PDA

View Full Version : Dvddecrypter error message while burning iso (tracking servo failure)

ricardo.santos
18th December 2005, 01:06
Hi everyone.

While trying to burn a dvd iso image created by dvdshrink with dvddecrypter the following message pops up at around 80% of the burn.

Can someone explain me what it means?

About a week ago i sent my pc to the local pc store to reinstall winxp and i only have a nero oem version installed.

These are the 2 first burns i made since then

intenso dvd+r 1x-8x

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
Disc ID: MBIPG101-R04-01
Book Type: DVD+R
Part Version: 1
Disc Size: 120mm
Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
Number of Layers: 1
Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196.608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2.111.423
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

thanks

Ricardo

setarip_old
18th December 2005, 02:13
Although your question is about DVD Decrypter's error message, the following should be applicable.

NERO error messages can be found at:

http://ww2.nero.com/nero6/enu/FAQs_Products_NeroBurningROM_Error-Messages.html

14. What do I do if I get a 'Focus servo failure' message?

The "Focus servo failure" message is a hardware error. It can be caused by the following:

Poor media - Try more than one brand of CD-R media to rule this out as cause.
Poor power - The power to your recorder could be fluctuating. If you have an internal recorder, try a different power connector and make sure it's not being shared by any other devices. If you have an external recorder, if possible, remove it from the external chassis and connect it to your system as an internal recorder. If this resolves your issue, you need to replace or repair the power source in your external chassis.
Optical head is dirty, needs alignment, or recorders circuit board has an open coil - please contact your recorder manufacturer to service your unit.

ricardo.santos
18th December 2005, 02:13
just tested the drive again with a different media

TDK DVD-R

the same error popped again

setarip_old
18th December 2005, 02:16
"Poor media" is just one of the possibilities listed...

ricardo.santos
18th December 2005, 02:20
thanks setarip for the quick answer

Poor media - Try more than one brand of CD-R media to rule this out as cause

i tried tdk and the same error popped up

Poor power - The power to your recorder could be fluctuating

i have one of them power boxes that control the power going to the pc

please contact your recorder manufacturer to service your unit.

thought of that, but i live in the country side of in Portugal and finding a shop that does it nearby is very difficult not to say expensive. i think i will have to consider buying a new dvd recorder, it works out a lot cheaper and i dont loose the computer

any suggestions?

blutach
18th December 2005, 03:30
Can you post your full burn log please ricardo?

In the meantime, read and implement the Golden Rules of Burning (http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49635).

That media is very problematic though.

As well, have a look at the **04 section here (http://www.cdr-zone.com/articles/atapi_error_codes_page_1.html).

Regards

ricardo.santos
18th December 2005, 12:08
Tanks for the suggestions Blutach

heres some screenshots of how dvdd is setup on my system

setarip_old
18th December 2005, 16:51
One of the possible causes that I listed is, "Optical head is dirty, needs alignment, or recorders circuit board has an open coil".

If you're lucky, it may just be that the head is dirty. So, before considering purchasing a new burner, you might want to run a DVD/CD cleaning disc on this burner. Maxell makes one that sells for approximately $10US...

LIGHTNING UK!
18th December 2005, 17:25
Try the newer 106 firmware.

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=1757

ricardo.santos
18th December 2005, 18:08
update:

uninstalled nero oem and installed dvdsanta(my favorite untill i discovered DVDD) and it burns dvds now, just made 2 sucessfull burns

Try the newer 106 firmware.

i was aware of that firmware update but the Dangerous Brothers site doesnt say what the update does, i know its for free but i would like to know what im installing.

Ps: whats the difference between RPC1 AND RPC2?

setarip_old
19th December 2005, 02:49
uninstalled nero oem and installed dvdsanta(my favorite untill i discovered DVDD) and it burns dvds now, just made 2 sucessfull burns
Although it's great to hear that, if I understand you correctly, you can now successfully burn using DVD Santa, it's hard to see how that would affect the problem you had using DVD Decrypter. Can you now also burn successfully using DVD Decrypter?

LIGHTNING UK!
19th December 2005, 18:43
It's a firmware update... it fixes problems burning certain media and adds support for newer media - same things all firmware updates do?!

ricardo.santos
19th December 2005, 19:53
It's a firmware update... it fixes problems burning certain media and adds support for newer media - same things all firmware updates do?!

not an official one from LG though!!!

Thanks

LIGHTNING UK!
20th December 2005, 23:57
LG are probably slow at releasing updates.

Obviously these other companies have the source code to the firmware too, so there is nothing dodgy about them - LG have supplied them with it.

ricardo.santos
23rd December 2005, 22:13
whats the difference between RPC1 AND RPC2?

Ricardo

feedback
24th December 2005, 06:54
From Wikipedia...

DVDs are the most famous and visible example of regional lockout. Computer DVD drives come from the factory with RPC (Regional Playback Control), either RPC-1 (older drives) or RPC-2 (newer drives). The difference between the two is that RPC-1 means the player software has the responsibility of enforcing the region control, while in RPC-2 it's enforced by the drive's firmware.See Here. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Region_coding)

Note that all RPC2 drives must limit the number of region changes to 5 .

Merry Christmas!:)

uv m
26th December 2005, 14:33
Wow, MPUcoder, Gabest, Lightning-all icons to a Vermont native old enough to have been at Woodstock, . . . the first time! And all on the same page. Nice crowd, I believe I'll hang around. :-)
I've a problem that I suspect is related to the thread, and it has driven me nuts for a couple of months. Burning with DVDde on a Sony DRU500A v2.0e, Daikin authoring of TEMPgenc encodes-I've been a happy camper, ....until . . .? XP Pro Service Pack 2 and the security rollups, the Zone Alarm update, DVDde's release of 3.5.4.0. Something has caused my computer to fail to recognize even Video_TS files on discs that I burned on the same burner with the same version of Sony firware and same rev. of DVDDecryp, (albeit burned with an older one, 3.2.3 but re-installing v.3.2. makes no difference)
I first saw this happen, using DVDde to rip a client's VHS to DVD-R burn from one of the cheapo consumer VHS/DVD burners, so I was ready to dismiss that to their discs not being closed, properly. In Explorer even, the discs look blank, same with DVDde, (e.g., Incompatible media). Then, it started happening with discs I had made, and had stored properly over six months ago!! _and yet they play on Set top players just fine!?
I do play region 2 discs from a friend in Portugal and the Sony Firmware for the e upgrade, may have caused that burner to identify itself with regions, whereas I have always been able to burn region free forever without any problems with resets for the burner.
To my mind, this is yet another good reason to supports MPUcoder's stance of open code; union activist, liberal and proud of it, copyright respecting image jockey that I am, there is just too much time wasted on ineffectual attempts to "protect" capital gains and residuals, all to no avail. I suppose that is the point. Make it harder, not impossible, because it is.
All suggestions greatly appreciated. Peace, happiness and shiny lights, er. . . shining lights, in the coming year!