PDA

View Full Version : about the use of polls

Doom9
22nd December 2001, 01:04
5 polls within a couple of minutes by the same user? Do I even have to comment on this? I could turn off poll you know... but at times it can be a usful feature.

videofan
22nd December 2001, 01:17
xcuse me - what's wrong with that? if u don't like them, feel free to delete them.

videofan
22nd December 2001, 01:23
now that u deleted them, could you also make public your poll policy?

cofferscuffs
22nd December 2001, 11:25
I think he means 1 poll is ok, but not 5 (or 4 I can't remember now), when you could of posted all your questions in one thread and asked for input, starting a debate.

videofan
22nd December 2001, 15:53
well, i've found no such reference on the forum rules or faq. if there's a place where this rule is published, please let me know and i will follow the rule. if not, i consider this behaviour as irrational and subjective. unprofessional, if you want.

cofferscuffs
22nd December 2001, 16:12
I know it isn't in the forum rules or FAQ, but I for one do not see why you couldn't just do it all in one post and start a debate... after all I don't personally like several threads which could all be answered in one thread, I consider it to rude (and a waste of space). I know you were only trying to find out information, but IMHO you went the wrong way about it by using multiple posts. Which is unprofessional of YOU, if you want.

videofan
22nd December 2001, 16:39
whatever you say about me (and remember, i didn't attack you personally, as you are trying), the facts remain the same:
- the polls were deleted by no rules - NO OFFICIAL RULES, right?
- there's also no official rule about a "debate", as you name it, which again leaves room for subjective reactions. i don't remember to have seen such a debate during the past few months i've visited this forum
- speaking about netiquette - a few days ago, in a thread named "why nobody talks a gknot", the administrator of this forum said: "they don't really give a fuck", speaking about some guy who happens to disagree with him or whatever. whoa, nellie! that's really PROFESSIONAL!!!!
- i think there's no point to continue this thread. i personally won't reply to it any longer.

cofferscuffs
22nd December 2001, 16:58
OK, it's your right not to reply anymore to this thread but I am not "trying" to attack you, I was just giving my side/opinion of it. Second point: there has been debates recently: I want to know your ethical level? (http://rilanparty.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11072) in this thread the guy who started it could of posted a poll like you did, but he went the debate way. Oh yeah this was posted @ 11th December 2001 08:51 for your information (hmmm.. unless I'm wrong thats THIS month). By the way, I did not say there was a rule on debates - only that you COULD OF gone that path...

And yes, there probably are people on this forum who are unprofessional in the way they put their point across, but using that as an exuse for your netiquette is worse (I bet you're thinking I'm attacking you now). Don't get so wound up... losen up and don't think I'm attacking you.

Doom9
22nd December 2001, 17:04
do we have to put common sense into the forum rules? you don't post 5 polls or threads in the same forum.. you just don't do it. you put it all together in one.