PDA

View Full Version : makeAVIS now working, also CCE upside down video fixed

mkanel
6th August 2006, 02:45
I recently formatted my hard drive and did a fresh install of Windows XP. Prior to this I had been using makeAVIS from the ffdshow package without any problems.

After the reinstall makeAVIS didn't work, I also found that when I previewed a YV12 AVS script in CCE it looked fine but after encoding it the resulting mpeg appeared upside down.

I was usig ffdshow as the codec for YV12 video. On a hunch I disabled ffdshow's codec for raw video (I did this in two places that apperar under ffdshow's start menu folder, one is called VFW codec configuration, the other video decoder configuration) I then installed Koepi's XVID build (thanks Koepi!)
http://www.koepi.org/xvid.shtml

After doing this CCE previews and encodes the video right side up. More surprising is that makeAVIS started working normally. (make sure to go into the ffdshow configuration for codecs and select the Avisynth decoder to Avisynth)

makeAVIS is a great tool to use with avisynth, I know it's caused alot of grief, hopefully this will enable some others to use makeAVIS.

Mike.

Mug Funky
8th August 2006, 08:24
thanks for pointing that out... i'd been wondering why CCE was flipping yv12. i'm going to try it out with xvid now :)