PDA

View Full Version : putting a whole dvd with menus,chapters,subs to DivxMediaFormat with DivxMediaBuilder

ricardo.santos
5th April 2006, 15:17
Hi everyone!
yesterday me and a friend with a little help from Skype, managed to "understand" how the divxmediabuilder works, this morning i was trying to convert a full dvd to the Divxmediaformat with menus,subs, audio just like the dvd but on the .divx format, the good news are that im able to make it unfortunally the last step i do is to creat chapters and if i try to creat the divx file afterwords it just shows a log file with the following error:
time=1156 entryType=GENERAL_ENTRY_TYPE message=Audio's dwLength parameter is incorrect. MediaSource objectId: 7
Audio's rate(16000)/scale(384) != nAvgBytesPerSec(16000). Riff Offset(0x0) MediaSource objectId: 7

time=1156 entryType=GENERAL_ENTRY_TYPE message= validation failure see log for errors: C:\Documents and Settings\Windows XP\Ambiente de trabalho\divxmediabuilder\teste2.log

if i creat the divx without chapters it will creat the file without any error messages.

just wanna thank UserXp for this very nice program!

Thank you

ricardo.santos
5th April 2006, 16:43
Heres a downloasd link for what im trying to do, 4 menus and a mini film.

the menus are in Portuguese but i think people will recognize what it means.

http://rapidshare.de/files/17268372/DivxFormatTest.divx.html

Redin
10th April 2006, 00:29
Heres a downloasd link for what im trying to do...

Like my friend above, i have a link for what im trying to do, to.

And chapters is working.

http://redinpais.planetaclix.pt/media/comcaps.divx

about overlays i have a other test with all buttons with new pictures and a new video finalized, but its a little big space to put in my ISP. (+/- 50 Megabytes).

Redin

ricardo.santos
14th April 2006, 22:39
small update:

HI everyone!´

Heres my first complete dvd to divxmerdiaformat video:

rapidshare.de/files/18019549/divxmedia.divx.html

introvideo
transitions betwwen menus
3 audiotracks
6 subtitle streams
chapters

everything was "taken" from the dvd "crouching tigger hidden dragon"

if you get an error message when you get into the subtitles menus, select option "play movie" and select your subs from the internal divxplayer menu.

Ricardouk

The possibilities are endless....

made with DivxMediaBuilder, Cheers UserXp for the tool.

Slitheen
15th April 2006, 00:24
Is this mediabuilder easy to use to make custom Divx DVDs?

Can you just use Divx files you have already?

Thanks for any answers.

ricardo.santos
15th April 2006, 13:12
Can you just use Divx files you have already?

yes, divx and avi

Is this mediabuilder easy to use to make custom Divx DVDs?

thats a bit difficulto answer, im a newbie myself and i didnt find it hard to understand, if you have used dvdlab pro , dvdstyler before i think youll pick it up.

i found it easy but it might be considered hard to understand if you never used programs like the ones i mentioned above.

im using the advanced mode on the program because the easy mode its not yet implemented, you could wait untill its released with the easy mode.

Slitheen
15th April 2006, 17:45
Ok thanks. Is there any kind of guide anywhere at all. I've used DVD-Lab before, but I don't even know where to start with this. All I have are some Divx files.

Slitheen
16th April 2006, 22:03
When I try to create Divx file at the end I keep getting this:

ERROR: DIVX_PARSE_FAILURE_FILE: Linkerfile47.txt

What does that mean?

I'm just using Divx files with one menu and no chapters.

ricardo.santos
17th April 2006, 15:01
can you find that txt file and post it?

did you put divxmux in the same folder as its needed?
any weird caracters or spaces?

Blue_MiSfit
19th April 2006, 10:16
yeah... pretty sure you can't post links like that in this forum. That would be considered copyright infringement, no?

bond or doom9 will surely lock this post... read the rules next time dude...

ricardo.santos
19th April 2006, 13:30
yeah, check the dates of the posts next time DUDE. if it was going to be locked it would be by now.

anyone reading my post can see my intention is not to infring laws, anyway why am answering you???? youre not a moderator.

siddharthagandhi
20th April 2006, 03:43
Come on, you two. Be nice. You shouldn't flame at each other.

JuanCC
26th April 2006, 20:02
I tried DivxMediaBuilder but i don't find any option to make divx menu from DVD.

How to extract DVD menu and then make divx menu?

ricardo.santos
26th April 2006, 23:08
i used dvdshrink "reauthor mode" to extract the menus from the dvd and then you can use your favourite converter to convert then to divx.

Divxmediabuilder doesnt do this, the user have to do it

ricardo.santos
26th April 2006, 23:09
have a look at the samples provided by Userxp on his site to have a general idea on what you need to have/extract

Talayero
8th May 2006, 12:21
Hi,

I created with success a chapters menu. The only problem, and a big one, is that at the end of the process the program has doubled the size of the divx. I don't understand it.

Everything is perfect but instead a 700MB divx I have a 1400MB one.

Mtz
8th May 2006, 13:51
You have some mistake at one of the buttons. Check them again. Or maybe when you loaded the avi files you used the <create after> wrong.

enjoy,
Mtz

Talayero
8th May 2006, 17:06
I repeated it three times and I got always doubled size.

I may know where the problem is. When I add the menu I take again the avi for the backgroundVideoID. I guess the program create a menu with the whole avi. So I have the avi in the menu and the avi in the title.

What's the solution? When I add the menu I only have one option for the background: "from avi", so I load the avi. The "from picture" option is not operative.

Mtz
8th May 2006, 17:19
Use virtualdubmod and cut about 20-30 seconds from the movie and call it for example: "menu.avi". To not work again on the whole project, try to search in the XML file for your "all_movie_menu" and replace the name with "menu.avi".

enjoy,
Mtz

Talayero
8th May 2006, 17:27
Thank you.

And is it no possible to take a picture (a jpeg I mean) as background? It would be great.

Talayero
8th May 2006, 17:45
Well, I just read that UserXP plans to add that function in the Simple Mode of the program...

Mtz
8th May 2006, 18:25
I'm not the author of the program, but I think is nice to have a motion menu with sound which costs only few megs (3-5 MB).
Let's think you have a movie of 700 MB and you want to put it to a CD in DMF format. You can cut the credits from the end to have space for a motion menu.

enjoy,
Mtz

Talayero
8th May 2006, 18:58
You are right.

I said that it would be nice because I was thinking of my actual project. Now and then I make divx backups of my dvds in order to watch them in my laptop when I'm travelling. So I have all the original dvd menus. For me it would be nice to extract a frame of these menus that already have different chapters images and even names for them and import it in DivxMediaBuilder. Then you only have to create the overlays that would fit over the original buttons.

Another solution for the moment would be to rip that dvd menu and convert it to divx to be loaded in the program. But I suppose that's too much work

Mtz
8th May 2006, 19:15
Another solution for the moment would be to rip that dvd menu and convert it to divx to be loaded in the program. But I suppose that's too much work
I think this is the best solution. The most simple solution is to load the Menu VOB in AutoGK and encode it in XviD. Just make some calculation: for 1 minute try to use 10 MB for the final size. Than cut in VirtualDubMod only what you need for your DMF menu. When encoding the main movie in avi, set the final size if you want to fit in 700 MB minus the resulted menu cutted by you.

enjoy,
Mtz

Talayero
8th May 2006, 21:58
Thank you again.

I converted the original chapters menus with AutoGK.

I was excited with the project because I managed to do all the buttons and the results should be very nice, but...

I got this validation failure in the log:

message=Invalid path on element MediaSource objectId: 92 path: D:\DIVX MEDIA BUILDER\tmp\92_chap 1.avi.divx
Unable to create DMFObject MediaSource objectId: 92 for file: D:\DIVX MEDIA BUILDER\tmp\92_chap 1.avi.divx

Talayero
9th May 2006, 17:46
After several problems I got it.

First error: I converted the dvd menu to xvid automatically, using a different resizing that the avi film had. I solved that but I got a failure message again. So I took the MPEG4 modifier and realized that the xvid versions from the converted menu and from the film were different. I managed to download the same version as the one I used to compress the film and.. success!

Conclusion, you can only use as background menu a fragment of the same film or if you want to use something different it must have the same characteristics as the avi. That's logical anyway, to make the muxing possible.

Mtz
9th May 2006, 17:50
I made a DMF and used different resolutions for the menu and for the movie and it works:
Menu (all) > 592x448
Movie > 704x304

enjoy,
Mtz

Talayero
9th May 2006, 17:58
Thank you for saying it. Then in may case was only a problem of different versions of the xvid codec.

baer999
10th May 2006, 15:32
Do you think that DivX will make a easy to use public programme to copy DVD menus or is it maybe in work? Can I usw the DivX menu and for example a x264 encodet movie file? thx

Mtz
11th May 2006, 01:20
For DMF (DivX Media Format) you can use only avi (divx or xvid).
At the question regarding DVD menus to be copied I think only the guys from DivX can answer to this. They are posting here but I don't know if are reading this thread.
DivXMediaBuilder is a nice program, but not made by DivX.

enjoy,
Mtz

baer999
11th May 2006, 17:03
And what about the MKV Format? Does anybody know if the Menu Function is inside and do well? thx

Mtz
11th May 2006, 20:41
MKV format is not supported by any standalone player.

enjoy,
Mtz

Redin
20th May 2006, 20:26
The portuguese mirror this program its ready and you can verify here http://redinpais.planetaclix.pt/UserXP

Surlyrich
21st May 2006, 05:05
I get the following error:

time=11437 entryType=GENERAL_ENTRY_TYPE message=Invalid path on element MediaSource objectId: 21 path: C:\Program Files\DivX\divxmediabuilder\tmp\21_intro.avi.divx

Unable to create DMFObject MediaSource objectId: 21 for file: C:\Program Files\DivX\divxmediabuilder\tmp\21_movie1.avi.divx

Talayero
27th May 2006, 18:28
I get the same error as yours:
Invalid path on element MediaSource etc Unable to create DMFObject MediaSource etc.

I got it before with another movie and then I solved it by reencoding the menu, but now I don't know what to do.

It seems that the program gets stuck in the first step. It can't create the avi menu that has to be muxed with the avi film.

Did you find a solution?

Talayero
27th May 2006, 20:26
That's funny. I put the program in another computer of mine and I got no errors at all. I created the divx file with its menu. That means the first computer has something that interferes with DivxMediaBuilder.

Bomber
28th May 2006, 14:56
What whould be the best program to use for rigin DVD's

Mtz
18th September 2006, 10:45
User XP released 1.0.0 version. I don't know if he is reading this topic, but I have a request:
- to add possibility to load chapters from a .txt file. I thing the best format is the one obtained with PGCDemux.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz
19th September 2006, 00:06
Released 1.1.0, but still not suport for chapter.txt files. :(

enjoy,
Mtz

ricardo.santos
19th September 2006, 17:31
..... still not suport for chapter.txt files. :(

version 1.1.1 has support for chapter for txt files from PGCdemux.

Thanks UserXP

Mtz
19th September 2006, 17:34
Great!
I will test with a PAL movie. I don't know yet with NTSC.
Thanks UserXP!

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz
20th September 2006, 01:43
Tested the celltimes.txt from PGCDemux for a PAL movie and was working very well. I think this file can be also created with ChapterXtractor.
Loading bmp for menu and then pointing to cli.exe from C:\Program Files\DivX\Dr. DivX 2.0 OSS, made DMB to freeze. In background cli.exe created 2 files, one with .avi.avi.avi extension which was big, and a smaller file with frame rate 1 fps, containing 12 frames. After killing cli.exe, DMB still was freezed. So I cannot test this nice feature.
When Double-clicking on some menu buttons, the program just crashed. Because of that, I saved the .xml file after each button edit to not work again from the begining.
Suggestions:
- when loading a file in DMB to remember the last used directory.
- i'm not good in design, so I want an overlay with one bullet for left and one for right
- possibilty to save the final movie on another folder

I still don't know for what is "PlayFromCurrentOffsetAction".

Offtopic: for Sub2DivX, when saving a .divx file to have the possibility to save also the "strn" informations for Video and Audio (like Video - en-US;MO or Audio - en-US;20). Moving the subtitles area to right or left, because some MTK players, in 16:9 mode are moving the subtitles to the right. In 4:3 mode, the subtitle is better centered, but not perfect. Also creating a .divx file with default position at 40, the subtitles wasn't showed. I must set at 130. Movie resolution was 704x304.

enjoy,
Mtz

UserXP
26th September 2006, 11:30
Hi to all,

Some users have problems with cli.exe. I don't know why. I add an option to not use cli.exe when creating a menu from a picture. At this case the menu is working ok at hardware players but not working ok with DivX player. Also, now the menu from a picture has 10 fps.

Problem with double clicking at buttons is solved.

All suggestions are ok now.

PlayFromCurrentOffsetAction is used to resume play after a user select an other subtitle/audio while the movie is playing. This feature is NOT working at my tests.

As for Sub2DivX I will check it asap.

Kurtnoise
28th September 2006, 14:57
A small suggestion for DivxMediaBuilder :: to have the possibility to add the name of Chapters when we create them manually.

UserXP
29th September 2006, 09:44
I will add this at next update

Kurtnoise
29th September 2006, 10:18
Ok...:)

and btw, does DMB work fine with VBR mp3 streams ? It seems that I've a wrong duration for the audio parts when I import some Titles containing those kind of files...

LordIntruder
1st October 2006, 07:12
Hi,

Is there a way to make Divx files with menu to play with something else than Divx Player? Media Player Classic 6.4.9.0 is unable to display menus, it only launch the movie.

Is there something to do specifically?

Thanks you. :)

DigitAl56K
1st October 2006, 08:13
Hi,

Is there a way to make Divx files with menu to play with something else than Divx Player? Media Player Classic 6.4.9.0 is unable to display menus, it only launch the movie.

Is there something to do specifically?

There are filters that ship with DivX Codec enabling Windows Media Player versions 6.4 through 10 to play files with menus, alternate audio tracks, and multiple subtitle tracks. In all versions except 6.4 you can click the display directly to interact with the menus. In 6.4 you need to use the menu navigator that shows as part of the settings manager (tray icon) to interact with the menus.

Redin
1st October 2006, 11:10
Version 1.6.0 is out:

<> Fixed a bug when double clicking at a button.
<> A new option at dialog Options - Menus tab about not involving the file cli.exe when creating avi/menu from a picture.
<> Better menu creation from a picture. Pictures must be maximum 720x576 pixels.
<> Portuguese language is now up to date. Also added Romanian and Russian languages.
<> There are users that can use successfully cli.exe, but others have problems. Must be something with settings. I will try to found the error.

http://userxp.tripod.com/

In Portuguese:

Saiu a versão 1.6.0

<> Foi solucionado o erro que aparecia quando se fazia duplo click num botão.
<> Há uma nova opção na caixa de diálogo Opções - separador Menus acerca de não usar o ficheiro cli.exe quando criar um avi/menu a partir
de uma imagem.
<> Criação de menus a partir de uma imagem foi melhorado.
As imagens deverão ter o tamanho máximo de 720x576 pixels.
<> Idioma Português actualizado. Também foram adicionados mais dois idiomas - Romeno e Russo.
<> Existem alguns utilizadores que usam com sucesso o ficheiro cli.exe, mas alguns queixam-se de problemas.
Deverá ter algo a ver com ajustes/configurações. Eu irei fazer testes para encontrar o erro.

http://redinpais.planetaclix.pt/UserXP/

Mtz
2nd October 2006, 07:54
@ DigitAl56K, I have 3 players with MTK chipset which can play full DMF (DivX Ultra). When I'm muxing xsub subtitles with DivXMux and playing the .divx file on standalone, the subtitle are displayed moved on the right.
When muxing with idx/sub, the subtitles are centered but too lowered on the TV screen. In divxplayer.exe, all subtitles are OK.
Do you know if this is a bug from MediaTek, or from divxmux?
I don't like the subtitles made from srt with divxmuxgui because it didn't allow to me to set the font, size an position. Nero made it for Nero Digital and my players can play them. I have experience in subtitles, I have players (only MTK) so you can contact me for testings.

enjoy,
Mtz

Kurtnoise
2nd October 2006, 10:19
@Mtz : just by curiosity, what kind of brandname players do you have ? And did you try some divx within Menus ? If yes, do they play well with your 3 standalone players ?

UserXP
3rd October 2006, 11:20
Version 1.7.0 is out.

<> Support to select many buttons at once. Just hold Shift and click & drag in area outside of buttons. All button inside this area will be selected (the border will change). Also you can use Ctrl - click at buttons to select them. After you can set overlays and line width for all selected buttons. Also, you can set align (left, right, top, bottom) and make same size (width, height, both) for selected buttons.
<> I change the menu a little. I put a new menu named Easy. There you can find 2 submenus, the "Many movies with menu" (old one) and the "One movie with chapters" (new one). With "One movie with chapters" you can easily create a divx file that has chapters.
<> Possibility to add the name of chapters when creating them manually.
<> Bug fixes.

Ok...:)

and btw, does DMB work fine with VBR mp3 streams ? It seems that I've a wrong duration for the audio parts when I import some Titles containing those kind of files...

As far as I can tell DMB has no probelm with VBR mp3 streams. If you can, upload somewhere a file with problems to test it.

[EDIT]
If any language creator user reading this topic, please read this in order to update existing languages

First go to menu Help - Languages – "Create new Language…"
Select at right side the language you want
Be sure that "Auto create missing items" is NOT checked
Now select the left side tree and hit * at numpad so all nodes will be expanded
Now at left side select (click) the first text (s1 = ...)
Now hit and hold the down key, so you will parse all items
When program found a new value, will show you a message like "Section/Node <something> not found. Create it?"
Hit yes and you are ready to type the correct translation
After, do the same again
In this case you will translate all new strings

Now, about edit existing strings that have changed
As far as I remember, I have edit 2 or 3 existing strings. If you want you can check it manually.

Kurtnoise
3rd October 2006, 14:36
First of all, thanks for the new version. :)

As far as I can tell DMB has no probelm with VBR mp3 streams. If you can, upload somewhere a file with problems to test it.
Here is the duration i have with vbr mp3 stream :
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/2685/dmbmp3vbrpl5.th.png (http://img166.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dmbmp3vbrpl5.png)

and a short sample (http://kurtnoise.free.fr/sample.avi).

Mtz
4th October 2006, 00:06
@Mtz : just by curiosity, what kind of brandname players do you have ? And did you try some divx within Menus ? If yes, do they play well with your 3 standalone players ?
Yes, I have about 4 .divx movies and all working OK with full menu support in this players: 2 different E-Boda (sold only in Romania) players, and one Medion MD 80796.
In Medion is a small bug in the firmware and because of this the buttons from menu are moved a little to the left. I can't solve this bug in firmware player.
Also, when muxing .divx with srt or .xsub on the TV screen the subtitle is moved a little to the right, and this is why I asked UserXP to make an option in Sub2DivX to move subtitles horizontally also.
When muxing with idx/sub, the subtitle is perfect centered, but the position is too low on the TV screen. At least, I can see them but not perfect.
I think there are some Phillips players which support full DMF.

@UserXP > first, thanks for the update.
Bug? When manually create chapters, if deleting the last chapter for example number 6, at the previous chapter (5) the start frame is not updated if I want to add it again. I think when deleting the last chapter to use for start frame the latest start frame from the remained chapter.

Requests:

1. Undo.
2. ChapterExtactor is working faster than PGCDemux for extracting chapters and is user friendly. When converting NTSC DVD which have 29.970 in avi which have 23.976, the frame numbers saved from PGCDemux aren't good. So I think the most easy method for you to implement is using times instead of frames. ChapterExtactor have an .ini file which can be modified the way you want for DMB and attach it in your .zip file which contain DMB.
Example from the .ini file:

Preset 8=DivXMediaBuilder (frames)
Format 8=%f\n
Header 8=
Footer 8=

Result:

Preset 9=DivXMediaBuilder (time)
Format 9=%hh:%mm:%ss:%cc\n
Header 9=
Footer 9=

Result:
00:00:00:00
00:05:00:86
00:06:24:50
00:09:43:16
00:12:58:83

You must pay attention that the saved .txt have a 0 header. But tested and importing OK if the header is 0.
You can personalize it for example to save from ChapterExtractor also "Chapter 1", "Chapter 2" etc like the BSPlayer format for example.

3. After creating chapters and saving them maybe the user want to modify only same of them. Is possible to edit the created chapters after closing the create chapters window?
Can be edited also the names of the chapters introduced in 1.7.0?

4. Let's say I have a menu which contain many chapters menus and for all of them, the size and position of the buttons are almost the same. One or two maybe to be edited. Thinking that you already created the function to select all button, can you add an option to copy all buttons and paste them in another menu? When pasting them the "Button Action" to be empty. After paste the user will delete or add new buttons.
Can you make a calculation algorithm like in DVDRemake, for when deleting a button, the remaining buttons to be updated with Actions between remained?

5. Translation for 1.7.0. sent to you via e-mail.

enjoy,
Mtz

Kurtnoise
4th October 2006, 03:38
When muxing with idx/sub, the subtitle is perfect centered, but the position is too low on the TV screen. At least, I can see them but not perfect.
Did you try to modify the position in the idx file ?

LordIntruder
4th October 2006, 18:06
There are filters that ship with DivX Codec enabling Windows Media Player versions 6.4 through 10 to play files with menus

So at that time only Divx Player and WMP 6.4 through 10 can play divx menus? If not, is there a way to make others player like MPC running menus?

Mtz
4th October 2006, 22:15
Did you try to modify the position in the idx file ?
I modified the subtitles position with DVDSubEdit. At any value I used, always the subtitles were too lowered. For PAL movie the position is perfect. Only for NTSC is too lowered.

LordIntruder, I think is better to ask in the DivX area.

UserXP
6th October 2006, 10:42
Version 1.8.0 is out

<> Undo added (8 levels) but only at any edit within menus. Is not perfect but is working.
<> Copy - Paste button(s). Paste can be done to same or other menu. Only position, size and overlays are copied and not the actions and relations between buttons.
<> Support to load chapters from .txt file created by ChapterXtractor. In order to see how this will work, read the "How to set up ChapterXtractor to load chapters.txt" inside the DivXMediaBuilder.zip file.
<> After deleting a button the relationship between remaining buttons are updated.

The bug when deleting last chapter (manually creating chapters) fixed.

In order to edit existing chapters, at tree view go to Media - Title - Chapter (the chapter you want to edit) - MediaTrack (type video). Only the startFrame and endFrame can be changed.
If you want to edit the name of a chapter, expand the Chapter at tree view and double click at "translationLookupID = <a number>". You will go to a TranslationLookup node. Bellow click at the Translation node and at right side you can see and change the "value" (this is the chapter name)

@Kurtnoise13 check again the bug with VBR mp3 streams. I think I corrected.

Thats all for now.

for language creators users
Update language as above
*** Edit the "Command9_ToolTipText" at "frmChap_Design" with new value.

Mtz
6th October 2006, 13:52
Thanks for the new version!
The new options are working nice after I made a quick test. As you said, Undo can make some problems. Pressed many times the undo (maybe more than 8) and DMB crashed.
To avoid this, can you make an option "Auto Save"? If the user choose for example "at 3 minutes" and he didn't already saved the .xml, DMB to auto-create after 1 minute for example a xml with some name like "Temporary Project 06.10.2006.xml".
Translation updated.

enjoy,
Mtz

Kurtnoise
6th October 2006, 15:25
check again the bug with VBR mp3 streams. I think I corrected.
With the last release we have now the correct length but SamplePerSec is still wrong. Not very important for sure...:)

For French people, I've made a guide (http://www.unite-video.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8113) to create divx file with Menus.

Mtz
7th October 2006, 04:09
I have some idea for buttons.
DVDSubEdit can load a VOB file which contain menu and in this screenshot is an example:
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2933/setupmenudt5.th.jpg (http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?image=setupmenudt5.jpg)

DVDSubEdit defined the buttons:
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8204/setupmenubuttonssizeuo9.th.jpg (http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?image=setupmenubuttonssizeuo9.jpg)

I modified them in DVDSubEdit to look like this:
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8666/setupmenubuttonsct1.th.jpg (http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=setupmenubuttonsct1.jpg)

I used blue background for transparency and set the buttons color to red.
Can you make an option in DMB to create individual buttons from a big bmp imported to it which contain all overlays for butons?
I see this steps:
- importing "Buttons Menu" with that blue background
- create individually all butons as usual in DMB, the user selecting the area around imported overlay buttons.
- when clicking on another menu, in the edit menu to remain just the buttons and the remaining background to be deleted.

Would be nice if jeanl can add an option to save the .ppm file including that fosforescent green which define the buttons sizes and position. When importing (bmp or ppm?) the saved file, DMB to "know" that external blue is transparency and not needed, green is the buttons size and position, the blue inside the green is the transparency and other colors define button overlay.

In my example files the problem for user is because the menu is in 16:9 format, but when saving is in 4:3 format. Resize to correct AR is needed for menu and buttons. This is not a problem from DMB but user must to find a way to make the correct AR for the menu. Usually the correct size is 720x400.

@ Kurtnoise13, in your first screenshot from the guide, correct tag is: Audio - ja-JA;03
03 means Director's Commentary and all is needed is just to be written is: Audio - ja-JA;03
If your SAP have the correct firmware on the TV screen will appear for example: Audio 2/3 MP3 Japanese Director Comments. The player "know" that ja is japanese and 03 is Director Comments. Also I think if you write the names of the chapters in DMB no SAP will display them.

Later edit: When creating a menu avi using cli.exe, now DMB is creating the .avi.avi.avi file but in the window of creating the menu, the link where I want to be saved the menu.avi is truncated. Maybe is normal to be truncated because the conversion (or renaming) from the .avi.avi.avi was not made to .avi. The debug says "Before invloving cli.exe". The .avi.avi.avi is encoded with the divx codec.

enjoy,
Mtz

Kurtnoise
8th October 2006, 10:53
@ Kurtnoise13, in your first screenshot from the guide, correct tag is: Audio - ja-JA;03
03 means Director's Commentary and all is needed is just to be written is: Audio - ja-JA;03
If your SAP have the correct firmware on the TV screen will appear for example: Audio 2/3 MP3 Japanese Director Comments. The player "know" that ja is japanese and 03 is Director Comments. Also I think if you write the names of the chapters in DMB no SAP will display them.
aaa good to know. :) I'll change that.

@UserXp : I've got an error during importing pictures for background Menus :

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/64/dmberrorhj2.png
What kind of problem I have exactly ? Note that in my previous tests with DMB 1.6 all seems to be fine with this.

An other suggest if you have some time : to be able to choose defaultAudioTrack and defaultSubTrack. For the moment I edit manually the .xml file to select the default subtitle track. Maybe, a combobox could be great in Title Properties to do that. :)

Thanks again.

Mtz
8th October 2006, 15:49
Search for a file with extension .avi.avi.avi. Maybe the file is created with cli.exe, but not updated in DMB.
Which is the sintax in xml for defaultAudioTrack and defaultSubTrack ?

enjoy,
Mtz

Kurtnoise
8th October 2006, 16:27
<DivXMediaManager objectID="1" version="1.0" menuVersion="1" defaultMenuLanguage="en"><Media objectID="2"><Title objectID="6" translationLookupID="4" defaultAudioTrack="01wb" defaultSubtitleTrack="none">

At the beginning of your xml file...For Audio streams xxwb where xx corresponds to the stream number and yysb for subtitles where yy defines the stream number. "none" otherwise...

UserXP
9th October 2006, 11:39
09.10.2006 (version 1.9.0 is out)
<> Auto save every minutes. Program will create 3 files named "_tmpFile_<1 or 2 or 3>_<Date>_<Time>.xml" (once at a time every the minutes the user specify) at program's folder, so you will have the last 3 versions of the file you work.
<> A new option about show the DOS window when involving cli.exe (for users that have problems).
<> defaultAudioTrack and defaultSubtitleTrack can be set at the "Add new Title" dialog.
<> Error handling at undo (program will not crash).

@Kurtnoise13, quide added to my page. Thanks.

@Mtz, avi name is not truncated, just can not be show. I correct this (I think). I can not understand well your post about DVDSubEdit and buttons. Please post again.

About problems
Go to dialog Options and at bottom-left corner hit the small rectangle. The message "Show debug messages is ON" will appear. Now try again to involve cli.exe and tell me the messages that appear. Hitting again the same rectangle, debug messages will be disabled.

Thats all for now.

Mtz
9th October 2006, 20:20
Just load a menu VOB in DVDSubEdit. You'll see the buttons from the menu. After this you can read again my post and I hope to understand more, or maybe you'll have some idea about importing all buttons from a big bmp saved from DVDSubEdit.
jeanl told me that he will not modify the saving routine to save also the buttons sizes (marked with green in his program).

Thanks for the new version of DMB. Until now you made everything asked the users. Translate will arrive soon.

enjy,
Mtz

baer999
9th October 2006, 20:29
Is it possible to rip the original DVD menu from movies?

Mtz
10th October 2006, 15:28
Yes. Usually the menu is the vob:
VTS_0X_0.VOB
before the:
VTS_0X_1.VOB
VTS_0X_2.VOB
VTS_0X_3.VOB
VTS_0X_4.VOB
VTS_0X_5.VOB
If you don't know much about converting, you can use AutoGK to convert the menu VTS_0X_0.VOB. Just set about 7MB for one minute of menu and calculate how much do you need if the menu is longer/shorter than 1 minute. For example, for 30sec. you can use 4-5MB, for 1.30min.10MB, for 2min.14MB.
If you are loading the VTS_0X_0.VOB AutoGK can't detect if AR is 4:3 or 16:9 and because of that, pressing Ctrl+F9 in AutoGK will let you force the output AR which usually is 16:9.

enjoy,
Mtz

UserXP
12th October 2006, 11:25
12.10.2006 (version 2.0.0 is out)
<> Added support for getting buttons from DVDSubEdit using drag & drop. Use the menu Easy - "Buttons from DVDSubEdit..." and read the instructions there.
<> Bug fixes.

I think you can easilly get buttons from DVDSubEdit now.

Mtz
12th October 2006, 11:43
Thanks! Will testing soon, and the language file willl be sent again.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz
12th October 2006, 14:40
Tested and working the feature to load buttons from DVDSubEdit. Congratulations. I think you worked a lot for this feature.

In my previous post was an example with some red arrows which are from the menu. Can be also copied that red arrows inside the buttons loaded from DVDSubEdit?

I made a little experiment using 2.0.0.
The movie is in 16:9 format and the menu also in 16:9.
This is the screenshot from the player with some active button:
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/4564/screenshotfromplayerns0.th.jpg (http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshotfromplayerns0.jpg)

The picture is at full frame size of 720x480. The correct resolution of the screenshot is 720x400 to have correct AR 16:9. Here:
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1204/screenshotfromplayerresizedto6.th.jpg (http://img97.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshotfromplayerresizedto6.jpg)

This is a screenshot from DVDSubEdit with some color settings for p, e1, e2:
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/6812/dvsdsubeditbuttons169qa9.th.jpg (http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dvsdsubeditbuttons169qa9.jpg)
But: if comparing with the screenhot taked from the player, the position of the buttons are not in the right size if using in DVDSubEdit. This is the correct position (DVDSubEdit set to 16:9 Pan&Scan:
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/5748/dvsdsubeditbuttons169pssk0.th.jpg (http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dvsdsubeditbuttons169pssk0.jpg)

I imported the buttons in DMB using 16:9 Widescreen option in DVDSubEdit. Even if I use the Pan and Scan, the buttons are in the same position in DMB.
Here some observations:
The buttons loaded area is at 720x480 which mean full screen. I think the menu is 16:9 anamorphic because there are not black bars at the top and bottom. I always assume that the correct resolution for the screenshot loaded from the menu which is 16:9 is 720x400, and the buttons loaded in DMB must to be also at 720x400.
If encoding a menu with AutoGK and set fixed resolutin at 720, the output resolution of the resulted avi will be 720x400.
But is the possibility that the user encoded the menu at a smaller resolution than 720x480 and if the resulted menu avi is for example at 624x352 (AR=16:9). Because of this can you add an option to resize at some user desired resolution the loaded buttons from DVDSubEdit?

The menu avi is at 720x400.

Than I copied using MWSnap the action buttons from DVDSubEdit and used them in DMB:
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/7654/dmbimportedbuttonsiv1.th.jpg (http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dmbimportedbuttonsiv1.jpg)
I think them are not pasted correctly because the imported buttons in DMB from DVDSubEdit are at 720x480, and my MWSnap copy was at 16:9 AR (720x400).
I edited the button characteristics to match with the screenshot taked from the player:
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/6130/dmbeditedbuttonsxn6.th.jpg (http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dmbeditedbuttonsxn6.jpg)
To see what are the values modified jut make a compare using alt tab with the previous picture.

I know my english is not good, but if reading slowly and looking at the pictures to understand what I'm trying to say.

Resume requests, if possible:
1. when importing buttons, to match the position like in the original DVD Menu.
2. import also the action buttons from DVDSubEdit
3. for the buttons imported from DVDSubEdit to have the possibility to resize (maybe in the preview window?)

enjoy,
Mtz

UserXP
13th October 2006, 08:07
Thanks, there was a lot of work really.

The red arrows must be the overlay. They can be loaded but only if always is red. An other option is to use the feature Overlays - "* Create from picture *".
Crop the picture only to iclude one red arrow and use this picture to the above feature.

Now, I add a new option "Force width/height" to the "Buttons from DVDSubEdit" dialog (redownload same version 2.0.0). Use it and tell me any results.

1. when importing buttons, to match the position like in the original DVD Menu.

What you mean?

2. import also the action buttons from DVDSubEdit

How can I get the actions?

3. for the buttons imported from DVDSubEdit to have the possibility to resize (maybe in the preview window?)

I will add a option, after pasting the buttons from "Buttons from DVDSubEdit" dialog, to resize all of them from this dialog.

Mtz
13th October 2006, 11:30
1 and 3. In DVDSubEditSettings.jpg you have a very good example and I hope that menu is in 16:9 mode. Try to encode the menu for DMB at different resolutions if NTSC: 720x480, 720x400 (resized for correct AR ) and any resolution yEdit: if the menu is 16:9 Anamorphic which mean it not have black bars at the top and at the bottomou want with AR as 4:3 and 16:9 for testing. Than import the buttons from DVDSubEdit in each test menu to see if the buttons are in the same position like if playing the DVD in PowerDVD.
For the button "Force width/height" can you implement to use resolution and not AR? How is it now, it didn't work for me. For user is simple to see what resolution have the avi or picture used for menu and it can write it in the "Force width/height" window using some standard (for example 720x400).

2. I was trying to say to import the overlays. I think the actions for buttons are (from the second series of screenshots) the p and e2 (I made them blue in the Sin City menu example).
In DVDSubEdit you can modify the colors how you want. For example I want for the background blue (used as transparency by DMB). I'm clicking on the b color form DVDSubEdit. In the new pop up window, the B will be in a outlined rectangle with its color. Pressing shift+click on that rectangle, the user can choose his desired color. The same thing can be done with p e1 e2. In my previous screenshot from DVDSubEdit you can see that I used red only for the e1 because I want a perfect match with the screenshot from PowerDVD.
If you want to implement only some colors to be used in DVDSubEdit that can be "readed" by DMB, you can use for example Blue(transparency) for background and Red for the overlays imported.

enjoy,
Mtz

LordIntruder
13th October 2006, 14:12
Hello. :)

I'm trying to add some subtitles to a title (Tools --> Sub2Divx). Is this the only way to do this? Because when I select that option I can select nothing, it asks me for sub2divx.exe.

Where can I find this file? I don't understand this point. I thought everything was given with the program and the Divx SDK? What did I miss?

Finally what kind of subtitles can I add to a Divx media using DivxMediaBuilder? I'm quite lost on that specific point. SRT? Vobsub?

Thanks. :)

Kurtnoise
13th October 2006, 17:01
I'm trying to add some subtitles to a title (Tools --> Sub2Divx). Is this the only way to do this?
sub2divx is a tool to convert SubRip files (srt) or VobSub files (idx/sub) to xsub format. If you want to add some subs to a Title you must use DivxMux.

Where can I find this file?
On UserXp website...

Finally what kind of subtitles can I add to a Divx media using DivxMediaBuilder? I'm quite lost on that specific point. SRT? Vobsub?
iirc the divx container supports only xsub format.

Mtz
14th October 2006, 15:35
Sub2DivX by UserXP can use as input idx/sub and srt files. The final output is a .divx file which include the subtitles added.
DivXMediaBuilder is used to make menu and chapters in a .divx file. Sub2DivX is a temporary pass which add subtitles in the final .divx DMF (DivX Media Format) movie.

enjoy,
Mtz

baer999
16th October 2006, 21:26
I'm sorry but I have to ask again becaus I don't know if the one post was for my question. Is it possible to copy the whole menu structure from a DVD with all Extras etc. onto *.divx container? thx

Mtz
17th October 2006, 04:06
Yes. But all manually.
You need to encode in divx or xvid all the things you want from the DVD and then to rebuild all encoded files in your .divx using DivXMediaBuilder.
In your previous post you asked about the menu and I answered to you. Do the same thing with main movie and extras.
One important thing: your final .divx file cannot exceed 2 GB!

enjoy,
Mtz

UserXP
17th October 2006, 09:31
17.10.2006 (version 2.2.0 is out)
<> Support to import also the overlays from DVDSubEdit. At dialog "Buttons from DVDSubEdit" check the settings you must use and hit the "?" button next to "Paste also the overlays" checkbox.
<> Fixed a bug at "One movie with chapters"
<> Change in menu order.
<> Bug fixes.

Still no luck with resolution.

Mtz
19th October 2006, 01:00
Nice job. Congratulations!
Regarding resolution: I encoded the same menu (16:9 anamorphic) at 720x404 (to have the same AR as from original DVD) and another at 656x368. In both menus DMB imported correctly the buttons. So, wasn't needed the "Force" option.

Kurtnoise
24th October 2006, 16:58
As mentioned in my post #62, there is still a problem with pictures import...:( What's going on ?

UserXP
25th October 2006, 06:59
@Kurtnoise13, enable debug messages (hit the small rectangle at bottom-left corner at dialog Options) and try again. Tell me all the messages.
With version 1.6 can you convert the same picture with out problems?

Offtopic: for Sub2DivX, when saving a .divx file to have the possibility to save also the "strn" informations for Video and Audio (like Video - en-US;MO or Audio - en-US;20). Moving the subtitles area to right or left, because some MTK players, in 16:9 mode are moving the subtitles to the right. In 4:3 mode, the subtitle is better centered, but not perfect. Also creating a .divx file with default position at 40, the subtitles wasn't showed. I must set at 130. Movie resolution was 704x304.

enjoy,
Mtz

All the above are added to Sub2DivX version 3.2.5

Sub2DivX is use these rules
23.976 fps = NTSC
25 fps = PAL
29.97 fps = NTSC
and
for NTSC [Height of avi] = 576
for PAL [Height of avi] = 480

Kurtnoise
25th October 2006, 11:04
@Kurtnoise13, enable debug messages (hit the small rectangle at bottom-left corner at dialog Options) and try again. Tell me all the messages.
Ok...when I load a picture (bmp file) :
Before create avi.
After Create.
After Load.
Before stream Create.
Then, I've the error message posted in #62 post.

With version 1.6 can you convert the same picture with out problems?
I just tried again with DMB 1.6 and problem is the same...So, it's an error with the codec or Dr DivX ?

There is also an issue with the filename saved (xxx.avi.avi.avi instead of xxx.avi).

Kurtnoise
26th October 2006, 14:26
DivX 6.4 is the culprit...:scared: I've remade some tests with DivX 6.2.5 & DrDivX 2.00 and all seems to be fine with them.

UserXP
27th October 2006, 07:34
Very strange. I have DivX 6.4 and all working ok

DMB first will create the xxx.avi.avi.avi. After will involve the cli.exe and convert xxx.avi.avi.avi to xxx.avi.
The problem is that DMB can not create the xxx.avi.avi.avi and for this will not involve cli.exe.

Upload here the picture you are using to check it.

Kurtnoise
27th October 2006, 12:44
I've this issue with any pictures...

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/8250/setuplv0.png

UserXP
27th October 2006, 16:48
Just install DivX 6.4 and Dr. DivX 2.0 OSS to a PC and try with your picture (after I convert it to bmp) and all work ok.

I upload the created avi

Kurtnoise
27th October 2006, 20:00
Trial or Pro version concerning the codec ?

UserXP
27th October 2006, 20:04
Trial version

Mtz
27th October 2006, 21:38
All the above are added to Sub2DivX version 3.2.5

Sub2DivX is use these rules
23.976 fps = NTSC
25 fps = PAL
29.97 fps = NTSC
and
Thank you!

Regarding converting pictures I still have the same problems and never worked also for me (DivX 6.4).
Maybe to think to another option when encoding picture to avi:
- to not change the picture resolution (or if 720x576 or 720x480 to resize it at 720x408 because maybe I want to import buttons from dvdsubedit)
- make 12-15 frames
- framerate > the same as main feature
- call the codec (xvid or divx)
- bitrate 1500 kbps
- encode and save (with the desired name by the user or not)

enjoy,
Mtz

Dams
3rd November 2006, 15:54
Hi all,

I was testing DMB and I've not found the solution to make a "roll-over" on a bouton : like the sample "Last Man Standing", we see on root menu, "gloss" effect over font when the mouse come over.

I'm very geek on this tool, so I need help !

thxs.

Talayero
4th November 2006, 02:11
Hi,

a different question: is there a way to make buttons appear at a precise time?

I mean, there are motion menus that have an introduction before appearing the buttons and then the problem is that layers I've made appear from the very beginning spoiling the image.

Enigmax
4th November 2006, 05:20
Not correctly.
PAL = 576
NTSC = 480

Mtz
5th November 2006, 04:35
Hi,

a different question: is there a way to make buttons appear at a precise time?

I mean, there are motion menus that have an introduction before appearing the buttons and then the problem is that layers I've made appear from the very beginning spoiling the image.
When you load a menu avi you can set the frames for the begining and the end of that menu. Use the first selected as intro and the second selection as menu with buttons.

enjoy,
Mtz

Kurtnoise
5th November 2006, 10:37
Does it work for you with DivxPlayer ? For me the player hangs on when the second part begins, though DMB creates file properly...

Talayero
5th November 2006, 15:20
When you load a menu avi you can set the frames for the begining and the end of that menu. Use the first selected as intro and the second selection as menu with buttons.Mtz

Thanks. I almost got it. I put several menus, title, audio, chapters, all with their intros. The problem is I didn't create the exit action for these intros and now I can't create the Divx file.

I don't manage to find a way to create now these exit actions. I know that when I imported the menus I chose for the introduction part "create after" as exit action. OK, "after" but when?, and how?

I'm also curious to know if the first menu you add is always the first played. I mean, is there no way to establish a first play action by naming a menu as title menu or by any navigation tool?

Thanks in advance.

I edit to say I just found a startingMenuId option in the program. That may answer one of the questions.

Dams
5th November 2006, 18:55
Is there anybody who's can respond to my question ?

UserXP
6th November 2006, 11:26
@Enigmax, yes
PAL = 576
NTSC = 480
I didn't write correctly at above post

@Dams
In order to do a "roll-over" on a bouton, you can use the Text overlay with "Shadow bevel" = 0 and "Outline width" = 2 or 3.
Check the sample I upload. Extract the 2 files at same folder and open the xml file with DMB

As for the intro menu.
An example: let's say from frame 0 to 450 is the intro and from frame 451 to end is the real menu.
In this case the best thing to do is to load your file for the menu as usual, as exitAction put <create after>
and "Start Frame" = 0 and "End Frame" = 450 and hit the Ok button.
After we go again to create a new menu. We hit the button "from menu" and we select the
menu we previous create. Now we put "Start Frame" to 451 and "End Frame" to <last frame of file>,
exiAction is "Play this menu again" and we hit the Ok button.
After, at main screen we select the first menu we create (the intro) and at "Menu Properties" window
we hit the + button near the "exit" and we set as exitAction a MenuTransitionAction to our second menu (the "real" one).

Here must tell that the "real" menu must start from a key frame. If not, then the menu will not work.

Talayero
6th November 2006, 12:09
[QUOTE=UserXP;896774]we select the first menu we create (the intro) and at "Menu Properties" window
we hit the + button near the "exit" and we set as exitAction a MenuTransitionAction to our second menu (the "real" one).[QUOTE]

Thanks UserXP.

I did everything as you said. The problem is I can't find the + button in "Menu Properties"
When I select the intro menu and choose view Menu properties the window that appears has these options:

LanguageMenus properties
objectID
languageCode
startingMenuID
rootMenuID

Kurtnoise
6th November 2006, 12:24
The problem is I can't find the + button in "Menu Properties"

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/4701/menupropertiescp9.png

Talayero
6th November 2006, 13:18
Thanks. I know that's the window I need. I used to see it in previous versions of DMB. The problem is I can't make it show up in this last version 2.2.0.

I have in my computer an old version, the 0.9.4. I loaded the same project there and set the exit action of the intro in the window that did show up. The problem is this version doesn't have the Buttons from dvdsubedit option, and I have used it in my project. So it says that the overlay is missing.

I don't know why I can't see that window in the last version. Is it a matter of my project with intro videos? Do I need to install something more in my computer? Weird.

Kurtnoise
6th November 2006, 13:25
Remove DivxMediaBuilder.ini file and relaunch the app.

UserXP
6th November 2006, 13:41
... or you can close DMB, open DivxMediaBuilder.ini in notepad and remove the lines

PropMenuX=...
PropMenuY=...
PropMenuWidth=...
PropMenuHeight=...

Save the file and open DMB again

Dams
6th November 2006, 16:00
UserXp : thxs for help, I saw that the rollover effect is done by making at least two buttons :D lol

Well, what is the minimun for frame number for menu ? Can we do menu with an AVI with 1 frame ?

Talayero
6th November 2006, 16:07
Amazing. Now it worked. Thanks.

I made the divx, but there's still a problem. Between the intro and the menu with buttons it appears a black image of two or three seconds. The audio doesn't interrupt and you can also see the layer for the first button, but the image is black for two or more seconds.

I have three menus (title, audio and chapters) in that project, all with an intro and in all of them that black background shows up.

I tried to make the intro and the movie with buttons from 0 to 300 and 300 to end frame, instead of 0 to 300 and 301 to end frame, but that changed nothing.

UserXP
7th November 2006, 09:51
@Dams as far as I can tell, must use an avi with 10 frames

@Talayero the problem must located to the frame 300 (its not a key frame).
Load your file to VirtualDub and hit the button with the key and right arrow (this will go you to the next key frame), until you found a keyframe > 300 (lets say 312).
Now, make the intro from 0 to 311 and the "real" menu from 312 to end.

G_M_C
7th November 2006, 10:04
I posted a “request” in the future-DivX-products thread, asking for some more advanced methods of DivX menu creation. I asked for a method of authoring a DivX-DVD, where the autoring has similar possibillities as DVDlab for instance.

Mtz replied my request saying that DivXMediaBuilder (DxMB) allready has the features I was looking for. But reading through this topic hasn’t convinced me that it is possible to do what i want, because what I want to do compares to to Episode DVD's with multiple VTS' and 1 menu.

Currently my project is a composition that spans a complete DVD. It consists of 3 AVI's of 1,3 Gb (the episodes) and 3 AVI's of 125 Mb (the 10 minute extra's of each episode).

The episodes are encoded @ 3700 kbps DivX + 224 kbps MP3; the extra's are encoded @ 1750 kbps DivX + 192 kbps MP3.

I could steal a some bitrate from the main features (or from the audio of the episodes for instance) to make room for the menu's, or i could expand the “DivX-DVD” to DVD-9 format, making menu’s and adding 1 or 2 episodes + extras.

If possible i would like to make menus comparable to menus on the Episode DVD’s found in retail, for instance;

1) Play only the 3 episodes in a row
2) Play the episodes and the extra's in correct order
3) Select each part seperately, and return to menu after.
etc.

and maybe add some add some subtitles and/or other languages (multiple audio-tracks), and those have to be selected too ....

Is it possible to do such a thing with DxMB atm ?

But on the other side of the question: Is there another way to create such a DVD, without having to register on the DivX-site ? Preferably with some Open Source sofware-suite ?

LordIntruder
7th November 2006, 10:49
Hi,

I've just noticed that AC3 causes some sound trouble. My menu when played with DivxPlayer have no sound. When I click my "Movie" button, the movie start but no sound either (movie and menu are both with AC3). Divx 6.4 latest version on my machine, registered, XP Pro SP2.

When I play the same .divx with Windows Media Player 9, I hear the sound this time. When I click the "movie" button, the movie start but with colours artefacts everywhere. Green colours at the top. Awful :(

Now when I use mp3 instead, the sound is here and everything is ok with Divx Player. However with WMP 9, the sound menu is ok, but when I click on my "movie" button to launch the main title: artefacts and green colours on the top.

AC3 is directly from the dvd, I didn't modified it.

Ever noticed that problem?

I use DMB 2.2.0. Here is my mp3 test menu (9Mb) that play well with DivxPlayer but with WMP9:

http://files.to/get/265575/33743/essai.divx

I don't know if this is DMB that causes that or my system that do not like .divx ;)

Oh by the way: menu and movie do not have the same resolution.

Movie = 720x544
Menu = 720x528

UserXP
7th November 2006, 11:40
@G_M_C, no you can not play many different files at a row. This is a limitation of DivXMediaFormat (I want too to add this feature).
You can play one file and return to menu after.
You can add audio/subtitles tracks and create a menu to select the one you want.

As far as I know you can not create such a DVD (limitation of DivXMediaFormat) and no others apps exist to do similar job.

@LordIntruder, just download your file. Is playable with DivX Player and WMP.
I made a menu with Dolby AC3 sound and is working ok in my system. I can not tell where is the problem.

[After your edit]
Menu and movie with different resolution and still the file is playable.

G_M_C
7th November 2006, 12:33
@G_M_C, no you can not play many different files at a row. This is a limitation of DivXMediaFormat (I want too to add this feature).
You can play one file and return to menu after.
You can add audio/subtitles tracks and create a menu to select the one you want.

As far as I know you can not create such a DVD (limitation of DivXMediaFormat) and no others apps exist to do similar job.
[...]

Thx for you answer, i'll keep reading the updates in this thread and hope for the requested features :)

Dams
7th November 2006, 13:23
Hi all,

I've not read all the post, but I've got a problem of resolution :
I was thinking the needeed resolution of picture in order to make a 'avi compliant file' for a menu is 720*576 but the result with DMB is 672*496

The picture is cropped in the AVI file produced and resized ?
What should I choose for picture resolution ?

UserXP
8th November 2006, 11:21
Strange. Try this version
http://userxp.tripod.com/divxmediabuilderexe.zip
(copy and paste)

You can use any resolution, but
1. image size must not be more than 720x576 pixels
2. width and height must be a multiple of 4

Dams
8th November 2006, 11:37
Strange. Try this version
(copy and paste)

You can use any resolution, but
1. image size must not be more than 720x576 pixels
2. width and height must be a multiple of 4

But you confirm to me if I put a picture of 720*576, I will got an AVI file of 720*576 for a menu ?

Dams
8th November 2006, 11:38
File is not available :(

UserXP
8th November 2006, 13:12
Try latest version using VirtualDubMod

8.11.2006 (version 2.3.0 is out)
<> Support to create menu from picture using VirtualDubMod. Users that have problems with cli.exe, now can use VirtualDubMod to create valid menus from pictures. You can select the method at dialog Options - Menu tab.
<> Added 2 more properties ("startFrame" and "endFrame") at "Menu Properties" window.
<> fps when creating menu from picture are same as the last movie/title loaded.
<> Bug fixes.

Dams
8th November 2006, 14:16
Thxs @UserXP :) It works now, no problem of resolution for menu.

I've got one more question : is the overlay format (BMP 4 bit) is a limitation of Divx file format or a limitation of DMB ?

Because I've got difficulties to make good overlay (stroke/contour over text), and I would have BMP 16 bit at least to have nice gradient

LordIntruder
8th November 2006, 20:24
@LordIntruder, just download your file. Is playable with DivX Player and WMP.

Ok thanks very much for info. I really don't know what causes that. I upgraded to WMP10 and same behaviour. I always install the minimum, no codecs pack or stuff like that. The first time I see that on my machine.

So if I can find the reason, I'll tell you here. :)

UserXP
9th November 2006, 08:01
@LordIntruder, this is happened to all videos with AC3 sound? Upload somewhere a small clip and a menu with AC3 sound to try make it a divx file at my system.

@Dams, 4 bit for oberlay bmp is a limitation of DivXMediaFormat. But you can create very good overlays (of course no gradient).

Dams
9th November 2006, 09:17
@Dams, 4 bit for oberlay bmp is a limitation of DivXMediaFormat. But you can create very good overlays (of course no gradient).

How you make very good overlay ? :helpful:

UserXP
9th November 2006, 10:38
You can create similar overlays as DVDs. Of course you can not create anything you want.
You have 3 colors to use (and 1 the blue transparent background). Check a little the "* Create from picture *" overlay and the overlays that comes with the program.

Dams
9th November 2006, 11:20
Yeah, I've already try Create from picture, but the conversion of JPEG File to BMP 4 bit with 3 color, and transparent (blue) color is not so "sweet".

I've try to convert by myself my JPEG file with Paint in BMP 4 bit, but the result in Divx File is that the overlay is not correctly streched (instead of DMB where is correctly displayed).

So , is there any limitation in the choice of color ?
The format of BMP 4 bit you generate with DMB is specific ?

Dams
9th November 2006, 11:48
Look a this :

It seems DMB is not streched correctly the overlay , even if I specified the right pos/size in the button before, the overlay is a little bigger (look a the picture, the first letter and the last letter of LECTURE)

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/1328/snapxu4.th.jpg (http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snapxu4.jpg)

LordIntruder
9th November 2006, 19:08
@LordIntruder, this is happened to all videos with AC3 sound? Upload somewhere a small clip and a menu with AC3 sound to try make it a divx file at my system.

Hi,

The problem is somewhere else because I got problem even with mp3 that causes me artefacts in the video.

UserXP
10th November 2006, 09:14
@Dams
Overlay bitmaps, support only 4 (well, actually only 3) colors.
4-bit bitmaps can have maximum 16 colors. In our case we use only the 4 first colors.
<> The first color in the palette is the transparent color (for us the blue color).
<> The 2-4 color are the colors that we can use in our overlay (bitmap)

Also check this page
http://userxp.tripod.com/how_to_create_overlays.htm

The default position/size for overlays is 6 pixels around the button. I mean if the button is at pos (46, 60) with size 100x50 the overlay is at pos (40, 54) with size 112x62.

I upload a new version where you can select the default overlay pos/size

Dams
10th November 2006, 10:17
Good news !! It will help my work.

For bitmap format, you said you use only 4 colors, it means in divxmediaformat it can accept up to 16 colors or not ?

UserXP
10th November 2006, 12:02
No, the 4 colors is a limitation of DivXMediaFormat.

Dams
10th November 2006, 13:37
ok , so when will you upload your new version ;) ?

UserXP
12th November 2006, 17:14
New version was all ready up

Mtz
13th November 2006, 03:46
Thanks for the new version.
Tested the picture to avi with VirtualDubMod. Is working.
Sugestions:
- for the number of buttons in the menu to use another color, not this actual red, because red is used in many menus. What do you think about the green-fluorescent?
- you said that are problems if not used key-frames. Can you add the function to jump to a key-frame?

Questions:
- can be the size of the final .divx bigger than 2 GB? I want to burn the movie on a DVD to see it on standalone.
- when creating avi from picture I saw the fps is 25. Can be a problem if the main movie is 23.976 fps and the menu is 25 fps?

enjoy,
Mtz

UserXP
13th November 2006, 12:24
13.11.2006 (version 2.4.0 is out)
<> Added support for locating key frames. Key frames are used when creating chapters (a chapter must begin with a key frame) and when we have intro + menu.
For chapters: The 2 methods "Every minutes" and "Exactly ... chapters" start a chapter from a key frame. For the "Manually" method you can use the Shift+Enter key at the "End frame" text box and program will set this box to the next key frame - 1, so the next chapter will start from a key frame.
For intro + menu: At the "New menu" dialog you can use the "Next key frame" button to locate a valid key frame for the menu to start.
<> A new option at dialog "New menu" to select the frames per second for the movie created from a picture.
<> A new option at dialog Options to select the fore color for buttons.
<> Bug fixes.
* For language creator users: Update the txtEndFrame_TooltipText at frmChap_Design node.

@Mtz,
Must be ok now with fore color for buttons and with key frames.
As far as I can tell final .divx file can not be bigger than 2 GB.
Normally if the main movie is 23.976 fps the menu created from picture must be also 23.976 fps (no probelm if not). Any way I add the option to set the fps manually.

Kurtnoise
13th November 2006, 13:21
DivxMux doesn't check automatically keyframes for chapters ?

UserXP
13th November 2006, 13:25
Yes, that is correct. DivxMux change the start frame for a chapter if is not a key frame.

LordIntruder
13th November 2006, 21:15
Hello :)

@UserXP: as you can see on that small thread:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=116934

is it possible to demux a .divx file and get back the original sources (the video and audio of movie or episodes, maybe images or video+audio of menu) ?

If this is possible, it would be great to add such a demux option in DMB.

Thanks.

UserXP
20th November 2006, 11:10
As far as I know there is not possible to demux a divx file and get back all features.
I will try to do an app for this but I am not promise anything.

ripernh
20th November 2006, 23:47
2GB de limite!! isso ñ tem como ser superado

jggimi
21st November 2006, 15:11
ripernh

Tradução automática:

"13) A língua oficial é inglês. Fora do forum do tradutor o inglês é a única língua permitida."

---------------------------

My apologies to those who do not read Portuguese. Neither do I. I used an automatic translator to inform ripernh of Rule #13.

UserXP
24th November 2006, 11:00
24.11.2006 (version 2.7.0 is out)
<> Added support to create visual menus for chapters. After you create chapter for a title, use the menu Tools - "Menu for chapters with preview...". A new dialog will pop up that is self explained. If chapters are more than a page you can use the "<<" and ">>" buttons to navigate. If there are more than one pages, after hitting the Create button and give a name to menu, program will name the other menus/pages using the same name with a number at the end. Of course all buttons has the correct actions (leftAction, rightAction, selectAction), except the "Main menu" button. You must manually set the selectAction for that button.
<> Small change at the order of nodes in xml file.
<> Bug fixes.

dwallersv
27th November 2006, 00:42
Joining the party late... this is a really cool app! Thanks UserXP!!

A few things I haven't been able to figure out:

Is there a way to specify an "end action" for a title? I see this param for menus, but can't find any way to do it for a title. What I'd like to be able to do is chain a set of titles together so they can either be accessed individually through a button for each on a menu, or a "Play All" button can be pressed that starts with the first, and then at the end of each title the next one automatically starts. Ideally I can specify a chapter entry-point as well, and an "override" if the title is launched from it's individual button so the default end-action (next title in the chain) can be over-ridden to return instead to the menu.

If none of this is supported in DivxMediaBuilder but can be implemented by directly editing the xml, no problem. Just need to know how. Is there Playlist support? That's one potential solution...

How do I burn my .divx file on a DVD so it auto-plays, like a regular, MPEG2 DVD? I've burned my .divx file onto a regular data DVD disc, and that works okay when I put it in my Divx compatible DVD player, but it comes up with the generic "filesystem" menu where I have to select the divx file, and then I get the menu system (like a regular DVD). How do I create the DVD so it plays immediately?

dwallersv
27th November 2006, 00:56
Joining the party late... this is a really cool app! Thanks UserXP!!

A few things I haven't been able to figure out:

Is there a way to specify an "end action" for a title? I see this param for menus, but can't find any way to do it for a title. What I'd like to be able to do is chain a set of titles together so they can either be accessed individually through a button for each on a menu, or a "Play All" button can be pressed that starts with the first, and then at the end of each title the next one automatically starts. Ideally I can specify a chapter entry-point as well, and an "override" if the title is launched from it's individual button so the default end-action (next title in the chain) can be over-ridden to return instead to the menu.

If none of this is supported in DivxMediaBuilder but can be implemented by directly editing the xml, no problem. Just need to know how. Is there Playlist support? That's one potential solution...

How do I burn my .divx file on a DVD so it auto-plays, like a regular, MPEG2 DVD? I've burned my .divx file onto a regular data DVD disc, and that works okay when I put it in my Divx compatible DVD player, but it comes up with the generic "filesystem" menu where I have to select the divx file, and then I get the menu system (like a regular DVD). How do I create the DVD so it plays immediately?

Apologies, I should have searched harder... just saw this post by UserXP (http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=897277&postcount=109), which I think answers my question #1 above: NO. Bummer.

So for those of you that still want to do this (G M C and UserXP come to mind :D ), there is an awkward workaround: Concatenate all the seperate titles into one single, continuous media stream, then use chapters to link to the individual titles "inside". Point to these with menu buttons.

I think you can concatenate several files together with VirtualDub(Mod) without having to recompress -- just use DirectStreamCopy. I'll try it out and report back -- if someone doesn't answer before me!

Still would like to know about burning that "autostart" DVD...

UserXP
27th November 2006, 09:10
No dwallersv, we can not have a "Play All" or use a Playlist.
As for the workaround with "chapters", is a solution but we can not play only one "chapter/title". After playing the one we want the player will continue to next "chapter/title".

I don't know any workaround for auto start a divx file. Perhaps there are apps to do this job.

dwallersv
27th November 2006, 15:33
No dwallersv, we can not have a "Play All" or use a Playlist.
As for the workaround with "chapters", is a solution but we can not play only one "chapter/title". After playing the one we want the player will continue to next "chapter/title".Yeah, that's the downside. Still, it's a way to get part way to the "play all" vs. access directly to individual titles. Just gotta press the Menu button when an accessed title ends :D

I don't know any workaround for auto start a divx file. Perhaps there are apps to do this job.

I'm new to DivX as a media format... been using Xvid for a while as a compression technology for archival and storage.

I thought part of the DivX media strategy was purchase of DVDs at really low cost (even free), then the real revenue stream comes from purchasing viewing rights separately (on-line, over the phone, etc.) when one wanted to view the locked material.

The merits (or lack thereof) of this business model, I assumed this meant that a DivX DVD would play just like a regular DVD when put in a DivX certified player. Anyone (especially the DivX guys -- you're lurking around here, right?) know the facts about this? If so, what's the disk format? Apparently not just a UDF102 filesystem with a .divx file on it :D

UserXP, thanks for responding, and again thanls for such a totally cool application that sets us free!

dwallersv
27th November 2006, 15:39
@UserXP

While everyone else is haranguing you with enhancement requests, here's another one: The ability to use the different chapter creation features together with "awareness" of the chapter points already created.

Here's what I'd like to do: Use the "Create chapters every X minutes" (I usually use the 5 minute default), then switch to creating some additional chapter points manually (like finding the end of the "previously on <show>" intro segment, and placing a chapter mark there). An option to have the program automatically renumber/rename the chapter points as additional ones are inserted would be cool.

Also, having the whole chapter creation process be "self-aware" each time it is re-entered -- i.e., the existing chapter points are listed in the the chapter listing box in the dialog every time you come back to it -- would be great.

Mtz
28th November 2006, 04:39
Only modifying the firmware of the player is possible the autostart of divx files. I saw this option in some old player (DK Digital if I remember correctly) which was available for avi files. I don't know how to implement this functions in firmwares, but some users don't like this option. For example if you have 3 divx files on a DVD, always the first .divx will start, and maybe you don't want it.

enjoy,
Mtz

UserXP
28th November 2006, 10:52
28.11.2006 (version 2.7.5 is out)
<> Added support to edit existing chapters when manually creating them. At dialog "Create chapter for title", after selecting a title and if there are chapters for this title, will loaded at the list and you can insert, delete or edit these chapters.
<> When creating visual menus for chapters, program remember the positions of the preview frames when changing pages. Also, if you double click at a preview frame, you can edit the related text for this preview frame.
<> Bug fixes.
For language creator uses: update the Command7 at frmChap_Design node.

weaver4
28th November 2006, 18:03
When I start DivXMediaBuilder all I get are dialog boxes that say: "Can't create AutoRedraw image". I get about 42 of these after I close them one at a time the application starts without any images on the buttons. After that nothing works right. I am using version 2.7.5

UserXP
29th November 2006, 10:53
@weaver4, download this file
http://userxp.belchfire.net/comctl32.zip
and do what it tells in the read me file.

dlflannery
6th December 2006, 04:52
Thanks UserXP - fantastic program!!!

For a multiple-title project, I assume the resolution has to be the same for all titles, correct? How about bit rate?

If I understand correctly from previous posts, a menu video created from a still image (using VirtualDubMod) will be sized to resolution to match the titles, correct?

What causes the 2 GB output file size limit?

UserXP
8th December 2006, 07:41
7.12.2006 (version 3.0.0 is out)
<> Added rulers (in pixels) when previewing a menu. Clicking in rulers will create vertical and horizontal guide lines. When moving a button near to a guide line (at 7 pixels) the button will snap to this line. Color for guide lines can be set at dialog Options.
<> Added support to create motion menus for chapters. At dialog "Menu for chapters with preview" you can set the seconds you want the menu will be. Program will get as frames as needed, create the pictures and finally create the menu movie from these pictures. This can take some time. Also can be set a background image for this menu, just click the button Background.
<> A new overlay named "movie" that is good for the above feature.

@dlflannery,
no, multiple titles can have different resolution. Same for menu from image.
About 2 (or 4) BG limit, check this page
http://forums.divx.com/forum/viewTopic.php?id=907

dlflannery
8th December 2006, 13:01
@UserXP. Thanks - I read the thread on DivX file size limits.

As I understand it:
1. DivXMediaBuilder can create files up to 4 GB.
2. The Philips DVP5960 DVD player (which I will soon have) will probably only play files up to 2GB long.

Does this seem correct?

dlflannery
9th December 2006, 08:13
I think I got part of the answer already. I submitted the question of what is the maximum file size that can be played on the Philips 5960 to DivX support. Here is their answer:
We have certified up to 4GB files with no problems. Our lab has tested 3.5GB and 4GB files and they played ok.

If DMB can produce files that large, they should play on this SAP.

sawyer
18th December 2006, 22:51
hi every time i start DivXMediaBuilder i get "Can't create AutoRedraw image". error i downloaded comctl32.zip and followed the instructions but the error still keeps comming
up any help appreciated

thanks sawyer

UserXP
19th December 2006, 11:39
Download this new version and try it
http://userxp.tripod.com/dmbnew.zip
(copy and paste if link is not working)

Also, this version has some new things at "Menu for chapters with preview".

Yes dlflannery, if your player support 4GB files then you will not have problems with DMB.

Mtz
19th December 2006, 17:55
In Options > Forecolor for buttons, when selecting the desired color, only the number of the button have the desired color. The border which define the button size is always black.
When deleting guide lines, is possible to delete only one desired line?
Also the translation for: *rullerT_ToolTipText="Click to create vertical guide line. Right click to clear all"*
Add somethig like this:
*Left click on the ruler and keep pressed to move the guide lines.*
Also try to extend a little the guide lines over the rulers, or make a small ^ there.
Try to make translation available for this also when the user is in "Menu for chapters with preview..."

Please extend a little the area for *Check1="Same size"* because I can't translate it, beeing too short. There is some space until *1/?*

enjoy,
Mtz

UserXP
20th December 2006, 09:50
All above will be ready at next update.
This version http://userxp.tripod.com/dmbnew.zip is not public yet. Thats why the translation is not ready.

In order to move a guide line, click on a ruler at pos near the guide line and drag.
In order to delete one guide line, click as above and drag the guide line to left ruller (if is vertical) or to top ruller (if is horizontal).

dwallersv
21st December 2006, 01:46
I continue to be very impressed and grateful with your work, UserXP. Thanks once again.

Another suggestion that would be nice if/when you get around to it: For me personally the ability to autogenerate a menu system with multiple pages of menus to handle a large number of titles would be really nice. Unless I've missed something in usage, the app is limited to creating a menu for six titles at a time, and then you have to manually link the menus together by adding buttons. Not that big a deal, but it would be nice to be able to select more than six titles all at once, press a button, and have it generate a set of simple menus chained together, similar to what the program can do for a bunch of chapters. I'm guessing a lot of code could be leveraged for the automation part of it.

I'd use this, for instance, to create DVDs of series like Scrubs (one of my favorites) with an entire season on it. It would be cool to be able to select all 24 episodes, check off the "create chapters every 5 minutes" box, then click a button and get a complete set of menus covering all the episodes, linked together with "next" and "prev" buttons.

Gravy would include a checkbox to make video thumbnails (you already added this for chapter thumbs), and the ultimate would be to specify some basic layout parameters (4 per page, 6, 8, template for background, etc. -- that kind of stuff) -- but that's not nearly as important and the basic autogeneration of a menu system for multiple titles. A lot of that is already there anyway for the current limited-to-six title menu generator, so probably can be leveraged.

Thanks for your consideration!

UserXP
21st December 2006, 12:56
21.12.2006 (version 3.5.0 is out)
<> When creating menus for chapters and for titles/movies you can select almost anything you want. Frame to display, background picture, shape for the preview, overlay for the preview. Also the "<<", ">>", ... are all customizable now.
Also support for many pages when creating visual menu for many titles/movies.
Added rulers (and guide lines) with above features.
<> Small improvements.
<> Bug fixes.

Must write some tutorials I think...

dwallersv
23rd December 2006, 17:14
<> When creating menus for chapters and for titles/movies you can select almost anything you want. Frame to display, background picture, shape for the preview, overlay for the preview. Also the "<<", ">>", ... are all customizable now.
<> Small improvements.
<> Bug fixes.

Must write some tutorials I think...

You rock, dude.

If you ever decide to start taking donations as shareware, I'm in...

dwallersv
24th December 2006, 02:00
<> Small improvements.
<> Bug fixes.

3.5.0 works as advertised... thanks for adding the many titles -> menu system, UserXP!

Two things that aren't working for me: In the file dialog window when selecting multiple movies, if I select more than six at once, nothing happens. 6 or less and the usual "import" of the avi's occurs. Easy to work around -- just add the titles in batches of six, then use the new menu generation feature, and it all comes out fine.

Second thing that's not working for me is selecting a custom background image for the autogenerated menus. I click Menu, choose "Select Background", click the "Use Picture" radio button, then click the "Select picture" button and nothing happens. I don't get a file dialog to choose the image.

UserXP
27th December 2006, 12:43
27.12.2006 (version 3.5.5 is out)
<> Moving/resizing buttons at main screen apply to all selected buttons.
<> The windows for creating menus for chapters and titles are resizable (can set the width and height for the menu). Also can set a name for these menus.
<> When creating menus for chapters and titles, the texts "Select chapter" and "Select movie" can be replaced with a picture. Also all buttons can be moved/resized with arrow keys.
<> Small bug fixes.

Thanks dwallersv. Try this version and tell me if you get any error messages.

A, and happy holidays to all.

UserXP
28th December 2006, 13:08
28.12.2006 (version 3.5.6 is out)
<> Added help file. I want/must make it detailed.

TwstdSF
31st December 2006, 15:30
First, let me say that the DivXMediaBuilder software has come a long ways in my opinion. It's become easier to use which has greatly helped me in being able to use it. I appreciate all the work you have recently put into the software to make it an even better & easier tool to use!

Currently, I am using the "one movie with many chapters" tool, which works perfect for me. I noticed last night, however, that if I burn the movie to a CD in Mode2 that the chapters I created do not seem to exist or work. The movie itself plays fine, but there are no chapter stops anymore. (NOTE: When I create the Mode2 CD, I am leaving it as a .DAT file.)

Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround? Or am I out of luck and can't use Mode2 with a movie with chapters?

I'd appreciate your feedback. If you need any additional information from me, please let me know. Thanks!

dlflannery
7th January 2007, 02:01
28.12.2006 (version 3.5.6 is out)
<> Added help file. I want/must make it detailed.
I just created my first DMB project to play in my Philips 5960. It was simple -- just a menu with three 45 min titles and chapters defined every 10 mins. Played perfectly in the Philips!

:thanks: Thanks UserXP.

Darrius "Junto" Thompson
10th January 2007, 17:30
http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/author/

Give this a look.

Mtz
11th January 2007, 17:03
OMG!
What I did in 10 minutes:
Download, Install, Run, Uninstall. No more, thanks. Or at least "thanks because was available in trial mode". Saved my money. Me happy.
Back to DivXMediaBuilder. Just great. And free. Thanks again UserXP.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz
13th January 2007, 17:05
@UserXP, even not related with DMB, when using in Sub2DivX the font arial narrow 26, the program cannot create the final divx. With sizes under 26, no problem. Can you fix that bug? (Central European used)

enjoy,
Mtz

dwallersv
15th January 2007, 00:17

Give this a look.

I checked it out. It's pretty nice, and has quite a few features that I find very useful for creating a menu/navigation system. I'd drop the $40 on it but for one GINORMOUS deficit: Unless I've missed something, the program always forces recoding of the video streams (there seems to be a dropdown for this in the Video Properties page, but only has a single entry -- Always encode). This renders the program completely impractical, and therefore useless for me.

My main interest is in taking material that is already encoded in MP4 format (usually via XVID), and build a nice, DVD experience around it. I can do this with DivxMediaBuilder -- it doesn't attempt to do any encoding. Just copies the streams. Divx Author forces me to re-encode via the DIVX codec -- even if the source material was encoded with the DIVX codec!

It's a shame, as the rest of the program as a tool for creating a nice menu and nav system is really pretty good.

dlflannery
15th January 2007, 03:35
I checked it out. It's pretty nice, and has quite a few features that I find very useful for creating a menu/navigation system. I'd drop the $40 on it but for one GINORMOUS deficit: Unless I've missed something, the program always forces recoding of the video streams ........
I'm quite happy (thrilled and amazed, actually!) with DMB and haven't tried DivX Author but in fairness to it, it appears from their rather terse description that it can source from a mixture of file types, e.g., mpeg2 and what else ? If you had most of your videos originally in mpeg2 or some other non-MPEG4 format(s) that DivX Author would source then it would be perfect for you -- you're going to have to encode those sources to DivX anyway -- although it sure seems like it ought to be able to just "pass thru" stuff that is already DivX encoded.

Zagnut
16th January 2007, 07:57
UserXP (or anyone else) ,
I'm enjoying testing your prog and am delighted that it should be able to do some things i have been itching to do, so thx!
However after going thru all the procedures to add features buttons and adding a menu...i consistantly get an "Run-time Error 5 - Invalid Procedure Call or Argument" Error ..immediately after hitting the create divx button

i have read the the readme's for both comctl32,msvbvm60, and followed the prescribed procedures; however, still no joy

any idea what's up?

TIA for any help

dwallersv
16th January 2007, 22:40
I'm quite happy (thrilled and amazed, actually!) with DMB and haven't tried DivX Author but in fairness to it, it appears from their rather terse description that it can source from a mixture of file types, e.g., mpeg2 and what else ? If you had most of your videos originally in mpeg2 or some other non-MPEG4 format(s) that DivX Author would source then it would be perfect for you -- you're going to have to encode those sources to DivX anyway -- although it sure seems like it ought to be able to just "pass thru" stuff that is already DivX encoded.

I didn't intend to post a full review...

Some plusses over (the current version of) DivxMediaBuilder:

more flexible editing of project structure (can delete titles/clips for example -- haven't found a way to do this in DMB, so if I screw up, I have to start all over)
Richer, more featured auto chapter creation, better integrated with the menu creation system.
Nice interface and treatment of Titles ("tracks") vs. chapters
This one's a biggie: A "simulation" mode where the project can be tested (menus, navigation, content, etc.) before building the .divx file; the utility of this feature is self-evident.
Not really a "valuable" feature, but the track editing GUI is very nice, with a simulated filmstrip of frames (much like an actual film editor/splicer) that adds a small bit of utility in seeking and deciding on chapter points.

Of course, many of these things are likely to be added/improved in future versions of DMB (like better editing flexibility for the project structure -- i.e. being able to delete things like Media, Menus, etc. that can't be deleted now), richer chapter creation features, etc. etc. UserXP has been a very responsive developer ;)

Still, DA is where it is right now. If not for the huge problem of forcing recoding -- which I never need (I'm big on using the homebrew encoding tools we are all so familiar with here, because of the control and flexibility), I'd buy it.

I'm not looking for a program to handle the encoding/compression step for me. Rather, I'm looking for something to give me the DVD authoring ease and flexibility I have with Adobe Encore DVD. DA is a good step in that direction, yet it lack the source management flexibility to be useful for anyone but the most basic amateur making a DIVX DVD.

Kurtnoise
17th January 2007, 21:37
@UserXP: some people have reported that .divx creation with chapters failed (either manually or directly in Tools>One movie with Chapters) with the last DMB build. I can also confirmed this issue.

Try by yourself with this sample (http://kurtnoise.free.fr/samples/Test_mux.avi) please...

EEPROM
20th January 2007, 22:47
How i can extract one o more "avi" files from .divx container?
It's possible with DivxMediaBuilder or others programs?

rernst
28th January 2007, 19:15
I must say that given first impressions DivXMediabuilder, which I have been using for quite a while, is hard to beat by this tool.

It is reminiscent of the original DVD Author (which I didn't care much for, either).

DivXMediabuilder, over time, has overcome all the little annoyances, nothing serious but 'snap to' really was something I was looking for.

DivXAuthor will be a fine tool if you want to do something quick and dirty, something you are not interested in particularly preserving.

I, too, find the lack of import without transcoding more than a bit annoying. GK/AutoGK do a tremendously better job, for example, with mixed material (Film/Video). Neither DrDivx nor DivX's own tool have been able to do something similar.

The only grievance with DivXMediabuilder has been the necessity to remux the XVid encoded material before using it - but then, who really cares.

I was really expecting DivXMediabuilder to go commercial at some point (thanks for not!).

I guess there is an application for every expectation level and DivxAuthor has a niche.

rernst
31st January 2007, 21:56
Hi,

I am adding a subtitle menu (using subtitles already contained in the DivX file). I can see how I can pick a subtitle track but how do I turn subtitles *off*?

UserXP
1st February 2007, 13:23
I check my self DivX Author Trial Version.
It’s quick and easy and has some nice features.
Of course there are problems with DivX Author and the bigger for me is that program always forces recoding the video streams. Also a user can not create a menu by hand or add the action he wants.

Now, Its almost ready an update for DMB. I add a new option “New project with wizard…”. A new dialog appears where you can add the files/movies you want, select/preview/change the menus will be created and finally create these menus.
The menus can be:
1. Title menu – A menu where the user select the title/movie want to see
2. Chapter menu – After select a title/movie the user can select the chapter to play and/or
3. Setup menu – At previous menu (chapter) the user can go to setup menu where can select the audio and subtitle track.
The above menus are auto created but the user can change them. Also no need to change/modify any action. The menus are ready for play.

Now, about some other things.
You can delete anything you want. I mean you can delete buttons, menus, language menus, titles, chapters (if you create 1 chapter). In order to enable the delete must select at tree view the item you want. I mean that if you want to delete a title, must go to Media – select/click the Title you want and the menu item “Remove Title” will be enabled (or you can use the Shift – F6). I think that I will change this at feature versions.

To turn subtitles off is not possible at latest version. In new version you can turn subtitles off by doing this at dialog “Add action list”
Select the SubtitleSelectAction, select the Title you want and as subtitle track select the VIDEO track (usually the 1st one). Now when you hit the “Add action to list” you can set the subtitles to <none>.

rernst
1st February 2007, 14:42
Hey,

that sounds wonderful. I am very much looking forward to it. I have a tiny request but it bothers the heck out of me:

Where you can say 'Copy button' and 'Paste button' - is there a way to have a keyboard shortcut for it, like Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V?

I know it sounds like nothing and really has nothing to do with functionality but is merely a small usability change. But I use it all the time and it would make working with it so much easier ...

Just a suggestion and again: Thanks so much for the work you do on it. It is a fantastic program and the more Ultra players hit the market now, the more popular it will be.

rernst
5th February 2007, 02:37
@UserXP: some people have reported that .divx creation with chapters failed (either manually or directly in Tools>One movie with Chapters) with the last DMB build. I can also confirmed this issue.

Try by yourself with this sample (http://kurtnoise.free.fr/samples/Test_mux.avi) please...

Indeed, most unfortunately I have to confirm this as well. Let me know if I can be helpful in supplying diagnostics.

rernst
5th February 2007, 02:44

Give this a look.
Just some further comments on DivX Author:

I did some further serious testing and hoped to get around some of the more glaring bugs such as re-encoding film as 29.97fps by building the appropriate AVS files by hand (DGIndex, etc.)

While this eventually worked, I found that anything but more trivial encodes (my latest test project uses three two hour movies with ~30 chapters each, something DivX Author is meant to handle, after all).

I find that it predictably hangs after creating the first few menus. No loops - it just sits there.

I believe Pegasys (which almost certainly wrote it all) are very well aware of the issues as DVD Author v. 3 which was scheduled to be released by the end of January and include the functions of DivX Author was delayed for a month for 'quality reasons'.

There is, as far as I can tell, no support venue for DivX Author, either. The more I engaged in it, the more disappointing it has become.

Check the DivX forums at divx.com, many people have issues with the software.

Maybe the next version will actually work.

(Btw, these issues seem unrelated to the actual DivX codec, I installed a variety of DivX levels with identical results).

Talayero
6th February 2007, 21:36
I made the divx, but there's still a problem. Between the intro and the menu with buttons it appears a black image of two or three seconds.
I have three menus (title, audio and chapters) in that project, all with an intro and in all of them that black background shows up.
I tried to make the intro and the movie with buttons from 0 to 300 and 300 to end frame, instead of 0 to 300 and 301 to end frame, but that changed nothing.

@Talayero the problem must located to the frame 300 (its not a key frame).
Load your file to VirtualDub and hit the button with the key and right arrow (this will go you to the next key frame), until you found a keyframe > 300 (lets say 312).
Now, make the intro from 0 to 311 and the "real" menu from 312 to end.

Hi, I tried the way UserXP said, several times and with different menus, and always have this black image between the intro and the menu with buttons.

Is there a solution for that? Has anyone tried it with success?

On the other hand the find "next key" option that appears in the program doesn't work, I think. I always find the key frames using virtual dub.

Thanks in advance.

sawyer
10th February 2007, 14:51
hi all i still cannot get the software to work
i have followed all the steps
add title
set chapters create menu
did a check for errors got no errors
pressed create divx
and just keep getting a quick flash of a dos window and nothing
else any help with this problem much appreciated have tried and tried to no avail

confused
sawyer

UserXP
12th February 2007, 08:57
12.2.2007 (version 4.0.0 is out)
<> A new submenu “New project with wizard…” at menu File. A dialog appears where you can add the files/movies you want, select/preview/change the menus will be created and finally create these menus.
The menus can be:
1. Title menu – A menu where the user select the title/movie want to see
2. Chapter menu – After select a title/movie the user can select the chapter to play and/or
3. Setup menu – At previous menu (chapter) the user can go to setup menu where can select the audio and subtitle track.
The above menus are auto created but the user can change them. Also no need to change/modify any action. The menus are ready for play.
<> A new submenu "Menu for Audio/Subtitles setup.." at menu Tools. You can use this to automatically create a setup menu for your file. This will work if the file has more than one audio tracks and/or at least one subtitle track.
<> Added more options for the titles, chapters and setup menus. Also a user can save the settings there.
<> Bug fixes.

How to turn subtitles off
You can turn subtitles off at dialog “Add action list”.
Select the SubtitleSelectAction, select the Title you want and as subtitle track select the VIDEO track (usually the 1st one). Now when you hit the “Add action to list” you can set the subtitles to <none>.
For language creator uses: update the s2 at Form2_Module node.

I know that there are some problems with audio in some files. This is relative to DivXMux.exe, I can not do anything for this. Perhaps an update for DivXMux??????

@rernst
'Copy button' and 'Paste button' have now a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V)

@Talayero
The best you can do is to make the intro from 0 to <a key frame> - 1 and the "real" menu from <same key frame> to <end of file>.
As far as I can tell the "Next key frame" button is working.

@sawyer
Where you install the DMB? I mean at what folder.
At same folder have you copy DivXMux.exe?

@Zagnut
After adding all the features you want, do this
Go to dialog Options. At bootom-left corner you will see a small rectangle. Hit it and the message "Show debug messages is ON". Now close the dialog and hit the create divx button. Tell me all the messages you see.

UserXP
12th February 2007, 09:34
@UserXP, even not related with DMB, when using in Sub2DivX the font arial narrow 26, the program cannot create the final divx. With sizes under 26, no problem. Can you fix that bug? (Central European used)

enjoy,
Mtz

I found a strange thing.
If bitmap height is 100 pixels, bmptoxsub can not parse position.
I don't know if this is the problem, but try this new version and tell me any results.

Mtz
12th February 2007, 11:12
You can easly upload it here: http://www.sendspace.com/

enjoy,
Mtz

sawyer
12th February 2007, 13:09
hi again userxp
yes divxmux.exe is in the same folder as divxmediabuilder.exe
any other suggestions ??

TIA
sawyer

UserXP
12th February 2007, 13:13
At what folder you have install DMB?

sawyer
12th February 2007, 14:28
hi again
downloaded new version and moved it to C:\ drive
seems to be working now must need to be on system drive
created a test video plays fine in divx player but crashes WMP 11

TIA
sawyer

rernst
13th February 2007, 02:31
Hi,

I have downloaded the latest version and have some odd issues with it. I am using the fully automated chapter creation but it just doesn't seem to work.

After initially going off and showing me what the menu structure will look like it issues an error message 'Error whilst creating AVI' and then many errors locating the files.

The very odd part is that the files seem to have been created.

Is some of my configuration invalid?

Some more info:

I am trying to create one movie with chapters. The name is 'HOPE.avi'.

The following files are created:

HOPE.avi_Setup.avi.avi.avi
HOPE.avi_Chapter.avi.avi.avi
HOPE.avi_Chapter_2.avi.avi.avi

etc., etc.

Does that sound right?

One more thing:

I hit CTRL-V thinking it might do a PASTE and got runtime error so-and-so, subscript out of range. I was editing a menu. I did not use to get this error.

More bad news:

The keyboard menu selection in menus does not work any longer.

I may be crazy but it looks to me as if most of it is now broken. I hate to be the bearer of bad news.

UserXP
14th February 2007, 09:38
The Ctrl-V has a bug.

Go to dialog Options and hit the small rectangle at left-bottom, to enable debug messages.
After got to wizard and try to create the menus. Tell me the messages you see.

The <a name>.avi.avi.avi is a temporary file. Must have a problem with VirtualDubMod.

rernst
14th February 2007, 15:06
The Ctrl-V has a bug.

Go to dialog Options and hit the small rectangle at left-bottom, to enable debug messages.
After got to wizard and try to create the menus. Tell me the messages you see.

The <a name>.avi.avi.avi is a temporary file. Must have a problem with VirtualDubMod.

Thanks for getting back with me. Here are the results:

Ticking it results in a notification that 'Debug is on'.
I then proceed to the wizard. I specify the input files (made it simpler, I only took two). They contain two audio and one subtitle track each. I add them and add chapters via a Chapterextractored TXT file. The chapter points look good to me.

I then hit next and it goes off and builds the previews. That takes a little while (expected).

It then pops up a message 'Before crate Avi'. I click ok and immediately get 'After create'. The 'After load'. I shall just list the messages here in sequence:

Before stream create
Before AVI open
Before AVI stream
Before AVI compressed stream
Before AVI add frame
(very short delay)
After AVI add frame
An error occurred whilst creating AVI:
Error getting info for the file
Error getting info for the file
Error getting info for file c:\DVD\divxmediabuilder\ (this is the directory where the software resides)
There was an error with the file: C:\DVD\divxmediabuilder\
Error getting info for file c:\DVD\divxmediabuilder\
(delay)

(and the process repeats itself many times)

All the while these '....avi.avi.avi' files seem to be created. They are clearly the chapter selection files.

-----------------
On another note: Selecting the wizard and hitting 'Cancel' hangs the program.
-----------------

Please let me know if I can give you any other diagnostics.

Thank you very much.

UserXP
15th February 2007, 09:40
A new test version is ready.

I change a little the debug messages (I add some more too). rernst, if you want try again and tell me the messages.

I add a new option at dialog Options - Menus tab.
At "Method to convert picture to valid menu" and under "Use VirtualDubMod" I add the check box "Use only VirtualDubMod".
If you check this, program will involve only VirtualDubMod to create the avi menu. Until now, program first create the temporary "<a name>.avi.avi.avi" file, and after involve VirtualDubMod to convert this avi to a valid one.
I think this will eliminate the problems.

Problem about closing "New project wizard" must be ok now.
Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V working properly now.
Some small bug fixes.

Download from here the new exe file
(Copy and paste if link is not working)

Please test it and tell me any results.

Mtz
15th February 2007, 13:44
In english language I found 2 times "stracture". It is correct?

I think in the "Many movies with meu" option, the ^ button to be in the right and the V button on the left.

Wizard mode:
Loaded 2 test movies. Press Next, Next. In titles, page 1. When double click on the "Preview selected menu" appear a new window. After editing it, before closing, is nice to have a OK button, because the Close button is "scary". I'm not sure if my work is saved.
In the chapter menu: let's say I have 20 chapters. But I don't want the name of the chapters to be "Chapter 1", etc. So I want to edit only the word "Chapter" and the numbers 1... 20, to remain. I just want to edit only one text from one button and to be applied to all. For exampe in the upper top left "Button" to have also in that submenu a posibility to change only the word "Chapter".

Could this menus from pictures to have a background sound? Maybe a subfolder in DMB named "Sounds" with at least one simple and nice mp3 (about 10 secods long) to be muxed with the background?

Can be possible that DMB to remember the latest folder used?

About this latest version. After pressing the create button I have the message with: "Can not get frame of file..(my file)...". It was when: "Creating menus for chapters". Must to kill DMB. "Use only VDM" was checked. Only the "MyMovie_Title.avi" was created.
Also I cannot create a menu from a picture. The error is from virtualdub and is about: "Video compression error: the source image is not acceptable." I used one of your templates.

enjoy,
Mtz

PS: I'll send to you by mail the 4.0 version of the language file.

rernst
15th February 2007, 15:15
A new test version is ready.

I change a little the debug messages (I add some more too). rernst, if you want try again and tell me the messages.

Please test it and tell me any results.

Great, thanks. This appears to have fixed the problems. Things are looking very nice so far. Maybe I'll work on a help file :o .

As stated above, there are a few niceties you could put into the program. I haven't checked on the mentioned bugs but I would presume that you could have two English subtitle/audio tracks.

I would second the suggestion to make the 'Chapter 1', 'Chapter x' editable.

One more suggestion: Some sort of global setting for the used font and color (in the menus), background and animation time would be good. I know I can edit it one by one but it never hurts to ask ;-).

This is a big step forward.

UserXP
16th February 2007, 11:09
16.2.2007 (version 4.1.0 is out)
<> A new option at dialog Options - Menus tab. At "Method to convert picture to valid menu" and under "Use VirtualDubMod" a new check box named "Use only VirtualDubMod". If you check this, program will involve only VirtualDubMod to create the avi menu. Until now, program first create the temporary "<a name>.avi.avi.avi" file, and after involve VirtualDubMod to convert this avi to a valid one. I think this will eliminate the problems.
<> Problem about closing "New project wizard" is ok now.
<> Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V at menus working properly now.
<> At auto menus for titles, chapters and setup you can add extra text or picture, just right click at an existing object/text and select "Add text/picture". A new text named "Some text" appears and you can change the text or replace it with a picture.
<> A new submenu when auto creating a chapters menu about changing the caption "Chapter 1", "Chapter 2", ... to "<new text> 1", "<new text> 2", ...
<> Some small bug fixes.

Buttons up and down at "Many movies with menu" changed.

At auto menus the Ok button added.

As for background sound, I will add it at feature releases.

Latest folder is remembered now by DMB.

Yes, could have two English subtitle/audio tracks.

Global settings for the used font and color (in the menus), background and animation time are exist. Just right click at the menu background and select "Save these settings as default".

@Mtz,
You mean that after the message "Can not get frame of file ..." you can not use DMB any more? Is this happened at any other avi?
The menu from a movie can not work with pictures from tamplates folder because is more than 720x576 pixels. I add a warning message there (when "Use only VirtualDubMod" is checked).

rernst
16th February 2007, 14:44
12.2.2007 (version 4.0.0 is out)
<> A new submenu “New project with wizard…” at menu File. A dialog appears where you can add the files/movies you want, select/preview/change the menus will be created and finally create these menus.

You are da man! Many thanks so much for all your efforts. Without folks like you that listen to the community, free software would not be what it is today.

Mtz
18th February 2007, 06:16
Testing the Wizard with 2 short PAL divx files of 7523 frames (duration 0:05:00:920). In first divx file I set chapter at 1 minute (resulting 5 chapters) and in second 8 chapters.
I set the duration in chapters menu at 10 frames.
When pressing "next" DMB start to create the "picformenuxxx.bmp" files (btw them are not created in the tmp folder as expected; tmp is empty). But after 1 minute I have this error: "can not get frame of file..... (7523, 7524, 7525, 7526, etc). I think that 7523 is frame from the movie and every frame after 7523 doesn't exists. I don't know why DMB is searching for such frames because them are greater than the total number of titles frames. I killed DMB.
Try to make a test with the same settings as me.
When I was trying to create the same thing but without motion menu, the DMF file was created.

enjoy,
Mtz

rernst
19th February 2007, 21:03
Maybe I overlooked it - the 'chapters x' captions are always generated in black? Is this true or is there a way to change it.

With some backgrounds they are not readable.

UserXP
21st February 2007, 10:37
21.2.2007 (version 4.2.0 is out)
<> Add an option to use sound at auto menus (title - chapter - setup). This is working only if "Use VirtualDubMod" is selected at dialog Options - Menus tab.
<> Possibility to add shadow at text when creating auto menus.
<> Bug fixes.

@rernst, Just right click at a frame and select "Set font color (all buttons)"

@Mtz, problem about "can not get frame of file..." must be ok now.

tranfa
5th March 2007, 23:52
Hi UserXP, compliments for this very smart piece of SW.

A couple of things.

First, I still have the same problem of Mtz for some files, where I get the message "Can not get frame of file..."
This happens when I try to create the chapters with the option "exactely N chapters"; the weird thing is that this happens at a frame number that is well within the frame intervals of the movie.
It happens with some files coded with the Divx6.5.1, while it doesn't appear with Xvid or older Divx versions.....

Second, with AC3 audio at 48000Hz the program crashes while trying to create the Divx file.
The error message I get is the following:
"time=156844 entryType=GENERAL_ENTRY_TYPE message=Audio's dwLength parameter is incorrect. MediaSource objectId: 7
Audio's rate(48000)/scale(1536) != nAvgBytesPerSec(48000). Riff Offset(0x0) MediaSource objectId: 7
time=156859 entryType=GENERAL_ENTRY_TYPE message= validation failure see log for errors: D:\Prova xvid.log".

Hope this witness can help.

UserXP
6th March 2007, 09:04
Strange problem about "Can not get frame..." Is this happening when create chapters every some minutes?

Yes there are problems with AC3 sound and in some cases in any sound. Can not help on this. Only an update for DivXMux.

tranfa
6th March 2007, 20:25
Strange problem about "Can not get frame..." Is this happening when create chapters every some minutes?

Yes, it happens with all the three modes to create chapters.

tranfa
7th March 2007, 09:22
Having recoded the file with the same original Divx 6.5.1 settings, it works. :confused:

Have to make some tests, but it could be something due to files muxed with AviMuxgui, and to some hidden settings this programs creates on the container.

dwallersv
27th March 2007, 00:55
('been away for awhile...)

Now, about some other things.
You can delete anything you want. I mean you can delete buttons, menus, language menus, titles, chapters (if you create 1 chapter). In order to enable the delete must select at tree view the item you want. I mean that if you want to delete a title, must go to Media – select/click the Title you want and the menu item “Remove Title” will be enabled (or you can use the Shift – F6). I think that I will change this at feature versions.

Eureka! Thanks for clarifying that, UserXP! I was banging on the DELETE key after selecting an item in the tree, and getting nowhere. Perhaps a future enhancement to support context-sensitive DELETE?

tranfa
4th April 2007, 15:09
Hi UserXP.

Is there the possibility of somehow ripping the original DVD menu, and apply buttons and animation on it?
Would it male sense?
(Just asking, no strong opinion on this).

qt4eva
5th April 2007, 22:09
First, Thank you for the SW.

Question:
1. Is there a limit to the final size? Can I make a 6gig divx file and be able to play on my ultra divx dvd player?
2. How do i add a highlight color to my button? When I move the mouse or on dvd player, when I have that button selected, a different color will appear letting you know that that button is seleted.

rernst
7th April 2007, 15:09
Don't know the answer to question 2 but the DivX Ultra file size limit is 4GB.

First, Thank you for the SW.

Question:
1. Is there a limit to the final size? Can I make a 6gig divx file and be able to play on my ultra divx dvd player?
2. How do i add a highlight color to my button? When I move the mouse or on dvd player, when I have that button selected, a different color will appear letting you know that that button is seleted.

The Colostomizer
1st May 2007, 11:32
Can I use a picture for a button and have mouse-over and click animations change it to different pictures? If so, can I use PNG image files so I can take advantage of transparency? Can I have an intro, an outro, and different transitions between menus based on which way I'm going? Are there any solutions for playback besides DivX Player and Windows Media Player using DivX filters? (Sorry if any of these questions don't make sense for whatever reason. I am at least mildly ignorant when it comes to this stuff in general.)

Would someone mind uploading a sample DivX Media File with just the menu and the first chapter of the main movie so I can check out what it looks like? Forgive me if such a sample is already linked to in this thread. After reading through all 200+ posts, I can't remember if there is.

UserXP
21st May 2007, 11:23
Hi again.

I had some problems lately.

@dwallersv, I will add the Delete key at features releases.

@tranfa, it's very hard to do this. I must decode the DVD format first.

@qt4eva,
1. Limit is 4GB
2. Just check the sample file at main site.

@The Colostomizer,
What you mean by "a picture for a button"?
No animations for mouse-over or click.
You can have an intro, an outro, and different transitions between menus, BUT not for the same menus. I mean the outro for a menu can be only one. If you want an ohter one must add again the same menu.
Download the sample from main site.

Wolfman
23rd May 2007, 19:32
This is pretty good software. Just tried my first go and it worked perfectly. Just two questions, can you combine two projects onto one disc (to use up the full capacity of a SL or DL disc)?
What happens if you burn two seperate files(divx) to one disc? I am asking as I anticipate getting an ultra divx player in the near future

UserXP
24th May 2007, 09:37
Yes, you can burn 2 divx files to 1 disk and select witch one to play.

What you mean by "combine two projects onto one disc"?

tranfa
24th May 2007, 11:10
Hi UserXP, thanks for the answers, and all the work.

Wolfman
24th May 2007, 16:12
suggestions
(most of my suggestions are orientated towards burning the files to dvd media and using them in standalone players,

Program searches in last used input directory
Program saves in last used output directory (can be set in options?)
Program opens in last window position
Ability to "add" multiple files at once (without warnings) maybe wild carding?

Ability to edit wizard created file (the xml file?) but in a more intelligent fashion eg being able to click on something on the resource tree(?) and make it changeable (or bubble help if it cant be changed)

Ability to set default button and number of chapters? in global settings? (maybe I missed it)

Being able to edit some global defaults. (eg menu length, now 5 secs)

Use divxplayer only to play the file (or other player that recognizes divx menus, if available)

Is it not possible to simply use the .divx file to "link" to the seperate avi files thus enabling the use of one disc image that would work in both ultra divx and std divx hardware players?

Also maybe warning, when project exceeds 4gb

You already answered my previous question (two projects on one disc, :thanks:)

This is working reasonably well ..good stuff...

UserXP
25th May 2007, 09:46
"Program searches in last used input directory" and
"Program saves in last used output directory (can be set in options?)"
will be at next update. Up to now program remember last dir used.

"Program opens in last window position"
its all ready there

"Ability to "add" multiple files at once (without warnings) maybe wild carding?"
You can add multiple files. Only when you create a new file (using File - New) can select only one file (I can change this). After using menu Features - "Add Titles..." you can select multiple files at once.
As for the warning, if you mean the "Add new Title" dialog, I don't think that is too hard to use it (just click Ok many times).

"Ability to edit wizard created file..."
You can not edit the files created by wizard, because these files are .avi files and not pictures. I mean the texts the pictures of frames are part of an avi file and not just a picture. I have some ideas to make this more flexible - perhaps in feature releases.

"Ability to set default button and number of chapters? in global settings? (maybe I missed it)"
About default button axplain more.
About number of chapters at next release (will be only 6 or 8)

"Being able to edit some global defaults. (eg menu length, now 5 secs)"
All other settings can be set. Just right click at the menu you want and select "Save these settings as default".

"Use divxplayer only to play the file (or other player that recognizes divx menus, if available)"
What you mean?

"Is it not possible to simply use the .divx file to "link" to the seperate avi files thus enabling the use of one disc image that would work in both ultra divx and std divx hardware players?"
If I understand well you want to use the new .divx file
1. at ultra players (full features) and
2. at normal divx players (only to play the avi files)
At normal players ONLY the FIRST avi file will be played. All ohter avi files at .divx can NOT be played. DivXMediaBuilder put the first (main) movie (menu File - New) at first place of .divx file, so this main movie can be played by normal divx players.

"Also maybe warning, when project exceeds 4gb"
This can be done.

Thats all for now.

Redin
28th May 2007, 18:07
The first compilation in the world.
(Ultra)DivX.

This small clip will enable you to see all the potentials that the divx format has. Its a 100 MB file with all the features from the original dvd but cut to a minimum time.
Its not a full lenght movie nor are the extras its a sample with the main purpose of showing the capabilities

Pando Torrent in:
http://redinpais.planetaclix.pt/UserXP/uma_verdade.htm

5 Menus
8 Subtitles
3 AC3 Audio Files
32 Chapters
1 Main-movie
2 Video-bónus
1 Video-clip
(obs. video files have only 90 minutes)

Only one divx file.
100mGb

That movie is not for your eyes only.
Share-it! i dont know how, but share!

lancelot
1st June 2007, 11:54
maybe you could upload this movie on the Stage6.com and give us the link ?

Redin
1st June 2007, 14:05
Sorry. Stage6 refuse any video with this caracteristics. They only accept videos with mp3 audio. My last attempt to know what is the problem, its ZERO/NOTHING.

There is here a emails resume whats happen:

----------------
Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

We hope your issue has been solved. If we do not receive an update from you in this same incident within the next 24 hours, this incident will be set to solved. If you have any remaining questions, you will have to submit a new question.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Please do not reply to this e-mail. E-mail responses do not update your request.

Subject
Uploader Error 13

Discussion Thread
Response (Jeremy) 04/18/2007 04:18 PM
Dear Antonio,

Yes I was mistaken Stage6 will accept Mp3, Ac3, AAC or PCM audio if you have the required appropriate directshow decoders.

Please try uploading the file again with our new stage6.

Let me know if you have any problems with this.

Thank You,
Stage6 Support Team
Customer (António Pais) 03/22/2007 04:40 PM

----------------

Dear Friends.
Once again, you are wrong.

Your answer is too short, without any sense and is not accepted.

Sorry, but you can/must see these links:

http://support.divx.com/cgi-bin/divx.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=316&p_created=1068491177&p_sid=CFjg*cxi&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTQwJnBfcHJvZHM9NiZwX2NhdHM9JnBfcHY9MS42JnBfY3Y9JnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9YW5zd2Vycy5zZWFyY2hfbmwmcF9wYWdlPTE*&p_li=&p_topview=1
it says: -DirectX 7-compatible sound card supporting 5.1 audio channels (surround) sampled at 16-bit/48Khz or better

http://support.divx.com/cgi-bin/divx.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1723&p_created=1125513750&p_sid=CFjg*cxi&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTQwJnBfcHJvZHM9NiZwX2NhdHM9JnBfcHY9MS42JnBfY3Y9JnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9YW5zd2Vycy5zZWFyY2hfbmwmcF9wYWdlPTE*&p_li=&p_topview=1
it says: Audio "Codec Tag 2000" may be requested when AC3 Filter is missing. Audio "Codec Tag 2001" may be requested when latest versions of AC3 Filter is missing.Audio "Codec Tag 8192" may be requested when AC3 Filter is missing.

http://support.divx.com/rnt/rnw/img/enduser/audio.jpg
it says: Valid Audio Tracks formats: .divx, .avi, .mp3, .ac3

http://support.divx.com/cgi-bin/divx.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2376&p_created=1160168852&p_sid=XJgwedxi&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9OCZwX3Byb2RzPTYyMyZwX2NhdHM9JnBfcHY9MS42MjMmcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1
when in webplayer version 1.1.0 it says: Support for PCM, AAC, ogg, AC3 audio if appropriate directshow decoders are present.

http://stage6.divx.com/faqs
it says in "The uploader says that my video is not compatible for publishing, but it's in the DivX format -- what gives?" paragraph:
to use Dr. DivX application, or the DivX Converter. If you still have problems, please contact us .
I have used that tools and i have still problems. Therefore i contact Stage6.

Please, I will be waiting for an answer with some sense.

Many thanks for your support.

Redin

----------------

Response (Jeremy) 03/22/2007 02:56 PM
Dear Antonio,

Yes, unfortunately the Web player does not accept AC3 audio.

Stage6 Support Team

----------------

Customer (António Pais) 03/18/2007 05:25 AM
REF: Uploader Error 13 [Incident: 070312-000916]

Recently i requeste personal assistance from your on-line support center. Below is a summary of my request and our response

My delay for any type of the reply its because the tests you asked to make, they delay to be made. Thus, I arrived at the following conclusion.

Finally, i found the problem. Its because sound type. Stage6 refuse any DivX upload video with AC3 sound. I have made DivX with MP3 sound and i have sucessul, but with AC3 sound not. (See an exemple in your FTP Site my DivX Files. It calls "mo_mp3sound.divx" and "mo_ac3sound.divx").

I Think Stage6 can not due that. I have follow all "DivXMux_Command_Line_Reference.pdf" instruction, In page 2 say this:

DivX MEDIA FORMAT FEATURES
Listed below is the feature set from the DivX Media Format:
. Multiple titles
o Each title may be a full- length feature, special features, an episode, or any other piece of media content.
o Titles do not have to use the same video resolution or audio format as the main feature.
o Maximum of 100 titles.
. Chapter points
o Each chapter point has a label associated with it. This is useful when a file has no menu, or the menu is not in play.
o Chapter points are defined by start and end time stamps.
o Maximum of 100 chapters points per title.
. Alternate audio tracks
o Maximum of 8 per title.
o Supports MPEG 1/2 Layer 3 (MP3), Dolby Digital (AC3), MPEG 1/2 Layer 2 (MP2) audio formats.
. Multiple subtitle tracks
o Maximum of 8 per title.
o Maximum of 3 colours per track.

Like above, AC3 sound its compatible, but Stage6 "say NOT"

Please reconsidere my request to modify your Stage6 filter uploads.

Once again, many thanks for your support.

----------------

Discussion Thread
Response (Jeremy)

Dear Antonio,

The file will not upload for me either, so something is happening during the encode that when analyzed is failing the DivX authentication. can you try re-encoding the file and see if that helps. Did you change any setting on this video compared to the one you successfully uploaded.

Let me know,
Stage6 Support Team

----------------

Customer (António Pais)

Dear friends.
Like your last instructions, i had send to your FTP Site my DivX File. It calls "007_sample.divx"

Please visite your local FTP Site to make your tests on it.

ATENTION - To whom it may concern, this is not a full lenght movie, only goal is to show the DIVX MEdia Format capabilities.

Many thanks

----------------

Response (Jeremy)

Dear Antonio,

Can you send me the file via our FTP Site so I can run some tests on it. Use the following FTP account information to upload your file:

Server: ftp://ftp.divxnetworks.com

Username: divx*******
Password: *******

Let me know the name of the file and when it is done uploading.

Thank You,
Stage6 Support Team

----------------

Customer (António Pais)

Dear Sir.
I think it did not that problem about many sounds tracks because i had one video sent to you and stage6 is accept them. See in http://stage6.divx.com/members/904/videos/1130850 it have to 5 tracks audio like my last and had make with same tools.
Thanks for your support

----------------

Response (Jeremy)

Dear Antonio,

That error is a dmfcheck error meaning that the uploader is not reckognizing it as a valid DivX file. It is most likely do to the Multiple audio tacks available. Can you try uploading onw ith on a couple audio tracks to see if that works for you.

Let me know if this helps.

Thank You,
Stage6 Support Team

----------------

Customer (António Pais)

Please. I intend to upload a divx video file but stage6 tell me a imcomptible problem. I have played on DivX player with not problems. All my menus work very well.

Follow report...

- 26 Menus (720x544 pixels, MP3 sound)
- 1 Main Movie (about 3 minutes), 32 Chapters (only works first two because movie lenght), 3 langs, 2 commentaries langs, 6 subtitles, 704x400 pixels, AC3 sound
- 1 trailer 720x544 pixels, AC3 sound
- 1 video-clip (about 1 minute) 704x528 pixels, AC3 sound
- 13 other titles (about 1 minute each)
- 17 overlays created
All about 257 Mb

EndReport...

It makes with DivXMediaBuilder and DrDivx.

Please acknoledge my email and solve please.

Redin

Find out where to buy DivX Certified products.
-------------------

Redin
1st June 2007, 14:08
@lancelot

you can download on http://redinpais.planetaclix.pt/UserXP/uma_verdade.htm because related problem above.

lancelot
1st June 2007, 22:07
the file I have downloaded using this software is corrupted :(

Redin
2nd June 2007, 00:26
HI, I got an issue with my file. I got instructed to encode MPG HD into DivX with virtual dub, got subs, two tracks 1 mp3 and 1 ac3

and I need to add the footage to the movie before the mine menu appears.

I suppose you do not have problems with divx encode. I suppose you have only problems making menus.
If so,,, You need make "Snapshot output(or input) frame" with "Virtualdub to jpeg(or bmp) files.
After, you need DivXmediaBuilder to make 5 seconds video menu.

Features...
Add Menu...
from picture..
... and that is...
you have now a 5 seconds divx movie.

Regards.

Redin
2nd June 2007, 00:28
the file I have downloaded using this software is corrupted :(

what file?
what software?
please, be specific....
thanks.

Redin
2nd June 2007, 22:40
I did, and looks great, but has problem in the Interop Lab and don't pass all of the tests, some players can read some not

I dont know what is Interop Lab...????
Please, verifiy your video resolution. It must have height x width in multiples of 4. Its a DivX requirements to be accept.

B-52
8th June 2007, 12:28
Hey Guys,

First of all I want to thank UserXP for this awnsom App!

But I also got a small question or lets say a Problem XD

I'm trying to Make a DVD for about 12 Small Movies, but without using the wizzard (not flexible enouth for me ;) )
My Problem with is now, that I'm not able to figure out how I can Create a Label.

I Just want to add an little Text, which I later can use as an button.
adding a button with a text overlay isn't the Problem, but it seems only to work in black and the standart font for me by the way :(
The Problem is the Text which is supost to be display without activating the button.

I would be realy pleased if someone could tell me how to Creat a Label with DMB, if there already is a possiblety.

Redin
9th June 2007, 17:41
maybe you could upload this movie on the Stage6.com and give us the link ?

Well, now you could see my job. Please go to
http://stage6.divx.com/user/redin
and see my last. "Un inconvenient truth".

TO VIEW ALL MENUS IN ACTION, PLEASE DO NOT PLAY. You must download all first and after make play.

Kurtnoise
23rd September 2007, 15:12
Does anybody is able to run DMB correctly on Vista ? I've got a lot of errors with several input files...("error getting info file" during the loading, etc...)

Redin
24th September 2007, 00:55
Kurtnoise13

I think Vista is not ONLY incompatible with DMB. It is with all other software in larg scale. It sucks.
UserXP can tellyou about this, but i think it is with some problems, because i can not have any contact with him very, very, long time.

Regards..

JC007
3rd October 2007, 08:30
Other problems...

I have looked everywhere but I haven't seen any hint of people having this prob. I use the wizard it creates everything just dandy I normalise, and check for errors and all is ok with the world and then I come crashing down..when i go F12 create DIvx i end up with a message like this

"time=9547 entryType=GENERAL_ENTRY_TYPE message=Unable to add featureAvi : C:\dmb\Prickle Farm Revisited.Divx in DivxMediaGenerator::writeTitle"

Does any one know where this prob could lie. I have a feeling it is in the XML file but am not sure.

I downloaded the the sample folder and when I load and create the sample it works fine. Then being sneaky I swap the Movie.divx in the sample for the one listed above change the name and lo and behold it works... I think it's in the XML and that is a world that doesn't quite make a lot of sense to me yet.

Any pointers or tips I would be forever gratefull

Jor-El
30th October 2007, 07:36
Maybe the problem is the filename with spaces:

Prickle Farm Revisited.Divx

Rename the file without spaces and try again

geturchiru
2nd January 2008, 06:03
hi...
thanx UserXP for this great stuff..
im getting this error msg for some avi files.
time=4453 entryType=GENERAL_ENTRY_TYPE message=Bad fourcc in movi List. Offset(0x804) MediaSource objectId: 7

Bad fourcc in index.they actual files are playing fine in vlc and kmplayer.... how to resolve this?
i also had a doubt...is there a chance to associate next file after the completion of one file automatically...i mean after the completion of one movie, the next movie has to start automatically w/o the main menu again..
TIA
chiru

STFU
14th February 2008, 22:42
hey, first of all software looks great the possibilities are far beyond what I hoped for, even the video tutorial looks great.
One thing though, you felt it coming right, when I'm done with everything I keep getting this message

time=197660 entryType=GENERAL_ENTRY_TYPE message=Unable to add featureAvi : D:\DIVXMEDIA FILES\Titles\1.avi in DivxMediaGenerator::writeTitle
time=329637 entryType=GENERAL_ENTRY_TYPE message=Unable to add featureAvi : D:\DIVXMEDIA FILES\Titles\2.avi in DivxMediaGenerator::writeTitle

What does it mean and more importantly what can I do to make this right. Thnx in advance.

louv68
9th March 2008, 18:25
hi...
thanx UserXP for this great stuff..
im getting this error msg for some avi files.
time=4453 entryType=GENERAL_ENTRY_TYPE message=Bad fourcc in movi List. Offset(0x804) MediaSource objectId: 7

Bad fourcc in index.they actual files are playing fine in vlc and kmplayer.... how to resolve this?
i also had a doubt...is there a chance to associate next file after the completion of one file automatically...i mean after the completion of one movie, the next movie has to start automatically w/o the main menu again..
TIA
chiru

Is anyone still following this thread?
I'm experiencing the same problem as above and a few others. I've used this software in the past on a Win2k machine to create chapters (no menu's) as I wasn't able to get the menu's work. On a WinXP machine, nothing seems to work. I have all the needed helper apps/files. Please help as this seems to be a great piece of software I could use for my Philips standalone. :thanks:

Satka
5th September 2008, 14:21
Hello,

This is a great software, thanks!

I have a problem though, the same "Unable to add featureAvi" as some people reported before.
Where does this problem come from, and how to solve it?

I tried to encode my AVIs with several methods, but the problem remains.
Help!

Music Fan
11th April 2011, 14:14
Hi,
I generally encode in H264 and I add chapters with Hybrid, but as I have some divx files that I don't want to re-encode, I still use DivxMediaBuilder to chapter it.
My problem is that my dvd player (Divx Ultra compatible) doesn't see the langage tag when I add it with DMB, but he sees it when I add it with DivxMuxGui !:confused:
So, when I need to chapter an avi file and put langage tag in it, I have to open it first in DivxMuxGui (for the langage tag), then I open this divx in DMB to chapter it (and DMB recognize the langage tag added by DivxMuxGui) because DivxMuxGui can't add chapters.
It's the only solution I found to have chapters and langage tag in divx container.
But I would like to avoid the DivxMuxGui step if possible.
When I open a divx file created by DivxMuxGui in DMB, I see this (when I put english as langage) ;
Audio - en-US;02
So, I decided to type it for avi files directly opened in DMB, then I click on update, ok, ... but my player can't see that it's english.
I also tried this ;
audio - en
as explained here ;
http://userxp.tripod.com/how_to.htm#Create_new_file
and this ;
en
... but no one works, my player sees it only if I added it before with DivxMuxGui.
Of course, it's not very important, because I know that it's english, but I'd like to put this tag anyway.
Is it a bug of DMB or I didn't type correctly the tag ?
Thanks ;)

@ JC007, geturchiru, louv68 and Satka :
There is a solution ! You asked it 3 years ago and you probably don't need it anymore but I explain it anyway, maybe someone will need it.
If DMB refuses an avi file, you have to open and export it before with AviMuxGui. There's no re-encoding of course.
If DMB still refuses it, you will have to use DivxMuxGui.
As he needs separated audio and video files, you have to extract the sound with Virtual Dub Mod and the video (in direct stream copy, audio disabled) with Virtual Dub (not Mod) because sometimes DivxMuxGui fail to create divx with avi exported by VDMod.
Open your avi (video only) and your mp3 or ac3 in DivxMuxGui and he will create a divx recognized by DMB.;)
With some avi, the AviMuxGui step is not useful, it's only useful if DivxMuxGui fails to create the divx.
But don't forget that neither DMB nor DivxMuxGui handle divx3, it only works with divx4, divx5 and Xvid.