PDA

View Full Version : PAL interlaced material

hassegubben
12th December 2001, 16:39
Does the Inverse Telecine check box mean that GKnot does 3:2 and 2:2 pull down? Or does it only perform 3:2 pull down? Anybody tested Inverse Telecine for PAL interlaced material with GKnot? Results?

Corrado
12th December 2001, 17:11
Why would you use Inverse Telecine on PAL material?

Quoting from Flexion Ripping Guides (http://www.flexion.org/video/DVDConv/DVD2AVI/divx.html) :
You should only use the Telecide filter if the DVD video type is NTSC 29.97fps or 89% FILM or less. If you enabled the Forced FILM option in DVD2AVI then do not use Telecide. Never use this filter if the DVD video type is PAL.

Maybe you need to de-interlace ? Total different issue, then.

Corrado

hassegubben
13th December 2001, 16:06
The filter Telecide(Vdub plugin) does 2:2 pulldown on PAL interlaced material. Some PAL material truly need inverse telecine. Instead of using blurring filters like smart deinterlacer, the correct 2:2 pulldown can be done with no effect on the movie quality. At least that's what I've been reading. That is why I wonder if the Inverse Telecine checkbox in GKnot also does 2:2 pulldown.

ohliuv
13th December 2001, 17:53
@hassegubben: I think GreedyHMA can do better 2:2 pulldown/deinterlace (though I never tried it) - check the Avisynth forum