PDA

View Full Version : intervideo private streams?

Kurtnoise
19th February 2006, 17:07
Is it also possible to place streams not covered by the MPEG-4 standard in MP4?
Yes, altough i dont like the idea of doing so, the MPEG-4 standard defines how to place any stream in MP4. Similar to how streams are marked in AVI with private FourCCs, in MP4 they get a "private track ID". Note that no player will be able to handle such streams in MP4, but will simply ignore them, if not explicitely specified to do so
the following streams, not covered by MPEG-4, can be placed in MP4 already:
- DVD picture subtitles (Vobsubs), via Nero Recode2
You can also add Intervideo DVD Copy and probably some others dvd2ipod all-in-one. And for free, we have HandBrake...:)

bond
20th February 2006, 13:06
in what way do they use private streams? and are you sure that they dont simply write .mov files with the wrong extension ;)

Kurtnoise
20th February 2006, 13:46
a...good question but I can say that HandBrake uses mpeg4ip libs to mux and "burn" subtitles with the stream w/o haveving mov container reference.

For DVDCopy, I've seen (via GraphEdit) that it uses his own mp4 muxer and the files are decoded properly with Nero Showtime or Gabest/Haali mp4 splitter.

Dunno for others tools...

bond
20th February 2006, 13:47
so where are the private streams? :D

Kurtnoise
20th February 2006, 16:19
well, in utda atom but...

bond
20th February 2006, 18:40
streams in udta??? how crappy is this ^^

can you upload such a sample plz

Kurtnoise
11th April 2006, 12:38
@Tuesday: for Yamb, go to Options tab then check "View import Settings directly". At last, load your file and you will be able to add what you want in the trackname edit area.

@Bond: mooo, I completely missed your request. I'll upload some samples asap. Sorry.

bond
2nd July 2006, 11:54
split,

kurt i assume this was a misunderstanding regarding whether the tools you mentioned use private streams?