PDA

View Full Version : Trying to play OGM with subs - Help!

Yyrkoon
30th April 2006, 14:57
I have now worked two days trying to get my system to play all OGMs with subtitles, only to end up with it not being able to play any.

Situation 1: I have OGGDS 0.9.9.5 + VSFilter 2.37 + FFDShow 20060420 + Xvid 1.1 + DivX 5.02 + Matroska splitter (for the .mkv files). As soon as subtitles show BSPlayer crash instantly.

Situation 2: Same as above, but use OGGDS0.9.9.6, now I do not get subtitles as such, only occassionally, since the subtitles gets mapped to "Internal Command Script" or something like that. No matter what I do, I can not get the subs to display correctly.

Situation 3: Replaced OGGDS with Radlight OGG filter. Same as situation 2.

Is there no way to get those ogm files to play correcty? without crashing BSPlayer (or resorting to VLC)? and are there only these two OGG filters available?

I am in serious need of help to get my computer to play ogm again.

[)370|\|470!2
30th April 2006, 15:15
Try this (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=712218#post712218)

Yyrkoon
30th April 2006, 15:24
No luck with that one either. It crashes BSPlayer with OGGDS0.9.9.5 and I get no subtitles at all with OGGDS 0.9.9.6

[)370|\|470!2
30th April 2006, 15:26
Hmm did you try any other player, say, mpc?

Yyrkoon
30th April 2006, 15:46
Yes, I have. And then I get scraping and scratchy sound. And, no. The subtitles do not work there either. However, if I install VoBSub 2.23 instead of VSFilter, then I get subs in MPC, but the sound is still a mess.

Yyrkoon
30th April 2006, 16:06
Finally I got .mkv files to work. I use Haali splitter with FFDShow and VobSub 2.23. But there seems to be no way to get ogm files to work. I have tried every OGG/OGM splitter I can find, and none works, no matter what I do. Not if I want to have working subtitles.

ai4spam
30th April 2006, 17:04
The sound thing may be due to your sound drivers. I had the same problem with my nForce chipset drivers, and had to revert to old drivers to make scratchy sound go away.

[)370|\|470!2
30th April 2006, 17:54
Concerning sound...
Check what filter is being used for decoding audio in bsplayer(which plays it
intact as i understood) and same check in mpc. Then try to force using
audio decoder which bsplayer uses in mpc(if it's not the same, which
i doubt). Did you install any codecpacks recently? Coz it sounds like
your DS is messed up.

gameplaya15143
5th May 2006, 00:25
what are you muxing the OGMs with? (vdubmod?, oggmux? ogmmuxer?)

I use OGM, and often put subtitles in them.. no problems here.
Try playing the ogm in mplayer2 (wmp6.4). Since you are using vsfilter (and as long as you haven't checked 'enable all streams' in the oggds0995 filter) you have to enable the subtitles from the taskbar icon, hit the stop button on mplayer2, then hit play and the subtitles will show (as long as you muxed them in properly).

I'm not a fan of bsplayer, since it doesn't support color tags in SRT subs.

Yyrkoon
5th May 2006, 11:37
Thank you all for your help. I have got this problem sorted out now.

I am now using; Gabest Matroska Splitter, Gabest OGG splitter, and VSFilter 1.0.1.3. I do not really know what fixed the issue. I got it to work with MPC first, then I still had BSPlayer crashing when I tried to play OGM files. Eventually I found that I had to change some files in BSPlayer.

1. Rename file BSPFILTERS.SAM to BSPFILTERS.DAT. It's located in your BSPlayer installation folder.

2. Add this line to the file BSPFILTERS.DAT

Code:
AddFilter {9852A670-F845-491B-9BE6-EBD841B8A613},DirectVobSub (auto-loading version)

3. Open BSPlayer. Under Preferences go to Subtitles and check the box Subtitles Disabled.

4. Load your video. If you right click on the VobSub green arrow, you can change your subtitles or disabling them. Also, if you select DirectVobSub, you can adjust them. Make sure you uncheck Prebuffer subpictures under Misc tab to reduce CPU usage.

killerhex
6th May 2006, 03:07
the matroska splitter can handle ogm files

Yyrkoon
6th May 2006, 10:30
Killerhex, hmm, I can not get it to do that. At least not the Gabest Matroska Splitter I am using.