chapter displayName="Skull Island" titleTimeBegin="00:43:44:15" />
<Chapter displayName="Expedition Ashore" titleTimeBegin="00:52:18:02" />
<Chapter displayName="The Inhabitants of Skull Island" titleTimeBegin="00:55:47:35" />
<Chapter displayName="Ann's Abduction" titleTimeBegin="01:02:04:32" />
<Chapter displayName="The Sacrifice" titleTimeBegin="01:07:29:45" />
<Chapter displayName="Rescue Party" titleTimeBegin="01:12:36:07" />
<Chapter displayName="The Killing Ground" titleTimeBegin="01:14:25:20" />
<Chapter displayName="Discovering the Footprint" titleTimeBegin="01:17:49:40" />
<Chapter displayName="Brontosaurus Stampede" titleTimeBegin="01:20:08:12" />
<Chapter displayName="Playing Dead" titleTimeBegin="01:26:46:10" />
<Chapter displayName="The Party Is Divided" titleTimeBegin="01:27:42:10" />
<Chapter displayName="Ann Disarms Kong" titleTimeBegin="01:29:23:10" />
<Chapter displayName="The Log Chasm" titleTimeBegin="01:36:08:17" />
<Chapter displayName="The T-Rex Battle" titleTimeBegin="01:39:52:07" />
<Chapter displayName="The Insect Pit" titleTimeBegin="01:51:30:40" />
<Chapter displayName="Beautiful" titleTimeBegin="01:57:13:17" />
<Chapter displayName="Denham's Plan" titleTimeBegin="02:01:23:22" />
<Chapter displayName="Jack Rescues Ann" titleTimeBegin="02:03:55:42" />
<Chapter displayName="Captured" titleTimeBegin="02:09:39:55" />
<Chapter displayName="Eighth Wonder of the World" titleTimeBegin="02:17:58:27" />
<Chapter displayName="Cry Havoc!" titleTimeBegin="02:19:53:32" />
<Chapter displayName="Carl Denham Presents Kong" titleTimeBegin="02:21:43:52" />
<Chapter displayName="Kong in New York" titleTimeBegin="02:30:55:57" />
<Chapter displayName="Reunited" titleTimeBegin="02:35:26:02" />
<Chapter displayName="Under Attack" titleTimeBegin="02:39:59:05" />
<Chapter displayName="The Empire State Building" titleTimeBegin="02:41:04:32" />
<Chapter displayName="Kong’s Last Stand" titleTimeBegin="02:43:23:02" />
<Chapter displayName="It was Beauty Killed the Beast" titleTimeBegin="02:50:56:10" />
<Chapter displayName="End Credits" titleTimeBegin="02:57:32:35" />
</ChapterList>
<TrackNavigationList>
<AudioTrack track="1" langcode="en:01" selectable="true"/>
<AudioTrack track="2" langcode="es:01" selectable="true"/>
<AudioTrack track="3" langcode="fr:01" selectable="true"/>
</TrackNavigationList>

</Title>
</TitleSet>
</Playlist>

regards,
Jeff

btw, I interperated the 'stupid question' above to refer to the new question asked (as it was obvious), not your response to the previous question.

noclip
20th January 2007, 01:47
ginhead:

That looks fine, it should would work for everyone except me.

Only minor thing is onEnd should probably be set to "MainMovie" although it would still play back if it wasn't.

blutach
20th January 2007, 01:48
No, just the xmp. Stupid question. You did also move the feature .map's to the HVDVD_TS folder? I know somebody reported they did V for Vendetta and it worked.@guile - I do hope you weren't accusing noclip of asking a stupid question. If so, rule 4 is very pertinent.

Regards

guile
20th January 2007, 02:24
@guile - I do hope you weren't accusing noclip of asking a stupid question. If so, rule 4 is very pertinent.

Regards

No, I meant MY question was probably stupid (if he had all the code correct, it was probably dumb of me to ask if he remembered to move the .vti file to the HVDVD_TS directory), nothing more then that.

It seems V for Vendetta may be a software problem with regards to playback.

ginhead
20th January 2007, 02:25
noclip,
thanks for the response. No luck after changing onEnd. 2 out of my 3 backups work perfectly and KK is the only one I have with IME/U-Control.

Have you been able to use this method to get any backups playable (with or w/out IME) or will nothing work? I wonder if there is an issue with this method with IME discs and 7.2. I might have to go back to 6.5 to test it out.

guile
20th January 2007, 02:33
Why is that a stupid question? The VTI file contains references to the other EVOBs.

I did everything according to the post on page 2 and double checked it. I even tried copying all the decrypted EVOBs and their MAPs to the HDDVD_TS directory and using the original playlist with AACS crap deleted.

noclip- Please see my response below. It never ceases to amaze me how things can be so misconstrued in writing. Good luck with V for Vendetta and please let us know if you are fortunate enough to get it working. I think until players mature, there will be a lot of these type situations.

2themax
20th January 2007, 02:34
ginhead,

Your KK playlist is identical to mine, other than the error aleady pointed out. What is the exact problem or error that is happening when you try to play it?

noclip,

Did you use BackupHDDVD v0.99 and v1.00?

guile
20th January 2007, 02:35
noclip,
thanks for the response. No luck after changing onEnd. 2 out of my 3 backups work perfectly and KK is the only one I have with IME/U-Control.

Have you been able to use this method to get any backups playable (with or w/out IME) or will nothing work? I wonder if there is an issue with this method with IME discs and 7.2. I might have to go back to 6.5 to test it out.

For the record, I am using 6.5 and have went back and done this to several of my previous dumps (all without IME and/or U-control) and they all are working perfectly. Chapter, search and no need for de-multiplexer). Very happy with that.

Gradius
20th January 2007, 02:36
Can someone send me by e-mail those files (xml, etc) from Superman Returns HD-DVD ? I just got that on net, but I don't have a single HD disc title, nor HD-DVD drive. I want to try on powerdvd 7.2.

The guy who post Superman just ripped EVO files, nothing else.

A dir /s /a > hddvd.txt from disc would be nice too.

PM me so I will give you my e-mail to send the files.

Begin able to select audio and subtitle, or even get the menu gui would be so nice to see. :o

WPELLE
20th January 2007, 02:41
ginhead:

That looks fine, it should would work for everyone except me.

Only minor thing is onEnd should probably be set to "MainMovie" although it would still play back if it wasn't.

I think I may know how to fix your problem.

Check your HVDVD_TS directory. Is it by any chance named HDDVD-TS?

blutach
20th January 2007, 02:43
No, I meant MY question was probably stupid (if he had all the code correct, it was probably dumb of me to ask if he remembered to move the .vti file to the HVDVD_TS directory), nothing more then that.

It seems V for Vendetta may be a software problem with regards to playback.I thought that's what you meant. :)

Regards

noclip
20th January 2007, 07:07
I think I may know how to fix your problem.

Check your HVDVD_TS directory. Is it by any chance named HDDVD-TS?

That fixed it! Thanks.

2bigkings
20th January 2007, 09:47
all work fine now!
Mission Impossible 1 - 3 = No problems
CSI - New York = No problems now :-)
King Kong = No Problems

Albion
20th January 2007, 11:51

Incidentally it works fine if you leave all the rest of the HVDVD_TS and ADV_OBJ files in their directories on the harddrive, they just get ignored, but if you've copied the AACS directories over, it seems to break PowerDVD 7.2 - I've been unsuccessfully messing with the XML for several days now.

In a broader sense having editable XML is a big step forward - for the format, as well as for playing IME/UControl. Once we understand the structure it should be possible to customize the discs in any way we want. It will be good to strip those pesky FBI warnings and enforced trailers while preserving the good bits. Some script wizards should be able to write automation for this, and it's easier to understand than some of the cryptic navigation stuff in conventional DVD.

<Playlist (Some stuff)
<Configuration>
(Some stuff)
</Configuration>
<MediaAttributeList>
(Some stuff)
</MediaAttributeList>

<PrimaryAudioVideoClip>
(Some stuff)
</PrimaryAudioVideoClip>
(Some stuff)
</PrimaryAudioVideoClip>
<ChapterList>
(Some stuff)
</ChapterList>
<TrackNavigationList>
(Some stuff)
</TrackNavigationList>
</Title>
</Titleset>
</Playlist>

Well I've tried to alter the xml file for KK without much luck.
Any possibility someone could e-mail me or post the exact file with "some stuff" included.Naturally you have to be spot on with these files.

Many Thanks

heman
20th January 2007, 12:18
@Albion look at page 3. there is an example

blutach
20th January 2007, 13:12
Can someone send me by e-mail those files (xml, etc) from Superman Returns HD-DVD ? I just got that on net, but I don't have a single HD disc title, nor HD-DVD drive. I want to try on powerdvd 7.2.

The guy who post Superman just ripped EVO files, nothing else.

A dir /s /a > hddvd.txt from disc would be nice too.

PM me so I will give you my e-mail to send the files.

Begin able to select audio and subtitle, or even get the menu gui would be so nice to see. :oPlease observe rule 6. You have downloaded copyrighted content and are now asking for keys to decrypt it. Strike issued.

Regards

He-Man
20th January 2007, 13:23
it work's fine!!! now i can change the language in european HD-DVDs!! thank you!
Does subtitles work too?

heman
20th January 2007, 13:45
yes subtitle working for me

pankov
20th January 2007, 14:06
guys,
I'm new to all this HD-DVD hustle and I need your help with my problem.
I'm trying to watch Batmat Begins with the full dir structure on HDD in PowerDVD 7.2 Ultra (HDDVD version) but I get the following message
Incompatible graphics driver. Please make sure your graphics driver meets minimum requirements criteria ....
I expected this since I'm using Forceware 84.21 for my GF6600. The reason I'm using these is that there is a bug with zooming beyond screen coordinates for all 9x.xx series :(
So my question is:
is there a solution to this problem without reinstalling the drivers. Will changing drivers solve the problem? Is my video card good enough (I didn't see it at Cyberlink's site as one recommended for HDDVD playback)? I believe my CPU is powerful enough though (Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 3.4GHz)

I forgot to mention that I tried PDVD 6.5 HD but it only plays the WB logo and the FBI information and after this it stops (going back to the girl (or is it a guy) with the eyeglasses
:(

Albion
20th January 2007, 17:26
@Albion look at page 3. there is an example

:thanks: Did'nt realise I could scroll down to reveal the rest of the file...doh!

2bigkings
20th January 2007, 18:26
@pankov don't forget to watch hd-dvd movies only with analog cable on your lcd monitor if Cyberlink's BD/HD Advisor said that your monitor has no HDCP! this was my mistake first..
how is your graphic card exactly called? (manufacturer) make sure that the graphic card can handle hdcp

ginhead
20th January 2007, 19:30
ginhead,

Your KK playlist is identical to mine, other than the error aleady pointed out. What is the exact problem or error that is happening when you try to play it?

2themax,
In 7.2, I get no error; the film just does not start. Nothing happens when I push the play button. For the 2 that work, they start immediately; I don’t have to even push play.

I installed 6.5 this morning and no luck either, so I don’t think this is a 7.2 issue. I get this error message: “Error trying to play” and then the path to the file.

My folder names are correct, so I wonder if there was an issue with the backup process. I’ll probably re-do everything from the beginning this afternoon and see if that works.

Thanks for the method, works great for my other backups.

jkenzie
20th January 2007, 19:38
ginhead
It look like your missing the first line, add this:

ginhead
20th January 2007, 19:53
IT WORKS!

jkenzie, thanks a lot dude. When I opened the raw file in notepad, that string was justified to the complete right of the file, so I completely missed it. Perfect playback now.

pankov
20th January 2007, 21:11
@pankov don't forget to watch hd-dvd movies only with analog cable on your lcd monitor if Cyberlink's BD/HD Advisor said that your monitor has no HDCP! this was my mistake first..
how is your graphic card exactly called? (manufacturer) make sure that the graphic card can handle hdcp
... well ...
my LCD supports HDCP (it's LG L204WT) but my video card is an old ASUS N6600 Silencer which doesn't really support HDCP (the GPU does but there is no separate ROM to hold the keys). I'm still using it because I can't find a new decent one with reasonable price and full HDCP support.
To be honest this is the main reason I decided to use backupHDDVD in the first place. So as my monitor supports HDCP hooked up via DVI and I use a backed up copy of the HD-DVD do I still need a video card with full HDCP support?

noclip
20th January 2007, 21:17
Backed up files are completely unencumbered. You don't need HDCP to play them.

mikeathome
20th January 2007, 21:18
Hi,
just curious...

Will this playback method work with all the menus and other stuff on the HD DVD as well, given the fact that you copied the overlays from the ADV_OBJ folder?

mike

pankov
20th January 2007, 21:21
Backed up files are completely unencumbered. You don't need HDCP to play them.
I thought this too ... but then why is PowerDVD complaining????
and will it stop complaining if I only change the video driver not the video card itself?

2themax
20th January 2007, 23:15
I've modified BackupHDDVD to create the folders needed, HVDVD_TS and ADV_OBJ. It then places the decrypted EVO files, MAP files, and VTI file in the HVDVD_TS folder and the DAT file and XPL file in the ADV_OBJ folder. You WILL need to modify the XPL file to your liking still.

BackupHDDVD v1.1 (http://www.sendspace.com/file/t9gto9)

Momotte
20th January 2007, 23:57
Hi guys,

So if I understand correctly, there is no way that we could handle the IME stuff like if we are playing the original HDDVD ?

I mean by that that with the stripped version of the XPL file, the menu does not work and we cannot configure the playback (ie: language, subtitles, sound track, etc...)

Maybe there is something I do not understand?

Edit: Never mind, by reading the backuphddvd thread, I noticed I am not the only one so I guess IME (or whatever we will call it in the future;) ) is not resolved yet.

Henkske
21st January 2007, 11:16
great work 2themax

2bigkings
21st January 2007, 11:24
@momotte, you CAN change language & subtitles!

evdberg
21st January 2007, 12:19
If I try to play a HD-DVD from HD using PowerDVD 6.5 I get always the following error:

FSE_FAILED: Failed to Open the File.
Using file "".

Anybody any clue how to solve this? And before you ask, yes, I have all files from HVDVD_TS and ADV_OBJ in their folders on the HD, otherwise PowerDVD won't even let me select the movie.

2bigkings
21st January 2007, 12:56
i open it with powerdvd ultra with a playlist

drbanner70
21st January 2007, 17:39
@evdberg

2bigkings is right. After I used Emon's new BackupHDDVD GUI, and I copied over the correct map and .VTI files, PowerDVD 6.5 still wouldn't let me play the new .EVOs. At first I was choosing "Open HDDVD file on hard disc" but it couldn't. I kept getting an error message.
I then used the same drop down window and chose "Open media files". That will open a new window, with your computers path on the left side. I then went to the folder where the HVDVD_TS and ADV_OBJ folders are. I chose the HVDVD_TS folder, and the in the top right window, you should see the files within. I selected the first .EVO and then at the bottom of the window, clicked on "Select all". It should now choose all of the proper .EVO files to play and list them in the BOTTOM right window. When you see all of the .EVOs in the bottom right window, just click "OK" at the bottom of the window. The movie started playing for me with no problems.

Hope this helps...and thanks to 2bigkings!

Galileo2000
21st January 2007, 18:14

<Playlist (Some stuff)
<Configuration>
(Some stuff)
</Configuration>
<MediaAttributeList>
(Some stuff)
</MediaAttributeList>

<PrimaryAudioVideoClip>
(Some stuff)
</PrimaryAudioVideoClip>
(Some stuff)
</PrimaryAudioVideoClip>
<ChapterList>
(Some stuff)
</ChapterList>
<TrackNavigationList>
(Some stuff)
</TrackNavigationList>
</Title>
</Titleset>
</Playlist>

Could someone post correct VPLST100.XPL file for King Kong? I am getting PowerDVD 6.5 error "Error trying to play H:/kk".
I have just two folders inside my kk folder, ADV_OBJ and HVDVD_TS, I moved all the other EVO's out.

I went thru my modified VPLST000 several times and can't find the problem.

jkenzie
21st January 2007, 18:23
I went thru my modified VPLST000 several times and can't find the problem.

Post the code, I'll have a look.

Galileo2000
21st January 2007, 18:26
Post the code, I'll have a look.

Right here, thanks.

xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.dvdforum.org/2005/HDDVDVideo/Playlist http://www.dvdforum.org/2005/HDDVDVideo/Playlist/Playlist.xsd">
<Configuration>
</Configuration>
<MediaAttributeList>
</MediaAttributeList>

<Title titleNumber="1" titleDuration="03:07:11:54" id="MainMovie" displayName="Main Movie" onEnd="deluxe" tickBaseDivisor="2" alternativeSDDisplayMode="letterbox">
<PrimaryAudioVideoClip titleTimeBegin="00:00:00:00" titleTimeEnd="01:27:42:10" src="file:///dvddisc/HVDVD_TS/FEATURE_1.MAP" dataSource="Disc">

</PrimaryAudioVideoClip>
<PrimaryAudioVideoClip titleTimeBegin="01:27:42:10" titleTimeEnd="03:07:11:54" src="file:///dvddisc/HVDVD_TS/FEATURE_2.MAP" dataSource="Disc" seamless="true">

</PrimaryAudioVideoClip>

<ChapterList>
<Chapter displayName="Opening - New York 1933" titleTimeBegin="00:00:00:00" />
<Chapter displayName="Vaudeville" titleTimeBegin="00:03:03:37" />
<Chapter displayName="Theater Closed" titleTimeBegin="00:04:21:32" />
<Chapter displayName="Denhams Screening" titleTimeBegin="00:06:44:32" />
<Chapter displayName="Defeat Is Always Momentary" titleTimeBegin="00:10:30:02" />
<Chapter displayName="A Fateful Meeting" titleTimeBegin="00:12:33:27" />
<Chapter displayName="A Woman Born to Play this Role" titleTimeBegin="00:14:18:32" />
<Chapter displayName="The Moving Picture Ship" titleTimeBegin="00:17:40:50" />
<Chapter displayName="An Early Departure" titleTimeBegin="00:20:25:37" />
<Chapter displayName="Jack's Quarters" titleTimeBegin="00:24:12:50" />
<Chapter displayName="Bruce Settles In" titleTimeBegin="00:25:55:05" />
<Chapter displayName="Jimmy's Story" titleTimeBegin="00:26:12:47" />
<Chapter displayName="Ann Meets Jack Driscoll" titleTimeBegin="00:27:59:57" />
<Chapter displayName="A Moustache for Bruce" titleTimeBegin="00:30:28:42" />
<Chapter displayName="We're Filming on an Island Now?”" titleTimeBegin="00:31:06:35" />
<Chapter displayName="Filming a Classic Scene" titleTimeBegin="00:33:06:22" />
<Chapter displayName="Romance on the Venture" titleTimeBegin="00:34:13:27" />
<Chapter displayName="The Last Blank Space on the Map" titleTimeBegin="00:36:54:40" />
<Chapter displayName="A Long Sea Voyage" titleTimeBegin="00:39:44:17" />
<Chapter displayName="It’s in the Sub-Text" titleTimeBegin="00:41:06:02" />
<Chapter displayName="A Change of Course" titleTimeBegin="00:42:30:10" />
<Chapter displayName="Skull Island" titleTimeBegin="00:43:44:15" />
<Chapter displayName="Expedition Ashore" titleTimeBegin="00:52:18:02" />
<Chapter displayName="The Inhabitants of Skull Island" titleTimeBegin="00:55:47:35" />
<Chapter displayName="Ann's Abduction" titleTimeBegin="01:02:04:32" />
<Chapter displayName="The Sacrifice" titleTimeBegin="01:07:29:45" />
<Chapter displayName="Rescue Party" titleTimeBegin="01:12:36:07" />
<Chapter displayName="The Killing Ground" titleTimeBegin="01:14:25:20" />
<Chapter displayName="Discovering the Footprint" titleTimeBegin="01:17:49:40" />
<Chapter displayName="Brontosaurus Stampede" titleTimeBegin="01:20:08:12" />
<Chapter displayName="Playing Dead" titleTimeBegin="01:26:46:10" />
<Chapter displayName="The Party Is Divided" titleTimeBegin="01:27:42:10" />
<Chapter displayName="Ann Disarms Kong" titleTimeBegin="01:29:23:10" />
<Chapter displayName="The Log Chasm" titleTimeBegin="01:36:08:17" />
<Chapter displayName="The T-Rex Battle" titleTimeBegin="01:39:52:07" />
<Chapter displayName="The Insect Pit" titleTimeBegin="01:51:30:40" />
<Chapter displayName="Beautiful" titleTimeBegin="01:57:13:17" />
<Chapter displayName="Denham's Plan" titleTimeBegin="02:01:23:22" />
<Chapter displayName="Jack Rescues Ann" titleTimeBegin="02:03:55:42" />
<Chapter displayName="Captured" titleTimeBegin="02:09:39:55" />
<Chapter displayName="Eighth Wonder of the World" titleTimeBegin="02:17:58:27" />
<Chapter displayName="Cry Havoc!" titleTimeBegin="02:19:53:32" />
<Chapter displayName="Carl Denham Presents Kong" titleTimeBegin="02:21:43:52" />
<Chapter displayName="Kong in New York" titleTimeBegin="02:30:55:57" />
<Chapter displayName="Reunited" titleTimeBegin="02:35:26:02" />
<Chapter displayName="Under Attack" titleTimeBegin="02:39:59:05" />
<Chapter displayName="The Empire State Building" titleTimeBegin="02:41:04:32" />
<Chapter displayName="Kong’s Last Stand" titleTimeBegin="02:43:23:02" />
<Chapter displayName="It was Beauty Killed the Beast" titleTimeBegin="02:50:56:10" />
<Chapter displayName="End Credits" titleTimeBegin="02:57:32:35" />
</ChapterList>
<TrackNavigationList>
<AudioTrack track="2" langcode="es:01" selectable="true"/>
<AudioTrack track="3" langcode="fr:01" selectable="true"/>

</TrackNavigationList>

</Title>
</TitleSet>
</Playlist>

jkenzie
21st January 2007, 18:33
When you edit the first line to remove the AACS referance, you need to keep the xml header. It's on the far right of the file and needs to be moved to the left.
Add this as a first line:

2bigkings
21st January 2007, 18:36
@galileo i think you forgot the first line:
should be something like this
<?xml ...
@drbanner no problem ;)

Galileo2000
21st January 2007, 18:38
When you edit the first line to remove the AACS referance, you need to keep the xml header. It's on the far right of the file and needs to be moved to the left.
Add this as a first line:

Thank you jkenzie all is well now!

2bigkings, thank you too.

I am using 7.1 for the playback and it is excellent!!

Jailer
21st January 2007, 18:39

Yes you can but is there a way to turn them off?

I just got my Van Helsing backed up but I can't turn off the subtitles. When playing from the HD DVD drive over vga, you have to open the title menu with the movie playing to turn them off but that is obviously not an option with the ripped files because the menus are removed.

2bigkings
21st January 2007, 18:42
delet all languages and subtitles that you don't need, thats all! i got also some problems with subtitles so i decided to delete them.

mb2696
21st January 2007, 18:54
i can also confirm perfect playback of king kong using this method with powerdvd 6.5

Jailer
21st January 2007, 18:58
delet all languages and subtitles that you don't need, thats all! i got also some problems with subtitles so i decided to delete them.

Well that was simple enough, it worked. Thanks.

evdberg
21st January 2007, 19:05
If I try to play a HD-DVD from HD using PowerDVD 6.5 I get always the following error:

FSE_FAILED: Failed to Open the File.
Using file "".

Anybody any clue how to solve this? And before you ask, yes, I have all files from HVDVD_TS and ADV_OBJ in their folders on the HD, otherwise PowerDVD won't even let me select the movie.

I already know what is the problem: obviously PowerDVD 6.5 won't play from a network drive. When the folder is locally on the HD it does work. Unfortunately I do not have much freespace on the internal HD ...

jkenzie
21st January 2007, 19:06
Hi guys,

So if I understand correctly, there is no way that we could handle the IME stuff like if we are playing the original HDDVD ?

I mean by that that with the stripped version of the XPL file, the menu does not work and we cannot configure the playback (ie: language, subtitles, sound track, etc...)

Maybe there is something I do not understand?

Edit: Never mind, by reading the backuphddvd thread, I noticed I am not the only one so I guess IME (or whatever we will call it in the future;) ) is not resolved yet.

I believe it is possible to get full u-control working. One would have to bring over the menus.aca and ProductionStillMenu.aca files, and edit those as well. Not quite as simple as removing referances to aacs in xml.
Has anyone else looked at these files?

2bigkings
21st January 2007, 19:09
i think you're right jkenzie, but i think it takes some days.. i hope muslix is still working on BackupHDDVD and not only BackupBluRay to get a FULL HD-DVD on a HD.

pankov
21st January 2007, 20:04
Thank you jkenzie all is well now!

2bigkings, thank you too.

I am using 7.1 for the playback and it is excellent!!

can you tell me what's your hardware (Video card + display + connection type + drivers version).
I'm asking this because I'm trying to play Batman with 7.2 Ultra HD DVD version and I get an error message about my drivers version and I want to know if the older version has this limitation too

2themax
21st January 2007, 20:10
@jkenzie, the ACA files on the disc are also encrypted. Muslix didn't decrypt these in the original BackupHDDVD. I hope it's something he considers in the future.

I've been working on writing my own code to control PIP audio and video. I've had success so far, I am working on few bugs still.

Galileo2000
21st January 2007, 20:35
can you tell me what's your hardware (Video card + display + connection type + drivers version).
I'm asking this because I'm trying to play Batman with 7.2 Ultra HD DVD version and I get an error message about my drivers version and I want to know if the older version has this limitation too

I can play it on both of my Dell laptops (nVidia 6800Go Non Ultra and 7400GO) as well as on my Radeon 9600 SE (YES!!!) attached thru VGA to 62" Sony HDTV at 1920x1080 thru Powerstrip.

nVidia drivers are 92.91, ATI driver is from Catalyst 8.8x.

I am using powerDVD 6.5 on ATI system though, 7.1 refused to play along.

2themax
21st January 2007, 23:15
I've figured out how to control PIP(IME, U-Control) and subtitles. The ZIP contains 4 files. They all get placed in the ADV_OBJ folder. The code was written with King King in mind. The PIP placement will work on other movies, but will look weird. The XPL file is specific to King Kong also.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/e9zg23

Edit: I forget to add that the "A" turns PIP on and off and the "D" key turns the subtitles on and off.

hajj_3
21st January 2007, 23:25
i think we should create download links to .xpl files for every movie, like what we did with hd-dvd keys, but instead of keys its .xpl files.

Metro
22nd January 2007, 02:34
i think we should create download links to .xpl files for every movie, like what we did with hd-dvd keys, but instead of keys its .xpl files.

Firstly, my bad for not including the header <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> in my template - sorry if that confused anyone.

Secondly re hajj_3's comment - I think posting XPLs is a nice idea but we may have to be careful in this forum since the original XPL file is technically copyright material - on the discs I've seen there's a comment block at the top with the details of the studio, a date, and a name. If you re-write the XPL file substantially you may be OK, but if you leave too much of the original and 'publish' it here, someone may get upset. The mods here can decide if that's OK. Links to another site are probably fine, though, from what I've seen.

Wookie Groomer
22nd January 2007, 02:35
Here is what I did for Pitch Black if anyone wants it:

<Configuration>
</Configuration>
<MediaAttributeList>
</MediaAttributeList>

<Title titleNumber="1" titleDuration="01:51:47:06" id="MainMovie" displayName="Main Movie" onEnd="returnToMM" alternativeSDDisplayMode="letterbox">
<PrimaryAudioVideoClip titleTimeBegin="00:00:00:00" titleTimeEnd="01:02:41:36" src="file:///dvddisc/HVDVD_TS/FEATURE_1.MAP" dataSource="Disc">
</PrimaryAudioVideoClip>
<PrimaryAudioVideoClip titleTimeBegin="01:02:41:36" titleTimeEnd="01:51:47:06" src="file:///dvddisc/HVDVD_TS/FEATURE_2.MAP" dataSource="Disc" seamless="true">
</PrimaryAudioVideoClip>

<ChapterList>
<Chapter displayName="The Animal Side" titleTimeBegin="00:00:00:00" />
<Chapter displayName="Crash Landing" titleTimeBegin="00:02:56:45" />
<Chapter displayName="The Survivors" titleTimeBegin="00:08:27:07" />
<Chapter displayName="The Dead Planet" titleTimeBegin="00:17:04:50" />
<Chapter displayName="The Other Inhabitants" titleTimeBegin="00:27:12:02" />
<Chapter displayName="Into the Hole" titleTimeBegin="00:32:26:05" />
<Chapter displayName="Riddick's Deal" titleTimeBegin="00:36:47:45" />
<Chapter displayName="The Coming Eclipse" titleTimeBegin="00:46:46:37" />
<Chapter displayName="Darkness Falls" titleTimeBegin="00:56:05:35" />
<Chapter displayName="Just Don't Run" titleTimeBegin="01:02:41:37" />
<Chapter displayName="The Escape Plan" titleTimeBegin="01:08:03:40" />
<Chapter displayName="Paris's Demise" titleTimeBegin="01:14:17:50" />
<Chapter displayName="Duel in the Dark" titleTimeBegin="01:19:55:45" />
<Chapter displayName="Running the Gauntlet" titleTimeBegin="01:25:33:40" />
<Chapter displayName="Survival Instinct" titleTimeBegin="01:30:09:32" />
<Chapter displayName="Sacrifices" titleTimeBegin="01:38:54:05" />
<Chapter displayName="Say Good Night" titleTimeBegin="01:43:31:25" />
<Chapter displayName="End Titles" titleTimeBegin="01:46:07:25" />
</ChapterList>
<TrackNavigationList>
<AudioTrack track="2" langcode="en:03" selectable="true"/>
<AudioTrack track="3" langcode="en:03" selectable="true"/>
<SubtitleTrack track="1" langcode="en:05" selectable="true"/>
<SubtitleTrack track="2" langcode="es:01" selectable="true"/>
<SubtitleTrack track="3" langcode="fr:01" selectable="true"/>
</TrackNavigationList>
</Title>

</TitleSet>
</Playlist>

I do think a central version of these files would be incredibly handy.

Galileo2000
22nd January 2007, 02:51
Firstly, my bad for not including the header <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> in my template - sorry if that confused anyone.

Secondly re hajj_3's comment - I think posting XPLs is a nice idea but we may have to be careful in this forum since the original XPL file is technically copyright material - on the discs I've seen there's a comment block at the top with the details of the studio, a date, and a name. If you re-write the XPL file substantially you may be OK, but if you leave too much of the original and 'publish' it here, someone may get upset. The mods here can decide if that's OK. Links to another site are probably fine, though, from what I've seen.

Firstly, yes, you did. I used to be a programmer but I know absolutely nothing about XML structure.

Secondly, I do agree. What we need is "quick and dirty" editor program for this file according to you template (but please include the header :D )

2bigkings
22nd January 2007, 06:05
@2themax
are your files for the US or European Version of KingKong?

edit: okay it's the US Version, what do you have changed in the files?
i need it for the European Version.

blutach
22nd January 2007, 07:01
@Metro - when Doom9 returns, we will discuss further the publication of material that may be copyright.

Regards

2themax
22nd January 2007, 12:56
@2bigkings, for the European version to work, you only have to change the XPL file. You will need to add the subtitle, sub video, and sub audio information back into the XPL file. Also, add the Playlist Application section to the European version in the same place as I have for the US version. That should be it.

DVFreak
22nd January 2007, 15:24
I wish me a Userfriendly Interface where i can import my XPL and then i have a GUI where i can modify some things where i can adding or deactivate Subtitles Languages Menus etc.
From my old Xbox1 i have an XML generator with GUI where i can adding some Features or deactivate him and save this new File.

Thx

Henkske
22nd January 2007, 19:23
Excellent 2themax. Great work

Momotte
22nd January 2007, 19:30
Hi guys,

Are we clear on why we need to modify all kinds of things in the XPL (aside of course from the AACS stuff) ?

I do not understand why the unencrypted disk would require modifications to work properly. In theory, if the decryption process is performed properly, the player should be able to give us all the IME/U-Control features without a problem.

In the case where this does not work, is it because the .mca menu files in the AVD_OBJ directory are still encrypted?

evdberg
22nd January 2007, 19:49
Hi 2themax,

How did you figure out the code and needed files for enabling PiP? Through the MicroSoft HDi website? Great work!

honai
22nd January 2007, 20:09
I wish me a Userfriendly Interface where i can import my XPL and then i have a GUI where i can modify some things where i can adding or deactivate Subtitles Languages Menus etc.

Already working on it (both commandline and GUI), give me a couple more days.

evdberg
22nd January 2007, 20:33
Oh, by the way, if you want to know how to decrypt the ACA files, you might want to read chapter 4.4.2 of the 'HD DVD and DVD Pre-recorded Book' ... :)

chros
22nd January 2007, 20:59
What is the last part of a titleTimeEnd value? milliseconds, frames?

eg: titleTimeEnd="00:01:04:12" , so the 12 is the question ...

Thanks

Galileo2000
22nd January 2007, 21:08
What is the last part of a titleTimeEnd value? milliseconds, frames?

eg: titleTimeEnd="00:01:04:12" , so the 12 is the question ...

Thanks

timecode.

http://www.channel101.com/articles/article.php?article_id=22

So yes, frames.

2themax
23rd January 2007, 01:36
@Momotte, the ACA files are still encrypted and will not function if you try to use them.

@evdberg, the Microsoft HDi forum played a big part in it. There was also a lot of trial and error.

@all, I've had a lot of requests for the source code to my version of BackupHDDVD. So here you go.

BackupHDDVD Source (http://www.sendspace.com/file/kj8y8r)

chros
23rd January 2007, 13:20
timecode.

http://www.channel101.com/articles/article.php?article_id=22

So yes, frames.
Thanks...

I have asked it because I want to get the proper framecount of a title (since I couldn't get it elsewhere). Eg. Serenitiy feature title, from the XPL file:
<TitleSet timeBase="60fps" tickBase="24fps" ...
<Title titleNumber="1" alternativeSDDisplayMode="letterbox" titleDuration="01:58:54:22" ...
so if I'm correct:
the whole movie:
- 01:58:54 = 171216 frames
- 22 : 22/60*24 = 8.8 frame ?????

Momotte
23rd January 2007, 13:44
@Momotte, the ACA files are still encrypted and will not function if you try to use them.

@all, I've had a lot of requests for the source code to my version of BackupHDDVD. So here you go.

BackupHDDVD Source (http://www.sendspace.com/file/kj8y8r)

1) Thanks for sharing your code.
2) Is it possible to decrypt those .aca files using the same method as the evo or is it a completely different method ?

thanks for your time,

mkygod
23rd January 2007, 14:41
The HDDVD rip ive downloaded only contains the main EVO files in the HVDVD_TS directory.

I am currently unable to play the features seamlessly and cannot choose subtitle or audio. Are the other files (such as MAP files) neccessary to have subtitles or audio?

What files in the hddvd structure are necessary for this? or is it embedded into the EVO files?

DVFreak
23rd January 2007, 15:40
The HDDVD rip ive downloaded only contains the main EVO files in the HVDVD_TS directory.

I am currently unable to play the features seamlessly and cannot choose subtitle or audio. Are the other files (such as MAP files) neccessary to have subtitles or audio?

What files in the hddvd structure are necessary for this? or is it embedded into the EVO files?

For Playback all Features you have some other Files in the OBJ and VTS Folder like the XPL File and so on (this you can read on this Thread)

magnusr
23rd January 2007, 17:09
I need some help with riddick. It something wrong with this?:

<Configuration>
</Configuration>
<MediaAttributeList>
</MediaAttributeList>

<Title titleNumber="1" alternativeSDDisplayMode="letterbox" titleDuration="02:13:56:22" id="MainMovie" displayName="Main Movie" onEnd="returnToMM" >
<PrimaryAudioVideoClip titleTimeBegin="00:00:00:00" titleTimeEnd="01:11:37:47" src="file:///dvddisc/HVDVD_TS/FEATURE_1.MAP" dataSource="Disc">
<Audio track="2" streamNumber="2" mediaAttr="1" description="English DTS-HD 5.1"/>
<Audio track="3" streamNumber="3" mediaAttr="1" description="Espanol 5.1"/>
<Audio track="4" streamNumber="4" mediaAttr="1" description="Francais 5.1"/>
<Audio track="5" streamNumber="5" mediaAttr="1" description="Commentary with David Twohy, Karl Urban And Alexa Davalos 2.0"/>
<Subtitle track="1" streamNumber="1" mediaAttr="1" description="English SDH"/>
<Subtitle track="2" streamNumber="2" mediaAttr="1" description="Espanol"/>
<Subtitle track="3" streamNumber="3" mediaAttr="1" description="Francais"/>
</PrimaryAudioVideoClip>
<PrimaryAudioVideoClip titleTimeBegin="01:11:37:47" titleTimeEnd="02:13:56:22" src="file:///dvddisc/HVDVD_TS/FEATURE_2.MAP" dataSource="Disc" seamless="true">
<Audio track="2" streamNumber="2" mediaAttr="1" description="English DTS-HD 5.1"/>
<Audio track="5" streamNumber="5" mediaAttr="1" description="Commentary with David Twohy, Karl Urban And Alexa Davalos 2.0"/>
</PrimaryAudioVideoClip>

<ChapterList>
<Chapter displayName="The Necromongers" titleTimeBegin="00:00:00:00" />
<Chapter displayName="Hard Bounty" titleTimeBegin="00:02:38:05" />
<Chapter displayName="Back to Civilization" titleTimeBegin="00:07:04:00" />
<Chapter displayName="A Fighting Chance" titleTimeBegin="00:11:23:52" />
<Chapter displayName="A True Furyan" titleTimeBegin="00:15:29:47" />
<Chapter displayName="Attack of the Necromongers " titleTimeBegin="00:20:56:25" />
<Chapter displayName="Lensing and Cleansing" titleTimeBegin="00:27:09:00" />
<Chapter displayName="The Lord Marshal's Offer" titleTimeBegin="00:31:24:20" />
<Chapter displayName="Mind Regression" titleTimeBegin="00:38:48:55" />
<Chapter displayName="Caught" titleTimeBegin="00:43:28:52" />
<Chapter displayName="You Can Keep What You Kill" titleTimeBegin="00:47:14:30" />
<Chapter displayName="Welcome to Crematoria" titleTimeBegin="00:53:34:02" />
<Chapter displayName="Jack's Dead" titleTimeBegin="01:01:32:02" />
<Chapter displayName="A Private War" titleTimeBegin="01:04:24:52" />
<Chapter displayName="Feeding Time" titleTimeBegin="01:08:40:22" />
<Chapter displayName="Two Killers" titleTimeBegin="01:11:37:47" />
<Chapter displayName="Good News and Bad News" titleTimeBegin="01:17:13:20" />
<Chapter displayName="Running The Surface" titleTimeBegin="01:22:43:57" />
<Chapter displayName="The Big Heat" titleTimeBegin="01:28:58:47" />
<Chapter displayName="The Better Killer" titleTimeBegin="01:32:35:50" />
<Chapter displayName="This is Your Chance" titleTimeBegin="01:41:06:30" />
<Chapter displayName="What are the Odds" titleTimeBegin="01:44:20:52" />
<Chapter displayName="The Enemy Within" titleTimeBegin="01:48:07:37" />
<Chapter displayName="Convert or Fall" titleTimeBegin="01:53:10:42" />
<Chapter displayName="The Soul of a Furyan" titleTimeBegin="01:56:54:35" />
<Chapter displayName="Kill the Beast" titleTimeBegin="01:59:52:25" />
<Chapter displayName="At the Feet of an Outlaw" titleTimeBegin="02:02:57:17" />
<Chapter displayName="End Titles" titleTimeBegin="02:03:59:32" />
</ChapterList>

<TrackNavigationList>
<AudioTrack track="2" langcode="en:01" selectable="true"/>
<AudioTrack track="3" langcode="es:01" selectable="true"/>
<AudioTrack track="4" langcode="fr:01" selectable="true"/>
<AudioTrack track="5" langcode="en:03" selectable="true"/>
<SubtitleTrack track="1" langcode="en:01" selectable="true"/>
</TrackNavigationList>
</Title>

</TitleSet>
</Playlist>

He-Man
23rd January 2007, 17:25
Please edit your post and use [CODE] tags around your code, it too hard to read otherwise, all the tabbing disappears otherwise.
Just click this symbol in the post editor to add CODE tags: http://forum.doom9.org/images/editor/code.gif

mikeathome
23rd January 2007, 20:01

<Configuration>
</Configuration>
<MediaAttributeList>
</MediaAttributeList>

<Title titleNumber="1" alternativeSDDisplayMode="letterbox" titleDuration="02:13:56:22" id="MainMovie" displayName="Main Movie" onEnd="returnToMM" >
<PrimaryAudioVideoClip titleTimeBegin="00:00:00:00" titleTimeEnd="01:11:37:47" src="file:///dvddisc/HVDVD_TS/FEATURE_1.MAP" dataSource="Disc">
</PrimaryAudioVideoClip>
<PrimaryAudioVideoClip titleTimeBegin="01:11:37:47" titleTimeEnd="02:13:56:22" src="file:///dvddisc/HVDVD_TS/FEATURE_2.MAP" dataSource="Disc" seamless="true">
</PrimaryAudioVideoClip>

<ChapterList>
<Chapter displayName="The Necromongers" titleTimeBegin="00:00:00:00" />
<Chapter displayName="Hard Bounty" titleTimeBegin="00:02:38:05" />
<Chapter displayName="Back to Civilization" titleTimeBegin="00:07:04:00" />
<Chapter displayName="A Fighting Chance" titleTimeBegin="00:11:23:52" />
<Chapter displayName="A True Furyan" titleTimeBegin="00:15:29:47" />
<Chapter displayName="Attack of the Necromongers " titleTimeBegin="00:20:56:25" />
<Chapter displayName="Lensing and Cleansing" titleTimeBegin="00:27:09:00" />
<Chapter displayName="The Lord Marshal's Offer" titleTimeBegin="00:31:24:20" />
<Chapter displayName="Mind Regression" titleTimeBegin="00:38:48:55" />
<Chapter displayName="Caught" titleTimeBegin="00:43:28:52" />
<Chapter displayName="You Can Keep What You Kill" titleTimeBegin="00:47:14:30" />
<Chapter displayName="Welcome to Crematoria" titleTimeBegin="00:53:34:02" />
<Chapter displayName="Jack's Dead" titleTimeBegin="01:01:32:02" />
<Chapter displayName="A Private War" titleTimeBegin="01:04:24:52" />
<Chapter displayName="Feeding Time" titleTimeBegin="01:08:40:22" />
<Chapter displayName="Two Killers" titleTimeBegin="01:11:37:47" />
<Chapter displayName="Good News and Bad News" titleTimeBegin="01:17:13:20" />
<Chapter displayName="Running The Surface" titleTimeBegin="01:22:43:57" />
<Chapter displayName="The Big Heat" titleTimeBegin="01:28:58:47" />
<Chapter displayName="The Better Killer" titleTimeBegin="01:32:35:50" />
<Chapter displayName="This is Your Chance" titleTimeBegin="01:41:06:30" />
<Chapter displayName="What are the Odds" titleTimeBegin="01:44:20:52" />
<Chapter displayName="The Enemy Within" titleTimeBegin="01:48:07:37" />
<Chapter displayName="Convert or Fall" titleTimeBegin="01:53:10:42" />
<Chapter displayName="The Soul of a Furyan" titleTimeBegin="01:56:54:35" />
<Chapter displayName="Kill the Beast" titleTimeBegin="01:59:52:25" />
<Chapter displayName="At the Feet of an Outlaw" titleTimeBegin="02:02:57:17" />
<Chapter displayName="End Titles" titleTimeBegin="02:03:59:32" />
</ChapterList>

<TrackNavigationList>
<AudioTrack track="4" langcode="fr:01" selectable="true"/>
<AudioTrack track="5" langcode="en:03" selectable="true"/>
</TrackNavigationList>
</Title>

</TitleSet>
</Playlist>

... as far as I see, first line<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>missing.

mike

olisun
23rd January 2007, 20:50
I managed to get just the main movie (Pitch black) working in PDVD 6.5 on my LCD television using a VGA cable and HA turned off on PDVD.

But I have problems with the audio, by default the audio comes out as stereo in PDVD and the moment I change it to SPDIF, PDVD stops playing.

Did anybody manage to get the audio out via SPDIF?

magnusr
23rd January 2007, 22:15
... as far as I see, first line<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>missing.

mike

Thx. But still not good. It just says play then stop. Powerdvd .ultra with movie from folder.

Founditalso
23rd January 2007, 22:19

Be carefull with this statement:
I have done quite some tests (mainly with MI3 and KK and PowerDVD 7.1) and hopefully the results can help somebody else:

I can change the subtitles only ONCE.

After that, when stopping the movie and playing him again, I get a black screen with only the subtitles. No more picture. I can restart, reinstall PowerDVD, even go to 6.5 and whatever, no more picture. Only subtitles on a black screen every time.
Starting another movie gives me the same black screen with only subtitles.

When I edit the original VPLST000.XPL again and I take out all the subtittle stuff, everything is solved. I get the picture back (but without subtitles of course).

After that I did try a VPLST000.XPL file with all the original subtitle stuff in it again and same story. Only once I can play normally and change the subtitles as much as I want, only to be back to the black screen with only subtitles after restarting.

Using a VPLST000.XPL file with only one subtitle works perfect.

My advice: If you want a subtitle, edit the VPLST000.XPL file and remove all the other subtitles so that you are not able to switch.

Maybe someone knows what is happening?

Summary: If the VPLST000.XPL file allows to switch between subtiltles you are in trouble (or is it only me? :-)

Founditalso
23rd January 2007, 22:21
I managed to get just the main movie (Pitch black) working in PDVD 6.5 on my LCD television using a VGA cable and HA turned off on PDVD.

Did anybody manage to get the audio out via SPDIF?

I do not have a problem getting audio out through SPDIF (PWDVD 7.1)

Founditalso
23rd January 2007, 22:25
Thx. But still not good. It just says play then stop. Powerdvd .ultra with movie from folder.

None of my movies (MI3, KK, Ray, Jarhead and Syriana) have that first line in the VPLST000.XPL
The original files did not have it or I removed it. It works fine without the line (for me).

magnusr
23rd January 2007, 22:26

Sorry folder was named HDDVD_TS instead of HVDVD_TS

thx anyway :)

Galileo2000
23rd January 2007, 22:27

Ultra refused to play along on my system (non-HDCP compliant). PDVD 6.5 HD plays happily.

2bigkings
23rd January 2007, 22:27
@founditalso

i can change the subtitles and languages during playing the movie without any problem. i use only pdvd ultra but this shouldn't be the reason.
and you edit your xpl file correct?

Founditalso
23rd January 2007, 22:33
[QUOTE=magnusr;942914]I need some help with riddick. It something wrong with this?:

xmlns="http://www.dvdforum.org/2005 ........

Please remove all the subtitle stuff. See my other post on the subject of 'subtitles'. Maybe that will solve your problem.

Or, are you sure that there is nothing on the far right in the first line of your VPLST000? This happened to me (and others). The first line is sometimes longer then what you see on the screen.

mkygod
23rd January 2007, 22:36
If you guys don't mind, I would like to request the your .XPL configuration for Jet Li's Fearless.

That is the one movie I really need to have subtitles and Cantonese for.

Founditalso
23rd January 2007, 22:37
@founditalso

i can change the subtitles and languages during playing the movie without any problem. i use only pdvd ultra but this shouldn't be the reason.
and you edit your xpl file correct?

I use PWDVD Ultra also. Maybe you do not have a problem because you have tried with movies without IME. Have you tried MI3 or KK?

2bigkings
23rd January 2007, 22:42
i tried it with kingkong without any problem (european version)

i will try mi3 later this night.

Founditalso
23rd January 2007, 22:51
i tried it with kingkong without any problem (european version)

i will try mi3 later this night.

Just did the test with KK (US version) and I can confirm that I have a problem. First time it works well. After stopping and restarting only the black screen with the subtitles.
Then I did go to MI3 (US version) (with only one subtitle) and everything is OK (to my surprise). After that I go to KK again and still not OK. I leave PWDVD, edit the VPL file into one subtitle. Restart and everthing OK, so I can only confirm what I already said.

I would be surprized if I made an error with the edit (after all leaving all subtitles in is easier then editing :-)

Maybe it has to do with the version of PWDVD? I have PWDVD 7.1 Ultra.

In the meantime I also tested with Jarhead, and there I do not have the problem. This means it is indeed KK and MI3 which are movies that everybody had problems with before 2themax came up with his magic formula.

mikeathome
23rd January 2007, 23:07

Hi,
no prob here either, even get it thru HDMI into the A/V Receiver and out. Decrypted/Unencrypted content, DD/DTS, everything.

The problem is that PowerDVD eventually decides to stop playing for some unrevealed reason although Advisor gives green light everywhere, but this is a different story...

mike

olisun
23rd January 2007, 23:13

I tried different versions of powerdvd but none of them allow me to select SPDIF output...

Regarding playback on the LCD TV, only PDVD 6.5 displays a picture on my TV screen without HA enabled...... All other versions show a blank screen....

Are you playing it directly on your TV or PC??

ps: can anybody please post a working xpl file Pitch Black with working menus etc ?

mikeathome
23rd January 2007, 23:13
Ultra refused to play along on my system (non-HDCP compliant). PDVD 6.5 HD plays happily.

Hi,
that stuff is real strange. I am the opposite way round, HDCP compliant all green, PowerDVD 6.5 crashes on start where Ultra 7.1 plays decrypted. With unencrypted I have a handshake problem as it plays directly connected to panel but not when it has to go thru the A/V Receiver. I like C****link's PowerDVD.

mike

olisun
23rd January 2007, 23:14
Hi,
no prob here either, even get it thru HDMI into the A/V Receiver and out. Decrypted/Unencrypted content, DD/DTS, everything.

The problem is that PowerDVD eventually decides to stop playing for some unrevealed reason although Advisor gives green light everywhere, but this is a different story...

mike

Can you please detail your HW and OS version?

I am using a 6600GT with the latest drivers on XP

Founditalso
23rd January 2007, 23:22
I would be surprized if I made an error with the edit (after all leaving all subtitles in is easier then editing :-)

The problem was indeed with the edit. I left to much stuff in there which is not good.
One has to leave in the

<Video track .....>
<Audio track .....>
<Subtitle track ....>

But you need to remove the lines with

<subvideotrack .....> and
<subaudiotrack .....>

Otherwise you have my problem.

Hope this helps and sorry for those who spend time trying to help me :-(

mikeathome
23rd January 2007, 23:27
Can you please detail your HW and OS version?

I am using a 6600GT with the latest drivers on XP

Box Case:
- Thermaltake Mozart SX, customized (ThermaltakeUSA, sourced via mwave) - customized

HD Drive:
- brand new XBox HD addon (Microcenter sourced) - built in case

Power supply:
- use a quite model with 120mm fan, 430/460 W, I used Thermaltake Silent power

Motherboard:
- I used Asus P5B-E, nothing special, plenty of USB, SATA 3GB, neat board (Newegg sourced)

CPU
- Intel Core 2 Duo 6400 (Newegg sourced)

CPU Cooler
- ZALMAN VF900 – CU 2 Ball VGA Cooler - Retail (Newegg)

RAM
- A-DATA 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model ADQVE1908K - Retail (Newegg)

Graphic card
- ASUS EN7600GT/HTDI/256M Geforce 7600GT GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail (Newegg) - ZALMAN CNPS 8000 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink - Retail (Newegg)

Harddisc
- WD cool'n'quite (Newegg)

Remote Control
- MS MCE XP remote control (Newegg), directly internally connected to USB, via 4 pin cable, mounted behind the front plate

OS
- WinXP home
- nVidea Forceware 93.71
- nVidea PureVideo Plat.
- HD Player PowerDVD Ultra 7.1
- Girder 4
- GUI - Firefox, home made
- DVD Player WMP 11
- WMP Classic for all the rest

Driver still bit buggy but works...

mike

2bigkings
23rd January 2007, 23:28
okay i tried KK and MI3 (all eu versions) all languages work fine, all subtitles also. i can change it during the movie. no problems, no black screens..

Founditalso
23rd January 2007, 23:39
okay i tried KK and MI3 (all eu versions) all languages work fine, all subtitles also. i can change it during the movie. no problems, no black screens..

Thanks 2bigkings.
Do the EU versions also have the
<subvideotrack .....> and
<subaudiotrack .....>
lines in the VPLST000.XPL file? How did you know you had to remove them?

olisun
24th January 2007, 14:13
Box Case:
- Thermaltake Mozart SX, customized (ThermaltakeUSA, sourced via mwave) - customized

HD Drive:
- brand new XBox HD addon (Microcenter sourced) - built in case

Power supply:
- use a quite model with 120mm fan, 430/460 W, I used Thermaltake Silent power

Motherboard:
- I used Asus P5B-E, nothing special, plenty of USB, SATA 3GB, neat board (Newegg sourced)

CPU
- Intel Core 2 Duo 6400 (Newegg sourced)

CPU Cooler
- ZALMAN VF900 – CU 2 Ball VGA Cooler - Retail (Newegg)

RAM
- A-DATA 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model ADQVE1908K - Retail (Newegg)

Graphic card
- ASUS EN7600GT/HTDI/256M Geforce 7600GT GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail (Newegg) - ZALMAN CNPS 8000 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink - Retail (Newegg)

Harddisc
- WD cool'n'quite (Newegg)

Remote Control
- MS MCE XP remote control (Newegg), directly internally connected to USB, via 4 pin cable, mounted behind the front plate

OS
- WinXP home
- nVidea Forceware 93.71
- nVidea PureVideo Plat.
- HD Player PowerDVD Ultra 7.1
- Girder 4
- GUI - Firefox, home made
- DVD Player WMP 11
- WMP Classic for all the rest

Driver still bit buggy but works...

mike

lol...

I still can't get the damn audio via SPDIF. no matter how much I try, PDVD reverts back to 2 channel stereo mode

Galileo2000
24th January 2007, 15:26
Hi,
that stuff is real strange. I am the opposite way round, HDCP compliant all green, PowerDVD 6.5 crashes on start where Ultra 7.1 plays decrypted. With unencrypted I have a handshake problem as it plays directly connected to panel but not when it has to go thru the A/V Receiver. I like C****link's PowerDVD.

mike

Mike,

I suggest this:

- uninstall both 6.5 and 7.1;
- start regedit;
- search for PowerDVD and remove all the entries with Cyberlink/Powerdvd in the registry;
- Reboot;
-install 6.5;
- reboot.
- start 6.5 with unencrypted.
- see what happens.

I am under impression your system got messed up with the multiple PDVD installations.

olisun
24th January 2007, 15:58

what do you mean by start 6.5 with unencrypted?

Also can you play back PDVD 6.5 on your TV with HA enabled?

mikeathome
24th January 2007, 16:10
Mike,

I suggest this:

- uninstall both 6.5 and 7.1;
- start regedit;
- search for PowerDVD and remove all the entries with Cyberlink/Powerdvd in the registry;
- Reboot;
-install 6.5;
- reboot.
- see what happens.

I am under impression your system got messed up with the multiple PDVD installations.

Hi,
we are running bit offtrack here, sorry ...

To complete this: 7.1 is working much better than 6.5 for me. Connected to the panel directly does work ok, connecting through a JVC A/V Receiver messes up. So you guys having problems with playback try this, connect directly to your HDCP compliant panel and see if it works. The JVC receiver e.g. is known to introduce some trouble with HDCP handshaking... or just backup and run off the harddisk :-)))

This whole HDCP story is a mess, that's why the backup option is so welcome. To get it clear, it not to infringe copyright BUT secure my investment...

@all .xpl poster
PLEASE embed them in .xpl here it's hard to read the stuff otherwise.

mike

Galileo2000
24th January 2007, 16:11
what do you mean by start 6.5 with unencrypted?

Also can you play back PDVD 6.5 on your TV with HA enabled?

I mean decrypt a movie, create a proper HD DVD structure, edit file as described in this thread to get rid of subtitles etc..

HA is disabled in 6.5 on my PC, I have an ancient Radeon 9600 SE 128MB overclocked with ATI tool.

MrDVD
24th January 2007, 18:25
Hallo, me read in the last german c't magazin a short review about powerdvd and the have also probs with nvidia cards an the latest driver with HDCP. At the end the have to use older beta drivers to got it running. (92.91)

2bigkings
24th January 2007, 18:33
i use the radeon x1950 pro 256mb without any problem

MrDVD
24th January 2007, 20:11
i use the radeon x1950 pro 256mb without any problem

As i remember you are from germany so you can read the latest c't (3/07 page 81). With an "ATI X1600 Pro HDMI" the didnt get hardware support for VC-1 in powerdvd at all. (Catalyst 7.1)

2bigkings
24th January 2007, 20:16
yes, you remember right.. it's good that i dont bought the 1600 pro hdmi :-)
i will have a look at the latest c't!

regards

culprit
24th January 2007, 20:16
I wonder if there is any way to use this program to remove the DRM from DVR-MS files? It is very frustrating to record shows on your own computer and not be able to move them to another computer or a mobile device.

Thanks,
Rob

KeithXP
24th January 2007, 20:36
This is the most wonderful thing. My PowerDVD 7.1 Ultra would not play my HD-DVD's from my 360 USB drive because my AMD64 3400+ is too slow and my 6600GT 128MB is too weak. However, with the tweak, at least I know my backups worked. Simply outstanding. No fear of my kids breaking my HD-DVD movies anymore. I might actually let them touch them now.

Question: Is there a way to select NO subtitles without removing all of the subtitles in the VPLST000.XPL file? I'm playing Swordfish HD and the subtitles play and I can change them to whatever but I cannot turn them off.

Thanks!
KeithXP

k-c-ksum
24th January 2007, 20:48
totally unfamiliar with the hd-dvd file structure but noticed that a backed up movie is a few kb smaller than the porotected original. Could this be causing IME discs to be messed up. Kind of like a sd-dvd with incorrect vts sectors

mkygod
26th January 2007, 03:22
I just tested with V For Vendetta and it worked. Thanks.

Same here. All you need for Vendetta to get it working for 6.5 is to delete the PlaylistApplication section.

Deleting the titles before it is optional.

Emon
26th January 2007, 03:25
Same here. All you need for Vendetta to get it working for 6.5 is to delete the PlaylistApplication section.

Deleting the titles before it is optional.

using Zotty's (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=121236) app you can now extract and decrypt the .aca files and then you can keep the PlaylistApplication section just as it is.

olisun
26th January 2007, 13:08
I think I know what the problem is with the SPDIF on my comp.

I am trying to play HD-DVD movies from my HDD using PDVD 6.5 / 7.1 and I can't seem to get the Audio out via SPDIF but the same work fine for DVD's though...

I have connected my amp using a coax cable to the coaxial output on my M/B...

I think the coax is not able to cope with the DD+ stream bandwidth, right?

I have a couple of questions.

1) How do I stream the DD+ signal from my comp?
I have got a seperate SPDIF optical bracket for my M/B which I have still not installed. will this be able to stream the DD+ signal to my Amp?

2) Do I need another soundcard which can stream DD+ via SPDIF? I have got a soundblaster live card

3) Or do I have to just change the XPL file out output either AC-3 or DTS audio?

Sorry for asking too many questions but I couldn't find the answers to the same.

DVFreak
26th January 2007, 13:13
I think I know what the problem is with the SPDIF on my comp.

I am trying to play HD-DVD movies from my HDD using PDVD 6.5 / 7.1 and I can't seem to get the Audio out via SPDIF but the same work fine for DVD's though...

I have connected my amp using a coax cable to the coaxial output on my M/B...

I think the coax is not able to cope with the DD+ stream bandwidth, right?

I have a couple of questions.

1) How do I stream the DD+ signal from my comp?
I have got a seperate SPDIF optical bracket for my M/B which I have still not installed. will this be able to stream the DD+ signal to my Amp?

2) Do I need another soundcard which can stream DD+ via SPDIF? I have got a soundblaster live card

3) Or do I have to just change the XPL file out output either AC-3 or DTS audio?

Sorry for asking too many questions but I couldn't find the answers to the same.

AC3 you can put out when AC3 are in the EVO stream implented then you can switch.But when only DD+ on the Disk or EVO you must reencode it to AC3 and muxing it into the EVO.

hajj_3
26th January 2007, 13:14
im using my onboard sound on my gigabyte ds4, im using the coaxial out, which connects to my amplifier directly, spdif out is auto selected in the options in powerdvd 6.5 for me, works perfectly.

guile
26th January 2007, 13:50
AC3 you can put out when AC3 are in the EVO stream implented then you can switch.But when only DD+ on the Disk or EVO you must reencode it to AC3 and muxing it into the EVO.

I have a silly question but...did you actually install the drivers for coax/spdif to work from the mb?

Sounds silly but I have an Asus M2n4-SLI with coaxial out. For some strange reason, the coax would not work. I had to use the cd that came with the mb to install the drivers and bingo, worked like a charm.

olisun
26th January 2007, 13:58
im using my onboard sound on my gigabyte ds4, im using the coaxial out, which connects to my amplifier directly, spdif out is auto selected in the options in powerdvd 6.5 for me, works perfectly.

yeah but does it stream out DD+ or AC-3 / DTS?

guile
26th January 2007, 14:00
yeah but does it stream out DD+ or AC-3 / DTS?

AC-3. With my receiver connected to my standalone player, everything would output as DTS.

hajj_3
26th January 2007, 18:38
isnt streaming dts, my receiver dosent support dd+ so wouldnt know if it tries to stream that first. but it def is dd 5.1.

sidekick2
26th January 2007, 19:56
As far as I know, there isn't any consumer A/V receivers that do DD+ yet. Reading up on the spec, DD+ is up to a 6 mbit stream and neither coaxial or spdif have enough bandwidth to push it. Apparently DD+ will only travel over HDMI spec 1.3.

Naturally I was pissed my $3k Onkyo tx-ds989 can't handle that, and called Onkyo about their "future proof" receiver, that well isn't.

What it can do, with another upgrade is handle dts-es(hd), over spdif. DTS-ES bumps the normal 48Khz/24bit spdif signal to 96Khz/24bit. DTS-ES is backwards compatible, meaning a DTS-ES signal can be decoded by older decoders, but without the "extra" data. This is totally unlike E-AC3 (DD+).

The huge question is, what does the sound blaster spit out of spdif? Will it do 96/24? The specs on their site indicate that it will do 96/24 out to analog and vice versa, but I don't see anything about 96/24 over digital to digital.

I think PowerDVD is doing all of the decoding for us and probably down mixing it to ac3???

QuePaso
27th January 2007, 09:53
I've been backing up a lot of my HD-DVD's and everythings worked great with IME titles using the XPL tricks. The only problem i have is with Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift. No matter what i do, i cannot use the seek bar to move back/forth between the movie. I can skip chapters no problem, but cannot get the seeking to work. Every other IME movie i tried worked fine (about 6 other ones). I tried loading up the EVO file by itself, and it doesnt play properly, but it does let me seek. Ive edited the XPL many times and still same thing. Has anyone had any luck?

2bigkings
27th January 2007, 10:04
send me the xpl file in a private message or here in this thread and we will have a look

CptAlex
27th January 2007, 13:04
I've backed up king kong, but, I've a black screen, when i lauch the .evo and also when i lauch the movie with powerdvd from the directory file. can i watch the movie by changing anything in the .xpl ? but i don't succeed to configure the .xpl, anyone can help me ? possible to have the .xpl of king kong (eu) ?
Sorry for my english, I'm french... and I don't understand all in this forum :(

2bigkings
27th January 2007, 13:14
@cptalex
send me the xpl file in a private message or here in this thread and we will have a look

hajj_3
27th January 2007, 13:56
Below is the un-edited version of King Kong (EUR), please can someone help me with it.

.xpl - http://ruby.pastebin.com/868635

Emon
27th January 2007, 14:36
Could someone please try my BackupHDDVDGUI 0.3 which has the IME fix now?

guile
27th January 2007, 14:55

Don't have to ask me twice;) I will do Batman Begins and report back.

Ok, my results.

C# Start time 9:03:57
Finish 9:58:37

Although the movie (Batman Begins) was successfully decrypted, the menus don't work. I can bring them up but (at least in Power DVD 6.5) but you cant click on any options (ie, scene selection and/or special features). Also, I noticed for some reason when you would go to the chapters, there are now 2 complete listings for the film. Although they are identical in chapter number, the second set will usually just crash the video while audio continues to play.

Galileo2000
27th January 2007, 16:59
Here are my results w/KK:

Start 6:41:45 AM
End: 7:46:10 AM

Playback using 7.1 from the HDD folder.

No menus.
Shows main menu loop video which I can leave only thru Go To Title 2/ Chapter 1 in order to play the main feature.

Cannot turn off subtitles, which is quite annoying. But KK is "special" with the subtitles bug, so I just edited XPL by hand. I am not sure it is worth the trouble of putting extra code for KK in the app.

Well, almost there. Look forward to 0.4.

Emon
27th January 2007, 17:25
Here are my results w/KK:

Start 6:41:45 AM
End: 7:46:10 AM

Playback using 7.1 from the HDD folder.

No menus.
Shows main menu loop video which I can leave only thru Go To Title 2/ Chapter 1 in order to play the main feature.

Cannot turn off subtitles, which is quite annoying. But KK is "special" with the subtitles bug, so I just edited XPL by hand. I am not sure it is worth the trouble of putting extra code for KK in the app.

Well, almost there. Look forward to 0.4.

You have to turn off subtitles through title menu -> setup

Emon
27th January 2007, 17:27
Don't have to ask me twice;) I will do Batman Begins and report back.

Ok, my results.

C# Start time 9:03:57
Finish 9:58:37

Although the movie (Batman Begins) was successfully decrypted, the menus don't work. I can bring them up but (at least in Power DVD 6.5) but you cant click on any options (ie, scene selection and/or special features). Also, I noticed for some reason when you would go to the chapters, there are now 2 complete listings for the film. Although they are identical in chapter number, the second set will usually just crash the video while audio continues to play.

I have also PDVD 6.5. I use the arrow keys to navigate the menu.

jkenzie
27th January 2007, 17:29

I just tried it on four titles, including KK and Zotty's app still has a tendency to crash. But when it works I get full menu function. Up till now I've been pulling the .aca files out of memory and thats been working good for me but this is much faster. I compared the KK .aca's I had against the output of Zotty's app and the structure is the same.

Some of the menu problems you guys are having might be on the player side. What player are you guys using?

t00ld00d
27th January 2007, 17:42
Tested on Swordfish since it has a very basic menu system to begin with. Decrypting went fine. When I hit the reconstruct menu button I got the following:

Now fixing VPLST000.XPL file ... Done

Now decrypting aca menu
ACA decrypter V0.3

Title Key File MAC: 75F37AD89B05896A0A3C88968A972D9E
Title Key File hash: F7B68DE4C0AB2258C5F3FFC2F77068364F89C517
No Volume Key found... aborting!

guile
27th January 2007, 17:42
Some of the menu problems you guys are having might be on the player side. What player are you guys using?

Powerdvd 6.5 here. Although I do have the jap version of windvd 8, it will NOT work on my system since I have no hdcp card (or monitor). Not even at downrezz:( This sucks BIG time because I can't even use Ape's app to extract my own keys. It does work fine with homemade hd-dvd's though so I can only assume it is because of lack of hdcp compliant chain.

guile
27th January 2007, 17:43
Tested on Swordfish since it has a very basic menu system to begin with. Decrypting went fine. When I hit the reconstruct menu button I got the following:

Now decrypting aca menu
ACA decrypter V0.3

Just did the SAME title with same results. Coincidence?...i think not;)

jkenzie
27th January 2007, 17:49

Now decrypting aca menu
ACA decrypter V0.3

The aca.decrypter uses keys from the keydb.xml, which is incomplete. You need to add the title to that file. This is a combination of two programs using two different key storage formats.

Galileo2000
27th January 2007, 17:56
You have to turn off subtitles through title menu -> setup

Nothing happens when I select Title menu, there is no Setup.

Like I said, I use 7.1 for playback at the moment. Do you think that might be a problem?

t00ld00d
27th January 2007, 18:03
I went to the HDDVD Key Databse tab, pulled up Swordfish on the dropdown, and hit save. I got the added to database confirmation. Went back to the main tab and hit the Reconstruct Menu button. Note that I didn't re-rip or anything fancy. I never closed the program after getting the error I posted above. Once I hit the reconstruct I got access denied to xxx.map error.

I went to the backup folder where I ripped the movie and all files are read only. After getting rid of the read only attribute and trying again I got an error about the .vti file already exists. No problem, simple delete fixes that. Hit reconstruct yet again and all files are suddenly read only again.

Dumped the entire thing and am starting over with a fresh rip. Will report back when done.

t00ld00d
27th January 2007, 18:24
The aca.decrypter uses keys from the keydb.xml, which is incomplete. You need to add the title to that file. This is a combination of two programs using two different key storage formats.

I'm a little more awake now and this started making sense :) I've added what I believe are the correct entries to the .xml file. We'll see soon I guess.

jkenzie
27th January 2007, 18:28
I may have spoke to soon, it seems like to C version is having some problems. It's seems the .evo files are much smaller than they should be.
I'm going to run the Java and compare the two.

guile
27th January 2007, 19:14

I manually added before I attemtped to do Swordfish but still get an error.

jkenzie
27th January 2007, 19:25
I manually added before I attemtped to do Swordfish but still get an error.

You added the SHA-1 hash where it says TKFMAC
and the Volume key below it?

t00ld00d
27th January 2007, 19:32
Swordfish completed both rip and menu extraction successfully. I'm using PDVD 7.1 for playback and cannot access the menu during playback. Subtitles are on and I can change to another subtitle but can't turn them off. I can always edit them out completely since I don't need them but it may be an issue for someone else. My file sizes matched up with the original disc.

I decided to try King Kong since it has been a big problem for lots of people. Version 0.3 wouldn't even acknowledge that the disc existed. It just kept giving me syntax for proper usage. Popped in Serenity and it is ripping away merrily. Maybe my KK has a dust speck, I'll give it a good eyeballing later.

jkenzie
27th January 2007, 19:39
I don't own Swordfish, so I can't test it. I'm test Serenity now. Eariler I was getting errors trying to rip to a My Book drive. It kept telling me there wasn't enough space, even though the drive has 400 gigs free. I'm reformatting that drive in ntfs now and will try again.

jkenzie
27th January 2007, 19:45
We should move this discussion over to the proper thread so Emon can be the feedback he needs
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=121042

t00ld00d
27th January 2007, 19:47
I see that Emon has released an updated version .3 since I downloaded earlier. I'll give it a whirl later.

guile
27th January 2007, 20:24
You added the SHA-1 hash where it says TKFMAC
and the Volume key below it?

Yep, I did.

guile
27th January 2007, 20:27
Eariler I was getting errors trying to rip to a My Book drive. It kept telling me there wasn't enough space, even though the drive has 400 gigs free. I'm reformatting that drive in ntfs now and will try again.

Those drives suck bro, no offense (I have two of them). Not sure which versions you have but it is most likely because the drives formated in fat32.

jkenzie
27th January 2007, 20:49
Those drives suck bro, no offense (I have two of them). Not sure which versions you have but it is most likely because the drives formated in fat32.

Yea as soon as I saw fat32 I hit the reformat button. They may suck but it was a freebie from work. Maybe this afternoon I'll rip it open and see what drive they actualy put in there.

evdberg
27th January 2007, 22:19
I don't own Swordfish, so I can't test it. I'm test Serenity now. Eariler I was getting errors trying to rip to a My Book drive. It kept telling me there wasn't enough space, even though the drive has 400 gigs free. I'm reformatting that drive in ntfs now and will try again.

Most likely your drive was formatted as FAT32. This fileformat has a maximum filesize of 4Gb, and the main EVO files are a bit bigger than that ...

olisun
28th January 2007, 13:53

Some update,

I installed ACFilter but I still couldn't get the SPDIF to work and then I installed the sound card drivers once again and SPDIF started working fine...

I noticed that PDVD 6.5 doesn't support hardware acceleration on XP.. I tested this with both normal DVD's and HD-DVD and in the information screen it shows at HA not in use... I noticed loats of blockiness when there are fast action scenes and PDVD 6.5 crashes during movie playback and when I try to move the player from my TV to PC monitor and vice versa... I tried to use PDVD 7.1 and 7.2 in XP but they are both sluggish and crash in XP... Enabling HA on 7.1 and 7.2,renders them in unresponsive mode.

Next I installed Vista Ultimate final on a different partition (my company is Microsoft certified partner so we get all the releases a few months in advance)... I installed PDVD 6.5 first and it does not work in Vista. Next I installed first PDVD 7.1 and then 7.2 and both the versions work flawlessly in Vista... HA works fine and my CPU is less than 50% during HD-DVD playback and there is no blockiness during playback during the fast action scenes (running at 1920 X 1080i).

BUT I noticed there was no SPDIF option in the audio tab of PDVD all versions... This is due to the issue with sound card driver in vista ( I am using the Asus P5P800 SE M/B with Soundmax AD1888 audio chipset)... Next I installed an old SBLive 5.1 card and the modified Creative driver to enable SPDIF, which it does but still I cannot see SPDIF as an option in Vista...

Now either PDVD is buggy and rely only on certain Vista API's to enable SPDIF or Vista does not pass on proper information to third party applications in order them to function properly.

Does anybody know of any soundcard which does stream the audio in SPDIF and work fine in Vista?

Metro
28th January 2007, 15:12
Yea as soon as I saw fat32 I hit the reformat button. They may suck but it was a freebie from work. Maybe this afternoon I'll rip it open and see what drive they actualy put in there.

FYI WD-MyBook drives contain, unsurprisingly, a WD drive. There are two flavours, "Premium edition" with firewire = SATA-300/7200 with 16MB buffer (nice HDD, btw) or "Essential edition" = ATA with whatever appropriate capacity WD they have in the plant at the time. To open them is a bit tricky if you want to avoid damaging the case. You need to push in the fairly obvious tabs in the slots on the top and bottom while levering the 'cover' at the connector side, towards the 'spine', with a blunt table knife. The ATA variants have a screw you need to remove first, it's covered by a seal in the corner of one face. The SATA variants don't have any case screws. I've pulled a load of these apart for their drives because for a while my local Costco was selling them for less than a bare drive anywhere else. Once you format to NTFS, the extracted drives are just fine.

tonyp12
28th January 2007, 17:56
I did the IME fix on The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo drift , it works great.

I can't jump foward in movie by pressing on time bar,
but fast foward 32x works.

This is how the file structure should look like.
http://home.comcast.net/~tony1717/IMEfix.GIF

<!--
Deluxe Digital Studios
Universal Studios
03/2006
Nazim Pethani
-->
<Configuration>
</Configuration>
<MediaAttributeList>
</MediaAttributeList>

<Title titleNumber="1" titleDuration="01:44:07:44" id="MainMovie" displayName="Main Movie" onEnd="deluxe" alternativeSDDisplayMode="letterbox" tickBaseDivisor="2">
<PrimaryAudioVideoClip titleTimeBegin="00:00:00:00" titleTimeEnd="00:56:30:24" src="file:///dvddisc/HVDVD_TS/FEATURE_1.MAP" dataSource="Disc">
<Audio track="2" streamNumber="2" mediaAttr="1" description="Espanol 5.1"/>
<Audio track="3" streamNumber="3" mediaAttr="1" description="Francais 5.1"/>
<Audio track="4" streamNumber="4" mediaAttr="1" description="commentary 2.0"/>
<!--Subtitle track="1" streamNumber="1" mediaAttr="1" description="English SDH"/-->
<!--Subtitle track="2" streamNumber="2" mediaAttr="1" description="Espanol"/-->
<!--Subtitle track="3" streamNumber="3" mediaAttr="1" description="Francais"/-->
<!--Subtitle track="4" streamNumber="4" mediaAttr="1" description="Forced Espanol"/-->
<!--Subtitle track="5" streamNumber="5" mediaAttr="1" description="Forced Francais"/-->
<SubVideo track="1" mediaAttr="1"/>
<SubAudio track="1" streamNumber="1" mediaAttr="1"/>
</PrimaryAudioVideoClip>
<PrimaryAudioVideoClip titleTimeBegin="00:56:30:24" titleTimeEnd="01:44:07:44" src="file:///dvddisc/HVDVD_TS/FEATURE_2.MAP" dataSource="Disc" seamless="true">
<!--Subtitle track="1" streamNumber="1" mediaAttr="1" description="English SDH"/-->
<!--Subtitle track="2" streamNumber="2" mediaAttr="1" description="Espanol"/-->
<!--Subtitle track="3" streamNumber="3" mediaAttr="1" description="Francais"/-->
<!--Subtitle track="4" streamNumber="4" mediaAttr="1" description="Forced Espanol"/-->
<!--Subtitle track="5" streamNumber="5" mediaAttr="1" description="Forced Francais"/-->
<SubVideo track="1" mediaAttr="1"/>
<SubAudio track="1" streamNumber="1" mediaAttr="1"/>
</PrimaryAudioVideoClip>
</Title>

</TitleSet>
</Playlist>
if you open below file in wordpad you will see that everything in bold is what I keept (red=change)
Original VPLST file (http://home.comcast.net/~tony1717/VPLST000.rtf)

Now open PowerDVD (I use Ultra HDDVD 7.1) select "Open movie file on hard disk drive"
point to the folder that contains the ADV_OBJ + HVDVD_TS folders.

2bigkings
28th January 2007, 17:58
<!Subtitle track="1" streamNumber="1" mediaAttr="1" description="English SDH"/>

why is there a "!" ?

tonyp12
28th January 2007, 18:00
why is there a "!" ?

I think i should use <!-- --> on all subtitles and on both evos, (done)
So PowerDVD does not show it, a bug in powerdvd that does not allow to turn it off.
But when the bug is fixed you can remove the !--

Anyone with a monitor or TV that can do 48hz or 72hz?
I think you would get smoother play back if you changed it to <TitleSet timeBase="48fps"

kad77
28th January 2007, 20:25
While IME patches should be applauded, consider the are workarounds to core bugs/non-implemented features in the original BackupHDDVD decryption algorithm.

Please read this highly informative post: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=941169#post941169

It eloquently highlights core functionality that needs to be addressed in order to achieve proper backups, without all these side-effects / errors.

PMing the OP of that link (cwm9), and asking what you can do to aid him in bringing the core algorithm out of beta / proof-of-concept status is the future of BackupHDDVD. Ports that proliferate the same bugs and shortcoming, or hacking workarounds will not ever address the fundamental problem.

Please join a team such as the one at sourceforge, and work together on fully implementing the AACS spec. That is the only way we will ever achieve true, uncorrupted backups!

blutach
28th January 2007, 23:26
@kad77 - this is 3 times in the last few hours you have posted this. Whilst I don't disagree with your view, please be aware of our cross posting rules.

Regards

kad77
29th January 2007, 01:27
@kad77 - this is 3 times in the last few hours you have posted this. Whilst I don't disagree with your view, please be aware of our cross posting rules.

Regards

Sorry about that! I kept seeing the same questions pop up in each individual thread. Apparently people aren't reading / comprehending the information in the original BackupHDDVD thread (it is very long).

Maybe a sticky topic referencing the state of current core development could be started that only mods post in. Then cwm9, muslix64, Janvitos and others working on functionality that benefits all the spin-offs could PM info to you / other mods. This would surely keep the sticky on topic, and give newcomers / status checkers a clean, informative synopsis.

I'll keep the cross-posting in check from now on.

thx

SAT4N
29th January 2007, 02:12
Not sure if this is the right thread but it does have to do with IME.

For backup purposes and ease of playback, what ive done so far is join the movie EVO's and then split them into DVD-R size chunks using hjsplit which i can then burn to DVD-R. This works fine with non-IME movies, and i can just pop the discs in one after another and they play.

This seems better than backing up the rars to DVD-R since, restoring would take forever when i want to watch that movie.

My question is, are there any side effects of just keeping the EVO's and also splitting them like im doing? Am i going to be missing something down the road that I may need for successful playback? I know this method wont work for movies with IME and also the menus wont work. What are others doing about backup?

v1rtu0s1ty
29th January 2007, 02:46
Wow, this is a cool thread. What hd dvd drive should I buy for my pc?

Thanks

jokin
29th January 2007, 03:16
Wow, this is a cool thread. What hd dvd drive should I buy for my pc?

Thanks

The 360 drive. Didnt need the question in this thread when you have your own thread.

blutach
29th January 2007, 04:13
Virtu0sity

Please do not cross post. As well your question is posted in here incorrectly and in fact in the wrong forum (I have moved your other thread). As well, it borders on a rule 12 breach.

As you are new here, I'll ask you to review our rules carefully and work within them in future please.

Regards

2439rf8hasjdert4
30th January 2007, 01:30
This is my VPLST000.XPL file for Equilibrium.
Does this look correct?

<!-- configuration information -->
<Configuration>
</Configuration>
<!-- media information -->
<MediaAttributeList>
<VideoAttributeItem index="1" codec="AVC"/>
<VideoAttributeItem index="2" codec="MPEG-2"/>
<AudioAttributeItem index="1" codec="DD+" channels="6"/>
<AudioAttributeItem index="2" codec="DD+" channels="2"/>
</MediaAttributeList>
<!-- title information -->

<Title id="MAIN_VIDEO" titleNumber="1" titleDuration="01:46:58:00" tickBaseDivisor="3" onEnd="DUMMY">
<PrimaryAudioVideoClip dataSource="Disc" titleTimeBegin="00:00:00:00" titleTimeEnd="01:04:37:02" src="file:///dvddisc/HVDVD_TS/PEVOB_01MAIN_1.MAP">
<Audio track="1" streamNumber="1" mediaAttr="1"/>
<Audio track="2" streamNumber="2" mediaAttr="1"/>
<Audio track="3" streamNumber="3" mediaAttr="2"/>
<Audio track="4" streamNumber="4" mediaAttr="2"/>
<Subtitle track="1" streamNumber="1" mediaAttr="1"/>
<Subtitle track="2" streamNumber="2" mediaAttr="1"/>
<Subtitle track="3" streamNumber="3" mediaAttr="1"/>
<Subtitle track="4" streamNumber="4" mediaAttr="1"/>
</PrimaryAudioVideoClip>
<PrimaryAudioVideoClip dataSource="Disc" titleTimeBegin="01:04:37:02" titleTimeEnd="01:46:58:00" src="file:///dvddisc/HVDVD_TS/PEVOB_01MAIN_2.MAP" seamless="true">
<Audio track="1" streamNumber="1" mediaAttr="1"/>
<Audio track="2" streamNumber="2" mediaAttr="1"/>
<Audio track="3" streamNumber="3" mediaAttr="2"/>
<Audio track="4" streamNumber="4" mediaAttr="2"/>
<Subtitle track="1" streamNumber="1" mediaAttr="1"/>
<Subtitle track="2" streamNumber="2" mediaAttr="1"/>
<Subtitle track="3" streamNumber="3" mediaAttr="1"/>
<Subtitle track="4" streamNumber="4" mediaAttr="1"/>
</PrimaryAudioVideoClip>
<ChapterList>
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 1" titleTimeBegin="00:00:00:00" />
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 2" titleTimeBegin="00:01:43:02" />
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 3" titleTimeBegin="00:03:32:30" />
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 4" titleTimeBegin="00:06:27:40" />
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 5" titleTimeBegin="00:08:37:02" />
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 6" titleTimeBegin="00:11:56:57" />
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 7" titleTimeBegin="00:15:19:57" />
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 8" titleTimeBegin="00:18:26:22" />
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 9" titleTimeBegin="00:19:42:40" />
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 10" titleTimeBegin="00:20:47:45" />
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 11" titleTimeBegin="00:22:45:02" />
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 12" titleTimeBegin="00:25:40:17" />
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 13" titleTimeBegin="00:30:20:02" />
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 14" titleTimeBegin="00:31:09:42" />
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 15" titleTimeBegin="00:37:02:32" />
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 16" titleTimeBegin="00:47:38:00" />
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 17" titleTimeBegin="00:51:22:10" />
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 18" titleTimeBegin="00:53:51:35" />
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 19" titleTimeBegin="00:56:40:12" />
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 20" titleTimeBegin="01:03:06:20" />
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 21" titleTimeBegin="01:06:23:15" />
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 22" titleTimeBegin="01:08:32:00" />
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 23" titleTimeBegin="01:11:50:57" />
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 24" titleTimeBegin="01:16:16:25" />
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 25" titleTimeBegin="01:17:38:50" />
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 26" titleTimeBegin="01:23:42:00" />
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 27" titleTimeBegin="01:27:09:30" />
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 28" titleTimeBegin="01:28:42:00" />
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 29" titleTimeBegin="01:32:46:42" />
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 30" titleTimeBegin="01:34:32:30" />
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 31" titleTimeBegin="01:40:25:30" />
<Chapter displayName="Chapter 32" titleTimeBegin="01:46:57:00" />
</ChapterList>
<TrackNavigationList>
<VideoTrack track="1"/>
<AudioTrack track="1" langcode="en:00"/>
<AudioTrack track="2" langcode="ja:00"/>
<AudioTrack track="3" langcode="en:01"/>
<AudioTrack track="4" langcode="en:02"/>
<SubtitleTrack langcode="ja:00" track="1"/>
<SubtitleTrack langcode="ja:01" track="2"/>
<SubtitleTrack langcode="ja:02" track="3"/>
<SubtitleTrack langcode="ja:03" track="4"/>
</TrackNavigationList>
</Title>
</Titleset>
</Playlist>

jokin
30th January 2007, 11:31
Could someone post or pm me the MI:3 XPL they are using?

Pelican9
30th January 2007, 12:16
This is my VPLST000.XPL file for Equilibrium.

One tag is missing, insert this after the first row:

How many subtitles are there in this movie?
I can demux from my EVO (which is only a first 350 MB of the original file) only three, but the XPL reports four.
So 3 or 4?

2439rf8hasjdert4
30th January 2007, 23:24
One tag is missing, insert this after the first row:

How many subtitles are there in this movie?
I can demux from my EVO (which is only a first 350 MB of the original file) only three, but the XPL reports four.
So 3 or 4?

Thanks, but the picture is still choppy. Is this because of my hardware, or is there something else wrong with the XPL? Could you post the Equilibrium XPL so I can test if it works correctly?

ballenjr
31st January 2007, 01:13
2439rf8hasjdert4,

I believe the choppy playback is due to the fact this movie is encoded in mpeg 4 rather than VC1.
All of my VC1 backups play smooth, but this one is choppy as you say. The only difference I can see is this one is mpeg4.

Furthermore, my cpu usage is in about the 70% range when playing VC1 movies. With Equilibrium I'm at 100% the whole time. So it may be we just don't have the horsepower to play this disc smoothly.

If anybody has backed up Equilibrium and is getting smooth playback, please share how you did it.

Thanks

Manbearpig
31st January 2007, 01:56
2439rf8hasjdert4,

I believe the choppy playback is due to the fact this movie is encoded in mpeg 4 rather than VC1.

Thanks

yes it's that for sure, on my p4 i can play vc1 encoded hd-dvd smootly, no way to play this Equilibrium which uses h264 encoding, much more cpu-power hungry.

bgbop15
1st February 2007, 15:06
2439rf8hasjdert4,

All of my VC1 backups play smooth, but this one is choppy as you say. The only difference I can see is this one is mpeg4.

Furthermore, my cpu usage is in about the 70% range when playing VC1 movies. With Equilibrium I'm at 100% the whole time. So it may be we just don't have the horsepower to play this disc smoothly.

If anybody has backed up Equilibrium and is getting smooth playback, please share how you did it.

Thanks

can we please get your specs?

tonyp12
1st February 2007, 19:33
Pelican have created a Demux and Remux feature in his
EVOdemux0.53b.exe http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=947469#post947469

So that would be a "Rebuild", so click that button.

No more IME problems plus the file will be around 10% smaller.

Tested with King Kong.
browse to the FEATURE_1.EVO and click 'Read EVO'
VC-1.stream.0 , DD+.stream.00 and no subpicture selected, worked great.

magnusr
12th February 2007, 11:42
A couple of questions regarding Tokyo Drift:

What is the tickBaseDivisor="2" ?

And should i remove:

<Subtitle track="4" streamNumber="4" mediaAttr="1" description="Forced Espanol"/>
<Subtitle track="5" streamNumber="5" mediaAttr="1" description="Forced Francais"/>

SubtitleTrack track="4" langcode="es:01" selectable="false"/>
<SubtitleTrack track="5" langcode="fr:01" selectable="false"/>

dont need any forced subtitles.....

Other than that does my xpl file look ok?

<Configuration>
</Configuration>
<MediaAttributeList>
</MediaAttributeList>

<Title titleNumber="1" titleDuration="01:44:07:44" id="MainMovie" displayName="Main Movie" onEnd="Main Movie" alternativeSDDisplayMode="letterbox" tickBaseDivisor="2">
<PrimaryAudioVideoClip titleTimeBegin="00:00:00:00" titleTimeEnd="00:56:30:24" src="file:///dvddisc/HVDVD_TS/FEATURE_1.MAP" dataSource="Disc">
<Subtitle track="4" streamNumber="4" mediaAttr="1" description="Forced Espanol"/>
<Subtitle track="5" streamNumber="5" mediaAttr="1" description="Forced Francais"/>
</PrimaryAudioVideoClip>
<PrimaryAudioVideoClip titleTimeBegin="00:56:30:24" titleTimeEnd="01:44:07:44" src="file:///dvddisc/HVDVD_TS/FEATURE_2.MAP" dataSource="Disc" seamless="true">
</PrimaryAudioVideoClip>

<ChapterList>
<Chapter displayName="Main Titles" titleTimeBegin="00:00:00:00" />
<Chapter displayName="Winner Take All" titleTimeBegin="00:03:05:12" />
<Chapter displayName="Off the Streets" titleTimeBegin="00:09:43:55" />
<Chapter displayName="Stick to the Rules" titleTimeBegin="00:12:10:57" />
<Chapter displayName="First Day in Class" titleTimeBegin="00:16:15:25" />
<Chapter displayName="My Ride" titleTimeBegin="00:20:16:37" />
<Chapter displayName="DK Challenge" titleTimeBegin="00:26:35:52" />
<Chapter displayName="No Choice" titleTimeBegin="00:32:55:52" />
<Chapter displayName="Represent" titleTimeBegin="00:41:12:50" />
<Chapter displayName="Trust and Character" titleTimeBegin="00:46:33:00" />
<Chapter displayName="Feel It!" titleTimeBegin="00:52:53:00" />
<Chapter displayName="Drifting Date" titleTimeBegin="00:58:17:32" />
<Chapter displayName="Gaijin" titleTimeBegin="01:01:43:27" />
<Chapter displayName="For Want" titleTimeBegin="01:05:47:27" />
<Chapter displayName="It's What We Do" titleTimeBegin="01:08:52:52" />
<Chapter displayName="My Mess" titleTimeBegin="01:16:10:57" />
<Chapter displayName="Peaceful Resolution" titleTimeBegin="01:20:27:30" />
<Chapter displayName="To the Finish" titleTimeBegin="01:26:48:57" />
<Chapter displayName="An Old Friend" titleTimeBegin="01:34:55:10" />
<Chapter displayName="End Titles" titleTimeBegin="01:37:41:25" />
</ChapterList>
<TrackNavigationList>
<AudioTrack track="4" langcode="en:03" selectable="true"/>
<SubtitleTrack track="4" langcode="es:01" selectable="false"/>
<SubtitleTrack track="5" langcode="fr:01" selectable="false"/>
</TrackNavigationList>
</Title>

</TitleSet>
</Playlist>

dokworm
14th February 2007, 00:49
I'm very interested in this.

I wonder if we can change the timebase to 72fps or 48fps to get judder free playback instead of crappy 60fps...

erikt
22nd February 2007, 05:03
I already know what is the problem: obviously PowerDVD 6.5 won't play from a network drive. When the folder is locally on the HD it does work. Unfortunately I do not have much freespace on the internal HD ...

You probably already figured this out, but just in case... If you map your network drive, the problem goes away.
My Computer->Tools->Map Network Drive...

Cheers,
erikt

noskillz
22nd February 2007, 08:53
What program do you guys use when you edit the VPLST000.XPL files?
None of the programs I have tried will read the file.

evdberg
22nd February 2007, 10:37
You probably already figured this out

Yes, I did !

Pelican9
22nd February 2007, 11:04
What program do you guys use when you edit the VPLST000.XPL files?
None of the programs I have tried will read the file.

You can use any text editor.

noskillz
22nd February 2007, 15:52
You can use any text editor.

When i open VPLST000.XPL in Word I get 10 pages of a "square" symbol.
Corupt file maybe? Its from Pitch Black.

SvT
22nd February 2007, 18:17
When i open VPLST000.XPL in Word I get 10 pages of a "square" symbol.
Corupt file maybe? Its from Pitch Black.

Try opening in a text editor like "notepad" if that doesn't work I think your file is corrupt :(

Goodluck !

HyperHacker
23rd February 2007, 00:49
Word is not generally considered a text editor, rather a word processor. It can edit plain text files, but that's really not what it's intended for.