PDA

View Full Version : To backup a DVD9 to a DL do I remove layer breaks?

Dm32
3rd October 2006, 11:39
To backup a DVD9 to a DVD R DL do I need to remove the layer break off the dvd9 first?

I notice when I try to backup a dvd9 to a DL disk, my stand alone DVD player freezes halfway when playing the DVD.
Could this have something to do with the original layer break on the DVD9 disk I am backing up?

How do I remove the layerbreak off the DVD9 original?

Is there a guide to backing up a dvd9 to a DL disk? What program should I use?

CWR03
3rd October 2006, 11:49
Most DVDs can be backed up using DVD Decrypter by itself. If there's no advanced copy protection, just rip it in .ISO mode, then burn it by opening the .MDS file. Almost all disks can be ripped by RipIt4Me, which uses DVD Decrypter along with other tools to "clean" the files and prepare them, then they can be imported into ImgBurn for burning. All aforementioned programs are free.

lilhobo
3rd October 2006, 12:49
what do i need to copy DVD9 to 2x DVD5 ???

CWR03
3rd October 2006, 12:52
DVD Shrink is one method - if it's a movie with lots of extras, you can put "movie only" with no menus on one disk and everything else on another.

blutach
3rd October 2006, 14:07
I'd use VobBlanker (http://jsoto.posunplugged.com/vobblanker.htm) to split. Keep menus on both disks. See the site for a guide.

Regards

setarip_old
3rd October 2006, 18:35
@Dm32

Hi!

In addition to the very sound advice given by "CWR03", it is STRONGLY suggested that you use Verbatim DL DVD+R media for burning your DL backups. Thusfar this media is the only DL media that has proven to be consistently successful for DL burns...

Dm32
4th October 2006, 01:26
Hey guys thanks, but heres my dillema.

Im at school, and I backed up a few movies from home on my lap top, but I ripped the files not ISO.

Is there anything I can do with the files? I dont have access to the movie at the moment cause its over a thousand miles away at home.

Can I run the files through nero or something to encode it to a dvdr DL disk? Will that take care of the original layer break?

I am using verbatin DL disks, but it pauses where the original layer break on the original disk was. It freezes and wont move forward.

blutach
4th October 2006, 02:15
Use build mode in ImgBurn (www.imgburn.com). Guides on the ImgBurn Forum (http://forum.imgburn.com/).

Regards

r0lZ
4th October 2006, 07:51
Can I run the files through nero or something to encode it to a dvdr DL disk? Will that take care of the original layer break?Certainly not! Use ImgBurn!