PDA

View Full Version : New Problem Trying to Backup - HELP

Cup Cake
27th June 2006, 14:50
Hi

I have been backing up my DVD's for about 2 years now and have never had this problem.

Am trying to back up a movie called 'The Warrior'.

Using DVD Shrink it analyses the file OK then when I hit 'backup' I get the cyclic redunancy error.

Copied the files using DVDFAB Decrypter, but when I went to shrink the files DVD Shrink would only compress down to 70% and I was unable to get it to fit on one disc.

The tried copying the files with DVD Decrypter. Copied OK but when I went to open the file from DVD Shrink it said
"Invalid data in file E:\Warrior\VTS_01_1.VOB.

This has never happened before.

Does anyone have a really simple fix as to what I can do to get it shrunk???

Thanks everyone

buzzqw
27th June 2006, 15:34
most probably an Arcoos protected dvd.

Try using latest version of dvdfabdecrypter or, at last use the awesome package "pgcedit+plsplugin+guide (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=111316)" :D

BHH

setarip_old
27th June 2006, 18:46
Hi!Copied the files using DVDFAB Decrypter, but when I went to shrink the files DVD Shrink would only compress down to 70% and I was unable to get it to fit on one disc.Let DVD Shrink compress it to 70% and save this 70%-compressed DVD "package" to your hard drive. Then load this 70%-compressed DVD "package" into DVD Shrink and compress it again...

ammck55
28th June 2006, 00:16
Another alternative to transcoding twice, which I'd be hesitant to implement, is to process your ripped files in Shrink's "Re-author" mode and strip out the menus and unwanted audio streams. There're Shrink guides here at Doom9 and a fine set of tutorials at www.dvdshrink.info

ammck55