PDA

View Full Version : Need help to change movie audio tempo

Devilman1
28th August 2006, 22:19
I have a NTSC movie with english audio, now a friend of mine give me the spanish soundtrack, but even if the movie is the same there is a small difference in duration (4 sec) so I try to stretch the spanish audio to match the original one, but with besweet and soundtouch I didn't have success in stretching 4 seconds on a track of almost 100 minutes.
Can somebody suggest me a different program?
Does exist a program where I can fix the duration and not a percentage, then he stretches or shrinks the audio to the desired lenght without changing the pitch like soundtouch does?

TIA

Awatef
28th August 2006, 23:27
The 4 seconds difference suggests that it may not be a framerate problem but a delay problem.
Did you actually mux the spanish track with your video to see where the problem is?
May be the 4 additional seconds are just at the end and don't matter at all.
May be there is a 4 seconds delay at the beginning of the movie?
If the sound seems ok at the beginning and goes out of synch at the end, then it is a framerate problem. Here try to approximate the delay amount at the end of the movie, because it doesn't have to be 4 seconds. The best stretching tools are Prosoniq Time Factory and WaveLab btw.

dexy
29th August 2006, 00:44
This is not a framerate problem surely, try to set delay using vdub, so you can use direct stream copy.

setarip_old
29th August 2006, 00:59
Hi!I have a NTSC movieWhat is the format of the movie? - DVD, SVCD, VCD, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, .AVI, .MOV, etc....

Devilman1
29th August 2006, 17:39
The movie is a Xvid avi with framerate of 29.970.
I measured the difference demuxing the track and then comparing both.
It dowsn't seem that this for seconds are at the end of the movie.

Ja32
29th August 2006, 23:03
I have similar problem. I want to add a new audio to HDTV film.
I can rip it from PAL DVD with 25.000 fps and change to another. Problem is, that HDTV has 59.940 fps (with DGindex). When I convert 25.000 to 23.976 audio is to short about 9 sec. It is not delay, because on the beginning of film sync is OK.
How can I change lenght? It is possible without convert to wav?
There is some free soft?