PDA

View Full Version : Media Player Classic / Cyberlink H.264 Decoder

aba101280
27th December 2005, 02:34
First of all I have to apologize for my English; I’m a bit out of practice :-)

Perhaps someone here can help me with my Problem. I just finished my first Htpc and everything works so far but what I don’t get is the H.264 Playback. My Player is the Media Player Classic using the Quicktime Codecs from The QT Alternative Package. I have no problems playing the high definition (720p) trailers but the quality is not the nest. There are small stripes and sometimes it stops and gets black for a short moment. Since a few days the new ati driver is available (Card is the X1300) and also a Mpeg4 Decoder from Cyberlink. I replaced the QT Codecs with this Decoder and wow…the picture is fine, no stripes. But the Problem is that the Media Player Classic produces an error before playing the file. “Missing Filter” and if you ignore that and close the warning it starts playing.

Does anybody here have the same problem? I wonder if that could be the trial limit but I don’t want to spend money if that doesn’t work after upgrading.

Thanks for your help…

Greetings

Alex

CruNcher
27th December 2005, 06:38
Hi Welcome on Doom9

Did you tried if the Cyberlink Decoder works in Graphedit properly and do you also have the 5.13 Catalyst installed ?

this is how the graph should look like but for me (most probably because i only have a 9800 pro installed) the endpoints aren't connecting.

http://cruncher.mufflastig.com/wtfcyberlink.png

for you it should/could work if not then most probably it won't work correct in MPC either, because of the properiarity interface that ATI developed for it.

“Missing Filter” and if you ignore that and close the warning it starts playing.

Here is also the question then with wich filter does it play it then you can see this by looking into Play->Filters in the MPC Menu if you aren't seein any filter names then it's most probably the Quicktime Decoder and you won nothing with that then if it shows Cyberlink H.264/AVC Decoder(ATI) then your fine and have to ignore that warning message you are getting on start would be nice if you could post that message here also maybe it's another problem or gabest can find a workarround for the Cyberlink Decoder with ATis Hardware acceleration.

bond
27th December 2005, 12:35
might be the cyberlink decoder doesnt want to connect to the internal mpc mp4 splitter?

cruncher: what does the cyberlink mp4 splitter output?

aba101280
27th December 2005, 14:28
Thank you for your answers. Well, the graph fits. I have the same picture here. Attached is the warnig from the Media Player Classic, Unfortunately in German.

I try to translate:
MPC couln't connect pins in the Filter-Graph. Possibly Codecs or Filters are not installed.

For this Pin there's no filter:
E:\Trailer\,,,,,,,

Alex

MPC (http://www.itba03.de/MPC/mpc.png)

Cinner
27th December 2005, 17:09
I have the same problem as you. This is an audio issue though, not video. Without Quicktime Alternative, Media Player Classic can't play the .mov's audio, which is why it says it can't connect to the "apple sound media handler". The Cyberlink decoder doesn't seem to decode audio, so we need to find a way around that.

On a sidenote: this Cyberlink h.264 decoder works pretty well with my Ati x1800 XL. I can now play those lovely 1080p trailers smoothly: without the decoder, I can't.

aba101280
27th December 2005, 18:37
Thank you for your reply. I had that in mind when this warning poped up for the first time. So maybe there is a way to find a audio decoder because I want to use the cyberlink decoder for the same reason as you do. I have an ati x1300 and can now play thze trailer without any problems.

By the way, does anybody now why this radeon y1300 has problems with the digital DVI-HDMI connection with a plasma screen. I use the panasonic Viera 50 and with an old Nvidia there are absolutly no problems. With the Ati X1300 there are stripes and even black screens.

Thanks again

Greetings

Alex

CruNcher
27th December 2005, 18:45
Cinner does it also work inside of graphedit ?
if you look @ my graph above sound should be no problem and the cyberlink ati pack comes with a sound decoder.

aba101280
27th December 2005, 18:50
I have the same picture in Graphedit. But is it possible that it is an trial limit?

Alex

Cinner
27th December 2005, 19:10
Cinner does it also work inside of graphedit ?
if you look @ my graph above sound should be no problem and the cyberlink ati pack comes with a sound decoder.

My graph looks the same as yours (although all my fields are blue, like they should). I overlooked the fact that Ati includes an audio decoder, so the problem could be a trial limitation indeed. although I can't find any mention of such a limit...

Cinner
6th January 2006, 14:46
I think I came up with a workaround for this problem! Here's what I did:

1. Install Cyberlink H.264 decoder.
2. Install Quicktime Alternative, and deselect 'Quicktime DirectShow filter' during installation.
3. Make shure you haven't installed the official Quicktime player/codec.

Using Media Player Classic, I can now enjow smooth 1080p video WITH sound, so no more "apple sound media handler" error.

When installing Quicktime Alternative WITH it's DirectShow filter, I found that Cyberlink's H.264 decoder was no longer used, and I got jerky playback of 1080p Quicktime files. You do need an Ati Radeon x1800 XL videocard (for 1080p playback) if you want to make use of this workaround.

Does all of this make sense?

bond
6th January 2006, 14:50
cinner: for knowing whats going on you should open your media file in graphedit, than you see what filters are used :)

Cinner
6th January 2006, 15:19
cinner: for knowing whats going on you should open your media file in graphedit, than you see what filters are used :)

I understand, and allthough the graph looks the same as before, the audio error is gone. My graph is also the same as the one posted by CruNcher, but for some reason I get no audio without Quicktime Alternative installed, eventhough Graphedit shows Cyberlink Audio Decoder is handling the sound:confused:

bond
6th January 2006, 15:25
so the cyberlink mpeg-4(ati) splitter is used for .mov files?

whats the audio format in the mov? aac?

Cinner
6th January 2006, 16:18
I don't really know what audio format is used in the official Quicktime movie trailers? Those are the ones I'm referring to.

bond
6th January 2006, 16:53
Cinner, want to do a quick comparison on how the cyberlink h.264 decoder performs compared to the fastest not hardware accelerated h.264 decoder available?

if yes, do the following plz:
1) download the chegepuga filter from elecard here (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=703999#post703999) and install it

2) install the cyberlink filters (which you already have done)
3) open a h.264 trailer of your choice in graphedit (now the cyberlink filters should be shown in the graph) and push play and push stop
4) go to the tab "graph" and disable "use clock"
5) delete the audio parts of the graph and the video renderer at the end
6) insert the elecard chegepuga filter and insert it at the end of the graph, so it looks like:
file source -> cyberlink mpeg-4 splitter -> cyberlink h.264 decoder -> elecard chegepuga
7) push play again and wait till the clip finished (you will not see the video)
8) open the chegepuga filter and note down the decoding fps value shown

9) install the haali media splitter (http://haali.cs.msu.ru/mkv/)and coreavc (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=762244#post762244) (which you might have already done)
10) open the same h.264 trailer in graphedit and create a graph that looks like:
haali media splitter -> coreavc -> elecard chegepuga (without any audio)
11) push play and stop and remove the "use clock" setting again
12) do steps 7) and 8) again on this graph

after doing that you will see how fast cyberlink with hardware acceleration and the fastest non-hardware accel. decoder were able to decode the stream and the real benefit of atis new stuff :)

clsid
6th January 2006, 17:29
Media Player Classic doesn't always use the same filters as the ones you see in GraphEdit. The reason for this is that MPC also has internal filters.

If you play a .mov file in GraphEdit, then you will need a DirectShow filter for it.

If you play a .mov in MPC, then it directly uses the QuickTime api to play the file. QuickTime is very slow at decoding H.264.

The solution is to rename the HD .mov files to something else, for example .hdmov. Then MPC will not use the QuickTime api, but DirectShow, and you can use any filter you want.

bond
6th January 2006, 17:31
The solution is to rename the HD .mov files to something else, for example .hdmov. Then MPC will not use the QuickTime api, but DirectShow, and you can use any filter you want.why not simply disable the qt wrapping in mpc instead ;)

Cinner
6th January 2006, 17:51
Cinner, want to do a quick comparison on how the cyberlink h.264 decoder performs compared to the fastest not hardware accelerated h.264 decoder available?

if yes, do the following plz:
1) download the chegepuga filter from elecard here (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=703999#post703999) and install it

Sure I'll run a test, but how do I install the chegepuga filter? I don't know what to do with the .ax file...

bond
6th January 2006, 18:13
Sure I'll run a test, but how do I install the chegepuga filter? I don't know what to do with the .ax file...for installing a directshowfiilter (.ax) you need to create a .txt file and write the following in there:
regsvr32 filtername.axfor unregistering the filter:
regsvr32 /u filtername.axafter that rename the .txt to .bat and execute it
thats it :)

Cinner
6th January 2006, 18:50
When I try to insert the filter after the Cyberlink video decoder, and connect them, it says "These filters cannot agree on a connection"?

bond
6th January 2006, 18:58
When I try to insert the filter after the Cyberlink video decoder, and connect them, it says "These filters cannot agree on a connection"?are you able to connect the cyberlink video decoder to the video renderer?

bond
6th January 2006, 19:15
you can also try if haali's timecodec tool works for you with the cyberlink filters:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=707338#post707338

Cinner
6th January 2006, 21:17
are you able to connect the cyberlink video decoder to the video renderer?

Yes.

you can also try if haali's timecodec tool works for you with the cyberlink filters:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...338#post707338

That tool won't let me open .mov files, only avi, mkv and mp4...

bond
7th January 2006, 03:10
That tool won't let me open .mov files, only avi, mkv and mp4...try renaming .mov to .mp4

Cinner
7th January 2006, 13:54
When renaming to .mp4, the tool says "cannot connect decoder to renderer". Seems like I won't be able to benchmark Ati's decoder :(

bond
7th January 2006, 14:00
edit: did you try to choose "null renderer" in timecodec?

When renaming to .mp4, the tool says "cannot connect decoder to renderer". Seems like I won't be able to benchmark Ati's decoder :(try if the haali media parser connects to the cyberlink decoder in graphedit:
haali splitter (mov) -> cyberlink decoder -> video renderer

if yes, try if it plays