PDA

View Full Version : Xvid profiles for MeGUI (1CD/2CD profiles)

Bh4i
1st October 2006, 19:15
I searched on google and here for a Xvid profile for a 1CD and/or 2CD DVD-Rip, but couldnt find one.

I only have those standard profiles for MeGUI, and i it seems weird there arent any 1CD/2CD profiles.

Can someone link me to these profiles if they exist, and if not tell my why there arent any?

Bh4i
1st October 2006, 19:59
Srry guys for this thread, i searched alot but found this few sec ago:

Naming has changed:
1-2CD preset --> 30% comp. check
2-3CD preset --> 45% comp. check
3CD preset --> 58% comp. check
DVD-R perfect preset --> 90% comp. check

Still wondering why 1CD doesnt have its own preset.

But i think i should have asked this in this thread: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=107897

Didnt knew presets and profiles are referring to the same :o

check
2nd October 2006, 04:08
The reason the presets are labelled after relative compression instead of absolute filesize is that they produce a better output this way.
If you do a compressibility check you can easily determine the compression required to fit the video into the space given at the maximum quality, rather than trying to use "one size fits all" presets.
The program to calculate compressibility is called 'enc'.

Bh4i
2nd October 2006, 08:21
Thnx for pointing me out :)

ZiGGi
23rd March 2008, 22:36
If I have an encode that is around 300 mb, but could be resized to 175 and still have a fine bitrate which profile would you recommend me? I don't understand the naming of the profile, which is why I ask.

Also, if I want the transcode to be as transparent to the source as possible, is there something that I can do?