PDA

View Full Version : bad news indeed =<

phuntyme
15th December 2001, 01:36
Hi, not that I know much... but would it help if the files were taken off doom9 completly? have the links to their respective homepage or even, download.com or fileplanet.com type... isn't that where most of the traffic comes from?

Maybe some users around here would like to share the hosting for you. I 2 places that I can help you with hosting small files if you need. ^_^

--- EDIT
Hmmm... I was reading about the plight of doom9 & his vhosts... when I tried to reply... I dunno where that thread had gone =< Oh well... hopefully who ever is reading this understand.

Doom9
15th December 2001, 02:18
I'm sure one reason people are coming here is that they can get all the files they need from one place without having to go to 50 different pages... but it certainly makes up for more than 3/4 of the total monthly traffic.. but that still leaves like 50-100 gb a month for html pages and pictures already.

wmansir
15th December 2001, 07:09
The thread is 'servers not in sync', and when I read your title I though doom must have posted some really bad news on the web page and I was getting the old copy.

Doom9
15th December 2001, 12:42
problem is.. if I have all the traffic going to one single server I most likely will use that too and since I have no access to the other one anymore there's no way I can ever update it again unless a wonder happens. See my predicament?