PDA

View Full Version : avi.NET Feedback

iNFO-DVD
30th August 2006, 23:47
Just wanted to start this new thread as I see multiple avi.NET threads popping up and it will just start getting silly so can people please post any feedback here, problems, suggestions e.t.c. please.

If there's any outstanding questions I haven't yet answer from the other threads I'll do it here.

Cheers.

iNFO-DVD
31st August 2006, 01:12
It is very weird

At the beginning of encoding I get this screenshot

http://pix.nofrag.com/de/04/3eafa1bfa717692a653bcd4b0591t.jpg (http://pix.nofrag.com/de/04/3eafa1bfa717692a653bcd4b0591.html)

I send you the txt file to your email but it seems that it is an empty file

It seems like I have a big problem in my computer
No we wont blame your computer just yet, that error is just because of something I tried that didn't work. I've replied to your email and sent you another file to try, same procedure as before.

Look forward to hearing from you.

@audioman
Any chance you can keep your replies in this thread, cheers.

iNFO-DVD
31st August 2006, 01:17
Hi INFO

I have a strange sound problem

When I load my vobs into avi.net , the indexing of video and sound is OK but when I preview the movie in AVI.NET window there is no sound at all

It is impossible for me to choose the right audio track because I cannot hear it

Have you got any idea ?
I need more info, I presume this doesn't always happen as you've been using my program before, so is it just this once? A certain movie? Do you see any audio tracks listed? What do they say? What source file is it? Are the audio tracks in the .TEMP folder? If all appears OK can I have a small sample?

audioman
31st August 2006, 08:30
Thanks info

I think I'm gonna do a fresh windows xp install again because I never had this kind of issue before
When you load a movie ripped by Rip.net , the video and sound are indexed in avi.net
After that there is a preview in the main avi.NET window with the sound....
I can't hear that sound anymore .... weird......But I can see the movie in the same window
Source file is VOB indexed by rip.net

audioman
31st August 2006, 08:36
I've replied to your email and sent you another file to try, same procedure as before.

Can you send it back again on my new mail
The email you send the file was old and wrong

@infodvd : Good idea to create a special post for avi.net issues :)

Thanks

Jacquers
31st August 2006, 10:05
A suggestion of how you could (maybe) improve fps during encoding:

If possible, use crop instead of autocrop in the avs when calling avs2avi. On my tests it made about 1 fps difference. It doesn't sound like much, but every bit helps - especially when converting longer movies. It could save about 5 minutes for a 90 minute movie (double that if doing 2 pass).

Patience isn't one of my virtues :)

btw, Autocrop(mode=2, ...) will write out a text file with the crop statement that you need

iNFO-DVD
31st August 2006, 14:20
Can you send it back again on my new mail
The email you send the file was old and wrongI don't know your proper email. Anyway, get it from HERE (http://www.dvduk.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/__files/TEST_FILE_4.zip)

I think I'm gonna do a fresh windows xp install again because I never had this kind of issue beforeI hope you're not re-installing windows just because the file you loaded in had no sound...... The problem might not be your PC, it might be avi.NET, what audio files were produced in the .TEMP folder (how many and their names exactly, this is important)?

audioman
31st August 2006, 19:48
Hi info I will test the file tonight

In my temp folder there was no file because the encoding has never begun
If it is too hard to understand I will make another video screenshot
I have re-installed just finished reinstalling XP :)

iNFO-DVD
31st August 2006, 19:57
In my temp folder there was no file because the encoding has never begunNow that's what I wanted to know. You should have an AUDIO file in there BEFORE the encoding has started. That's why you never heard any audio in the preview, there wasn't any there. What movie was it? and region? was it a 'proper' DVD? Exactly how did you rip it? I'm trying to determine whether it is a ripping issue.

iNFO-DVD
31st August 2006, 19:58
Hi info I will test the file tonight That would be great thanks, look forward to receiving the file.

audioman
31st August 2006, 20:37
Now that's what I wanted to know. You should have an AUDIO file in there BEFORE the encoding has started. That's why you never heard any audio in the preview, there wasn't any there. What movie was it? and region? was it a 'proper' DVD? Exactly how did you rip it? I'm trying to determine whether it is a ripping issue.

Ok it is an ISO movie file , I mounted with NERO
DVD is original and PAL Z2
Then I just passed it through DVD shrink to get one chapter ( one thing avi.net cannot do , never mind :) )

And no sound in the preview window , just the image

iNFO-DVD
31st August 2006, 20:59
Ok it is an ISO movie file , I mounted with NERO, DVD is original and PAL Z2, Then I just passed it through DVD shrink to get one chapter, and no sound in the preview window , just the imageTo be honest I don't trust the source. You will NOT get and audio preview if NO audio exists.

Use the exact same VOB chapter file and load it into DGIndex to see audio information and tell me what it says.

audioman
31st August 2006, 22:18
Okay

I 've got the AC3 in my temp folder and it seems that I don't have AC3 decompressor, That's why I cannot hear the soundfile
DO you advise me to download ac3 filter or another AC3 decompressor

audioman
31st August 2006, 22:35
I tested your test file and the same error again
The movie chapter is ripped from rip.net
The " avi.NET.test.TXT " located on C root is a blank file :(

http://pix.nofrag.com/04/4e/f857c1cbe723de99709c28e32fc2t.jpg (http://pix.nofrag.com/04/4e/f857c1cbe723de99709c28e32fc2.html)

iNFO-DVD
31st August 2006, 22:37
I 've got the AC3 in my temp folder and it seems that I don't have AC3 decompressor, That's why I cannot hear the soundfile
DO you advise me to download ac3 filter or another AC3 decompressorWell you have the audio file there so that's good news. avi.NET uses nicaudio to play your audio files via the script so as far as I'm aware you just need a directshow audio filter installed, like what would be present if you have DVD player installed, (PowerDVD/WinDVD e.t.c.).

iNFO-DVD
31st August 2006, 22:38
I tested your test file and the same error again
The movie chapter is ripped from rip.net
The " avi.NET.test.TXT " located on C root is a blank file :(

http://pix.nofrag.com/04/4e/f857c1cbe723de99709c28e32fc2t.jpg (http://pix.nofrag.com/04/4e/f857c1cbe723de99709c28e32fc2.html)Hmmm, gonna send you one more, 2 mins.

HERE (http://www.dvduk.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/__files/TEST_FILE_5.zip) << THIS ONE HAS TO WORK!

audioman
1st September 2006, 16:30
Yessssssssssss it works

Here is the txt file :)
I hope that helps :)

audioman
1st September 2006, 16:40
Well you have the audio file there so that's good news. avi.NET uses nicaudio to play your audio files via the script so as far as I'm aware you just need a directshow audio filter installed, like what would be present if you have DVD player installed, (PowerDVD/WinDVD e.t.c.).

Thanks again you are a genius

I just installed latest version of AC3 filter and the sound works again in preview pane

I hope you will understand the issue concerning the fps ;)

iNFO-DVD
1st September 2006, 16:52
Yes just waiting for the attachment to be approved, can you email it?

audioman
1st September 2006, 17:07
yes Check your email

iNFO-DVD
2nd September 2006, 03:49
:audioman

I need to get a new version out as I had to fix some HDTV stuff. Before I do can you test this file to make sure your FPS are OK and everything else then I'll release it if all OK.

HERE (http://www.dvduk.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/__files/avi.NET_RC1.zip) <<

audioman
2nd September 2006, 09:31
Hi INFO

Same issue with FPS
This damn FPS remains to zero

Tested at work on another computer :scared:

iNFO-DVD
2nd September 2006, 16:47
You never know, the NEW (http://www.clonead.co.uk) version may be OK.

audioman
2nd September 2006, 17:15
Awesome INFO
You are such a great programmer

The FPS works in the last version :)

Thanks

iNFO-DVD
2nd September 2006, 17:51
Great, that's one less thing to worry about.

audioman
2nd September 2006, 18:20
ahahhahaha
I think you must be quite busy with your comptest stuff :)

audioman
2nd September 2006, 19:23
Can I make some suggestions for future AVI.NET versions ?

Maybe this has already been discussed , but anyway :)

- Possibility to encode just a part of a movie
- Possibility to integrate more than one audiotrack in avi file
- Concerning Forced subtitles , why not integrating a slider to see if forced subtitles display well in the windows pane

These are just suggestions ;)

iNFO-DVD
2nd September 2006, 22:16
- Possibility to encode just a part of a movieMaybe, it's very easy to impliment but got other stuff to sort out before I think about that.

- Possibility to integrate more than one audiotrack in avi fileProbably not, dunno, not something I've thought about.

- Concerning Forced subtitles , why not integrating a slider to see if forced subtitles display well in the windows paneWell there's no slider but you can do that anyway. If forced is selected and forced subtitles are present you'll see them in the preview before you convert. Use the time boxes H:MM:SS.

audioman
2nd September 2006, 22:20
Well there's no slider but you can do that anyway. If forced is selected and forced subtitles are present you'll see them in the preview before you convert. Use the time boxes H:MM:SS.

Yes I agree with you but I don't think it is more practical to enter a number instead of using a slider :cool:

Jacquers
3rd September 2006, 11:07
Seems like a wierd thing to ask for, but how about adding 1 pass bitrate based mode? The quality is not too bad when viewing it on TV. Some cheap non-certified SAPs tend to choke on 1 pass Q based. (Let that be a lesson to others when buying SAP DivX players - it's worth spending the extra money to get something decent)

weaver4
4th September 2006, 17:13
But now you know why they are not certified.

Lester Burnham
4th September 2006, 17:29
Just wanted to start this new thread as I see multiple avi.NET threads popping up and it will just start getting silly so can people please post any feedback here, problems, suggestions e.t.c. please.

If there's any outstanding questions I haven't yet answer from the other threads I'll do it here.

Cheers.

Would it be possible to re-introduce the feature you once added for me - the ability to encode audio to mp3 at a higher bitrate than 128 (it was 160 at the time).

And out of interest, why did that feature disappear?

Jacquers
4th September 2006, 17:41
Maybe you were using the mod I made that uses BeSweet for the audio encoding? But having the feature to select a higher bitrate would be nicer to have integrated into avi.NET - just remember that by using the mod it will mean that you will get a slightly larger file than expected if using 2-pass mode for the video.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=111077

Lester Burnham
5th September 2006, 09:11
Maybe you were using the mod I made that uses BeSweet for the audio encoding? But having the feature to select a higher bitrate would be nicer to have integrated into avi.NET - just remember that by using the mod it will mean that you will get a slightly larger file than expected if using 2-pass mode for the video.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=111077

No - although I'm aware of your mod / app.

At one point there was definitely an option in avi.NET for this, because I requested it, and it got put in. Then it disappeared - so I was just curious, really, as to why, and whether it could be reintroduced.

DeathKing
16th October 2006, 21:35
I sent you an email about a week ago but Im sure you're very busy.

I get this message
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/7026/avinettdv8.png

and also about this:
Don't panic if you make an XviD AVI and programs tell you that it's actually a DivX AVI. The reason for this is because the DivXMux program that muxes the audio and video writes the FourCC as DivX. If you have selected Xvid, then it's an XviD

Can I change the FourCC so that its XviD and I dont get the divx logo?

I loved everything about this tool until I got the new version. Is there someplace I can get the previous version?

Thanks for all your help

Jacquers
17th October 2006, 07:01
You can change the fourcc with the following proggie:

http://www.divx-digest.com/software/avifourcc.html

weaver4
17th October 2006, 13:29
Could you keep the status of single-pass and quantizer value across restarts? Many of us use single pass and we always need to remember to go back into options to reset the value everytime we restart the program.

weaver4
17th October 2006, 13:30
I think your website is down.

DeathKing
17th October 2006, 20:29
You can change the fourcc with the following proggie:

http://www.divx-digest.com/software/avifourcc.html

Thanks, but I wont know if that worked until I find out how to fix the error.

weaver4
4th November 2006, 18:06
Avi.net says it took 12+ hours to do the video encode when it really only took a little more than two hours. Any one else seen this problem?

jgawera
5th December 2006, 19:37
avi.net just exits after getting movie information.
I've no idea what has happened, but it just doesn't get past that stage now, i've tried deleting the temp folder, after indexing it just says getting movie information and then vanishes, no errors or anything like that.

I've tried re-installing avi.net, same issue
i'll try a different movie, but I don't think that will change anything as it worked on this movie just yesterday.

Help appreciated.
Thanks

killerhex
5th December 2006, 20:07
avi.net just exits after getting movie information.
I've no idea what has happened, but it just doesn't get past that stage now, i've tried deleting the temp folder, after indexing it just says getting movie information and then vanishes, no errors or anything like that.

I've tried re-installing avi.net, same issue
i'll try a different movie, but I don't think that will change anything as it worked on this movie just yesterday.

Help appreciated.
Thanks

its happens to me too

jgawera
5th December 2006, 21:48
Hmm, can't explain it.
I tried avi.net on another DVD rip and it worked fine.
So I used nero recode on the dvd rip and then used rip.net and avi.net on the output of that, looks like it's working so far.

The strange thing is, the one that didn't work, was fine yesterday. It actually completed the encode, but i'd chosen the wrong audio track so needed to do it again.

Strange.

Is there any way to make avi.NET produce a log file?

Anyway, thanks to clonead for this great app.

weaver4
5th December 2006, 22:52
Anyone heard from Info-DVD in a while? Looks like he went off to college and forgot about us.

avi.net is a great app.

killerhex
5th December 2006, 23:22
it did work on a my GITS Solid state society movie