PDA

View Full Version : Audio Unsynched w/video & Subtitles

Socko
25th December 2001, 23:00
Ive done a few great rips to divx in the past with gknot, but Ive got a problem...I rented "El Mariachi" (the spanish, somewhat of a prequel to Desperado) dvd

It has a english audio track but its commentaries, no dub but french so I ripped the original spanish audio (i can understand most spanish, but prefer english) and the english subtitles.

The first time I encoded, I "burned" the subtitles into the avi so its part of the video file...But when it was all done, the audio was totally unsynched with the video (Im not sure if the subtitles were unsynched with the movie, but I think not becuase they werent synched to the audio either) using GKnot v0.22 and divx3, 80min cd with 128 mp3.

I had ripped using force film like I have in the past with region 1 dvds, so when that failed i tried it as interlaced, non-film ntsc at the 29FPS, still didnt work...Im on a fast computer with lots of ram

If anyone has advice, please let me know, a bit later on Im going to try to encode using Divx4 and see if that works...but Im gonna wait for a reply...would having the subtitles embedded into the video mess up the audio for some reason?

Also, a feature I think should be added, more convience than anything: the ability to move the jobs up and down in the queue list

Socko
27th December 2001, 09:27
tried the divx4 coding, and it of course didnt work (the same error that tons of other people got, the 2nd pass log file bug)

the dvd goes back by tommorow, but i still got the vobs on my hard drive so im gonna hope that a solution can be found!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
How to watch long movies in HALF the time!...

...Open movie in Power DVD->right click->click Foward->select 2x and you're set!

Socko
29th December 2001, 12:13
upon further examination (i speak spanish somewhat), i figured out that the subtiles & audio are EXACTLY synched together, but neither are synched with the actual video itself, its too slow

if i manually resynch the subs to match the video, would it maybe make the audio synched too?