PDA

View Full Version : divx 4.11, GKnot and keyframe intervals

Zuma
18th December 2001, 23:45
Whenever i have made a divx 4.11 rip with gknot It always seems to default to a keyframe interval of 300, even when i manually change it to something else before doing the encode.

does gknot automatically choose the value of 300 for you when it starts encoding. I dont see any option in gknot to set this value.

I am using the latest version of gknot.

Thanks
Zuma

TheWEF
19th December 2001, 11:41
yes, you can't change that. why do you want to?

wef.

Zuma
19th December 2001, 19:19
well i seem to remember a while back a lengthy discussion on the relative merits of different keyframe intervals.
so i thought i would try out differnet KF intervals to see what difference it made, thats when i noticed that i couldnt set it in GKnot.

If everyone now agrees that 300 is the best interval to use then i'll accept that, but i remember is being suggested that of you have long scenes with lots of action on them then its better to have a shorter interval.

and afterall it is a option in the codec config.
is it possible that we could have it as an option on a future release of GKnot?

also I want to thank creator of this great program, because this really has made endcoding so much easier without compromising quality :)

Thanks

Zuma

TheWEF
19th December 2001, 19:48
Originally posted by Zuma
If everyone now agrees that 300 is the best interval to use then i'll accept that...

great! ;)

don't worry, we're using scene change detection, so these settings don't have much effect anyway.
default interval is fine, you can trust me...

wef.