PDA

View Full Version : Is there an addon or plugin for Virtualdub that can schedule tv captures?

NeVeRLiFt
9th December 2001, 04:01
Is there an addon or plugin for Virtualdub that can schedule tv captures/recordings?
I think I saw or read about it?
Can anyone tell me if there is?

NeVeRLiFt
9th December 2001, 04:12
http://www.geocities.com/sssoftfil01/eigene/VD_start1_5/vd_start1_5.html

Thats all I can find.... and I'm almost sure thats what I saw.

If there is more or better please let me know.

roy
9th December 2001, 06:52
Lokk here http://www.virtualdub.net/. Here you got a special version of Virtualdub with timer.

NeVeRLiFt
9th December 2001, 08:09
Thanks but I heard this one does not work.

TKSoft2000
16th December 2001, 13:45
@NeVeRLiFt
So, you are missing anything in VDstart? Than just try VDstartPro (the big brother to VDstart) ;-)
Here's the link:
www.geocities.com/sssoftfil01/eigene/VDstartPro1B/vdstartpro1beta.html

It is a BETA at the moment but works fine!

Here are some features:
- Support for VirtualDub clones like NanDub
- VirtualDub can be started automatically
- You can use commandlineparameters to control VirtualDub.
- The captured files can be automatically renamed after capturing in up to 214748364799 several files
with the same given name.
- Joblist, wich you can use for endless much commands like start/stop capture, rename, run file
and shut down system to a date/time of your choice.
- I have added a feature which helps me to help you with problems.
- VDstartPro doesn't write anything into your registry! All settings are saved in an INI-file. VDstartPro
only reads the VirtualDub capture path, if you haven't saved the settings.

And if there is anything you are missing just write a mail to the coder of this program (sssoft2001@yahoo.de), he'll help you!

mfg
TKS

bb
17th December 2001, 22:46
I used the timer version based on VirtualDub 1.4.7 from www.virtualdub.net without having problems.

bb

TKSoft2000
18th December 2001, 00:53
The problem of their soulution is that it needs always some time until they have updated their project if a new Version of VirtualDub comes out.
VDstart / Pro should also support all versions of future.

TKS

fisix
18th December 2001, 01:41
i have everthing working fine with an extensive set of scriptit.exe scripts. one starts the capture, one ends it. then another opens up nandub, strips the wave and encodes it in vbrmp3 using lame, 2pass divxs it, then muxes everything. i can change channels by using dscalar. the only issue i have is that i use some of the bt878 tweaks in vdub, and that particular menu wasn't compiled with key commands to toggle switches or move sliders. so i have to set the sliders before it captures and not use the viewing software my cap card came with (otherwise it resets the tweaks, bah). scriptit is nice because it'll work with any program, and once you have the scripts, you just run them with windows task scheduler so you can do timed records (and processing).

so my end product is that i can go away for the weekend, and if the simpsons is run 3 times a day, when i come back monday night i have 6 complete shows all divxd and ready to have their commercials cut. this can be a little hairy because you can only cut at keyframes, but i've had no big problems. if i come home every night, i just hold off on the auto processing until i've edited the commercials in the source avi's.

do you have anything that can auto set the tweak menu? probably all i have to do is look at vdubs source and make a new version that recognizes key commands in the menu... time time..

-fisix

BRN
18th December 2001, 22:37
I've used the www.virtualdub.net timer and have only one problem with it. The channel selector windows are greyed out. Does anyone know a way around that?

Fisix...You mentioned being able to change channels using "dscaler". Can you expand on that?

fisix
19th December 2001, 15:26
quickly, scriptit can do anything with any program as long as it's menus have key commands.

open dscaler, alt whatever to bring up channel selection, type first number and then arrows to get desired second number or whatever. exit dscaler.

as long as you have a program that you can set what you want without ever using a mouse, you are golden.