Thanks

ohliuv
3rd December 2001, 17:14
yea, I have the same question :confused:

anyone has any ideas?

Yusaku
4th December 2001, 02:05
1) in DOS prompt "copy /b vobsub1.sub+vobsub2.sub vobsubout.vob"
2) reindex using vobsubout.vob and vobsub1.ifo (the IFOs do not need to be the SAME, but at least WAY similar - i.e. the language stream must have same ID. But since it is most probably from the same DVD, it should work) (reindex using VobSub configure)
3) Press "I've stripped the source files and crossed my fingers"
4) Pray
5) use SubResync to fix synchronization issues

ohliuv
4th December 2001, 17:51
thx Yusaku :)

will try it soon

ohliuv
12th December 2001, 12:15
OK, I'm not too happy with the result.

I tried to merge the 2 vobsubs of a 2-side DVD and it didnt work. I guess that you also need to 'merge' the 2 .ifo files. Since I have no experience in .ifo editing, I gave up and did the job with smartripper and Excel :)

bira
13th December 2001, 06:02
ohliuv,

Let's say you have for the first side:
vts_1_01.vob
vts_1_02.vob
vts_1_03.vob
vts_1_04.vob

and for the second side:
vts_2_01.vob
vts_2_02.vob
vts_2_03.vob
vts_2_04.vob

Just rename the vob's from the second side to:
vts_1_05.vob
vts_1_06.vob
vts_1_07.vob
vts_1_08.vob

Use the ifo from the first side and you are done. (all files must be in the same folder)

bira

ohliuv
13th December 2001, 17:44
I could not put them in the same folder, maybe that was the problem ...

ukendt
13th December 2001, 23:38
The pray point helped...........:-):D

Yusaku
14th December 2001, 01:02
@bira: Yes, that is another option if you want to create VOBSUBs from scratch. But the two should have the same results when used properly. Hovewer, on some DVDs this will simply fail. Tweaking with vStrip with some background knowledge might help (remapping stream IDs), but EVEN THAT is not guarranteed method, as you'll end up with desynchronized output, and also vobsub MIGHT crash on the unexpected start of new (and same) vob/cell ID.

Anyways, unless you want to burn your own DVD-R, streamripper (or SSA for burn-in) way is the way to go; although not as nice method it will be definitely far easier.

And about IFO editing - now that is tough one. Check mini-DVD/DVD-R authoring forum if interested, but suffice to say that is not as easy task as it may seem. IMHO for this it is unnecessary though - here, you'd need to modify VOBs itselves to comply with IFOs, rather than messing with the devil. (ok, playtime WILL be longer, but "stripped files&crossed fingers" button should fix that).

@ukendt: Hell, you'll need it :D