PDA

View Full Version : Different "versions" of MPC with different settings installed on one pc?

Ice =A=
29th June 2006, 20:22
I'd like to choose between decoding with XviD and DivX just by clicking on different links. Is there any way to have two versions of MPC installed, one with blocked XviD and prefered DivX in the internal settings and the other one with blocked DivX and prefered XviD codec (on the same pc of course)?!?
I tried just renaming mplayerc.exe, but each of those renamed executables seems to use the same settings...

Thanks a lot!

Waleska
29th June 2006, 20:42
"Store settings to .ini file" is an option that let's you have 2 MPC's with different settings as long as they are working in different folders, although there's probably a better way to switch codecs.

Ice =A=
29th June 2006, 21:26
Thanks!
Even though it's a little embarassing for me that it's so simple... ;)
It's a little circuitous and e.g. some command line switches would be easier, but it surely is good enough for me!

foxyshadis
30th June 2006, 08:18
Maybe you can just install it in two places and allow multiple instances?

Otherwise, call a batch file or script that replaces the ini (or updates the registry) before launching mpc, or register/unregister your codecs, or do whatever goofy manipulation you like. :p Changing the merits of xvid/divx to prefer/block in mpc's config programmatically would be simplest though.

If you want to get fancy you can check to see if it's open and close it first so it'll take the update.