PDA

View Full Version : error collecting header extension ?

fibola
23rd December 2005, 07:31
i got this error last night while tring to backup cranberries live from paris :

[23:22:53] One Click encoding activated...
-----------------
[23:22:53] Phase I, PREPARATION started.
- CCE SP 2.67.0.27 encoder selected.
- "Movie and Menus Only" mode is enabled.
- VTS_01: 2,206,311 sectors.
-- Scanning and writing .D2V & .AVS files
-- Processed 150,454 frames.
-- Building .AVS and .ECL files
- VTS_02: 674,558 sectors.
-- Scanning and writing .D2V & .AVS files
[23:27:38] 00068 00005 -- error collecting header extension.
- PREPARE aborted.
Aborted.

can anyone know what it could be ?
thanx

jdobbs
23rd December 2005, 12:40
Yes. It means that it ran into problems while trying to retrieve an extension start code from the input MPEG stream... I'll take a look at it and see what I can find.

fibola
24th December 2005, 17:24
jdobbs , found anything ?

jdobbs
24th December 2005, 19:49
Nothing yet.

MarioGarcia
26th December 2005, 16:18
I have the same problem and I posted it to this thread : http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=103969

nobody ever replied...
glad someone more lucky got response and that probably a solution will be found.

MarioGarcia
1st January 2006, 16:24
some updates on this..
since a solution for dvd rebuilder couldn't be found; I tried the big3 method to backup, I must emphasize that dvd rebuilder didn't take the original clean iso... always the header extention error.
the big3 compressed the dvd correctly... the output which was ready to be burnt...was loaded it into the latest dvd rebuilder pro.. two weird things... no more errors.. secondly; it doesn't warn that the dvd is small enough for a dvd-5!!!!

I thought you might be interested how i managed to backup my dvd and might help others too until jdobbs is able to find a solution for this.

kind regards
Mario

jdobbs
1st January 2006, 17:40
???

1. Of course it wouldn't get that... as that is a DVD-RB error message.

2. The "small enough" warning is there to help you. If it will fit anyway -- there is really no reason to reencode it.

MarioGarcia
2nd January 2006, 00:43
???

1. Of course it wouldn't get that... as that is a DVD-RB error message.

2. The "small enough" warning is there to help you. If it will fit anyway -- there is really no reason to reencode it.

what I mean is:
if i take the original dvd use dvdd to rip it in file mode, load that clean dvd folder into dvd decrypter and hit prepare, there's a collecting header extention error...
the very same folder, was loaded into doitfast4u, processed it and compressed it with the big3 method.. then as matter of test, curiosity; I loaded that output folder from the big3 method into the very same dvd-rb, hit prepare there are no more errors in dvd rebuilder at all.,i have no intention of reencoding it just trying if i got the same error.
did i make myself clear? or is it still confusing???

jdobbs
2nd January 2006, 01:42
The header extensions are created by the encoder... so the stream from the Big 3 method would be completely different from the first one. Are you familiar enough with the tools involved so that you might be able to extract the cell in which the error is occuring and send it to me (assuming it would still cause the problem after being extracted)?

jdobbs
2nd January 2006, 01:45
Better yet... if I created a special test version of Rebuilder that records some extended information when it gets that error, would you be willing to run it against the problematic disc and send me the result?

MarioGarcia
2nd January 2006, 01:46
i know how to use the tools; i am not half good as you, but i have ease following guides and in average i am able to obtain the results i am looking for... if you can tell me how i can determine the cell that is causing the error and the tool to extract it; i will do it asap.
all i can do to help :)