PDA

View Full Version : mux to ts or mpg

menlvd
19th August 2006, 12:08
how to mux dts and ac3 audio with m2v to mpg or ts file.
interesting for free tool :)

SeeMoreDigital
19th August 2006, 13:45
Welcome to the forum...

Imago MPEG-Muxer (v1.1) does a good job of muxing std-def elementary MPEG-2 video and AC3 and/or DTS audio into either the .MPG or .VOB containers...

Cheers

menlvd
19th August 2006, 15:09
when i load audio and video to mpeg-muxer and press multiplex - mpeg-muxer closed

SeeMoreDigital
19th August 2006, 16:09
when i load audio and video to mpeg-muxer and press multiplex - mpeg-muxer closedCan you provide more detailed information about your elementary streams?

menlvd
19th August 2006, 16:41
one problem: i'll open a lot of m2v files and cutterman says - the video contains errors in temporal_reference... and not every GOP has a sequence header...

all my files i'll demuxed with dgindex
little info of file
Complete name : D:\Gorillaz-Feel Good-MV-1080i-CrltHD_Fixed.m2v
Format : MPEG-2 Video
Family : MPEG-2
File size : 421 MiB

Video #0
Codec : MPEG-2 Video
Codec settings : CustomMatrix
Bit rate : 8001 Kbps
Bit rate mode : CBR
Width : 1920
Height : 1080
Aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate : 29.97 fps
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.129

when try mux manual with ImagoMPEGMuxe program create file around 8mb and auto close. this file in player play fine but only a few seconds of lengh.
ImagoMPGMuxe dl from http://www.cuttermaran.de

SeeMoreDigital
19th August 2006, 16:46
As I mentioned in my first post "Imago MPEG-Muxer (v1.1) does a good job of muxing std-def elementary MPEG-2 video and AC3 and/or DTS audio streams"...... not high-def ;)

menlvd
19th August 2006, 16:53
thats right work fine for standart, but i looking for hi-def streams
Manzanita MP2TSMS Demo 4 work fine for me - but not FREE

Pookie
19th August 2006, 23:36
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4YGF52Q7

The above free app will Mux HD Mpeg2. It does have a small bug - you have to manually enter the name of the .AC3 file in the audio field.

Choose the Mpeg2 settings button, and it should work for you. It has for me.

menlvd
20th August 2006, 06:20
i use mplex2.0 and mux ac3, dts and m2v in mpg file work fine :)
how can i convert mpg to ts?
i'll try with vlc but created output ts file have bad blocks

unixfs
20th August 2006, 10:40
As I mentioned in my first post "Imago MPEG-Muxer (v1.1) does a good job of muxing std-def elementary MPEG-2 video and AC3 and/or DTS audio streams"...... not high-def ;)

muxing is a process totally indipendent on resolution; why should the muxer behave differently?

SeeMoreDigital
20th August 2006, 11:15
muxing is a process totally indipendent on resolution; why should the muxer behave differently?Maybe it's because the application offers .VOB container muxing (as well as .MPG)..... So in order to maintain DVD/VOB container compliance, the input resolution can't exceed 720x576 pixels!

unixfs
20th August 2006, 11:22
if the muxer is outputting something its ouput can't depend on the resolution. The factors that influence most the job of a muxer are the bitrate distribution and the size of the decoder's buffers, not WxH

crypto
21st August 2006, 10:48
muxing is a process totally indipendent on resolution; why should the muxer behave differently?

HD uses higher bitrates and that's why the muxer needs to be HD aware. Most old MPEG-2 muxers will fail on HD material and will produce stuttering streams. HD muxers often use the resolution to detect when to use higher video btrates.

Pookie
22nd August 2006, 03:57
how can i convert mpg to ts?

There are many apps that claim they can do it, but I haven't found a freeware app to perform this. In addition, I haven't found any that let you specify the PIDs in the output Transport Stream, or they don't seem to work on a hardware HD card.

ProjectX

MpegStreamClip - http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-win.html

PS2TS (and similar Japanese apps) http://www.yamabe.org/softbody.html

One that DOES work (but it is not free) is Womble MPEG-VCR.

Ja32
22nd August 2006, 12:09
i use mplex2.0 and mux ac3, dts and m2v in mpg file work fine :)

Can you give full name of this app, or some link?

There are many apps that claim they can do it, but I haven't found a freeware app to perform this. In addition, I haven't found any that let you specify the PIDs in the output Transport Stream, or they don't seem to work on a hardware HD card.

ProjectX

MpegStreamClip - http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-win.html

PS2TS (and similar Japanese apps) http://www.yamabe.org/softbody.html

One that DOES work (but it is not free) is Womble MPEG-VCR.
None of this support DTS audio in HD MPEG-2 :(

menlvd
22nd August 2006, 18:17
yes not support dts, i need put dts and ac3 and m2v to ts, in mpg container work great, converting in vlc to ts resulting file playing very bad, converting in streamclip to ts - save only 1 audio track ac3.

to Ja32 mplex2 i'll grab from cutterman 1.68 beta
mplex2.0 (http://rapidshare.de/files/30364524/mplex.exe)

orbitlee
23rd August 2006, 07:44
Rejig can mux ac3, dts and m2v(yes, high-def) into vob(mpeg2 program stream), it even has a GUI. Click "DVD author" button, rejig will produce a temp file mux.vob(which contains all your elementay streams) at first, then generate DVD-compliant VOBs, finally delete mux.vob. Catch mux.vob before it is deleted, either you can kill the rejig process, or tweak the rejig source code to preserve the mux.vob temp file.

After you have the mux.vob, use projectx to convert this mpg to ts. To play the ts with dts, gabest mpeg2 splitter should be your only choice(if you use directshow player, such as MPC).

This works on rejig 0.5e and projectx 0.90.4. Both free :-)

SeeMoreDigital
23rd August 2006, 08:42
Hi orbitlee,

Ja32 has recently confirmed he wants to mux high-def MPEG-2 video streams with DTS audio... so applications like ReJig and MuxMan wont be suitable ;)

orbitlee
23rd August 2006, 09:42
SeeMoreDigital, I'm talking about high-def :rolleyes:

SeeMoreDigital
23rd August 2006, 10:19
Are you sure you can input high-def MPEG-2 streams into ReJig?

I only ask because such streams are not MPEG-2/DVD VOB compliant!

orbitlee
23rd August 2006, 10:41
Well, my mistake, the VOBs generated by Rejig is not DVD-complaint, if input is high-def mpeg2. But absolutely playable on PC.

Anyway, give it a try, I suppose you have some high-def samples, right?

SeeMoreDigital
23rd August 2006, 11:43
Indeed....

I've just tried ReJigs "DVD Author" option with an HD MPEG-2 stream and an DTS stream... and it can mux them together into the VOB container.... How very odd... But I'm not complaining ;)

crypto
23rd August 2006, 14:56
Some muxers use the predefined DVD muxrate of 15MBit/s which is not that far from the actual HD rate (20MBit/s). But this is what often causes micro stuttering during playback as buffers sometimes underflow, especially on HW players.

Ja32
23rd August 2006, 20:05
orbitlee and SeeMoreDigital, how do you play HD MPEG with DTS on PC?
When I try to play Mux.vob on VLC, after few second it freeze.

SeeMoreDigital
23rd August 2006, 21:10
orbitlee and SeeMoreDigital, how do you play HD MPEG with DTS on PC?
When I try to play Mux.vob on VLC, after few second it freeze.Depends on the speed of your PC and/or whether your graphics card offers MPEG-2 decoding support...

Ja32
23rd August 2006, 21:33
Depends on the speed of your PC and/or whether your graphics card offers MPEG-2 decoding support...
No, no - MPEG PS/TS play fine, only this Mux.vob (muxed by ReJig) freeze PC player.

orbitlee
25th August 2006, 18:41
I don't know what's happened in VLC, Since I don't use VLC to play MPG/TS with DTS.

Ja32
10th September 2006, 21:43
Anybody know, how to fix drop frames in video TS stream?
I want to multiplex via mplex.exe and I have this info:
++ WARN: [???] Video e0: buf= 122470 frame=000604 sector=00007092
++ WARN: [???] Audio bd: buf= 14816 frame=000754 sector=00000672
++ WARN: [???] Padding : sector=00006492
++ WARN: [???] Stream e0: data will arrive too late sent(SCR)=2239824 required(D
TS)=0
++ WARN: [???] Video e0: buf= 160646 frame=000618 sector=00007405
++ WARN: [???] Audio bd: buf= 14864 frame=000772 sector=00000688
++ WARN: [???] Padding : sector=00006492
**ERROR: [???] Too many frame drops -exiting

ronnylov
5th July 2007, 23:35
Thank You orbitlee, your method works!
I demuxed my HDV file with projectx to elementary streams.
Reencoded the video to lower bitrate.
Muxed the lower bitrate video and original audio with rejig.
Converted the vob to ts format with projectx.
And now I have a HD TS file that plays!

tre31
3rd August 2007, 11:00
Here's my technique (from DVB-T captures) and it works with HD Mpeg-2.
1. demux and error correct .ts with projectx (take note of the VBV buffer value you'll need it for the mux later - or check the logfile created - its in there).
2. do your ad editing, mpegschnitt/cuttermaran/videoredo/comskip...
3. so now you have your edited elementary streams, load them into mplex (v1.0 works fine), select MPEG-2, have 0 set for automatic mux rate, save settings (only need too do this first time you use it), then find your VBV buffer value and enter it into the Video textbox in the Buffer sizes textbox.
4. select your files by clicking on the buttons (use * too show all files).
5. click multiplex and wait for it too finish - you will also have too close mplex before opening the resultant .mpg as the file handle is still open.

tada, muxed mpg, if you want too convert that into a .ts just load that mpg into projectx and select .ts as the output and there ya go, done.

Finding mplex gui for windows is another thing all together, someone on videohelp compiled a version, try a search there.