PDA

View Full Version : Encoding freeze problem Please read

poo619
26th December 2001, 11:14
I have used dvd2svcd for quite a while now. I have recently ran into a problem that has been driving me crazy. When I get to the CCE part of the process it starts out good then fails. When it first starts encoding the file the speed starts low then greatly increases as normal. It gets to about 1.097 (1700+ xp athlon with 256 DDR Asus mobo) speed then starts to decrease. This has never happened before. It goes down to about .670 speed then freezes. CCE fails to encode anymore of the film and the counters stop. The program itself is still able to be closed the normal way but does not function. I have tried lowering the bitrate and rencoding but it always does the same thing. Anyone run into this problem besides me or have any ideas how I can get around this I would appreciate a reply:confused:

Wh00pS
26th December 2001, 19:31
I used to get this problem a LOT.It was solved by downloading and installing the latest Via 4 in 1 drivers (sorry i dont have the link handy)This solved all my problems and i have not had a lock up since :)
Give it a try it may or may not work for you.

kraven morehead
26th December 2001, 21:43
same problem here.
i remember this happened a few months back, and the only thing that helped was installing a newer version of dvd2svcd than the one i was using. now, 2 days ago, this starts happening again. i have tried everything, i uninstalled dvd2svcd,cce and got the latest version, re-installed it along with cce and it still does it.
im going to revert back to an older version of dvd2svcd and try that as i have no idea what is happening. it always freezes at 35% of the .mpv encoding process. the speed just decreases, then finally it doesnt advance any further. i can close out of everything as well.
this is driving me crazy as i had no problems in the past for a long time. i swear it has to be something either with the installer, maybe try downloading the zip software bundle?
i dont know, ill try installing an older version and see if i still have the same problems, if so , maybe my computer is the suspect? i havent changed the configuration so i cant imagine what the deal is.

mrbass
27th December 2001, 00:53
Yyour CCE bitrate max. avg and max bitrates have a difference of 300 between the two.

poo619
27th December 2001, 08:37
I have tried lowering my bitrate but for some reason it still did the same thing. As for the 4 in 1 drivers I am running win XP and most of the things already come standard so I dont think this is the problem. I have encoded some svcds on this system already so I dont know what the deal is. Thanks for the responses I will try the advise and let you know what happenes

Mirek
27th December 2001, 10:41
I have the same problem. CCE starts out good then fails. When it first starts encoding the file the speed starts low then greatly increases as normal. It gets to about .700 (Duron 1000MHz (Morgan) with 256 DDR ECS K7S5A SIS 735 - so maybe it is not a matter of chipset) speed then starts to decrease. It goes down to about .380 speed then freezes (about 47% done). CCE fails to encode anymore of the film and the counters stop. The program itself is still able to be closed the normal way but does not function.
Please tell me what version of CCE do you use? I use cracked version ;-) so maybe it is the reason? If not please tell me what to do? Maybe it will be a good idea to have a possibility to use a different encoder (with dvd2svcd of course) like TMPGEnc??!!
Mirek
BTW I use the ver .1.05 build 3 dvd2svcd on win 95 SE.

poo619
27th December 2001, 13:20
Well I thought "maybe dvd2svcd wont let me encode gay movies" I was right. It still will not let me encode "NSync Live from Madison square Garden" But right now I am encoding "Showgirls" at a whopping 1.500 speed. Go figure. If anyone has access to this show (I know its gay but it is for my sister) give it a shot. There shouldnt be anything special about the dvd to stop it from being encoded. Also if you are having trouble with CCE did you try encoding a different movie or have you been trying the same movie all the time. Let me know

Mirek
27th December 2001, 13:53
I tried encoding Jurassic Park II all the time (3 times) and today I'm going to try with Evolution.
BTW I read a post suggesting that Avisynth is the source of problem.
In this theory it (avisynth) sometimes stops serving frame (bug?), it may explain why cce can be stopped (it really looks like waiting for frames...).
I'm going to check it out today with Jurrasic...
Acording to http://rilanparty.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10890
I'm going:
- Deleted all avisynth dll's floating around on my disks.
- Downloaded the latest beta 5
- installed the dll into system32 directory and DVD2SVCD/avisynth directory
- doubleclicked the included reg file
- resartrted DVD2SVCD in recovery mode starting from encoding video
...and I hope it will work...
Mirek

mrfixit
27th December 2001, 17:24
Originally posted by poo619
I have tried lowering my bitrate but for some reason it still did the same thing. As for the 4 in 1 drivers I am running win XP and most of the things already come standard so I dont think this is the problem. I have encoded some svcds on this system already so I dont know what the deal is. Thanks for the responses I will try the advise and let you know what happenes

there are 4 in 1 drivers XP you can get them here http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2

kraven morehead
28th December 2001, 22:37
im happy to report that i fixed my problem!
heres what i did, and ill be amazed if it doesnt work for you.
first of all go to add/remove programs and uninstall dvd2svcd and then do the same for cce.
reboot the machine
then install an older version i used 1.0.0.3 build 4 i believe
(im at work so i cant remember off the top of my head)
this version still has the title and change cd picture option available so its fine for me.
after re-installing the older build of dvd2svcd ,
re-install cce 2.50 and then crack it before ever opening the program.
fire up dvd2svcd and make sure all your paths are correct and set.
set your default output folders etc.
for the first try i left everything at default for bitrate except i changed all the 800 mb to 790 so they fit on a 700mb cdr.
it worked perfectly (even with the vstrip) so for the next 2 movies i have since increased the bitrate for a min avg of 2000 and it runs like a champ. my advice is if it aint broke dont fix it. i dont know why i ever upgraded from the old version, but i did, and thats when the problems slowly started. its worth a shot so give it a try and report back. i wish you good luck. also,
i know we all have different configurations for our pc, i am running winxp pro have a p4 1.7g w/256mb ram asus p4t mobo.

good luck again.
kraven-