PDA

View Full Version : Using AnyDvd Ripper with RB

Wightpants
1st August 2006, 16:02
Just a quick question. I've been using AnyDvd ripper more often lately due to encountering more protected discs. Should the option 'Remove unreferenced and blank cells' be ticked or unticked if I'm going to use it in RB?

Thanks,
The Pants.

wmansir
1st August 2006, 18:41
Assuming it doesn't corrupt the disc (which it shouldn't), then it should not have any effect on DVD-RB. It's probably best to have it checked since some discs contain a lot of unreferenced material. DVD-RB itself doesn't distinguish between referenced and unreferenced, so it will be included in the final backup unless you manually remove it.

If you encounter a problem with DVD-RB such as errors during the rebuild or prepare stage then you should try again with this option turned off before looking for help here.

blutach
2nd August 2006, 02:29
AnyDVD Ripper is actually an older version (1.24) of FixVTS (www.videohelp.com/~FixVTS) (now at version 1.403). It has been provided free as jeanl, the author of FixVTS (www.videohelp.com/~FixVTS) required that.

To answer your question, I would keep them ticked.

A better (and 100% cheaper) ripper is RipIt4Me (http://www.ripit4me.org/), which also uses FixVTS (latest version) to clean up afterwards.

Regards

elizerrojas
2nd August 2006, 12:10
quote."AnyDVD Ripper is actually an older version (1.24) of FixVTS (now at version 1.403).
which makes ripit4me a little better. i have anydvd, it was the best until ripit4me came along.

PS: it feels good to use the great DECRYPTER again. thanks L.U.K.