PDA

View Full Version : Ripping subs from ogm, then re-use them?

st0rmy
28th November 2006, 00:54
I have a lot of .OGM files from a serie with subs that aren't embedded.

I found the same series, but from a different dvd set and a different encoder. The audio and video quality is much better, but these files don't have subs.

So I want to take the subtitles from the .ogm files and use them for the other files (which are encoded with Windows Media Video 9). I'm not so worried about the synch, I'm more curious if it's even possible.

setarip_old
28th November 2006, 00:59
I found the same series, but from a different dvd set and a different encoder.Can't you simply rip and convert from your original DVDs, including the subtitles?

st0rmy
28th November 2006, 01:10
Can't you simply rip and convert from your original DVDs, including the subtitles?
I didn't make the ogm files myself. I'm just helping out.

Mtz
28th November 2006, 04:30
Use VirtualDubMod. Go to Streams > Stream List > and save from there the srt subtitles streams.

enjoy,
Mtz

st0rmy
29th November 2006, 22:38
Use VirtualDubMod. Go to Streams > Stream List > and save from there the srt subtitles streams.

enjoy,
Mtz

Thanks, I'm able to save them.

Unfortunately the dilemma is still with us, because VirtualDubMod doesn't support the 'Windows Media Video 9' codec.

If anyone knows a way to get around this i would really appreciate it. Not just me actually, there are a lot of people with the same problem.

You see it's a series that's now been re-released in much higher quality, but the re-release doesn't contain subtitles.