PDA

View Full Version : Media Player Classic 6.4.9.0 not playing D2V

LigH
23rd March 2006, 08:20
Greetings,

the current versions of Media Player Classic (6.4.9.0 and a few earlier) list "DVD2AVI project file" as supported format, but when I try to play such a file, the DirectShow filter graph cannot connect ... somehow I doubt that this format should be sent to DirectShow, instead I would expect it to be handled internally by the MPC.

Or du you know a DirectShow filter supporting .d2v?

chros
23rd March 2006, 09:47
MPC's builtin d2v sourcefilter is rather old (2003) and I think doesn't support the newer (1.4.6) dgindex format... I couldn't play it too...
But I have tried an old DVD2AVI v1.86 on a small trailer vob: MPC plays it well, so it seems that the sourcefilter has to be updated ...

I have write in this topic about this:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=101835

celtic_druid
23rd March 2006, 13:00
The only dshow d2v filter I know is the external version of MPC's which as said doesn't support newer d2v's.

LigH
23rd March 2006, 18:37
One of the replies in the german board:

"What could the MPC use from the d2v content, except for the source file name, anyway?"

Somehow I could agree here -- if the MPC does not use the GOP index list, then it could see the d2v file just as a playlist type.

24th March 2006, 02:00
"What could the MPC use from the d2v content, except for the source file name, anyway?" The D2V syntax for the source file name(s) changed.

I think there are more appropriate formats than D2V for play lists.