PDA

View Full Version : Need help preparing footage for PocketPC.

fragmaster170
27th November 2006, 11:56
I recently purchased a Dell Axim X30.

It has a 320x240 screen, 64mb of ram and a 624mhz Intel PX270 (StrongARM) processor. *boast*

I think it has enough oomph to do something a little bit more intensive than MPG1/2 without troubles at its native resolution.

I will be using The Core Pocket Media Player as VLC can be a memory hog at times.

To quote Wikipedia:
TCPMP supports many audio, video, and image formats, including AC3, HE-AAC, AMR, DivX, FLAC, H.263, H.264, JPEG, Monkey's Audio, MJPEG, MPEG-1, MP2, MP3, Musepack, MS-MPEG4-v3, PNG, Speex, TIFF, TTA, Vorbis, WAV, WavPack and XviD. It supports many container formats, including 3GP, ASF, AVI, Matroska, MPEG, OGG, OGM and QuickTime

So, any suggestions on how to proceed?

I should have all the tools I need already and am fairly proficient with all the basics. Getting down and dirty with AVISynth never really bothered me.

My source material is going to be some OGM files. They are an animated show of approximatly 25 minutes in length a piece.

I bought a 1gig SD card and have nothing on it so space isnt terribly important.

The speaker in my pocket PC is mono so the sound quality isnt too terribly important.

Any suggestions on where to start throwing away bits with AVISynth? If I recall correctly you can see some fairly good losses in filesize with proper tweaking.

Unfortunatly I have no real experience with converting animated video and as I know there is more than one or two tricks to get that filesize down I would like to hear if anyone has some tips.