PDA

View Full Version : Can we remove BeSweet audio encoding from MeGUI?

berrinam
27th January 2006, 13:55
Since MeGUI 0.2.3.2038, audio support has now been extended to support AviSynth input. This is significantly different from previous audio encoding, as it bypasses BeSweet althogether, and uses the audio encoders directly (for setup of these, see my guide in the sticky). The benefit of AviSynth audio include greater flexibility of inputs, filtering, cutting, and the ability to extend encoder support further than the (already large) support of BeSweet.

At the moment, MeGUI supports both modes of encoding (AviSynth and BeSweet), but we would like to phase BeSweet encoding out. It would be good if everyone could stop using BeSweet and start using AviSynth for their audio encoding, so that we can iron out any bugs/issues with AviSynth encoding as quickly as possible. If there is something that BeSweet supports that AviSynth audio doesn't please say so, and we will see what solutions can be found.

Sirber
27th January 2006, 14:57
Doesn't "AviSynth audio" use DShow filters to decode, so if I set ffdshow audio to 5.1 channels for playback, it will output 5.1 channels too (and upmix 2.0 content) for encoding?

nurbs
27th January 2006, 15:05
Stupid question:
Where can I get a build that supports it? Sourceforge still has 0.2.3.2033

Doom9
27th January 2006, 15:29
Doesn't "AviSynth audio" use DShow filters to decode,Only if you specifically request it or select an audiosource that AviSynth cannot handle. AviSynth has no problem with AC3 or DTS if you have the proper plugin (their existence should be checked for), so involuntary upmix followed by another downmix shouldn't be any problem.

Where can I get a build that supports it? Sourceforge still has 0.2.3.2033Try this:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=106189&page=2

There'll soon be more regular builds.

dimzon
27th January 2006, 15:36
you need NicAudio for ac3/dts
mpaSource for mpa/mpg/mp2/mp3

Morte66
27th January 2006, 16:05
May I suggest you put a link to some "how to do sound in avisynth" page in the MeGUI guide?

[I haven't looked at this, but it sounds promising. With any luck I'll be able to change the audio and video for PAL movies to 24fps in a single script.]

nurbs
27th January 2006, 16:50
mpaSource for mpa/mpg/mp2/mp3

You can get the dlls at http://www.avisynth.org/warpenterprises/

deets
27th January 2006, 17:38
im used to using belight to convert my audio from 25fps to 24fps. can i assume (crap pun intended) that this will do the same thing if i use avisynth for audio?

AssumeFPS(24, 1, true)

edit: i guess not, if i try and do that, the encoding hangs, but if i dont change the fps then all works well

Sirber
27th January 2006, 17:44
mpaSource for mpa/mpg/mp2/mp3What about AAC and vorbis?

nurbs
27th January 2006, 18:06
Those plugins are needed for input.
For encoding if you use FAAC you have to set a path to faac.exe. Don't have Nero, but I suppose you have to copy the dlls in the same directory as MeGUI. Encoding Vorbis is not supported yet.

By the way, is there any chance that using the Winamp AAC encoder for LC and HE will be supported in the future?

dimzon
27th January 2006, 18:11
Don't have Nero, but I suppose you have to copy the dlls in the same directory as MeGUI.
No, copy them in the same directory as neroraw.exe

By the way, is there any chance that using the Winamp AAC encoder for LC and HE will be supported in the future?
Later. First of all we must rid off BeSweet related code at all

berrinam
27th January 2006, 21:20
May I suggest you put a link to some "how to do sound in avisynth" page in the MeGUI guide?

...and uses the audio encoders directly (for setup of these, see my guide in the sticky).The required programs (except for mpasource.dll, which I didn't know about) were lited there. Usage is identical to BeSweet usage.

Sirber
27th January 2006, 21:27
Those plugins are needed for input.
For encoding if you use FAAC you have to set a path to faac.exe. Don't have Nero, but I suppose you have to copy the dlls in the same directory as MeGUI. Encoding Vorbis is not supported yet.or I could run some CLI to put them in WAV then use avisynth on it.

berrinam
27th January 2006, 21:32
or I could run some CLI to put them in WAV then use avisynth on it.
That's what AviSynth was meant to avoid -- intermediate files. Why not just let DirectShowSource manage the job?

Inventive Software
27th January 2006, 21:37
I see this as a very good move. I personally have never got on very well with BeSweet, especially with AAC encoding.

Sirber
27th January 2006, 21:40
That's what AviSynth was meant to avoid -- intermediate files. Why not just let DirectShowSource manage the job?to prevent 5.1 upsampling set in ffdshow audio ment for playback... as stated above ;)

berrinam
27th January 2006, 21:45
to prevent 5.1 upsampling set in ffdshow audio ment for playback... as stated above ;)
I see.... even though you could just reconfigure ffdshow for your encoding. I doubt it is that much work to change (doesn't it even allow profiles?). Of course, it's your choice ;)

@To all: I have now updated my guide, which has a brief section on how to use AviSynth encoding. However, it is very brief, as the usage of it is very simple. My guide also has links to all the programs you might need for avisynth audio.

Sirber
27th January 2006, 22:15
I see.... even though you could just reconfigure ffdshow for your encoding. I doubt it is that much work to change (doesn't it even allow profiles?). Of course, it's your choice ;)And what if the decoder is not ffdshow? Still a problem ;)

berrinam
27th January 2006, 22:38
Well, you said
to prevent 5.1 upsampling set in ffdshow audio ment for playback... as stated above

Sirber
28th January 2006, 00:52
If we extrapolate a bit, the problem can rise from any dshow decoder, like AC3Filter :)

iceborne
28th January 2006, 07:27
does NicAudio.dll support more than 2 channel dts/ac3 input?

caus i'm getting this weird avs script in megui when i try to transcode a 5.1dts file to 5.1aac

[Starting job job6 at 10:21:13 PM
Job is an audio job. Commandline:
-core( -input "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\audio test\dts_sample.dts" -output "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\audio test\dts_sample.mp4" -logfile "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\audio test\dts_sample.besweet.log" ) -bsn( -2ch -vbr_streaming -codecquality_high -aacprofile_he ) -ota( -g max )
successfully started encoding
Processing ended at 10:26:40 PM]

ac3 works fine though.

berrinam
28th January 2006, 07:40
does NicAudio.dll support more than 2 channel dts/ac3 input?

caus i'm getting this weird avs script in megui when i try to transcode a 5.1dts file to 5.1aac

[Starting job job6 at 10:21:13 PM
-core( -input "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\audio test\dts_sample.dts" -output "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\audio test\dts_sample.mp4" -logfile "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\audio test\dts_sample.besweet.log" ) -bsn( -2ch -vbr_streaming -codecquality_high -aacprofile_he ) -ota( -g max )
Processing ended at 10:26:40 PM]

ac3 works fine though.
Uuuuh..... actually, that's just a funny quirk of MeGUI (well, to be more precise, it's a bug:D). What you are quoting there is actually the BeSweet commandline that MeGUI generated, even though it may not be planning to use it. It seems that MeGUI always shows the BeSweet commandline, irrelevant of whether BeSweet is used.

iceborne
28th January 2006, 07:58
i thought it was, cause the output file if read in foobar2000 says it was 6ch.

btw, are there any plans to enable options such as dynamic compression, output sampling rate, boost mode, and whatnot?

and if i didn't mention, this prog is so cool!

dimzon
30th January 2006, 11:37
http://www.avisynth.org/warpenterprises/
mpasource_25_dll_20031214
mpasource_25_dll_20040109

@Sirber
I really don't know what does you want to listen. Just reconfigure your DS decoder before encoding OR use native AviSynth plugin (unfortunally there are no avaluable plugins for AAC/M4A)
You can ever create GRF file using GraphEdit and open it via DirectShowSource

ByTheWay:
Sines Winamp has well-documented input plugin API it's possible to provide generic wrapper around it in future:

WinampSource(file = "MyFile.aac" , plugin="in_mp4.dll")

mgh
31st January 2006, 13:51
why not use nicmpasource (available with nicaudio.dll)?

dimzon
31st January 2006, 13:55
why not use nicmpasource (available with nicaudio.dll)?
Ups! MeGUI will be changed soon to use NicMPASource instead of MPASource

dimzon
17th February 2006, 08:57
Does anybodyby still has any problems with AviSynth audio?

FYI: You can write your own avs script and specify it as audio source...

Morte66
17th February 2006, 11:27
Does anybodyby still has any problems with AviSynth audio?

FYI: You can write your own avs script and specify it as audio source...

It's worked reliably over several dozen encodes. It's a bit of a nuisance if you want to do anything other than encode the audio (e.g. PAL to 24fps slowdown), because you have to write scripts by hand. But once the GUI fully encompasses the concept, particularly avisynth script generation and avisynth/audio/OCE profiles, it will be very useful.

berrinam
17th February 2006, 13:17
Does anybodyby still has any problems with AviSynth audio?I've set this question as a poll in this thread.

Sharktooth
17th February 2006, 13:22
vorbis and winamp aac+ wouldnt be bad though...

dimzon
17th February 2006, 13:24
vorbis and winamp aac+ wouldnt be bad though...
I will add it later (if Doom9 allow)

Morte66
17th February 2006, 14:00
Poll: No, not yet, avisynth audio needs integrating into the workflow first. Specifically I can think of:

- The avisynth script generator needs to take audio file(s) as well as d2v and generate a combined script to serve and process them.
- If BeSweet is replaced, the main MeGUI input tab will make more sense with a single input file for AviSynth audio/video, rather than one for avisynth video and another for an audio file. But it would retain the two sets of encoder config for x246/xvid and NAAC/FAAC etc.
- Avisynth templates need to replace "<input>" with something that handles audio input + video input + frameserver stream merge in an intelligent fashion.
- Queue, Mux, AutoEncode, OCE, and OCE profiles need updating to cope with the above.
- Need avisynth import filters like NicAC3Audio.dll for eveything BeSweet could do (MP3, DTS, PCM, OGG...].
- Multichannel audio inputs need parameter control of subwoofer blend on stereo downmix (BeSweet does it, AviSynth appears not to).
- Need a WAV input, so people can produce stuff externally (e.g. in Adobe Audition) and get it into MeGUI.
- Update the guide telling people what they're able/meant to do. [E.g. maybe those other audio input filters already exist, but I don't know about them because the guide doesn't say so.]

Morte66
17th February 2006, 14:03
I will add it later (if Doom9 allow)

If you use aoTuV's excellent venc.exe instead of the obsolete "official" vorbis encoder (which sounds lousy), you will make me very happy. ;)

dimzon
17th February 2006, 14:15
- The avisynth script generator needs to take audio file(s) as well as d2v and generate a combined script to serve and process them.
- If BeSweet is replaced, the main MeGUI input tab will make more sense with a single input file for AviSynth audio/video, rather than one for avisynth video and another for an audio file. But it would retain the two sets of encoder config for x246/xvid and NAAC/FAAC etc.
- Avisynth templates need to replace "<input>" with something that handles audio input + video input + frameserver stream merge in an intelligent fashion.
- Queue, Mux, AutoEncode, OCE, and OCE profiles need updating to cope with the above.

This is not Avisynth Method lack comparing it to BeSweet method. This features is much more easy to add AFTER removing BeSweet support at all. Talking about AviSynth methid lack we mean : AviSynth lack in comparision with BeSweet (especialy with current subset of features, supported in MeGUI).

- Need avisynth import filters like NicAC3Audio.dll for eveything BeSweet could do (MP3, DTS, PCM, OGG...].

NicAudio.dll supports AC3/DTS/LPCM/MP3
WavSource (built-in AviSynth functionality) supports WAV and AVS
Import (built-in AviSynth functionality) support AVS
DirectShowSource (bundled with AviSynth) support everything palyable via DirectShow (OggVorbis, AAC, Matroska...).
Shortly - current supported via AviSynth format is SuperSet of supported via BeSweet
Does you need anything more?

- Multichannel audio inputs need parameter control of subwoofer blend on stereo downmix (BeSweet does it, AviSynth appears not to).
In MeGUI this functionality does'nt supported for BeSweet too. It's easy to add this functionality later.[/QUOTE]

- Need a WAV input, so people can produce stuff externally (e.g. in Adobe Audition) and get it into MeGUI.

It's already here ;)

Morte66
17th February 2006, 14:26
Talking about AviSynth methid lack we mean : AviSynth lack in comparision with BeSweet (especialy with current subset of features, supported in MeGUI).

OK, fair answer, sorry for missing the point. I don't anything I currently do in MeGUI would stop working if you dropped BeSweet today.

Does you need anything more?

No, I just need to know that the features are available and how to use them.

[Um, is it called NicWavSource.dll? Where do I download it?]

Yong
17th February 2006, 14:27
If you use aoTuV's excellent venc.exe instead of the obsolete "official" vorbis encoder (which sounds lousy), you will make me very happy. ;)
LOL
Where you get the "obsoleted official" vorbis encoder?
The latest official(?) vorbis encoder is on here, http://rarewares.org/ogg.html :)
By the way the vorbis encoder(venc.exe) you get from Aoyumi's website is generic build, which is much slower(and bigger iirc) than official build, and much much slower than BlackSword build (http://homepage3.nifty.com/blacksword/) ;)

Morte66
17th February 2006, 14:35
LOL
Where you get the "obsoleted official" vorbis encoder?

It seems I myself am obsolete -- a few months back, xiph.org were offering a two year old build.

Thanks for the update.

dimzon
17th February 2006, 14:35
[Um, is it called NicWavSource.dll? Where do I download it?]
No, it's built-in:
http://www.avisynth.org/AviSource

dimzon
17th February 2006, 14:37
about OggVorbis encoder
You can use ANY binary until it has compatible command-line switches!
So stop your flamewar now!

dimzon
17th February 2006, 14:45
by the way - tested with BeHappy encoders list
BeHappy use same code (i'm developer of both) as MeGUI. So it's easy to add this encoders into MeGUI to (if Doom9 allow). There are list of tested with this AviSynth audio encoders:

lame - MP3 encoding
oggenc - OggVorbis encoder (ANY binary with same command line format)
ffmpeg - tested on AC3 and MP2 encoding, theoreticaly can be used of AMR, MP3, AAC etc
FAAC - AAC encoding
enc_aacplus - CT AAC (SBR, SBR+PS, LC) form WinAmp - works fine
tooLame - MP2 encoding
WavPack
FLAC

DarkZell666
24th February 2006, 14:19
Sounds like an interesting idea indeed, but I'll read the guide first to make my mind up ;)

tebasuna51
25th February 2006, 18:19
Ups! MeGUI will be changed soon to use NicMPASource instead of MPASource
NicMPASource don't work with mp3 input sending the error:
"MPEG Layer III is not yet supported"

MPASource is still needed for mp3 decode (or a directshow decoder).

*tooLame - MP2 encoding

Toolame don't work for me. I use:
TwoLAME 0.3.3 (http://www.rarewares.org/mp3.html) - for Mp2 encoding.

Adub
1st March 2006, 03:24
Please do not remove BeSweet just yet, it at all.
1) Besweet is way faster, sometimes 2 maybe 3 times as fast as Avisynth. If you could speed up Avisynth to be as fast as or faster than BeSweet be my guest in removing it from MeGUI.
2) BeSweet almost always sounds better to me. Maybe it is the integrated boost procedures (Hybrid Gain, PreGain, PostGain, etc.) and normalization techniques. I know that Avisynth supports Normalization, i just don't see an adjustable option yet.

If you can speed up Avisynth, remove BeSweet. If you can make Avisynth encodes sound better, that is just a bonus.

Thank You.

dimzon
1st March 2006, 10:09
Please do not remove BeSweet just yet, it at all.
1) Besweet is way faster, sometimes 2 maybe 3 times as fast as Avisynth.

Can you provide audio job configuration on wich Besweet is at least 50% faster than Avisynth?

2) BeSweet almost always sounds better to me. Maybe it is the integrated boost procedures (Hybrid Gain, PreGain, PostGain, etc.) and normalization techniques.
Hm. Does You try to ABX them? Please, provide audio job configuration too...

berrinam
1st March 2006, 10:23
2) BeSweet almost always sounds better to me. Maybe it is the integrated boost procedures (Hybrid Gain, PreGain, PostGain, etc.) and normalization techniques. I know that Avisynth supports Normalization, i just don't see an adjustable option yet.
AFAIK, those extra Gain modes were never supported in MeGUI anyway, so you can't really say that anything would be lost in the transition to AviSynth-based audio with regards to that. Of course, you can still set up BeSweet through a different encode if you want to apply those filters, but I don't see any loss in functionality as far as that goes.

As far as speed goes, I did a single test with 2ch AC3 input, HE-AAC, High Quality, and found that BeSweet was in fact around 50% faster. As this was with NAAC, I suspect this may have something to do with it going through two C# sections of code (one in megui, one in neroraw), causing a lot of overhead. Perhaps this could be sped up by converting it to a different language. I suppose, though, that the real point is that audio encoding is just so much faster than video encoding that even a large percentage difference in audio encoding time ends up having little impact on total encoding time.

dimzon
1st March 2006, 10:33
talking about speed i must say
I doesn't think my C# have noticable performance effect. Mostly like there are additional overhead by AviSynth itself and Win32 (keep in mind - encoder obtain source data via pipe, AFAIK pipe support in Win32 is not such fast as in Linux)

ADD:
to check pipe overhead try to encode via FAAC (both BeSweet and AviSynth use pipe for it)

tebasuna51
1st March 2006, 16:52
How decode ac3 input with AviSynth methods

We need two methods:

1) If we want preserve the full dynamic range from ac3 input we need to use NicAc3Source.
Is equivalent than use BeSweet-Azid without Dynamic Compression and without Dialog Normalization.
After we can apply a Downmix (if we want stereo output) followed by a Normalize.

2) If we want Dynamic Range Compression we need to use DirectShowSource with ffdshow properly configured (or another directshow filter equivalent, Ac3 filter not recommended).
Is equivalent than use BeSweet-Azid with Dynamic Compression Normal and Dialog Normalization.
We can use ffdshow or Avisynth Downmix (equivalents).
And finish with a Normalize.

Now my questions:
Is possible select between this two methods in MEGUI?
If second method is selected, is possible configure ffdshow from MEGUI?

dimzon
1st March 2006, 17:08
Is possible select between this two methods in MEGUI?

Yes, there are "force decoding via directshow" radio button ;)

If second method is selected, is possible configure ffdshow from MEGUI?
No. MeGUI doesn't know wich DirectShow decoder will be used...

Talking about dynamic compression
I believe it's possible to make it via Sox filter in AviSynth. If anybody provide me valid math formula (i have not time to read long theoretical articles) in form output=f(input) I can write code wich turn this formula into SoxFilter("compand ... (using 100 linear piece approximation)

take in mind input must be normalized (i.e. min(abs(input))==0 && max(abs(input))==Int16.MaxValue)

dimzon
1st March 2006, 17:30
Maybe I'm a little wrong about DRC (I'm not DSP expert/guru)

I'm just trying to talk about such transformation:
http://img327.imageshack.us/img327/4290/untitled5em.png
Where X is input signal and Y is output. This transformation will increase volume for low-volume samples and keep volume untoched for hi-value samples. Is it DRC or not?

As shown in picture it's easy to approximate non-linear function (upper part) with multiple piece of linear function (bottom part)

shon3i
1st March 2006, 17:34
OK first why you want remove besweet from megui. Megui is gui for cli application and besweet is cli. I not aginst avisynth based encoding but i use 98% besweet in my encodings.

dimzon
1st March 2006, 17:47
OK first why you want remove besweet from megui. Megui is gui for cli application and besweet is cli. I not aginst avisynth based encoding but i use 98% besweet in my encodings.
AviSyhth audio is much more flexible/extendible and it's 100% open source (BeSweet is free but not open source) so we (developers) prefer to use AviSyhth audio. Sometimes it's even more correct than BeSweet (there was thread on this forum about tweakig audio for framerate - AviSynth wins)
It's hard (it reques additional resources/time) to support both of them at same time.

One of the reason to drop BeSweet support at - to spent this additional resources/time to other MeGUI tasks ;)

shon3i
1st March 2006, 17:57
AviSyhth audio is much more flexible/extendible and it's 100% open source (BeSweet is free but not open source) so we (developers) prefer to use AviSyhth audio. Sometimes it's even more correct than BeSweet (there was thread on this forum about tweakig audio for framerate - AviSynth wins)
It's hard (it reques additional resources/time) to support both of them at same time.

One of the reason to drop BeSweet support at - to spent this additional resources/time to other MeGUI tasks ;)
OK dimzon there is no problem to remove besweet from megui. I realize you problems with megui.

dimzon
1st March 2006, 18:11
I realize you problems with megui.
I just must say: I have nothing against beSweet itself...

But everyone must realize - there are nothing for free in this world (except burn, love and death). MeGUI cost nothing for you but it cost free time for it's developers. Just realize - each feature reques some amount of time to do it. Sometimes we must make a choice - wich feature (A or B) to implement bcz we dosn't have free time to implement both of them. So if you REALLY need BeSweet we will sill support it but if's possible to achive same functionality via AviSynth only we can save our free time to other features.

dimzon
1st March 2006, 18:55
Seems like proposed method is Limiting variant of DRC ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Companding
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_level_compression
http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Articles/Compression/
I i understand right attack/relese timerequed only if you doesn't know real range (using Normalize we always know the range, isn't it?)

So talking about my DRC i propose such algorytm (in pseudo-code)

Normalize() // Now we know lowest and highest possible values
foreach input sample do
output sample = apply_some_simple_logariphmic_function_to( input sample )

Doom9
1st March 2006, 20:14
in two stable versions I plan to bring frame accurate cutting, which is avisynth based.. we can't do that with besweet (but come to think of it, it also won't work if you want to keep your ac3/dts input).

shon3i
1st March 2006, 21:02
ok dimzon you are the boss :D better remove than be lame

Adub
1st March 2006, 21:34
Dimzon
Can you provide audio job configuration on wich Besweet is at least 50% faster than Avisynth?

Berrinam
As far as speed goes, I did a single test with 2ch AC3 input, HE-AAC, High Quality, and found that BeSweet was in fact around 50% faster.

Those were the main settings that I used. I Also tried with Lame for Mp3 for the same source. I am at school right now so I cannot provide exact data, yet I tried pretty much the same thing as Berrinam.

So Any hope for speed increases? I read about the C# code interfaces, but I do not know how to program yet.

I will run a test using FAAC with BeSweet and Avisynth when I can.

Morte66
1st March 2006, 22:03
As far as speed goes, I did a single test with 2ch AC3 input, HE-AAC, High Quality, and found that BeSweet was in fact around 50% faster.

This is just a wild guess based on some weird CPU utilisation I've seen during avisynth audio encoding, but you might want to check it out.

MeGUI updates the progress indicator every 0.01% of the job, which is many times per second in my audio usage. Making lots of minor calls to the OS to do screen updates can have processes spending half their time waiting for the calls to return. I once met a little VB5 app that sat in a loop and called a Sybase stored procedure to create some database records, it updated a counter on the screen after each call. It did 8,000 insertions per hour. I turned off the counter, and then it did 11,000 insertions per hour.

Mutant_Fruit
1st March 2006, 22:29
MeGUI updates the progress indicator every 0.01% of the job
Updating every 0.01% is overkill. Every 1 or 2% would be much better. I'm sure there'd be a bit of overhead involved in updating the screen, but i doubt it'd use up more than 30 seconds comp time.

Adub
2nd March 2006, 17:38
I second that. I do not sit at my screen staring at MeGUI cheering whenever it goes up .001%. Only when ever it goes up every 1% =)

dimzon
2nd March 2006, 17:41
Actually current progress updates every 4096 samples

dimzon
3rd March 2006, 12:06
DRC for AC3 (special NicAudio build)
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=793573#post793573

Adub
8th March 2006, 03:46
Okay, I have some results.
After running a few test, you can remove avisynth for all that I care. The sound quality is practically the same, and besweet was just a little faster. Not 50%, as I had said previously. Although it was faster. I used FAAC to test.

Here is my MeGUI Log:

Log for job job1

Channels=2, BitsPerSample=16, SampleRate=44100Hz
C:\Program Files\BeLight\faac.exe -b 160 -o "C:\Documents and Settings\Merlin\Desktop\test.mp4" -P -X -R 44100 -B 16 -C 2 --mpeg-vers 4 -Freeware Advanced Audio Coder
FAAC 1.24.1 (May 17 2005) UNSTABLE

Average bitrate: 152 kbps
Quantization quality: 100
Bandwidth: 16000 Hz
Object type: Low Complexity(MPEG-4) + M/S
Container format: MPEG-4 File Format (MP4)
Encoding - to C:\Documents and Settings\Merlin\Desktop\test.mp4
frame | elapsed | play/CPU
44400 | 169.9 | 6.07x

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting job job2 at 6:33:07 PM
-core( -input "C:\Documents and Settings\Merlin\Desktop\Audio\Excerpt from the Finale of Symphony No. 9 'Choral'_4540a85aee6a42d695eae7c4ac425085.wav" -output "C:\Documents and Settings\Merlin\Desktop\test2.mp4" -logfile "C:\Documents and Settings\Merlin\Desktop\test2.besweet.log" ) -dimzon( -dllname bse_FAAC.dll -b 160 ) -ota( -g max )
Processing ended at 6:35:32 PM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Log for job job2

BeSweet v1.5b31 by DSPguru.
--------------------------

[00:00:00:000] Initializing...
[00:00:00:000] -- Initializing...

[00:17:10:763] |

[00:17:12:227] Finalizing...
[00:17:12:227] Conversion Completed !

Visit DSPguru's Homepage at :
http://DSPguru.doom9.net/

The First Job was with Avisynth, the Second was with BeSweet.
Avisynth took 2 minutes 52 seconds all total, BeSweet took 2 minutes 24 seconds. The encoded clip was Excerpt from the Finale of Symphony No. 9 'Choral'.wav, lasting a total time of 17 minutes 10 seconds. Classical, of course.

I am willing to live with the slightly longer time if more time is spent away from besweet development in Megui. On more usefull stuff, like more features for avisynth audio :)

Thanks all. Any questions?

berrinam
8th March 2006, 06:58
First question. You say we can do away with AviSynth audio. I presume you mean BeSweet. Am I right?

Other than that, no. It's all pretty clear -- no problems in sound quality; speed ends up being not much of an issue because audio encoding is generally so fast and the difference is small; and finally, we have a bigger customisability through AviSynth. So you now also agree with AviSynth encoding. I think the decision has already been made to only further support AviSynth anyway.

Adub
8th March 2006, 15:24
Oops, yeah of course I mean Besweet. Sorry about that. So you say that the decision has already been made? Good news. more power to you guys. Thanks for the wonderful program, man.

Laters,
Merlin7777

Oline 61
9th March 2006, 02:52
Just two questions...

1. Is DRC correctly implemented in FFDShow?
2. Is DRC in FFDShow equivalent to -c normal in AZID or -c light, -c heavy, etc....?

If not I can use the nVidia PureVideo AC3 decoder, which is very slow compared to FFDShow, but also very configurable.

dimzon
9th March 2006, 03:14
Just two questions...

1. Is DRC correctly implemented in FFDShow?
2. Is DRC in FFDShow equivalent to -c normal in AZID or -c light, -c heavy, etc....?

If not I can use the nVidia PureVideo AC3 decoder, which is very slow compared to FFDShow, but also very configurable.
yes, it acts like -c normal

new NicAudio version supports DRC too

Oline 61
9th March 2006, 03:37
Cool, how do I turn on the DRC for the new NicAudio in MeGUI though? It would be nice if MeGUI would post a snapshot of the AVISynth script it uses in the log. I want to know exactly what is going on.

dimzon
9th March 2006, 08:19
Cool, how do I turn on the DRC for the new NicAudio in MeGUI though?
This feature is not supported yet

Oline 61
9th March 2006, 13:11
Oh well. I'll just use FFDShow until it is supported then :).

Oline 61
11th March 2006, 19:33
When using FFDShow as my AC3 directshow decoder I get:
Starting job job1 at 1:32:50 PM
-core( -input "C:\FRIDAY_NIGHT_LIGHTS\VTS_03_1 T01 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3" -output "C:\FRIDAY_NIGHT_LIGHTS\VTS_03_1 T01 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 0ms.mp4" -logfile "C:\FRIDAY_NIGHT_LIGHTS\VTS_03_1 T01 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 0ms.besweet.log" ) -azid( -b 128 ) -ota( -g max )
Processing ended at 1:32:51 PM

Log for job job1

Error:
MeGUI.AviSynthException: DirectShowSource: Could not open as video or audio.

Video returned: "DirectShowSource: the filter graph manager won't talk to me"

Audio returned: "DirectShowSource: the filter graph manager won't talk to me"

at MeGUI.AviSynthClip..ctor(String func, String arg, AviSynthColorspace forceColorspace, AviSynthScriptEnvironment env)
at MeGUI.AviSynthAudioEncoder.encode()
The PureVideo AC3 decoder works, but somehow doesn't output 5.1 to the encoder even though everything is configured to do so. Do I need some kind of AC3 source filter?

Doom9
11th March 2006, 20:09
This feature is not supported yetI wouldn't mind if you added support for that right away...

dimzon
11th March 2006, 22:25
If you want to use DRC with NicAc3Source you can write such script
nicAc3Source("bla-bla-bla.ac3", drc=1)

and use it as source in MeGUI

@Doom9
DRC is source-related setting, another sources reque another settings (LPCM source has Channels/Samplerate settings etc...)
So I think we must perform a little change in AudioPart architecture to allow such settings BUT we can do it only after BeSweet part removal....

btw. Aud-X programmers send me SDK so it's easy to add multichannel MP3 support in MeGUI :cool:

Oline 61
11th March 2006, 22:33
Thanks Dimzon. I'll do that.

Oline 61
11th March 2006, 23:52
Should I add one of these:
ConvertAudioTo32bit (clip)
ConvertAudioToFloat (clip)
After NicAC3Source()?

dimzon
12th March 2006, 00:00
Should I add one of these:
ConvertAudioTo32bit (clip)
ConvertAudioToFloat (clip)
After NicAC3Source()?
No, everything will be done by MeGUI automatically

Oline 61
12th March 2006, 00:16
Ok, thanks.

shon3i
12th March 2006, 16:57
Aud-X programmers send me SDK so it's easy to add multichannel MP3 support in MeGUI You mean Aud-X 5.1 codec support. That was be cool but can you aslo implement CT encoding.

Doom9
12th March 2006, 17:06
well.. this thread has served its purpose.. besweet support has been canned a few weeks ago, it just has not yet made it to the public (and it may take a while until it does as I have other priorities at this point.. megui doesn't pay the bills)