PDA

View Full Version : STEREO makes sound click... but I don't wanna use mono!

El Enmascarado
29th December 2006, 01:22
Whenever STEREO is ON on my VCR and start transferring video to my PC... when I playback the AVI... in many parts the sound is distorted but this is not the case on the TV! What can I do? I tried mono and it seems to help a lot although not 100% but I still don't want this as the sound has less volume! heeelp! :scared:

juhok
29th December 2006, 03:59
What do you use for AD? I had the exact same problem with Edirol VMC-1 and the outcome.. Edirol gave my money back and said they cannot fix it.

El Enmascarado
29th December 2006, 05:36
What do you use for AD? I had the exact same problem with Edirol VMC-1 and the outcome.. Edirol gave my money back and said they cannot fix it.
I use a ADVC-110. I can't believe your device didn't fix it... it seems more complex then mine... Did you find a fix? I heard using a equalizer may help but can't software do it instead?

juhok
29th December 2006, 07:57
As to Edirol, I tried using the in-device supposedly preAD volume adjustment, but it didn't do any good. I have no idea whatsoever what was the fault and why they didn't fix it. But they refunded me fully after over an year of use.. so must've been something "bad". :)

As to your problem, have you tried to take the volume down before ADVC? I'm testing ADVC300 and one tape that clicked before now works (with very minor clicks which might really be there as I havent had patience to check it directly from the deck). The volume adjustment must happen in analog domain. There's nothing equ can do after the signal's been distorded already -- so no software can fix this (well you could do some noise/click reduction afterwards and so forth, but it's really a lot of trouble and outcome might still be very bad).

El Enmascarado
29th December 2006, 09:44
Confirm that the ADVC300 fix it or someone come with a solution... so far only mono got rid of 95% of the noise stereo makes but mono sound is very degrading.