PDA

View Full Version : Serving subtitles to NeroVision with ffdshow and an avisynth script

adoniscik
25th September 2006, 01:43
I want to create a DVD of some videos with SRT subtitles. Since NeroVision ignores external subtitle files, I thought of using an AVS file. I know about VSFilter, but has anyone managed to get ffdshow's subtitle feature to work? I tried using ffdshow("default","showSubtitles=1,subFlnm=FILENAME") but it did not work.

adoniscik
25th September 2006, 02:01
I got the subtitles to load with VSFilter but NeroVision did not accept the AVI file I made from the AVS script. So forget about NeroVision and please help me learn how to use ffdshow in avisynth scripts.

Vlcek
10th July 2007, 13:41
Same problem here - i can use all FFDSHOW parameters here but subtitle file (subFlnm=), seems like some sort of bug?

EDIT Update: Tried even to save whole preset where SRT file is manually set through FFV icon, take only subtitle settings (cca 30 variables) and put it in right format as parameter to FFDSHOW command in avisynth. With and without subdir path to SRT file, still no change - subs are not shown. Is there any hidden switch allowing to use subtitles in avisynth scripts?

Here is the line (ignore profile PAL, its my custom made):
ffdshow("PAL","isSubtitles=1, subPosX=50, subPosY=100, subDelay=0, subSpeed=1000, subAutoFlnm=0, orderSubtitles=14, fullSubtitles=1, subExpand=1, subAlign=0, showSubtitles=1, subSpeed2=1000, subStereoscopic=0, subStereoscopicPar=0, subVobsub=1, subDefLang=21315, subVobsubAA=4, subLinespacing=80, subTimeOverlap=0, subIsMinDuration=0, subMinDurationType=1, subMinDurationSubtitle=3000, subMinDurationLine=1500, subMinDurationChar=30, subFix=0, subFixLang=0, subVobsubChangePosition=0, subVobsubScale=256, subVobsubAAswgauss=700, subDefLang2=0, subOpacity=256, subSplitBorder=0, subIsExpand=0, subCC=0, subFlnm=AmericanGangster.srt, subFixDict=, fontCharset=1, fontSize=26, fontWeight=300, fontSpacing=0, fontColor=16777215, fontAutosize=1, fontSizeA=30, fontAutosizeVideoWindow=0, fontSplitting=1, fontXscale=100, fontFast=0, fontShadowMode=3, fontShadowSize=8, fontShadowAlpha=180, fontOutlineWidth=2, fontBodyAlpha=256, fontOutlineAlpha=256, fontOutlineColor=0, fontShadowColor=0, fontOpaqueBox=0, fontName=Arial")